[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, which version of Gulliman is better, the 30k version or the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: guilliman-new.jpg (135KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
guilliman-new.jpg
135KB, 1000x1000px
So, which version of Gulliman is better, the 30k version or the 40k version. I don't mean which one is a larger block of cheese (that goes to the 40k version, no contest), I mean which one integrates gameplay and story better.
>>
>>52754499
30k version is Gulliman the world builder and statesman, 40k version is Gulliman as the Son of the Emperor and demi-god of war.
Both version are good, but they're going for two entirely separate things. Honestly even though they're the same guy, it feels like apples and oranges. I'm not really a fan of either model, but that's just me. They're good, but not my thing.
>>
>>52754615
The 40k model is objectively not a good model.

It's just not. Even as a demigod of war.
>>
>>52754634
It's not SO bad. I'll admit it's grown on me since it was first revealed and I've never seen it irl however.

I fucking hated it when it came out. Way too much in the Sigmar-style of "SHIT, JUST CRAM IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE".
At the very least it seems like good conversionbait. I think if you toned/filed down some of the filigree and reposed the legs he'll look pretty good, or at the very least less busy.
I fucking hate the bare head. It looks like his face is melting off his skull. I'd go helmeted every time, even though the giant chest and arms will make the tiny head and chicken leads stand out more.
>>
>>52754634
It looks much better with the helmet but it's far too large. You can see from the size of his head that his whole body is contained in the carapace and it's just daft.
>>
>>52754790
Yeah just took a good look at the face for the first time and it's awful. It looks like he just smelled his own fart that's been trapped in his suit.

What happened to Marneus Calgar in all of this? I haven't read any of the books
>>
>>52754499

Newboat is far more powerful in close combat than Oldboat. His FnP 4+ is better than IWND as well, not to mention the self-rez. The problem as a MC is he needs a formation to keep him safe as he walks across the field. His armor also looks trash, though all you need to do is file off the tentacley detail.

Oldboat is an army buffer, but can make for a more effective deathstar with a spartan and invictarii.
>>
>>52755501
Calgar is remained ruling 500 worlds.
>>
File: 1486368659802.png (3MB, 1727x2947px) Image search: [Google]
1486368659802.png
3MB, 1727x2947px
>>52755718
Do we have an equivalent of pic related for the following books?
>>
>>52755571
Leave it to Shas to mis-read

>>52754499
I mean, both have good bits, the first-emerged, largely robotic, MASSIVELY pissed off Guilliman works well, and unquestionably he has a bigger role, but G-money as part of the full set is also nice, where you see how he fits overall
>>
>>52754790
I saw it IRL painted by a GD winner and the face isn't even that bad, the armour feels off tho.
>>
File: 95848372940.png (879KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
95848372940.png
879KB, 1000x1000px
>>52755448
>You can see from the size of his head that his whole body is contained in the carapace

Actually Guilliman is pretty well proportioned since he is about seven heads high.
>>
>>52755718
He also presumably brcomes chapter master again once Bobby G becomes head high Lord again.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.