[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/exg/ - Exalted General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 28

File: Walking Devil Tower.jpg (615KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Walking Devil Tower.jpg
615KB, 2048x1536px
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world where pants are optional.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms%20of%20the%20Chosen%20Preview.docx?dl=0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Previous Age: >>52821021

Napkin Edition! Sneak peek at the Evocations of a Moonsilver N/A Warstrider!
>>
what were your favorite artifacts in 2e? And which were "best" in each dot rating?
>>
from last thread - >>52843806

Basically, Maintenance as a mechanic is a 'when you do it, you don't need it' thing. You're encouraged to get a lot of dudes to do it for you and have a logistical train or trail.

It only comes up when you try to do the wandering warstrider pilot or similar- which is pretty much a feature- though not necessarily a fun one. If your game is paced in such a way as to make maintenance important, it starts to come up.

Like, if you're literally deploying your magitech tools every day, for hours at a time and spending no time off-camera maintaining them, or HAVE no off-camera time to do so, you accrue wear and tear and it breaks.
>>
>>52844062
Wait shit, where was this posted?
>>
>>52844062
Its great to see someone who actually cares about the line and does work. At this rate we may actually see the Lunar book before 2020.
>>
>>52844249
Vance's twitter account 5 hours ago.
>>
File: 1448917033140.jpg (452KB, 811x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1448917033140.jpg
452KB, 811x1125px
>>52844264

The new guys have done more for my interest in the game in month the the old guys did in a year.

Apparently, this Warstrider is one big reference to Numidium from TES. Walking Devil Tower references Numidiums title of Walk-Brass, and Voice of the Apocalypse is " a single syllable of anti-language that negates the reality of everything in its path." and is a reference to Numidiums ability to literally argue things out of existence. No word it the Warstrider will fuck up fate by being activated in the same way that Numidium is a walking Dragon-Break.

Numidium has always been my idea of what an N/A Warstrider should look like, so I'm basically beside myself with Hype.
>>
>>52844224
ah, thanks. thought I must have missed something.

was thinking of picking up something simple like a powermace or hearthstone compass in the scavanger lands but didn't want to have to spend a few hours every day taking a repair1 item apart(figured lower repair either needed less maintenance or could go longer between, thought there might be some specific rule about it. so it's "maintenance as plot demands" and the only hard rule for the rating is how screwed you are if it breaks. in that case may as well use my "choose one item from my treasure room" boon on something bigger)
>>
>>52844526
Man, now I hope that fucking thing is powered by the heart of a dead god.
>>
>>52844995

IIRC, Warstriders need Hearthstones. Greater only, I think. N/A might need something unique to the Warstrider. Gods are a dime a dozen in Exalted, lets hope for something closer to what the Mantella is.
>>
>>52844995

They should all be powered by the heart of something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK38WzlNvfk
>>
>>52844992
Well here's the thing- in a well-run game, you'll be given downtime. The day in (2e) creation is 25 hours long, after all. You can't be adventuring 25/7.

Exalted is a game built on the idea that you are not some wandering murderhobo- if you have say the Resources background, you are likely a property owner all the way up to Landed Elite at Resources 4-5.

So your Power Mace, like any complex piece of equipment, is going to need care. You wipe down a sword with oil and polish it to keep the blade sharp- and that is an investment of effort and man-hours. (Or you can pay a mortal to do it.)

So, the rules basically go that if you are prevented from maintaining your weapon due to constant use or sloth, you slowly reduce its effectiveness until it Breaks, and then you actually have to use the Repair Rules to fix it.
>>
IRL the moon doesn't have light on itself and can only reflect the light from the sun, why are people butthurt when Lunar can't step out of Solar's shadow?
I think if they just make Lunar some sort of special follower of Solar that you play as a NPC with then everything will be fine.
>>
>>52845119
>Because Exalts making more Exalts has been one of those things that's extremely forboten since 1e, so don't think they're going to fuck up when it comes to actually writing the rules for them, and make it so that every jackass player can create an army.

Dragonblooded always existed and were able to be made pretty easily, and Exigents now exist. If you're gonna add these shitty Exalt types to the game, expect them to be exploited if they can be.
>>
>>52845800
Dragon-Blooded continuing their lineage isn't even remotely comparable. Think instead making another type of Exalted that didn't exist before, not continuing the work of Gaia's children.
>>
>>52845956
retarded fucking halfcastes discount exalt army, rape-farm manse?
>>
Which Direction is most likely to have the remnants of a sorcerously engineered First Age race of futanari in it?
>>
What the fuck is this parry 13 mortal shit about anyway?
>>
>>52846592

One ST told a story here about an NPC he had created to challenge one of his players. Not another Exalt or supernatural being or anything interesting. He made a mortal with a Parry rating of 13 when defending against decisive attacks.

We mocked him a great deal for it.
>>
>>52846663
It was also that he initially framed it as him having unsurpassed system mastery that allowed him to challenge his munchkin solar players with mere mortals. Only in time did he relent that his genius extended to saying "this guy has 13 parry for reasons" and that his players were rightfully disgruntled.
>>
>>52846765
Oh, good. I thought someone had figured out a way to actually make a Parry 13 mortal.
>>
>>52846552
The East. That's where most of the bizarre shit leftover from the First Age is. Probably the Southeast, since that's the new hotness in EX3.
>>
>>52846765

>It was also that he initially framed it as him having unsurpassed system mastery that allowed him to challenge his munchkin solar players with mere mortals

I must have missed that. What's hilarious is that single clash attack would have put both the ST and his NPC in their places.

>Only in time did he relent that his genius extended to saying "this guy has 13 parry for reasons" and that his players were rightfully disgruntled.

I remember him saying that his player had fun.

>>52846800

Not a chance. 7 is the absolute limit without spending WP or stunting.
>>
>>52846800

I mean, to be clear, here's what I understand to be the highest possible mortal parry:

(Dex 5 + Melee 5 + Specialty) / 2 = 6 + Medium Weapon 1 + Mounted Bonus 1 + Full Defence 2 + Stunt 1.

So basically it's a maximum 11, assuming they don't want to attack, stunt every defence, their opponents aren't mounted and don't have Reaching, and they are willing to bleed 1 Initiative every round. Fuck it, I can forgive Parry 11 in those circumstances.
>>
>>52846901

Spend a point of Willpower to bump that up to 12 for a turn.
>>
>>52846938
So a mortal ultimate swordmaster who completely dedicates himself to total defense from horseback against foes without long-reaching weapons can ALMOST reach that level.
>>
>>52846938
Good point anon.

Wait a minute - if we swapped the mount for Heavy Cover, that would get our completely useless whiteroom mortal up to 13!

The only way to really do it, though, would be to give him a few identical mates and change him to a Size 1 BG with Elite drill. BGs can't take Full Defence actions (because they cost Initiative), but the +2 Defence from Elite Drill would balance out that loss. It'd still cost them 1 Willpower a turn, mind.
>>
>>52847068

Can BGs even spend WP?
>>
File: 1445738716515.jpg (44KB, 383x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445738716515.jpg
44KB, 383x700px
>http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/1069023-ask-the-devs?p=1082485#post1082485

>"Karvara is basically the love child of Numidium and Evangelion 01"
>>
>>52847102
Looked, couldn't find anything that says they can't. I assume they have to be allowed to in order to resist social influence.
>>
File: 1403730109491.png (16KB, 691x597px) Image search: [Google]
1403730109491.png
16KB, 691x597px
>>52847125

As hyped as that gets me, I'm in two minds about Warstrider weapons using the traits of artefact weapons, and the implication that they use the stats for artefact heavy armour. On one hand, it doesn't make them that much stronger than a lone Exalt when you don't count for Evocations; on the other hand, it doesn't make them that much stronger than a lone Exalt when you don't count for Evocations.

I suppose that it'll be a good thing that a player won't always be looking to be strapped into the Warstrider every single time combat rears its head, and that the other players won't feel like they need to have a Warstrider of their own in order to keep up with the Circle member who already does.
>>
>>52847327
I imagine there'll be other traits also involved that make a warstrider different from normal artifact heavy armor.

It's also possible that he ONLY means that they count as heavy armor for the purposes of MA compatibility.
>>
/tg/

Help me finish an artifact I was making.

I am making an artifact spear of Orichalcum and Red Jade.

The spear's concept is two fold, seasons and heroic intervention.

It has an attunement bonus focused around a stance system. Gallant Interceptor Stance, Fearless Pursuer Stance and True Solar Hero of Descending Flames stance.

As of this moment I have evocations for the Calibration (Stance assignment and changing), Air (Defend other action from long range), Water (Withering Counterattack), and Fire (Changing to the third stance and a corona of energy to change the tide of battle)

I need ideas for Earth and Wood
>>
>>52847327
I think what they're aiming for is to make Warstriders have the strongest Evocations and be the best at killing battle groups.
>>
>>52847394
Same anon

Preferably some kind of attack for Earth and Supplemental for Wood
>>
>>52847407

That'll probably get a step up over the likes of Volcano Cutter and Stormcallers city destroying capstone Evocations.
>>
I don't like Warstriders in general. Exalts are personally powerful humans. Combat-focused Exalts are already able to fight armies by themselves and triumph.
If being in a Warstrider makes an Exalt extra good at fighting armies, to where a similar Exalt without one can't compete in army-fighting or kaiju-fighting prowess, then I think it cheapens standard Exalts. Exalts by standard are supposed to accomplish those amazing feats with their bodies.
On the other hand, if being in a Warstrider is just like having heavy artifact armor and strong artifact weapons - things achievable without a Warstrider - then what's the point?

Those views from a game thematic perspective. But from an in-setting perspective or a simulationist perspective, it makes total sense why the Exalted would make Warstriders. The Solars had thousands of years being kings of the world, and are the greatest craftsmen in the universe; it'd be odd if they did not create such things as Warstriders.

So, I dunno.
>>
>>52845741
I don't know. I think the "sidekick" niche is a pretty good role for Lunars. They can primarily stay in the background and help the Solar PC's be even cooler. If someone doesn't like that role, then they don't have to play a Lunar.
>>
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/1069023-ask-the-devs

All the pertinent questions being asked and answered in here make it clear 3e's core book could be much improved with a serious editing pass.
>>
>>52849186
Blame Holden. He specifically did not want his book tested and edited.
>>
>>52849258
Lies, the sheer amount of testing and editing that went into the book was a big part of why it was so fucking delayed.

It's just that his and Morke's idea of what constitutes properly edited differs greatly from that which would be considered such by an actually competent game developer. But what do I know, I'm just a stupid player asking for bad mechanics I think I want.
>>
>>52847394
>>52847564

For Earth, an unblockable attack that also gives the Smashing tag effect maybe ? Is there a particular narrative order to the elements ? is Fire the spotlight in it ?

Wood could be a kind of a dodge or parry supplemental or perhaps stealth if it isn't against theme.
>>
>>52849301
This. They spent a ton of time testing and editing, but the devs had no idea how to competently handle the feedback they got, and all too often ended up taking any kind of constructive criticism or suggestions that something wasn't clear as a personal attack.

Hell, I remember when Holden actually defended the book having unclear rules, saying that different groups having their own house interpretations on various rules disagreements was a good thing and it was something he missed in tabletop gaming - that having unclear rules encouraged groups to create their own, which would in turn give them a personal investment in the game.

This was the philosophy of the developers behind 3rd edition. No amount of playtesting or editing would have helped.
>>
>>52844526
>That charm called: Eat the heart of god.

What is this feeling I had almost forgotten? Is that what they call 'hype'?
>>
>>52848982
That's because you are heavily influenced by 2e thinking, were warstriders were a dime a dozen, and mechanically it was a big piece of armor with a lot of bonuses. Not the most engaging way thematically: Exalted needs a lot of things, but gundams in my god-king setting isn't particularly needed.

3e warstriders are unique and priceless weapons that break reality simply by existing, forged in soulfire by binding the cries of nine millions demons, with a heart made of unfate and obliteration. Even seeing one in action can kill mortals in a large radius. They are unnatural, violent, mystical objects representing the epitomes, the apex of Solar destructive crafting. They are a big deal, and that's perfectly fine in my book: that's how it should be done.
>>
>>52846592
What's funny was the absolute inability of that ST to understand that a parry 13 mortal can't exist in the setting, and by creating them wily nilly he was cheapening the system and the world a lot.

His arguments boiled down to 'I am the ST I do what I want', 'I needed to challenge my player', and 'I did nothing wrong: a parry 13 mortal can exist mechanically'. Any and all discussions about the sheer ridiculousness of a parry 13 mortal, how it is impossible in the system, how he should have used a DB or a Raksha or a Lunar or something else instead, and how disrespecting the setting cheapens everyone experience was met by an almost autistic hardheadedness.

Lot of fun we had those days.
>>
File: PunchThatFool.gif (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
PunchThatFool.gif
1MB, 640x480px
>>52849618
>Exalted needs a lot of things, but gundams in my god-king setting isn't particularly needed.
>proceeds to describe a magic gundam

I know a lot of people aren't mecha fans, but do people really not realize most Gundam's are literally made of pure bullshit in the manner described? Super duper special alloy metal equipped with "better than you" tech, forged by the lovechild of autistic Rainman-esque genius mecha techs, and usually piloted by what is probably an Exalt as far as their own continuities are concerned.

Like, shit. A Gundam is exactly what a warstrider should be in terms of magical mary sue bullshittery available to an Exalt that most of the newer Exalt weaponry reads like with everything having to be some kind of special snowflake sword forged by the Sun himself using his big glowing cock as the smith hammer.
>>
>>52849707
Yeah, but when a lot of people say "Gundam" they usually mean shit like the Universal Century universe which had some of the plot armor bullshit toned down. The original Gundam actually got damaged pretty good by *mooks* several times.
>>
>>52849732
I kind of like Zone of the Enders' idea on how bullshit magical space-robots should work. I mean, yes, you CAN damage it with normal guns. It can recover basically instantly from anything short of shredding it and it has unlimited ammo and fuel and can travel at interplanetary speeds, but when you get down to it, if you hit it with its guard down, it dies like anything mortal.
>>
>>52849808
Yeah. Whereas in UC Gundam the majority of mobile suits are essentially humanoid-shaped space fighters/tanks depending on deployment environment.
>>
Can I play Exalted with my '''''''actual friends'''''' or is it too lewd?
>>
>>52849894
desu like any RPG it's as lewd as you make it senpai
>>
>>52849894
I mean... there are rape powers. But don't mention them and maybe no one will notice.
>>
File: fkv2-00c-turnerretailer_1.jpg (149KB, 659x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fkv2-00c-turnerretailer_1.jpg
149KB, 659x1000px
>>52849894
There's no inherent lewdness in Exalted.

There is a lot of implied lewdness in Exalted, as you basically play a old-style hero like Hercule or Gilgamesh in a setting where humans are definitely humans. Acquiring a harem is trivial, and rape is not a bad thing if your hero says so hard enough.

Hercule does not rape. He does a favor to a mortal.

Just say no harems allowed and put your foot down in the rape department and there's no problem.
>>
>>52844526
Wat.
...wat...
WHAT?!

Seriously, I can't properly read OP, but this sounds so goddamn awesome.
>>
>>52851220
I think it says
Karvara, the Walking Devil Tower, Moonsilver Warstrider N/A

And the evocations, in no particular order

Eat the Heart of God (sounds like this thing can do to other Warstriders what Lunars do to animals)
Carnal Spirit Reading
God-Monster Apotheosis
Torn From This World
Berserker Fury Blitz
Undying Behemoth Rebirth
Battle Fury Focus (could be a lunar charm linking into the evocation chain, like how Solar charms appear as prerequisites in Orichalcum artifacts)
Chain-Breaking Frenzy
Final Fury Rampage
Devil-Mind Gestalt Meditation
Solipsistic Dreaming God-Beast (damn, the vocabulary here is classic WoD obscure, I love it)
Rage Beyond Constraint
Roaring God-Monster Fury
Voice of the Apocalypse
>>
>>52849912
>>52849928
>>52850901
Okay. Maybe I'll play it alone first, and familiarize myself with the mechanics by building some harems while I'm at it.
>>
File: Screen.png (46KB, 679x393px) Image search: [Google]
Screen.png
46KB, 679x393px
>>52851288
Not sure why I did this, but I did.

I just realised that Battle Fury Focus and Carnal Spirit Rending (not reading) are both Solar charms. Solar charms in a Moonsilver artifact. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but it's not like the Lunars book will be published before Arms of the Chosen.
>>
>>52851399
>Solar charms in a Moonsilver artifact. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but it's not like the Lunars book will be published before Arms of the Chosen.

Well, keep in mind, Solars resonate with *everything*, too, not just Orichalcum.
>>
>>52851432
Sure, but given that Lunars also resonate with Moonsilver, and there are evocations in that tree that cannot be accessed without Solar charms, it seems odd. Maybe the final write up will include a note saying something like "there's totally going to be Lunar charms that let you eat spirits to steal their charms or activate rage mode, so Lunars can use those charms in place of these Solar charms".
>>
>>52851467
It was probably just made by a Solar for a Solar pilot, thus the charm requirements.
>>
>>52851467
Against that, Volcano Cutter is a non-Orichalcum artifact that works better with a Solar wielding it. The whole "bonus only applies if you don't roll a 1 works better with Excellent Strike behind it, and the original draft had evocations that required Call the Blade.
>>
>>52851502
Speaking of first draft Volcano Cutter, what's with the fuckhueg evocation tree here?

>>52851399
Who thinks this'll be smaller in the book?
>>
>>52851537
>Speaking of first draft Volcano Cutter, what's with the fuckhueg evocation tree here?
One of the original concepts for Artifacts was that the artifact rating would affect the amount of evocation the artifact would have.

Volcano Cutter is rating 5.

And the 3e devs love writing fuck huge trees.
>>
>>52849663
to be fair that does sound more than a bit autistic of us, especially that bit about disrespecting the setting and cheapening everybody else's experience
>>
If I were going to try converting 1 and 2e elemental to 3e where should I start?
>>
>>52851872
I'd start by working out how much mechanical detail you actually need for the conversion, and then keeping the concept and essentially nothing else.

The elementals in the 3e book have expansive write-ups, but given how large their essence pools are (and they never have to spend half their pool to manifest, unlike demons or gods) and the fact that anything without Excellencies is essentially a speedbump to anything with them, you can get away with very slight rules.

The Greenmaw, for instance. It's actually a very nice write-up, with some subtle mechanics that show that it's a threat to weaker opponents but its initiative-costing charms can't be used once it starts losing to a stronger one, but you can get its essential mechanics across with

rolls about 8 dice for what it's good at
add like 3 successes for brute force, grappling, and hunting

and then just narrating correctly.
>>
>>52851720
>One of the original concepts for Artifacts was that the artifact rating would affect the amount of evocation the artifact would have.
>And the 3e devs love writing fuck huge trees.

They really do. The obvious thing would have been "one evocation per dot" as the default. And five evocations is more than enough to get the "hot burny cutty lava boom" themes down.
>>
>>52846901
You forgot cover and concealment bonuses.
>>
>>52847327

My current houserules for Warstriders involve them having multiple evocations you get for attuning with no cost, but when running a Warstrider in battle, it constantly drains your motes.

Maintenance is sort of like that ritual for the storm sword that was previewed - after battle, every evocation you used (apart from the lowest-tier defence and offence one) is locked down, and has a maintenance ritual associated with it.

The idea is that you can bust it out for every battle if you want (like if your character concept is built around it) but you'll only be able to bust out its big stuff every now and then. Or you can just reserve it for big battles, go to town, and then spend ages prepping it for its next big fight.

Players are only about to acquire it in the next couple of sessions, so the concept hasn't been playtested yet.
>>
>>52851288
>>52851399
Now, I'm a man of simple pleasures, but I'd love to see Solar go on a rampage in the midst of the parade with warstriders depicted in the book. Especially if it was in the Imperial City.
>>
>>52852393
>And five evocations is more than enough to get the "hot burny cutty lava boom" themes down.
Based on Stormcaller's six evocations and Gnomon's nine evocations, they're probably going to be a little longer than that.

I like the idea of them being about the length of a martial art. They occupy a similar space on a character build.
>>
>>52852462
Wait, that should read ¨With Karvara against everyone present including those giant warstriders¨
>>
>>52853142
It's cool, man, we got it. If a Warstrider has a charm called Eat the Heart of a God, we're all going to think of warstriders massacring warstriders.

I do wonder how they're going to handle warstrider vs non-warstrider combat, though. Maybe it'll be something like Titanfall. Hell, they could rip it off wholesale and give Warstriders personalities, the ability to operate independently, and accessible external weakpoints.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYRLLVmpYos
>>
>>52853250
Honestly it wouldn't be that hard to do. Little gods, character sheet, and gambits.
>>
>>52853869
>Little gods
3e has moved away from those, but they could easily have something specific to Warstriders. I'm thinking the term Animating Intelligence might come up, if only for the acronym.
>>
File: JehutyConcept.jpg (134KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
JehutyConcept.jpg
134KB, 1000x600px
>>52853250
>and give Warstriders personalities, the ability to operate independently

"This is backup battle unit ADA."
>>
>>52852393
>The obvious thing would have been "one evocation per dot" as the default.

I, personally, do not want a Pathfinder flaming sword.

I understand you like Pathfinder flaming swords yourself. That is perfectly fine. Pathfinder does flaming swords perfectly well. They have bound spells and can even cast fireball three times a day, it's awesome. Of course any character three flaming swords by level 10, but then they are cheap and easy.

I, personally, think an artifact should be more than a Pathfinder flaming sword. It should have history and personality, and complexity, and several charm trees.

Of course you can still have a Pathfinder flaming sword in your Exalted game. Cheer.
>>
File: SmokingGirl.jpg (197KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
SmokingGirl.jpg
197KB, 850x850px
>>52854517

I would prefer a modular system that allows me to tailor my weapon to my needs, rather than try to explain why 5 people are trying to take Volcano Cutter as their starting weapon because it's the only fire shitting weapon in all of Creation due to forced uniqueness and the limitation that imposes upon rulebooks (ie: that you can't detail every fucking thing, so you get at best a few things).

'Uniqueness' in the rules breeds less actual uniqueness at the table, in my experiences, because then you can't just easily pull something together from a Lego-set of parts, you either get "Flamey McBurnsword", which is an exact replica of every other "Flamey McBurnsword" or you get fucking nothing.
>>
>>52854580
There are a ton of fire-shitting artifacts. Volcano Cutter is just a particularly potent one.

"In this artificial, inverted volcano-manse, he forged one of the most destructive *fire daiklaves* to grace the battlefields of the First Age."

It's unique in that it is tied to a volcanic temple-manse, can bring flame from the earth through that channeling in constant streams and is capable of even busting the manse open for a hail mary explosion.
>>
>>52854580
>SmokingGirl

That's Mokou, you pleb.
>>
>>52855275
>There are a ton of fire-shitting artifacts.
In the setting, sure. The point he's making is that there's only one in the book. That means that because there's no baseline for creating your own artifacts, everyone who wants a fire-themed artifact weapon wants Volcano Cutter. Everyone who wants a heavy melee artifact also wants Volcano Cutter. The description can say that Volcano Cutter is a perfect unique weapon or that it's a mass produced piece of crap, but the mechanics say that every PC who wants a sword like that gets exactly that, with no room for customization or uniqueness between them and every other PC who wants a flaming sword.
>>
>>52849343

I like the Earth one,

Fire is the capstone yes

The idea is that the evocations for Wind and Water are defensive (Reacting to attacks) in nature. While Earth and Wood are offensive (Creating or enhancing attacks). Fire is the capstone (It is supposed to be a high cost charm that combines the defensive and offensive stance after a large attack with a cool down lasting until the Calibration)
>>
>>52854517
lol,exalted tries to be so pretentious ass about things doesnt it
>>
>>52855539

I know you're trolling, but can you expand what you mean?
>>
>>52851720
My personal preference would be the artifact rating giving better front loaded powers.
>>
>>52855407
I've never run into this. I've seen one Volcano Cutter and five different red jade artifacts in the games I've been in. A longfang, a reaper daiklave, twin short daiklaves, jade knife and a white-and-red jade goremaul that had the power of smashing people so hard they turned into comets that exploded on impact.
>>
>>52856134
It is an inevitability, players like catching things on fire and explosions.

The artifact I'm trying to make focuses more on the enhanced reflexes and movement speed aspects of red jade.
>>
>>52855514

Ahh I see. Then you could probably go with enhancing attack range or making a straight-up area sweep attack with Wood. Perhaps extra-effective against battlegroups even.

Or you could go down the debuff/poisoning kind of direction.
>>
>>52856440
Thanks senpai
>>
>>52857022

This was true in 2e when you had Factory Cath. mass producing weapons, both fluff and crunch. In 3e it's less on the fluff but I can see your point. Evocations take up a lot of space and even after arms of the chosen we're not going to have something like five different flaming weapons to pick from (Which is probably DnD's variations of them).

Fluff wise the concept is there, but crunch wise not so much.
>>
>>52848982
Warstriders were never intended fpr ground wars, or duels. That much was stated in 2E, their characteristics make them horrible at being used against human sized targets.
They were intended as siege weapons and for fighting humungous monsters.
>>
>>52853250
>It's cool, man, we got it.
I may be, finally, more hyped than I care to admit.
>>
Solars are better at using Evocations than other Exalted, and are better at drawing out the true power of artifacts than any other Exalted. We've known this since day one.
>>
Would someanon with a forum account be so kind as to ask the devs when we're likely to get stats for the giant boss monsters warstriders are meant to fight? Behemoths, third circle demons, Juggernaut, etc.
>>
>>52857516
I would guess sometime after Dragon Blooded, Exigents, Abyssals, and Lunars.
>>
>>52857516
I gotchu senpai
>>
>>52857516
Aren't they doing monthly releases of QC antagonists and monsters to fight?
>>
>>52857659
Thank you good sir
>>
>>52857947
That's the plan, if memory serves. There's no guarantee that the first release will include any giant boss monsters, but Vance is aware that they're wanted.
>>
>>52855539
It was a White Wolf creation, of course it's one of the most pretentious RPGs around
>>
A standard die in 3e is worth roughly .5 successes, right? How does getting double 9s or double 8s affect this? Would they become worth .6 and .7 successes (ish) respectively?
>>
>>52859356
Yes. Just calculate the number of possible successes and divide by the number of possible outcomes.

E.g. normal:
0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 1 / 1 / 1 / 2, for 5 divided by 10. = 0.5

Double 9s, reroll 1s
[0] / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 1 / 1 / 2 / 2, for 6 divided by 9. (Can't roll 1) = 0.666
>>
>>52859408
Ah, thank you kindly
>>
File: dbl.png (19KB, 1256x236px) Image search: [Google]
dbl.png
19KB, 1256x236px
>>52859356
>>
>>52859468

Got a link to that program?
>>
>>52859408
>>52859468
Using the same idea:
The sum of all your probability*success number is your expected die result
No Doubles:
(0.6)*0 + (0.4)*1 = 0.4

Double 10s:
(0.6)*0 + (0.3)*1 + (0.1)*2 = 0.5

Double 9s:
(0.6)*0 + (0.2)*1 + (0.2)*2 = 0.6

Double 8s:
(0.6)*0 + (0.1)*1 + (0.3)*2 = 0.7

Double 7s:
(0.6)*0 + (0)*1 + (0.4)*2 = 0.8
>>
>>52859555
No. I made it, but it's not finished and ready for upload yet.
>>
>>52859558

Let's say I've a Sidereal who brings his target number down to 4? Is this right?

0/0/0/1/1/1/1/1/1/2 divided by 10 = 0.4.

So it's the equivalent to double 7s?
>>
>>52859644

That should be 0.8, but it's not 'cause I'm shit at math.
>>
How do you find Exalted players on the Internet who don't suck?
>>
>>52859644
Yes, though the distribution is a little different. Same average, though.
>>
File: dbl2.png (132KB, 1880x960px) Image search: [Google]
dbl2.png
132KB, 1880x960px
>>52859644
(0.3)*0 + (0.6)*1 + (0.1)*2 = 0.8

So yes, in terms of expected number of successes per die, TN 4 Double 10s is equivalent to TN 7 Double 7s. But expected number of successes doesn't tell you the full story. It's more like like McDonald's of statistical analysis.

You can see how TN 7 Double 7s literally cannot roll an odd number of successes, while TN 4 Double 10s is very likely to. The two rolls are not equal.
>>
>>52859703
Vet the players first. From what I've seen in the Discord, the players recruited there generally aren't shitlords. Based on lurking the game rooms without hearing the voice, anyway.
>>
Just saw Holden bitching on Twitter about how he never got his author copy of W20. The salt is real.
>>
>>52859792

That's an interesting tidbit which I never thought of, thanks. Kind of puts into perspective just how powerful Sidereals are since they can get TN 4 for 3m every turn.
>>
>>52859822
Seemed like a fairly level-headed and straightforward complaint to me. Are you sure it isn't you who is salty?
>>
>>52859913
Does the word "salt" in modern vernacular imply that ones consternation is unjustified? Or can one be justifiably salty? Exalted fans do have some legitimate reasons to dislike how the line was handled under Holdorke.
>>
>>52859913
I just think it's salty that he's bitching about it in public now that he's been fired instead of doing something about it sometime in the last six years.

>>52859973
You can be justifiably salty. Salt is just public bitterness.
>>
>>52859973
>Holdorke
Molden
>>
>>52859857

Speaking as someone who ran the Bronze Faction Assassin from core against a Solar melee last session, they're glass cannons to a degree. Their TN dropping does squat for static values like defences. The Assassin rolled higher than the Solar for init, but not enough to penetrate his hardness on the first round, so went withering on his first action - and was dead before he got another to Avoidance Kata out.
>>
>>52860132
What was the Solar equipped with, and what Charms did they have?
>>
>>52860132

That's something that I suspected, but never tested. They can't add as many dice, so they can't hit the same highs. A Sidereal, no matter how optimised, can only increase their defence by (Essence), but a Solar can add 5 fresh out of chargen. I'd also mention that they've the smallest mote pool, but your assassin didn't last long enough for that to be relevant.
>>
>>52860242
Their excellency is broken at E3+ and I'd be shocked if it is kept as is in their book. The Siddy excellency is fine as a tool for QCs, because that siddy is a glass cannon - but when you add a full charm set and defensive suit? No way.
>>
>>52860242
It doesn't really matter. A siddy using light weapons is rolling like 14 successes per attack and doing it very cheaply, that is obscene
>>
>>52860329

How does it break at E3? I'm aware that their Excellencies are twice as good for static values than any other Exalts, but what else? Isn't the TN fuckery the most powerful part?
>>
File: x.png (6MB, 3112x2024px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
6MB, 3112x2024px
>>52860242
The best this guy could do for defense against a decisive attack would be 6m for +3 Defense to hopefully not get hit at all, then 3m 1wp to take away 6 or 7 raw damage from the attack, and raise its TN to 8.

When you use a Charm that uses your current temporary Willpower as a number, and that Charm costs Willpower to use, do you spend the cost before looking at your total? In other words, at full Willpower, will Unwavering Well-Being Meditation take away 7 damage or 6?
>>
>>52860329
We have confirmation that the DB excellency is going to change for the book, so I do expect Sid excellency to change too.
>>
>>52860370
For 6 motes they're matching what other exalts do for 10 motes. TN 4 is just that good.
>>
>>52860377
That is an excellent question! I assume before you spend though.
>>
>>52859973
Salt does imply a bit of "can't control yourself" because of the public implications allused to by >>52860005.

Sure Holden is obviously a douchebag but saltily posting about it on other forums and carrying on about it endlessly is just pathetic and nobody gives a shit and wishes these people would just do us all a favor and kill themselves so we can get back to talking about fantasy games.
>>
>>52860377
You spend the costs before the effect happens. This was confirmed with initiative-cost charms.
>>
File: x.png (165KB, 2068x1014px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
165KB, 2068x1014px
A Solar's 10m full Excellency has a 12.41% chance of getting 14 or more successes, compared to the Sidereal's 10.03%
The Solar has a 7.19% of getting 15 or more successes, compared to the Sidereal's 1.13%
Only in that 14+ area is the Solar superior. The Sidereal's Excellency is far better.
>>
But a Sidereal has to reach Essence 3 to get that, while the Solar can whip out the 20 dice straight out of character creation
>>
>>52860596

Well shit, no wonder the Usurpation was successful. What happens if you've a Sidereal sling +5d instead of +3d? Is there ever point where they're always on top?

>>52860660

Solar also has a larger mote pool to draw on.
>>
>>52860596
The math on this changes even more in the Sidereal's favor when you consider weapon accuracy.

It also has the effect of making light weapons even more of a must have for them.
>>
>>52860669
The mote pool difference isn't that huge. The real problem is that you can't design a charmset around such an absurdly powerful Excellency.

The Sidereal Excellency right now makes Snake Strikes the Heel a pseudo-perfect defense.
>>
>>52860596
Can you link this spreadsheet?
>>
File: x.png (187KB, 2068x1014px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
187KB, 2068x1014px
>>52860669
This is what an Essence 5 Sidereal can do.

>>52860737
No. It's not ready for others to use yet.
>>
>>52860696

Or even their bare hands if you're okay with no Evocations and missing out on a few dice. Ideal for Martial Arts.

>>52860720

I think Vance stated on the forums that the sheer power of their Excellency means that they won't get any dice trick charms.

>>52860749

Holy shit, these guys are always on top. Let's hope they don't get a fucked up charmset like they did in 2e. Looking forward to their release in 2050.
>>
>>52860749
Instead of 10 base, it should be 13.
5 attribute, 5 ability, +1 specialty, +2 stunt.
>>
>>52857491
Yes, but that's now been quantified. As it stands, Solars and Lunars are equally good at drawing Resonant evocations out of Moonsilver artifacts. I'd be surprised if that Moonsilver Warstrider doesn't have a caveat attached to it with regard to those Solar charms in its evocation tree.
>>
>>52860796
He said TN reduction is too powerful to give them dice tricks, so they'll get TN reduction in some form, I just don't expect the QC excellency.

A universal TN reduction excellency is too hard to balance because they get TN 4 for only 3m, which is crazy. They will just always hit you, and that is no place to start a charmset.
>>
>>52860930
I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't, gating evocations behind Solar charms is a dev balance tool to say 'this effect is for Solars only.'

If they were for Lunars too, they would just use the resonant tag.
>>
File: x.png (205KB, 2068x1120px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
205KB, 2068x1120px
>>52860885
You'd like to see those? No problem.
>>
>>52860977
That's not the only thing it's for. Gating evocations can also be appropriate when they're thematically related. And Resonant doesn't block a charm in its entirety in the way that a prerequisite does.

In any case, we are talking about a napkin. Enjoyable to overexamine, but we can wait and see what the final product looks like.
>>
>>52860996
The extra dice really work in the favor of Sidereals, yikes. If there's one more roll I'd like to see is a full withering attack with a light artifact weapon of +5 accuracy bonus on top of that.
>>
>>52854517

Feel free to point to where I said that a five-dot artefact needs to be generic and flavourless.

If you can't make a unique and interesting weapon with a default target of five charms in addition to its base statline, then good for you.

It's fucking odd to see a Real Roleplayer arguing in favour of quantity over quality though.

However, to speculate wildly, I suppose it makes sense if you commit to associating the system with your sense of pretentious superiority, then the complexity and density of material actually becomes a way to reinforce your own ego via your mastery of it. Any criticism of the system becomes criticism of your own ego, and is met with an outpouring of your basic emotional weakness.

Amusingly, this would make you a perfect fit for Ivory Tower games design.
>>
>>52861046
>And Resonant doesn't block a charm in its entirety in the way that a prerequisite does.

It absolutely could, you just haven't seen any examples of it.

>That's not the only thing it's for. Gating evocations can also be appropriate when they're thematically related.

Vance specifically said its a balance tool, he picks thematically related charms because that makes the most sense. He could simply make up a new evocation that is even more related to a given evocation as its pre-requisite, when he doesn't its because of balance reasons.
>>
>>52861104
Sure. Give me a little bit.
>>
>>52861134
Thanks. I can see even small bonuses like the merit Fast Reflexes of +1 die to JB end up being awesome for Sidereals.
>>
>>52861122
>Vance specifically said its a balance tool
Interesting if true. I still think that a Moonsilver artifact not giving up all its power to a Lunar is a bit off, though.
>>
>>52861205
Artifacts are known to give different evocations to different people, though. Chances are there's a sidebar on other-Splat charms and their Evocation-extensions in Arms.
>>
>>52861251
In a pinch, provided you have a Lunar Charm with a similar effect, that might do the trick as a prerequisite? Boring, but a time-saver.
>>
>>52861316
Doubt they want to lock down Charms as prerequisites in Arms for splats where the charms themselves haven't been written.
>>
>>52861205
Lunars get exactly as much power out of Moonsilver as the resonant tag gives them. If Solar gated charms were only present in Orichalcum, it would undermine their theme of being masters of all materials equally.

That isn't to say Lunar gated or whatever Exalt gated charms couldn't exist, but I'd imagine they'd be appropriate to that splat and you won't see them until their books are finished and the devs know where they stand.
>>
>>52861316
Probably not, because if an evocation is gated behind a specific exalt's charm I expect that evocation to be only for that exalt.
>>
>>52861354
>If Solar gated charms were only present in Orichalcum, it would undermine their theme of being masters of all materials equally.
I disagree. I think references to specifically Solar charms should be the hallmark of Orichalcum artifacts. Volcano Cutter used to have a Solar charm in its tree, but that was removed. Hunting Hawk and the preview of Stormcaller have Solar charms in their trees, and they're both Orichalcum weapons.

If it's nonetheless a requirement that Solars be able to master all artifacts (reasonable), then that means that other materials should not have charms specific to other Exalts, but it still doesn't require that a Moonsilver artifact withholds its power from a Lunar.

Volcano Cutter could be used as another example. Solars that attune to it get its first evocation for free. Dragonbloods don't get that advantage. However, nothing stops Dragonbloods from buying that evocation and using it just as effectively as a Solar would.
>>
>>52860796
>I think Vance stated on the forums that the sheer power of their Excellency means that they won't get any dice trick charms.

Thank fucking god. I just hope a lot of other Exalted also have powerful Excellencies so their books aren't filled up with fucking dice trick charms like the core book was.
>>
>>52861205
Each individual has their own unique Charmset when they bond with an Artifact. Obviously the Charms a Lunar unlocks when he bonds with a Moonsilver artifact wouldn't require Solar Charms. That would be stupid.

Rather, the point of the Solar prereqs is to make sure that the Solar player has invested into specific branches of the Solar charmset, so you don't have some Solar Martial Artist with zero dots in Melee using those Charms.
>>
>>52861619

We know the Abyssal one, and maybe the Infernal one by extension. I'd imagine that the Lunar one will stay as it is in the Core, but the devs have said the the DBs don't have an excellency, what was in the Core was some some QC shit to use for convenience.
>>
>>52861444
That wouldn't work because it would make Orichalcum the only material Solars could get charms balanced just for them, which is what I was saying.
>>
File: evocations balance.jpg (79KB, 1441x229px) Image search: [Google]
evocations balance.jpg
79KB, 1441x229px
>>52861669
>Rather, the point of the Solar prereqs is to make sure that the Solar player has invested into specific branches of the Solar charmset,

This isn't the point at all, it is a balance tool.
>>
File: x.png (597KB, 3736x2480px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
597KB, 3736x2480px
>>52861165
>>52861104
I decided to go whole hog on it

Pools: 5 Dex + 5 Melee + 1 Specialty + 2 Stunt + 5 light artifact melee = 18 base
Blue: Solar Ess 1: +10 = 28 dice, TN 7, Double 10
Green: Sidereal Ess 5: +5 = 23 dice, TN 4, Double 10
Red: Sidereal Ess 3: +3 = 21 dice, TN 4, Double 10

Assuming each has 3 strength, and is attacking a target with:
>7 Defense
>8 Soak (3 Stamina + 5 Medium armor, or 5 Stamina + 3 Light Armor)

There are two charts. One is for successes on attack roll. The other is successes on damage roll. That one is for the ultimate damage you expect to inflict at the end.
>"If I attack an enemy with 7 defense and 8 Soak, using 23 dice at TN 4, Double 10s, +13 withering damage, and 3 Overwhleming, my chances of ultimately inflicting exactly X damage is given by the chart"
>>
File: x1.png (115KB, 1221x1410px) Image search: [Google]
x1.png
115KB, 1221x1410px
Here's just the graphs.
>>
>>52860235

Can't remember the full load-out. It wasn't some exceptional comb. The Sidereal hit, but didn't crash them on the first round, then Flashing Edge of Dawn knocked the Sidereal down the initiative order, Two Weapons, One Blow withering, crashing the Sidearal. Next turn, withering attack, Peony Blossom, decisive attack from ~30 initiative. The attacks themselves were just enhanced by excellencies and Excellent Strike.

By the time of the decisive attack, the Sidereal was at -3 from onslaught and wound penalties, IIRC.
>>
>>52862924

If I'd played the Sid smarter, I should probably have delayed and tried to clash everything, so that his excellency could have done work. But even then, he could only have clashed once per round, so One Weapon/Peony Blossom could still have screwed him over.

Not sure if you can counterattack off a clash or not, so Flashing Edge of Dawn might have hurt, too.
>>
>>52862763
Any chance you can post the file?
>>
>>52862993

>Counterattack: Cannot be used in reaction to a Charm with the Counterattack or Clash keyword.

Page 253. Doesn't mention clash attacks that weren't created by a charm, but you can infer.
>>
>>52859703
Ask them if they've ever been in an Exalted chat. If yes, ban them from your games. There, you've now taken the first step in the vetting process.
>>
>>52862993
The Bronze Faction Assassin does not seem to be very good against melee fighters. Bows are bad at close range, the Sidereal needs to spend a turn Aiming to get use out of Any Direction Arrow, and can't reflexively clash attacks at close range.
>>
So as a general question, how much is a given solar assumed to know about the grand history of things? Even at lore 5 I'm not sure if it's expected someone knows about the whole primordial war down to first age to usurpation to now thing. I normally wouldn't care but a lot of my zeniths philosophy such as it is depends on knowledge of some of those facts.
>>
>>52863580

It really boils down to their Lore rating. If they can access bits of their predecessors memories, get a vision from the UCS, or can meet another Exalt, that'd help.
>>
>>52863580
Their lore background (pg238) is important for this. Somewith with Lore (Farmer From The Lap) 5 is going to know less about the primordials than someone with Lore (Raised As Orabilis' Personal Book-Holding Slave) 5. But that guy wont know as much about Creations elementals, weather, and geography.
>>
>>52863580
Pretty much everybody knows about the Usurpation, at least the basics of it, because it's core to the Immaculate philosophy. Actual knowledge of the First Age or earlier is going to be a LOT harder to come by, though. And just because you know that the Usurpation happened doesn't mean you know why or how. You'd just know the party line that the Solars were awful dudes who were thrown down in their unrighteousness by the uttermost greatness of the Dragonbloods, may their extreme holiness rule forever etc.
>>
>>52863580
Depends how they got Lore 5 really. Someone who got their Lore reading in the Community Library of Malfeas probably knows it, someone who got Lore 5 from general bardic knowledge might not.
>>
In order to warm up with mechanics, I got bored and made an Artifact Powerbow with ideas from the Farsight from Perfect Dark.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qBPhs1oUXcqg-QtFC6d7C-i0vdfL7mpeQt4p3bFUuvw/edit#
>>
File: Blasphemy.png (106KB, 359x440px) Image search: [Google]
Blasphemy.png
106KB, 359x440px
>>52866678
>Warm up with mechanics
>Warm up

Is it happening?
>>
>>52866742

I was going to try and work on the backlog of my other artifact evocations. I wanted to do a weapon based off the DFOG Asura and a Grand Grimclever weapon.
>>
>>52866804
Oh.

Okay. That's pretty cool too.
>>
>>52862763
Thank you! This is really helpful. Doing the UCS' work.
>>
>>52862069
It can be both. A tool doesn't always serve just one use.

Otherwise they wouldn't gate charms behind anything more advanced than Solar Excellencies.
>>
>>52867243
crack?
>>
>>52864577

Is now the time to say I really hate this mechanic? No other ability requires a vaguely-specified "background" to describe what it does and doesn't cover. Really, this should be the province of specialties.

This is especially egregious when your lore background becomes a pre-requisite for charms, and doubly so when there's only one charm with such a pre-requisite (meaning everyone who cares about lore will take a math-related background so they qualify for Heaven-Turning Calculations).
>>
>>52868618

I'm in the same boat. I like to play well travelled sages who know much about the world, but for that you need to stock up on specialties.
>>
>>52868665

Fortunately, that's not hard with Harmonious Academic Methodology.
>>
How big would you say yasal crystals are?
>>
>>52870212
Two fists, maybe.

2e (alas) question here: What should I decay to initiate into Necromancy?
>>
>>52860011
I like hat one. Sounds like some kind of sickness or micro organism-induced rot. ¨The books suffered fom Molden¨ rolls from the tongue nicely.
>>
>>52864534
>You'd just know the party line that the Solars were awful dudes who were thrown down in their unrighteousness by the uttermost greatness of the Dragonbloods, may their extreme holiness rule forever etc.

to be fair, that's not exactly as far off as most HEAVILY solar-skewed players seem to think...
>>
>>52870587
poisoning a relationship until you force them to abandon you vs sorcery's cutting ties seemed like a classic to me
>>
Any news on Necromancy yet?
>>
>>52872382
Nope. Still only have the core. Only thing even slightly progressing is artifacts, you're gonna be waiting awhile.
>>
>>52872418
(Artifacts for solars of course)
>>
>>52872418
When can we expect a teaser about Necromancy at least?
>>
>>52847327
>I suppose that it'll be a good thing that a player won't always be looking to be strapped into the Warstrider every single time combat rears its head.
Have you forgotten that Warstriders are treated the same as nukes? Probably worse, because nukes are single-use while a Warstrider can come back and fuck your shit up harder than Brendan Fraser over and over unless you haver something equally powerful to stop it.
>>
>>52873540

How many motes do you think it costs to use these Evocation-Nukes? How many motes do you think it take an Exalt to defend against one? We already know that Warstriders use the same stats for weapons and armour as heavy artefacts. Do you think that Evocation-Nukes could be spammed?
>>
>>52873676
I'd imagine it'd be a lot of uncountable damage that perfect defenses would take care of to keep the style of great at destroying vast swathes but not for killing individuals.
>>
>>52873494
...shortly after solars get void necromancy moved to them? lol
>>
Anybody else seem to see a lot of the much hated 2e "hellforged wonder" in the roots of 3e's "evocation"-laced artifacts?
>>
>>52875655

I thought that was intentional. I never heard of it being hated, was it because they were Sapient with their own Motivations and agendas?
>>
>>52854580
Who is this semen demon?
>>
File: NobleLady2.jpg (62KB, 550x1015px) Image search: [Google]
NobleLady2.jpg
62KB, 550x1015px
>>52876641

No idea. I just save tons of art over time. Unless I directly know a character I can't tell who it is, and I dunno who that is, if anyone.
>>
>>52875655
Elaborate, Mr. Dubs.
>>
>>52876641
>>52876701
Picture search is a thing, though it's the artist making her look good
Look for Imizu, makes her look good in a maid dress as well.
>>
File: DeliciousBrownDragonsDogma.png (1MB, 1200x1696px) Image search: [Google]
DeliciousBrownDragonsDogma.png
1MB, 1200x1696px
>>52878579

Picture search is a thing yes, but that would also mean I care about whoever is pictured in the picture beyond purely aesthetic terms, which, for the purposes of it being character art that I collect only because any given piece looks acceptable for my own use, isn't too much of a concern for me.

Like I know this one is from Dragons Dogma, but thats only because I played DD. It would've gotten saved regardless of if I had or hadn't, and either way I wouldn't have bothered to check where it was from anyway.
>>
>>52878944
Missing the point.
Look up the artist for more art.
>>
>>52879096

Yes, I can clearly see you missed the point of my post.
>>
>>52876701
>Unless I directly know a character I can't tell who it is, and I dunno who that is, if anyone.

>>52879114
>but that would also mean I care about whoever is pictured in the picture beyond purely aesthetic terms

>>52878579
> it's the artist making her look good

I understood from the first post on the character doesn't interest you.
Point is: if you like the aesthetics look up the artist. Not more and not less. Advice. Nothing else.
Everything else wasn't even meant for you but for >>52876641
>>
>>52873676
One mote holds the power of an atomic bomb, so it should only take one mote to use an Evocation nuke.
>>
>>52875655
You misunderstand. Solartards derive their notions of quality not from creativity or elegance, but by how much gold paint is on something.

Its why they want Lunars to be weaker solars. Its why they want Infernals to be weaker solars with crooked flavor text. Its why solars got copypasted infernal charms in the core this time around.
>>
>>52881438

>One mote holds the power of an atomic bomb

What? Where the fuck did you hear that? A dozen motes has the power of the philosopher's stone, but it ain't sure as shit a single mote.
>>
how hard would you say it is to break a yasal crystal?
>>
>>52881833

I wouldn't make it my harder to break than a Hearthstone, definitely. Rules for that are on page 604, in case you're wondering.
>>
File: 2e.jpg (53KB, 386x403px) Image search: [Google]
2e.jpg
53KB, 386x403px
>>52881775

He's probably referring to this inspired piece of work.
>>
>>52882037

The only possible way that could be worse is if they threw in the word "Motonic"
>>
>>52882084
What does Motonic even mean?
>>
>>52882037
>>52882084
Not sure why this is that bad, giving a direct relation to the power levels involved certainly sets the stage for what Solars should be able to accomplish.
>>
>>52882142
There are no ten-mote charms that are at the destructive level of an atomic bomb, nor should there be. One Solar should not be able to destroy all Creation in a lazy afternoon.
>>
>>52882108

No fucking clue, but the devs used it a lot in 2e when they wanted to sound sciency. Especially when talking about First Age shit.

>>52882142

Comparing motes to mythological artefacts like Excliber or the Philosophers Stone is okay. Saying that your personal Essence pool, not even you total Essence pool, but the smaller personal one alone, has more power in it than the Hiroshima A-bomb? Not a chance. You want to see WMDs like that in Exalted, look up the Soul Breaker Orb.
>>
>>52882108
Adjective. Of or pertaining to motes.
>>
>>52882217
kilomote
>>
What kind of charms might a 'free' chalcothete accumulate, and what sort of life do you think it'd have managed to live?
>>
>>52882037
What a beautiful piece of writing. Truly something to emulate moving on
>>
>>52882171
There are a lot of ten-mote charms that can protect you from an atomic bomb, which afaik should take more energy than that unleashed in the attack.
Sidereal destroyer, on the other hand, is a-okay.
Creation
Slaying
Oblivion
Kick
>>
>>52882171
Not 10m charms, but Xm charms, where X is your personal pool. That's like 15 to 30 motes. But it says every Solar, so even the Essence 2 ones, who have like 15 motes.
>>
>>52883772

Protecting human-sized object from the effects of a nuclear blast would most definitely take less energy than the entire blast released.
>>
>>52883772
Defensive effects should be cheaper than their offensive counterparts, besides the fact that defending a single person from an atomic bomb is not the same thing as perfectly negating the bomb, which should be really difficult/expensive.
>>
>>52882037

Even then the sidebar still mentions the entire personal pool rather than a single mote.
>>
Well Arms is now back in Second Draft and the first of the monthly stuff is in Art Direction. So I guess that is something. I guess that also means all the artifacts are complete and the napkin was a bit older. Or was just delivered today.
>>
File: snack that up.png (224KB, 760x572px) Image search: [Google]
snack that up.png
224KB, 760x572px
>>52881449
>Its why solars got copypasted infernal charms in the core this time around.
That's a big claim, pal.
>>
>>52885091
Yeah I don't know what the fuck that guy's on about.
>>
>>52844526
This is honestly the most awesome thing I've heard in 2 years on exalted. My last exalted's entire goal was effectively to build Numidium.
>>
>>52884941
Maybe Arms really will be out if promised time.
>>
>>52870587
>>52881913

thanks
>>
>>52885091
Demon-Wracking Shout was originally an infernal charm? Though it isn't copy pasted it just shares the name and has a similar but not identical effect.
>>
>>52885091
viridian legend
>>
>>52886565
>Demon-Wracking Shout was originally an infernal charm?
Not really, it was an "universal" charm, potentially anyone could learn it, provided they could find someone who heard it and learn it from them.
>>
>>52885573
It's pretty cool, yeah.
>>
>>52875655
The problem I commonly heard cited with hellforged wonders was that it encouraged you to approach demons like a murder hobo
>>
>>52889967
>The problem I commonly heard cited with hellforged wonders was that it encouraged you to approach demons like a murder hobo
Elaborate?
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
>>
>>52891151

>http://theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/

The elemental keywords seem to be interesting, but until we know just how they affect the game I can't really pass judgement.
>>
>>52891151
Seems pretty cool.
>>
>>52881449

WHY IS IT THAT ASSHOLES ALWAYS DESCRIBE, ONE TO ONE, THE WORLD I WISH TO LIVE IN?
>>
>>52890808
Hellforged Wonders are basically clusters of spirit charms and an Urge that are only really as interesting as the demon used to create them.

The problem is that by making a demon into a Hellforged Wonder you've effectively killed it.
>>
I'm looking for Anathema 3.1.3 (the last updated version of the app for Exalted 1e) as the links in http://anathema.github.io/ don't work anymore
>>
If you have a ranged "fire" attack like the Burning Name or an artifact melee weapon that has an evocation allowing it to project flame, does it qualify said attack or weapon to be used with Righteous Devil Style? Given that the Style description mentions firewands and "other" fire-projectile weapons.
>>
>>52892527

Might be a good idea to post that in the "Ask the Devs" thread on the forum.
>>
>>52892527
If I were your ST I'd rule No
>>
>>52892108
pretty sure that was intentional though, hells just like that
>>
>>52892610
Seconded.
>>52892890
I'd be tempted to allow it myself. RAW, it's specifically based on Intelligence + Occult, which means it can't be used with a Martial Art. That said, why not break that rule? You want to spend 2 merit points on a gun that is an expression of your character and doesn't give you any mechanical advantages? Where's the harm?
>>
How do you Kill Zenith/Midnight/Malefactors? They are loaded with resistance, and integrity. And mote economically are pretty good too.
>>
>>52889967
>>52890808
That's a cool as fuck mechanic tho.

To create a good hellforged wonder you need to vanquish a powerful 2ndc demon and a lot of powerful 1rstc demons, and then bind them to create what you want. Cool as fuck. I distinctly remember some really good games with my party.

Just remember to tweak the creation rules to force people to fight for it.
>>
>>52893100

Crash them. Heavy weapons perform better against high soak, but if they've high defence as well, you might want to mix it up a little.
>>
>>52893100
True dat. I'm definitely grabbing the "get 20m back in the middle of a fight" Integrity charm chain for my Dawn.

That said, maybe that's the answer. Zeniths don't have exclusivity on not being a glass cannon.
>>
>>52893171

Can't you only get (Stamina*2) at most from that charm, or is there combo I'm missing out on? While we're at it, what's the best way to reset the charms in that tree?
>>
>>52893387
I'm thinking of this one.

Energy Restoration Prana
Cost: —; Mins: Integrity 5, Essence 2
Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Bridge
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Mind-Cleansing Prana or any 3
Martial Arts Charms
When using the prerequisite, the Exalt may channel this
Charm to speed her body’s natural resting processes, al-
lowing her to get a full night’s rest in the time it takes her
to meditate, restoring one Willpower and resetting any
Charms that can only be used once per day, while also re-
storing twenty motes of Essence. Energy Restoration Prana
can only be used once per day

And its prerequisites, and the one that lets you activate it as a reflexive action rather than over the course of an hour.

Technically, it only gets you 15m, because the base charm costs 5m. That said, it also gives you 1wp, and +2 successes on the next roll you make "requiring concentration", AND resets all your daily charms. All that is five charms total. I know that there are too many Solar charms, but that's a nice ability to assemble out of multiple charms.
>>
>>52893054
>You want to spend 2 merit points on a gun that is an expression of your character and doesn't give you any mechanical advantages?

I'd object more that he wants to use a gunfu style with laser eyes or a flaming sword than about the laser eyes normally rolling occult.
Also I'm not sure where you're getting that quoted sentence.
>>
>>52893653
My feeling was that, functionally, using the Burning Name with Righteous Devil makes it a 2 dot gun merit, and I didn't see a problem with that. To me, the geographically specific firedust weapons that are kind of flintlocks but not fit less well into Exalted than a pact with a fire elemental letting you burn things in a righteous way rather than a functional way.
>>
>>52892905
It's brutal enough for Malfeas but a unique weapon basically demands a dead 2nd circle demon and there's not really enough of those to go around.
>>
>>52891151
These Charms are all straightforward and intelligible. There's no natural language involved. The flavor text and the mechanics aren't all jumbled together. Everything there simply says exactly what it does.

If this is how Exalted Charms are going to work from now on, WHAT THE FUCK AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT?
>>
>>52894186

Holdemorke really fucked up the core, didn't they? But isn't it so weird to have devs using the forums to clear up any ambiguities and answer any questions that you have?

Time to start complaining about having nothing to complain about.
>>
>>52894186
I could stand for a tiny bit more fluff, especially some more stuff about coll elemental shit, but I'll wait and see.
>>
>>52894314
>Time to start complaining about having nothing to complain about.

More like "Where is my revised core pdf with all of the eratta in it to fix any problems" time.
>>
>>52894186
Why they haven't rereleased the core book up to that standard?

I actually think it could be a good idea. Go nWoD, release a core Creation book and a Solars book, turn the crafting system into a variant on the sorcerous working system, and rewrite the Solar charms for readability.

Honestly, I don't think 3e as it stands needs more than a new crafting system and a refined charms section. Everything else is more than good enough for me.
>>
>>52894353
>>52894356

Newly-Revised Core Mind
>>
>>52894356
>Go nWoD, release a core Creation book and a Solars book

No, just no. That would be a fucking terrible idea, because it was a terrible idea for NWoD too.

Just fix the Charms in the Core and throw the fucking Craft section into a fire and rewrite it, update everyones pdf's for free, and publish eratta for those with actual books.
>>
>>52894422
Just stop it. The charm system is find if you're not an autistic sperg. They guy playing the craft supernal in my group had the same reaction upon learning how it worked, but after using it for a few sessions he finds it a perfectly usable system.
>>
>>52894422
>it was a terrible idea for NWoD too.
Was it? I bought the core Vampire, Werewolf and Mage books at the same time. I like that they didn't repeat the core skill rules repeatedly, and I like that the core book works as a self-contained RPG.
>>
>>52894496

Exalted isn't NWoD, there isn't 40 different systems of magical bullshit at work. Exalts use Charms, they all use Charms. There is literally no reason to detach Solars of all things from the Core, especially when they're the focus of the game. There is also no reason to repeat the rules of the Core in the new Exalt books either.

>>52894492

Craft is shit and needs an overhaul in it's entirety, the Charm system itself needs some eratta like any rules tend to after release to close oversights and loopholes.
>>
>>52894314
Kill yourself
>>
>>52894576
Craft is fine. Sure you can't churn out level 5's likes noones business at generation, but only a small ammount of investment gets your there. My craft supernal player was only half craft charms at creation and the only thing holding him back 3 sessions in from making artifacts is the requisite MM.
>>
>>52893140
Another issue is that you don't really need to fight them. If you can summon a second circle demon there was very little it could do to stop you, we had writers saying you could command a demon to kill itself.
>>
>>52894353
>"Where is my revised core pdf with all of the eratta in it to fix any problems"
Never, because it doesn't fucking need it
>>52894422
>M-muh craft
Let me ask you, have you actally spent any amount of significant time playing the game as a craft character?
>>
>>52894038
>there's not really enough of those to go around.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought when a second circle demon was killed by something their third circle soul just made a new one didn't they?
>>
>>52894768
>Craft is fine.
t. Holden
>>
>>52894853
No, I'm forever ST. The only change I made was the charms that give silver xp at the end of story also gave it at the begining of game. My craft player has made significant contributions to each game with crafting and has a clear progress bar on when he can start cranking out artifacts.
>>
>>52894876
I mean in-print. The ones we've got with enough info on to go "what would they be like if we melted them down and made them into a sword?" are really few.
>>
File: JustStop2.png (206KB, 285x323px) Image search: [Google]
JustStop2.png
206KB, 285x323px
>>52894853
>Never, because it doesn't fucking need it
>>
>>52894768
>Sure you can't churn out level 5's likes noones business at generation, but only a small ammount of investment gets your there.
How is that fine, anon?
>>
File: Bernkastel_trollface.png (127KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bernkastel_trollface.png
127KB, 600x600px
>>52894768
>Craft is fine.
>>
File: 1435074000779.jpg (26KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1435074000779.jpg
26KB, 800x600px
>>52895029
>>
>>52895257
Is it the wonderful revolution of all crafting systems Holdork promised? no. Is it usable? Yes.
>>
>>52894853
>Never, because it doesn't fucking need it
Nigger yes it does. Don't be wrong on purpose.
>>
>>52895287
Would it be nice? Yah
Do I want the developers to take time away from other splats to do it? Hell no
>>
>>52895272
FATAL is usable. Craft is usable. Usable does not mean fine.
>>
File: Beatrice_trollface.png (112KB, 499x480px) Image search: [Google]
Beatrice_trollface.png
112KB, 499x480px
>>52895259
>usable
>>
>>52895029
One could not create errata for the core, one would have to recreate whole sections of it. It's not as great a problem as it was in 2e, but there are still sections of the rules that are garbage. Given that charm XP is earned at the rate of four per session and dedicated gamers meet once a week, if that, the charm trees should be trimmed down to about thirty charms each so that you can finish out your supernal tree with some favored and non-favored charms on the side by the time you hit E5. The Wyld-Shaping Technique tree should be part of Craft and replace many of its charms. Sorcerous workings need to be reworked because they're so damn powerful and applicable to everything. Naval combat is pure shit. Sail and Ride simply aren't applicable to enough situations to justify them having their own charm trees.
>>
>>52895342
FUCK.
>>
>>52895048
Not him, but if you're playing a craft focused solar thats what you're supposed to do. I want to wait until we can see the DB craft charm, but I assume this time around the system will actually function the way the fluff made it out to be, namely that crafting artifacts is really hard but exalts of different power levels can do it much easier thanks to their skill.
As opposed to 2e, where it was impossible to fail at crafting an artifact and literally any DB could make the five metal shrike once they were of the right essence. The only thing stopping you was that 4 & 5 dots needed skills at level 7 (a fact added as errata in codex, not actually present in core) and solars happened to have the one singular charm that let them do this before essence 7.
>>
>>52895287
See >>52895259
>>
>>52895348
There is no actual reason you should be expected to eventually get all the Charms of any Ability, though.
>>
>>52895403
Lore: Teaching Tree, Transfering stuff tree, WST tree.
Brawl: Grapple tree, punching tree
Survival: Pet tree, wilderness tree

You finish a tree not an ability
>>
>>52895441
Well, that is something you already can do, so I'm really not seeing the problem here.
>>
>>52895403
Your assertion depends on each part of a charm tree being fully worth purchasing, and in my main example, craft, that isn't the case. It's also not the case with perform or integrity, and as noted before, sail and ride are fucking retarded.
>>
>>52895484
I was agreeing with you.
>>
File: Trollface-Lambdadelta1.png (509KB, 729x828px) Image search: [Google]
Trollface-Lambdadelta1.png
509KB, 729x828px
>>52895722
>Agreeing with people on /exg/
>>
>>52895722
Oh, sorry. I guess I was in the kind of argumentative mindset where I just kind of assumed you were disagreeing with me.
>>
>>52891151
Pretty good, though a couple of these seem a little underwhelming given these were supposed to be Dragon-Blooded who can be an underdog challenge to Solars. Apparently this is gonna be a part 1 of 3, and later parts are gonna talk about how those elemental keywords work.
>>
>>52896223
The Survival one is pretty underwhelming, but the rest seem solid.
>>
>>52896223
>>52896313
Honestly a lot of Solar Charms seem underwhelming in a vacuum without the rest of the set to compare them with.
>>
>>52896223
>>52896313
I'm just going to throw out that I appreciate that this sort of criticism already came up on the forums and, unlike our last dev crew, the developers haven't immediately snatched up their ball and taken it home.
>>
>>52896313
Survival one is really fucking cool, depending on the game and the ST. Being able to simply introduce a fact about your surroundings or nearby terrain can be fucking amazing, especially when you remember that the Wyld exists and has caused all sorts of weird and impossible things to spring into being in Creation.
>>
>>52896470
There's a fair argument to be made that this sort of thing should be a base function of the Survival Ability rather than something that should require a Charm, however.
>>
>>52896527
Introducing Facts is part of the Lore skill, and uses Intelligence + Lore. It's not something that Survival does baseline. So it's not unreasonable that allowing someone to Introduce Facts using a completely different set of Attributes and Abilities (Wits + Survival instead of Intelligence + Lore) would require a Charm.
>>
>>52896673
I think the arguement is, thats only about half a charm worth of power.
>>
>>52896673
Eh. Introducing facts specifically related to survival matters using Survival doesn't seem that unreasonable as a base function of the ability, to me.
>>
>>52896731
To be fair, one of the strongest branches in the Solar Stealth tree starts with "I use Stealth to roll JB".
>>
so if i wanted to start this... maybe hold a one shot i would need to read 3rd ed rulebook ? will i find inside a premade adventure ? or do i need to find one in a different place ?
>>
>>52896731
Half of one Solar Charm worth of power but one full Terrestrial Charm worth of power.
>>
>>52897048
There's a premade adventure, the Tomb of Dreams which was just recently released. It has all of the basic rules, premade characters and a short and dirty adventure to run.
>>
>>52897109
>a DB Charm is half of a Solar's

Disgusting. It should be 10% at best.
>>
>>52896431
>http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/1083449-dragon-blooded-charm-previews?p=1083684#post1083684

Absolutely incredible. Developers actually accepting criticism.
>>
>>52897915

>http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/1083449-dragon-blooded-charm-previews?p=1083684#post1083684

I roll to disbelieve, cause that shit's unprecedented in Exalted.
>>
So, uh, is Exalted good now? Last I heard it was a mish-mash of alright ideas with terrible execution and worse balancing.
>>
>>52896845
Dex+Stealth, and that's because it's combat, where having high DEX is normal.
>>
>>52898262
It's okay. It won't be good until maybe 2025 when all the splats are finally released.
>>
>>52898262
Better balancing now, but you can argue about the execution. The setting is still one of the best in the industry.
>>
>>52898262
It was always good ideas, now the execution is rough rather than terrible and the balancing is at least decent.
>>
>>52898262
Unofficially its been good since the first third edition leak.
>>
I'll be running an all-DB Realm Civil War campaign imminently, where Mnemon will feature as the main antagonist (who woulda guessed?).

I'm anticipating my players attempting to infiltrate one of her compounds at some point. The official forums has some discussion about how a sorcerer-king would protect their palace. I'm asking you today, what fun/interesting/vicious means would The Dragon-Queen Sorceress Espectacular resort to to protect her nests?
>>
>>52898482
Well it depends on how possible you want it to be. As far as sorcery spells go theres only so much you can do, stuff like binding demons to protect an area and so on. The real stuff comes from workings, and those can be all over. To use an example, lets say you put a working on a room that says 'only people I give permission can come in here' or something to that affect. At low levels that could be as simple as the doors remain locked unless a person produces proof of permission, but the doors can be broken into or circumvented in all the normal ways. At high ambition solar tier that might take the form of a metaphysical fact, and no attempts to get inside the room at all produce any results unless you have permission.
>>
>>52898262
not really, no
>>
>>52898262
Exalted is better than it ever has been. Which means it's only ins the middle of the garbage basket instead of on the complete bottom.
>>
>>52898482
Have a room where if you try to exit out the end you instead appear back at the entrance. The room's a nice place for a social gathering, a garden with a fountain, benches, walkway, and statues. To progress you have to change something or move in a certain manner before going through the end. Unfortunately your players will probably figure it out with a fully boosted INT+Lore roll
>>
>>52898262

Rules got much better, fluff got turned into someones homebrew idea of Exalted by adding a bunch of new Exalt types we didn't need.
>>
>>52899155
The vision for the Exalted line has never been better and the new exalts are cool additions.
>>
>>52898685
>>52898877
To clarify, I'm looking for things that stike you as thematically appropriate to Mnemon. Obviously, Demons are bang in the middle of it, but anything alluding to her themes (family, despotism, cult of personality, transgression, lineage as shackles, hoarding of knowledge, and she's probably got more) interests me. For more details, Mnemon's in possession of at least one copy of the Broken Winged Crane and is using them to track the Empress down and end her, all the while attempting to sit on the Scarlet throne.

I like the idea of her having an inescapable personnal diplomatic salon where she locks up with unsuspecting interlocutors (along with her contingent of immaterial Blood Apes) to ensure they don't leave before they've reached an agreement she's content with.

By the by, if you know of ressources (campaign logs, fan write-ups, fiction or whatever) that might help me flesh out my campaign's Mnemon, feel free to shoot.
>>
>>52899201

Just Exigents.
>>
>>52899201

The newer fluff is alright. Not really better or worse than 1E. But the new Exalt types are just shit. We've got Extra Special Snowflakes, Not-Prometheans, and Anti-Sidereals. And they all literally read like someones homebrew wank stain.
>>
>>52899155
"a bunch of new Exalt types we didn't need"
Define "need" in the context of worldbuilding for RPGs, please. From my understanding of it, nothing is needed because fiction can always be reworked to stay internally coherent.

In other words, I agree, Exalted doesn't "need" these new exalts. It also didn't need Mnemon or Chejop Kejak specifically. Those were still cool additions.
>>
>>52899233

Given her past writeups, I'd say temper tantrums and a controlling personality that loses her shit the moment something happens outside of her autistically planned plans would be a norm for her. Also overreaching herself and not knowing her own limits.

Remember, this is the girl who woke up from a bad dream and responded by slashing throats for blood ritual divinations, broke a teachers arm for imagined slights against her, and who pretty much blew up a whole school because she's an obnoxious little cunt.

tl;dr Run her as a cool exterior that runs into a hotbed of full blown crazy the moment something happens thats outside of her comfort zone.
>>
>>52899273
(Samefagging because I just noticed i used stantard format instead of greentext for quoting on 4chan. I think I'm tired, boys.)
>>
>>52899273
>Define "need" in the context of worldbuilding for RPGs, please. From my understanding of it, nothing is needed

Need, as in, added nothing really to the setting that needed to be added, and possibly takes away design space for other Exalt types. We didn't "need" Gods being able to shit out little Exalt's of variable power levels. We didn't "need" Not-Prometheans who possibly enroach upon Abyssal themes when Abyssal themes are already fairly weak as is. We didn't "need" Anti-Sidereals because Lunars exist, and everything outside of Fate exists, and all of the in universe problems exist, to keep Sids busy, etc.
>>
Has anyone ever tought that the role Getiminians have as an antagonist to Sids comes from Ketchup Carjack 2.0 preview and they would fill other roles as well?
>>
>>52894768

Craft is balls. The power tree makes the rest of the charmset redundant (power = unused intervals = loads of craft xp = extra slots). There is no mechanical reason to buy more than about 1/3rd of the Craft charms, and the vast majority of them do nothing thematic that would require their purchase.

The ability to churn out multiple Artifact 5s from near-chargen, with the only constraint being storyteller fiat in terms of access to materials is a flaw, not a virtue.

Nobody's complaining about Craft because its not powerful enough. They're complaining about it because it's a massively complicated system, out of all proportion with it's actual outcomes, that straitjackets you into one true way to play a crafter, and that that it's charm-count is excessive, and poorly thought out.
>>
>>52894853
>Let me ask you, have you actally spent any amount of significant time playing the game as a craft character?

Not that poster, but I STed a supernal crafter from E1 - E4, and I agree that the Craft system is terrible.
>>
>>52895441
>wilderness tree
lel
>>
>>52896313

I liked the Survival one. It's not super-powered, but it's thematic - moreso than most of the Solar pokemon charms.

I think they deliberately avoided stuff like combat charms, which definitely function as part of a whole, and that's where charms that you'd consider "powerful" are most likely to lie.
>>
New thread: >>52899558
>>
>>52896673

The thing is, it's giving you the ability to do what someone with Lore (Wilderness) already could do without a charm - or what you could already do yourself, should have have Lore (Wilderness).
>>
>>52899336
>We didn't "need" Gods being able to shit out little Exalt's of variable power levels.

They can't shit them out. The idea is when there is a crisis or a compelling reason for a God to sacrifice themselves to Exalt someone, they can petition the UCS for the exigency. They're supposed to be pretty rare.

Exigents add cool flavor to the setting, set up precedent for there being exalts who are not automatically considered anathema, and are perfect fits to mixed splat games.

>We didn't "need" Not-Prometheans who possibly enroach upon Abyssal themes when Abyssal themes are already fairly weak as is

The sections on liminals and abyssals in the book are really different, so the fear that they encroach on Abyssal themes is unfounded.

>We didn't "need" Anti-Sidereals because Lunars exist, and everything outside of Fate exists

There is little information on Getimians, but they occupy the space as foils to Sidereals in their job of actually fixing snarls in the loom of fate, which was supposed to be important in previous editions but all you actually got was...dealing with the solars
>>
>>52896845

It's not powerful because it's an ability substitution though. It's powerful because it allows stealth dice trick shenanigans to buff up your Initiative, and because it puts you directly in stealth, which sets you up for Ambush attacks.

If it let didn't substitute the dice pool, but let you use stealth charms instead of awareness to enhance your JB roll, and let you start combat hidden, it'd be just as powerful.
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.