[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some truly Lawful Neutral characters? I feel like it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

What are some truly Lawful Neutral characters? I feel like it's the rarest of the 9 in fiction and games.
>>
File: all hope lost.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
all hope lost.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>52802856
>2017
>Still using alignments
>>
>>52802856
Plenty in ASOIAF, all different from each other.
>King Stannis Baratheon
>Ser Barristan the Bold
>Melisandre
>Randyll Tarly
>>
File: sand king.png (615KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
sand king.png
615KB, 1000x800px
>>
>>52802917
Of all the cancers DnD brought to the hobby as a whole, Alignments are truly one of the worst.
>>
>>52802856
I once played a witch hunter who was true neutral. If he saw a witch, he'd kill a witch. This was, of course, because he had to kill his own wife when his order found out that she was the granddaughter of a powerful Ash Maiden.

Normally witch hunters are reasonable, but, Merrik had killed his own wife, and it would only be fair to the world to show the same mercy to every witch that he had shown the women he loved.
>>
>>52802856
Isn't Leto more true neutral?
>>
Pretty much any character other people would describe as robotic or machine-like is probably Lawful Neutral.
>>
File: judge dredd.jpg (63KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
judge dredd.jpg
63KB, 625x350px
>>52802856
Judge Dredd. He has occasional Good leanings, but he really believes fundamentally in Order untempered by mercy.
Stannis the Mannis (sans kid burning).
Ser Barristan the Bold
Javert (maybe).
Also, I can't remember his name, but there's a character in the movie "13 Assassins" who's basically the bodyguard/right hand man of a totally sadistic Japanese nobleman. When the heroes confront him for the final battle, he rants at them about how the true duty of a Samurai is to serve his lord, not judge him or take the law into his own hands. I thought that was kinda cool, and a neat criticism of the whole concept of samurai loyalty.
>>
>>52803041
I guess so if you take into account the times he goes worm crazy and crushes people in the interest of self preservation.
>>
>>52802856
Not quoting perfectly but,
>Laws change with governments; Cardasian one day, Bajoran the next. But justice is justice.
Odd from DS9, at least in early interpretations.

Death, in the diskworld books, advocates rules and curtesy in so any words, and tries to preserve the balance of the world while staying impartial.

>>52802917
>>52803007
Two kinds of people voice their opinions about alignments. People who stopped their emotional development around the age of 12 and think that there is cosmic, absolute good and evil outside of their game manuals, and people who stopped their emotional development around the age of 12 and think that being adult is pointing out how childish other things are.
>but anon, you're a faggot, objectively wrong, and probably have like three cocks in your mouth right now
Oh anon, don't you think I know that already?
>>
>>52802856
Basically any samurai not of an evil alignment.

Thanks to the strong concept of honor being partially divorced from actual law, even the 47 Ronin and 13 Assassins are Lawful Neutral.
>>
>>52804204
What the fuck is this?
Never post again.
>>
>>52802856
G U L D U R
U
L
D
U
R
>>
>>52804204
>if you dislike something you're childish

i appreciate you're trying to validate yourself but you gotta try harder, bud.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.