[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say I want a character to have a powered armor/frame with the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 9

File: exoskeleton.jpg (156KB, 1000x496px) Image search: [Google]
exoskeleton.jpg
156KB, 1000x496px
Say I want a character to have a powered armor/frame with the power of goes fast. What way to explain this power would keep the tech level the lowest possible? Since powered exoskeletons replicate the user's movements and thus wouldn't move faster than the user himself, would something like a neural interface that controls the frame directly without needing to move the body work? By the way, when I say going fast I mean human movement, no something like strapping a jet on the back and flying around like Iron Man.

Also, lets have a power armor/exoskeleton thread if you want.
>>
Enough power and reinforcement and you can just take longer strides. Possibly MUCH longer strides.The right kind of strength and stride boosts could keep the step to step timing close enough to a normal walk that you just eat the miles.
>>
>>52744190
You mean the main constriction would be the brain?
You can just say people get used to going at super speeds after a while, neuroplasticity and whatever
>>
File: Poweriser.jpg (20KB, 200x371px) Image search: [Google]
Poweriser.jpg
20KB, 200x371px
>>52744190
Jumping stilts are probably the lowest tech you could go. Those just increase the length of strides that can be made, lets people today run as quickly as low-speed vehicles with low effort. Slap some power onto that and it would work suitably, I think.
>>
>>52744190
I assumed, at least in my setting, that the "light" frames would be not necessarily running but practically leaping off the ground in large strides for long-range runs.
>>
>>52744472
this is the way to go here. A serious enough one of these with a computer to enact the minute shifts that makes for efficient movement could get you going pretty dam fast.
>>
File: 1478909033449.png (2MB, 1272x1722px) Image search: [Google]
1478909033449.png
2MB, 1272x1722px
>>52744190
"This guy has a suit that gives him super speed."
"How though?"
"Shut up. That's how."
>>
>>52744472
Pretty high jumps, too, as the name implies. Someone who's trained with one of these can just move in ridiculous ways, it's fucking beautiful. Silly-looking, but beautiful.
>>
File: dfgdbdvb.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dfgdbdvb.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>52744190
Replace most nerves with atificial fiberglass, using light pulses instead of eletricity will enhance response speed, so quick reflexes and more precision and control on the movements, but they would be still human speed.

If yuo want to make the body go faster you may want to use artificial muscles and bones, with more strenght to make the movements and resistance to not break itself with the insanely fast movement and impact.
Even the human form could be altered in order to make for a faster gait.
>>
>my power armor makes me go fast!

Enjoy obliterating every ounce of cartilage in your body.
>>
>>52744190
>What way to explain this power would keep the tech level the lowest possible?

"It's advanced technology, cleverly designed by the most brilliant inventor and roboticist in the setting. Now shut your fucking mouth and enjoy the robot samurai"
>>
File: 1481187372109.jpg (48KB, 379x697px) Image search: [Google]
1481187372109.jpg
48KB, 379x697px
So how much of the body would need to be covered to get the apporpriate strength enhancing qualities? Further, would extending the materials over the fingers and individual does make a difference?

The idea I'm going for is basically two levels of armor. The first being a sort of "soft" armor that can be worn under uniforms and generally serves for more load bearing properties allowing you to carry heavy loads and wear heavy armor with greater ease while the second layer is used on top and ranges between exo-skeleton to something like the Umebozus from GITS.
>>
File: atlass_by_nomansnodead-d5eqnaz.jpg (158KB, 814x981px) Image search: [Google]
atlass_by_nomansnodead-d5eqnaz.jpg
158KB, 814x981px
>>
>>
>>52744777
>a super suit powered by silence
I like it.
>>
File: 3b5.jpg (54KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
3b5.jpg
54KB, 600x900px
>>52744190
>goes fast
What do you mean with "goes fast"?
Fast sprinting?
Fast martial arts?
Fast break dancing?
All of the above?

Some of it can be done with an exoskeleton but a few things do need cyborg enhancements to work.
>>
File: interex_sagittar_concept.jpg (72KB, 1024x659px) Image search: [Google]
interex_sagittar_concept.jpg
72KB, 1024x659px
Heretech power suit
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.