[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I only play custom rpgs, with homemade systems, spells, items,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Dogge05.jpg (78KB, 750x655px) Image search: [Google]
Dogge05.jpg
78KB, 750x655px
I only play custom rpgs, with homemade systems, spells, items, lore, etc. I don't like these corporate designed rpgs.

Am I a bad person?
>>
>corporate designed rpgs.

Well, bad person or not, you're immensely ignorant of the nature of the RPG market.
>>
>>52821406
What does something like Engine Heart count as?

>started as homebrew on /tg/
>now sold in stores
>>
>>52822286

The usual?

Seriously. Most RPG's are made by independent creators or small studios. D&D and its offshoots in Pathfinder is basically the only 'corporate designed' RPG.
>>
>>52821387
Me and my group are pretty much the same. We played mostly our home-made games, though we still enjoyed commercial games like Paranoia, CoC, Elric!, Cyberpunk 2020, L5R and Kult.
>>
>>52821387
Tell us about the homebrew RPGs you play. They’re probably just D&D but you use a d12 or some stupid shit like that.
>>
>>52821387
I used to be like that, then I discovered that RPG's can actually be not imbalanced to hell if they're, as you put it, corporate designed.

I still vastly prefer generic systems like FATE to pre-written lore that D&D comes with.
>>
>>52821387
Most RPGs are written by part timers, as a passion project. Almost no publishers have their people on full time. D&D and Pathfinder are the exception.
>>
File: 300px-TombOfHorrors_icecream.jpg (55KB, 300x472px) Image search: [Google]
300px-TombOfHorrors_icecream.jpg
55KB, 300x472px
>>52821387
I imagine you're a complete pain to play with, but I've never met you so i really can't judge.
>>
>>52821387
A lot of "homebrew RPGs" are shit.

Shit math.
Shit content options.
Boring gameplay.

But if it's well designed, I don't care who makes it.
>>
>>52823131
Just because they are D&D even with the d20 for the Epic crit system. Doesn't mean they actually are D&D, since its a home setting, with home abilities, and home classes made up on the spot by the GM.
So not D&D
>>
>>52823513
>original RPG system, donut steel
>>
>>52821387
You are the hipsteriest hipster to ever hip. I tip my fedoraest fedora your way in respect.
>>
>>52823158
Link me to FATE, please.
>>
I only play cageless fair-trade RPGs with grass-fed writers who are paid a living wage.
>>
>>52827277
>grass-fed
Come on, man, 4/20 was yesterday.
>>
>>52827277
Pfft, please. I only play all natural homegrown systems I grow myself with resolution mechanics I invented. I only play this with characters I create from scratch and friends that live in my own head and alone in my apartment.

Players were a mistake.
>>
While I agree that D&D is a shitty system, I don't think that it is right to write off every other system besides the one you make. If you are having fun then there is no issue.
>>
>>52821387
>I don't like these corporate designed rpgs.

Sword Path Glory
Phoenix Command
F.a.t.al.
Rahowar
>>
>>52821387
Bad person, no. Bit of an idiot, yes.

As others have said, aside from D&D and Pathfinder and maybe Shadowrun, most big corporate RPG publishing companies are like 3 guys working out of a shed/office.

But professional game designers such as they are still do a much better job than the majority of homebrew systems I've seen. It's not impossible to make a good homebrew system, but it's harder than people think and most spend a lot of time reinventing the wheel and improving it by making it less round.
>>
Are you having fun?
>>
>>52823131

not him but the one homebrew system I played was nothing like D&D. D100 system, roll under your ability score to succeed, no classes, and instead of making you harder to hit, armor was like extra HP
>>
>>52822286

Shillware.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.