[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... are there any RPG systems that do Relationship Dynamics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ma3.jpg (11KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
ma3.jpg
11KB, 241x209px
So... are there any RPG systems that do Relationship Dynamics well?

Yes, Yes, I have shit taste and should kill myself. Ma3, as well as other Bed-Hopper Comedies are my guilty pleasure. This thread is either going to end in shit, or we'll all start discussing all the dating/romance series that fa/tg/uys are into or have read.
>>
>>52861857
I'm sure some Tumblr child has either created a TTRPG with a polymemeory mechanic or is in the process of doing so at this very moment.
>>
It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Eve and Lilith and Steve.
>>
>>52861857
None that I can think of, as polyamory is not usually a mechanic. That is the sort of thing better handled by roleplaying, not roleplaying. Most male players are not interested in larping a soap opera.

If you insist, Golden Sky Stories has an interesting relationship mechanic that is a mechanical representation of the closeness between two characters and does not have a limit on the amount of characters you can have it with.
>>
>>52862071
>>52861897
>>52861988
Ah, I guess there's a misunderstanding. I wasn't going for a Polyamorous RPG system, rather I was going for a system with interesting Mechanics that did something like establish how characters interact in a more Improvisational Roleplaying setting, such as Fiasco's "You establish one way in which you are related to another character at the setup," except with more of a shift during gameplay.
>>
Bliss Stage is what you are looking for OP
>>
>>52861988
Lilith was too independent for Adam, so he asked for an annulment
>>
>>52862348
>Ah, I guess there's a misunderstanding. I wasn't going for a Polyamorous RPG system, rather I was going for a system with interesting Mechanics that did something like establish how characters interact in a more Improvisational Roleplaying setting
You should check out Monsterhearts.
>>
>>52862348

I dunno, maybe something like *world relationships? Most games there have something like this:

List the other characters’ names.
Go around again for Hx. On your turn, ask 1,
2, or all 3:

•Which one of you do I �gure is doomed to
self-destruction?
For that character, write Hx-2.
•Which one of you put a hand in when it
mattered, and helped me save a life?
For that character, write Hx+2.
•Which one of you has been beside me all along, and has seen everything I’ve seen?
For that character, write Hx+3

[the Angel from Apocalypse World itself]

Basically some kind of value of how your relationship is going on, not really in the sense of "being good" but more like if you are getting to know the other guy, for good and bad (anyay if you help or interfere with the other guy, the more is better). At +4 you reset and gain XP.

Monsterhearts which was already suggested introduces some sort of "relationship chips", in the sense that Strings are emotional power over the other guy, which you can (and will) spend to do some shit to him.

But honestly neither games (no, not even MH) are about dating and love.
>>
Fiasco.

Maybe Hillfolk/DramaSystem.
>>
Monster hearts?

If you like Ma3 people have a monstergirl comic too so it fits...
>>
>>52862348
>>52861857
Hillfolk, by Pelgrane Press
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.