[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come there's no DnD kino? Game of Thrones is (was) pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: absolutely kino.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely kino.png
1MB, 1280x720px
How come there's no DnD kino? Game of Thrones is (was) pretty popular, so why not try to cash in? What's stopping Hollywood from making a good fantasy movie?
I guess there's Lord of the Rings and Hobbit, but everything that's not them is either an Uwe Boll movie, or picrelated.
>>
>kino

I want /tv/ to leave
>>
>>52706042
Is that Sable Heart?
>>
The first D&D movie was fun, the second sucked, the third surprised me in that it went back to fun.

As for why there isn't a series? D&D is hard to adapt. A lot of what is great about it is the interactivity. Actually making a story based on a certain setting or storyline is just going to be a generic fantasy flick. That can work, but it needs the right atmosphere, and fantasy stuff isn't in vogue lately. Science-fantasy is where it's at, it seems.
>>
>>52706042
Because we don't need D&D kino but Forgotten Realm kino
>>
>>52706263
No, it's Book of Vile Darkness. It's... Odd.
>>
>>52706042
>kino
That looks like one of those The Gamers fan movies.
>>
>>52706454
>The Gamers
now those are some QUALITY movies except the third one
>>
>>52706042
Because hollyweird faggots would have to PC it up and ruin it.
>>
>>52706285
Warcraft, The new sword in the stone movie, 7th son, GoT's.......

Fantasy has a market. Maybe not up to some of the sci-fi, but didn't LotR's outsell the newer star wars?
>>
>>52706677
Oh boy, I can't wait for the melanin-enriched warrior, elf of confusing sex, comic relief white man and the thief action girl.
>>
>>52706707
>didn't LotR's outsell the newer star wars?
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is apparently the 14th highest grossing film of all time. Meanwhile, TFA is number 3.
>>
File: yoo.jpg (52KB, 387x324px) Image search: [Google]
yoo.jpg
52KB, 387x324px
>>52706377
Not the film, the girl.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.