[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ i have a confession i have never played any kind of tabletop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1480908120788.jpg (535KB, 1556x1720px) Image search: [Google]
1480908120788.jpg
535KB, 1556x1720px
/tg/ i have a confession
i have never played any kind of tabletop rpg
i work in hospitality and generally try to have a social life during the few hours i do have off
i lurk here all the time though, its fascinating to me
i don't know what to do, how do i even jump into this?
>>
>>52805772
Try your local LGS, groups will tend to meet up there, let them know you are new and interested, and give them an idea of your play stlye, are you a combat number cruncher, role player, or a mix of both. Also try meet up groups too.
>>
>>52805884
bro i am trying to play at one am on a wednesday
>>
>>52805957
If you live in a big city someone will be there at 1pm
>>
>>52805957
>1AM

I misread. You're going to be required to play online using roll20 probably.
>>
>>52806024
i don't know the first thing about anything though
>>
>>52806325
Just search the available games for games welcoming new players.
>>
>>52806325
Grab dnd 5e and read the books in your downtime, boring days or whatever. Find a group on roll20. If the game dies, but some of the players are okay, ask them if they want to team up and find another group. Eventually you will have a good group and a lot of fun if tabletop stuff is actually your thing.

If you work 7 days a week non-roleplay stuff may be hard. But if you have sundays free I'm sure there's a local club or store where you could play card games or miniature games if that's your thing. I'd suggest playing skirmish games with few models, or smallscale games if you need a lot of models.
>>
>>52805772
Do you have 4 friends? Ask them to be nerds with you.
>>
>>52805772
Are you me? Been lurking for a year or two and am thinking o playing
>>
>>52806580
well most of my friends work real jobs and we usually play flip cup smoke bogies and pass out whenever we hang out, i can't see any of them playing nerd games with me after midnight when i get out. if were lucky ill catch them at the bar before close, that's usually good enough because the bartenders like us enough to stay a lil late
idk maybe ill meet some kitchen bitches or servers that are into it this year but that's a little doubful lol
i feel like i was supposed to get into this in like middle school at summer camp or whatever
>>
>>52806435
every now and then i'll download a bunch of pdfs and scroll through but i'm never sure if I'm supposed to be reading it as a player or if the version i've got is stupid
i just saw that here's some fuckin' dnd, it makes sense i'd gravitate towards something lightweight although I don't know if that makes it harder on the dungeon master or easier
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.