[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to tabletop gaming? Every single new development

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 32

File: dungeon world cuck.jpg (114KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon world cuck.jpg
114KB, 600x800px
What happened to tabletop gaming? Every single new development in the hobby is entirely regressive.

>less complexity
>less options
>less roleplaying
>less tactics

Who the fuck decided that the best thing that could possibly happen to tabletop games is to fucking remove everything that was good about it? Is the new generation really so fucking stupid that they just can't enjoy games that require you to use your brain?
>>
>>52658284
Look at kids growing up these days.
>protip:they're whiny brats that have to be spoon fed everything, and praised while you do it
There's your answer sport
>>
>>52658284
>What happened to tabletop gaming?
in brief, video games
>>
>>52658284
>Darn kids these days...get off my Lawn RPG!

But seriously, it's a tiny minority that play CuckWorld RPGs today...the same tiny minority that played World of Dorkness back in your day, with the same homo themes and politics and all.

Nothing's really changed.
>>
>>52658284

Why do you hate fun?
>>
>>52658397

what manly rpgs are you playing anon?
>>
File: get off my lawn.jpg (57KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
get off my lawn.jpg
57KB, 800x600px
>>52658397
>Get off my lawn, the RPG
I'd legit play that
>>
>>52658397
>get off my Lawn RPG!
.pdf?
>>
>>52658439
My Little Pony
>>
You whiny cunts are probably millenials yourselves.
>>
>>52658450
>>52658457

Now I wanna run a WoD Hunter game with the requirement that all player characters must be 55 or older.

>God damn vampire kids with their bangin'-screamin' music! This used to be a nice neighborhood!
>>
>>52658284

The issue with a lot of the older TGs is that they started out somewhat easy on the rules but then got super fucking bloated with additions.

Having a solid framework is the most important thing in a game. Simple but you can add on to it if you want to.
>>
>>52658439

PF and DnD 5e, objectively the only worthwhile systems that combine great rules with a large fanbase.
>>
>>52658284

It became broader and more complex.

Me? I love crunchy games. I have preference for complex, interesting sets of mechanics that I can engage in and enjoy alongside roleplaying.

But other people feel differently, and you know what? That's fine.

Tabletop is bigger now than it has ever been. Which means more different people and different ways to play than ever more. For people who've been in the hobby a long time, it can easily seem like you're becoming isolated, that the things you enjoy are no longer supported.

But you know what? Regardless of what kind of thing you like to play, there are now more people and more options for it than ever before. It might have a smaller share of the market, but the market is so much goddamn bigger it is still a net gain, regardless of your niche.

So embrace it. Be happy that other people are able to enjoy a hobby you love, even if they don't do so in the same way. Be warm and welcoming and understanding and friendly, because that's the best way to tell people why you love what you love and to open them up to the idea of enjoying the kind of games you do.

And if they don't? That's fine. As long as they've having fun, why should you give a fuck?

It works a lot better than being an angry gatekeeper in my experience. You'd be surprised how many people who came into the hobby as part of the storygame wave find themselves enjoying a crunchier game with more meat on its bones.
>>
>>52658558
>great rules
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>52658284
yeah, remember 3.pf? So many complex options that enhance my rollplaying tactics.
>>
File: 1479520215197.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1479520215197.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>>52658284
>>
File: Terror Mission in Zimbabwe.jpg (196KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Terror Mission in Zimbabwe.jpg
196KB, 1280x1024px
>>52658492
Honeslty I generally figure this is the case.

Besides, >>52658397 is right.

Plus, I'm always left wondering why any of this dern mulenyals griping actually matters. Like what, because BBT exists and the RPG.net forums are garbage this suddenly has an impact on your game?
>>
>>52658501
Do it. I'm old already, I'll help with character dev and show you kids what ya can and can't when your past your prime...
Believe it or not, life is 10x better after 35 than before it, trust me
>>
>>52658577

Beat me to it. Although being fair to it, 5e isn't bad. It's just an incredibly bland, safe as fuck system which takes no risk and makes no attempt to innovate. It's generic, simple and well executed. Which is a damn sight more than you can say for PF.
>>
>>52658600
>[...] this suddenly has an impact on your game?
This, how people manage to, in the same breath, bitch about their hobby dwindling into obscurity and at the same time bitch about their hobby being invaded by "normies, reeee", still amuses me.
Play your game, kick problem players, and grow up.
>>
>>52658609

I mean, that's kind of what I like about 5e. It's not crazy and new, it's polished, functional. I'll do the innovating myself, I just need a working baseline ruleset.
>>
>>52658609
>5e
>not bad

everyone is the same
everything is the same
every monster is scaled to be fought forever
nobody makes any progress except in HP bloat
every spell sucks but melee characters are STILL fucking garbage
>>
>>52658677
I'm glad I stopped being played after 2e... 3.pf garbage
4e garbage
5e is also apparently garbage
>inb4 implying 2e is shit too shill!
Not saying that, I'm just glad I stopped paying money for games 25years ago
>>
>>52658284
It's backlash against 3.X, which was very complex and had serious issues.

You had similar games coming out for a while, largely under the concept of 3.X but better.

That's largely died down, so now things are swinging the other way into "maybe fewer rules is better."

In an edition or two of D&D things will be complex again, though not necessarily as complex as 3.X.
>>
>>52658784
>nu d&d
>very complex
You are a fucking moron
>>
>>52658492
Call it anecdotal, but I'm currently in college, surrounded by people at least ten years younger than me and from what I eavesdrop, nobody complains about millennials more than the millennials do.
But don't ever call them out on that. Heaven help you should you ever call one of them a millennial.
>>
>>52658439
OD&D, the real lumberjack's RPG!
>>
>>52658284

>new generation
>whine whine whine I'm getting old

>less roleplaying
this is actually why I don't like complex rulesets and prefer more open GM-priority games. Roleplaying is key for me, incredibly boring campaigns led by constrained GMs do not compare to giving me the freedom to find ways to problem-solve and riddle my way around whatever tricks they are planning (and vice versa for the GM).

Everyone is John is my best example of why rules do not need to be bloated and complex to create an interesting environment.

Of course not everyone wants to roleplay as much as I do. I appreciate that.

Maybe OP you should appreciate that people play differently to you and wonder why you are so angry at what unrelated people to your campaigns are doing.
>>
>>52658794
And you can't read.
>>
>>52658439
What I've played since the mid 80ies:
AD&D 2e, heavily houseruled after 20+ years
>>
>>52658986
>I play a retarded drama class teambuilding exercise that I learned about from watching wesley crusher's podcast and it's really all about roleplaying

Hate to break it to you retard but that isn't a game
>>
>>52658872

College age will include mostly Generation Z, which is the group after the Millenials (aka Generation Y).

You yourself are a millenial.

>inb4 "but millenial means being born after 2000"

Nope. Google.
>>
>>52658872
Can confirm, as I am a college student, and me and the people around me all complain frequently about our generation. There's probably some cultural reason for it, but I'm not really in a position to guess.

Also, obligatory since you mentioned it
>ree I'm not a millennial ackshually millennial refers to the generation ending 2 whole years before I was born ree
>>
>>52659027
obligatory generations don't mean anything, and arbitrarily begin and end.
>>
File: 5bf.jpg (16KB, 480x318px) Image search: [Google]
5bf.jpg
16KB, 480x318px
>>52658558
>PF and DnD 5e
>great rules
>>
>>52659020

This. It's more like one of those courses you get sent on if you keep calling your coworkers 'cunts'.
>>
>>52658284
You sound like a cool guy to hang out with.
>>
>>52658986
No doubt, this 110%
As long as you're having fun, who cares?
>>
>>52659047
>it's another edition of greentext + reaction image shitposting!

I'm cumming inside your ass, and you're enjoying it.
>>
>>52659065
>I'm cramming dog shit off the street into my mouth with both hands and if you mention that I'm retarded then I'll scream AS LONG AS I'M HAVING FUN WHO CARES
>>
>>52659075
>hyperbole

Get out.
>>
>>52659065

'Fun' is a hollow concept because it simply denotes enjoyment. It doesn't contain any sense of quality or merit and can't be used as a comparative measure. Using 'fun' as the prime metric is merely retreating into limp post-modern relativism where sitting around blowing rasberries is held to be every bit as good as mastering a musical instrument, writing the great American novel, or collaborating with others in a tabletop RPG to create a narrative and solve complex problems. 'Fun' is the term people turn to when they've run out of arguments.

If someone says the most important factor in an RPG is to 'have fun', it's a surefire sign that they understand nothing deeper and won't be invested in anything game-related. Their PCs will be a shallow collection of 'quirky' traits, in-game they'll be on their phones half the time and spouting memes the rest. GMs who worship at the altar of 'fun' are those who never really challenge their players - encounters are never lost, quests are never failed, and PCs never die, all because the GM fudges the dice and handwaves away any flaws in the players' plans. Every retarded meme idea that the lolsorandumbs come up with will be pandered to. Every Mary Sueflake character concept will be allowed. There will be no coherent plan for the campaign because the GM just wants to provide 'fun' in some pathetic, desperate bid for approval.

I avoid playing with anyone who throws the term 'fun' around casually. I look for players who have a bit of depth. If they say things like "I enjoy a mathematical challenge" or "I take pleasure in exploring the setting lore from within and deconstructing its problematic binary-opposites" or "I like finding solutions to the fictional problems we come across in our game" then I know I'm talking to someone who is not an idiot, and they might be alright. If they just say "Lol i play 4 le fun XDDDDD" then I am talking to another retard from the Cult of Fun, and their influence will only be negative.
>>
>>52659075
>i am neither harming myself, nor others, and am enjoying myself with a few friends
>what a faggot
>>
>>52659100
AS LONG AS I'M HAVING FUN WHO CARES
>>
>>52659075
there's an entire pathfinder general for that
>>
>>52658284
>Every single new development in the hobby is entirely regressive.

It's a pendulum OP. It's constantly swinging from simplicity to complexity and back.

As RPGs get more and more complex, people start pining for simpler designs. Then, as RPGs more and more simpler, people start pining for more complex designs.

I've seen at least two full cycles in war gaming since the 70s.
>>
>>52659108
Get. Out.
>>
>>52659127
BUT AS LONG AS I'M HAVING FUN WHO CARES
>>
>>52658284
Didn't old D&D have basically no rules to it?
>>
>>52659075
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
Lay off the crack jamal
>>
>>52659135
You utter retard. Nobody, not even your mother, takes you seriously. Screaming online about people doing things you don't like, making a complete fool of yourself. You don't even play tabletop, do you?

Get out.
>>
>>52659146
>Stop saying that eating dogshit is bad! I like it! STOP DISLKING WHAT I LIKE!
>>
>>52659165
>STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE! I'M SUPER SERIOUS THIS TIME! STOP! STOP! PLEASE STOP!

Why so upset?
>>
>>52659024
I'm not convinced.
>a person reaching young adulthood in the early 21st century.
We're not even a fifth of the way through the 21st century yet. As far as I can tell, these kids are millennials right along with me.
>>
>>52658569
IDon'tHaveAJPGToAgreeWithYouWith.jpg
>>
>>52658284
This problem is evident in all forms of gaming, from video to tabletop. Niche hobbies became mainstream and now the shareholders want to appeal to as many people as possible. Actually, this problem of appealing to the lowest common denominator is endemic of pretty much every form of entertainment. Happens with music, comics, movies and tv too.
>>
>>52658569
Good post anon
>>
>>52658284
Why is that mans hair pink?
>>
I like Dungeon World and it's really the only game I've played in last few years since it's what my groups likes, as well ('though I've been wanting to get back into other systems lately), but goddamn do I hate Adam Koebel and his shitty contributions to that game and gaming at large. The man(?) really is a fucking cuck and anyone with a discerning eye can tell that anything he wrote for DW are some of the weakest parts of the game overall.
>>
>>52659188
A screaming monkey
Flinging shit wildly everywhere
Foolish to a fault.
>>
>>52659165
BUT I THINK YOU WILL AGREE THAT ANYTHING I DO IS COMPLETELY FINE AND WARRANTED AS LONG AS I AM ENJOYING MYSELF

LITERALLY

AS LONG

AS I AM HAVING FUN

WHO CARES
>>
>>52659230
I don't think there's actually much evidence that this is happening with tabletop games
>>
>>52659106
This pasta is so stale I'm convinced the person posting it is sitting on his phone at an Olive Garden.
>>
>>52659066
Tired of green text + reaction image? Here is a post without either of them:

Yeah, I will admit that DnD 5e has great rules. Great rules within the scope of of all the old and boring premises that DnD established thousand of years ago and simply cannot overcome. I mean, if you polish a pile of shit, you may end up with a very smooth ball of shit, but in the end of the day, shit is shit m8.

Past few years in DnD went like this: They did the 4e, which I honestly thought was a decent move because they decided something new for a fucking change. Then a bunch of butthurt 40 yo virgins whined and autistically screamed until they were compelled into making 5e which honestly is just a new and improved pile of the same shit.

Whoever think that DnD is "the best option" are often those who basically never looked for anything else. I bet if you were really open-minded, you would find at least 100 better options.

DnD 5e is far from being a good set of rules for roleplaying. The only thing DnD 5e achieves is being a good ruleset for DnD, which again, is not much really.
>>
File: Angery.webm (987KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Angery.webm
987KB, 1280x720px
>>52659245
>eight syllables
>>
>>52658677
2nd edition is best edition
>>
>>52659276
I don't think there's a whole lot of evidence of it happening with other forms of media either.
>>
>>52658965
I'm a total newfag. I stuck to 2nd edition.
>>
>>52659242
>Adam Koebel
I searched to see why this guy might be considered a complete faggot, and I found this quote:

Hi! I'm Adam. My pronouns are "he / him / his" I was assigned male at birth and it's been a comfortable general gender identity so far so I'm sticking with it. I waffle about how to express my sexual identity a lot so usually I just go with "queer" as in not-straight. I used to use "bisexual" but I sometimes feel that, unquestioned, that label can reinforce a gender binary I don't like. Let's see, I'm white, I consider myself a relationship anarchist (maybe just an anarchist across the board) and that's probably enough to help answer your questions? I hope so!

Oh my god I want to kill him and I don't even know the fag... and I'm a literal faggot
>>
This seems rather silly.

Presume, as seems reasonable, that there exists a hard wall of complexity to the mechanics of a roleplaying game, beyond which you generate an unplayable mess like HYBRID or FATAL. It is undeniably true that mechanically complex yet viable roleplaying systems continue to exist (GURPS) while less complex ones have been created; thus, the history of roleplaying has featured more diversification than replacement. Roleplaying games probably started out close to the complexity wall-- partially because of D&D's wargaming roots, but also, perhaps, because it's easier to come up with clunky but viable rules than it is to generate elegant rules which accomplish the same goals. If so, the subsequent diversification of roleplaying games would tend towards the addition of simpler systems. I suspect that this process probably accounts for whatever trend you perceive, but it's a silly thing to complain about whether the trend is real or not, because the more complex systems haven't gone anywhere.

What does "less roleplaying" mean, anyway? Does FATE feature "less roleplaying" than GURPS? There's an interminable, idiotic argument lurking behind that question, and anyone with sense knows it.
>>
>>52658397
But WoD isn't exactly a rules-light system
>>
>>52659324
>2e is beat edition
My Nubian
>>
>>52659311
Forgive me sensei
I am yet a beginner
I will try harder.
>>
>>52659325
It's a staple assumption which predates the generation drawing OP's ire. Go to basically any generation and you'll find people complaining about poseurs or normies ruining what they like.
>>
>>52658284
RPGs started very complex and difficult to learn.
This led to many people not getting into them due to either requiring too much investment to learn, or just being not to their tastes.

Now, games are being created to fulfill the niche of those who wanted simpler games, as well as games for beginners to the hobby who don't want to become super invested right off the bat, or just remain casual.

It's not some grand conspiracy to ruin your hobby, or an insult, or a threat. It's just nature (and markets) abhorring a vacuum. None existed. There was demand. It was supplied. Now if you want complicated you can play old things or new things made at a similar complexity, but if those don't fit your needs things that fit your needs are also available.
>>
>>52658439
Hackmaster
>>
>>52659371
thac0 is just too difficult for many.

Sadly.
>>
>>52658439
GURPS. Eating nails for breakfast still wasn't crunchy enough.
>>
>>52658284
Nerdy shit is in vogue right now, so there's money to be made with, for lack of a better term, more casual rulesets. Most people don't have the stomach or desire to read hundreds of pages of rules before sitting down to a game of Advanced Squad Leader, but it's easy enough to look at an Age of Sigmar card and see that you have roll a bunch of 4+'s.

Hell, nobody in my current gaming group other than myself has purchased or read through the rules for the game we're playing. Even I only skimmed through them and mostly rely on my knowledge of the other games in the line (FFG 40k RPG's).
>>
>>52659258
More hyperbole
Unequal comparison
Please end this, monkey.
>>
>>52659392
>fulfill the niche

friggen casuals.....omg. Cancer.
>>
>>52658577
>Not understanding sarcasm
>>
>>52659017
>since the mid 80ies:
>AD&D 2e
Hmm.
>>
>>52658586
I mean, there are for casters.
>>
>>52658501
Try to do Bubba Ho-tep as a campaign setting. Retirement home full of wheelchair-bound, senile monster slayers. Make it happen.
>>
>>52659340
>relationship anarchist
This is basically just a fancy word for acknowledging that traditional dating is dead, right?
>>
For every shitty PbtA game there are an equal number of OSR ones coming out. You've lost nothing and gained more variety. This is a good thing. Yes, we're being assailed by SJW virtue signaling in our community and their petulant nebulous demands for 'inclusion', but that's just a sign of the cultural trends in our age group infecting the hobby. Ignore it and it will extinguish itself.
>>
>>52659460
It's a way of saying he's never been in a relationship offline IRL so he just ascribes random words that sound cultured and evocative to the activity.
>>
>>52659237
He's a liberal cuck. It's the english major, gender studies minor haircut.
>>
>>52659438
Yeah sorry, I started in the 80ies with 1e, then on to 2e. My bad duder
>>
>>52659460
Its even dumber. Its when people want to pretend their sexual desires are politically radical.
>>
>>52659201

It doesn't matter if you're convinced or not. It's fact. Generation Y aka Millenials starts at 1980. Generation Z starts in the very late 90s. Those are the definitions.

You can flap and squawk all you like but it won't change that you're talking shit.
>>
>>52659492
They're basically the same thing anyway, so who cares?
>this annoys the OSR
>>
>>52659489
>play games with elves and wizards and dragons
>get upset by pink hair
>>
File: GMing in a Nutshell.jpg (286KB, 492x648px) Image search: [Google]
GMing in a Nutshell.jpg
286KB, 492x648px
>>52659461
There's also the fact these "assailings" are basically limited to a few specific online communities and a handful of blurbs in recent WotC/Paizo products and newer White Wolf stuff (which was always pretty far down the cultural leftism track).

None of it has any real bearing on your games.
>>
>>52659427
Smooth peanut butter. Crunchy peanut butter. There's a market for both.

Being mad that they started also making smooth when you were perfectly fine with just crunchy is silly.
>>
>>52659292
>Then a bunch of butthurt 40 yo virgins whined and autistically screamed until they were compelled into making 5e which honestly is just a new and improved pile of the same shit.
Nice delusion. 4e was universally derided. But keep on implying
>>
I know that there's apparently a crowd surrounding PbtA stuff that /tg/ hates but honestly I've gotten a lot of good mileage out of it with my groups
>>
>>52659382
Prettymuch this. I don't even see what the OP is complaining about. If you're deliberately limiting yourself to only the most dumbed-down mass appeal products mainly, mayyybe.

More generally, I feel like there have been more brilliant innovations in tabletop in the past 10 years than any since the initial '75 - '85ish "oh hey guys look at this thing we discovered" era. Fuckin narrative RPG's? Using a character's plot significance as a quanitifiable resource? That's crazy. Then you've got non-linear systems like Microscope, a whole new wave of diceless systems and alternate resolution mechanics of varying complexity, and minis games and wargames going through a downright renaissance... it's a deep well, Anon. Just gotta get out there.
>>
>>52659556

>universally derided
>Said in a thread where multiple people have spoken positively about it
>>
>>52659535
No no. The hair is just an easy way to recognize them.
THIS is what I'm upset about >>52659340
>>
>20 sided polearm vs polearm tables are valuable complexity
>It's always better to stack 50 books full of "options" where specific ones always bubble to the surface, especially thanks to the internet
>Games that actually encourage you to treat your character as a character and not just another statblock to put in the obligatory dungeon-shaped meatgrinder have less roleplaying
>Declaring you poke every square inch of a dungeon with a big stick and herding sheep in first is tactical
Yet you kick D&D 4 to the curb because rich and balanced options, tactical encounters and rules that are functionally complex but laid out plainly AREN'T what you want?
>>
>>52659575

So... Someone else's ideas, preferences and life choices actively offend and anger you? Why? Does how he chooses to live his life personally affect you in any way?
>>
>>52659521
>this annoys the OSR
No doubt, and I never understood it
>>
Screaming monkey gone
Peace has returned to the thread
Sweet tranquility.
>>
>>52659582

Because it didn't Feel like D&D.

Whatever that fucking means.
>>
>>52659551
Or like orange juice.

Can't have extra pulp without no pulp. All those fuckers who like no pulp are helping you out, the pulp has to come from somewhere. And they wouldn't bother with no pulp if they couldn't sell the pulp someplace else. The variety of games helps your make groups that are more unified in play style.

Its cute when people think they're culture warriors by playing their gaems tho.
>>
>>52659551
>liking smooth peanut butter

No, Smooth is the cancer ruining Peanut Butter. I'm so sick of normies who watch Will Weaton's PB reviews or the Zimbabwe Theory or get all their knowledge of Peanut Butter from vidya like Skyrim. These mouthbreathers are infesting the Peanut Butter scene and the /only/ thing we should be doing is excluding them or else our Peanut Butter will be overrun with cucks and roasties who've never even heard of Crunchy.

>hey Anon, do you have any Smooth Peanut Butter?
>*no, I only do Crunchy*
>But they eat Smooth on Critical Roll! Can't we try some? Bazinga!

The absolute worst.
>>
>>52659574
>implying 4chan is a good litmus, when all boards have decidedly shit taste and bad skill at their respective topics
>especially a thread made specifically to bait anti-grognards
>>
>>52659605
Nice redemption haikuanon
>>
>>52659575
Why?
>>
>>52659597
Dude, new-school DMing advice, mechanical customizability, xp-for-gold being optional, and whatever you want to describe 2e's individual XP awards as LMAO.
>>
>>52659621
Thank you, my sensei
I will ever endeavour
To hone my haiku
>>
>>52659646
>neat.exe
I want to get drunk with you, you seem legit fun
>>
>>52659593
Because they don't just want to live like that. They want to insist that everyone put up with their pretentious, holier-than-thou behavior and even convert to their lifestyle and ideas, and get super offended and preachy if you refuse.

They're like the vegans of sexuality.
>>
>>52659638
>STOP HOUSERULING MY 1E GAME REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52659666
In truth, my sensei
Autism is my true nature
And I do not drink.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (44KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
44KB, 500x384px
>>52659414
I eat nails for breakfast.
Without any milk
>>
>>52659674
I'm gonna side with this guy. No one cares what or who you fuck, but stop shoving it in my face and screaming that I have to accept it.
I didn't care before, but since they're an ass about it, I start to hate the person. It seems there are more and more of them every day
>>
>>52659614
If you don't like that kind, don't eat it.
Others do. You don't have to associate with them if you don't like. And even if you do associate with them you still don't have to eat their peanut butter.
>>
>>52659692
That's fine. I'll get wrecked on saki and you just keep up with the haiku action. It'll be fun
>>
>>52659625

>>52659674
>>
>>52659680
Ill wind blows again
A bad omen on the breeze
Of angry monkey.
>>
>>52659674

But it seems like you're just assuming that based on other factors. Guilt by association, essentially.

Sure, there are assholes like that, but they exist for conservative and traditional views in just as great a frequency as progressive assholes. The problem is with morons who try to assert their views over others, not with any particular flavour of view being asserted.
>>
>>52659720
>being complacent in the death of Peanut Butter

No. Just because "others like it!" doesn't mean it's good or healthy for Peanut Butter in the long run. I won't entertain the delusions of normies just because it's "nice". Smoothtwerps have no place at my table.

Not everyone wants to let Peanut Butter get ruined by casuals, millennial. I'll give you some time in your safe space to process that.
>>
>>52659674
>>52659718
You're really taking a stand on hating this guy? Out of all the shit to dislike, this is the one you want to punch in the face? Because it startled you in some way on the internet?
>>
>>52659739
I thank you, sensei
Your gracious overlooking
Of low social skills
>>
>>52659743
That was me failing at being funny, haikuanon
>>
File: 1416440406086.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1416440406086.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>52659292

Everything about Pathfinder is terrible. The game has zero redeeming factors. Fighters as a class literally do not function, you literally cannot play a fighter. Monk is in there as a joke class and a rogue is about the same level, as are all the other martial classes. If you are playing anything but a druid, cleric, or wizard, you are retarded. Sorcerer is completely broken. The class does not function. Also, 95% of the feats in pathfinder are useless. The only feats worth taking are metamagic feats, augment summoning, and Natural Spell. The other feats literally do not function. Weapon Focus and power attack are jokes of feats, as are vital strike. A wizard can beat a fighter 100% of the time from 1st level so there is not even any point to having fighters in the game as adversaries unless you want to farm free XP. I have no idea why anyone would play Pathfinder. Hoenstly alchemist is a tier 6 class so you are better off waiting for them to add an alchemist class to D&D 5e (a FAR superior game is EVERY possible aspect) than even trying to play a class that might be even more broken and useless than fighters.
>>
>>52658569
Hah, look at this faggot, being even-handed and not policing people's fun. Who does that?
>>
>>52658339
>Believing the entitled millenials meme
>>
>>52659786
All kidding and fun aside, you're the most fun I've had here in weeks.
I don't know if you're legit autistic, but that shot doesn't matter. You're fun, so just keep being you duder
>>
>>52659793
Good news, as of a few months ago there's a roughly-polished official playtest Alchemist in 5e
>>
>>52659798
It's not a meme... he was right
>>
>>52659858
>Literally "kids these days"
>Thinking it's correct

Have an ounce of self-awareness why don't you?
>>
>>52659798
In some fairness, anyone with a finger on the pulse of social media will see plenty of evidence for that stereotype. There's a lot of absolute garbage twenty-somethings shrieking about inane nonsense on Facebook and Twitter nowadays. Keeping up on what's going on at American universities (like many actually re-segregating student housing because living with white students is triggering) won't help either. There's also the fact according to a Pew survey at least half of people under thirty support criminalizing "hate speech".

But none of this has any real bearing on tabletop RPGs, especially since the millennials who act like this are overall the minority. The only thing which really kinda worries me is that last point but you should never take statistics at face value.
>>
>>52659792
It is bait? Sensei!
Please do not bait me, sensei
I took it, sensei.

>>52659810
It is true, sensei
I yet retain honor
Even with autism.
>>
>>52659744
>The problem is with morons who try to assert their views over others
This thread in a nutshell

>not with any particular flavour of view being asserted.
Technically true, but I can assure you, if they have that haircut, they will be one of those aforementioned morons.
>>
>>52659881

The only difference between this and previous generations is social media amplifying extreme voices. None of this shit is at all new.
>>
>>52659900
I'm not saying it isn't. You're basically just reinforcing my point, which is if you get most of your knowledge through the limited bubble of social media--which most people do nowadays--there's plenty of "evidence" for the stereotype.
>>
>>52659881
>never take statistics at face value

Because math lies?
>>
>>52659891
It was me both times haikuanon

And no, I'm not jesting with you. I dig the haiku thing. So what if your autistic man. Best banjo player I've ever met was mildly autistic.
As i said man, just be you. I meant what I said, you're the most fun I've had here in weeks.
>>
>>52658600
>this suddenly has an impact on your game?
the RPG.net forums ARE their game. no one else wants to play with them.
>>
>>52659858
>>52659875
>>52659798
The "kids these days" thing is a "meme" in the original sense of the word - a pattern of thought that gets repeated and passed down. There's testimony of people saying things like this about the younger generation ruining things from, literally (in both senses of the word), ancient Greece. It's not concretely right or wrong. The young people have some points. The old people have some points. And as is usually the case with humans, the most probable answer is that everybody is completely wrong about everything.
>>
>>52659778
It's not the death of peanut butter. They still make crunchy. They will continue to make crunchy as long as there's a demand.
But now they will also make smooth, as long as there is a demand. Because somebody said "hey can you make peanut butter without the chopped peanuts in it?" They realized there was a demand, and sold it.

So as long as you and your friends, and others who share your tastes, keep buying crunchy, crunchy will continue to exist for you to buy, by virtue of the same process that brought smooth into being. Crunchy will not in any way "die."
>>
>>52659933
Suspected you were
Sensei, I knew it was you
I recognized you.
>>
>>52658284

It's becoming mainstream anon, just like video games.

Soon they'll have diversity quotas in the staff.
>>
>>52659945
I agree to a point, I'll try to explain, but I'll probably fail, but here goes:

Social. Media.
It isn't to social in that when you even so much as question someone about anything in their worldview, you immediately have thousands of ppl giving you shit.
I'm legit ancient by this board's standards, I grew up without the internet, and whereas you are correct that the whole "get off my lawn" thing isn't new, the whole hyper-pc, SJW culture is.
>>
>>52659965
:)
>>
>>52660034

Come now, my sensei
Your honor demands better
Then simple smilies.
>>
>>52660089
Nah, not really.
I'm just a bored old fart that digs haikus. I have plenty of honor, and when you do, there is no need to prattle on my friend
>>
>>52659781
Startle is not the right word. Irk would be.
And not the internet, I deal with his kind in real life as well. There's at least 3 in every one of my film classes due to professor and course requisite overlaps with Film.
Nor is this the only kind I want to punch. If I can describe your lifestyle as anything "_____ vegan" and people immediately recognize what I mean, you're cruising for a bruising. Jehovah's witness? Jesus vegan. Crossfit/marathon runners? Workout vegans. Etc.

And if they have that stupid-looking, nearly-always-pink-but-sometimes-blue haircut, you can bet your bottom dollar they're sexuality vegans.

So if you have that haircut, yes, you belong to a group who have repeatedly proven to me both online and in real life, that I want to punch you.
>>
>>52660121
Ah, but my sensei
Poetry IS prattling on
Is it not, sensei?
>>
>>52659798
kids these days aren't millennials.
>>
>>52660183
>be me
>finish college, start substitute teaching to get some extra cash
>90% of students were born after 9/11
>>
>>52659781
>You're really taking a stand on hating this guy?
Yeah I am. He's an insufferable bitch. A virtue signalling fucktard that helped write the shittiest part of a meh rpg.

Deal
With
It
Faggot
>>
>>52659793
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=11990.0

You don't even know how tiers work do you?
>>
>>52660171
No, never.
To prattle on is just silly nonsense. Poetry takes effort
>>
>>52660005
Not that guy but, different things are indeed different in specific contextual relation.

Characterizing the entire phenomena of social media as hyper pc and sjw seems off given the simultaneous rise gamergate, alt-right internet subcultures, and an increasingly conservative technocratic class. Probably more accurate to say social media enables and reifies polarized world views by rapidly spreading opinions, discarding pretence of discourse between views as necessary and replacing them with seeming volume and mass.
>>
>>52660218
>his hope and exuberance, gone
>>
>>52659392
>new things made at a similar complexity
Anon's problem is that these don't exist.
>>
>>52660245

This. Social media, polarisation and extremism is something that affects every 'side' you could care to mention.
>>
>>52658339

Its more of a question that the market is learning what sells good and what does not.

This industry is run by money, just like everything else. If you got some tight ass suit claiming your company will sell X% more if you make it available to those less interested in advanced gameplay, you will do so for the better of the company.

What many people ignore is that this is a slim hobby as it is. Narrow it down to just miniature wargames or RPG, and even more so! These companies need to do what it takes to get new fresh blood in to the hobby, and if that means lowering the difficulty grade, then so be it.
>>
>>52660245
So, it's both the symptom and the disease is what your saying?
Either way, you are right I think.
>>
>>52660139
If you're an actual faggot and your big concern is lifestyle vegans harshing your vibe, you got some funny priorities.

>>52660226
internetbadass.jpg
>>
>>52660242
But my good sensei
>implying this is effort
Alas, but it isn't.
>>
>>52660260
Anon isn't really defining what level of complexity they're pining for, though, because generally speaking these do exist.

If he's pining for the "good old days" of first and second ed D&D, then the OSR movement is bigger than ever (and those games were never particularly complex anyway)

If he's pining for the "Good old days" of 3.5, then Pathfinder is as bloated and crunchy as ever and still pretty popular.
>>
>>52658284
I almost feel like this is bait for me to post the system I've been working on for some time, but it's not quite where I want it to be for a beta test. I recently decided to remove critical hits and replace them with Traumatic Damage Potential. Not entirely sure how I'm going to work that out, but it's going to involve losing limbs.

>less complexity
My system is less complex than any recent iteration of D&D/Pathfinder, but more complex in the number and types of characters you can make.

>less options
There are 50+ options available for characters (not including the skill system), and each race comes with specific things that separate them from other races - more extreme than "more dex, less con", actually vastly different in their strengths and weaknesses.

>less roleplaying
I opted for having no intelligence, wisdom, charisma, comlyness, or any other social attribute to encourage roleplaying. This even stretches to skills where there are a lack of things like investigation and carousing - things that should by all rights be roleplayed. The best a character can do is take a common sense or beautiful advantage, or an ugly disadvantage.

>less tactics
Designed so that this can go either way. I've done games where I don't need a playmat at all, and then I've had some where the only way I could possibly have correctly run everything would have been to have a 3D play area (lots of flying things) It's made so that GMs can take advantage of tactics if they want, but aren't forced to if they're going for more story based fights.

Maybe I'll post a quickstart in a couple of months after I get this TDP figured out.
>>
>>52660281
>internetbadass.jpg
No, I just happen to have an opinion that differs from yours apparently, and I feel strongly about it.
It's neither right or wrong. It just is
>>
>>52658569
>Be warm and welcoming and understanding and friendly
Why?

Honestly hate this cultural trend these days of circlejerking every competing opinion because you're afraid to stand by what you think.
>>
>>52660287
For you maybe. I couldn't spin off haikus like you do, you've got a talent
>>
>>52660293
You named one game, anon.
>>
>>52660260
How about all of the 40k rpgs?
>>
>>52659692
"Sensei" is three morae anon

:^)
>>
>>52660314

Read what I said again and realise they aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>52660319
A second talent?
I am actually good
For more then one thing.
>>
>>52658284
Why do you think that "Less Complexity" is a regressive development? Also, how is there less roleplaying now, than in the games that gave birth to the term "dungeon crawl?"
>>
File: 1442861356571.png (447KB, 1182x904px) Image search: [Google]
1442861356571.png
447KB, 1182x904px
>>52658284
What are we even arguing about? It's not like things are any better on this side. It's all worthless - they have the fake nerds and the newfaggots and whatever, and we have the That Guys and the rules lawyers and everything else on the opposite side of the coin that sucks.

I just want a game, man. A good game that isn't going to fall apart three sessions in. I don't even care about rules that much - I'm not a smart guy, I'm no good at number crunching and tactics beyond anything simple. If people who were new to the hobby had good story ideas, I'd play with them over 'jaded beyond belief' here in a heartbeat.
>>
>>52660307
>gonna punch some bitch because of my opinions
nice
>>
>>52660348
They are. You say to suck everyone's dick and welcome them with love so they'll maybe suck your dick in turn. It's a circlejerk. You're not standing by your opinion, you're not arguing for it, you don't even really believe anything, you're just a big fucking blob of compromise that's too afraid of offending anyone to be anything else.
>>
>>52660345
Being discontinued.
>>
>>52660281
It's not my only concern. It's a concern i'd rather not have. But they have gone out of their way to make it my concern, so it is.
>>
>>52660361
I never said I'd punch him, but now that you mention it, yeah I would
>>
>>52659793
There are overstatements with some basis:
>Fighters as a class literally do not function, you literally cannot play a fighter
>The only feats worth taking are metamagic feats, augment summoning, and Natural Spell
And then stuff like this
>Sorcerer is completely broken. The class does not function
That really makes you think. Then you see
> Hoenstly alchemist is a tier 6 class
And you see you have no idea what you are talking about.

Just ignore this faggot.

>>52658284
Either people dedicate less time and attention to things, or people THINK other people dedicate less time and attention to things. Th result is designer choices for people with ADHD (ADH&D?).
There are indeed systems that need a cleanup. I defend pathfinder because only a drooling retard with a mono-playstyle can think that classes are useless, but is true that the noise-to-signal ratio is big.
>>
>>52660005
>the whole "get off my lawn" thing isn't new, the whole hyper-pc, SJW culture is.
Or, y'know, it just looks that way to an old fogey like yourself. Remember that thinking that "this BS the youngsters are doing" is somehow materially different from your own teenage revolt X years previous is a cornerstone of the phenomenon. If you could empathize with them, it wouldn't be a thing.
>>
>>52660375
Clearly ya'll should buy more peanut butter. Vote with your wallet and all that.
>>
>>52660367

Read what I said again. If you continue to believe I'm talking about the same thing you just posted, work on your reading comprehension.
>>
>>52660350
I'm sure you're good for a lot of stuff anon, not just haikus. It may not seem like it at times but have some advice:
everyone feels that way from time to time, not just you
>>
We stand tall and proud
Now in light of Emperor
Our crusade awaits.
>>
>>52660377
You a peach anon.
>>
File: 1490504451495.gif (178KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1490504451495.gif
178KB, 160x160px
I like games.

I ran a short 5e game with some friends where it was the wild west with dudes in armor and kobold banditos. I'm also part of a Iron Kingdoms Unleashed where I'm playing a pig dude. Last thing I played before those was a 2e game where I played a optimistic bard from a roaming tribe which had large herds of even larger mountain sheep.

I want to play Shadowrun but I ca never find a group and it seems a little steep on the learning curve to run.

Do you like games, /tg/? I like games.
>>
>>52660400
Heck, if anything it's the exact same as the peace and free love movements of the 60s hippies, just now on offense instead of defense.
Which would make it the exact same youthful rebellion as the old fogeys.
>>
>>52659744
>The problem is with morons who try to assert their views over others, not with any particular flavour of view being asserted.
Quoted for truthiness.

>>52659894
>I can assure you, if they have that haircut, they will be one of those aforementioned morons.
Stop trying to assert your views of the meanings of other people's haircuts!
>>
>>52660421
You realize that the middle line of a haiku has seven syllables rather than the five of the first and third lines, right?

Why don't you fucking impress me and write a villanelle.
>>
>>52660400
I never had a teenager revolt or whatever. I went to school, worked to pay for my own secondary education, started my own business and raised a family.
I didn't have time to rebel, I'm not a tryhard like you, I guess.
I was a wee bit busy making somerhing out of my life
>>
>>52660404
I read what you said. You're just not getting that I'm calling your 'love and acceptance so other people love and accept me!' viewpoint marshmallow bullshit.
>>
>>52660437
We do not. Much like /v/ hates all Vidya, we here on /tg/ hate all tabletop games, be they boards, cards, or rpgs.
>>
>>52660474

And you are proving a complete lack of understanding, as well as a lack of any desire to accept the idea that you could be wrong. Keep on being an asshole, see how that works out for you.
>>
>>52660492
You haven't proven anyone or anything wrong. You just keep saying "YOU JUST DON'T GET ME BRO" while I reiterate that I think your viewpoint is the product of a weak personality.
>>
>>52660437
I too do. It's just people have stopped remembering when life could be fun and the internet was for the lulz.
>>
>>52660472
>worked to pay for my own secondary education
So either you're an old fart or you were making a six figure salary before taking on secondary education.

Millennial gripes about the cost of college are completely reasonable. But most of our proposed solutions are certainly garbage.
>>
>>52660418
I would rather not
Spill my innermost feelings
On 4chan, honestly.

>>52660458
Peace, Anonymous.
I am a simple novice
In my poetry.
>>
>>52660400
The actual difference is that the older people in the hippy days opposed them, whereas these days they cater to them completely, which means retarded teenage ideas keep effecting culture and policy.
>>
>>52660437
>do you like games
>/tg/
You don't know where you are do you?
To me it seems that everyone here will hate the games you play for no other reason than to hate it
>>
>>52660517
You don't have to anon
>>
>>52659444
Checking your trips and chiming in that I'm all for playing Black JFK and hunting the Undead.
>>
>>52660367
Circlejerks? Man, they were great.

I DONT WANT TO LIVE TO BE 34 / I DONT WANNA DIE IN A NUCLEAR WAR

There's your #ReadingComprehension, kiddos.

Now if you'll excuse me a minute, Anons, I've got a compulsion to go smash something.
>>
>>52660516
I never said I was anything but an old fart. I'm 41.
I didn't make 6 figures before going to school, and I didn't go to an indoctrination camp (read 4yr uni) for secondary education. I'm a welder by trade and now own a small machine shop.
I couldn't tell you how to run the 2 CNC machines I have, but I pay my people well and they run it for me.
>>
>>52660576
Thank you, my sensei
How new am I to Haiku?
I begun today.
>>
>>52660612
I would've never guessed
>>
>>52660511

You reiterate that you believe a viewpoint I do not in fact hold is the result of a weak personality. Your continued insistence that I do, in fact, hold it just shows that you're an idiot.
>>
File: 1470518094917.jpg (179KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470518094917.jpg
179KB, 1280x800px
>>52660517
Write me a villanelle! Do it! Fucking challenge yourself, improve what you're working on! Don't just stop because you don't think you're good enough - you'll never get better if you stop.
>>
>>52660517
5, 7, 5. Sometimes but rarely rearranged. With a focus on juxtaposed ideas presented as separate thoughts.
>>
>>52660651
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMSUc2YjZ0k
>>
>>52660472
>I never had a teenager revolt or whatever.
Don't buy it. You might not frame it as a "revolution", in your mind, but if you've successfully managed school, a business and a senpai, then I GUARANTEE at some point, you gave your parents / teachers / society a literal or metaphorical middle finger and struck out and established your own identity as an individual. It's a critical part of mentally transitioning from being a kid to an adult.

People who never go through that process tend to be a bit pathetic and not very successful at most things.
>>
>>52660651
Ease up on haikuanon, dude.
>>
>>52660612
began. you began today retard
>>
>>52659593
>So... Someone else's ideas, preferences and life choices actively offend and anger you? Why? Does how he chooses to live his life personally affect you in any way?

diff anon.
see it's not that it offends us, it that's those faggots have to shove it in anything.
you ever hear the somewhat bland joke of: an X, a Y and a vegan walk into a bar. How did I know? because they told me.
It's sort of like that.
from honest experience, they are the sort who have to be the center of attention and they make shit up to get it and get easily offended.
yes, their life choices that effect me do anger me, especially when you have enough fucking grognards in this hobby already.
>>
>>52660639
This thread is my start
Inspired by Ishigaki
To write my Haiku.

>>52660651
Sorry anon, no.
Haiku is my interest.
Such length is not me.

>>52660661
?

>>52660693
A minor error
Does not warrant such rudeness
Civility, please.
>>
>>52660644
>you believe a viewpoint I do not in fact hold
>>52658569
>Be happy that other people are able to enjoy a hobby you love, even if they don't do so in the same way. Be warm and welcoming and understanding and friendly
>>
>>52660680
>I GUARANTEE at some point, you gave your parents / teachers / society a literal or metaphorical middle finger
No, not at all. I was supported by family and friends and all that. The reason I worked for my schooling is because I knew my parents were poor as fuck and didn't want to burden them with loans or whatever on my behalf
>>
>>52660536
You continuing to cite differences between "the kids then" and "the kids now" just reinforces my point. It's a false dichotomy. We haven't evolved significantly in the last 100,000 years. There were 40 year old cavemen sitting around complaining about how these young teenager cavemen didn't understand, etc. The "actual difference" is that these is no actual difference.
>>
>>52660719

Hold on, let me get you the full quote so you can stop being stupid.

>because that's the best way to tell people why you love what you love and to open them up to the idea of enjoying the kind of games you do.

Because you know what that's called? Enlightened self interest. Good fucking advertising and marketing.

At no point does it require you to compromise on your opinions or to not hold strongly to what you believe in. It asks you to do so without being a fucking asshole for the direct personal benefit of being a more effective way of selling people on things and getting them interested.
>>
>>52660716
Get a trip or a name so you can get filtered thanks
>>
>>52658284
>less complexity
>less options
Streamlining in order to attract an audience who isn't put off by a massive rule-set. The product turning a profit is a factor in keeping it alive.

>less roleplaying
>less tactics
A larger audience from simpler rules means that less intelligent people play. I introduced a bunch of people to pen-and-paper RPGs a few years ago and about half of them were more interested in just killing things or "winning" against the DM. Of course, when they are out-manoeuvred or there's nothing to kill they suddenly don't want to play any more. As a forever DM, playing with people like that is not a pleasant experience.

>All these edition war posts
>All these generation-blaming posts
Grow up, cunts.
>>
>>52660745
Anon, such hatred...
Do I deserve it, anon?
Am I obnoxious?
>>
>>52660716
Instructions, good sir.
A haiku requires proper
structure and content.
>>
>>52660708

But isn't it clear how that's a self-creating bias?

Loud people being dicks about their beliefs will always draw attention to themselves, and certain groups might have disproportionately more people like that than others.

But how do you know, amongst all the other people you've ever met, how many others held those beliefs? How many people who were reasonable and rational and just didn't bring it up happened to agree with this or that?

It's the problem with pointing the finger at any group like this, and requires self-awareness and understanding of how the human brain works. We love to create patterns, to string events together into what appears to be a strong, consistent trend, but what we don't consider is the other side of the coin. All those entirely harmless encounters that you probably mostly forgot soon after having them, where you didn't know about the other persons views because they didn't bring them up.

It's why I'm always sceptical, both of my own thoughts and the thoughts of others, when a group is singled out like that, because the 'evidence' for it is almost always flawed in the exact same way.
>>
>>52660745
>being this mad for no reason
Please get a rope and hang yourself.
Haikuanon is neat. At least he isn't shitting all over everyone's opinion like everyone else seems to do all the time
>>
>>52660739
Uh, no, my post, and I'm someone new by the way, is talking about old people then vs old people now. Maybe try reading.

Cultures do in fact change. This idea that we're in a constant stasis of unchanging generational memes is as idiotic and ignorant as one can possibly be.
>>
>>52660783
jesus fucking christ you stupid cunt, shave yourself a sidecut and get the fuck back to where you came from
>>
>>52660744
Your motivation doesn't change what you said. To not hold any opinions and facilitate a circlejerk so as not to have to disagree with anyone.
>>
>>52660725
What did you seek to prove?
>>
>>52660795

...No?

You're free to disagree with people. Nothing I said states otherwise. It's about not being a fucking asshole about it.
>>
>>52660793
No U
>>
>>52660779
Then please instruct me
My honorable sensei
I am a novice.
>>
File: it was her turn.png (616KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
it was her turn.png
616KB, 1070x601px
>>52660819
fuck off back to
the shithole reddit where you
are so clearly from
>>
>>52660796
Didn't feel like I had to prove anything... Just didn't want to be poor, wanted a family and kids. That takes drive and dedication, I giess.
I mean, I'm sure you see rebellion somewhere in that, and that's fair i assume, but for me it wasn't rebelling.
The most important thing was that I didn't scream at everyone that I deserved anything, I worked for it
>>
>>52660807
>Loving and accepting everyone's views
>Disagreeing
I think you need to re-learn English.
>>
>>52660807
If you call any attempt at dissent "being an asshole" then yeah, it does.

Stealth thoughtpolicing is still thoughtpolicing.
>>
>>52660832

I think the lesson is better returned to you, since those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

I can understand and accept something without agreeing with it. I can even disagree and reasonably, rationally debate and argue its merits with someone, all without being an asshole. I might even learn something and have it be a positive, constructive experience where I learn more about appreciating what I enjoy through having to defend it.

>>52660833

I'm not even sure what you're talking about at this point, or how it in any way relates to my original post.
>>
>>52660793
Nah man, that shit looks lame as fuck. I'll stick with my old fogee long hair and beard I've worn my whole life...
Well, the beard, that came at about 19... so 1995?
>>
>>52660788
>old people then vs old people now
and inverting the argument changes what, exactly?

>Cultures do in fact change
They absolutely do, but the default state of the human brain doesn't. There are new ideas that evolve over the generations and are passed down, but there are also patterns of thought that arise organically from how we're wired that repeat over and over. The pattern of the young looking forward to the "bright new future" and the old people looking back to "the lost golden age" has been around as long as recorded history, at least.

The thing I take issue with is the assumed superiority, not the specific reasons people use to try and justify it.
>>
>>52660857
>gets called out on being a commie shitbag who can't handle wrongthink (any opinion different than your own)
>uh I don't even know what you mean
so THIS is the power of marxist programming
>>
>>52660829
Such insults, anon.
Such things should be above you
They dishonor you.
>>
>>52660884
there is nothing left

but taking a nice hot bath

with a large toaster
>>
>>52660884
Don't sweat the genuine retards, haikuanon
>>
>>52660593
I'm imagining this campaign as a sequel where Elvis and JFK both survive and take the act on the road, hunting the undead across america. Probably pick up a few extra members on the way... and I'm open to suggestions on who that might consist of.
>>
>>52658284

Apparently Descent second edition doesn't exist.

Gloomhaven is nonexistent too
>>
>>52660922
nice dubs cuck
>>
>>52660831
Perhaps that you could do better? That you didn't belong impoverished? Or maybe you just didn't want to need their help any longer, to stand on your own two feet?
>>
>>52660869
What it accomplishes is this:

Culture and society changes. Thus society's reaction to the innate foibles of youth and old age. It's not these foibles in and of themselves that are our current problem, but rather the fact that our society has changed to become more accommodating to the ignorant, naive, and extreme viewpoints of children, leading those same views to have a negative impact on said society.

Old people are the ones in power, even now the boomers are in control of most of the government, and they are unalike their own parents in that they have brought about this cultural change that listens to the screaming of the youth, at least in sup;superficial ways.
>>
>>52660819
Please dearest seito,
Pay attention to my words.
They're in broad daylight.
>>
>>52660932
Thanks shitbag.
I know you're being an edgy 4chan kid, but cuck? Really?
Try at least being original. I mean, call me a cockmongler, or an assmaster or something.
Just because he admitted hes legit autistic and I'm being nice, I'm a cuck. Good show son, keep up the good work
>>
>>52660910
Seppuku will not
Be my chosen fate
No, Anonymous.

>>52660922
Thank you, good anon
I plan to sleep anyway
I may return yet.

Goodnight.
>>
File: 1490725867787.jpg (145KB, 693x910px) Image search: [Google]
1490725867787.jpg
145KB, 693x910px
>>
File: normal person.jpg (200KB, 1024x887px) Image search: [Google]
normal person.jpg
200KB, 1024x887px
>>52660983
>cuck flipping his shit
>>
File: 1490726662724.jpg (195KB, 702x905px) Image search: [Google]
1490726662724.jpg
195KB, 702x905px
>>
File: would-you-like-to-know-more-o.gif (377KB, 269x179px) Image search: [Google]
would-you-like-to-know-more-o.gif
377KB, 269x179px
>>
>>52660942
No man. Look. It's really simple. There's opportunity for everyone if they just stfu and apt themselves. So guess what? I shut my stupid teenager mouth and took advantage of what I could and made something of myself.
Brown's have it easier than I did: there is no United White Guy College Fund, there's get your ass out there and work.
>inb4 racist!
Ok, whatever you say
>>
>>52661006
Sure thing nigger, whatever you say
>>
>>52661012
>>52661021
nolookslikeshit.jpg
>>
>>52658284
What we're seeing is departure from the kitchen sink approach of 90's ruleswriting. There is no need to calculate windspeed and angle of armor hit (hi Mein Panzer!) because if you want that level of detail, computer sims and strategy games can give you much better results than any tabletop will, especially since no one wants to umpire, making any sort of Clausewitzian friction impossible to model.

In essence, tabletop becomes less detailed because it already lost that race to vidya, so focusing on smooth, quick experience is the only thing it has going for it.

People who grew up with wargames no longer have the time to play 8hr battles, and people who are at the age they can no longer want or can afford to.
>>
>>52660910
See you have the syllable structure right, but you're missing the separate but juxtaposed thoughts.
Corrected example:

Tonight you should bathe,
relaxed alongside a friend--
Your plugged-in toaster
>>
>>52661006
Oh wow he even looks like Adam koebal.
>>
>>52661092
I hope that's you haikuanon, that was hilarious
>>
>>52661012
>sniper and assault rifles use the same skill
>shotguns and grenade launchers use the same skill
No.
>>
>>52661111
>cuck wastes quads trying to suck a retard's dick who isn't even here anymore
>>
>>52661028
Hmmm. I wonder if you've just yet to hit it. Or, perhaps, are hitting it now.
>>
>>52661119
>he's never fired a weapon
>he has no idea that marksmanship is marksmanship
>>
File: 1488131004675.jpg (13KB, 339x302px) Image search: [Google]
1488131004675.jpg
13KB, 339x302px
>>52661122

>Triggered butthurt

Go play some games anon. Fuck. What are you doing here?
>>
>>52660857
The guy pointing out you're full of commie bullshit is right. There are limited amount of games that will see play, if you don't aggressively promote what you want it will lose to the generic bland main stream.

Compromise is the weakest argument being considered equal to the strongest. Love and understanding can fuck off because it's simply the weaker member dominating the stronger member.
>>
>>52661133
>has absolutely no idea how those weapons differ
>>
>>52661143
And now you understand that women have always enslaved men and use the lie that men "oppress" women to continue to enslave them
>>
>>52661143

Again, how is any of that at all related to what I was saying?

I am saying the best way to aggressively promote what you like is to do so without being an asshole. That should be a pretty non-controversial statement.
>>
>>52661141
He started this thread to get in an Internet fistfight, and he'll be darned if he doesn't engage in one with literally every anon passing through, even a chill-ass wandering minstrel.
>>
File: mr sanders in the flesh.jpg (170KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
mr sanders in the flesh.jpg
170KB, 640x640px
>>52661167
Shut up commie retard, go feel the bern somewhere else

why don't you seize the means of producing a worthwhile opinion and then redistribute it to your parents so that they choose to abort any other kids they accidentally conceive
>>
File: veritasCU01 [2174].jpg (2MB, 1440x2127px) Image search: [Google]
veritasCU01 [2174].jpg
2MB, 1440x2127px
>>52661054
Possibly, but the skill system is pretty complex. You can go jack of all trades route, or go the PHD route as there are expert level skills (that aren't listed) above the intermediate ones. Expert level weapons training gives you access to special abilities like Gun-Fu, Bow mastery, stuff like that...

Aesthetics are my lowest priority. I'm focusing on mechanics for now, though I do have some good art for it going on...
>>
>>52660401
That one's not on the consumers, but rather on deals between FFG and GW.
>>
>>52661167
Do you not see the difference between having an idea and watering that idea down so you invest time on other ideas you don't want?
>>
>>52661199
Good luck bud at least you're trying to do something that isn't retarded rules light dogshit
>>
>>52661203

I can see a difference. I don't see how that's at all relevant to anything I have said up until now.
>>
>>52661214
Because apparently you're an idiot. No point replying further. Enjoy your washing machine television fax machine modem. Got to compromise, can't just have a washing machine, got to meet in the middle.
>>
>>52661178
>even a chill-ass wandering minstrel
No shit. For some reason I really dug that haikuanon
>>
>>52661190
Socialism is not communism /pol/, and literally every first world country other than the US has socialized healthcare and higher education tuition subsidization.
It's almost like it benefits society to have healthy workers that are educated enough to compete on the global market without having incurred inescapable debt slavery or something.
>>
File: 1466043988918.jpg (191KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466043988918.jpg
191KB, 500x500px
>friend BEGS me to run a game for him, his girlfriend, and her friends
>he swears up and down they're interested in playing
>already a massive red flag with a majority female group
>fine I say, I've been dying to use a setting I've been working on
>work really hard setting things up to be a good learning curve for new players
>help everyone out with questions
>first day everyone shows up
>i'm getting optimistic
>barely 15 minutes in and the game hasn't even truly started, the girls all take selfies of their character sheets and some dice
>they all start talking about this big event at the local bar and all decide to go there instead of finishing the game
>I stand there looking like an ass with a shit ton of effort down the drain

I absolutely refuse to play with anyone under 30. I rather deal with building a schedule around old fucks' kids than this shit. No one will ever convince me casual players are anything other than scum.
>>
>>52661241

Don't reply to trolls anon
>>
File: Dracula_r.jpg (67KB, 600x764px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula_r.jpg
67KB, 600x764px
>>52658284
Perhaps the same could be said of all gaming?
>>
>>52661238
Me too, I hope he continues his craft, we need more unique individuals that aren't turbo cancer.
>>
>>52661241
I'm in one of those countries. Would you like to see how it's collapsing under it's own weight?

Socialism expands infinitely, it turns into communism because it's a lighter version of communism and governments always expand.
>>
>>52661263
I mean, Zelda took a turn for the old school by returning to its openworld roots recently.
And there's always indie stuff that harkens back to the older days of brutally hardcore and complex.
>>
>>52661274
No shit... ya know, everyone says this board is cancer, that board is cancer... frankly this whole place is pretty turbo cancer as you so aptly put it
>>
File: leech_final01.jpg (2MB, 2500x3750px) Image search: [Google]
leech_final01.jpg
2MB, 2500x3750px
>>52661209
Thanks. I've been working on it for a long while, and I'm trying more and more to separate it from its roots (3.5), maintain the complexity of combat, and at the same time make character creation easy so the game is approachable.

Origins work as a sort of mini-class system, with each origin having it's own hit dice, evo points, skill tics, attributes, etc... Then you use evo points to build your character from that template adding on things like Pyrokenesis, Chronomancy, Regeneration, etc... I've run the system in every setting - modern, future, fantasy (though it's built more towards future-modern). I really want to get out a quickstart, but I don't have the time to focus on it right now (school), and I just decided on some adjustments. Its right along the lines of what >>52658284 was asking for though...

Pics here and >>52661199 are PCs
>>
>>52661283
Im guessing Denmark or Belgium?
I mean, a Swede would never say anything but fuck my wife, refugees welcome....
>>
File: 1428137223709.jpg (63KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1428137223709.jpg
63KB, 640x360px
>expect another Skubtasy vs Age of Skub thread
>read the thread

What the fuck i happening
>>
>>52659923
Statistics are rarely approached with scientific integrity in the gathering of data and that same data is used to support a bias.

A prime example was during the US elections with your supposed "math" saying that Hillary would win. These numbers weren't made up but the majority of people polled were between 18 and 25 and lived in major metros, a group that overwhelmingly support democrats.

This is why you cannot just trust statistics at face value without exploring how the statistics are generated.
>>
>>52659606
More of an emphasis on choosing moves and powers and practically requiring a battlemat to play. Also the art looked like World of Warcraft.
I didn't mind the art.
I love it when 3.5 fanboys point and screech at 4e for being a tabletop MMO when their game is basically tabletop diablo.
Dragonborn are good but their lore could be better.
I backported them to my OSR games.
>>
>>52661283
You're right. Fire departments and libraries were a mistake. Erase the minimum wage, let's go back to the days of indentured servitude where a guy pays you in low quality food and shelter and literally owns you due to debt. Let's deregulate the fda and epa. Sinclair's Jungle wasn't that bad, right? And who cares if there's DEET in the public water supply, the rich drink from bottles anyways. The Magna Carta and subsequent revolutions that ended Feudalism were clearly where we went wrong.
>>
>>52661337
Britain.
>>
>>52661376
It's always funny when a liberal gets upset and throws a shit ton of strawmen at you rather than making an actual argument.

Go take a look at Britain and where all this socialism has ended. A muslim invasion, a collapsing health series with no private alternative (you have to go through the socialist system to go private) and a welfare state supporting the lowest of the low breeding on mass while the successful can't afford to have kids because their taxes are so high. Got to love a socialist country that has turned against it's native population and responsible people, it's the future don't you know!

I'll give you a hint. Look up minimum wage and how it doesn't help any one. Any rise in minimum wage must be paid for by the employer which increases the cost of goods to compensate. As such minimum wage doesn't help any one but devalues the currency and from there you can start looking at more reasons why liberalism doesn't work, it just sounds good to emotional appeals.
>>
>>52661385
Enoch was right, my brother... Enoch was just too god damned right
>>
>>52661428

Man, you're hilarious. Britfag here, amused at how impossibly wrong you are about the problems we're currently suffering over here.

Hint- It isn't the lefts fault.
>>
>>52661430
This fact is both true and terrifying. If I had any where else to go I wouldn't live in the UK any more. I'm disgusted by this country and it's people for letting this happen. Albion should be great, but it's a dying corpse rotten on all levels.
>>
>>52661376
>fucking retarded commie thinks we can't pay for services unless the government takes a cut of the money first

There may be something to the idea that some people are intended to be slaves
>>
>>52661462
Hint- There is no right in Britain. Not a single party isn't for equality. If it's not the left's fault then who's fault is it when no one else exists?
>>
>>52661462
kys, Remain cocksucker. If you enjoy gargling Juncker's nuts so much, move and take a handful of Pakis with you.
>>
>>52661318
Oh yeah, speaking of unique individuals and cancer, I was thinking about making a website that uses Stylometry programs to compare 4chan posts to see if they're the same user. A samefag checker, if you will.
I originally had the idea to do it like a reddit bot, where you would just say like... "#samefagbot >>52661318 >>52661238" then it would post a percentage chance of same user. Just as a way to settle all those without screencaps and "300hrs in mspaint" squabbling.
But then I remembered automated posting is forbidden here, so even if I bought it a pass it would be banned.

So the next closest was website, that then spits out a temporary url you can link to the results.

Seems like a useful cancer-reducing utility to me, what say you?
>>
>>52661493
Hint- there is no left in the United States. There isn't a single party that isn't in the corporation's back pockets
>>
Vaguely relevant
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcEfOcEsbDc
>>
>>52661530
Not a bad idea. I do think, however valiant an effort, it would be wasted here
>>
>>52661553
>Hint- there is no left in the United States
Now you're going full retard, pal.
>>
>>52661553
And you're wrong again. Not a single party in the United states isn't for equality. Equality is an extreme left wing view.
>>
File: facebook fox edit.png (13KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
facebook fox edit.png
13KB, 128x128px
Interesting how some people on 4chave have finally began to grow some self awareness about generational differences and gaming.

The joke of course is that tabletop games are even better then video games at distancing yourself from communities or poisonous politics you personally disagree with, since you can play with who you want and basically can play any ruleset you want and tweak it in any way you want.

It's reasonable to roll your eyes in annoyance that Wizards of the Coast made the default human characters and class portraits black in DnD 5e because it is forced, obvious pandering to a political agenda. It is NOT reasonable however to throw away all the rules or ideas of that game, or even everyone who plays that game because 'hur muh MILLENNIALS!'

The truth is games getting simplified is a good thing. Early gaming had some of the simplest gaming ever and Grognards love it, despite seemingly hating the 'casualization' of modern tabletop games when they are literally more complex and less easily accessible then the oldest dungeon crawlers. It's actually kind of hilarious.

But please carry on talking about politics like retards while I steal these memes.
>>
Well, just finished watching A Fish Called Wanda... good movie, pretty funny.
Have a good night folks
>>
File: 1479348234343.jpg (42KB, 441x418px) Image search: [Google]
1479348234343.jpg
42KB, 441x418px
>>52661553
>everything about this post
Holy shit, are you retarded?
>>
>>52661598
And I forgot:
Haikuanon, if you're still here lurking or whatever, you fucking rock dude, keep being you
>>
>>52661595
>dumbing shit down is good because when the genre was invented nothing was invented yet

Kill yourself you fucking moron
>>
>>52661593
>Not a single party in the United states isn't for equality.
Lolwut? These people are repeatedly talking about legalizing discrimination of gays and you say they want total equality?
>>
>>52661593
Is this bait? This has to be bait, right? Nobody is this out of the loop.
>>
>>52661638
You must get your news from Buzzfeed if you believe this.
>>
>>52661585
Who, green party? When independents when an election I'll count them.
>>
>>52661618
Are you?
>>
>>52661595
Who are the 5e iconics? I googled 5e dnd iconic and mostly got Pathfinder art
>>
>>52661663
http://www.towleroad.com/2017/03/south-dakota-religious-freedom/
>>
File: c32.jpg (34KB, 680x384px) Image search: [Google]
c32.jpg
34KB, 680x384px
>>52661638
So do you just randomly copy chunks of HuffPo articles when you speak, or what? Because no mainstream movement in America is talking about forcing people to discriminate against gays. If you are petulantly whining about the bakers, that's literally a case where the Right simply said, "It should be a business owner's right to choose who they offer their services to." Gasp, freedom.
>>
>>52661673
Try the democrats.

Or do you consider electing a black man and attempting to get a white woman elected to be right wing as well?
>>
>>52661618
>Trying to argue with emoprogs
Nice try, bro. You and I both know that emoprogs are utterly beyond redemption.

I don't know whether they're secret right wingers or just nihilists, but they are, pound for pound, more destructive to the left than any right-winger could ever hope to be
>>
>>52661694
DnD doesn't have iconics that's a pathfinder thing. No planeswalkers here.
>>
File: 1488865940860.gif (172KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1488865940860.gif
172KB, 500x281px
>No government cares about space anymore

What's the point?
>>
>>52661705
American democrats would be conservatives if they lobbied their platform in pretty much any European country
>>
>>52661705
I do if all their policies are still at least center right.

Playing the race and sex card is just a ploy to get into power. Claim you champion the little man and stand for equality, say "vote for us or the big bad Republicans will get you" but when the chips are down only ever act in your lobbyist's favor.
>>
>>52661742
That is bullshit and you know it. You need to stop pretending that Europe is some sort of progressive utopia and join us in the real world
>>
>>52661737
Trump literally just yelled at NASA to take us back to the Moon.

>>52661705
Ahahahaha.Hahaha. Holy shit, that's rich. Also, a little racist and sexist.
>>
>>52661737
Because many private companies still do! 8D
>>
>>52661756
You're delusional. This isn't even up for debate. No matter how gay and black friendly democratic social policy is, their international policy would see them right of center no matter where you ported them to in the EU.
>>
>>52661742
Which proves my point. The West is so far left wing being a PROGRESSIVE is considered conservative. In the UK our conversation party puts women in positions of power and advertises they're for equality. A radical left wing idea.

>>52661754
Yea man, Obama shipping a bunch of niggers into white neighbourhoods they can't afford to live in is center right.

Can you just stop? It's clear you're full of shit when you link a website listing "trans rights" as a section.

You are so out of touch with the political spectrum it's amazing. It's like you've grown up in such a hardcore left wing state that you have a warped view of what actual right wing view points are.
>>
>>52661756
They'd be doing fine if they weren't having to take in refugees from a beehive the US repeatedly kicked and gave guns because "Muh oil"
>>
>>52661757

>Budget projects have them losing over 300 million dollars over their already terrible budget
>Throws even more money at the defense budget

Invest in rockets, not jets.
>>
>>52661757
>Trump will never say 'we choose to go back to the moon in this decade, not because we can, but because we must'
>we won't make the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11
>we won't make the 40th anniversary of Apollo 17
You just know funding for Moon missions is going to be fucked over for some stupid reason.
>>
>>52660608
so your a tech cuck as well as a loser who spends his time on 4chan?
>>
>>52661777
>Open borders for non-natives is a center right idea

Just stop, fucking stop before you look even dumber.

>>52661796
>The UK hasn't taken in any rapeugees yet the systems collapsing due to left wing immigration policies. Crime rates are increasing and little girls are being raped and murdered on the street.

Uh huh.. You're fucking insane.
>>
>>52661795
I'm pretty sure you're just so bloody hard right that everything else seems extremely left.
>>
>>52661795
>>52661818
>Cites Baraka Obama as a "left winger"
>Calls other people insane
Right of center on literally any conceivable version of the political compass.

Americans are so weird
>>
>>52661818
>The UK hasn't taken in any rapeugees yet the systems collapsing due to left wing immigration policies. Crime rates are increasing and little girls are being raped and murdered on the street.
Make up your mind. Are their rape immigrants mucking things up or aren't there?
>>
>>52661766

I honestly would kill to be Elon Musk's personal assistant. He is everything I want to be and more.

>Starts an incredibly successful 100% American built car company
>Invests in rockets that have test launched succesfully multiple times
>Starts brain scanning company
>Is a driving force for pure unadulterated technological progress
>The one thing I really want
>Would serve him loyally forever
>>
>>52661818
Has it occurred to you that you're so hard right that border policy that's been considered center-left academically for decades just reads as hard left to you because you know less about politics than you think you do?
>>
>>52661777
France literally has riots over gay marriage. Finland locks illegal immigrants up for indefinite sentences. Iceland doesn't allow second trimester abortions.

Delusional leftist idealists like you are fucking poison to a real leftist.
>>
>>52661849
Rapeugees refers to the "refugee crisis" group. We've had mass immigration since the 70s and it's fucked up the country. It's dying.

>>52661846
>Obama believes in equality
>is right of center

Pick 1. Can you not understand right wing means individuals being able to self actualize without being held down by others? Any thing which is about making things "fair" is left wing by default.

>>52661867
>If a society goes so far left that it considers left wing ideas right wing then they must be right wing

That isn't how it works. You're saying extremely left wing people in academia if things are left wing enough for them and they say no.

It's like I'm dealing with people raised in a cult of feminism and equality. They have no connection to reality at all
>>
>>52661852
unless he runs out of money because he keeps spending it and not making a successful product.
>>
>>52661813
Hey man, 40th anniversary of Apollo 11 was in 2009 so that one's on Dubya and Obama.
>>
>>52661912
The Apollo 17 40th anniversary was 2012 as well. I meant to put 50th for both.
>>
>>52661967
I figured, but I wanted to shitpost in a dying thread.
>>
>>52661867
Honestly, the idea that it's considered anywhere close to moderate to dissolve your border and let unvetted foreigners do whatever they want in your country without oversight, documentation, or taxation is a frightening one. And you just throw it out without a care in the world.
>>
>>52659698
Toenails don't count.
>>
>>52659340

Adam Koebel is a hipster, and a homo, and he broadcasts the hell out of those two things. But he's a fucking fantastic GM.

Game designer? Maybe not. But as a GM I think he's top notch. So don't kill him yet, the man's not as worthless as his overly-sensitive Twitter posts would suggest.
>>
>>52661814
I'm really sick of this fucking "hurr durr you're on 4chins so ur a LOOOOSER" meme
>>
>>52658284
Easy
>old RPGnerd
Damn it feelsh good to be a iq130+ scientist now jocksh dont bully me
>new rpg "player"
MOOOOM!!! GET THE CAMERA I ROLLED THE 20 OF EPOCNESS FUCKING WINRARZZZZ

In short yes. Fucking retards. I use gurps as litmus test to see if a player is a sub 90 iq subhuman and kick them ASAP
>>
>>52658558
Honestly I prefer 13th Age and Shadow of the Demon Lord to either of those games. But you're right, for many people finding a game is the primary concern and D&D and PF are the largest out there.
>>
>>52659606
>Because it didn't Feel like D&D.
Maybe because it was actually a decent game?
>>
>>52658284
>Crying over 4E being bloated, killed it
>"Where's 4E?"
>>
File: Queer Punk Vampire.jpg (207KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Queer Punk Vampire.jpg
207KB, 900x1200px
*blocks your path*
Yo Anon I heard you made transphobic remarks at your last session. That's like so problematic. I'm here to bash the fash.
>>
>>52658284
>Who the fuck decided that the best thing that could possibly happen to tabletop games is to fucking remove everything that was good about it?

lol m8

everybody knows, tabletop gaming isn't about the game

it's about the wacky social situations you get to pretend getting into via the medium of the game

but why don't you just play charades then?

well, the answer to that is obvious. it's: fuck you
>>
>>52664932
Ill go fucking weaboo crazy on you fucker. My waifu isnt trans it s a girl(boy). And she is pure.
I own all anima books this isnt a bluff.
>>
>>52658284
>less complexity
If you can do the same shit with less time-consuming shit in the way, that's efficiency.

>less options
You can fuck with things as you wish, it's usually considered that everything in the book is a template that can be reasonably altered depending on your group.

>less roleplaying
100% group dependant. If you don't do IC shit just because you can zone out and occasionally say "I hit it with my sword" then it's because you're choosing to do so.

>less tactics
Same as above.

If you do nothing but look at the rules alone and follow them 100% then you never understood the hobby in the first place.
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.