[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw want to GM but feel zero creativity in myself >even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: sad ork.png (23KB, 114x114px) Image search: [Google]
sad ork.png
23KB, 114x114px
>tfw want to GM but feel zero creativity in myself
>even my characters are too much myself but in fantasy

How can I fix it, /tg/?
>>
>>52650526
Read more.
>>
>>52650544
This, or be a bitch and just mope about crying about shit you have full control over
>>
>>52650544
I can steal things from media all right, but it isn't creativity
>>
>>52650586
Creativity is simply the act of stealing from everyone else and making it look like you made it up yourself.
>>
>>52650620
That's not the path of justice and truth.
>>
>>52650586
I didn't mean steal. What I meant is that creativity is born by stimulating your brain with world building, and reading is the best way to do so. When you read a book you have to imagine what is happening from the description, which in turn helps you train imagining.
>>
>>52650526
Run a couple pre-mades until you get the hang of it.
>>
>>52650586
Steal from more than one source. Creativity is almost entirely combining old ideas in new ways, no making entirely new ideas.
It doesn't even need to be new really.
>>
>>52650586
do not steal, mix.
although from small stolen parts, the proportions and the way they are mixed are your doing, your input.

or just bruteforce everything. your characters are basically you? make an opposite, then make a middle ground, then made a middle ground in a different way, then make opposites to those middle grounds in a way that doesn't result in anything that has already been made this way.
imo first way is better, but if you are having troubles here's the easy way
>>
File: Justice.jpg (30KB, 305x481px) Image search: [Google]
Justice.jpg
30KB, 305x481px
>>52650636
Are you insinuating that I do not fight for justice?
>>
>>52650526
Ask for ideas but be okay with not accepting them. Try tweaking them or even changing major elements. Delve further into ideas even if you don't want to use them. Knowing what you want is also knowing what you don't want, and sometimes it's easier to figure out what you don't want. I found a lot of creativity just taking to my players about potential backgrounds. Now we have a shape shifting stone wizard tower and a gnome village that harvests giant plums for cloud giants.
>>52650662 also this
>>
>>52650586
You don't need to steal outright.
Just look at a story event or character archetype that you think that your players would enjoy and figure out how it would work in your universe.
By the time you figure that out it will usually become it's own thing.
>>
>>52650526
>start with modules
>use tables/cheatsheets with lists of rps elements
>read and steal read and steal read and steal
>grow some balls
>simplicity is not a curse
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.