[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://magic.wizards.com/en/product s/iconic-masters Alrigh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: 1354422719699.jpg (39KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
1354422719699.jpg
39KB, 620x400px
http://magic.wizards.com/en/products/iconic-masters

Alright, new Iconic Masters set. Info so far is that it releases November 17th and its 9.99, one foil per pack (Usual masters stuff). Lets get some baseless speculations going
>>
>>52836151
Microsoft man took the dredgepill and is abolishing the list.
>>
>>52836151
Firesale your duals, reserve list is getting torn up by Hasbros new CEO. The set will be the return of keywords everyone talks about but has never actually used like Banding or Epic
>>
>>52836151
Probably just gonna be cool old cards that aren't on the reserve list. Necropotence, Hymn to Tourach, Lightning Bolt, Ball Lightnig, Wrath of God, etc. Also, they will probably use the original art and maybe bring back the old card frame in some capacity.
>>
>>52837031
This wouldn't be as big a deal as people think. The dual lands probably should be reprinted, but it's hard to make a solid case for anything else. The other cards are either too degenerate, weird novelties or unplayable jank. 99% of the reserved list would probably never be reprinted anyway.
>>
>no reserve list cards
>therefore there won't be a reserved list by november
>black man pointing at forehead.jpg
>>
>old cards that are under 10$ get reprinted
>Thu der spirit at common so pauper can get a sweet flyer
>>
>>52836151

>people thinking this is going to have good stuff in it

It is just going to have a bunch of big dumb stuff in it that casuals want reprinted for commander decks or something. It seems they are using iconic in the "iconic creature types" meaning ("Angels, Sphinxes, Demons, Dragons, and Hydras").

Not to mention the artwork is gonna go to shit("Featuring new artwork on many cards"). I can't wait for them to staple some bad fantasy novel tier digital art over what was originally great artwork.
>>
File: Ring of Ma'ruf.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Ring of Ma'ruf.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>52837878
I just want my Ring of Ma'ruf reprint already. It's complete bullshit that a card that's unplayable and unappealing to 99% of players is $40.
>>
Serra Angel
Shivan Dragon
Necropotence as a chase mythic.

My hype is zero.
>>
Iona
Hellkite Tyrant
Are there any other value demons over than Gris?
>>
>>52837031

>reserve list is getting torn up by Hasbros new CEO
>>
The RL is just shitty corporate policy and subject to change at any time. It needs to go. Cards have been removed from the RL before.
>>
>>52836151

Calling it now. New print foil Black Lotus. Same card text.
>>
Mana Drain and Demonic Tutor will be the only mythics worth a shit in this set and lightning bolt will be an uncommon screencap this
>>
>>52837650
Everything is getting new art for this set
>>
>>52837650

If what maro says is true, they basically can't print cards with the old frame anymore.
>>
>>52846036

Yeah because technology is only getting worse, amirite?
>>
>>52846036
>If what maro says is true
>>
>>52837650
the things id do for a modern frame, classic art, Lightning Bolt. At common. Foil.
>>
>>52837650
most of those were just reprinted in EMA, i don't think they will repeat them so soon.

and I think they already issued a statement saying that no, there will not be cards from the reserve list.
>>
File: constanza.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
constanza.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>52836419
>>52837031
> implying

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/855450003631767552

Enjoy your shit reprints.
>>
>>52836151
Draft will be fun, EV of the packs will be shit for the first two weeks. Kithkin emerge as a major tribe, much tot he joy of the silent majority. They print 5 brand new cards, one of which will kill miracles as a deck.
>>
>>52846036
This doesn't even make sense, it's only a case food formatting. Even chinaman produces copies of old cards.

Unless it's a copyright thing, they don't own the design.
>>
They want people to spend £10 a pack completely blind? This tripling the price of their 'masters' boosters is a joke.
>>
oh boy 10usd to open a shivan dragon I am super hyped
>>
>>52853018
>£10 a pack
$9.99 ≠ £10
>>
>>52853592
>He doesn't know
In WotC language, $10 = 10€ = £10
>>
File: FRQPvZNc4G_icon.jpg (192KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
FRQPvZNc4G_icon.jpg
192KB, 768x432px
-Black Lotus
-Ancient Recall
-The Mox Family
-Dual lands
>In the reserve list

-Grizzly Bear
-Serra Angel
-Shivan Dragon
>Can be gotten for free with demo packs or by some cents.

-Tarmogoyf
-Snapcaster Mage
-Kharn
-Avacyn
-Ornithopter
>Already in a very recent batch of booster packs

Is WotC serious? Cards are iconic because they are like an impossible dream to get, blatantly powerful, an eternal format staple OR they settle the very basic benchmark for the powerlevel of future cards (bears, for example), which coincidentially makes them pretty cheap.

At least we will probably get Lightning Bolt, Delver of Secrets at uncommon rarity, I guess?
>>
>>52853592
Clearly you don't know what they charge us over here.
>>
>>52853679
>>52854059
Oh my... I'm sorry... I didn't know.

>>52853935
It's going to be a timmy-bait/EDH set. WotC wants to make EDH players into dopamine addicts like Standard players.
>>
-Serra Angel with Guay art
-Shivan Dragon and Lord of the Pit with Swanland art
-Scaled Wurm with Nielson art
-Literally nobody gives a shit about Sphinxes
>>
>>52854116
Yeah, it's shit :-(
>>
>>52836151
Approximately 20-25 each of angels, sphinxes, demons, dragons, and hydras, but almost all are the monocolored ones (one or two multi stay at rare or as Build ARound Uncommons, otherwise they stay in their current colors). Downshifting of the shittier ones (aka the ones they won't get anything WOW from for reprinting anyways/have already reprinted a bunch), any with actual value stay in mythic of course, rest of the set is stuff that helps them and generic goodstuff (AVR angel stuff, blue gets scrying shit, black gets Kamigawa ogres, red gets various dragon tribal, green gets extra ramp)
You will not see any of those creatures not be in their current colors, so no Fallen Angel or Eternal Dragon or Rock Hydra
Everything is bombs or bomb assistance.
>>
Is there any card that needs reprinting and isn't on the reserve list besides Force of Will?
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 693x935px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 693x935px
>>52843479
>a card that's unplayable

just make a damn proxy for it with updated rules text if you don't need it for sanctioned play anyway. this bitching about reprints makes me real mad, because it is really easy and cheap to do your own proper reprints for casual play if you would do the tiniest bit of research. pic related
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.