[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's this guy's race? He's like a giant, horned,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 21

File: The-Beast.png (632KB, 1600x885px) Image search: [Google]
The-Beast.png
632KB, 1600x885px
What's this guy's race? He's like a giant, horned, lion-wolf-bear Frenchperson...
>>
>>52662981
he's a beast.
>>
>>52662981
Clearly a Charr
>>
>>52662981
>Frenchperson
Monstrous humanoid, then?
>>
>>52663002
Beasts look human, anon.
>>
He's a human with a curse

He's stuck in permanent werelion mixed form
>>
>>52662981
Isn't he like that because of a curse or something? So his race is human, but he's got some kind of funky template on top of that like a werewolf does.
>>
In terms of physical build probably something close to a minotaur. In terms of thematically closest probably werewolf that doesn't really operate on moon rules but rather a different curse
>>
>>52662981
Human.
>>
File: Beastmen_beastpath.jpg (97KB, 736x528px) Image search: [Google]
Beastmen_beastpath.jpg
97KB, 736x528px
Clearly a variant of Beastman, which makes me wonder how a Warhammer Fantasy version of Beauty and the Beast would go.
>>
>>52663491
First edition Bretonnia, back when they were all about powdered wigs and rouge?
>>
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
>>
>>52663002
>>52663183
It's actually interesting just how much UNLIKE a Beast in the Chronicles of Darkness sense Beast from the film is. Which is some tough shit to ponder, given that Gaston might've been THE main inspiration for the Heroes and arguably the whole game concept.
>>
>>52663621
Beast is just such a fucking tone death and stupid splat I don't know what they were thinking

Like all the other wod creatures are aweful, but beast seems the awfulest because of the sanctimony.

Like it's the world that wronged the beast somehow and they have a right to be fucking monsters and the heroes are automatically shit heads.

If it was an ironic metaphor for how monsters view themselves and heroes that would be one thing but beast seems to be pure sociopath revenge fantasy plus new age entitlement rolled into one while paying the barest lipservice to the fact the protagonists are fucking parasites

At least Vampire can make me synpathize with the fucking vanpires.
>>
I believe he was modeled to look like a lion, wolf, and buffalo put together
>>
>>52663621
Beast is a big pile of steaming shit.
>>
>>52663712
One design change I do approve of in the more recent film is making the horns a lot curlier. Gives him a more pagan/Satanic/faun-ish look then a minotaur.
>>
>>52662981
Werecreature, basically
>>
>>52663898
Yes, but which creature?
>>
It's a curse. It doesn't embody any one kind of creature.
>>
File: charr.png (216KB, 270x426px) Image search: [Google]
charr.png
216KB, 270x426px
>>52662981
He is a Charr
>>
>>52662981

He's a Human Under A Curse.
>>
>>52662981
>blue eyes

So he's White
>>
>>52662981
>French

He's a frog suffering from a curse effect. No need to overthink it.
>>
>>52663152
No, he's not French. He doesn't start and/or join a war even once during the movie.
>>
>>52664794
This

The French are characterized by a unstoppable need to fuck or kill
>>
Transformed Human
>>
>>52663552
Honestly boost the Intelligence to 10 and give him a level in Aristocrat and this is actually a good representation.
>>
>>52664850
Not killing, subjugate.

Then fuck.
>>
File: 1479447735686.jpg (158KB, 730x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479447735686.jpg
158KB, 730x1024px
>>52665153
>>
Human turned into a bugbear.
>>
>>52665403
For the uninitiated
THe title is Colonies
the first panel is showing how germans colonize
the second shows the english
the bottom left shows the french
and the bottom right shows the belgians.
>>
>>52665913
This seems accurate to me.
>>
>>52662981

His race is human, but he just happens to have a unique curse.
>>
>>52663552
Yeah a guy asked for the beast's stats a good long while ago and the owlbear stats were brought up and pretty much much decided to be a fair assessment of him.
>>
Y'know, a race of monstrous but good natured... whatever you call this with a penchant for creating a magical items and a culture based on 17th century French based on Beauty & the Beast would be an interesting addition to a bog standard elves & dwarfs setting.
>>
>>52668566
I'm pretty sure I remember a kid show where one of the character is a... beast I guess.
Can't remember the name for now though.
>>
File: cd9.png (1MB, 891x1591px) Image search: [Google]
cd9.png
1MB, 891x1591px
>>
>>52665913
Turns out the Belgians were right all along.
>>
>>52668918
God damnit, I'm not usually one to get salty about this kind of thing but for fuck sake
>Muh beauty standards!
>Actually guys think it's hot
>How dare they?! Freaks!
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yoooooooooooou.
>>
>>52668976
well, at least there's a face attached to it, unlike those idiotic facebook post
>>
>>52663491
In the Warhammer Fantasy Role-play Old World Bestiary they have a few quotes from and/or about each entry (it's a really cool way to present the way that the PCs would react to these things). One of the quotes from the beast men is from a schoolmaster who was mutated and driven out of his town when it was discovered. He was very eloquent and intelligent but bitter towards the Empire (the other quote was some barely intelligible grunts about being the strongest and smashing). So an aristocratic eastman could definitely be made to work, he would probably have to stay inside his castle in order keep the villagers from finding out about his mutation (but rumors would eventually get out).

The servants would probably have to be kept chained up so they could never leave and confirm the rumors. They wouldn't be animated teapots and furniture.
>>
>>52663016
My nigga.

I thought exactly this.
>>
>>52662981
Human.
>>
>>52665913
I don't exactly get what the Brits are doing. Are they wringing money out of the choco? Like, the Brits were good at making money off their colonial ventures? What are they pouring in his mouth?

And the German panel is another "Germans are super fucking organized" crack, right?
>>
>>52668918
Belle marrying the Beast was good for her if only because he was wealthy. If a male peasant had the opportunity to marry a rich but ugly woman in pre-revolutionary France he would probably jump at the opportunity.
>>
>>52669319
The Brits are pouring whisky down his throat. A lot of British imperialism involved selling stuff to the colonized people because it's easier to take their gold with a few hundred pairs of shirts than a few hundred troops.

And you'll notice that there is one particular creature that is missing from the German panel. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herero_and_Namaqua_genocide While the Belgians were crueler than the Germans, they weren't planning on wiping out the Africans at all.
>>
>>52669319
>And the German panel is another "Germans are super fucking organized" crack, right?

Yes. The young German Empire tried its best to integrate all the new German states by categorizing and standardizing processes.
>>
>>52665913
Aww, look at this adorable little gerry, he really thinks he has colonies!
>>
File: Warwick_goble_beauty_and_beast.jpg (131KB, 901x633px) Image search: [Google]
Warwick_goble_beauty_and_beast.jpg
131KB, 901x633px
>>52668918
>>52668976
People having monster girl and furry fetishes kind of negate the moral of the story. The beast is meant to be ugly, you're not meant to find him hot.
He's not a hot monster boy, or at least he's not meant to be, so hot monster girls are not an equivalent. So that second tweet is nonsensical and in no way a counter argument. Not that I agree with the first tweet, just pointing out that monster girls are irrelevant to what's actually being discussed.
>>
>>52662981
He's a tiefling . That's just what tieflings look like if they don't shave.
>>
>>52669780
Well, in that case Disney fucked up from start. Many people think the beast form looks cooler
>>
>>52669780
Have you SEEN how many people want to fuck the beast? Cartoon or CGI version
>>
>>52669780
I don't remember where it is (I think it's one of the Neil Gaiman anthologies?) but there's a "version" of the story where the Beauty leaves the Beast in disappointment after he becomes human because she was more attached to the Beast's primal virility and savagery (it's also implied he was better in the sack/had a bigger dick).
>>
>>52669780
Yeah, the first poster is an idiot.

Beauty and the Beast IS bad, but it's because it enforces the idea of commiting to an abusive relationship. If they lock you away from your parents and Friends, and just want you to fix some problem they have emotionally or otherwise and try to make it better with physical objects, just commit to it, it'll be better! Which men do all the time. I think women do it more often because it's easier (though the gap is closing) for men to be independent, but the tweet in question just doesn't say anything and completely missed the point.

Like when people call Romeo and Juliet a love story.
>>
>>52670091
>it's because it enforces the idea of commiting to an abusive relationship
Despite the moral of the story was the beast still had at his core a good heart, but needed someone who could see past his form, and what he believed himself to be, to show him it?
I see people who say this, but it seems that to believe it means you must be ignorant of what self-loathing can do to a person. When you believe yourself to be a monster beyond something so simple as love, you will become that.
From a psychological pov, the story is basically a man with ptsd, self-loathing and body dismorphia going thru therapy, with the rare happy ending you normally don't find.
>>
File: there it is.gif (2MB, 390x205px) Image search: [Google]
there it is.gif
2MB, 390x205px
>>52662981
>Frenchperson
>>
>>52669839
>>52669910
>>52669928
That's why I said "or at least he's not meant to be."
The beast is meant to be ugly, it's meant to be a story about a pretty girl learning to love an ugly boy. That first tweet is saying that a story about a pretty boy learning to love an ugly girl wouldn't get made. Saying "some people have a fetish for ugly girls" is not a counter argument, it doesn't actually address what's being said at all.
The moral of beauty and the beast doesn't work if you have a beast fetish but that's got nothing to do with gender or sexism, which is what that first tweet is about.

>>52670091
Oh shut up. BATB is great, and it is in no way about abusive relationships or Stockholm syndrome or any bullshit like that.
Here is a video explaining why you are wrong, because I can't be bothered typing it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syYCO0QVkZo
>>
File: he is a char.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
he is a char.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>52663016
>>52669249
>>52664105
I hang out on /m/ too much, the phrase "He is a Char" means something totally different to me and made me chuckle.
>>
>>52670167
>I see people who say this, but it seems that to believe it means you must be ignorant of what self-loathing can do to a person. When you believe yourself to be a monster beyond something so simple as love, you will become that.

If you're in that state, you need a fucking therapist, not a girlfriend.
>>
>>52670287
>That woman's face
I can already tell she's just going to shake her tits at me and start screaming about how I'm stare-raping her.

Yes I judge based on appearance.
>>
>>52670287
Also, it occurs to me that Shrek sort of is a reverse gender BATB. Sort of. Well, not really. It's still a pretty girl falling for an ugly guy, but the ending sort of counteracts that. It actually takes the moral further by having everyone stay ugly, since the beast turning back into a hottie is arguably a low key contradiction of the moral.
>>
>>52670385
Good thing Belle WAS his therapist, and not his girlfriend for the vast majority of their time together.
Also, you need not see a licensed therapist, positive socializing can go a long way.
>>
>>52670392
Well, you appear to an idiot.
>>
>>52670287

Holy shit that video is stupid.
>>
>>52670385
as >>52670438 says, Belle isn't his girlfriend. He spends the whole film in the friend zone until the very end. Or beast zone, if you will excuse me stealing a joke from this >>52670287
video, which you really should watch.
>>
>>52670565
Thank you for that nuanced and enlightening critique. Truly, you have dazzled us all with your staggering insights.
>>
>>52670287
The monstergirl argument, while funny, is also pretty stupid since monstergirls are almost without exception very much drawn with the purpose of being cute, beautiful and/or sexy. The animal features either don't get in the way or actually serve to highlight it. How many people who fetishize, say, Centorea from MMNIN would still do if instead of a big boobed supermodel she had the body and face of pic related? And that's not even meme tier ugly girl, just an unattractive one. You don't do yourself many favors claiming to not be shallow because you'd take a buxom model-like sex fiend "EVEN if she had cat ears!" (especially if they're animated and you don't need to give much thought to how ugly actual, hairy cat ears would look on a real life human. But I seriously digress).

Same reason Beastly was such a travesty. Penny Arcade put it best: https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/02/28/beauty-and-another-kind-of-beauty
>>
>>52670629

I mean, sure. Okay.

So

The lady doing the summary takes the entire film at face value. Her entire assumption is 'the author intended this, therefor the author is infallible and this is what was portrayed'. This is an absurd stance to take at base value.

Second, the father isn't under threat in the Disney version? Which fucking movie did SHE watch? The beast is twelve feet of roaring muscle, teeth and claws, of COURSE she's terrified for her father's life. She doesn't just casually go 'well, I guess maybe I'll stay in the castle now'. I'd also point out that the reviewer supplies absolutely no alternative reason for her staying other than 'cause'. The entire point about the 'agreement' is completely out of the window, because the agreement is absolutely made under duress and/or is coerced.

Basically, the reviewer completely ignores the fact that the Beast is LITERALLY an enormous, terrifying monster, and at every instance assumes that the fact that he could, in a fit of rage, literally tear Belle in half without even really trying is completely irrelevant. There's more to be said against the video, but it mostly boils down to this: the maker of the video quietly ignores the fact the Beast is a legitimately terrifying monster and completely truncates that fact from her argument. Once you remove that, it removes any threat or danger the Beast possesses, so of course at that point it becomes a sweet story about growth and forgiveness.
>>
>>52670438
>for the vast majority of their time together.
Yeah, the vast majority of the two, maybe THREE whole days they took to go from "I'mma lock you in the tower without food in return for releasing your father, whom I hold hostage" to "let's get married!"
>>
>>52670811

It's worth noting, as a post script, that calling Belle's whole deal 'stockholm syndrome' is facile and inaccurate as well; it's genuinely just a garden variety abusive relationship that replaces years of misery with a fairy tale ending.
>>
>>52670811
>the maker of the video quietly ignores the fact the Beast is a legitimately terrifying monster
That's a point that bothered me about the film. We're supposed to be outraged at how vile and vicious Gaston is for firing up an angry mob in front of Belle's protests with the claim that the Beast put her under a spell - but, I mean, from the point of view of an illiterate 17th century French peasant? That's not even remotely unlikely. If a monster kidnapped some girl who's known for being a weirdo and two days later she comes running down the hill telling you he's actually a good guy, please don't hurt him, you bet your always you're going to assume witchcraft rather than she fell in love with his gentle soul in that time.
>>
>>52670882
Actually, beginning to think "Oh, this poor guy, he's only kidnapped me because X, Y, and Z have made his life such hell, it's not really his fault and he's probably a good man inside" is like the textbook example of Stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>52670918

Gaston's a dick for a LOT of reasons other than wanting to kill the Beast; in fact, his wanting to murder the Beast is one of the less assholeish things he does in the film. I mean, he objectively just is an asshole. Rousing a posse to go kill the Beast, though, is a perfectly rational response, especially on the part of the townsfolk. I seem to vaguely recall that Gaston knew more than he was letting on, there, because he had the mirror, but it's been a while since I saw the movie.
>>
>>52670956
I know, I was specifically referring to how he dismissed her claims that the Beast is actually good by saying he bewitched her. To the modern worldview this is ludicrous, but if you're the kind of guy who accepts that a monster living in the nearby magical castle is a credible threat, why does it make any less sense to assume it could've bewitched a girl?
>>
>>52670933

Right, but that doesn't actually happen. Remember, she doesn't know about his curse until way later. It's literally just 'well I dunno maybe he's not such a dick, I guess'.

It's also worth noting that the movie itself forgets that the beast is a massive, terrifying monster rather frequently, if not for the entire latter half of the film, even WHILE the Beast is leveraging his monstrous nature.

The point being made isn't that 'Belle was written as this character who had stockholm syndrome, and the movie is secretly about abusive relationships', it's 'the authors didn't think very hard about the plot and probably never meant to romanticize what is fundamentally a coerced, codependent shitshow'.
>>
>>52671002

I am reasonably certain you are agreeing with me.
>>
>>52662981

He's a bugbear in a castle full of dudes transformed into Animated Objects.
>>
>>52668918
I would a Fem!Beast. Would she have to turn back, though?
>>
>>
File: 1431992740521.png (48KB, 167x178px) Image search: [Google]
1431992740521.png
48KB, 167x178px
>>52669322
>If a male peasant had the opportunity to marry a rich but ugly woman in pre-revolutionary France he would probably jump at the opportunity
Case in point: Napoleon. After becoming Consul/Emperor he was clearly the more powerful one in his relationship with Josephine (who was older than him and possibly infertile by the way), but when he was still but a young brigadier-general from a family nobody even cared about in the armpit of France, he greatly benefited from his relationship with a well-connected noblewoman. He also wrote really fucked up love letters to his wife, one of which started with "you're a disloyal whore and I hate you" but ended with "I can't wait to get back home and crush you between my arms". He also stated at some point that he loved Josephine but never respected her. Yet despite that, both of them mentioned the other in their dying words.

>>52668918
>This is super weird
There is no pleasing women, is there? This is why you're better off not listening to them at all.
>>
>>52670854
It's clearly implied to be longer than that. Looking at the variation in seasons I guess about a year.
>>
>>52671222
And ass of a barboon?
>>
>>52670918
>We're supposed to be outraged at how vile and vicious Gaston is for firing up an angry mob
Having seen how willing Gaston is to use events to his own ends (i.e. locking Belle's father up in a clearly hideous insane asylum as leverage to enforce marriage) it's clear to the audience by context he's going to ramrod his goals into things regardless of the real "right answer."
>>
>>52671392
Ass of a horse, too. He's marvelously toned.
>>
>>52671393

Yeah; the villager's response makes perfect sense, but Gaston is still a complete piece of shit.
>>
>>52670343
wew
>>
>>52662981
some strange sub species of Rakshasa
>>
>>52671241
Weird as it may seem, the couples I know who most support each other are also the ones who are rudest to each other.
And I've met a shitload of distressed couples since I work in hospitality.
>>
>>52672123
He has like, no trait whatsoever in common with rakshasas. Like, not even weird tigermen D&D rakshasas. What are you smoking?
>>
>>52671241
That shits true love right there
>>
>>52662981
>giant, horned, lion-wolf-bear Frenchperson...
A homosexual?
>>
>>52663988
Yes, but where creature?
>>
>>52671393
>>52671564
Honestly, everyone in Beauty and the Beast is an asshole, especially the enchantress.
>roams the lands pretending to be an old woman so she can get free bed and breakfast by mooching off gullible princes
>when someone sees through her shit and tells her to fuck off, she curses them AND everyone who works for them, potentially forever unless some arbitrary and unlikely conditions are met

The funniest part is how Sleeping Beauty tells you not to talk to old crones, while BatB tells you you'll be damned if you don't let them squat in your home.
>>
>>52670306
Ahahah classic.
>>52663016
>>52669249
>>52664105
More accurately Charrs are him.

And if he wore a mask he'd be a a Char. And Charrs would be Beasts that were Chars.

>>52669319
Booze, was sold to a lot of natives, especially in the Americas.

>>52669723
I mean, they tried briefly.

>>52669780
Interesting, not quite a standard pig face with the hook in it that's semi trunk-like. I like it. Reminds me of the quasi-pig-quasi-tapir-quasi-elephant face Nintendo went with for the BotW moblins.
>>
>>52672425
My grandmother once restrained my Grandfather from interrupting one of his parent's arguments and reminded him "That;s how they have fun." That was their ENTERTAINMENT, they couldn't turn on the boobtube and watch some sitcom or soap opera! They made their OWN drama!
>>
NEET
>>
>>52671031
Isn't the whole point of BatB that Belle pushes Beast towards NOT being a colossal asshole, and it's only once he shapes up that she starts caring for him? You know, fucking character arcs and shit.
>>
>>52662981
big fuzzy troll
>>
>>52676052
Yes but "I can fix them" is the #2 reason people stay in an abusive relationship after "They said they were sorry!"
>>
>>52676184
Yeah, but Belle isn't trying to fix the Beast. She just refuses to enable him.
>>
>>52677180
Do you reallly think that's how most girls will internalize the story?
>>
>>52677270
I don't know, anon. How much faith do you have in humanity?
>>
>>52677317
>faith in humanity
>4chan.org

mang...
>>
>>52671241
>Yet despite that, both of them mentioned the other in their dying words.
This might be a myth. There were multiple witnesses to Napoleon's death and only one reported that he mentioned Josephine, someone who stood to benefit from saying this if I recall correctly.

Most agreed he said something about the "head of the army" and probably "France" though.
>>
I actually like Beast original concept.
>>
>>52662981
>He's like a giant, horned, lion-wolf-bear Frenchperson...
A giant hairy French faggot. Which is a redundant statement, so the correct classification would be " giant faggot."
>>
File: tumblr_mvemzi9iQh1rtl2czo5_1280.jpg (87KB, 936x633px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvemzi9iQh1rtl2czo5_1280.jpg
87KB, 936x633px
The story would be better if in the end it would turned out that he can't obtain his human form again and despite this Belle stayed with him.
I have a feeling that original fairy tale was grim anyway and the end like this feels more right.
>>
File: Ganon_ALBW.png (4MB, 1813x1606px) Image search: [Google]
Ganon_ALBW.png
4MB, 1813x1606px
>>52678086
...Ganon?
>>
>>52678446
>I have a feeling that original fairy tale was grim anyway

Not even slightly. Firstly it's not really that much of a fairy-tale; I associate those with Medieval folktales, but "Beauty & the Beast" was written in 1740 by the French novelist Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve.

Secondly, everyone lives, and Beast is indeed turned back into a human at the end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauty_and_the_Beast

(The basic story might be as old as 4,000 years, but I think the success of Villeneuve's tale has functionally obliterated other versions. For that matter, Disney's version has basically erased Villeneuve's)
>>
>>52678647
I am probably just used that most of original fairytals were grimdark where there is no place for happy endings.
>>
File: 2013-02-21.png (167KB, 1100x375px) Image search: [Google]
2013-02-21.png
167KB, 1100x375px
>>52678680
Eh, a good portion of fairy-tales have happy endings, given the context in which they originate. Hansel & Gretel, for example, have the kids escape the hag, find her treasure, and return home to their father.

Or the story of Jack the Giant Killer. Pic related.
>>
File: 1469864571496.gif (3MB, 483x296px) Image search: [Google]
1469864571496.gif
3MB, 483x296px
>>52670392
>Doesn't happen at all
>>
>>52673979
The timeline is the most fucked up part. He's like fucking 11 when he gets cursed.
>>
>>52673979
Personally I always chose to believe that the Enchantress was Maleficent.
>>
>>52670392
Spoiler alert, the video ends with her saying "and that's why the whole Stockholm Syndrome thing is stupid and needs to go away".

So you're superficial assessment was probably wrong.
>>
>>52670918
>for firing up an angry mob in front of Belle's protests with the claim that the Beast put her under a spell

No, he doesn't. I mean, he does in the recent live-action one, and maybe in the Broadway (I dunno), but in the Disney animated version he doesn't mention spells or magic at all. He just calls her "as crazy as that old man" (meaning her father).

Even then, it's fairly clear that Gaston doesn't believe his own line, given how he later taunts the Beast while fighting him with lines like:

>"Were you in love with her, beast? Did you honestly think she'd want you when she had someone like me?"
>"It's over, beast! Belle is mine!"

Gaston is a terrible person, 17th century or no.
>>
>>52670811
>Second, the father isn't under threat in the Disney version?

Not in an immediate sense, no.

>The beast is twelve feet

About eight at most.

>I'd also point out that the reviewer supplies absolutely no alternative reason for her staying other than 'cause'.

Maybe because she doesn't stay. Belle agrees to stay in the castle "forever" but then, as Lindsey points out, the very moment the Beast displays any active violence, Belle leaves the castle while explicitly staying "promise or no promise, I'm not staying another minute". Note that leaving was evidently as simple as opening the front door and grabbing her horse, as well: the Beast makes no effort to stop her.

She goes back to the castle after the Beast risked his life to save her from wolves, and even then she does so of her own volition; the Beast didn't ask her to come back, he was passed out in the snow and possibly bleeding out (fun fact, the director's commentary actually stated that the Beast at this point was suicidal (having given up any hope of becoming human again) and was, in fact, looking to go out in a blaze of glory doing one good thing by saving Belle).

>it's genuinely just a garden variety abusive relationship

Not really. Belle responds to Beast as Beast treats her. When Beast is a dick, she completely ignores him. When Beast is nice to her, she's nice back. She remains because of the promise she made but she'd already demonstrated willingness to leave on her first day there, and remained only because she wasn't the sort of person to let someone bleed out from wolf bites in the snow. Afterwards Beast is nice to her, so she's nice to him. It's only THEN that romantic feelings start developing between either of them, long after any kind of abusiveness is demonstrated.

Belle holds the reins in the relationship, not Beast.
>>
>>52678680
A great deal had happy endings. The modern (postmodern?) notion that once all the folktales were "grimdark" is mostly exaggerated backlash from impressionable goth kiddies who learned everything they know about folklore from Neil Gaiman to the idea that "Disney fairytales are for BABIES!".

It's the same with the tiresome idea that in mythology, the faeareyea folkes (these people have a pathological fear of using the spelling "fairies", because that's how Disney does it. "Fae" is probably the most pretentious you'll find them) were "mad, beautiful, eldritch beings", even though if you actually went and made some goddamn research you'll find more of that in Changeling: The Dreaming than the vast majority of European folklore.

Shit, people always use "Tinkerbell" like she's the icon of "Disneyfied, baby fairies", but when was the last time you've watched the movie? Tinkerbell's a fucking case study on what psychologists call "Borderline Personality Disorder" and what you may know as "being a murderous yandere". That little winged chick acts scarier than most attempts I've seen to make fairies "mad and eldritch".
>>
>>52670091
>>52670167
>>52670287
Y'all are missing the point of what the original story was.
It was written for ladies in waiting who would be married off to people they don't know and who would most often be far older than them. The moral of the story was that 1. women should not fear arranged marriage and 2. it is their duty as women to turn "beast" into "princes". To civilize the men, so to speak. It was never about inner beauty or anything like that.
>>
>>52670810
>And that's not even meme tier ugly girl, just an unattractive one.
Are you a girl yourself? Because as a guy I find the pic you've attached cute. Homely, but attractive.
>>
>>52680301
Less charitably, it was meant to teach them to bite their lips and endure if their husband turns out to be ugly, disgusting, or abusive. Who knows? Maybe if they suffer long enough he'll turn out to be charming!
>>
File: Fuck you.jpg (12KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you.jpg
12KB, 236x236px
>>52670392
I actually want to see Lindsey's tits. You got my hopes up for nothing even though I already knew that was never going to happen

Also
>Yes I judge based on appearance
Jesus christ you need to socialise more. Get some friends dude, genuine ones
>>
>>52679444
This was something I liked in the new one. At least now we can clearly see he was an adult when he got cursed.

On the other hand, they had the Enchantress turn into a random old lady who lives in the town, so why the fuck didn't she give the same treatment to Gaston?
>>
>>52680823
>why the fuck didn't she give the same treatment to Gaston?
One clever theory I've heard is that she knew/realized/foresaw that no amount of cursing would teach Gaston any lessons. He was beyond help. The Prince, on the other hand, just needed a very forceful push in the right direction.
>>
If there was an old enchantress that could turn me into neast like in Disney cartoon then I sure would go for it.
It is actually would be really fitting for me since I like to go hiking and Beast appearance will be really useful.
I don't really care a lot about social interactions.
>>
>>52662981
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydjCzCyOI4A
>>
>>52679938
I just spell it "faerie" because that's how Magic: the Gathering spells it most of the time (most notably on my favorite Magic card, Cloud of Faeries), and I've been playing MtG for 20 years now, so it's left an impression.

Interestingly, I do tend to use "Fey" rather than "Fae", though. I'm inconsistent like that.
>>
It's a gnome.
>>
>>52670266
Stop it, our teeth don't loook like that.
>>
>>52665153
>>52664850
French are subjugate and fight, eventually fuck.
Spanish are the rape and fight, eventually maybe establish a government.
British are subjugate, subjugate and then try to have sex, but fail.
Germans are fail, still fail and fail again
>>
File: 1429283729038.jpg (392KB, 1516x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1429283729038.jpg
392KB, 1516x1236px
>>52665403
>>52683271
>We could've had a North Africa filled with politically liberal, Catholic, Francophone brown qts
>We could have had the territories of the former West Roman Empire reunited in their latin heritage The bongs can come too, they're semi-latinized mongrels
>Instead we will have a France filled with politically reactionary, Islamic, Arabophone burkas
As usual, the German ruins everything. EVERYTHING.
>>
>>52670854
>the two, maybe THREE whole days
>I'm an adult who can't manage to pay attention to movies simple enough that their intended audience is children
>>
>>52683588
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99SS9aZjrhY

Specifically, 10:20.

While one might ASSUME that for the sake of sanity and logic, the movie doesn't actually give any obvious indication that more than a day or two pass.
>>
File: Bunsen.png (77KB, 355x360px) Image search: [Google]
Bunsen.png
77KB, 355x360px
>>52663002
This is also a beast
>>
>>52683663
It's actually less that that, due to the attention given to the dinner song. It's clear that this is the first dinner she's having at the castle, and the interaction with the servant items from their leads pretty directly into the whole wolf situation.
>>
>>52678086
>tumblr nose
Even the early 1990s aren't safe!
>>
>>52662981
Honestly I would classify him as some kind of fiend, rather than simply a werebeast. He's got horns, seems to be an amalgamation of various creatures, and his transformation curse is based on sin. Fits the bill, in my book.
>>
File: 1411233917359.jpg (6KB, 251x192px) Image search: [Google]
1411233917359.jpg
6KB, 251x192px
>>52683789
>and his transformation curse is based on sin
He was an 11 year old who rejected a suspicious looking old lady who asked to stay in his palace rather than a more sensible place like an inn. I don't care how kind or good a king is expected to be, you don't just take in random vagabonds who may or may not be evil witches (magic is confirmed to exist in this setting after all) or simply assassins.

Also ELEVEN YEARS OLD.
>>
>>52683721
Are you retarde?
That's a shadow.
>>
>>52663621

What? The beast doesn't go around killing jaywalkers and sneering 'shouldn't walk on red' to his ripped up corpse?
>>
>>52670091
Except the story is about Lima Syndrome, the literal opposite of Stockholm Syndrome.
Beauty doesn't want anything to do with him until he takes the first step.
Even then she only ever meets him halfway and he's the one who has to continue to win her over.

I honestly wonder how many people have ever watched the movie to actually be this fucking thick about it.
>>
>>52662981
I want a race of people like Beast.
How could I name them?
>inb4 Charr
No
>>
>>52684105
Settle down kiddo, it's a joke.
>>
>>52662981
bhru, hes rapey.
>>
>>52684366
Furries
>>
>>52684427
:^(
>>
>>52678647
Odd i had read an older version were sisters drowned belle in jealosy/disgust over her loveing the beast and being rewarded
>>
I like how in the Witcher book there is a parody on this fairy tale.
I like it more than the original.
>>
>>52670810
>>52634385
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.