[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any 40k fans wanna help me write some fluff for a story? Going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 8

File: Daemons_of_Tzeentch-0.jpg (277KB, 1000x768px) Image search: [Google]
Daemons_of_Tzeentch-0.jpg
277KB, 1000x768px
Any 40k fans wanna help me write some fluff for a story?
Going for something more tongue in cheek. Not too silly, just enough to get some laughs, and I want this to be fun.

There are 5 Knight Titans all possessed by a different Daemon of Tzeentch.
1 Atrapos possessed by a Horror (maybe a herald?)
1 Paladin possessed by an intelligent and aware Screamer
1 Errant possessed by a Flamer
1 Castigator possessed by a... I don't know, maybe a Daemon Prince?
1 Lancer possessed by a Lord of Change, he's the leader of the group and has to constantly put up with bitching and bickering from the rest of them

If any artfags wanna contribute, that'd be neat. I do plan on modeling them. For the most part though, just looking for story ideas. Little pieces of fluff. Some origin stories about how they got together, how some lowly Daemons got such a sweet deal, maybe why this particular Screamer is self aware?

I asked /wip/ and didn't get a response, and the 40k generals are so hung up on impending 8th ed that it's impossible to get any kind of attention there.
>>
Just had an idea for the Daemon Prince.

What if he's a newly created Daemon Prince? Thought he was really hot shit when he was mortal, but the rest of the Knight Daemons in the group give him shit all the time because he's new to the whole "being an immortal creature of the Warp" gig?
>>
File: lordofchangecomp-1.jpg (298KB, 692x2057px) Image search: [Google]
lordofchangecomp-1.jpg
298KB, 692x2057px
>>52848167

Just gonna bump this real quick
>>
>>52848220
Why not make him the owner of the knight who melded into his titan?
>>
>>52848799

Ooh I could do that. Tzeentch sees this Chaos Knight, thinks he'll make a fine addition to his little band of of Daemon Knights, and gifts him with getting sucked into his Titan.
>>
File: 0BeJO.png (147KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
0BeJO.png
147KB, 500x350px
>>52848167
Here's an idea

>Planet Mensa IX has a knight household
>House Latrunculi is renown for its strict and overblown codes of engagements, often holding friendly duels and tournaments both within the household and with other planets'
>young princep is ambitious and a rather manipulative waac faggot, exploiting flaws in the inerpretations of the rules and other quibbles
>at the height of his career, the young princep has to guide the knight house to repel the daemonic invasion on his own planet
>said invasion may or may have not happened specifically because he dabbled in forbidden lore to gain power and knowledge of RAW waacfaggotry financing a cult that had otherwordly contacts to receive said arcane knowledge
>during the invasion the household is about to fall until the princep uses the knowledge he has gained about the daemonic fiends to challenge them to a "game", where he was confident to get the upper hand on the otherwise unpredictable daemons once the context of a duel with precise rules
>little did he know that the whole affair was planned from the start by the greater daemon seeking a permanent vessel on the material world; leaking only the parts of the rules for said game to the princep to trick him into signing what's effectively a chaotic contract
>the princeps and the greater daemon then started playing a game where they both possess the same "chess"pieces on a galaxy spanning board: the remaining knights of the household, the pilots of which got elevated to daemonhoods or possessed by daemonic entities
>The knights Latrunculi now travel through the stars according to the almost impossible rules to this eternal game
>constantly arguin on rules interpretations and commenting on the companions' choice of actions
>The rules may or may not involve predetermined actions to perform on a field and the use of dice and a set of cards

Mensa means board, while latrunculi was the name of a chess-like game played by romans
>>
>>52852836
the greater daemon is practically being the GM of a LARP game wrote by tzeentch
>>
File: 1312163274050.jpg (190KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
1312163274050.jpg
190KB, 1000x666px
>>52852836

Love it, anon. Really good ideas in there. I really like the idea of them going around the galaxy playing a "game" with impossible to understand rules that they go by (but usually means whoever they come across gets BTFO, but the Daemon Knights still argue over how to do it properly).

Perhaps each Knight has its' own Blue Horror going along for the ride because the big ass Knight isn't able to manipulate cards or dice because they have giant weapons instead of hands.
The Screamer Knight is the only one that doesn't have a Blue Horror going along for the ride. He ate his Blue Horror because he was tired of the grumpy gibbering twit and he just goes along with whatever the group tells him the rules are. While he's intelligent and self aware, he still doesn't like to have to do too much of his own thinking.

>>52852938

This is good too. Maybe the Lord of Change possessing the Lancer is the one who organized the whole thing to begin with, and when their arguments get heated the other Daemons bitch at him because the game master (or whatever the Daemonic phrase for that is - suggestions?) shouldn't also be involved in the game. Like an argument about a GMPC or something.

Keep it coming guys, this is great. Getting excited.
>>
File: 1307256735954.jpg (152KB, 599x764px) Image search: [Google]
1307256735954.jpg
152KB, 599x764px
>>52854806

Building off of this, and let me know if you guys think I'm boxing myself in with the story here by focusing too much on one idea, but what if each of the different Daemon Knights takes on the persona of an RP group stereotype?

The Herald possessing the Atrapos is a rules lawyer, always ready to jump down one of the others' throats (even mouthing off to the Lord of Change at times) when they get the rules wrong.

The Errant possessed by the Flamer is "that guy". Hot headed (hurr) and always the first to suggest "let's burn them all!" and gets cranky when the group won't go along with him.

The Screamer is the guy who seems like he's not really into the game, just goes along with what the group does because that's what the group is doing. Like I said in the last post, he's intelligent and self aware, but doesn't really care to think for himself.

Maybe the Castigator Daemon Prince is the munchkin power gamer. He used to be in charge of the duels and tournaments (kinda like a former GM now having trouble adapting to the roll of a player) who tries to exploit the rules in order to make himself as powerful as possible.

Then we have the Lancer Lord of Change, the exasperated and sometimes resentful GM who brought this group together and now drives himself insane trying to hold it together, keeping everyone happy while at the same time stamping out their little campfires of bullshit.

I think we're going places here, people. Getting really excited about this.
>>
File: 1361880895448.gif (180KB, 650x580px) Image search: [Google]
1361880895448.gif
180KB, 650x580px
another bump
>>
File: 54343421.jpg (265KB, 1023x996px) Image search: [Google]
54343421.jpg
265KB, 1023x996px
I'm gonna bump this one last time before I let the thread die. I think I've got enough to work with but I'd love to hear some more ideas if you guys have got them.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.