[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My group absolutely hates White Wolf but I want to run a Vampire/Vampire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1478041233053.png (98KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
1478041233053.png
98KB, 500x438px
My group absolutely hates White Wolf but I want to run a Vampire/Vampire hunter campaign. Are there any decent systems out there I could do it with?
>>
Maid RPG.
>>
>>52842709
Gurps could work as well.

Deadlands might be possible for a given amount of vampire.
>>
>>52842709
Well if they don't like WW/OPP then chances are whatever they don't like about it they won't like in whatever other system thats just like it you chose. The closest you could get is probably GURPS if only because you can do anything with that
>>
>>52842709

Monster of the week, monsterhearts, and undying are worth a check.
>>
>>52842709
Why do they hate white wolf? We need more information.
>>
>>52842797
>>52842771

They hate the mechanics of the system itself, rather than the lore. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

>>52842749
My friends have a massive hateboner for GURPS as well.

>>52842793
Thanks! I'll give those a looksee
>>
>>52842709
I took part in a FATE vampire campaign. Was great fun.
>>
>>52843141
Do you know what they hate about the mechanics, specifically? Like, do they not like how crunchy it is, or how it doesn't really have narrative mechanics, or that it's a dice pool, or what?

I throw GURPS, Savage Worlds, and Fate into the ring as options. Shame your group doesn't like GURPS, since it would work very well for a VtM/Hunters campaign.
>>
Not meming here, but GURPS Monster Hunters. It is an out of the box thing, as in everything is set up for you, including character templates, so you don't need to worry about the front loaded thing. I got into it because I was sick of Hunter, and was surprised to find that GURPS just played much better than WoD.

There is also Savage Worlds Rippers. While I haven't tried the actual supplement, the system itself is fine.
>>
>>52843242
One told me that they dislike combat as "each character rolls their dice pools at eachother until one character runs out of life"
>>
Just re-fluff Pathfinder or 5E.
>>
>>52843266
If you want combat with options, Savage Worlds has some of that while being easy to learn and play, while GURPS has shitloads of that at the expense of people becoming paralyzed with options, even just using the basic combat chapter.
>>
>>52843266
That...doesn't really seem coherent. I mean I can't think of any game that doesn't function on 'roll dice at each other until one dies'.
>>
>>52843266
Savage Worlds will be your best bet then. Combat feels way more tactical, especially when you're trying to flank and use distractions and strategies to lower an enemies toughness before going in for a real wound. It's a good fit for a "underpowered humans team-up to outsmart and outfight a more powerful vampire/werewolf"
>>
>>52843307
>>52843363
>>52843254
I'll check Savage Worlds out, since someone is either samefagging hard or y'all have reached a general consensus on that system. Thanks!
>>
>>52842709

Just replace some of the fast intelligent zombie scenarios in All Flesh Must Be Eaten with vampires, you largely just have to tweak fluff rather than mechanics.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.