[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Before I really got into tabletop games I had fun with other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

>Before I really got into tabletop games I had fun with other stuff
>Video games were good
>Could sit around watching a few seasons of whatever and enjoy it
>Start playing tabletop games with friends
>Now I sit around in boredom waiting for the next time we're getting together to play tabletop games whenever I have free time

How do you deal with this /tg/?
>>
File: 1455523910410.jpg (214KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1455523910410.jpg
214KB, 600x620px
>>52747349
Learn to GM and run your own games, players are a dime a dozen and you'll have something to do every time you have free time.

You're not one of those lazy anon's who only ever wants to be a player, right?
>>
>>52747393
>players are a dime a dozen
sure. players who wear steampunk goggles or quote doctor who.

players who aren't terrible to be around are rare though.
>>
>>52747393
Sure but we only have the one day for it because our schedules are fucked and it's the only day we all have off

If I be a GM I'm stuck with the hell that is roll20
>>
>>52747393
He did not mention RPGs. He might have meant board, card or miniature games.
Also becoming a GM does nothing if the problem is that you simply cannot get the group together as often as you'd like.
>>52747349
By shitposting on /tg/, obviously.
>>
>>52747349
Join a /tg/-related discord or other community and spend hundreds of hours homebrewing TOTALLY UNIQUE lore for games you will never run, that would require your players to read 900 pages of lore even if you did run a game! Then get praised for it by everyone who hasn't muted your channel yet!

I'm speaking from experience here T-T
>>
>>52747349
No idea family

>Be a GM, many people say quite a good one, rather popular within the local community and online
>Enjoy GMing immensely, even on roll20 because I have a way with players
>Get my wife pregnant
>Get less and less time to game
>Manage to get my dream job
>Before it starts have to move to China for a while
>Have no group, atrocious time zones discrepancy, internet so abysmal that shitposting here is a challenge and most importantly, no time whatsoever to even play a game of magic on MTGO let alone GM a proper RPG

Every single second of my life is misery and pain
>>
>>52747349
Paint miniatures.
>>
>>52747576
>Has a wife
>Life is in misery.

Anon, I'm sad to hear you cannot enjoy the hobby, but life will go on. Besides, you're doing better than half the nerds here who only got their hands. Keep your chin up mate.
>>
File: 1492225950943.png (101KB, 2619x412px) Image search: [Google]
1492225950943.png
101KB, 2619x412px
>>
>>52747349
No idea why you can't enjoy these other forms of entertainment.
>>
>>52747349
I never had a problem with this, are you shure you arnt overrelient on your freinds to have fun? Plus, get into minutures and start painting them, this always kills a few hours for me when im bored, you dont ever really have to play them, just paint
>>
>>52747349
>Same story as OP
>Old DM is working a lot, and studying, no time.
>A DM is you, anon

>Play every 2-3 weeks
>Usually 8-12 hours sessions
>Literally spent every scrap of downtime at home prepping
>All of it
>It's great but holy fuck
>Always low-key stressed
>Players keep messaging me on facebook
>Talk about characters, dreams, items, possible homebrew, motivations
>My life is now one long, stressful TTRP session, interspersed with copious amounts of homework
>I am okay with this
>>
>>52747970
Roll20 has its gems
>>
>>52748117
tbqh that sounds amazing to me anon
>>
>>52748117
>my life is consumed by a fun hobby that I enjoy
Keep it like this. Try to cut down the work to reduce your stress level and burnout risk, but otherwise you're doing great.
>>
>>52747349
I got a job. Sitting around in boredom never happened since.
>>
>>52747576
>Before it starts have to move to China for a while
What did you do.
>>
>>52747576
I'm sure things will even out eventually. Don't know what your work is, but I'm sure once you're back in euramerica and your kid's not a toddler things will be easier. My dad worked pretty shit hours and still found time for his hobbies (vidya and making cheesy techno music) despite having four kids. Those are inherently less social activities than ttrpg though.

>>52749461
Presumably it's a prerequisite for his job. I'm also curious what his job is though.
>>
>>52749508
>Presumably it's a prerequisite for his job. I'm also curious what his job is though.
Probably teaching English to Chinese kids. It's a lucrative job for people who are native English speakers.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.