[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ is good with concepts, so here is one that puzzles me:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 473443205_640.jpg (20KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
473443205_640.jpg
20KB, 640x360px
/tg/ is good with concepts, so here is one that puzzles me:

A powerful paladin is wrecking lives and un-lifes of monsters and bad guys everywhere up to a point that they get really desperate. Their desperation opens a possibility for Master of Destiny to pop up in reality. Basically he is a guy(more a concept really) only true desperation can summon and he trades in causality: He makes something happen you want while it is sure something bad will happen to you too as payment. If we had, say, a barren woman wanting a child, she would get pregnant but her husband would die a horrible death.
Monsters and bad guys want him to destroy paladin.

I wonder what could Master demand of/how would he afflict monsters/baddies?
>>
>>52852035

His death gives way to more paladin orders.
>>
>>52852035
>what is martyrdom
>>
>>52852070
>>52852090
OP here.

Holy hell. Splendid ideas.
>>
>>52852035
He becomes resurrected as an undead, evil black knight.
>>
>>52852070
>>52852090
Alternative, the paladin has some ultimate evil just barely bound in some unstable magical prison. Death of the paladin will allow this evil to happily break through the magic holding it and proceed with it's wish... total destruction/domination of everything, whether it's good or evil.

Bonus points if the Master of Destiny IS the ultimate evil.
>>
>>52852035
First, Master of Destiny is a stupid name and the concept our talking about isnt something new. Its a monkey's paw, and it should come down to wording or ambiguity that screws them.

>paladin becomes a martyr, and as anon suggested, more paladins spring up.
or
>baddy is somehow prevented from indulging their favorite excesses.
or
>Paladin is warped and twisted into a baddy thats more powerful than they are, and dominates their shit and fucks the whole world.
or
>A weapon is forged which can destroy the paladin, but one of the villains who sealed the pact which brought about its creation must give their lives to use it, sacrificing themselves so their rivals may prosper.
or
>Paladin cannot be killed permanently. He will one day reincarnate, filling the bads with constant paranoia and dread, fouling the time they have to themselves.
>>
>>52852090

Thanks for reminding /tg/ of all places what martyrdom is.
>>
>>52852122

What's bad about evil guys killing the Holy man only to have more evil unleashed?
>>
The paladin dies but the undead as well as orc beastmen tribes are colonized by the good races and lose their independence.
>>
>>52852385
Evil guys want to be the boss, instead of having the Ultimate Evil be the boss.
>>
>>52852123
Step up your monkey paw game
>A weapon is forged which can destroy the paladin
>Only a good alignment being can weild it
>>
>>52852611
>using alignment
>game in any way "stepped up"

Come on, son.
>>
>>52852664
>implied evil vs good guys in OP
>Paladins
You are in the wrong thread
>>
>>52853337
Im not saying that you cant have good an evil. If you had said "weapon can only be used by the pure of heart" or some shit it'd be a good addition. Using the term "alignment" implies you're going off the mechanical system as set forth in DnD, which is by and large shit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.