[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be at my FLGS >Owner is apparently thinking of running

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1472759482878.png (97KB, 273x349px) Image search: [Google]
1472759482878.png
97KB, 273x349px
>Be at my FLGS
>Owner is apparently thinking of running a dnd campaign
>guy comes in and asks about campaign info
>flipping through my phone while I wait for friends so Im kind of half listening
>owner says he doesnt want to run an evil campaign so no evil aligned characters
>"FUCK THAT'S LAME"

>saywhat?

>look up to see the guy standing in front of the owner with this huge oblivious grin on his face
>owner kind of takes a breath and says "if you don't like it you don't have to play"
>guy responds "Im just saying it's lame! like literally lame, since lame means something that is limited and not able to reach its full potential"
>"why would you not allow evil? if anything good is evil because everything not good is considered evil!"

That's all I can really remember but it went on for like 10 minutes, owner kept trying to be diplomatic while this guy loses his goddamn mind over alignment in general, even going so far as to ask if he can put down Dao on his character sheet for alignment.

I get that not everyone likes alignment, whatever. But why stand there arguing with someone in a loud ass voice? It's not like you're gonna get a DM to change how he's doing something unless you've known them for a while. I dont get guys who show up at game stores and choose to be asses at the top of their lungs.

Anyone else see stuff like this? Im not sure if it counts as a THATguy thread since they hadnt even started playing together yet.
>>
>>52702140
look at it this way, he dodged a bullet by getting rid of that guy outright

In fact, that is the very reason WHY you say "no evil pcs"
>>
Autism. Quite literally autism, not the usual /tg/ dropping the term as a generic insult. I'm a fucking sperg and I've ended up sending a lot of time around people further down the spectrum when contacting support services and such, and some of the people on the lower functional end of the spectrum act like that a lot.
>>
File: nat_20_fail.jpg (288KB, 1436x642px) Image search: [Google]
nat_20_fail.jpg
288KB, 1436x642px
>>52702140
so, what you need to do is tell the ownder that you're leaving the store and never coming back, because you don't like the environment.
>>
>>52702172
>In fact, that is the very reason WHY you say "no evil pcs"
This. The reason I say "no evil PCs" and "no alcohol at the table" isn't because I strictly don't want those things; it's to filter out the assholes that DEMAND them.

We drink regularly. We play occasionally evil characters. However, if the fact that you can't drink or play an insufferable cunt triggers you so hard you have an episode, I don't trust you to handle yourself like an adult at my table.
>>
>>52702524
Usually the best games I've had with evil characters are ones where we didn't go in with the intention of an evil party, it just kind of happens and there's a point midway in where it clicks and we just suddenly realize "Shit, I think we're bad guys."
>>
File: Hanz.jpg (31KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Hanz.jpg
31KB, 1024x576px
>>52702646
>>
I find that weather a character starts evil or become evil over time they both have at least one trait in common, that is that the player is an asshole. They are just less of a sperg about it if it happens over time.
>>
>>52702524
>play neutral or lawful evil characters constantly
>always bring beer/wine/mixed drinks for everyone
>constantly get invited to new games to the point that I can't possibly attend all of them

Mind you it wouldn't bother me much if someone banned these things, but if you're not playing with people who can behave like adults then why play at all
>>
>>52702751
It's our hats. They've got skulls on them
>>
>>52703387
Agreed, but remember OP's story is about a -
-public- game. Assuming the average person will behave like an adult while playing is a leap of faith.
>>
File: kierkegaard.jpg (183KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kierkegaard.jpg
183KB, 800x1000px
>>52707202
>Assuming the average person will behave like an adult while playing is a leap of faith.
But anon, everything is a leap of faith. It's the only way in the inherent uncertainty of reality that we can transcend the finite and meet the absolute.
Praise Jesus.
>>
>>52703246
Well evil characters should kind of be assholes, they're evil, but I get what you mean.
Too bad you've had bad experiences.

I think it can work better when the whole party wants to be evil or inter-party conflict is a deliberate and agreed to element of the story like rivals banding together to face some large threat.
>>
>>52705259
What could possibly be worse than skulls?
>>
>>52705259
This always makes me sperg out. The totenkopf predates the Nazis by a long ass time. Though most comonnly used in germanic nations, it's shown up on uniforms from Spain, Great Britain, Portugal, France, Serbia, Chile, Russia, Estonia, Italy, and Poland, all before WWII. It still sees some use to this day.
>>
File: VictoriaLouise.jpg (2MB, 2103x3155px) Image search: [Google]
VictoriaLouise.jpg
2MB, 2103x3155px
>>52710536
Also, have Princess Victoria Louise of Prussia dressed in a Hussar uniform, as penance for my autism.
>>
>>52710581

I wouldn't mind taking a charge from her Uhlans, if you know what I mean.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.