[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did /tg/ get so pretentious as a board? What the fuck happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 371
Thread images: 40

File: 1469496298490.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1469496298490.gif
2MB, 250x188px
When did /tg/ get so pretentious as a board? What the fuck happened? Everywhere I look, there are blatantly made-up stories, no OC, no drawfagging, and these insanely narcissistic blog-style posts written by spergs who think being willing to bite the GM bullet makes them God Almighty. It's worse than /k/, /v/, or even /pol/.

What the fuck were you guys doing while I was in the sandbox? What happened? Was there some crossover with another site, or major developments in the hobby? Because shit has objectively gone downhill, and not even in the usual "this board was never good, it's all nostalgia" way. Can we fix this? If so, how?
>>
File: 1475886600983.jpg (3KB, 192x122px) Image search: [Google]
1475886600983.jpg
3KB, 192x122px
>inb4 quests
>>
I'm a bit of a newfag but I quite like this board. Right balance between shitposting and funposting, lots of creativity-focused threads, a definite board culture, overall this place is very comfy and I love lurking.
>>
>>52782344
>kids these days
>>
The man who stands at a strange threshold,
Should be cautious before he cross it,
Glance this way and that:
Who knows beforehand what foes may sit
Awaiting him in the hall?
>>
>>52782344
>there are blatantly made-up stories
>no OC
Which one is it?
>>
I used to frequent this board back in 2011, and have come back only recently. I think the board is the same as is, /tg/ getting shit done as usual. I do note the increase in waifufags, but I feel that is more a fault of the times than 4chan.
>>
File: Suggestion Box.jpg (108KB, 790x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Suggestion Box.jpg
108KB, 790x1000px
>>52782344
>"i can identify whether or not a story is made up at a glance"
>"i haven't noticed any drawfag threads, therefore there are none"
>"everyone else is a narcissist writing blogposts"
>"GMs complaining about GM things or talking about being GMs means they've got a god complex"

Nice pretentious blogpost, anon.
The irony is laughable.
>>
File: Bless you kind lurker.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bless you kind lurker.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>>52782390
>>
>>52782344
Simple.
All oldfags moved, Anon, and now we are overwhelmed by millenials lured into the hobby thanks to corporations marketing turning it trendy, /pol/akcs shoving their fucking agendas everywhere and weaboos who since aren't linch on the spot like in the old days now feel cocky enough to crap all over the place.
Distants are the days in which /tg/ made shit like the Bill & Ted RPG, Boone comics or thread that steamrolled /his/.
Truly is a dark age in which one can witness the cult to personality that has been crapped straight into the brain of the newestt generation who doesn't even read LotR and does not give a fuck about.
>>
>>52782479
i have to agree with this. i only started lurking tg about two years ago and i have also noticed a drop in quality even in such a sort time.

the pol shit is the worst though. a few years ago the discourse was a lot less fucking crazy. A discussion about why anon doesn't like elves for example, would largely come down to stats or lore in a particular setting. Nowadays its about 3 posts in before some nutjob declares that X race is betacucks/brown people/sjw propaganda or whatever the chosen boogieman for the week is. As a historical wargamer, this becomes massively frustrating as you can imagine. i just wanna talk tanks not help reassure fat kids its all tge jews fault they can't get pussy
>>
>>52782344
>insanely narcissistic blog-style posts written by spergs
Oh, like yours?
>>
File: 1482644665487.png (5KB, 207x218px) Image search: [Google]
1482644665487.png
5KB, 207x218px
>>52782344
Be the change you want to see anon. Bump creative threads, write creative posts, and promote good board etiquete
>>
>>52782654
Honestly I think /pol/ is less of a problem than the rabid anti-/pol/ defence force. /pol/ can make the odd shitty post or thread, but that in itself isn't too bad. The threads only get properly derailed when twenty more screeching autists jump in an start posting 'back to /pol/' memes, continuously bumping the thread or post they're trying to shut down.

Basically it comes down to 'don't respond to bait'
>>
>>52782763
I dunno. Those people only exist now because it stopped being bait. People are just rabidly political these days. There's still the creative stuff. Still the weeb stuff. Still the waifus and made up stories.

The problem is that now everyone is so fucking serious about their beliefs.
>>
>>52782344
>Everywhere I look, there are blatantly made-up stories, no OC,

Wouldn't made up stories be OC?
>>
>>52782763
The reason the rabid anti-/pol/ defense force exists is because /pol/ constantly tries to drag their shit with them wherever they go. They try and colonize other boards, sometimes without even realizing it by spamming memes and force opinions down everybody's throat. They call it banter and drive it everywhere because they think all of 4chan is like /pol/, and it's all they know.
>>
>>52782344
I know it's not "much", but I have been in this board for about seven years now, and I don't notice a decline in quality. It's all more or less the same. Actually, I think it has improved just a bit.

Why? Because people now seem less stuck-up and elitist now, in my opinion. I mean, we're still a bunch of pretentious faggots, there's no helping that, but we're mostly friendly pretentious faggots.
>>
I was just thinking about how awesome it would be to soak toilet paper in butter and then mould it into your likeness.
>>
>>52782935
Methinks the april fools decision to merge /mlp/ and /pol/ has merit to it.
Both are cancerous topics that would infect other boards if they are not strictly regulated and enforced.
Guess which of those 2 aforementioned boards still has its shit leaking all over the other boards?
>>
>>52782935
This reminds me of a game of AD&D in which our PCs did found a piece of the Regalia of Evil, the Scepter.
One of the passive abilities the scepter haves is to lure evil aligned beings to the owner eager to serve a mighty overlord or which do have a predisposition towards such thing, so soon we found ourselves surrounded wuth evil minions when our party was good aligned.
Since the scepter influence is so fucking strong those minions thought that we were masterminds of evil, that we posed as agents of goodness so the weak let their guards down and let us sink our claws into their society. Of course we trued to convert them to good and convince them we weren't into evil shit yet since we had the Scepter we couldn't do nothing to probe that we were good guys.
At the end we manipulate them to do good deeds thinking it was part of a turbo keikaku.
>>
>>52782993
Dude, even /mlp/ and /pol/ agreed the decision had merit to it.

Even I, who honestly dislikes both boards, kind of liked the result. It was like the two forms of cancer merged into something greater, and for one shining instant it was like every great board at it's inception, before the topics of discussion get old and the inspiration dies. It was like old school /b/, or early days of /pol/, or even old /tg/ in that it's base couldn't give a fuck and did shit for the lulz.

On one hand I can't believe the mods shut it down, but on the other I can see it was only a matter of time before it got past it's prime, like a filly with a broken leg or board that has stagnated, like this one has.
>>
>>52783118
I hadn't been on /s4s/ until recently, I assumed it was supposed to be some kind of normie 12 year old containment board for people that wanted the /b/ circa 2008 experience minus the gore, but its somehow a more tolerable board than /b/ is now. Things, and boards, change over time for sure. /tg/ is still one of the better boards on this site. Shit does get done from time to time and reasonable discussions do happen, and while "depends on the setting" posts and bait images in OPs of otherwise normal threads its not too bad given the shitshow that some other boards have. If this were /v/ we'd have several Lamentations of the Flame Princess threads a day consisting of a pic and "This is the flame princess, say something nice about her/why didn't you buy her game?" But then, maybe even that would be better than a thread dedicated to complaining about how the board should just be better instead of being shit with nothing useful to actually say.
>>
>>52782763
I wonder who's behind this post.
>>
>>52784652
Is there a /pol/ version of that "SJW with paper thin disguise" pic?
>>
>>52782344
>Everywhere I look, there are blatantly made-up stories, no OC, no drawfagging, and these insanely narcissistic blog-style posts written by spergs who think being willing to bite the GM bullet makes them God Almighty.
Perhaps so, but at least they're not meta-threads.

Also:
>no drawfagging
Drawfags: >>52751530
>no OC
Creators of OC: >>52761184

Perhaps you just didn't look hard enough? Perhaps you're the problem?
>>
>>52782344
First Nazimod fucked the place up, banning or driving off a lot of core members and lying about it. Then redditors and fags from GitP or the charop forums moved in to this 'safer' /tg/, annoying more real users into leaving. Finally, moot forced all quests onto /tg/ injecting countless toxic /v/ and /a/ users into our fragile ecosystem. Their shitposting and board-consuming spam combined with the whining of the care bear newfags drove off even more actual users. Quests have thankfully been removed and recovery has begun, but with the jannies quick on hand to delete anything that scandalizes.
>>
>>52784736
NOTHING HAPPENED ON CALIBA-uh..... /TG/!
>>
>>52782479
>weaboos who since aren't linch on the spot like in the old days
I agree with everything but this. 4chan is a weeb website, that was made for weebs, to discuss topics both weeb and non.
>>
File: 1471466961441.png (72KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1471466961441.png
72KB, 501x585px
>>52784675
Saved for just such an occasion.

Also, OP is a fag. 4chan is fine except for /pol/, everywhere else is just as cancerous and terrible as always. And we wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
File: 1475903814370.jpg (137KB, 723x745px) Image search: [Google]
1475903814370.jpg
137KB, 723x745px
>>52782344
>no OC
>no drawfagging
>It's worse than /k/, /v/, or even /pol/
At least work on your bait

>Can we fix this? If so, how?
By not wasting space on shit like your bait
>>
>>52785644
>>no OC
>>no drawfagging

But that's absolutely correct. There's a pitiful amount of OC compared to even a year or two ago, and the current batch of drawfags suck dick at drawing.
>>
>>52782479
>muh millenial
So you're 35?
>>
File: kill em all.jpg (191KB, 1600x792px) Image search: [Google]
kill em all.jpg
191KB, 1600x792px
>>52782344
>t. newfag

this board was never pretentious. it just doesn't shitpost nearly as much as the others so you don't know what to do when faced with actual discussion

compare the catalog of /v/ to /tg/ and if you're really so certain, if anything it's more pretentious of you to judge a whole board by some arrogant jackoffs you might have seen

or i'm just taking bait and going to get shot in the back of the head for "reddit spacing"
>>
>>52784721
>>52785644
It was just...different in the old days. Back then you could find that sort of stuff all over the board, before everything was herded into stale and shitty generals.

>>52784736
The odd off board poster may have emigrated in with quests, but most of the player base were primarily /tg/ers who at least generated some OC. But at this stage just about every sub section of /tg/ that reliably and consistently churned out OC has been kicked off the board. That may not be the root cause of the sorry state this board is in, but it sure as shit hasn't helped it any.
>>
>>52782344
>What the fuck happened?

This
>>52782377
Quest threads getting banned really soured a lot of content-creating people on /tg/, because it turned out that a lot of questfags were also writefags, drawfags, and homebrewfags. It didn't help that the mod was also deleting board-related threads like meatbread (never thought I'd see the day that meatbread threads were banned on /tg/). These days I don't try to make a lot of homebrew because I'm sick of it getting pruned for off-topic.

Basically the new mod drove a lot of people out, what's left is mostly trolls and people who want to feel vindicated that they "beat" the questfags, and most of the content on the board these days is either people bitching that nothing is being created, or people bitching that /tg/ was never a creative board and it's all nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>52786045
I find it's just vocal minorities bitching and whining because the OC they personally liked is gone and the board is full of OC that they don't like or just don't pay attention to.

Like, that eternal CYOA general is pretty much nothing but folks messing around with each others' original content but god forbid that anyone acknowledges that as OC, they call it the cancer killing /tg/ instead.
>>
>>52782344
>get so pretentious
>Get

Your speaky words are wrong, as they communicate ideas that are fallacious.

'Get' implies there was a time when /tg/ was not pretensious
>>
>>52786129
>These days I don't try to make a lot of homebrew because I'm sick of it getting pruned for off-topic.

This is actually one of those really telling statements above and beyond your specific complaints. And no, I'm not insinuating shit about your character, I'm saying that the board was better when off-topic shit was allowed to fly as long as it was fun.
>>
>>52786163
I'm not sure why one player Quests are even still allowed on this board.
>>
Bring back WST and quests.
>>
>>52786182
It actually says a lot about how distant the mods are from the current userbase. It's like they've decided that /tg/ will be a board devoted exclusively to discussion of traditional games instead of any form of original content or creative enterprise, which is half of what was great about old /tg/.
>>
>>52782344
Well since your asking for OC, would anyone be interested in a story about Tau/human relations with a setting referencing SA apartheid, the Rhodesian Bush War, and Israel/Palestine relations?

Also, what sandbox faggot?
>>
>>52786226
If only anon, but you know they'd all be shitposted to death within an hour of them going up.
>>
File: 7QPSONi.jpg (494KB, 1280x829px) Image search: [Google]
7QPSONi.jpg
494KB, 1280x829px
>>52786163
>/tg/ hasn't changed!
>ok /tg/ has changed but I don't care so stop whining
alright
>>
>>52786226
>WST
Only if you are able to contain yourself. We know this won't happen.
>>
>>52782763
The problem coems when 20 screeching autists come rushing in tipping fedoras and shout 'niggers' and 'jews' and ruin the fucking thread.
>>
OC active on /tg/ right now:

>/cyoag/, which is nothing but anons making their own content and sharing it with other anons.
>Nobledark 40k, which is a bunch of anons collaborating over an alternate version of 40k.
>/wipg/, which is nothing but anons making cool shit (or awful shit) in real life and sharing it with each other. Usually 40k based though.
>/gdg/, which is nothing but anons making their own tabletop systems and sharing them with each other. Notice a lot of the original content is being consolidated into generals.
>L5R Storytime, in which one anon is sharing a really fucking long story which a lot of people seem to love.
>Accidental Magical Girl CYOA. A CYOA so popular it apparently needs its own thread.
>Drawthread. Yes, there's actually a drawthread up. Right here, right now, there's a drawthread.
>Warren's Folly. Apparently some sort of original setting created by a bunch of anons on /tg/.
>Genestealer Cult Creation Thread, in which people are randomly generating their own genestealer cult for 40K.
>Magic the Gathering snowflakes, in which people write about their original characters in the Magic the Gathering setting
>/wbg/, another general, this time for the purpose of worldbuilding.

People are making and sharing original content on /tg/ at this moment. You might not like all of it, you might not even like half or any of it. I know I don't. But it's still content being made on /tg/ and a lot of the time being made for /tg/.

So if you don't see any original content that you actually like, shut up and actually make it yourself.
>>
File: 1380713590619.jpg (27KB, 450x373px) Image search: [Google]
1380713590619.jpg
27KB, 450x373px
>>52786349
>cyoas
>OC
Anon, I don't even hate quests and I think that's just absurd.
>>
>>52786349
>>Accidental Magical Girl CYOA. A CYOA so popular it apparently needs its own thread.

You know what that's called? A FUCKING QUEST THREAD!
>>
>>52783118
I think this is the direction a solution would need to take. That fusion hopped! It was new and funny and exciting and there were new people to yell at and with and share your memes with.

I think we're all just bored.
>>
>>52786404
>>52786388
>OC I dislike is not OC! Get it out of my /tg/!

You're the cancer slowly killing this board.
>>
>>52786235
Hahaha, sounds hilarious, I'm in. I will heckle you about the Israel/Palestine situation if you're naive and uninformed, but hey, so is everyone else.
>>
>>52786349
>Notice a lot of the original content is being consolidated into generals.
This is annoying. Wish they'd have their own, visible threads that we can see from the Catalog.
>>
>>52786235
Yes!
>>
>>52782763
>>52786341
The real problem is that there's 40 sceeching autists derailing threads that have nothing to do with political nonsense by turning them into political nonsense.

We have the tools to filter and hide threads/posts that we don't want to see, yet only a fraction of 4chan users bother utilizing these tools to stop shit like that from happening.

If people learned not to respond to bait, there'd be no problem.
>>
>>52786349
None of those generals are making significant progress on the projects they claim to be about. And as much as I like worldbuilding and CYOA, they hardly qualify as "OC." They're just incomplete fragments of nothing.
>>
>>52786563
And every other board sees its OC and projects through to completion. That's why we've seen so many successful videogames come out of /v/!
>>
>>52786036
>this board was never pretentious.

>He says while there's several "stop having badwrongfun" threads in the catalog.
>He says when edition wars occurs in every other thread related to D&D as a whole.
>He says when people will look down on you for playing vidya.
Let's be honest here, every board on 4chan is filled with circlejerking hipsters who want to be the one wolf among sheeple when it comes to their hobby. If you're going to claim that any board has never been pretentious, it means that you're either new or haven't been lurking long enough.
>>
>>52786250
>If only anon, but you know they'd all be shitposted to death within an hour of them going up.

Nah, people shitposted in quests when the mods allowed them on /tg/. It was fine.
>>
>>52786563
Warren's Folly looks cool.
>>
>>52786182
>This is actually one of those really telling statements above and beyond your specific complaints. And no, I'm not insinuating shit about your character, I'm saying that the board was better when off-topic shit was allowed to fly as long as it was fun.

>>52786234
>It actually says a lot about how distant the mods are from the current userbase. It's like they've decided that /tg/ will be a board devoted exclusively to discussion of traditional games instead of any form of original content or creative enterprise, which is half of what was great about old /tg/.

This is probably the biggest problem with the board right now. Somehow a new crop of mods got in power than hold the mantra of "NOT MUH TEEJ" and delete everything that doesn't conform to their personal ideas of what /tg/ is supposed to be. Not saying it wasn't a problem in the past, but it's definitely a problem now.
>>
>>52782344
Just remember that this thread, >>52768105, who's goal is to tell cringeworthy stories about people getting angry, is still less salty than this thread.
>>
>>52786349
>2017
>This is what passes as creativity on /tg/ now
>>
>>52786832
Post a single year and all of the creative content in it and explain how it is vastly superior to the current content on /tg/.
>>
>>52786617
Not him, but have you been OUTSIDE /tg/? No, not THAT kind of outside... You know, other boards?
Then be glad that /tg/ isn't as bad as shit going around currently. That still doesn't make this board any less good, and there is a visible decline in last three years, but it's not even half as bad as 4chan in general is getting.
>>
>>52786861
>2016
>Questfags were still not driven out, so there were regular OC, storytime and homebrew threads
>2017
>Storytime thread needs regular bumps to not die
Here, I didn't even need to dig out some ancient history.
>>
>>52782344
/tg/ has always had annoying pretentious assholes you have to contend with. Also /k/ is fine you faggot, nothing is worse than when Squid and his tripfag posse shitposted, and now it's just back to where it should be.
>>
>>52782344
>It's worse than /pol/
>>
>>52786893
Oh, I can't wait to see the legions of people who disagree with you and consider quests to be the anti-OC.
>>
>>52786975
What about the legions of people who like having quest threads on /tg/

Most strawpolls tend to show the majority enjoys having quest threads on this board.
>>
>>52786871
As someone who frequents /a/, /v/, /co/, and /tv/; I've seen down the rabbit hole and there really isn't any major difference between /tg/ or any other board on the site nowadays.

/tg/ has threads that are always bait, yet still make to bump limit every other time it gets posted, people will still look down on you for having taste that's synonymous with "normies," and everyone is still trying to one-up one another as far who the biggest underground hipster is, even when the board as a whole talks about the most mainstream shit this side of the internet unironically.

If you think I'm wrong, go on /v/ and go into a console wars thread and compare it to the average edition wars thread that we see on here every other day.

Protip:There is no difference.
>>
>>52786994
>strawpolls
You mean those things that can be so easily manipulated that anyone with a phone or dynamic IP can repeatedly cast a new vote in under a minute? Yeah, that's a GREAT indicator of board consensus, especially since it's always going to be in favor of the salty ones making the poll in the first place.

Quests are gone. You are in the minority of wanting them back. Time to get over it. You have your own board and instead of trying to improve it you just come back here to cry about how it's dead and would be better off merged because "MUH TEEG CULTURE".
>>
File: 1491969652217.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491969652217.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
>>52782344
What this board needs is more Cestree.
>>
>>52787121
We already get daily Cestree threads and now we're getting daily Xeno threads.

That's a sure way to bring back creativity, right?
>>
>>52782344
>Everywhere I look, there are blatantly made-up stories, no OC, no drawfagging, and these insanely narcissistic blog-style posts written by spergs
Sounds like surplus of millenials from what you said
>>
>>52785883
>Ageshaming
Man, we had and have people posting here in his early 40s.
>>
File: 1486475231201.jpg (199KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486475231201.jpg
199KB, 600x600px
>>52787136
More.
>>
>>52787049
>Yeah, that's a GREAT indicator of board consensus, especially since it's always going to be in favor of the salty ones making the poll in the first place.
It would be interesting to make a strawpoll thread that's blatantly anti-quest and see what the results would be.

>>52787167
I think he meant that if you're not over age 35 you're a millennial, which means most of the people who complain about millennials on 4chan are themselves millennials.
>>
>>52787049
You sound just as emotionally invested as the orher guy.
>>
OP is a fag. Congrats on making a shitposting thread slightly more meta than the usual -4 str
>>
>>52786832
Yeah bruh, where's my thread where we calculate how much spiders can fit in various bodily orifices?
>>
Completely unbiased poll.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12781023
>>
>>52784721
>Creators of OC:
>58 posts

>[Dejected Laughter]
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12781043
>>
>mfw newfags realize that this place is not as wacky and creative as 1d4chan made it out to be
>>
>>52787186
>Implying that everyone in 4chan is of your same age range as you.
>Implying that there is no genuine senior from the oldfag era still checking here and being pissed of how shitty /tg/ has become
>Implying generalization.
>Implying shitty Greek fire from Game of Trendy.
>>
>>52787049
Personally, we wouldn't even be having this argument if we didn't ever limit quests to just /tg/ in the first place. If Quests were allowed across 4chan, then Bleach Reaper Quest XIV would be on /a/, and all the Yuri on /u/, leaving /tg/ free to run quests that are actually /tg/, and /qst/ to catch the overflow from other boards where the community, not the mods, decided whether they wanted quests or not.
>>
>>52782344
It mostly went to shit when the last bastions of good ideas and creativity were kicked out. IE, quests. They also did a fantastic job and choking out troll threads and shoving them off the board, which people refuse to admit.

With quests forced into a containment board and slowly dying as a result, we're mostly just waiting for the mods to smarten up and bring quests back in. Only a matter of time really.
>>
All of this is Moore's fault
He should have never left us
>>
>>52787298
That's probably the problem. The only thing I really miss was people posting porn as a spoiler and not getting tagged. That new rule was gay. I get it just represented an enforcement of already existing rules, but damn.
>>
File: concern_for_landlubbers.jpg (63KB, 323x320px) Image search: [Google]
concern_for_landlubbers.jpg
63KB, 323x320px
>>52782479
>it's a "millenial boogeyman" post
>>
>>52787341
Moot's*
>>
>>52787332
That may have been a good idea, but it never worked like that. It instead ended up with /tg/ having so many quest threads that it was smothering.
>>
File: payload 10.37.28 AM.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
payload 10.37.28 AM.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>>52787332
>Personally, we wouldn't even be having this argument if we didn't ever limit quests to just /tg/ in the first place. If Quests were allowed across 4chan, then Bleach Reaper Quest XIV would be on /a/, and all the Yuri on /u/, leaving /tg/ free to run quests that are actually /tg/, and /qst/ to catch the overflow from other boards where the community, not the mods, decided whether they wanted quests or not.
This would be the ideal situation. I don't know what who was thinking when he decided that all the anime quests on /a/ had to get shoveled onto /tg/. It gave a lot of ammo to the people who didn't like having quests on this board because a lot of the /a/ quests were harem-building garbage where the three "choices" were just different seats on the same railroad, and the sheer numbers of /a/ quests made a lot of people resent all quests in general.

Unfortunately, it's easy to say that all quest threads are bad because Yuri Romance Simulator #63456486131 was a bad quest thread.

>>52787260
>http://www.strawpoll.me/12781023
Just for you, I only voted once.
>>
>>52782344
I stopped posting in creative threads because I grew tired of people insulting me for not following the standard D&D tropes. It's like it's a religion to these people and they take protecting it extremely seriously. Where they all came from and why, my guess is as good as yours.
>>
>>52787359
Which by extension makes it /pol/ and /v/'s fault, since they're the obnoxious little shits who drove him away to begin with.
>>
>>52787292
Now see here, this is a proper genuine strawpoll without any tampering.

You can tell because no one's voting for the option that I disapprove of.
>>
>>52787049
>You are in the minority of wanting them back
The only minority were the rabid anti-quest fags.

Majority of people didn't give a fuck about the whole deal altogether, but it's already tiresome with the constant "hurr we drove quests away". Congratu-fucking-lations. Now I feel like being the only person doing anything in storythreads aside posting pictures.
>>
>It's another thinly veiled "bring back quests" thread.

I think a lot more people would be more sympathetic to your plight if you'd stop with this passive-aggressive whining shit.
>>
>>52787446
The majority of people don't like having to hide 50% of the board.
You go on /qa/, and that's what most people complain about that.
If you hide General and Quest, you hide more than 70% of /tg/. It's retarded.
>>
>>52787461
>Shitposting General
>REEEEEEEEE STOP TALKING ABOUT QUESTS
You must be new on /tg/
>>
>>52787471
>Picking numbers from the ass this hard
And to think people were tired with anti-questfaggotry and their bloated 20%

Also, following your logic, Quests and Generals make a majority of the board, meaning being against them makes you a minority.
>>
>>52787446
Actually... in a poll around when things were most heated, the polls were something like 30% pro-quest, 30% anti, and 40% who gives a Shit. The majority doesn't care, and the people who have what they want already aren't going to be as vocal as the people who don't.

That said, anti-questfags have displayed a propensity for being sore winners.
>>
>>52787260
Well, there you have it. Most people in this thread prefer not to have quests on /tg/.
>>
>>52787341
No, it all began with the Nazimod Final Solution, then the Great Reddit-Tumblrarian Invasions and finally we reached the Sad Age of Medicority and Fake Nerds.
Distants are the days of Warhammer Wednesday (or it was Fridays? I don't recall that right) in /b/ in which The Great Anti-Furfag Crusade succeeded to save 4chan from a Dark Age of Furfaggotry, before My Little Pony, before /pol/.
Now I take refuge in OSR, waiting for a Kwisatz Haderach that will save us and guide us to a new golden age of tabletop fun.
>>
File: 1441350798175.jpg (37KB, 478x317px) Image search: [Google]
1441350798175.jpg
37KB, 478x317px
>it's the same tired quest dispute again
We had this a million times. Nobody will be any wiser after two hundred posts of arguing.
>>
>>52786471
Ugh, I am. I wanted to take a State of Israel course in college just so i could understand wtf was going on, but it interfered with a course I had to have.

You should advise me!

I'll try to do my hw before i get into it.

Essentially, I want Tau/Humans to both have valid points for being on the planet, with Tau being in the position of power.

Of course beliefs, dogma, and goals will clash.

>>52786515
Thanks for the enthusiasm! I will hopefully post some of it after work.
>>
File: eight percent.png (34KB, 1555x314px) Image search: [Google]
eight percent.png
34KB, 1555x314px
>>52787471
>quest threads were so popular, that's why nobody liked them
>at least 50% of the board was quest threads
The 4plebs archive is right there. Feel free to post links proving that 50% of the board was quest threads.

>>52787461
Funny how so many people on /tg/ like talking about quest threads. Seems pretty popular.

>>52787530
>Well, there you have it. Most people in this thread prefer not to have quests on /tg/.
11 out of 57 isn't "most", even if you use antiquestfag math.

>>52787497
Poll thread
>>
>>52787332
This would have been good. Dammit, m00t.
>>
>>52787538
Oh, so when anti-quest fags cried for TWO YEARS STRAIGHT about removing quests, that was ok, but when the other side does it, it's bad and should be stopped?
>>
>>52787571
Hiding 50% of the board at any one time doesn't mean hiding 50% of the total threads.
>>
>>52787584
>Implying people weren't sick of the arguments then too
>>
>>52787538
No thread's purpose is what's actually going on in the thread.

Filename Threads are our unofficial meta threads.

Stat Me threads are excuses to talk about latest episodes of shows we like.

/pfg/ is our replacement for /wst/, all at the insignificantly low price of Pathfinder player's reputation and dignity.

And Quest and 3.5gument threads are vent threads, where we're angry for anger's sake to let it all out so we can be (mostly) decent people in other threads.
>>
File: baronannitaharkonnen.jpg (101KB, 1024x677px) Image search: [Google]
baronannitaharkonnen.jpg
101KB, 1024x677px
>>52787537
FOOL!
HE WHO CONTROLS THE GENERALS CONTROLS /TG/!
>>
>>52787584
>Oh, so when anti-quest fags cried for TWO YEARS STRAIGHT about removing quests, that was ok, but when the other side does it, it's bad and should be stopped?

Nah anon, you've got it all backwards. When the mods and the site's creator said that quests belonged on /tg/, they were wrong. Now that a mod says that quests don't belong on /tg/, the mod is right.

If a mod in the future decides that quest threads do belong on /tg/, he will be wrong because the current moderator's position is the objectively correct one.
>>
>>52787409
m00t made an immoral decision there. Gamergate was in the right, they were being censored, there was an important conversation that needed to be had. He shouldn't have kicked them off the free speech site.

>inb4 doxxing
There was a lot of effort put into not being culpable of doxxing, including flooding boards with shitpost threads so that a doxxer's thread could be kept off.
>>
>>52782935

Today:
>They call it banter and drive it everywhere because they think all of 4chan is like /pol/, and it's all they know.

>2006:
>They call it memes and drive it everywhere because they think all of 4chan is like /b/, and it's all they know.

Get over yourself, mong.

>>52785631
>Fine except /pol/
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
>YOU'RE A NAZI
>GET OUT REEEEEE

>>52786045
>>52786129
>quests r gud
>quests wur creative
No they weren't you fuck. They were essentially generals, except it was a bunch of circle-jerking that devolved into waifu-faggotry 99 percent of the time.
>>
ANYWAY. We're getting sidetracked away from my point!

>>52786435

We want to not be bored, so I think we should try to ban all generals for a little while, force all their subjects to compete in the free market. I think we'd get an explosion of new ideas that were hidden in the general threads.

What can we do to being back the mania? I vote for new memes, and/or inviting other boards over to visit.
>>
>>52787537

>roleplaying in post
>not knowing about Furry Fridays
>being an anti-horsefucker
>liking OSR
>fun

Holy shit, what's it like having terminal-stage cancer?
>>
>>52787796
I think the main problem with your strawman is that /b/tards don't constantly spam /b/-tier threads on other boards.
>>
>>52787796
Forgot to put 'stormfag' or 'stormweenie' in there somewhere.
>>
File: 1460205394520.png (219KB, 354x454px) Image search: [Google]
1460205394520.png
219KB, 354x454px
>>52787538
We should use these threads to discuss how cute Ribbon is instead.
>>
like any board, /tg/ gets ruined by people with girlfriends posting here.
If you have a girlfriend, please leave for the sake of the board. you've been drained of any interesting trait you may possess.
>>
>>52787869

And that's how I know you're a newfag.

>>52787913
No, because I've SEEN all this before. Back in 06-10 it was /b/. Back in 12-15 it was /mlp/. And in 16-17 it's /pol/.
>>
>>52787923
I could swear I saw a gif version of this once. And I need it. It had moving ears.
>>
>>52787959
>12-15 it was /mlp/
But you're fucking wrong, retard.
That was the height of /v/ shitting on everything era and sending their retarded diaspora to ruin every single board. We're still dealing with retarded /v/ diaspora on every single board.
>>
>>52787959
>And that's how I know you're a newfag.
Only newfags try to bolster their arguments by calling people newfags, friend.

I'm willing to bet that if we check 4plebs, we'll be able to find many more deleted /pol/ threads than /b/ threads.
>>
>>52782344

/tg/ is on 4chan. If one were being generous, he would say we were ONLY right next door to the asshole of the internet.

It is going to suck for somebody.
Today that somebody is you.

>Every day until you like it.
>>
>>52782983
A medium that has long awaited so perfect a subject as OP.
>>
>>52788008

I'm not talking about what actually happened. I'm talking about who people blamed for the "decline in posting."

>>52788053
>4plebs
You do know it doesn't go back far enough? I'm talking about the time when there was no /pol/.
>>
What's even the point of dicerolls in the options menu anymore?
No one uses it since all the quests left. All we have are autistic crunch arguments. I remember a modder for TW:WH asking for lore information in the WHFB general, getting no responses and then fucking off somewhere else.
>>
>>52788177

Fuck off questfag. We got rid of your kind because it was killing /tg/.
>>
>>52788196
>das rite, we are better now
Yes, the creativity is just brimming with all those pepes and wojacks.
>>
>>52787939
>cum is an interesting trait
>>
File: 1481224204922.jpg (118KB, 1100x698px) Image search: [Google]
1481224204922.jpg
118KB, 1100x698px
>>52788215
>implying there wouldn't be a pepe and wojack pantsu quest #761359
You know it's true.
>>
>>52788006
I didn't know I needed that but I need it.
>>
>>52782344
Having been posting on this board for years at this point, the only difference is less quests threads, less elf slut threads, and more b8 threads like this one
>>
>>52782479
(you)
>>
>>52782763
This is so obviously a post from someone who goes on /pol/. All of the cancerous /pol/ shit created the anti-/pol/ shit. /pol/ has had an exclusively negative effect on /tg/ over the last few years
>>
File: 1481082225092.jpg (80KB, 445x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481082225092.jpg
80KB, 445x720px
>>52782344
>What the fuck were you guys doing while I was in the sandbox?
Thank you for your service.
>>
>>52788135
>You do know it doesn't go back far enough? I'm talking about the time when there was no /pol/.

And I'm talking about how you're full of shit. I said
>I'm willing to bet that if we check 4plebs, we'll be able to find many more deleted /pol/ threads than /b/ threads.

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/deleted/deleted/type/op/

Let's take a look at the archives from the past few months. Oh look, two of the three most recently-deleted threads were /pol/shit. Scrolling down (still on page 1), we also have

>feminism thread
>gays thread
>Trump thread
>straight white male thread

Not seeing a lot of /b/tard threads in the deleted list, just /pol/shit.
>>
>it's another 'faggot who never once made OC cries about the lack of OC' metathread
Be the change you wanna see in the board, fuckface. Crying about what used to be won't make this board better, and instead of making an actual quality thread you dropped trou and released this diarrhea instead.

Fucking faggots the lot of you.
>>
>>52782479
The userbase of /tg/ was always mainly millenials. 4chan is not that old. The youngest gen Xers were 25 when the site was created. Moot himself was 15

FYI "millenial" is anyone born after 1982
>>
>>52788251
it would be something more than posting the same wojack-pepe wombo combo.
>>
>>52788444
>post OC
>get banned for 48 hours.
no thanks.
>>
>>52788572
What?
>>
>>52788572
What is the 'OC' you posted?

This sounds like an argument you just use so you don't need to post an example of OC, because you're 'afraid you'll get banned for it again.'
>>
>>52787399
Unfortunately even /a/ recognizes how bad their quests were and can /a/utistically screech louder than any two other boards so they get their way.
>>
>>52788572
Are you the Bajoran Helmet guy?
>>
>>52782344
>It's worse than /k/, /v/, or even /pol/.
And how would you come to know how bad those boards are?
>>
>>52789107
He said OC, not copypasta.
>>
>>52782479
Boone quest was the shit
>>
>>52788444
>Be the change you wanna see in the board, fuckface.

I would, but I'd get banned if I made a quest thread.
>>
>>52789653
You have an extra word there.

>Boone quest was shit.

That fixes it.
>>
>>52789423
>/v/ is having a comfy BW thread where anons are playing UMS games,

>/tg/ has a bunch of half dead threads,
>>
>>52782344
Roughly around when /qst/ formed/
>>
>>52784736
Quest are gone, but the CYOA cancer remains, even less effort.
>>
At this point I am just waiting for the storythreads to be deleted.
Then we can make memes that hiro can sell in peace.
>>
>>52789887
This is true. /tg/ will never have good OC until all OC is gone from the board.
>>
File: Stop And Think.png (61KB, 1072x364px) Image search: [Google]
Stop And Think.png
61KB, 1072x364px
>>
>>52790032
Jumpchain CYOA is in it's 1451st iteration.
What's Original?
>>
>>52782344

Quests happened, but the problem with quests was that there were just too many. I never looked at quests, they don't really interest me. I was fine letting them exist alongside the board initially, but the problem is we are limited to 10 pages. Once quests started becoming super popular, they took up more and more board real estate. When half the board ended up being quest threads and cyoa (some good, some meh, some bad, some fledgling and just being hopelessly bumped by the ignored creator), half the slower threads could no longer exist.

As a result, people with niche interests made generals. Generals meant they could still talk about their less popular topics in peace and know that a thread would be up when they had time to browse. The problem is that the whole quest and general thing went on for so long, a lot of people don't even look at /tg/ as a whole anymore. When I go on /tg/, I just search for the generals that interest me, open them up, and sit in them. I'm not looking for other threads about Wargame X anymore, because Wargame X General is the only thread for it. I doubt I'm the only one.

Quests got thrown out and so now has the board has the threat real estate back, but after so many years of quest inflation, I think a lot of users changed how they browsed /tg/. It's not the 2000s anymore, we don't happily go through the pages to find what is interesting anymore. We squat in our generals and let them auto-update.
>>
>>52790032
They don't even play the fucking "games".

It's people rolling stats for themselves and competing to claim X as their waifu.

It's the same level as /b/ faproulette.
>>
>>52790150
This.

Two generals, only ever read other thread if I'm way for a (you) to pop.

/tg/ is dying, choking to death on bile and dead memes and there's no saving it because noone cares.

Best we can hope for is something passable will take root int it's rotting corpse.
>>
>>52790150
>half the board

Half the board, 8% of the board, same thing.
>>
>>52790429
>Half the board, 8% of the board, same thing.
Top 8% of the threads are more active and relevant than bottom half of the board
>>
>>52790429
I'm not saying it was always like that, but there definitely times when half the board was quest threads at some points in /tg/ history. It's easy to count when you filter 'quest' and 'cyoa' and it tells you how many threads get hidden due to that. Again, I don't even hate quest threads, and I'm not sure if we got a better deal out of getting rid of them. I don't even know if they replaced better threads (I mean fuck 'See elf wat do' threads), but there were definitely times when quest threads made up a massive part of the total /tg/ thread count.
>>
>>52782344
>Blatantly made-up
>No OC.
You contradict yourself in the same breath. Begone.
>>
>>52788492
I fucking hate being a member of Gen-Y.
>>
>>52788572
Oh Hai bajoran helmet guy.
>>
File: ENDLESS.jpg (10KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
ENDLESS.jpg
10KB, 236x236px
>>52782344
>Can we fix this?
Yes.

>If so, how?
The passage of time.
>>
>>52790750
This. Just wait for someone else who likes quest threads to become a mod on /tg/.
>>
>>52790429
Again, you can't compare "8% of all threads ever" to "50% of the threads at any one point in time". There could be thousands of threads appearing and dying while the 50% stay there to their bump limit, lowering their average global presence.
>>
File: One_True_Flare.jpg (374KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
One_True_Flare.jpg
374KB, 1000x1000px
>>52787121
>>52787136
What we really need is more Flare.

I am a sucker for /tg/ salvaging terrible things and making them awesome.
>>
>>52790750
this, completely and utterly this, everyones being a faggot still pissed any change what so ever came too the board.
>>
>>52790804
I don't know what to tell you, man. This >>52787571 is objective proof that in the period from 2010-2016, an average of 8% of threads on /tg/ were quest threads. You're saying that there were points when 50% of the board was quest threads, but you're just relying on people to take your word for it. If you care to provide proof to back up your statement, please do.
>>
>>52791061
I think he means that lots of regular threads are stillborn and fall of the board with few replies while many quests chains had huge staying power. Therefore "8% of the threads" doesn't describe their presence correctly, it underplays quest presence heavily even considering some short lived quests.
>>
>>52791173
>stillborn and fall of the board with few replies
Guess why that was?
Hint: it wasn't because they were good.
>>
>>52782390
>Right balance between shitposting and funposting
As in, othing /tg/ related.

>lots of creativity-focused threads
what creativity? Anythignt hat treies to be created dies in hours, and doesn't have any actual OC.

>a definite board culture,
If you like /pol/, sure.

>very comfy and I love lurking
Because you don't actually care about /tg/ at all and enjoy watching the shitflinging idiots that post stupid stat mes, /pol/bait, and tryhard "make /tg/ great again" failthreads.
>>
>>52782344
The stories were always made up. There's drawthreads every day. You keep being told it's all nostalgia because it is.
>>
>>52791227
So, why were quests able to stay up?
>>
>>52790093
Jumpchain is autistic garbage.
>>
>>52786320
hint: it wasn'r /wst/ that was the actual problem but the people who hated it so much they falseflagged it so much to get it banned. it worked, and no writefags come to /tg/ - the storythread is shit compared to what it used to be, because writefags know better than to come to /tg/,
>>
>>52791326
>So, why were quests able to stay up?
Quest threads were extremely popular with the /tg/ crowd, provided that they didn't have to go to another board to find one they were interested in.
>>
>>52791326
Because they were able to attract a small but loyal fanbase who was willing to bump them whenever the OP dropped the next thread on them?
>>
>>52787630
You clearly are a newfag, since PF players have never had dignity or a reputation. People hate them so much they say playing it causes brain damage.
>>
>>52782344
>I don't contribute and just complain, the post
>>
>>52782763
I wish we could go back to the days when people knew not to take anything on 4chan seriously. For the life of me I don't know why people get so invested in shit posted on a Pakistani charcoal drawing board. We are literally all nameless, faceless voices shouting whatever the hell we want into the digital void. 4chan is the social equivalent of infinite monkeys on infinite typewriters. Why do people care so much about what we say?
>>
>>52791546
Ask the mods who listened to a literal vocal minority to get quests banned, anon.
>>
>>52791326
Because for every line of text the GM provided, a dozen regular autists answered "Option 1!!!" or some such everytime. Don't need many posters to do this, and it doesn't guarantee there are many readers either.
>>
>>52782344
>Blatantly made up stories
There were always stories like this.

>No OC
This one's not true.

>No drawfagging
There's certainly not much, but I think I see some once in a blue moon.

>Worse than /k/, /v/, or even /pol/
That's certainly not true. Have you SEEN /pol/ in the last year? Good god, the horrors.
>>
>>52782705
This. This, for any board that you happen to take part in.
>>
>>52782344
I would say >inb4
but I know for a fact without looking that by 193 posts, that faggot has shown and is trying to make this about quests being thrown off /tg/.

When in reality, /tg/ has been going down this road since the purges of 2010. It's been a very gradual thing.
>>
>>52787840
>Not knowing about Furry Fridays.
I remember that and Furry Fridays became a floodgate of The Abyss, The Void, The Warp, The Cenobites Dimension, Abbadon, Desponthos, The Nine Hells, The Plateau of Leng, The Dead Lights and The Night Land.
>>
>>52791724
This makes it sound like something we need.
>>
>>52791365
Just like quests.
>>
File: Dabomb.gif (2MB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dabomb.gif
2MB, 480x300px
>>52791757
>>
>>52782344
>insanely narcissistic blog-style posts written by spergs

Oh, the irony!
>>
I blame the mods that came in in the early 2010s and started moderating all over the place.
>>
>>52790177
That's still original content. It's user-created content designed for other users of the board to enjoy.

It might not be sophisticated enough for your patrician tastes but it still counts as OC. OC you dislike still counts as OC.

The question that you, and everyone else that is upset is asking is "Why isn't /tg/ the way I want it to be?"
>>
>>52782763
/pol/ is a massive problem, and I'm not just talking about the thinly-veiled /pol/shit threads. Or even about the constant hijacks every time some /pol/tard gets triggered by something that vaguely looks multicultural. I'm talking about the pervasive attitude /pol/tards bring into every thread. The weird human supremacist shit that gets crammed into any thread about other species. The vitriolic attitude towards anyone who isn't white, straight, male, and either atheist or Murican Protestant. The obsession with cuckoldry and sexual purity. The use of /pol/ terminology like nu-X. Take a step back and really look, and you'll see how pervasive /pol/ has really become.

Our board culture is being eroded by endless stream of alt-right assholes, and the more welcome they feel, the worse things are going to get.
>>
>>52786349
>ALL OC IS WORTHWHILE OC
Plebbit mentality.
>>
>>52782344

We still get creativity. We had a good burst of it over the winter, though things have slowed down a bit.

Speaking of I still hold hope that Batavianon will return and finish his work.
>>
>>52782705

What if you tried thst and ultimately failed?
>>
>>52782344
>blatantly made-up stories
>not OC
huh?
>>
File: HighHeresy.jpg (133KB, 620x609px) Image search: [Google]
HighHeresy.jpg
133KB, 620x609px
>>52788444
I always thought making OC threads was considered high heresy/faggotry
>>
>>52787923
Ribbon is /tg/'s shining ray of hope and dreams.
>>
>>52793892

Only if they suck.
>>
>>52788367

Are you stupid? I can cherry pick too. Yes, /pol/ has a tendency to shitpost. No, it's not a big deal, because unless you're on NIGGERTITS 24/7, the odds of you seeing a /pol/ thread are slim to none.
>>
>>52791724

You're still being an autistic roleplayer. Please stop, you're making me embarrassed on your behalf.
>>
>>52792746

No, it really isn't. The /pol/ bogeyman is the problem. Refer to my previous post: >>52787959
There's always been the cry of
>the cancer killing /tg/
(which, incidentally, is lifted straight from /b/)

But the thing is, proportionally speaking, the amount of troll/bait/shit threads is very small. Instead, take a long, good, hard look at yourself and what YOU have been posting, and realize that the problem isn't some nebulous outside force. It's YOU.
>>
>>52793742
There is no ultimate fail state. You failed because you gave up. The board is shit because many people gave up
>>
Is there even a good reason to use the roll feature left?
>>
>Questfags still SEETHING
lmao
>>
>>52782935
/tg/ has always been racist, xenophobic, and misogynistic.

It comes with being part of 4chins.
>>
>>52791061
Fuck quests and fuck you.
>>
>>52795102
4chan has always been edgy but politics were irrelevant until around 2010 when suddenly, there was a massive culture backlash against anything to do with the left.
>>
>>52782344

tumblr leaked here
>>
>>52795129
I'm more prone to believe >>52795135

I remember nazi elves and dindu orcs and shit way back in the day. People just lol'd and kept going.

Now anything that might have political connotations, in either direction, gets shit for just existing.
>>
File: 517.jpg (9KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
517.jpg
9KB, 248x233px
>>52787662
>>
File: Providence_Portrait.png (3KB, 239x239px) Image search: [Google]
Providence_Portrait.png
3KB, 239x239px
>>52786587

/v/ is shit, but the /agdg/ threads on /vg/ have released some pretty decent stuff, and at least one really awesome thing.
>>
>>52795167
I don't recall it. Nigger was an edgy word, used as a way of rebelling and just as casual racism because fuck yeah, it's 4chan, we can do whatever want.

The whole 'dindu' concept didn't come around until way later. There were caricatures of black people but they were never hostile or aggressive caricatures until the 2010s. They were just mocking, in the way that 4chan mocked everything. Then that turned into genuine racial hatred later down the line.
>>
>>52795250
Source on that pic?
>>
>>52795322
>this dumb nigger
Any racial hatred was entirely imagined by you because you're a goof
>>
I think a fair amount of the problem right now is that the current board state is just generals threads. The overall quality of posting hasn't gone down, in my experience, but there's less cross-pollination now than there was before.

And I do think the brief stint where quests were overwhelming the front page was a pretty big part of that. There used to be a time I could make a thread to talk about some idea I had for my pathfinder setting, and the whole thread would (slowly) fill up with a bunch of anons giving their ideas, even people who didn't play PF. Hell, I opened a lot more 40k themed threads in that time due to the apparent direction they had gone in after 100 posts towards general brainstorming. When the front pages got taken over, threads like these got rolled together into the ubiquitous generals we have now (before, generals were pretty exclusive to niche games or systems). That's where most of the quality posters are now.

But that leads to the current problem: stagnation. A startling lack of new content, and a growing divide as groups continue to self-isolate. The board as a whole needs some way to churn up the people who are already here, or to bring in new blood.
>>
>>52795345
Risk of rain final boss.
>>
File: dancing cactus.gif (257KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dancing cactus.gif
257KB, 480x360px
It's pretty much the same as it has been, you just catalogue the good memories and discard the neutral/bad stuff as you go along, and therefore the past always seems more pleasant.

t. been here since 2006

>>52795322
The racism has been real from the start, you just thought it was ironic because you wanted it to be ironic
>>
>>52795472
People said nigger because a) it's funny and b) it gets a rise out of people. If you felt offended by it then you really aren't cut out for 4chan honeybear.
>>
>>52795472

>The racism has been real from the start

Not that guy, but I don't believe it. Just like how 4chan appends -fag to everything, while simultaneously being one of the gayest websites I've ever been to. I'm pretty sure it's just a part of the pseudo edgy culture of the site.
>>
/qst/ is a bad board. As much as I like quests and civ threads, merging the boards now would be a bad idea.

Heck, I started writing and publishing because I'd rather do that than browse /qst/.
>>
when moot abandoned the site years back a lot of people left for other websites and forums. There was no migration, old/tg/ scattered. I was gone for long too but I came back because it's one of the more active and broad tabletop imageboards imo.

Questfaggots ran rampant but banning them outright also proved to have bad effects because a lot of the ideafags/writefags left. What should've happened when the questfags got out of hand was to limmit a number of quest threads on /tg/, it would have been better at regulating the problem.
>>
>>52795065
Oh shut up. You guys spent almost a decade whining and bitching and ban-evading and you're STILL starting threads just to whine about Quests.
>>
>>52795651
Hey, you wanted everyone who participated in quests gone. Now they're gone. Enjoy your bland, rehashed, stultified board of /pol/ and disinterest.
>>
>>52782344
>When did /tg/ get so pretentious as a board? What the fuck happened? Everywhere I look, there are blatantly made-up stories, no OC, no drawfagging, and these insanely narcissistic blog-style posts written by spergs who think being willing to bite the GM bullet makes them God Almighty. It's worse than /k/, /v/, or even /pol/

Where the fuck are you looking? All I see is Monster Girl threads, Tower Girls, MTG #1, MTG #2, Warhammar, Secondary RPG thread of the day, Made-Saw-Played, and complain post of the day (This post).
Whatever the fuck you are looking at, point me too it. I'll take it!
>>
>>52795472
I wouldn's say so. There are too many generals now that the quests are gone, and they bring the same problems as quests did, namely insular communities within a slower board.
The population seems to be too fragmented, which introduces creative decay within an imageboard.
>>
>>52795708
even in this state /tg/ is better than when questfags ran rampant. All you do is reaffirm what I already thought.
>>
>>52792727
>Taste is entitlement

Fuck off, anon. Quests were awful content. CYOA is even worse. If you think they have some inherent worth to them maybe go and demonstrate it. Show us a quest that isn't hot garbage, or a CYOA that is something other than a non-game.

If you could, you wouldn't need to use >muh 8% arguments
>>
>>52795530
>>52795548
Are you actually going to try and argue calling people niggers isn't racist because you want it to be fun?
>>
File: Get up angry marine.gif (46KB, 612x456px) Image search: [Google]
Get up angry marine.gif
46KB, 612x456px
>>52796293
It is fun you dumb fucking nigger.
>>
File: 1408794885254.jpg (64KB, 440x449px) Image search: [Google]
1408794885254.jpg
64KB, 440x449px
>>52795976
>Show us a quest that isn't hot garbage
Why bother when you will just claim it's shit no matter what?
>>
>>52796293
The only people offended by words are special snowflakes who are in dire need of a deflated ego anyways. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other websites where nigger doesn't come up in casual conversation.
>>
>>52796318
>>52796372
You know it is racist though right?
>>
>>52796408
Who gives a shit?
>>
I've always thought the board got worse when this wave of "generals" started instead of people just making threads about stuff they wanted to take about for the moment. It breeds a certain kind of tryhardness, makes it very tough for new people to get interested, and brings that shitty forum mentality with loads of tripfags and drama, the kind of shit you go to 4chan to avoid. Always having a 40k thread up or a shadowrun thead or a fucking jumpchain (I still have no fucking idea what it is, something about naruto? Must have seen that ugly picture thousands of times by now) even though there isn't anything to write about it is completely pointless, people just hang around creating drama and other shit.
>>
>>52796459
>People said nigger because a) it's funny and b) it gets a rise out of people. If you felt offended by it then you really aren't cut out for 4chan honeybear.
>The racism has been real from the start
>Not that guy, but I don't believe it.

At least stormfags admit to being racist.
>>
>>52796554
fun fact: the racism was probably for fun in the beginning, but people get more racist with time and more and more negative experiences with other races. Especially in this day and age when people can literally point at statistics from the DoJ where it's clear as day there's a wild difference between races.
>>
>>52796570
So are you racist or what?
>>
>>52796589
I wouldn't call myself a racist, but you would probably.
>>
>>52796632
>"Only faggots think we shouldn't liquidate the untermenschen."
>>
>>52796662
if you say so.
>>
>>52796632
So you just say nigger on the internet in your safe place. For fun. Cute.
>>
>>52796678
see
>>52796676
any more words you want to put in my mouth?
>>
>>52782344
Most of the /tg/ oldfags bailed to 4+4chan after the Nazi mod bullshit, where 8/tg/ slowly dissolved from gradual loss of activity.

Now there's only a handful of oldfags left in a sea of newfags who think that they're being fa/tg/uys when they're really just ledditors and other such types colonizing /tg/'s decrepit remains.

It sucks, but that's just the reality of it. /tg/ as we knew it effectively died with the Nazi mod debacle.
>>
>>52796746
how about
>I'm so stupid I don't think saying nigger is racist
>>
>>52796783
What's racist about calling a spade a spade?
>>
>>52796783
Nowadays, citing high crime rates in urban environments is enough to be called a racist.

When everything's racist, nothing's racist.
>>
>>52796809
>>52796836
I'm not making moral claims about racism. Don't give a shit about that. Its fascinating watching you both twist so much about this though.

You want to have it both ways. You want to be able to be racist without being judged for it.
>>
>>52796876
Hey man, if your only qualifier for being racist is if I use the word nigger, then yes, definitely, I am racist in your eyes. I don't consider myself racist though.
>>
>BBEG
>>
>>52796876
>Don't give a shit about that.
>Which is why I'm still posting about how racist you are.
The only reason you think it's racist is because you think that it's racist, so stop being a faggot and accept that it's just a word nigger.
>>
>>52796934
Explain how calling someone a nigger isn't racist.
>>
>>52796973
Well you're a nigger and I doubt you're black.

So what now.
>>
>>52796961
nah making white uncomfortable is a perverse joy
>>
>>52796993
What do you think the word means? You're referencing a race as a pejorative.
>>
>>52796973
Why should I? You're both very confrontational and deadset that I'm a racist. Can't be assed, sorry.
>>
>>52797026
It means you're a nigger.

Hold that L.
>>
>>52797038
Making you uncomfortable by being confrontational in your hugbox? Hurt your feefees?
>>
>>52796876
Nah m8, they're calling out the inability to cite certain objective facts without being labeled a racist.

Stating that blacks account for a majority of crime in urban areas is a fact (albeit one that neglects mention of a few key factors such as socioeconomic status), yet it is still guaranteed to get you labeled a racist if you ever acknowledge it exists, even if you have no racial prejudices whatsoever.

>>52796973
>>52797026
While the act in itself is racist that doesn't mean that the person doing it is necessarily racist.

I can call you a faggot without hating gays, I can call you a bitch without hating women, and I can call you a nigger without actually being a racist.
>>
>>52797026
No, that's you because you have a bigoted mindset.

We are beyond races, you are still a nigger.
>>
>>52797026
>What do you think the word means?
The word nigger actually means "ignorant person." It wasn't originally a black thing until slave owners started using the word to describe blacks, much like how the swastika was a holy symbol until NAZI's used it during WWII.
>>
>>52797067
The sad part is that you think you're being clever by talking like a retard but it only makes you look worse.
>>
>>52797067
>4chan
>a hugbox
Spotted the Redditor.
>>
>>52797096
The retard-talk is a hallmark of SJWism.

They do it because they think it makes their opposition sound infantile without realizing how it makes them sound themselves.
>>
File: state of tg compilation.png (759KB, 1920x3000px) Image search: [Google]
state of tg compilation.png
759KB, 1920x3000px
>>
>>52797026
Most people use the word nigger to mean "shitty black person". Just like how all white people aren't rednecks, but you need to be white to be a redneck.
Every black person isn't a fucking nigger, but being black is one of the prerequisites.
>>
>>52797116
Well, obviously. Since Redditors and newfags can't actually defend from the accusation that Reddit is a hugbox with its upboats and mods, they just try to use the term willy nilly to try and devalue it.
>>
>>52797086
How do you think people mean it here?

>>52797072
The way people tend to discus socioeconomic and cultural demographics involving race hinges on something specific about their blood, soul, dna, etc. I can see how they get called racist.

Not saying people in different areas aren't different in deep and drastic ways. There's all kinds of shit about white culture I dislike.

How are you separating action from being? Being a racist doesn't mean you're just a racist, or are always one.
>>
>>52797144
I guess so, you would know, Redditor.

I know nothing of that place.
>>
>>52797149
>How do you think people mean it here?
Does it matter?
>>
>>52797154
I was once linked a thread where Bruce Campbell answered questions from users. I found the format to be frustrating and the people to be insufferable. That's the extent of my reddit experience.
>>
>>52782344
/tg/ has moved beyond the need for "OC". We've matured enough as a board to recognize that the only way to really appreciate any game is via ironic contempt for the game itself. You can't really grasp a hobby until you realize it is beneath you.
>>
>>52797149
>How do you think people mean it here?
Doesn't fucking matter how people use it here because people misuse words for easy bait all the fucking time. Do you think the definition of "objectively" changed just because a few faggots decided to conflate it to mean "my personal taste which is inherently better than yours" or something to that effect?

The only reason you thinks it's racist is because you think it's racist, much like how feminists think that a video game character wearing a metal bikini is sexist just because it depicts an attractive woman in revealing clothing.
>>
>>52797166
It is what we're talking about.
>>
>>52797202
And that matters?
>>
>>52797190
Words have descriptive and prescriptive meaning that vary in regions and change over time. Are you trying to say your definitions are more correct? What would be racist or sexist?
>>
>>52797216
Not even a little bit, but we keep doing it.
>>
File: 1458610747247.png (444KB, 1024x887px) Image search: [Google]
1458610747247.png
444KB, 1024x887px
>>52784675
(1/2)
>>
>>52797149
Action doesn't necessarily reflect the obvious being or intent, such as if a person calls you a nigger with the intent of shocking or offending you rather than intending on literally comparing you negatively to a black person.

Which is, conveniently enough, how it is commonly used on 4chan, like with the word "faggot". I guarantee many of the people calling each other faggots don't hold gays in any particular good or ill regard, they say it because it is an offensive slur, not because it disparages gays specifically.
>>
>>52797246
No, I think YOU keep doing it. You are the only one interested in this which you claim doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1472577994806.png (87KB, 992x860px) Image search: [Google]
1472577994806.png
87KB, 992x860px
>>52784675
(2/2)
>>
>>52797232
Not him but I know the answers to those, one means "I like to troll people on the internet" and the other one means "I'm seriously just an idiot" Much like the word islamophobia. Buzzwords with no worthwhile meaning,
>>
>>52797232
>What would be racist or sexist?

Technically it would be "linguist".
>>
>>52797257
I'm interested in what you think. I don't think it matters though.
>>
File: 1473037071913.png (35KB, 884x740px) Image search: [Google]
1473037071913.png
35KB, 884x740px
>>52784675
(3/2)
>>
>>52797296
Why? Are you the FBI that you took internet on a random person on the internet that you don't know or have met?

Is this some sort of social blog website to you where having to meet the other individual is a necessity to you?

Again, does it matter?
>>
File: 1488250385218.png (521KB, 788x739px) Image search: [Google]
1488250385218.png
521KB, 788x739px
>make content you want to see
>don't give up after five minute and go back to bitching
>don't reply to bait
>don't reply to bait
you dense motherfucker stop replying to bait god damn
>if you feel your dick is affecting your posts, jerk off then come back
>go out and play a /tg/ game occasionally
>learn to draw, write, paint with quality, or some other skill that improves your /tg/ experience
>pump the breaks on senseless pessimism
>don't reply to bait

We've been having a lot of these threads lately, so it's obvious anons have been wanting a change, but until everyone stops wasting their time getting into internet slapfights and start making shit then nothing is going to change.
>>
>>52797310
>internet
Interest, the first internet was meant to be interest.
>>
File: 1454808176316.jpg (94KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1454808176316.jpg
94KB, 894x894px
>>52784675
(4/2)
>>
>>52797256
It seems like the offensive/shocking part of calling someone a nigger is tied with negative conceptions of blackness. Is it that easy to separate intent from effect?
>>
>>52797350
>is tied with negative conceptions of blackness
Problem on the receptor's ends, not the emissary.
>>
>>52797310
>You caught me, I'm the fbi here to bust you for saying nigger.

Someone said something interesting, I'm asking questions about it. It doesn't matter. You don't have to answer.
>>
>>52797372
So your composition is entirely internally defined? Or is it an error in representation?

If it isn't tied with those conceptions, why use it as a word at all? What is it tied with? Or are you going towards having a preferred definition that other people just aren't using?
>>
>>52797372
So too is the pain of being stabbed a problem of the receptor's end. Some individuals are born with a genetic defect such that they have nociceptors (e.g. the things in your skin that allow you to feel pain); would that justify them to go around cutting people?
>>
>>52797411
There's a difference between being stabbed and having someone say a "bad word" in your presence.
>>
>>52797411
There is a disco with flash lights and looks of colors going fast as fuck.

There is an epilepsy guy.

The disco triggers the epilepsy of the guy.

Is the disco meant to change its ways for the epilepsy guy? No, fuck the mentally ill genetically malformed human waste. The disco does its thing, and if the epilepsy guy can't handle it he walks away like they already do.

Disco: Emissary
Sickfuck: Receptor

>>52797408
Goes for you too.
>why use it as a word at all
Because people feel like it. Meme is a worthless fucking word and everyone uses it.
>>
>>52797350
I see now. The problem is that you are misattributing their logic in choosing to use a certain type of insult.

You are assuming that they are doing so based on their internal regard for the group it attacks, whereas such insults are instead commonly chosen based on the reaction they intend to evoke in the person they're speaking to.

In other words, people say shit like that to deliberately offend you, regardless of what their personal thoughts on the matter are, and you are hastily assuming that this reflects intrinsic prejudices in their character when in truth it simply reflects their willingness to shock and offend you, regardless of what they do to make that happen.
>>
>>52797375
If it doesn't matter why are you wasting your and everyone else's time on here?
>>
>>52797429
Yes; one is arbitrarily seen as worse despite causing potentially as much damage and the other is not seen as worse.

>>52797448
Flashing lights inside a building is not a political decision, and does not encourage others to flash lights at epileptic people, unlike being racist as a joke in a place where racism is not unanimously agreed upon to actually be bad, which encourages people to be genuinely racist.
>>
>>52797505
You can die from being stabbed, you won't die because someone said "nigger" around you.
>>
>>52797505
Yeah, no, only somebody who's mentally unstable would be "injured" by being called a nigger.
>>
>>52797505
>Flashing lights inside a building is not a political decision
And?
>which encourages people to be genuinely racist.
And?

>using sunscreen encourages others to be genuinely worried about the sun
It doesn't. Every person can think for themselves and chooses to talk the way they feel like it. Much like you do among other people here.

You are not better, smarter, or more interesting than anyone else here. So this imaginary people you are so eager to protect, don't actually exist. Because people choose how to behave, and the internet doesn't mold anyone to change their ways.

Murderers don't gather in a secret murderer's club where they recruit more murderers, they were always murderers, nothing changed their ways, nothing could fix them, they were always going to kill.
>>
>>52797505
>Yes; one is arbitrarily seen as worse despite causing potentially as much damage and the other is not seen as worse.
No matter how much someone shouts nigger at you, you won't die. You are stupid.
>>
>>52797448
You're about to go solipsism with word meaning. Not much to do on the internet after that.

>>52797499
Yeah! They're not really thinking about it structurally at all. I forget people don't do that. Neat. Thanks.

>>52797502
Do you think any of the things that were happening in this thread mattered more? I was trying to figure out how/why/what people thought about using pejoratives. Turns out, they might not think about it very much at all. Shit was mad education. At this point I'm mostly done. I'll probably keep poking you just to see if you write back though.
>>
But what do these things have to do with /tg/? Why is "keep /pol/ crap in /pol/" considered a bad meme?
>>
>>52797533
>>52797552
>>52797593
I'm not saying one is directly injured by the action. The action has social consequences which can snowball into the consequence of someone's injury. You should understand a person's position before acting like you've refuted it.

>>52797571
>Every person can think for themselves and chooses to talk the way they feel like it.
Only if you have a reason or impulse against acting how others suggest. Otherwise one chooses, by their own will but under the influence of others, to follow the herd.
>>
>>52797597
If it doesn't matter why do you still reply to me?

>>52797622
Thing is this loser isn't from /pol/, if he was he would be talking about how we aren't banding together to defeat the jews. This loser that brought nonsensical politics that don't matter at all came straight from Reddit.
>>
>>52797658
Why do you still reply to me?

>in truth it simply reflects their willingness to shock and offend you, regardless of what they do to make that happen
I think I'm doing this. Trying it out.
>>
>>52797649
>Only if you have a reason
NO

A person will always act according to how he was raised. You cannot change a person no matter how much you try. The essence of a person will always be the same unless something absolutely drastic happened to him/her, like being raped. A fucking internet forum cannot in any circumstance change a person's essence. You cannot take a soul from a person with words on a fucking paper.
>>
>>52797690
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>52797693
>You cannot take a soul from a person with words on a fucking paper.
Toys be surprised
>>
>>52797649
>muh wider social consequences
>dis shitto agen
Bullshit.

You have no evidence whatsoever that calling people niggers causes hate crime where none would have previously occurred.
>>
>>52797715
Who is Toys and why should I care if he is surprised? I don't give a fuck about your boyfriend.
>>
>>52797709
this guy >>52797499
about what I'm probably doing with this guy >>52797658
>>
>>52797743
Wait so you are saying that this matters then?
>>
>>52797764
I'm saying its interesting. It for sure doesn't matter in any important or profound sense.

The guy who figured out what I was misunderstanding was really helpful though. So that might have been at least useful to me.
>>
>>52797803
Why don't you post about it on your facebook wall instead of here then? Surely your friends will care about your newly acquired knowledge that obviously matters.
>>
>>52797822
>dear facebook, had a really good chat with people on /tg/ about racism
Doesn't seem relevant. Do you think the conversation somehow sank a good thread? What are you getting out of talking to me about this?
>>
>>52797874
>Doesn't seem relevant.
And here it does?
>>
>>52797693
You're willing to be persuaded, right? You don't just believe whatever you want?

http://www.danielgilbert.com/Quoidbach%20et%20al%202013.pdf

>>52797719
Well I have seen evidence that racist language does have an effect on policy endorsements, and shared it before for this same topic, though I may not have it on hand. I do not feel like finding the source again. I just want to ensure both sides of the issue are presented as they would present themselves rather than just how those who out-group them would. Suppose there were social cumulative consequences that resulted in inequality and murder. Would that change your mind about whether or not to use racist language?
>>
>>52797917
It was an opportunity to ask questions about a thing I was curious about. So yes. I can't ask facebook about their intentions behind saying nigger. Doesn't come up there.
>>
>>52797956
So you take any opportunity you have to achieve your goals no matter the context?

Fucking rapist.
>>
>>52797969
The context was brought up by other people. I was curious about it, wasn't sure why, tried to figure it out by asking questions. That's pretty standard. Its a metathread about board culture. No one had to answer me.
>>
>>52797947
>http://www.danielgilbert.com/Quoidbach%20et%20al%202013.pdf
What the fuck is this nonsensical trash? It literally talks nothing about what we are discussing. If you don't know what the essence of a person is, stop fucking posting.

Yes, I liked power rangers when I was 5, now I don't. I change woohoo, I didn't like blonde women when I was 16, now I do. Woohoo I changed. There, summarized your absolutely moronic study in a single paragraph.

Also why the fuck are you here? Clearly this retarded topic interest you a lot. We don't. We don't give a single shit about it. Get the fuck out of this board or hell, website too.
>>
>>52797999
How about you try thinking outside the box before opening your mouth? Don't you know about the social consequences your actions can cause?
>>
>>52798053
You going to report me or what?
>>
>>52798081
I did it a while ago. Before I ever replied. Talking about politics outside of pol is strictly forbidden, and the mods absolutely hate pol shit.
>>
>>52798103
You've done your duty to maintain whatever you think the standard of tg is. Why reply to someone you report at all?
>>
>>52798139
So I can have more material? Plus multiple reports.
>>
>>52798176
You instigate more of what you dislike so you can report it?
>>
>>52798196
So?
>>
>>52798029
Did you even read the abstract?

>"We measured the personalities, values, and preferences of more than 19,000 people who ranged in age from 18 to 68 and asked them to report how much they had changed in the past decade and/or to predict how much they would change in the next decade. Young people, middle-aged people, and older people all believed they had changed a lot in the past but would change relatively little in the future. People, it seems, regard the present as a watershed moment at which they have finally become the person they will be for the rest of their lives. This “end of history illusion” had practical consequences, leading people to overpay for future opportunities to indulge their current preferences."
>values

Beyond the abstract... (1/2)
>>
>>52798228
Did you even read beyond that, plus, can you even understand what they are saying?

Like, do you even understand English?
>>
>>52798242
"Beyond the abstract... (1/2)" means I am about to tell you what else has been said beyond the abstract.
>>
>>52798221
Its a puzzling thing to do. You could just be stupid. But it more seems like you submit false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system.
>>
>>52798270
And yet here you are posting trash. Just post the second part, the first part says absolutely fucking nothing. Kill yourself.
>>
>>52798273
And? That would be my problem to deal with.

By the way, you don't seem to know what a false report or a misclassified report is. Remember, you are the new guy here. I have been here since 2006 when I was a senior in high school. I have been through nearly all the changes the site has been through, including the change of wording in the rules.
>>
>>52798341
I guess we'll have to see.

Is that why this is important to you now?
>>
>>52798294
For fuck's sake I'm just finishing up the second part. I did not have room for the full thing and you keep slinging shit while I am just trying to type.

>>52798228
>>52798242

Beyond the abstract:

>"We performed a regression analysis similar to the ones performed in studies 1 and 2. First, the analysis revealed an effect of decade (b = –0.14, P< 0.001). The older participants were, the less change in preferences they reported or predicted. Second, the analysis revealed the ex-pected effect of condition (b = –0.19, P < 0.001). The bottom panel in Fig. 1 shows this end of history illusion: Predictors aged a years pre-dicted that their preferences would change less over the next decade than reporters aged a+10 years reported that their preferences had changed over the same decade. Finally, the analysis re-vealed a decade × condition interaction (b = 0.07, P < 0.001). Although the magnitude of the end of history illusion decreased as participants got older, it was nonetheless present even in the oldest group of participants (aged 50 and up) (b = –0.08, P < 0.01). Further discussion of this decade × condition interaction can be found in supplementary text 5, and additional details about study 3 can be found in supplementary text 6. The foregoing studies suggest that people underestimate the extent to which their personalities, values, and preferences will change in the future. In study 4, we sought to show that this end of history illusion can have practical consequences. Specifically, we sought to show that because people overestimate the stability of their current preferences, they will overpay for future opportunities to indulge them."

(2/3)
>>
>>52798380
>I guess we'll have to see
We won't actually. The thread reached its limit and I made sure to reply to you only when the thread was ending.

You will never have any power here.
>>
What if we play for it? The winning side is right and the other side forfeits their waifus or whatever.
>>
>>52798402
Nigger read the shit you just posted. This is literal trash. You said it was just 2 parts, now you are preparing the third.

You are just proving you didn't even read it yourself the first time you posted it.

>>52798413
No one fucking cares.
>I make a valuable contribution
What the fuck are you even talking about? This is 4chan. Hellooo, ever heard of the site on the news, youtube, and multiple other websites?
>>
>>52798029
I'm not going to leave for presenting each side fairly. I am making a valuable contribution. I don't talk about politics unless others bring them up, and when they do I intend to present each side as they see themselves if they make sense to me. I don't profess to know what is right with 100% certainty; that would be hypocritical for anyone. But I have some clues worth considering.
(3/3)

>>52798402
By "did not have room" I meant I had reached the character limit.
>>
>>52798451
What are you doing? Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>52798404
Does anyone have power here? Do you think you're protecting /tg/ from whatever you think I am representative of? We can hold hands until we fall off the board if you want.
>>
>>52798464
>Does anyone have power here?
A shitload, one of the secret boards have an excessive amount of power on the mods.
>>
>>52798448
I had to prepare a third because I had to make more space to address your whining.

>>52798459
There were some mistakes in my post, so I deleted it and reposted with corrections. People do that all the time here.
>>
>>52798479
>People do that all the time here.
No, it's just you.

People that actually browse this shithole knows there is no reason to delete a post, and there is no reason to saveface, because you are fucking anonymous.

Yet here you are again, instead of posting a third, and you have yet to admit that you even read the second part or understood what it meant.

Oh what would we do without you?! You are sooo important and interesting. Absolutely pathetic. Thanks for the fucking laugh.
>>
>>52798475
I actually laughed out loud.
>>
>>52798521
Go and ask /pol/ which board should be nuked. If the shills don't overrun the thread you would easily get the name of the secret board.
>>
File: 1463133166796.jpg (18KB, 367x271px) Image search: [Google]
1463133166796.jpg
18KB, 367x271px
>>52798508
>>People do that all the time here.
>No, it's just you.
>Oh what would we do without you?! You are sooo important and interesting. Absolutely pathetic. Thanks for the fucking laugh.
I have attached an image to this post indicating my reaction to the quoted text.

>>52798508
>Yet here you are again, instead of posting a third, and you have yet to admit that you even read the second part or understood what it meant.
Check the corrected post right here >>52798451
>>
>>52798479
You have attached an image of your age, that much is true.
>pokemon
Come ooon.
>>
>>52798541
Is the secret shadowboard /jew/?
>>
>>52798632
not even close, dude how new are you? The secret boards have no relation to any public board.
>>
>>52798664
It was sarcasm about asking /pol/ about a secret shadow controlling board.
>>
>>52798664
Isn't the secret board ded as fuck right now and for the past 3 days or so?
>>
>>52798701
It's not shadow for anyone that knows how 4chan works. How do you think new boards are made? Out of thin air with no community input just because the owner feels like it? Wrong.
>>
>>52798727
I keep hearing that, but I'm too lazy to check it myself. That shitty place is honestly worse than the pokemon board. I prefer to not know.

Nearly 3AM so gotta go and work tomorrow. See ya bro, I leave you with the autist.
>>
>>52798734
Do people think the internet springs from nothingness? Of course there are design, deliberation and controls.

So I guess you'll have to go to your secret club and ban me? Do you think they're here right now, watching us? Why would they care?
>>
>>52798756
Secret board?
>>
>>52795250
HOST
WHEN
Thread posts: 371
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.