[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...Identity Spoofed ...Encryption Keys Generated ...Connecte

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 96

File: Mecha-Jesus.jpg (33KB, 194x159px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha-Jesus.jpg
33KB, 194x159px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to VaticanNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>52750528
>Prayer_Guide.program
>Easter_traditions.sim
>Bar_Mitzwah.knwsft
>Virtual_confession.aro

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 666 (77% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'REPENT SINNERS'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running prayer.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Religious edition
what religion is your runner?
>>
File: CD_Life.jpg (153KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
CD_Life.jpg
153KB, 1425x1425px
>>52785411
>what religion is your runner?

My decker doesn't follow any religion but the Faith of Self. VISUALIZE and ACTUALIZE to REALIZE the TRUTH INSIDE.

I'm spending so much money on these motivational seminars and lectures, and I'm just waiting for the GM to decide whether the leader is a bug spirit or shedim
>>
My face is dangerously Irish, so roman catholic naturally
>>
Does neo anarchism count as religion?
>>
So, I'm going to play a Rigger in an upcoming campaign, what are some suggested drones to bring? So far I'm thinking 3 MCT fly spy drones for recon and 3 MCT Rotordrones for sentry and firesupport, but I'm open for suggestions.
>>
>>52785966
Snag a Lockheed Optic-X2 for sweet stealthy recon. If you've got money leftover, a Transys Steed is sometimes handy for keeping your meatbody mobile when you need to jump in.
>>
>>52785411
Agnostic, but grew up in a catholic household so has a tendency to think 2070's Christian (with all the magic =/= divine and all, the modern accepted standard) whenever it comes to considering the idea or ideals of a god.
>>
File: Drone Copter Skull 2.jpg (138KB, 1280x868px) Image search: [Google]
Drone Copter Skull 2.jpg
138KB, 1280x868px
>>52785966
Flying Eyes are good for inconspicuous legwork, it's not an issue to just have one constantly filming you (and everything around you) all the time. A CU^3 is better, but with the Flying Eye you can get the flashbang one so that if you're discovered you can get your weakass meatsuit back to the car.

A Mini-Zep fills the same role, except you don't have to be present - slap a NERPS logo on the side and it can go anywhere public without attracting attention.
>>
>>52785411
My current runner was philosophically indifferent until he was ridden by the Spirit of Raven, but that's a bit more like an affliction and superpower than a religion.

My previous guy was a sincere worshipper of Vishnu Revealed Through Christ, a pro-magic anti-cyberware cult. He was raised by his grandma to believe that Essence is directly synonymous with the eternal soul, and would be pretty upset by the heretical OP image.
>>
>Religious edition
Reminds me of a character I rolled off of someone's home made cyberpunk character generator. Was a sadistic female priest who used melee weapons and had implants that helped her fight at sanic speeds, her main motivation was to bring down megacorps. Figured it sorta made sense in a corps playing God so shoot up on genemods and fight fire with fire kind of way. Made me and a bunch of others in the thread wanna play a cyberpunk campaign about religious fundamentalism.
>>
File: 1362218902500.jpg (78KB, 635x422px) Image search: [Google]
1362218902500.jpg
78KB, 635x422px
>>52785411
My unarmed adept is a moralfag Catholic, in fact, he's so moralfag Catholic he's part of the Order of St. Sylvester and has Jeanne D'arc as a mentor spirit. Though the GM has been dropping hints she's more than a mere mentor spirit and may actually be the bona fide Saint that was sent down to aid my character and our child runner against a magical BBEG. So it's been breddy cool.
>>
>>52785411
You didn't put Shadowrun in the OP and I had to find the page manually.

>-2/10
>>
>>52786588
>not filtering for srg instead
Get Used WR3
>>
>>52786588
It's okay anon, not everyone put points in computer
>>
>>52786654
sometimes you just roll a glitch
be happy it wasn't a crit glitch
>>
>>52786006
Hmm, an Optic-X2 might be useful, but I guess it is mainly for outdoors use.

>>52786114
Apart from the flashbang thing is there any advantage of using Flying Eyes instead of Fly-spy?

The Mini-Zep seems cool, will have to check if other source books are ok though, as most people will be new.

Also, are there any sensor upgrades that are "must haves" and is it possible to add vision enhancements to drones? And how do autosofts work, do I have to buy autosofts individually for every drone or just for every drone type?
>>
>>52786691
Flying Eyes are a ubiquitous sight in cities because they are small, cheap, and maneuverable.

Fly-spys have realistic features 2, which means that at a glance, it looks like a big bug. However, if someone discovers its actually a surveillance drone, there should be greater concern about what its up to.

I prefer Flying Eyes myself.
>>
>>52785411
>>52785411
She believes in the old greek gods just because it makes people uncomfortable because her race is from a greek myth.
>>
File: Flying Eye.jpg (5KB, 150x149px) Image search: [Google]
Flying Eye.jpg
5KB, 150x149px
>>52786691
A Fly-Spy is in-universe more suspicious. With an Eye you can say you're updating your P2.1 page, with a Fly-Spy crawling around anyone who notices it will notice you're using a drone that has 'Spy' in the name and is designed to be unnoticed.

Autosofts are bought for drone type, if you're running them off your RCC. If you want to install them in each drone, you need to buy them separately. Or, if your GM is not a dick, you can buy it and copy the program over so you don't need to constantly be rebuying Clearsight softs, because rigging is enough of a money sink.

I don't think you can add regular vision enhancements like those for glasses RAW, but I always use the rules for sensor suites on core 445-6 for drone and vehicle sensor suites. Vision Magnification is a must for surveillance drones and sniper drones, ultrasound for seeing through smoke, and the radio signal scanner is surprisingly useful.
>>
File: The_reason_I_do_this_Shit.gif (469KB, 468x257px) Image search: [Google]
The_reason_I_do_this_Shit.gif
469KB, 468x257px
>>52785411

> what religion is your runner?

Pic related.
>>
>>52787144
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8
We go to the same church I guess
>>
Hey tg, what book should i get to better get the megacorps? 4th corporate guide or 5th market panic?
>>
File: Shiawase Logo Redesign.png (152KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Shiawase Logo Redesign.png
152KB, 1200x900px
>>52787573
Market Panic has good info, but assumes you already know about them. Get it and Google.
>>
I'm going through this shadowrun art folder and can someone explain why theres so many catgirls? I play a catgirl in other things but it didnt even occur to me to play one in shadowrun.
>>
>>52787826
Please don't play one in shadowrun. Catgirls are cancer.
>>
>>52787826
because one Chummer posted a lot of them
and because catgirls make things better
>>
>>52787826
>>52787851
>>52787860
Gotcha
I just assumed that all the ladyboy dicks were there because this is /tg/, But is there a story behind those too?
>>
>>52787878
>ladyboy dicks
?????
>>
>>52787878
The art folder is 90% shit. I don't know why it's in the pastebin since half of it is just there because it's his fetish. I deleted fetish-shit, anime-shit, cat girls, dragon girls and memes and it was about 30% of the original size.
>>
>>52787932
I got a folder from this thread with shadowrun art
In it are a few (ive seen two) pictures of ladyboy dicks.
>>
>>52787266
Well, Jesus never saved me from the backseat of a Lonestar patrol. Mr. Credstick on the other hand...

1:0 for Mr. Credstick

>>52787878
> But is there a story behind those too?
/tg/ might be one of the less 4chan-y boards, but it is still 4chan.
>>
>>52787991
Well now that you mention it, my friend Jayseus did save me from the back of a lonestar patrol, But I wouldn't use him to tip a stripper.
>>
>>52785763
If your dm was any good he would make it so all those seminars you go to add up to make a new god
>>
>>52788019

Yeah, my Jewish friends never would borrow me money, too. Cheap assholes.

Now I need a picture of a dwarf pointing to Jesus, while a stripper is asking him for money for a lapdance.
>>
>>52788103
If the GM was any good he'd know that's not how Shadowrun works, on multiple levels.
>>
>>52787991
On that note, anyone know if Frost Giants have started popping up? Cause if so my case for believing in Thor just got undermined.
>>
>>52788296
Well there are giants
and some of them are probably canadian
so i guess?
>>
What are some negative qualities that would be good for roleplaying a character with PTSD?
>>
>>52789152
there is litearlly a ptsd quality
>>
>>52789179
Is it in a splat book? I can't find it in chummer.
>>
>>52789209
Flashbacks is what its called, I just assumed it was PTSD related
>>
>>52789231
Well i was thinking of taking two or three qualities to get a more realistic depiction of PTSD, rather than just seeing 'nam every once in a while.
>>
>>52789289
Flashbacks
Dementia
Paranoia
Reality Impaired
Delusion

just some that sound like they might be what you want without bothering to check them
>>
>>52789317
Thanks omae.
>>
>>52789317
>>52789324
Phobia of something reminiscing them of the event and Poor Self Control could also fit.
>>
If a focus is created by one guy, but bonded by another, does it still have the signature of the creator?
>>
Would you consider "Never kill with magic" a valid code of honor for a magician?
>>
>>52791432
Depends
Are you going to go full anal and not even let people you buff kill with magic?
Theres not much space for pacifists on a shadowrun.
>>
>>52791432
I mean it's not like "use stunbolt always" is that big a deal, but it seems like instead of making more interesting situations for you it could make things less interesting instead.
>>
How would a mild hotsim addiction work? I assume that there should be something more to it rather than just "spend an hour once a month in hotsim", but what should be considered as enough 'excitement' to constitute a dose?
>>
>>52791940
Well as I understand it, hotsim is addictivebecause it's an experience that is more vivid than real life, you just need to spend time in hotsim at a virtual club or something because the experience is the drug, just like BTL's.
>>
File: FK_BRNO_75_FK_caliber_pistol.jpg (212KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
FK_BRNO_75_FK_caliber_pistol.jpg
212KB, 650x488px
>>52785411
Favorite heavy pistol?
>>
File: ss+(2017-04-19+at+10.46.32).jpg (28KB, 305x318px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-04-19+at+10.46.32).jpg
28KB, 305x318px
>>52792228
Ruger Super Warhawk and any variations/refluffs of it. I know the Savalette is considered to be the best heavy pistol, but there's just something so satisfying about a heavy fuckass revolver.
>>
File: 1449556791167.png (108KB, 533x541px) Image search: [Google]
1449556791167.png
108KB, 533x541px
>>52788019
But anon, strippers need Jesus more than money!
>>
>>52792228
Lemat 2072
It's two guns in one, plus it's a revolver
>>
>>52792228
Savalette Guardian. Every time, it's my favourite firearm 60% of the time.
>>
>>52792228
Savalette Guardian, because it looks cool and has a burst feature
>>
>>52792228
Colt Manhunter is good for a 'throwaway' heavy pistol. Being unhackable is useful too.
Savalette guardian if I'm pairing it with a Colt Agent Special light pistol, sharing ammo is crazy useful.
Ruger Super Warhawk if I want to intimidate. Modded with a long barrel, custom look, and a very visible holster.
>>
>>52792228
The Colt Manhunter for being the best semi-automatic non-smartlink pistol.

I guess you could just put a laser sight on a Guardian, but on the other hand shut up.
>>
>>52793812
Cabella's sporting goods sells a .44 caliber modern day reproduction of the lemat. I'm really tempted to buy it.

>>52794576
plug it directly into your goggles
>>
>>52794811
Yeah, I'd bet you like that, wouldn't you DECKER?

I'm pretty sure you have to be Wireless On to get the good Smartlink benenfits anyway. Also I'm trying to imagine connecting a wire between goggles and a pistol in a way that wouldn't be annoying or stupid or dangerous and I'm pretty much stumped.
>>
>>52795067
>way that wouldn't be annoying or stupid
run it down your sleeve with magnetic connecting tips.

or just say fuck it and get an internal router or some shit, I don't fucking know anymore.
>>
>>52795067
Gun plugs into wrist, goggles plug into face. Wires are inside.
>>
File: mai pistolfu.jpg (25KB, 600x394px) Image search: [Google]
mai pistolfu.jpg
25KB, 600x394px
>>52795101
>run it down your sleeve

That's actually a pretty good idea and I'm mad I didn't think of it, especially since that's how they hid the cord to the power source for the Terminator's laser sight.

>>52795120
I'm an Adept, but that's also good.
>>
>>52795191
I like that you know that movie fun fact

fun facts are fun

run a data jack in your hand and just plug into the gun.
>>
>>52795236
>run a data jack in your hand and just plug into the gun.
I don't like how 5e datajacks have no capacity score or clear mention of placement in eyes, hands, etc.
>>
>>52795381
you have a USB in ur head...but yeah i understand that totally

>turbo bunny from 4e
>5 data jacks
>2 behind each ear
>1 concealed as her belly button
>control rig ontop of that

her head must be full of wiring as she's also a BTL junkie
>>
>>52795636
That's a bit of fluff I miss from old Shadowrun, actually. The positioning of your datajacks used to mean a lot more than it does now; 'jack in the wrist tended to mean you needed it to interact with things you were holding, a 'jack in your lower spine was for rigging, a 'jack in the temple was for deckers and sararimen, etc.
>>
>>52795680
I just threw my dude's datajack into his head on the left side behind/slightly above his left ear and he's an assassin ghoul
>>
>>52792488 yeah I'll take my warhawk over the salvalette purely for that intimidation/chromey factor.
>>
>>52792228
Browning Ultra-Power

I might be a bit biased as I used to own a Browning Hi-Power.
>>
File: Wick.pdf (112KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Wick.pdf
112KB, 1x1px
I have a game I am supposed to run and I had to sit down yesterday with the last player to make his character. This is what he wanted to play after I walked him through character generation, and this is the teams only hacker. This is also for a group of players who with one exception, are all new to shadowrun.

They're fucked aren't they?
>>
>>52795756
How's playing a ghoul actually going for you? I've always wanted to, but the general climate here is that it's a tremendously bad idea.
>>
>>52796082
NTG, but I'd say the climate here is less relevant than the one at the table. If they're cool with it, rather than 'shoot first, ask questions never' ... go for it.

After all, people here vary, and full grognardia is never far away.
>>
File: 00939d0da14d885b9e48560b64283c33.jpg (352KB, 778x1100px) Image search: [Google]
00939d0da14d885b9e48560b64283c33.jpg
352KB, 778x1100px
>Religious edition
>>
>>52796082
As always, you should talk with GM beforehand. The problem with ghouls and the other infected is that it quickly can become the adventures of Ghould and friends. Also, everybody has to justify trusting a ghoul with anything.
>>
>>52796082
wear a mask/breather all the time and keep gloves in the pocket and no one will notice. Don't reveal you're a ghoul until you've helped the NPC out and already come off as friendly. Other acts of merit also help concrete the notion that Ghoul is actually not a monster.

Hell, anyone with assensing could also tell my dude is a ghoul, but also that he has no violent emotions. Also a corpse legger for food, so he's not starving or anything.

>nightjob
>get the call from the fixer
>some one killed 4 people
>need the bodies gone pronto
>Ghoul gets there as fast as possible
>loads bodies into the van
>takes bodies to other ghouls who cut a 2kg chunk of meat from each body as payment
>has a fridge loaded with ziplock baggies of raw meat

Read about hannebelle and how she's a fixer that's extremely good at integrating infected into groups of runners. Basically starts with merit introducing the runner, group gets psyched and then they just don't care that they are infected.

There is a lot of fun things to RP too during downtime stuff. The RP log is at about a hundred and sixty pages and I intend to upload it onto 1d4chan some time when I actually bother to figure out how to do it.

My guy has been a ghoul for 8 years
>self isolation from family
>hasn't been laid in 3 years because of lack of hot ghoul chicks and not wanting to accidentally infect anyone
>accidentally scratches his own shit all the time
>has a ton of little scars from accidental scratches
>night job's actions in getting the bodies and how they were found/removed
>taking a shit while having an entirely meat based diet it was pretty funny
>antics with roommates and hellhound puppy
>antics with neighbors
>antics with astral vision, super smell/hearing
>matrix antics

>>52796201
A couple of the players were sort of wary with the whole physical contact thing. A few of them were actually Ghoul's roommate in his large low lifestyle apartment so they didn't mind him.
>>
>>52785411
>Religious edition
Capitalist
>>
>>52796468
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDcYhwjHzZE

>Capitalist

The most barbaric of all religions.
>>
File: sRonthejob.jpg (437KB, 1100x770px) Image search: [Google]
sRonthejob.jpg
437KB, 1100x770px
>>52785411
My most recent character was Episcopalian by default, but hadn't been to church in a long, long time, like since he was a kid. His dad was a cop, graduated from the last class ever to go through the RCMP academy, and the breakup of Canada, union with the US, and general corporatization of everything hit the old man pretty hard. His mom was an elf, and she worked for Ares at the time. She was big into the traditions of Tir na Nog, and had little tolerance for Christian dogma. She took off chasing her career, leaving her ex-husband to drink himself to death while working for KE, and would occasionally show up to give her son grief for not being elven enough. It's hard to keep up with the whole trees and mana thing when you're a Firewatch doom cyborg, though.
Suffice to say, my elf street sam did not think much about religion.
I did have a character who was ex-Mossad, but he was a secular Jew, so I dunno if that counts.
>>
>>52795756
>>52796082
>>52796201
>>52796314
>>52796366
How do you even play a ghoul? Doesn't the Reduced Senses (Blind) weakness pretty much make you worthless?
>>
>>52796891
cyber eyes. Almost every ghoul in shadowrun that's mentioned by name has cybereyes.

Even without cybereyes there is a shit ton of options. Astral vision, enhanced smelling/hearing alone would let you find a person, avoid running into objects and generally get by.

the ghoul nation in africa has apparently the best matrix access and everyone can get by using only AR alone.
>>
>>52796891
Cybereyes.
>>
>>52796948
>>52796958
So you'd just need to get some cybereyes then pay the 10 karma to buy off the trait?
>>
>>52796970
don't even need to buy it off, you're surgically fixing the issue
>>
File: f9d33670fbe9e73b2a69cc84ed4cd853.jpg (188KB, 1050x1500px) Image search: [Google]
f9d33670fbe9e73b2a69cc84ed4cd853.jpg
188KB, 1050x1500px
>>52785411
I had a adept infiltrator type whose father was the preacher at one of the few protestant churches open to the public and not burned down by street punks.

She was a nice shy girl by day. Dressed conservatively, read the bible, gave food to the homeless, washed graffiti off the walls.
During runs she acted out some of her perverted fantasies, her chameleon suit looked like a fetish version of a habit, thighboots/armgloves, Cross necklace which was her focus, the whole nine yards. Someone joked that her nickname should be "Slutty Mary".

I wasn't a very good Christian.

At one point I got caught by a camera and the police started circling the image around on the media (Thankfully I wore a mask). However during a dinner with the family and friends (one of the other players along with assorted NPCs), the whole "Slutty Mary" thing came up and Papa Preacher went into a rant about how he didn't care about the crime committed but the fetishistic view of the faith was unacceptable.

Needless to say things got awkward. Especially the part about how he went on about how her parents are terrible people for having raised such a debased person.
>>
>>52796999
From the Reduced Senses description:
>If the sense is ever repaired or corrected permanently, the quality must be bought off. If the character does
>not have enough Karma to buy off the quality, the intended repair cannot be made.

Wouldn't that apply?
>>
>>52797059
just stahp its not worth the effort to think through this blunder of CGL logic
>>
>>52797059
>>52797105
You're looking at the *Negative Quality*, not the *Critter Weakness*.
>>
>>52797139
uhhh >>52797105 is me >>52796366

i'm actually extremely tired from work and his phrasing confused me to the point of "fuck it"
>>
>>52797139
Ah, I see. Thanks
>>
>>52785411
catholic
patron saint is Saint Nicholas aka Santa Claus
>patron saint of children and thieves
>patron saint of shadowrunners
>>
>>52785411
The one runner I have made to date was an unregistered Catholic human mage whose tradition was christian theurgy.

He was always concerned the Order of St. Sylvester would approach him and ask about his running. He was not the most pious person and was fascinated with spirits who he thought were just another one of God's creations a view which he was well aware may get him branded a heretic due to Christianity's uneasiness with spirits.
>>
Awakened Doctor that's a Christian Theurge, Protestant in the Methodist faith.

He's basically a disgraced doctor who was framed for something he didn't commit in the workplace, following the path of the Prophet Jesus Christ in aiding his fellow man and healing the poor and desperate, giving them hope. He runs primarily to fuel a clinic just for that specific purpose. He makes the rich pay for his services however. They can afford it.

There was also a point where the faint whisper of a Toxic spirit tried to influence him,
and he ran away from that HARD, fearing what he might become if he gave into despair.

Also, his summons are basically titty angels with some Shin Megumi Tensei influences with modern clothing styles. No real known names,
but one of them is named Sariel, for instance.
>>
Can someone post that group edit of the black shadowrun character that everyone had a hand in?
>>
File: Marshall_Menace.jpg (973KB, 1084x827px) Image search: [Google]
Marshall_Menace.jpg
973KB, 1084x827px
>>52797278
Pretty sure there's a more fucked up version out there too.
>>
File: md50.jpg (18KB, 700x249px) Image search: [Google]
md50.jpg
18KB, 700x249px
How do we fix assault cannons?
>>
>>52797464
Allow them to fire the wide plethora of Ammo types that other firearms have access to. Its also a shame there isn't a 12F Assault Cannon so you can get a taste of the 40mm tank round life at chargen.
>>
>>52797464
Damage soak requires two hits to negate 1DV.
>>
>>52797318
>not posting the album cover
Hottest unsigned artist on the scene right now, chummer.
>>
This thread needs more cute girls
Post art of cute runners
>>
>>52797576
I don't know why the authors hate heavy weapons so much. It makes sense sometimes why certain guns are above 12, but if you want to be the heavy your options at chargen are very limited.
>>
>>52792228
Ruger Thunderbolt.

Sad that it didn't make it into 5E
>>
>>52798792
>>
Do 5e cybereyes and ears look natural or are they clearly cyberware?
>>
>>52797157
>>52797186
On the list of other necessary updates people are oblivious to regarding ghouls; the Sapience power has officially been errata'd out.

Previously, RAW AF, a ghoul PC would lose the Sapience power if their Magic ever dropped to 0.

>Should their Magic Rating ever be reduced to 0, either temporarily or permanently, they lose the use of any of their powers except for Armor, any Enhanced Senses, and Natural Weapons.
>>
>>52799284
mostly natural but you can see they're cyber up close
>>
>>52799284
>Cybereyes are available in any shape or color, from “almost natural” to all chrome to solid glowing purple and everything in between.
No rules for picking out fake cybereyes. So natural enough. If you want.
>>
>>52799284
Ide say it depends on your fluff
Did you get them from some scummy black market dealer or a professional place?
Did you pay for fancy ones or just take what they gave you? etc
>>
File: 477096.jpg (685KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
477096.jpg
685KB, 1440x900px
>>52798792
>>
>>52798792
>>
File: 585191.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
585191.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>52798792
>>
>>52798792
>>
>>52798792
>>
>>52798792
>>
File: die_by_sanchiko-d3a03co.jpg (81KB, 900x554px) Image search: [Google]
die_by_sanchiko-d3a03co.jpg
81KB, 900x554px
>>52798792
>>
File: tian_gb_by_ae_rie-d7hlls6.png.jpg (51KB, 673x1185px) Image search: [Google]
tian_gb_by_ae_rie-d7hlls6.png.jpg
51KB, 673x1185px
>>52798792
I think this ones more corp than runner
>>
>>52800238
Well, sometimes you have to meet Mr Johnson at a place that looks down the nose at armoured coats and "handbags" large enough to carry assault rifles.
>>
>>52800288
Yeah but shes not packing anything bigger than a knife or MAYBE a holdout pistol, Reminds me more of a Mrs Johnson than a runner.
>>
>>52800302
>implying legs that nice aren't ware
she's probably got a couple of canons in those things.
>>
>>52795101
To get the full Smartlink bonus it needs to be run with wireless on (so it can connect to the Matrix for bullshit reasons). An internal router won't help unless you decide to give up those extra dice, and at that point you may as well use a laser/holo sight.
>>
File: 1408390687973.jpg (97KB, 607x862px) Image search: [Google]
1408390687973.jpg
97KB, 607x862px
>>52800238
>>
File: 1afb3b62a11e66a983ed887f07b27dff.jpg (154KB, 1200x1486px) Image search: [Google]
1afb3b62a11e66a983ed887f07b27dff.jpg
154KB, 1200x1486px
>>52798792
>>
File: ea2c3cc7d1c35f202f5560a6c749e339.jpg (205KB, 1086x900px) Image search: [Google]
ea2c3cc7d1c35f202f5560a6c749e339.jpg
205KB, 1086x900px
>>52800807
>>
>>52800821
>>
File: d9392f79fce9efb159814db005fe842e.jpg (408KB, 992x1600px) Image search: [Google]
d9392f79fce9efb159814db005fe842e.jpg
408KB, 992x1600px
>>52800828
>>
File: shadowrun_flight_officer.jpg (335KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun_flight_officer.jpg
335KB, 1280x1920px
>>52800841
>>
>>52800887
>>
File: 1488837745117.jpg (33KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1488837745117.jpg
33KB, 500x667px
>>52798792
>>
File: 1489367871727.jpg (121KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489367871727.jpg
121KB, 707x1000px
>>52800979
>>
File: 1489132689669.jpg (220KB, 941x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1489132689669.jpg
220KB, 941x1600px
>>52801077
>tfw your mentor spirit is in fact toxic
>>
>>52798792
>>
>Please note, until a new SRM Developer is designated and determines how they are going to handle the SRM FAQ, I'm going to lock this thread. The current SRM FAQ Committee is considered "disbanded" for now.
>>
>>52801418
what happened?
>>
File: ATECMinGyuLee.jpg (448KB, 1756x2048px) Image search: [Google]
ATECMinGyuLee.jpg
448KB, 1756x2048px
>>52801449
>Some news to share with y'all: on 22 March, I (Ray Rigel), submitted my resignation letter to Catalyst Game Labs for both my positions (Event Coordinator and Shadowrun Missions Developer). My last day working for CGL will be 5 April.
>So there are no rumors associated with my resignation: I did so purely because I received and accepted a job offer which provides better opportunities. There is no animosity between CGL and myself and I will continue supporting the CDT and Shadowrun community by running Events as an Agent (back to my roots) and running my home game.
>CGL is working on finding replacements for my positions, so I hope to be able to announce their names before my last day.
>It has been a pleasure and honor serving the community in those positions. I want to thank the fans for helping make both positions such a pleasure.
>In case you're wondering, yes, there are plenty of Missions in the pipeline nearly ready to be released (just waiting on art), so you should see a steady stream of them over the next few months.
>>
File: 1430161733729.jpg (40KB, 364x800px) Image search: [Google]
1430161733729.jpg
40KB, 364x800px
>>52798792
>>
>>52800821
Holy crap, that 'flying bike' design is so retarded it becomes lovable in a so-bad-it's-actually-good kind of way.
>>
>>52786114
The more I think about it the more I want a Mini-Zep with concealed weapon bays able to drop a pair of non-lethal grenades for the ability to create a quick diversion in public spaces.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1280x984px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1280x984px
>>
File: file.png (209KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
209KB, 700x1000px
>>
File: file.png (905KB, 900x1319px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
905KB, 900x1319px
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 720x1018px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 720x1018px
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1280x1810px
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1280x1673px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1280x1673px
>>
>>52786654
Who needs computers when I have my skills that I learned in the mountains.
>>
>>52802957
Who needs Unarmed when you have a smartlinked assault cannon?
>>
>>52802998
>Smart linked assault cannon

Batman would approve. And put several on the bat Mobile.
>>
>>52799284
In the fluff, they mention that a certain Betaware brand of Cybereyes are completely natural looking. I imagine that if your Cybereyes are going for the natural look, that the higher grade the more natural looking, with Betware and above being fully natural looking.
>>
>>52803060
This. The higher the quality is you can either make it look more expensive, or more realistic. If not then cyberware scanners wouldn't find it harder to find external ware the higher grade it is.
>>
What's the biggest weapon that can be built into an otherwise inconspicuous cyberarm?
Assuming it's for someone human/elf size
>>
>>52803764
Whats the biggest cyber implant weapon you can have implanted thats not the extreme cyberweapon? That.
>>
>>52803764
Grenade launcher. Barring that a shotgun or flamethrower.
>>
Next session I plan to slap as much armour as I can on Ares Roadmaster and frontal assault Vory base. Maybe even put ram plate on it and ram anything that gets in my way for 36 DV,
Bad Idea or Good Idea for distraction?
>>
>>52805175
Good idea, as long as you know for sure the Vory don't have some grenades, AV rockets, or a few assault cannons handy.
>>
Hey anons. I've got a campaign I'm cooking up. The players are unwitting participants in a blood magic ritual to grant a powerful spirit a well-preserved 4000-year-old body as a vessel and it begins granting lesser spirits vessels in the form of the statues of guards that have been kept in its crypt. Cue DnD style lich king bbeg.

Can spirits summon other spirits?
Is it unreasonable to have an ancient monarch's soul become a spirit due to how long he's been worshipped?
Would the powers that be simply nuke this from orbit?
>>
>>52805350
Spirits don't summon other spirits. Now, that said, some either come with other spirits or have other ways of bringing over more of their kind.

By technicality, unless the guy found some way of directly becoming a spirit, it's probably not the guy's soul.

And yeah. Anyone find out about large scale blood magic that's not backed by one of the blood magic powers that be is going to be getting it from just about all sides.(Obviously, one of the big blood powers will mean that it's still going to be attacked, just slightly less so.)
>>
>>52805391
How would a spirit bring over more of their kind? Just have a few hundred prepared vessels lying around and call its spirit friends into them?
>>
>>52805350
Spirits can't summon other spirits, but they can open a door into the Astral planes to allow other spirits in. Not sure how its done, but its been mentioned before in fluff. Insect spirits can also bring other spirits over, but I don't recall the process.

Its unknown whether the dead actually become spirits, but its considered unlikely. At the very least, the spirit will think its the dead spirit of Augustus.
>>
>>52805474
It depends on the kind of spirit.

Like >>52805485 said, Insect Spirits have the ability to connect to their home plane and bring more over. (This and being able to pull the astral into the physical are why Bugs are so dangerous.)

The Wild Hunt, IIRC, just shows up with several hunter spirits whenever it gets called.

And it depends on the how and why of the spirit. Bugs don't bring large numbers over unless there are preparations to let each one brought over inhabit a body because they fade quick without a host.

The Wild Hunt, to use my other example, only brings so many spirits out of a sense of fairness.

So for your King/Emperor Spirit, I'd say the likely limitation is that it has to do some kind of preparation and sacrifice to bring its court over, and then needs to keep everyone fed.
>>
>>52805485
>>52805696
Thanks so much for the help, guys. Gives a nice motivation for them to need 'tribute.'

GM fiat says great men become spirits when they die because muh plot.
>>
>>52801086
I dunno, he might just be an asshole.
>>
>>52798792
>>
File: marta-dettlaff-baw-ukryty.jpg (192KB, 1331x900px) Image search: [Google]
marta-dettlaff-baw-ukryty.jpg
192KB, 1331x900px
Did the Infected exist in the Fourth World? I kinda want to have a Nosferatu that somehow survived since then as a character in my upcoming campaign.
>>
File: DarkFeels.jpg (255KB, 1280x1122px) Image search: [Google]
DarkFeels.jpg
255KB, 1280x1122px
>ywn get snu snu'd by tough ork razor girl
>>
>>52806433
HMHVV pre-dates the 5th world, so yes. It only expresses in a magic-rich environment (or mana spikes), but I imagine a powerful vampire mage could have found a way to survive until the 6th world. Maybe by laying dorment in their own private Kaer or similar.

Now that Earthdawn is no longer canon you don't have to worry about being a Horror's pet either.
>>
>>52806433
MAKE HIM IGNORANT ABOUT EVERYTHING
>>
>>52807720
Wouldn't be incredibly knowledgeable though? Since he lived through the fifth world. Or are you thinking he was asleep vampire style for thousands of years?
>>
>>52785411
"come with me if you want to be saved"
>>
>>52807869
"I'll be back... from the dead!"
>>
>>52807720
Terrified of horseless carriages, thinks the matrix is ensnaring spirits somehow, and always uses slang incorrectly. Grumpy granddad nosferatu who just wishes everything was like the good ol' nights.
>>
>>52807894
to the devil after 40 days
"hasta la vista"
>>
>>52807518
Excellent. I'm not sure the exact how of his survival would take place, but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't completely outside of possibility.

>>52807720
>>52807867
>>52807912
That was part of the idea. The PCs would "discover" him, and he'd press them into helping him adapt to the new world in return for some favors/not killing them.

They either find him by accidentally cracking open his sarcophagus which is currently in some corp bigwigs private collection or breaking into the basement he's lying dormant in. He'll have some knowledge, but everything at least two hundred years out of date. So they'll have to help him figure out his PC and what the fuck an automatic weapon is.
>>
>>52808090
"Servant, this 'Matrix' confounds me! I demand an explanation as to why all these individuals are named 'anon'. Also, why are they all 'fags'?"
>>
/tg/ turning role playing opportunity into tasteless joke since forever
>>
>>52808277
"Look here! This one proclaims that 'elves are made for rape.' It is reassuring to see that some things never change."
>>
>>52808442
You're welcome, anon.
>>
File: 2.png (118KB, 253x464px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
118KB, 253x464px
>>52808090
>Peter is 8000 years old, he's not coming on the run.
>>
So me and my buddies were all set to play a game, super excited, spent about three days straight chatting over discord about the ten zillion chargen options, and suddenly the GM drops out. legit reasons, but still ultra disappointing. Anyone on here running/looking to run with a few extra players? We're not the newest of the new but definitely not rules-autistic about the whole game, and willing to learn and roll up whatever fits the game.
>>
>>52800288
>tfw your employer is a member of the party
>tfw you helped found his PMC
>tfw you helped him liberate several African diamond mines for his own use
>tfw became a corporation

Now runners are coming after us, weird turn on it.
>>
>>52809324
Finding willing SR GMs is like searching for ice cubes in the desert, sure you might at some point find one, but don't put your money on it
Either you wait until you find a new GM (unlikely) or one of you takes over and learns it (likelier)
>>
>>52809395
I thought as much, to be honest. Quite disappointing; I'm not willing to GM as I'm already running one-and-a-half other games, and another one of the players is in a work situation where he barely has time to play, let alone GM.
>>
>>52809416
>and-a-half
????
do you only use the even numbered pages in a rule book?
>>
>>52809752
hah. No, I'm running one original adventure that needs everything statting up and balancing, and one premade adventure that only requires a little setup time with importing everything into roll20. It's for some people I'm introducing to RPGs.
>>
>>52803060
>>52803388
Hrm which mean I can't get it a character creation. I'll have to talk with the GM. Thanks guys!
>>
>>52809996
Honestly, cybereyes are common enough that even an obviously artificial pair aren't going to get any comment unless you're doing the equivalent of having a swastika pattern in the Jewish Community Center.

So go loud or go subtle, they're not one of the things that have (much) trade off for being subtle.
>>
>Look up cybereye prices to maybe advise him to get them in game
>Cybereyes R1 Standard cost 4000 nuYen
WHAT
THE
FUCK?
I knew cyberware was overpriced, but not this much
is this an error? Is there errata for this?
Because I am EXTREMELY sure that fluff wise everyone and their dog has cybereyes
And I can't imagine that when getting cybereyes costs as much as two months of a low lifestyle
Holy hell
>>
>>52810352
Payment plans, omae.

If you're working at least at the wageslave level, you're probably at a place that will offer you standard grade on a payment plan that won't ruin you any more than the company store probably already is.

And you may be getting payed in corp scrip, which will probably give a discount to keep you in company everywhere.
>>
File: 1489533115338.png (332KB, 554x584px) Image search: [Google]
1489533115338.png
332KB, 554x584px
>>52807451
>ywn be a tough ork razor girl
>>
>>52810281
Short of the "solid purple glow" style of cybereyes, right on.
>>
>>52810352
What the other anon said, Payment plan, or a loan.
200 a month for two years is a lot easier than 4000 right now
>>
>>52810469
maybe, but I remember that you could just go to the mall during your lunch break and get yourself some cybereyes
I simply can't see how you'd pay 4000 fucking nuYen for that little bonus (not needing to spend too much essence)
Even 1000 nuYen I can understand, but not 4000

>>52810502
>having to pay off your cybereyes for TWO YEARS
wat
>>
>>52810527
You realize that shadowrunners and security and s tuff are the exception to the rule right? Everyone else probably does a lot of payment plans for their wares. If its not part of your job (so that your boss pays you to get it) you probably pay it off over a long period of time.
>>
>>52810502
>>52810352
To add on to my thoughts.

Considering that plenty of places give parents tax breaks and fiscal incentives for giving a two year old a datajack, it's possible that the company will do a mix of payment plans, incentives, and deferring debt payments while the parents/kid are working for the company.

That way they can not only sell several pairs of eyes but also recoup the incentives and get a big debt to hold over the family if anyone thinks of leaving the company's folds.

A smaller company might be a little less scummy on that last end, but only because they don't have citizens yet and it makes it too easy for bigger corps to poach somebody important (or just to stick it to the corp).
>>
>>52796045
Doesn't look to bad to me, technos should be using sprites for most things, and they have puppeteer and a couple other good complex forms. All depends on if they play the character smart.

That being said, I don't like first time players fucking with technomancers, because you quickly get locked into a build if you don't know the rules well
>>
>>52810352
>>52810469
>>52810502
More than just payment plans; 4000¥ is the Seattle Black Market nuyen price.
>>
>>52810630
Nobody ever said life was easy chummer
>>
>>52810555
first: nice trips
second: That mall thing? That was supposed to be normal people, just getting some cybereyes

>>52810566
maybe, and I could see that with stuff like cyberlimbs and big implants
but I can't imagine cybereyes, basic cybereyes with no further mods at all, and at standard quality, costing almost as much as an implanted grapple gun

I have to admit, I GM 4e, where cybereyes cost 500 nuYen, so that's that. But should I GM 5e I'll definitely reduce the cyberware costs
>>
>>52810574
It's been almost a day, techno Anon hasn't posted the forum link yet. I'm getting worried.
>>
>>52810663
They can get them
They just have to pay for them over time unless they can afford the big drop.
4e seems better in that regard for sure
>>
>>52810676
Don't worry

>>52810574
>technomancers
http://shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
Every time, until you like it
>>
File: 1487734893243.jpg (84KB, 425x624px) Image search: [Google]
1487734893243.jpg
84KB, 425x624px
>>52810676
Explain further.
>>
>>52810352
Also, all the prices you see are for the black market, not on the shelf. Black market stuff comes with the nice bonus of not being tagged and not connected to a SIN when purchased, but some stuff gets a little harder.

Execs don't need to contact a friend of a friend to buy a fancy car, they stroll right into the dealership. Runners gonna make that 18 or whatever availability check
>>
File: 1486773958531.jpg (33KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
1486773958531.jpg
33KB, 620x349px
>>52810696
Oh it's you.
>>
>>52810663
4e was a bit down from 3e, where depending on what you wanted in your cybereye it was at least 5k.

11k if you wanted what is in the Cybereyes Basic in the 5e core, and at that point you have run out of 3e capacity (effectively) and have to pay more essence for other enhancements.

On the third hand, A resources in 3e gave you a mil, which is almost twice A in 5e.
>>
>>52800302
>Mrs
>>
>>52810929
Why not? Women need to hire shadowrunners as much as men.
Or do you think theres a guy in the phonebook thats a professional mr johsnon that handles all of that for them?
>>
>>52810658
What does that have to do with a kettle of fish?

Point is, SBMP is one thing. What wageslaves pay in corpscrip, debt, and employment is another.
>>
>>52810941
I think he wants to point out that Mrs is for married women
>>
>>52810941
>>52810985
I think anon's referring to the idea that EVERY employer is anonymously a "Mr. Johnson", and the name isn't explicitly gendered for the purpose of anonymity.

Honestly though, just as a turn of phrase, it's fine.
>>
>>52810995
I don't think my shadow runners could call a woman wearing that outfit Mr Johnson with a straight face.
>>
>>52811010
It's more of a code name to refer to the employer outside of dealings with them. "My Johnson's got me running intel against some fucking Yakuza-front hotel.", "Mr. Johnson told us to avoid casualties; your people will be safe", etc.

It's less of a title, and more of a slang/code word. Saying it to an employer's face would probably result in confusion unless the person is well-versed in Runner culture.
>>
>>52811052
>Saying it to an employer's face would probably result in confusion unless the person is well-versed in Runner culture.
I've never gotten that impression. Like, even normies know who Mr. Johnson is because of movies that dramatize life in the shadows and what Shadowrunners do. Or at least that's what I get from it.
>>
>>52811052
>Not setting out to make every Johnson uncomfortable and confused
>>
>>52811010
>Slut shaming in 207X
>>
>>52811103
>>
>>52810474
omae
>>
I actually think that female employees do use Ms. Johnson rather than Mr in most cases. I know the name used changes based on location.

So, for instance, in Japan it's just Tanaka-san no matter what the gender is.
>>
File: 1479747816745.jpg (138KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479747816745.jpg
138KB, 819x1024px
>>52811184
Go on.
>>
>>52811341
URL in the last image. Doesn't post a lot of actual Shadowrun these days though.
>>
File: 4990f478f5a70c9a508420c143ed146e.jpg (142KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4990f478f5a70c9a508420c143ed146e.jpg
142KB, 1200x1200px
>>52811412
>>
File: 1479749476070.jpg (101KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479749476070.jpg
101KB, 819x1024px
>>52811412
That's a shame. I love me some tuskergirls.
>>
>>52810474
You could be, for a mere 30,000 nuyen.
>>
What are some good ways to deal with a party full of optimised bricks? I hate how my party can just smash through everything and destroy anything i throw at them easily. It's not fun for them now or me any more.
>>
>>52813233
Stop making Shadowrun into D&D. Give them social situations, make them do the legwork. The game is not designed to be run as a dungeon crawl.

Throw them into a high class party with security discreetly watching, and watch them sweat.
>>
>>52813233
Send them on runs that prey on their weaknesses. If they are combat monsters, send them on runs that require diplomacy, stealth, and finesse. Give them good reasons not to go full auto on anything in a room. Furthermore, punish their antics with consequences. Not "punish" in a way that is unfun or bullying the players of course. But rather send in the Cyberpsychos, Fox Unit, Rainbow Six squads, and the goddamn Power Rangers to make sure they pay for the havoc they cause and the people they hurt.
>>
>>52813233
This is Shadowrun. The players are never so big that there isn't something in setting that could wipe them off the face of the planet if given the motive.

With that out of the way; talk to the group. If they're truly bored of being hyper optimised murder cubes then wrap up the story and give them a chance to start over with more nuanced characters. If you can't wrap up the story cleanly, then it's still giving you a reason to play, or your characters are such potatoes that it really doesn't matter how you end.
>>
>>52813233
Can you show me their sheets?
>>
File: SRCorpSechand.jpg (125KB, 912x927px) Image search: [Google]
SRCorpSechand.jpg
125KB, 912x927px
>>52813233
I'd like a little more intel on these "optimised bricks." Are we talking cybered up tanks, high-initiate grade adepts, or drek-hot deckers? Are they a well-oiled machine team, or a group of powerful individuals?

Pretty much everyone has a weakness. I still remember the look on the face of the bulletproof street sam when he got dropped by a paintball full of DSMO and Narcoject- he had no defenses against chems at all. Powerful cyberware? An enemy decker or technomancer can force the party sam to nerf all his good bonuses by shutting down his wireless stuff, or if you can get control of his augs or- Ghost forbid- brick his ware. One of the first things mages should learn is there's always a bigger fish. Toxic shamans, bug spirits, and free spirits should be giving every magic-user pause. Is that gunslinger adept popping everything within 100 meters? A decent sniper can ruin his day from 200 meters.

The problem is you're getting bored, and that makes you lazy. Set traps and ambushes for your group. Make some prime runners on their level, and have everyone they've pissed off pitch in to put a big 'ol bounty on their heads. Take the initiative. Hit them where they sleep. Deny them access to contacts and wreck their gear. You're going to have to put some elbow grease in this, not gonna lie. But either get to work, or start a new campaign.
>>
Friend of mine made a weirdass thing for fucking weirdos.

PREGNANCY - For when your runners make poor decisions.

In order to not get pregnant, a female runner must beat a TN that is equivalent to the number of times she's fucked a dude per week.

Base save is Body.
Pulling out gives +1 dice.
Condoms give +6 dice.
Birth control gives +8 dice, so if you're entirely safe, average folks have 18 dice to save.
Ovulation is -2.

Failing to meet TN gives a child.
Glitching (regardless of successes) gives a child.
Critical Glitches give an additional child on top of the Glitch.
>>
>>52814183
Those are pretty comprehensive rules. *Yoink*

I have had this come up once in a game- the GM secretly rolled her Edge every time she fucked her boyfriend, and she got knocked up on a critical glitch.
Long story short, character was pregnant and neither PC nor player knew. PC ended up taking a shotgun blast right to to gut and had to go to the street doc. Street doc ran some blood tests as part of standard procedure and came in to deliver the news: "Good news is that your ovaries work. Bad news is that you're about to have a very painful miscarriage with really bruised abs."
>>
>>52814183
>>52814333
sometimes /tg/ forgets to ask "why"
>>
>>52814333
The GM is also allowing players to buy it off via good roleplaying.
>>
>>52814183
>TN = lays per week
Doesn't model reality very well but more power if they're enjoying it.
>>
>>52814183
lets see
something that have 95% success rate +6 dices
something that have 99.4% success rate +8 dice
TN depends on times fucked per week
how is protection bonus add if the it was used one type of protection in one case, other type in other case, both types in both in third case and none in the fourth?
Shit rules/10
>>
>>
>>52814183
>Pulling out gives +1 dice.

I disagree.
>>
>>52815936
The pull out method of contraception, without which at least a few comedians have said they would not be here today.
>>
>>52816274
I've been pulling out since I was 14, and condoms have more consistently failed and made me resort to plan b.
>>
File: LaughingAnimeGirls.gif (5MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingAnimeGirls.gif
5MB, 480x270px
>>52816400
>non virgin
>on 4chan
>ON /TG/
>>
What are some more good videos to sum up shadowrun to newbies besides https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNuL8cVxXMA
>>
>>52816713
You mean apart from [random other GITS scene]?
>>
why is valeera allowed to do 3000 damage in 1.5 seconds flat
>>
>>52816713
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJIjNs_s2NI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsRUOQG92Bw
>>
>>52817365
This was the wrong thread for this post but it wont let me delete it ,so just pretend its about some streetsam instead
>>
>>52814172
Adepts and street sams. I want them to not be playing like dnd but it never seems to work, violence is always the answer. I think you're right though, i could be more creative and that boredom is affecting things. The party often refuses to take initiative with anything except the hurr durr hulk smash route too and i have no idea how to encourage them to do any legwork at all. I guess traps and runs that require it are the answer.
>>
>>52818212
You could always give them guard jobs that make them interact with the principal longer term. But if they are that focused on action they probably wouldnt bite even though its sorta a milkrun
>>
I have 1.20 essence worth of cyber/bioware to get with biocompatibility for both cyber and bioware.
Its for a Adept/StreetSam/Warrior/Whatever
What should I get? I have Muscle augmentation 2 and toner 4 already but i could remove them if im going about this all wrong or something
>>
>>52818424
First question
What the fuck do you wish to do?
Then we can help
>>
>>52818424
I'm pretty sure that muscle augmentation and toner don't stack
you can either have muscle augmentation or muscle toner + enhancer
>>
>>52818443
Well, I've already got Improved Reflexes 3, So I can do anything I want. I just want to properly fill the role of kills stuff dead and was hoping for inspiration on what I could fill my essence excess with.
>>52818458
Noted
>>
>>52818212
>No decker or mage
So you're ignoring half the game?

Make them escort an NPC Decker on a mission to extract some data. Disguise puzzles as fights. Hit them with a Rigger with a huge army of badass drones but a vulnerable meatbody.
>>
>>52818464
de-note that, just looked it up
muscle augmentation and toner EXPLICITLY stack it's the cyber and bioware that doesn't (so no Toner and Replacement)
my bad
>>
>>52818489
Yeah I looked it up out of curiosity and saw that. Null sweat
>>
Speaking of cyber/bioware. Is it a stupid idea to start game with a Rating 2 cerebral booster as a Rigger, or should I spend my money elsewhere?
>>
>>52818464
alright but kill stuff how ?
melee or ranged?
Ranged get muscle tonner and drop aug,
Agi is your main thing and str is important only for recoil comp. Keep AGI high, STR at around 3-4
Cere-something gives you INT if you want to go faster. Pain Editor is best thing ever if you can get yor hands on it. Bone Density/Bone Lacing is if you don't want to die along side with Orthoskin/Dermal plates.
Cybereyes stuffed with mods are also must. But Smartlink is absolute must if you want to shoot. Can be put in cybereyes.
With high AGI look into Agile Defender quality for not getting hit.
>>
Do orthoskin and dermal sheath stack?
>>
>>52818554
If you're a Rigger who wants to Jump In and use Gunnery, having high LOG with help.

Otherwise, honestly? Having fuckhigh LOG as a Rigger isn't a big deal. You should purchase the Evo Proletariat, upgrade the Pilot to 4, then purchase Autosofts for Engineering. You and the Drone can tackle repairs together. With a First Aid and Medicine Autosoft, he can even serve as a group Drone Street Doc.

Although, if you want to move into Decking after chargen, having fuckhigh LOG will facilitate that more easily.
>>
File: a9401f19c707148f96f6600aa62384b3.jpg (113KB, 1000x1455px) Image search: [Google]
a9401f19c707148f96f6600aa62384b3.jpg
113KB, 1000x1455px
>>52818464
Grapple hand. Always a grapple hand.

Otherwise pain editor, cybereyes, internal router, all good utility if you've got resources to burn

Only one important question left: skates or skimmers?
>>
File: 2017-04-21_082316.jpg (34KB, 297x583px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-21_082316.jpg
34KB, 297x583px
is Chummer being fucky or does deltaware bioware somehow raise your essence?
>>
>>52818791
Figured out what it was
Type-O + Delta was negative because its supposed to be standard only
>>
Yekka you fuck, it's impossible to take Greater Ritual, because the requirement is Advanced Ritual, but Advanced Ritual doesn't exist. It's Advanced Ritual Spellcasting.
>>
>>52818733
Guess I'll go for rating 1 then, brings my Logic up to 6 (playing Orc for the lulz). Getting an Evo proletariat sounds decent, was considering putting a cyber arm with a tool kit on my Steel Lynx so I could do pretty much everything sitting in my Gopher outside the AO, but that is definitely a cheaper option. (might still spring for the arm though).
>>
File: file.png (352KB, 695x900px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
352KB, 695x900px
>>52818871
Happily not my fault, SG predates my involvement. It'll be fixed in the next build.
>>
>>52819312
Thanks m8
>>
>>52815355
You're forgetting that even a single success is enough to beat the odds, so 11 and 9 are plenty of dice.

Learn statistics.
>>
I never realized that >>52799203 was an OC that the artist constantly redraws.
While her stretching in gym clothes is still my favorite piece, I do like his other cyberpunkish art.
>>
>>52819375
I seriously didn't know this, I'm such a fucking idiot.
>>
File: Lewd But Can't Stop.png (184KB, 681x787px) Image search: [Google]
Lewd But Can't Stop.png
184KB, 681x787px
>>52808769
>>
So i am thinking on getting shadowrun anarchy, it is any good?
>>
>>52819465

Whats that from?
>>
File: !.jpg (5KB, 104x178px) Image search: [Google]
!.jpg
5KB, 104x178px
>>52814333
>Bad news is that you're about to have a very painful miscarriage with really bruised abs

Jesus Christ how horrifying
>>
>>52819648
I don't have personal experience with it but people around here usually say that it's interesting but flawed at best, and that it's rules lighter, not rules light.
>>
>>52819648
No, it's terrible. Save yourself the trouble and get yourself a real rules-lite system is that is what you want.
>>
I need to armor up with things that are 12 or under availability
Am i looking at a full body suit and a armor vest or something?
>>
>>52819664
Camp Sherwood, by Mister D. Pretty good comic overall, but still technically unfinished. There's at least one sequence of panels you'll certainly recognise if you've been around 4chan long enough.
>>
>>52819733
>No, it's terrible. Save yourself the trouble and get yourself a real rules-lite system is that is what you want.

Why is terrible, is just because is not rules light enough or there balancing issue aside?
>>
File: commission__jackal_by_aiyeahhs.jpg (172KB, 1024x1994px) Image search: [Google]
commission__jackal_by_aiyeahhs.jpg
172KB, 1024x1994px
>>52820036
Is it one of those fan comics that uses other series characters, like Bleedman used to do?
>>
>>52820064
Both, sadly, CGL at its "best". The PDF is in the OP if you want to have a look.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 900x1228px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 900x1228px
>>52819648
If you love the idea of Shadowrun but are intimidated by the depth of the mechanics, it's a tolerable way to get started.
>>52819767
Depends on what you have access to and how much you can or want to spend. An armoured jacket and ballistic shield are pretty much the cheapest way to get, but the assorted high-fashion armour clothing outfits are disgustingly cheap for what they are.
>>
>>52819767
Depends on your budget.
Best bang for your buck are the Armored Jacket and Zoe Executive Suit for casual and formal wear respectively. Wear Forearm Guards, Bike Racing Helmet/Ballistic Mask, and PPP Legs for a total of 16 Armor (if you have 3 STR).

More expensive/better options are Argentum Coat, Sleeping Tiger (armored and ugly!), Big Game Hunter,
>>
>>52819767
>Aluminum Bone Lacing
+2 armor, +2 BOD when soaking damage
18,000¥
>Dermal Plating (Rating 3)
+3 armor
9,000¥
>Orthoskin (Rating 3)
+3 armor
18,000¥

The two skin options are mutually exclusive.
>>
File: When You Jack It To Weird Shit.png (238KB, 510x351px) Image search: [Google]
When You Jack It To Weird Shit.png
238KB, 510x351px
>>52820104
It's a bunch of characters from 90's-00's Disney and Nick cartoons - Hey, Arnold!, Weekenders, Jake Long: American Dragon, Fairly Odd Parents, Danny Phantom, etc.

It's about Camp Sherwood, an all-girls summer camp. You can figure it out from there.
>>
File: Aw Shit.png (39KB, 198x264px) Image search: [Google]
Aw Shit.png
39KB, 198x264px
>>52820036
I like the anon on /b/ who, once a month for the past several years, has been dumping all the existing pages. It's a hobby that he can never tell anyone else about.
>>
>>52821060
>Dermal Plating
No. Just... no! Waaaaay to expensive essence-wise.
>>
File: Sword to a Gunfight.jpg (142KB, 517x810px) Image search: [Google]
Sword to a Gunfight.jpg
142KB, 517x810px
>>52820929
>Forearm Guards

Only work for melee, Wisconsin fan.
>>
>>52821109
We can't all be rich, upper crust elves with vat grown skin, chummer.
>>
File: Bitch-Hold-On.jpg (55KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bitch-Hold-On.jpg
55KB, 480x720px
>>52814183
Nigga what, that's some pure autism shit.
I mean i'm all fine for Magical realm from my players but I'd never make pregnance a roll thing, fuck.
>>
>>52785411
Manicheanism in the modern age. Gnosticism believes that the devil is the creator and the father of jesus is the lord of heaven - translated to the sixth world, this obviously means that anything astral-touched is a creature of god and all mundanes are a creature of satan. It even explains the concept of essence!
>>
>>52819767
How comfortable with cheese is your GM?

Vashion Island: Sleeping Tiger.
>Best armor in the high fashion category, can wear it anywhere inconspicuously
>RUTHENIUM POLYMER COATING R3
>10 availability despiter RPC being 16F
It shouldn't exist but it does and thus it invalidates all other armor that is not dedicated armor
>>
>>52821418
Any reasonable GM should houserule Sleeping Tiger back to a Electrochromic Colour Mod, and a reasonable price for something that's now only slightly better than an armoured jacket.
>>
>>52821118
Jackpointer opinions aren't rules.
>>
File: 1419291912752.png (491KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1419291912752.png
491KB, 555x555px
>>52817955
>his sam doesn't do 3000 damage in 1.5 seconds
shiggeru diggymoto omae
>>
File: T_T.png (8KB, 95x90px) Image search: [Google]
T_T.png
8KB, 95x90px
>>52821607
>Simple and rarely stylish, forearm guards are dermaplast (or, rarely, metallic) bracers fitted to a wearer. Their use is simple—USE THEM TO BLOCK MELEE ATTACKS, especially blades, turning blows away without actually cutting into you.

The Jackpointers mention it again so that illiterates get two chances to find out what forearms guards do.
>>
>>52821779
And yet, the rules don't actually work that way.
>>
>>52821779
>USE THEM TO BLOCK MELEE ATTACKS
Hey, awesome, now I can justify using Unarmed Block actions against people with melee weapons! Thanks a bunch, chummer!
>>
>>52821779
The only other piece of Armor in 5e that has specialty rules for location protection are the Snake Mesh Socks. Forearm Guards don't have a special rules line to indicate that they only provide armor for Close Combat damage resistance tests.

Run and Gun has been Errata'd and been around for numerous Missions FAQs. Obviously CGL Errata is shit but if they intended it to only provide armor in Close Combat tests it would have been done by now. Play your table how you want though, its your call if you don't want your table getting a point of free armor.
>>
>>52822039
>The only other piece of Armor in 5e that has specialty rules for location protection are the Snake Mesh Socks
Did they ever errata the fact that snake mesh socks provide +2 armour and +2 armour vs leg attacks?
>>
>>52822039
>Forearm Guards don't have a special rules line to indicate that they only provide armor for Close Combat damage resistance tests.

You're right that they didn't format the line to say that it's only for Close Combat damage resistance tests. They let you infer that by saying it's only used to block melee attacks. The errata team doesn't have a pressing need to clarify the obvious RAI and RAW by slightly rewriting the passage (and given how much of SR is written in natural language, it's not surprising if they don't see the need at all).

If you want to let people stop bullets with their arms you can do that at your table, but for once this isn't CGL being so vague there's multiple RAI interpretations.
>>
>>52821948
Block already does that.

>A character skilled at Unarmed Combat looking for a quick, short-term boost to her defense can use a Block Interrupt Action against an incoming unarmed or melee attack at any point in a Combat Turn
core 192

It's Parry that has the weird phrasing where you can only parry melee attacks, which when viewed with Block calling out both unarmed and melee suggests that Parry only works when the enemy has a weapon as well, and is not empty-handed.
>>
>>52822221
somehow snipped a line

>If you want to let people stop bullets with their arms you can do that at your table (makes as much sense as a helmet with Nonconductivity stopping a taser that hits you in the chest)
>>
Now we just have to answer when exactly do non-called-shots hit a specific part of the body.

Read: never. An attack is just a damage beam that hits you.
>>
>>52822641
True but I don't see how it's relevant. The discussion isn't about where you get hit, but about what kind of combat is causing the damage.
>>
File: 451278.jpg (333KB, 1529x900px) Image search: [Google]
451278.jpg
333KB, 1529x900px
Does chummer support using the drug grades in CF?
I'm not seeing an option when I add them as gear.
>>
File: EYE.jpg (509KB, 1238x1920px) Image search: [Google]
EYE.jpg
509KB, 1238x1920px
>>52823257
Not as of yet. Custom Drugs are a whole thing that Yekka hasn't gotten around to doing, though he has done some testwork on them.
>>
File: 2017-04-21_153419.jpg (36KB, 407x247px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-21_153419.jpg
36KB, 407x247px
>>52821060
>>52821109
>>52821157
Speaking of being vat grown

Also everyone thanks for the help.
>>
>>52824903
>Betaware
You do know that you can't take Betaware at CharGen, right?
>>
>>52824934
Its all standard anyway
but no, I didn't know that.
>>
File: 1481922182979.png (4MB, 990x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1481922182979.png
4MB, 990x1400px
>>52824939
Standard, Alpha, and Used only at chargen.
>>
>>52824939
You can't take Beta- or Deltaware at Chargen, only Standard, Used, Alpha- and (if your GM allows it) Gammaware
>>
>>52824954
>>52824939
>>52824958
>>52824934
Heres the same image but now it says standard in that irrelevent box. Just for you guys.
though thanks for saying that because I didnt actually know
>>
>>52824958
replace Gammaware with Omegaware
always confuse those
>>
>>52824986
>0 B, 0x0
nice compression, chummer
glitched a computer test?
>>
File: 2017-04-21_154022.jpg (46KB, 555x283px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-21_154022.jpg
46KB, 555x283px
>>52824986
>>52825008
Critical, My firefox crashed too.
>>
>>52785411
Fun fact based on this image:

I once ran with a crazy razorguy who believed he actually was Jesus Christ. My technomancer spent a lot of time keeping him from getting hacked or taken out by automated defenses. On the whole we all played into the madness because it was easier than arguing with him.

Nothing like getting to pull out a Dead Alive moment and shout "I CRACK ENCRYPTIONS FOR THE LORD!"
>>
File: 1486238949237.jpg (133KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486238949237.jpg
133KB, 600x900px
>>52825019
What is this character about? Dropping 63k on Boosters, but the rest of the bioware seems physical, Adrenaline Pump and Pain Editor, Nephretic Screen but no Narco...
>>
>>52825198
Honestly I had essence to spare and just took whatever could fit after a point.
.96 and .07 are more or less the same.
>>
File: Elf Punk Slot.gif (964KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Elf Punk Slot.gif
964KB, 720x720px
>>52825253
Essence to spare, sure, but bioware is crazy expensive. You couldn't find something better to spend the dosh on?

For example...
>>
>>52825292
Elf pussy is only a temporary boost anon, Bioware is forever
>>
>>52825314
Only if you don't age.
Like some elves.
>>
>>52825019
>muscle toner rating 4
That's availability 20R, max at chargen is 12.
>>
File: Elf Punk Slot 2.gif (360KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Elf Punk Slot 2.gif
360KB, 720x720px
>>52825314
Elfslaves will still be in the basement when your bioware is rotting away.
>>
>>52825019
Post the rest of the sheet
because as >>52825474 said you can only take this with the Restricted Gear quality
>>
>>52825570
He also has a Pain Editor, which is where I thought his Restricted Gear went. Anon seems to have never bothered to check viability.
>>
>>52825630
I took three restricted gears unless i counted wrong
>>
>>52825712
That costs 30 karma (and is a bit of a waste, cheaper to pick up post chargen). You making a Prime Runner?
>>
>>52825712
A) You can't. You're only allowed to take the quality once at chargen.

B) You can't. You can only spend 25 karma on positive qualities, and RG is 10 karma a pop.

C) At any point did you open up one of the books and read the rules? Seems like you're making every mistake possible with chargen.
>>
>>52825813
I think he's just elaborately trolling /srg/ at this point.
>>
>>52825813
I've been reading the rules when I can find them.
I was hoping that chummer might have even a shred of rule checking so I didnt have to cross reference everything with everything.
Its clearly lacking with all of the things I'm just finding out every time I make a post
Which is why I was posting, To be called a retard so i could fix what was wrong. I hate breaking the rurus
>>
>>52826112
It should tell you some things you messed up with when you go to mark the character as Created.

But not all.
>>
>>52826112
Chummer doesn't do that because it can interfere with houserules. And boy, does SR5 need a shitload of houseruling.
>>
>>52825813
>Every time the character takes this quality at character creation (max 3 times),
I KNEW I WASNT WRONG THIS TIME
>>
>>52826141
>And boy, does SR5 need a shitload of houseruling.

>>52825813
>B) You can't. You can only spend 25 karma on positive qualities, and RG is 10 karma a pop.

Example: a common houserule i have encountered a lot is no upper limit to the positive qualities at chargen (but the limit to negative remains)
>>
>>52826112
The original Chummer (for 4e) didn't have it because the maker didn't want to replace the books
And yekka doesn't do it because it might be copyright infringement (IIRC)
At least they have the source given so you can look it up

IF you want one that actually checks the rules and is always up to date with the developers you are free to pay for herolab (but is it really worth it?)
>>
>>52826160
Only if you're making a Prime Runner, max 25 karma for regular runners. So functionally it caps out at 2x in most games.
>>
File: No, You're Still Wrong, RTFB.png (109KB, 408x302px) Image search: [Google]
No, You're Still Wrong, RTFB.png
109KB, 408x302px
>>52826160
>>
>>52826219
Hes playing 4E anon.
>>
>>52826225
For what purpose
>>
>>52826225
wait, how do you get that?
>>
>>52826260
Download the chummer thats not in the OP and doesnt end in a 5
>>
>>52826277
No, I mean how do you see that he is using Chummer and not Chummer5?
>>
>>52826309
How else would he be so consistently wrong?
>>
>>52826321
Chummer, If he was consistently wrong he would be playing 5e
>>
>>52826332
If he was consistently wrong, he'd be playing 2e or 1e and keep an allergy to his own 'ware.
>>
>>52826349
>Allergic to own ware
Now I want to do this
>>
>>52826394
Like I've said before, in 1e and 2e it was possible to have a non-human character that had some degree of allergy to the vast majority of weapons, armor, and clothes and all 'ware.

It was possible to have a character with chrome that should by all rights kill 'em.
>>
File: 1b80f8f3223cd130ef00fd8a5e6850d4.jpg (156KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1b80f8f3223cd130ef00fd8a5e6850d4.jpg
156KB, 900x1350px
>>52826112
Find the Special menu at the top and click Check Character Validity.
>>
NEW THREAD:
>>52826554
>>52826554
>>
>>52822221
>>52822496
Armor is an abstract value of how protected your character is overall. A helmet with a noncon mod is perfectly viable to add it's mod rating to a soak roll even if you get tased in the balls. It is both RAW and RAI.
>>
>>52826893
That was my point. By Shadowrun logic, with any other armour that only covers part of the body (like helmets) the benefit is universal and applies to all types of damage, so there's no cardinal sin being committed to apply that rule universally at your table as a very minor houserule. It's only because Forearm Guards explicitly state that they're an exception to the rule that they don't work for stopping ranged attacks, by RAW and RAI.
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 96

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.