[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tomorrow is my first game mastering Mutants & Masterminds.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1491082812415.png (642KB, 1012x862px) Image search: [Google]
1491082812415.png
642KB, 1012x862px
Tomorrow is my first game mastering Mutants & Masterminds. My players want to go with villains, and I've some kind of a heist planned (not so much, because well, there is not much to plan and they still have to finish up their sheets, that should take long enough). Nevertheless, I do not know what to expect, I'm kind of afraid of screwing the fun. Do you have any tips for a noob like me?
>>
File: 1351161982513.jpg (78KB, 799x405px) Image search: [Google]
1351161982513.jpg
78KB, 799x405px
>>52840011
What are they looking to do? Get rich? Take over the world? Revenge?

Villains tend to be more proactive than heroes, so they can do the driving, if they know what they're doing.
>>
>>52840120
Yeah, you got each one of them. Should I just let them drive the game, and be the referee?
>>
>>52840393
Well, always have a couple of things in your back pocket in case the players slow down. Also, they might need time to get used to being the bad guys.

Keep throwing things at them to keep them together or dangling plot hooks they'll all go for. "It's not what my character would do" is a big problem in evil campaigns. Money and power are good generic things that people always want.
>>
>>52840491
I have a big bad organization, but I think I migh be forcing them to join it, and it's kinda shitty generic.

Developing it, or different ideas, should be the way to go? Should I focus more on rewards / character development than on concrete encounters?
>>
>>52840120
Wasn't this the comic with Rose and the Black Tarantula, or whatever it was called? I know I've read this physical issue, and it's driving me insane not remembering which story it's from.
>>
>>52840630
Well, villains tend to squirm when they are forced to do anything, but that could make a nice arc as they scheme to break out from under a thumb. I'd definitely say focus on rewards until their characters are fleshed out and they are taking initiative.

Hopefully they play nice out of character to not fall victim to stabbing each other in the back. PVP is the villain way but it makes for a quick end to a campaign.
>>
>>52840816
Gotta try to avoid that last part, especially with one character. So far they are a weird group, but it can live up to expectations. I think the biggest problem will be my creativity, but I'll try to let them build the world more than me I guess.
>>
File: 1352011553575.jpg (61KB, 599x729px) Image search: [Google]
1352011553575.jpg
61KB, 599x729px
>>52841050
Don't be afraid to crib or use archetypes. That will help with a foundation.
>>
File: fight the power.jpg (151KB, 850x637px) Image search: [Google]
fight the power.jpg
151KB, 850x637px
>>52841076
One of the players wants to play a Luigi, resentful towards his brother. The other wants to play Body Snatchers. They did the foundation.
>>
>>52841284
You got Terminal 7 Brain Cancer Luigi
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.