[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tg/ think of my homebrew Egypt+Incan culture, with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Spiffy Gondola.jpg (207KB, 627x749px) Image search: [Google]
Spiffy Gondola.jpg
207KB, 627x749px
> The Uiderit Sangui are a Human culture that live in the Viridi Peninsula, and the lands and islands surrounding it. They depend on the peninsula’s plentiful rivers to travel and trade, and though a few groups are nomadic, by and large they practice slash-and-burn agriculture, supported by net extensive net fishing. The Uiderit Sangui share a polytheistic belief system called the Verun faith that draws many parallels with earthly hinduism. Religion, and by extension religious myths and festivals, are extremely important to them.
> Uiderit Sanguian society is based around hundreds of independent city states and petty kingdoms made up of a handful of city states, which, due to the five alliances, are in a delicate balance against one another. As a rule, the Uiderit Sangui are humble but proud of their heritage and the feats of their ancestors, tolerant of other races, cultures, and religions as long as their own traditions are left intact, and superstitious to a fault.
>>
and what is the evil hyper-rapist demon worshipping culture that serves as the contrast to your nerds
>>
>>52743550

I haven't gotten that far yet, but I'm planning on making a mysterious Assyrian/Sea-Raider analogue. I already have 14 races, I've only just started worldbuilding. The setting is in the Bronze Age.
>>
>>52743615
sea people are pretty cliche at this point, my man. not that it cliche things still can't be cool, but it can be pretty exhausting to do ANOTHER sea warrior raiding culture
>>
>>52743668

Yeah I know, but they're not generic sea people, I'm going to be throwing in some re-skinned Canaanite elements and a bit of Norse, along with some eldritch water/darkness magic.
>>
You know what? I think I'm going to post what I have so far. Stay tuned.

Wolfmen, Pigmen, Satyrs, and Wildlings are primitive, savage, and ruthless barbarians.

> Wolfmen have extremely keen senses, quick reflexes, and pack instinct that makes them extremely dangerous in small groups. They are more like intelligent animals than people, and are controlled by their predatory instincts. Most Wolfmen tribes wander the frozen wastes and tundra, having been driven from the warmlands millennium ago.

> Pigmen are surprisingly intelligent, often capable of uniting tribes to form chiefdoms and hordes. They are very strong, tough, and bloodthirsty, and settle disputes with violence. Generally, the strongest and most intelligent Pigman rules any given group.

> Satyrs are hedonists, and seek only pleasure and destruction, which they often combine in horrifying ways. They are cunning tricksters, never fight fair, and take any advantage they can get. They are able to navigate the harshest of wildlands with ease, and prefer guerrilla tactics to upfront battle.

> Wildlings are nature spirits given form, and fanatically wage war against civilization as it encroaches on nature. They are able to heal from almost any wound given time, fight with unnatural grace and finesse, and are able to turn nature itself against their foes. They don’t have tribes or civilization, instead acting as a mass of individuals, which makes them extremely
unpredictable.
>>
>>52743804

Oni, Ogres, and Cyclops all descended from the long extinct Giants, and diverged from one another millennium ago. All are 7-8, or 9-10 in the Cyclop’s case, feet tall, and 400-800, or 1,200-2,000 in the Cyclop’s case, pounds heavy.

> Ogres are powerful but dimwitted and gluttonous, requiring the food of ten men each day. Ogre gangs travel from place to place doing the work of twenty men apiece in exchange for the food and drink they desire.
> Oni aren’t as strong as Ogres, but are much more cunning, disciplined, and bloodthirsty. The two subspecies of Oni, blue and red, hate each other and live in separate warring kingdoms. Each kingdom worships its ruling dynasty as the incarnation of their god, and believe that the other kingdom’s ruling dynasty are blasphemous charlatans.
> Cyclops are huge and have one eye, capable of seeing into the past, present, and future, making them powerful magicians and skilled artisans. They prefer to live alone, in solitude. Of the three species descended from the Giants, Cyclops are the closest to their ancestors.
>>
>>52743804
>>52743817

> Gnomes and Hairfoots were once the same species, but diverged into two separate species when an earthquake split their continent in two millennium ago. They both believe themselves to be better than their distant cousins, and have a fiercely competitive rivalry. When they were a single species, they worshipped a pair of twin deities in a single pantheon. In the centuries after the earthquake strike, the twin deities drifted apart and each chose a single race to patron, becoming separate deities.

> Gnomes are short, squat, long-limbed and ugly little creatures, they are clever and have a burning lust for shiny things and valuables. They have mastered musketry, runic magic, and golem forging, which they put to devastating use defending their homes, intricate, maze-like mountain fortresses, whose corridors are riddled with deadly traps, lethal runes, and patrolling golems. Gnomes make extensive use of runic enchantments in almost anything they build, and are renowned for their smithing and mining talents.

> Hairfoots are short, fat, stumpy, and almost completely bald, looking like obese midget Humans whose facial features have been squashed inward. Their name comes from their feet, which are leathery and covered in thick, coarse hair. They aren’t as clever as gnomes, or as greedy, seeking only to ensure they are able to appease their gluttony. Their hands are deft, and they are skilled tinkers, capable of making seemingly impossible clockwork golems, whimsical gadgets, and even artificial limbs. Unlike Gnomes, they prefer idyllic hillocks to mountain fortresses, though their villages may seem peaceful on the surface, they are built to provide a vicious defense, and a long, grueling battle for any would-be conquerors.
>>
>>52743804
>>52743817
>>52743832

> Termite Folk are essentially anthropomorphic termites, and have built many prosperous city-states and colonies in the dense, moist jungles of the world. Their species is divided into several castes, and contrary to popular belief, the lower castes are indeed capable of independent thought. Termitefolk worship an entity they call The Great Matriarch, and worship their Queens as demigoddesses.

> Termite Folk workers are small, only three feet tall and 120 pounds on average. They are the most numerous task, only intelligent enough to follow basic orders, and possess extreme endurance, which they put to good use digging tunnels, erecting walls, and cultivating trees.

> Termite Folk warriors are much larger than workers, five feet tall and 250 pounds on average. They have large, sharpened mandibles, thick chitinous plate, and short antenna, they are roughly half as intelligent as most Humans, but are very strong, agile, and disciplined, almost never retreating in battle. In Termite Folk society, they function as soldiers, policemen, and firemen.

> Termite Folk scholars are only slightly larger than workers but are much slimmer, four feet tall and 80 pounds on average. Their mandibles are small, their chitin is thin, and their bodies are too weak to labor effectively, but their minds are keen, twice as intelligent as most Humans with an almost flawless memory, they are excellent mages, engineers, and researchers. They function as record keepers, doctors, engineers, mages, researchers, and priests in Termite Folk society, and as they are the only males capable of reproducing, fertilize the queens.

> (cont)
>>
>>52743804
>>52743817
>>52743832
>>52743848

> Termite Folk queens are vast, and unlike other Termite Folk, resemble actual termites, rather than termites twisted into a semi-humanoid form. They weigh several tons, and have immense magical power, which the Termite Folk believe is proof of their divinity. They do very little actual ruling, instead churning out eggs, which hatch to form Termite Folk larva, which are then raised by Termite Folk workers until it is clear which caste they belong to. Queens are extremely intelligent, to the point they’re almost incomprehensible, and prefer contemplation of the abstract to ruling, which is done by Termite Folk scholars.

> Sylphs look like idealized, beautiful Humans, with some notable differences. Their eyes and hair are a single, monotone color which can range across the color spectrum, their ears are very long and pointed, their bodies are unsettlingly thin, and their limbs seem to bend in unnatural ways. Sylphs have a completely alien mindset, they are fanatically obsessed with achieving new experiences and perfecting new skills, and they devote their century-long lives to this practice. They have no society, and don’t care enough to make one, instead wandering across the world alone or in small, loose-knit tribes.

And that's about it.
>>
>>52743465
I'm not trying to be mean, but I think you have actually managed to make the least Egyptian/Incan culture possible.

Both the Inca and Egyptians are defined by dramatic and inhospitable terrain. Both have to make extensive use of building projects, like terrace farming or irrigation networks. These projects turn the terrain into a flourishing breadbasket. Both also make extensive use of huge organized human labor. Both also have incredible masonry and construction. There are many cults and deities, but the Emperor is given special reference and seen as a living God.

focus on scale! scale! scale! Everything needs to be bigger
Huge pyramids, vast road networks, armadas of priests and beurecrats, legions and legions of faceless laborers, a gigantic sprawling empire, millenia of history, and innumerable dynasties
>>
>>52743976

I'd mostly meant religion and general aesthetic, but you're right. Thank you for your input anon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.