[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are 3.x/pathfinder/5e threads so full of weebs and furries?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: gygax.jpg (16KB, 220x327px) Image search: [Google]
gygax.jpg
16KB, 220x327px
Why are 3.x/pathfinder/5e threads so full of weebs and furries? What draws these people to those systems?

Likewise, why are all OSR/Basic/1E threads full of sadists who seems to hate their players?

In general, no one on /tg/ who likes to talk about DnD seems to be an overall decent person to play with. What systems do they play?
>>
0/10.
>>
>>52672101
I personally play 2e. I enjoy it, my friends enjoy it and we aren't furfags, sadistic or whatever.
Probably helps that we're all 35+, have jobs, families etc...
We've all seemed to notice that most (not all) of the current crop of new gamers are just not the kind of people we want to associate with.
A huge thing that is a turnoff:
Bringing real world political bs into games is a gigantic buzz kill
>You have to accept my sombrero wearing latin/x transexual dwarf otherkin with the following pronouns, shitload!
No
>>
Something else, I'm in college and every game I've tried to play half the table is motherfucking transgender or otherkin bullshit weirdos.
>>
>>52672635
>What draws these people to those systems?
tieflings and kender

>US colleges and universities are liberal hellhole madrassas, what else is new?
>>
Nerds are universally terrible. We fucking suck. That's why.
>>
File: 1486571154864.png (99KB, 979x731px) Image search: [Google]
1486571154864.png
99KB, 979x731px
>>52672941
>when you're so bad at being around other humans you're pushed into isolation your entire childhood and it forces you become deeply involved with things that interest you (fantasy, reading, games, etc) but deep down nothing can fill the the void of being friendless and alone
>>
>>52672883
Not to mention Dragonborn.

I like my university classes for the most part, I just don't understand why so many mentally fucked people are here.
>>
>>52672941
Also, a terrible lack of self awareness.
>>
I feel like a part of it is the players need to be special snowflakes. I have a player who plays tieflings, dragonborns and aasimar and nothing else, and can't stand to see his precious characters die.,
>>
Makes me glad I live in a rural area.
The weirdest thing I've had to deal with was someone wanting to play a medieval cowboy who used whips and hand crossbows
>>
>>52672101
Pathfinder has a lot of oddly furfag art in it's books, and the general has something of an anime-OP-poster problem where someone makes some shit OP at page 6 with a uguu image.
>>
>>52673004
Every time I see mass transit seats with that pattern I start to get a boner because of that one photo set
>>
>>52675048
Doughnut sprinkles give you a boner?
>>
File: 1490808855131.jpg (134KB, 400x313px) Image search: [Google]
1490808855131.jpg
134KB, 400x313px
Furries kind of live in a fantasy world anyway so ttrpgs appeal to them.
The weaboo thing is probably a mix between the average player nowadays growing up during the anime boom and the fact that we are on fucking 4chan.
Personally I don't see much problem with it as long as they don't go full retard and have characters go super sayin or some shit.
>>52673883
That actually sounds fucking awesome.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.