[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think you would enjoy a low-tech historical roleplaying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Jaguar Warrior.jpg (4MB, 2292x3160px) Image search: [Google]
Jaguar Warrior.jpg
4MB, 2292x3160px
Do you think you would enjoy a low-tech historical roleplaying campaign set in the zenith of the Aztec era?
Anything in particular that would make this setting interesting to you?
>>
>>52707546
Aztecs being the villains
>>
>>52707825
They're an empire build entirely on slavery and human sacrifice.
What else would they be?
>>
>>52707865
The alt-right.
>>
>>52707889
Excuse me?
>>
>>52707865
There is literally nothing wrong with slavery and human sacrifice though.
>>
>>52708080
Back then, yeah. They didn't have any useful domesticable animals in Mexico to use as beasts of burden and they thought sacrifice was the only way to keep the Gods from destroying the world.
>>
>>52707825
Actually I would rather play as an Aztec knight. All of their contemporaries were seminomadic savages and in some cases cannibals just because they liked the taste of Man.
>>
>>52708149
pretty sure tamemes werent slaves, and we all know the real reason sacrifice was carried out was to keep non-mexica subjugated and scared, as well as the ordinary population under control.
>>
>>52707865
The heroes trying to stave off the end of the world
>>
>>52707546
they had good food. high variety.
>>
>>52707546
Kinda. I would prefer if spanish conquistadors were present to some degree, and aztec mythology was somewhat correct.
>>
>>52707546
Muh slings
>>
>>52708080
I would imagine the slaves and sacrifices disagree slightly on that point.

Also all morals ever.
>>
>>52707546
>historical roleplaying campaign
Nope.

Fantasy campaign set in not!Aztec era without their annoying bullshit but with warriors wearing animal skins, werejaguars and shamanistic northerners? Absolutely.
>>
>>52708977
>tamemes
were they great memers?
>>
File: The_Invisibles_V1_15_15.jpg (187KB, 663x1023px) Image search: [Google]
The_Invisibles_V1_15_15.jpg
187KB, 663x1023px
>>52707546
>Anything in particular that would make this setting interesting to you?
Shamanic magic. Their gods are so addicted that they are willing to do or give almost everything for the right amount of blood spilled on the right stone.
>>
File: The_Invisibles_V1_15_16.jpg (182KB, 661x1023px) Image search: [Google]
The_Invisibles_V1_15_16.jpg
182KB, 661x1023px
>>52714404
>>
>>52710958
>Also all morals ever
how bout the opposite. their morals say its fine. yours say no. I happen to share yours, but if brought up among aztecs, I'd be *so* down on sacrifices.
hell, they played football for over 300 years and only then their king suggested "how about we sacrifice the captain of the loosing team instead of the winner?"
>>
Flower wars
How much can we deviate from the history?
Conquer North America, advance technology, face conquistadors with steel in hand?
>>
>>52707546
no.
>>
>>52707865
>built entirely
wew lad
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.