[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would I go about making my PCs feel pity for an enemy? Just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 249cfd_5962546.jpg (390KB, 1200x1846px) Image search: [Google]
249cfd_5962546.jpg
390KB, 1200x1846px
How would I go about making my PCs feel pity for an enemy?

Just a little example of the feeling I'm trying to capture, but a pinch more reluctance than this.
>>
File: ff7755_5962546.jpg (538KB, 1200x1846px) Image search: [Google]
ff7755_5962546.jpg
538KB, 1200x1846px
>>
File: 455d08_5962546.jpg (548KB, 1200x1846px) Image search: [Google]
455d08_5962546.jpg
548KB, 1200x1846px
>>52662525
>>
File: 3869a7_5962546.jpg (466KB, 1200x1846px) Image search: [Google]
3869a7_5962546.jpg
466KB, 1200x1846px
>>52662535
I plan on mimicking this scene exactly, but with a doppleganger instead of a vampire, and centipedes instead of whatever those gremlins are. Would like some better suggestions.

The task is for the players to kill and bring back a doppleganger to take suspicion off the party's shapeshifter.
>>
I'm not really seeing any pity here.
Also
>Murderhobos
>Pity
>>
>>52662590
Maybe I'm projecting what I think of the vampire on the scene, so it seems more piteous to me.

At the same time, I feel like this would be the reaction of a stubbornly lawful neutral player, of which I have none.

Also, MY murderhobos are different. They'll see the predicament of the npc and will think about the consequences of their actions... r-right?
>>
>>52662519
Could you please post the rest of this? This looks interesting.
>>
>>52662687
I just googled it. It's called Baltimore, by Mike Mignola. Creator of Hellboy, if the art didn't give it away
>>
>>52662687
>>52662716

As anon said, Baltimore.
These specifically are from a oneshot called "The Widow and the Tank"

The newer issues are easy to find online, but the older ones take a bit of searching.
>>
>>52662519
Give the enemy a motive that the PCs know of and wish that they could also do save for conflicting desires & needs. The one enemy that I did that for the PCs ended up letting live and even afterword saved her ass.
>>
>>52662893
Condensed plot:
Players are in a dungeon where both adventurers and aberrations are trapped. Time doesn't flow properly.

Players find a doppelganger, who clearly wishes to return home. I would want the players to feel the need to save the doppelganger, but at the same time feel distrust.

Actually, typing this out has given me a small stroke of inspiration.

The doppelganger was once a human, and still has a human mind, but constant contact with aberrations has mutated him. He warns the PCs that if they stay with him too long, they will transform too. Given that the PC's require the head of a doppelganger to save one of the players, this should provoke the type of thought I'm looking for.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.