[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>What is Exalted? An epic high-flying role-playing game a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 45

File: Logo.jpg (572KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Logo.jpg
572KB, 1920x1080px
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Preview
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms%20of%20the%20Chosen%20Preview.docx?dl=0

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Kung Fu Edition. What's your favourite Martial Art Style?
>>
>>52642083
> What's your favourite Martial Art Style?
The slutty one.
>>
>>52642167

The slutty CMA or the slutty SMA?
>>
>>52642194
Both?
>>
>>52642083
Infernal Monster. Which, in 3e, half of its charms went to Solar Brawl and the other half went to Solar Resistance.
>>
>>52642083
>What's your favourite Martial Art Style?
Wind Chases the Hand

Sort of like White Reaper but focused on dueling rather than scything mortals.

Think Celestial iaijutsu.

Canon? Art of Meditative Discussion
>>
>>52642350

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see what Infernal Brawl is like. Hopefully it'll retain its own distinct flavour despite the Solar charmset taking liberally fro it.
>>
I want to go over Artifact Dildo ideas >>52641131
>>
>>52642459

There was an artefact in the Scroll of Swallowed Darkness that let a man shag a volcano. It's ostensibly a dildo fleshlight combo. Does that count?
>>
>>52642403
Solars also got Viridian Legend Exoskeleton, bullshittedly. Not even "similar, but different". It even does the WHOOSH-SHUNK-KSHUNK-KSHUNK plates-sliding-over-lesser-armor bit.
>>
So asking for a friend here, does ahlat have a normal human cock or a bull cock?
>>
>>52643249
One of each, actually.
>>
>>52642083
Violet Bier, followed closely by Jenna's recent Hidden Horse.
>>
File: AbyssalWithGoremaul.jpg (355KB, 1440x1426px) Image search: [Google]
AbyssalWithGoremaul.jpg
355KB, 1440x1426px
>>52642722

Sounds like they really wanted anime transformation sequences. Or Power Ranger/Kamen Rider/etc throwbacks.
>>
File: ViolentKen.jpg (208KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
ViolentKen.jpg
208KB, 1400x1400px
>>52642083

Brawl.
>>
>>52643490
Well hell, all you need for that is Hauberk-Summoning Gesture comboed with Whirlwind Armor-Donning Prana and a sick stunt.
>>
File: 53876027_p8_master1200.jpg (658KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
53876027_p8_master1200.jpg
658KB, 960x1200px
>>52643490
Do you have, like, an album somewhere online of the apparently large amount of quality art you've collected? I keep seeing you post neat stuff and find myself saving it at least half the time.
>>
File: FireAspect7.jpg (293KB, 1060x1500px) Image search: [Google]
FireAspect7.jpg
293KB, 1060x1500px
>>52643644

No, I've just been playing RPG's for a really long time and have amassed a bunch of stuff.
>>
File: YoungFemaleSwordsman.jpg (85KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
YoungFemaleSwordsman.jpg
85KB, 500x625px
>>52643644

Oh wait, I'm retarded and misread the first part. Yeah, I do have a pinterest somewhere. But it's never too up to date because I only post stuff every now and then. Still probably has 300-400 pics on it though.
>>
>>52642083
>Kung Fu Edition. What's your favourite Martial Art Style?
Most Martial Arts feel like they should just be about fluff, appropriate specialties and native Charms that are in line with the style, but a couple of MAs feel like they really deserve to be distinct things of their own. Black Claw, for instance, so I'll say it's my favorite.
>>
>>52643883

Adding on to that, does anyone else choose a Martial Art for their character based on how it'd fit with the characters personality instead of mechanics?
>>
>>52642083
Of the new ones, Single Point.

Of the classic ones, Righteous Devil.
>>
>>52643921
I do sometimes, with styles like Crane and Dreaming Pearl.
>>
>>52642083
Crane, because Im a sucker for the peacemaker friendly types.
>>
>>52643883

I usually do both. Like if I'm interested in Crane's mechanics, I'll shape the character's personality towards pacifistic philosophiser. Whereas if I want my character to be a manipulative bitch, I'll take Black Claw, and change up the rest of her mechanics so it works.
>>
File: MAistInGi.jpg (174KB, 1184x1361px) Image search: [Google]
MAistInGi.jpg
174KB, 1184x1361px
>>52643921

I can't because I'm way too invested in the mechanics of a character. Mechanics to me are the literal skeleton of which you build a character out of, so to be suitably badass, I'd need suitably strong mechanics to pull it off. I can't really say no to playing optimized characters, which is probably a habit picked up from video gaming most of my life, where you usually had to eke out every last stat point or whatever to actually excel in a lot of older games.

At heart I'm a huge combat monster and love being a machine designed to eat NPC's and shit loot piles. Exalted MA doesn't really do that, with the various restrictions on MA, and problems trying to mix several styles, etc.
>>
>>52643921

Whoops, above should have been replying to this.
>>
>>52642083
Golden Janissary Style remains my favorite stlye to this day, I was pretty sad to see it get cut from 3e
>>
>>52644561

It's not exactly cut - it just wasn't in Core. It wasn't in 2E core either.
>>
>>52644624
Vance has hinted it might show up in the Dragon-Blooded book.
>>
What the fuck is a factory cathedral? Do you go there to worship while cars are made?
>>
>>52644749

2e, baby.

Your magical sword was producted in a factory that we threw an extra word on because reasons.

T-Rexes and F16!

Exalted needed saving. 2efags wanted their broken shitty game to stay broken and stay shitty.
>>
>>52642459
So let's just say I hypothetically wanted to make a moonsilver dildo that can "attach" to a woman's body and function like an actual penis. What sort of Evocations would it have?
>>
>>52642083

White Veil. The sneak attack shit was great. I also liked Five-Fold Shadow Hand and all of the cross-element synergy.
>>
>>52644820
I know its 2e, I'm reading up on the older stuff and see it mentioned but never described. So its an artifact factory then? Guess its kinda inevitable with all the weird stuff you had in there.
>>
I kind of serious question that came from the old thread. Spirits have bodies made from essence when they materialize right? Could they in theory make themselves look however they want or do they have a sort of default they cant change from?
>>
>>52644749
Imagine a manufacturing center with the gravitas of a cathedral, basically. Essentially meant for creating really high-grade artifacts like warstriders and powered armors and shit.
>>
Saw people play raksha for the first time today (2.5). I had figured it'd be a lot more nonsensical, but it actually seemed really interesting. Thinking about joining the game, but I have no idea what sort of concepts would work. Anyone got ideas for a raksha PC?
>>
>>52644934

I'd say the latter. Spirits, as opposed to mortals, are really tightly defined by their nature. It would be impossible for a rivergod to manifest as a being of fire, because that would be antithetical to its nature. It's appearance is a distillation of its nature into a physical representation. Change its nature, and you might change the body it manifests. Spirits that are by nature subject to change would, of course, change their physical manifestation (e.g. the god of the seasons might change in age from a youth to an old man as the seasons progressed, or something).
>>
>>52644749

Pretty much. Performing the proper rituals to placate and empower the gods of each component was just as much a part of construction as bolting two widgets together. At least in 2E.
>>
>>52644978
Good raksha players are kind of like Malkavian players who don't fishmalk. Rare as diamonds and just as fucking valuable.
>>
>>52645002
I didn't see any lolrandomb xd characters in the game, they were all pretty much playing Exalted with more freeform appearing rules. I'm still trying to figure out if a raksha character's concept should be like an Exalt's or something more malleable, I guess.

Can you make a raksha assassin/rogue type?
>>
>>52645088
>Can you make a raksha assassin/rogue type?

Certainly.

It used to be that the key to raksha characters was to make them a bit more...archetypical than Exalts. Narrative was a big theme for them. Like, a Night Caste might become a prince of thieves by his accomplishments, but a Raksha rogue type will be The Prince of Thieves, with all the expected noble bearing and conspicuous largesse thereof, like somebody who literally stepped off the pages of a folk tale and expects things to go as that narrative would dictate.

Who knows if this will still be true in 3e, but it was how things mostly were in previous editions.
>>
>>52645145
I suspect they will be the same in 3rd edition. Back in 2nd edition I remember having some discussions with Vance and he liked the idea of Raksha being archetypes writ large.
>>
File: red king on throne.jpg (2MB, 2480x3507px) Image search: [Google]
red king on throne.jpg
2MB, 2480x3507px
>>52645088
Raksha are my favorite splat, they're pretty fun. A Raksha is less of a person and more of a character, even IC. They don't so much do things because they want to, they do things because those things would make for an interesting story.

Making a Raksha is mostly about figuring out what sort of story they want to tell. That could be a legendary assassin, sure, though maybe with a little more to spice it up.
>>
>>52642194
Yes
>>
>>52642459

>looks at his ERP folder

Why do I do these things to myself.
>>
>>52643921

Several times, but I also share >>52644527 's sentiment. I'm very fond of making armour and weapons specifically tailored to certain MA's. Either plugging up the holes they've got or evocations that allow one to vastly increase the power output of their chosen style. Would you be able to keep up with Solar Melee? No, but I think with the proper evocations in the right place you sure as hell can keep up.

I already finished one for Steel Devil, as I like the style thematically but holy fuck did it ever need a power boost. I got some ideas for an Ebon Shadow weapon (Knives, can also be used with melee) and lastly in the process of Dreaming Pearl artifacts (Especially tricky since the base style does a bit of everything already, plus the ideas I got may not be everyone's tastes [No, not ERP]).
>>
>>52643249
He's still got a walrus cock from back when he was the god of Walrus's fucking.
>>
File: 29878354.jpg (1MB, 905x1280px) Image search: [Google]
29878354.jpg
1MB, 905x1280px
>>52643921

For me, a lot of the time the mechanics figures into it as much as the fluff does. For example, I might not have a character that is pacifistic enough at heart to wholly fit in as many might expect of a Crane Style practitioner, but what the style does might work perfectly for what he would choose to do and what he needs most of the time. At other times it may simply be thematic, or just cool things I think the character should be able to do.

I think having a bit of dissonance between the heart of the style and the heart of the character is interesting in itself. A style itself can represent one of many ideas or ideals that the character holds, but holds himself back from. He seeks to master the style, not the other way around. The ferocity of the Tiger Style may suit him well, but he does not want to walk the path of the merciless predator. The philosophies of the Crane Style may align with his ideals, but he knows that such restrained force alone cannot achieve what he set out to do. Likewise, a character may instead become increasingly affected by the methods/philosophies of one martial art or another, shaping/corrupting his own views. He may have been capable of taming and using Black Claw for good all this while, but as he keeps immersing himself in its methods, he may very well become what the style wants him to be... and as a result he may also corrupt the Crane Style he already knows to do his bidding.
>>
>>52643490
Sadly in 3e this is likely to be Liminal, not Abyssal
>>
>>52642083
Anyone have the PDF of the printable charm cards?
>>
File: 1435573205430.jpg (253KB, 615x950px) Image search: [Google]
1435573205430.jpg
253KB, 615x950px
>>52647729
Seconded.
>>
>>52647729

Are they not in the OP under 3E Core and Splats?

>>52645547

Got anything you can post here?
>>
>>52647409

why did we need two undead exalts again?
>>
>>52644842

Stuff that builds various sorts of intimacies between the lovers. Probably one that allows such unions to actually generate a pregnancy.
>>
How many dragonblooded/immaculate monks in a wyld hunt pose a challenge for a starting solar circle?
>>
>>52648338
Frankenstein + Zombie =/= Skeleton + Vampire
To be honest I don't really see why they would spend time and resources on new exalted types, could have saved the ideas to polish the already made ones.
>>
>>52642194
sma, the cma was an april fools joke and never actually finished.
>>
>>52648440
Depends on the Solar circle, and also on the specific Dragon-Blooded involved. I know it's a non-answer, but it's also the only right answer.
>>
>>52648440
How many fighters does it take to kill a group of wizards?
>>
File: 1435627212785.png (361KB, 592x1176px) Image search: [Google]
1435627212785.png
361KB, 592x1176px
>>52648309
Thanks man. I didn't know they were catogarized under splats.
>>
By the way, what martial arts styles use the cestus? Doesn't matter if it's canon or not.
>>
File: AbyssalDotD.jpg (363KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AbyssalDotD.jpg
363KB, 1920x1080px
>>52648338

We didn't, it's literally a waste of everyones time and resources, and those themes could've better been put to use on Abyssals to further differentiate them from Solars.
>>
>>52649924

In Ex3, none. In 2e, First Pulse, Solar Hero, Dark Messiah, Infernal Monster, and Art of Forceful Declaration. No idea about home brew styles, though.
>>
>>52642350
yeah, that was lame of them
>>
>>52642371
link?
>>
>>52644842
iirc scroll of swallowed darkness had this. although it used jade
>>
>>52642722
such bullshit, then again I felt like a good number of 3e solar charms don't really feel "solar". like they overstep the themes
>>
iirc first age solar craftsmen did a bit of work with quintessence and that needed a cult, so they stuck it in the same place as all their other tools and worked them into the assembly line
>>
>>52649953
what he said.
>>
>>52645088
raksha as characters are basically a group of people larping exalted
>>
>>52642083

Interesting question: Is it possible for a Solar to have a meaningful relationship with a mortal? It feels like the power imbalance and lifespan issues would fuck the relationship.

I mean, we've seen that the Dragonblooded already have that problem, and the imbalance is less.
>>
>>52648309

More of a question of whatever I'd post would make me want to hang myself or not for showing people to a magical realm.
>>
>>52650693

Yes, and it's a good setup for a tragic romance. It's probably more likely to happen when the Solar is still only an age that a mortal can reach. When they become a few centuries old, they'll probably stop dating mortals.
>>
File: AnubisGirls.jpg (164KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AnubisGirls.jpg
164KB, 714x1000px
>>52650745

Don't be a pussy.

>I have used pics like this in my own games
>no, they were not ERP games
>>
would adding to the lunar/solar bond to give both the lunar and solar mate properties of being eachother's familiar be useful?(to make it less of a 1 way burden on the lunar so they at least get *something* out of it) mostly the sense sharing and innate ability to convey simple ideas through gestures only they understand. ..possibly the ability to willingly transfer 5 personal essence one way or the other

either that or a charm in the lunar bond related subtree to actually make the solar their familiar(that doesn't count to the lunar's normal familiar limit) for the above benefits and charm purposes
>>
>>52651023
tasteful crops from hardcore hentai > obvious "technically worksafe" lewdness
>agitated afghan girl.jpg
>>
>>52651372
lose the familiar buffing charms
>>
Post more sexy Dragong-Blooded damn it.
>>
>>52651023

Fine, I'll deal with my shame.

https://pastebin.com/BvfEqxKM
>>
File: 1480647658222.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1480647658222.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
>>
>>52651832

What's in the OP now, in the "3E Core and Splats" link. What's more, the one that's there is the final one, containing the charm that your one is missing.
>>
>>52651756

This is very nice. Would be even better if there was a soulsteel or some sort of trapping device for the spirit that locks them in the device. It keeps them asleep unless the device is in use at which point their spirit is subjected to the massive joy. On top of that the spirits that keep adding in to the device compound the pleasure of all of them and on the user and receiver.
>>
>>52644978
Good to hear, but Raksha shouldn't be playable desu.
>>
>>52651979
Why not? They're a lot of fun.
>>
not sure if I have the full lunar bond mechanics:

-mdv penalty for acting against solar
-extra dice to throw at acting on behalf of solar
-exemption to abyssal mate's resonance gain
-weakness to "lunar taming leash" charms
-ability to buy dicetrick charms for the solar support pool at full price and with your own xp

...and thats it?
I'm just having trouble figuring out why anybody would ever pay for this background. it actually /costs the lunar/ bp to have more "solar's bitch" dice? if shouldn't 'has a better mate' be something the solar pays for in chargen instead?
what upside am I missing there?
>>
>>52652883
There really is no upside. Nobody should spend XP on that.
>>
>>52643921
>doing this with Exalted
Whew asking for trouble. It's already such a bad mess that not selecting Martial Arts based on whether they're mechanically functional or not is really, really dangerous.
>>
>>52652883
In a mixed game where one of the other players is the Solar (or Abyssal), it can be pretty nice. At five dots, it gives you 10 dice you can add on any roll to "assist" the Solar PC (like attacking the dude your Solar and circle are fighting or helping to steal the information your Solar and friends need). Importantly, these dice ignore dice caps. It also would add 5 dots to your DV for any action designed to make you betray your Solar buddy (which in effect would probably also include betraying the rest of your circle, since betraying them would probably mean betraying your Solar buddy).

So 5 points in the background increases your MDV by 5 and gives you 10 dice you can use to add to many rolls and which can break dice caps. Obviously you don't want to take this background and link it to a player who is an asshole and would abuse the penalties.

It's really not a bad deal, depending. But if you do play a Lunar and your Solar mate is some NPC who's nowhere around, or the ST's a jerkass, or the player playing your Solar buddy is a jerkass, then you probably wouldn't want to take the background.
>>
>>52652995

Aren't most of the MA in the core mechanically sound anyway?
>>
>>52652995
Had a Dawn with Seel Devil in one game. The style's pretty bad. The Dawn was pretty badass. The GM didn't have to go out of his way to let the Dawn manage with that style.
>>
>>52652995
All of the styles are functional. The ones Morke designed a bit less so, but not to the point that a character is going to feel like an albatross around the neck of the party.
>>
>>52653270
>The ones Morke designed a bit less so

Which are those?

>but not to the point that a character is going to feel like an albatross around the neck of the party.

I guess I'm still stuck in the 2e mindset of "not optimal is doomed".
>>
>>52653362
Morke did Steel Devil, pretty sure everything else was done by Vance.
>>
>>52653057
even then it feels more like the solar should pay for this background.

all it takes is a little rewording:

While refining the Essences of her Chosen, Luna agreed to instill an innate bond within each Lunar, tying that Exalt’s Essence to that of a single Solar. Thus, each of the 300 Moonchildren was mystically associated with one of the 300 Solars as surely as day is paired with night. Whether by design, happenstance or personal interaction, different Lunars formed bonds with Solars with varied degrees of strength. Ma-Ha-Suchi says he scarcely grieved when his spouse was
murdered, though his subsequent headlong plunge into the Wyld suggests he harbored feelings he would not admit. Lilith remained with her First Age spouse Desus despite physical abuse that sometimes shattered her bones, but no one can say whether she stayed because of her Solar Bond or the supernatural mental infl uence of her mate. Whatever the individual relationship might have been, these bonds still exist. As the Solars return to Creation, the Children of the Moon fi nd they cannot ignore their ancient bonds.
>>
>>52653537
For the default rules of the basic Solar-Lunar bond, see MoEP:Lunars page 20. Dots in the Solar Bond Background indicate a stronger relationship than suggested by the standard rules. Lunars who were intimately connected to their Solar partners could tap into unexpected strength when defending their companions. Each dot of Solar Bond gives the Lunar two dice in her Solar Bond pool. Her player may assign one or more of these dice to any action undertaken with the deliberate purpose of aiding the Solar to whom the Lunar is bonded. Each die may be used once per story, and this dice pool refreshes at the end of every story.

In addition, each dot of Solar Bond adds one to the Lunar’s Mental Defense Value whenever a social attack might cause her to act against her bonded Solar. Conversely, each dot of the Solar Bond Background reduces the Lunar’s Mental Defense Value by one whenever her actions go against her bonded Solar. This bonus or penalty stacks with the default Intimacy created by the Lunar’s bond with the Solar.

X Your bond to a Lunar mate exists, but you haven't yet crossed paths. Or perhaps she struggle to resist it.

• You feel a strong mystical connection to your Lunar associate.

•• You are drawn to your Solar partner, and she finds your influence difficult to resist.

••• Your Lunar companion can scarcely help being the greatest of friends or most faithful of lovers — even if she hates you.

•••• Your Mate died staunchly defending your your First Age incarnation, despite your madness.

••••• Your Lunar spouse's love knows no bounds. The poets of the First Age immortalized her epic devotion, and these tales survive even in the Time of Tumult.
>>
Place your bets, how long after DB charm spoilers do we get our first flamewar about it?
>>
>>52653558
I'll guess 3 weeks early
>>
>>52643921
Yes, because I'm socially trained and don't shit on the floor. Is this an actual question?
>>
>>52653558
skirmishes will start about an hour after, shit will reach a boil and overflow about 4 days in.
>>
>>52643921
I do when I have the luxury of wanting to select a charmset that actually functions. otherwise I sigh and look again for the next best thing.
>>
>>52653555
or we could leave it a lunar background but add the following changes:

-Solar gets the same automatic/manditory mdv bonus against social attacks to work against his lunar, but at one dot lower in strength.
- This background also works for lunars who want an Infernal or Abyssal mate(although why you'd /want/ an abyssal is beyond me, but I'm not gonna judge you for it.)...just let the st know if you have a preference. (note: lunar mates do not trigger abyssal limit gain as a 'sin of life' and are exempt from the contagious aespect of infernal torment)
-having at least one dot in this background also gives the solar/lunar bond the properties of a 3 dot familiar without actually counting against the familiar cap(benefits are:
sense borrowing within 100 yards(only one sense at a time, is unnoticable and does not deprive the solar of access to that sense.),
the innate ability to convey simple ideas through gestures only your mate understands and viceversa,
and the ability to store an extra 5 motes of essence in your mate(that he isn't aware of and can't use himself, and that regenerates only after he has fully regained his own motes. this essence store can be accessed only while in physical contact with your mate))
having this bond at 3+ dots gives the solar the same benefits(as if the lunar was also his extra familiar)
- remove 'Conversely, each dot of the Solar Bond Background reduces the Lunar’s Mental Defense Value by one whenever her actions go against her bonded Solar.' for any rating under 4. it is added at 4+ but it cuts both ways and the solar experiences a similiar effect, with a mdv reduction of half the bond's value rounded up, and at 5+ it becomes an identical penalty(subtract the full bond value from his mdv)
>>
>>52653872
and add the line "A solar may also buy this charm on behalf of her mate, paying between half and the full xp cost(as negotiated by the players)" to all lunar bond enhancing charms(...so just the charms 'Lunar Eclipse Technique' and 'Moon Follows Sun Assurance')
>>
>>52653537
Solar shouldn't be paying for the Solar Bond since it's the Lunar who is getting the advantage of it. It would be like in D&D if you said that the other party members should pay the bard for Bardic music buffs. Exalted is a group game, and there's an implicit assumption that your character is helping out the rest of the group.

It's just that in the case of Solar Bond, it's a bit more explicit and overt. You're spending bonus points to raise your MDV and gain extra dice that ignore dice caps, but which can only be used a specific (though still broad) set of circumstances. This requires that the circumstances be helpful to your Solar buddy, but at the same time getting more dice and a higher MDV is still going to be beneficial to you as well.
>>
>>52653915
also to work with these changes the 'lunar taming leash' charm gains the additional function of removing any negatives the solar may experience as well as the benefits the lunar gets from higher ratings of the bond
>>
>>52653872
The Solar Bond shouldn't have any direct penalties for the Solar. That takes away from the purity and simplicity of their power. It's meant to be a part of the Lunars' story, for better or worse.

Unfair? Yes, but so are a lot of things in Exalted. Part of what Exalted does is to take fantasy storytelling conventions and take a critical eye to what it would take to make them work as advertised and how they could go badly wrong. The Solar Bond can certainly be a good thing as much as it can be a means for unfair exploitation, but that doesn't change what it fundamentally is.
>>
>>52654917
which is why option:move bond to solar chargen is the superior option rather than adding reasons for a lunar to buy it up.
>>
>>52651756
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bcMUnb-2RQoPn6tATRSqmDkFvjD_vROp4nu5ls9vBqo/edit

>Perpetual Lovemaking Engine (Stamina 5 Essence 2): The Alchemical’s lovemaking routines are upgraded so that the action takes almost no effort whatsoever for the Alchemical. When it comes to having sex, the Alchemical can continue making love indefinitely if she felt like it. Furthermore, it is so effortless that she may even do things such as reflexively make lovemaking rolls, taking no penalties for making up policies in her head while doing the act. A second purchase at Essence 3 allows the Alchemical to treat sex as if she is sleeping in terms of sleep needed and essence respiration and even as substance for food, treating each hour of lovemaking as two hours of sleep and one for essence regeneration. Only one willpower point may be gained per day of ‘rest’ as usual however. At Essence 5 these bonuses (except for the reflexive rolls) also apply to her partner.

https://pastebin.com/BvfEqxKM

>There is no stopping for the lover and the manipulator, becoming a masterful multitasker when things are most needed. Sex for the user takes almost no effort whatsoever now. When it
comes to having sex, the user can continue making love indefinitely if she felt like it.
Furthermore, it is so effortless that she may even do things such as reflexively make lovemaking
rolls, taking no penalties for making up policies in her head while doing the act. At Essence 3 allows the user to treat sex as if she is sleeping in terms of sleep needed and essence respiration and even as substance for food, treating each hour of lovemaking as two hours of sleep and one for essence regeneration. Only one willpower point may be gained per day of ‘rest’ as usual however. At Essence 5 these bonuses (except for the reflexive rolls) also apply to her partner.

Hmmmmm, harmless plagiarism or is sandact6 busy making artifact dildos now?
>>
>>52656501

Hey, you know what they say about flattery and imitation.
>>
>>52656617
While you're here, how much extra BP and charms should an Alchemical get if they're starting at Essence 2?
>>
>>52656744

wouldn't you just spend 50 EXP's worth of buys on them instead of doing the BP route?
>>
>>52656744

See >>52657131

Doing Alchemical progression with BP outside of chargen is somewhat tricky. 50 XP and 25 SXP is what I'd get Essence 2 Alchemical players, but with BP only? If my hand was forced I'd say give them 12 more BP for a total of 30. This would give them an insane amount of charms though.
>>
>>52657839
Cool. Just one more question: how do Alchemical charms interact with martial arts? Can you enhance MA with Attribute-based charms or is it still subject to the "If it's not another MA charm, it doesn't mix" rule?
>>
>>52657839
Thanks for being a cool dude and good content creator. Your april fools prank triggered the fuck out of me, so congratulations. I don't plan on using the setting, but it's fun to read through.
>>
>>52657946
link?
>>
File: 1385358647303.gif (1MB, 400x360px) Image search: [Google]
1385358647303.gif
1MB, 400x360px
>>52657939

I'm flip flopping back and forth on this. Martial Arts don't interact with any Archery/Melee/Brawl/Thrown attack for solars but CAN for everything else.

For Alchemicals I see one of two things. You can do the same, banning any damage boosting or Archery/Brawl/Melee/Thrown roll enhancer (Such as the grapple charm) and just let only the Dodge based versions of Alchemicals charms apply. I mean if you want to you could also allow the parry booster too, but I found out that an Alchemical who can nullify penalties with Steel Devil or Crane is going to be a bitch to attack.

>>52657946

*mfw I read this comment*

>>52657946

A Heaven's Reach fluff guide that I labelled as a 3.PFe conversion to troll people

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/1070368-exalted-3-pfe-conversion

Gonna make it a PDF soon. Can't download it as a PDF from Gdocs as the site shits itself, so going to have to do it manually.
>>
>>52658181
hey what do you think of this dragon king 3e conversion someone did that i really like because i super fucking love dragon kings?

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/781489-ex3-dragon-kings-homebrew

(i am kinda sad the shaping wood lost it's pretend to be human trick, but whatever)
>>
>>52658451

Fine to me. I think the Dragon King CMA's are a bit on the weak side, or at least need more charms to get the 'wholeness' feeling many other styles have, but it's relatively solid.
>>
>>52648338
Why did we need two fate exalts? Why did we need exigents when X-blooded exist?
>>
How long ago was that first leak?
>>
How do I stop players from having 5s in shit and making balanced characters like the adventure's pre-gens?
>>
>>52659787
You don't. This is why BP/XP is shit and it and those who defend it all need to die screaming.
>>
>>52659787
Use XP chargen.
>>
how do I make aku in exalted
>>
>>52659787

>balanced

>pregens

I wouldn't wipe my ass with those characters
>>
>>52659926
killbert
>>
>>52659905

Isn't he basically the Ebon Dragon?
>>
>>52659787
Just ask them to and see if it works. If it doesn't, there's no helping it. There ceraibly are people who make more balanced characters, BP/XP divide or no, and those people won't be screwed over by that chocie, especially not if the entire party is like-minded. Those easy to get 5s at chargen are tempting as fuck, though, and not just for min-maxing reasons. Being incredibly good at something right out of the gate is perfectly fitting and appropriate in Exalted, so playrs shouldn't really be prevented from taking those 5s.
>>
>>52659825
...or be convinced of their error with reasonable discourse?
>>
File: FaeKnight15.jpg (529KB, 850x1083px) Image search: [Google]
FaeKnight15.jpg
529KB, 850x1083px
>>52659787

You don't, it's literally part of the game, and theres even a text-box for people like you, to read and understand that it is expected for that among starting Exalted characters.
>>
>>52661179
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52661230
It doesn't help that the core book's example character has no 5s in any ability, and only one attribute at 5. And its attitude on the subject is pretty much "Sure, you can take 5s. 5s are totally appropriate. Don't feel bad about taking 5s. If you're some kind of degenerate loser, I guess."

There's definitely a stigma against characters with 5s, but there's really no understanding of where the line is. Is one 5 too many? Is two? What if I have eight 4s instead, is that okay? Because the book specifically calls out that a player has to justify every ability they have rated at 3 or higher, so how do we know 4s aren't evil as well?

For some reason, Artifact is the only merit that requires you to suck the GM's dick to get at 5 dots. You can have an entire army, a cult infesting an area the size of Eurasia, or one of the Exalted as a loyal servant without sucking off the GM, but not a 5 dot Artifact, oooh no. So where's the fucking balance point then? We've got 5s that are okay to have, 5s that we can have if we're willing to feel guilty about them, and 5s that require explicit GM-on-player fellatio to get.

Maybe the scale should be more than 5 dots?
>>
File: MuscleArmor.jpg (104KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
MuscleArmor.jpg
104KB, 600x849px
>>52661414
>Maybe the scale should be more than 5 dots?

A better idea would be to simply drop the exceptionally shitty Storyteller skeleton once and for all. It really does no favors for Exalted, and it's one of the oldest sacred cows in dire need of being ground up into hamburger.

Of course thats not happening any time soon unfortunately. As for actually answering your question, as a GM I allowed players to take just about anything they wanted, because I didn't really care if they tried to pull some sort of "whatever" mechanical chicanery, because I myself am a powergaming little shit as a player, so I invariably knew how to outplay or outdo it as a GM, giving everyone their own obstacles to mess with.
>>
Can the twilight anima power bring others along or is it a solo thing?
>>
>>52661414
>"Sure, you can take 5s. 5s are totally appropriate. Don't feel bad about taking 5s. If you're some kind of degenerate loser, I guess."
>There's definitely a stigma against characters with 5s
Literally where are you getting that from?
Also I'm fairly certain thats because artifact 5 can represent whatever the fuck you feel like, from a sword or suit of armor to something like the crown of thunders.
>>
>>52661620
It's a solo thing.

It's pretty much a mechanism so that your Twilight can go hard into Craft, and then when a conflict actually shows up, they can gtfo for the rest of the day. By the time they reappear, the other party members with combat/social charms have defeated everything, and your Twilight may resume crafting in peace.
>>
>>52661713
Dammit, my sick jail break plan is ruined.
I was going to travel without distance right into the place the prisoner was being kept, call out Octavian if things got messy, and anima power out. Fug
>>
>>52660026
Yaaaaaasssss.
>>
I like wearing sandals and talking like an ancient Near-Eastern monarch.
>>
>>52661414
>"Sure, you can take 5s. 5s are totally appropriate. Don't feel bad about taking 5s. If you're some kind of degenerate loser, I guess."

Yep. It's really the attitude reading the paragraph, and it is so bad, it is funny. Kind of schizophrenic. What were they thinking?

>You shouldn't take 5s in Attribute/Abilities.
>Except if you want.
>But then you shouldn't.
>But you're allowed.
>It just shouldn't really happen.
>Unless you want it to.
>But then you're a shitty character.

Getting kind of mixed signals here.
>>
File: Sigui3.jpg (1MB, 754x1082px) Image search: [Google]
Sigui3.jpg
1MB, 754x1082px
>>52661828

White Wolf (and it's spawn when it died) have always had this love/hate relationship with the idea you can be competent at anything. On one side, it's a game about being awesome Godkings doing awesome thing.

On the other it makes you a FILTHY POWERGAMER if you ever TRY TO BE GOOD at ANYTHING in the game, because it isn't a game, IT'S A STORY etc etc. It's like reading the work of someone who just came off their meds.
>>
>>52661478
>A better idea would be to simply drop the exceptionally shitty Storyteller skeleton once and for all.
implying there's a better system for exalted
savage worlds doesn't count
>>
File: BlueHairSmilingMan.jpg (2MB, 1604x1586px) Image search: [Google]
BlueHairSmilingMan.jpg
2MB, 1604x1586px
>>52662973

I'm saying people could make a better system than using Storyteller remnants. A lot of weird shit we have in the system only exists because of this. It honestly needs more granularity in a lot of areas (and less in a few others).
>>
File: 1474159349826.jpg (548KB, 528x1416px) Image search: [Google]
1474159349826.jpg
548KB, 528x1416px
>>52662995
okay strength of many
>>
>>52662973
>implying there's a worst system for Exalted
If you decided to solve every challenge by banging two sticks together and seeing who got the most friction it would still be an improvement.
>>
>>52662995
Yeah, it could really use its own system, purpose-built for it.
>>
Is Anathema down or something? I can't download it.
>>
>>52662884

Which makes it weird when people complain that the great powers of the setting get stats or that Essence 5+ is a thing.

Because then the players might be able to defeat the gods and the Guild and save Autobot (without being a Solar) and so on.

Which is the entire fucking *point* of being Exalted, and all the shit that happened throughout Creation's history.

"You can be a triumphant Myth Hero, reshaping the world by your dream! Except not *that* much, just a little. No mega-gods, no deathlords, no countries, and the Wyld Hunt will still fuck you up."
>>
>>52662973

You can run a perfectly acceptable game of Exalted in Anima with very little conversion work.

Anima's system is a bit of a mess, but it's flat-out better at combat/crazy shit, and the Ki/Magic system works fine as a replacement for motes and sorcery.

That said, Charm bloat needs to be set on fire and left to die or any new system will just accumulate the same stupid problems 3e is so keen to cling to.
>>
>>52662884
written in character as fairfolk
>>
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4wN-6BdRhC5Q3NvNnFpTERWdTg

Here are 4/5 abyssal rivals for my players circle. Thoughts?

I do use an alternate xp system to fix the xp/bp divide
>>
>>52665128
what system
>>
>>52663103
ok shitpost trying to force a meme and actually being more annoying than whoever the fuck
>>
>>52665335
Take the bp table and double it
>>
>>52642350
on the bright side at least it gives them the chance to redo infernal brawl from scratch?

paste from forums:
The Infernal Monster is not a generic Infernal style, it has its own aesthetic and predates the Green Sun Princes by centuries. It has its own Shintai which is essentially, "Mindless Yozi Slave". It might reflect a specific conception of Infernal Exalted, but the depiction cleaves closer conceptually to Akuma then the Princes of Hell. it was made by an akuma for akuma and infernals should have gotten something better
>>
>>52665621

If I were willing to put more work into developing the style into something new, I would work off of the same idea of the tarnished hero, the failure who rose again to reclaim the glory his enemies denied him. Infernal Hero Style would start with defensive charms, the idea of the pre-form being "he who runs away lives to fight another day" or something of that nature. So probably soak-boosters and a flurry-breaker or something.
>>
>>52665636
The form charm would give a slight mote drain effect to some of the Infernal's attacks. Thematically, this is the core of the style -- taking power wherever you can grab it from in order to accomplish your goals, the one thing that every Green Sun Prince has done before in a pivotal moment. The post-form charms are all about fighting dirty with weird tricks and tactics that a Solar Hero would never stoop to; it's straight up face-to-face combat as opposed to something like Black Claw style, but in use it looks sort of like First Pulse. Flinging sand in your opponent's eyes, kicking them in the balls for a crippling effect (works on girls too), using and enhancing the use of improvised weapons, stuff like that.
>>
>>52665651
The capstone would mark the point where the hero reclaims his dignity and starts to turn into something else. The style's expansion charms would mold the hero into one thing or another depending on which tree he pursues; one might give bonuses to your virtue channels and emphasize that the Infernal is a human at his core, while another might have warping effects similar to yozi charms as the Infernal develops into something new and inhuman. Revlid's Asura charms that let you grow multiple arms and turn into a statue to escape death and such could possibly go here.
>>
>>52665667
Infernal Hero Style doesn't emulate the yozis in any respect because it reflects the nature and fighting style of the Infernal Exalted, to the same extent that Solar Hero Style is the natural fighting style of the Solars rather than the Unconquered Sun. The yozis could never have invented it since they can't grok to the idea of emulating anything besides themselves. The Infernal Monster, likewise, emulates something external to the Infernals, the idea of The Old Thing in the Cave. Infernal Hero Style is unique to the Infernals, and to the extent that other splats can learn it they learn how to fight like tarnished and dishonored warriors who've been kicked in the balls one time too many and are starting to kick back.
>>
>>52665678
Infernal Monster is external to the Infernals -- when you learn Infernal Monster, you learn how to fight like the Infernal Monster. But the Monster and the Infernal are two completely different things; a native martial art for Infernals should be thematically aligned with the Infernals, not with something external to them like the infernal monster. Really, IM has no business being a native martial art for any Exalt type besides maybe the Akuma.

end paste
>>
>>52665687

is just one person's idea of how it'd be different than solar hero even now that it's stolen half the infernal monster charms and even a few others were taken too like veridian legend exoskeleton
>>
>>52664215
People don't like that in 2e because when the threat is too big ie Deathlord building doom fleet and Yozi breaking out they can't save the peasants from the local lord, create their own kingdom somewhere or stop Mahasuchi furfaggot army
>>
>>52665706
Nah, I still like Infernal Monster.
>>
>>52661828
That's not what I got out of that paragraph at all. To me, it's more about not being obliged to take 5s even though you are playing an awesome hero. Exalted fandom sometimes makes minmaxing seem like an obligation, but it isn't and shouldn't be that. Ideally, characters with no Abilities above 3 and ones with a few 5s shold both work and be acceptable.
>>
Steel Devil has been called out as a weak MA a few times in this thread. What exactly is the problem with it?
>>
>>52666384

It has difficulty taking on enemies with high defence, and if their defence is low then you probably wouldn't need a lot to win the fight anyway. It really needs something like Falling Hammer Strike to bring and keep someones defence down.
>>
File: GodHandArt.png (1011KB, 1000x657px) Image search: [Google]
GodHandArt.png
1011KB, 1000x657px
>>52642083
Solar Hero, because Godhand is fun as hell
>>
>>52666434
Have you considered just using Falling Hammer Strike?
>>
>>52666384

it only helps when you're already winning

like how white reaper is for mowing down mortals except people also say singlepoint is for a dueling setup for some reason
>>
>>52666773
Is single point not for dueling?
>>
>>52664215
This is honestly just a symptom of forum culture (which unfortunately seems to have influenced 3e, at least a little bit).

When you have a bunch of people who aren't actually playing the game, but reading the books, and their enjoyment of the setting is the primary driver behind their participation in the community, you're going to get a certain fetishizing of NPCs and setting elements because that's all they have to interact with. The Exalted forumites don't give a fuck about your character, because they don't know who they are, and they don't give a fuck about a player character's ability to enjoy and engage with the setting, because from their perspective of the setting, not playing the game, the setting has no PCs in it.

So you get this situation of, "X is so cool and has all this plot and history behind him/her. Why should some filthy PCs I know nothing about and therefore aren't cool at all be able to kill them?" They don't like the idea that their fictional characters can be disrupted, even if its by real humans engaging in a leisure activity for actual real-person enjoyment. Ostensibly, real people > fictional people, which they would know if they were actually sitting across the table from 4-5 other people, playing the game.
>>
>>52666016
There are 29 other solar circles out there. Let them deal with those plots
>>
So when a DB attacks and a Solar counterattacks, which attack is resolved first? Is it the counter, if it kills the DB the Solar is left unscathed regardless of how well the DB rolled, or is it the other way around?
>>
>>52667764

They both take whatever damage that was rolled.
>>
>>52666434

Yea Steel Devil needs a band aid artifact badly.

Which is a shame as I really like the style thematically, but I can't justify it over Solar Melee
>>
File: ArcherRidingHorse.png (2MB, 885x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ArcherRidingHorse.png
2MB, 885x1024px
>>52664215

Thats why I've detested the de-powering of Exalt's since 2E (1E obviously Exalt's were at the top of the totem pole by a pretty wide margin). It completely goes against the themes of the game-That you can change things, not 20 years from now, not 200 EXP from now, but now. You can go out and do something big, right away.

Yet theres always been this absolutely bizzare counterpush against anything like that. This has to be weaker, that has to be nerfed, this is blah blah blah. It literally reads like people who have never read anything in the fucking game beyond the occasional NPC's info block, and who are completely missing the entire fucking point of the game, are trying to dictate how the game should play. I often wonder if it's just the leftovers of the WoD fandom trying to ruin another game.

No fun allowed, I guess.
>>
>>52668941
But anon, the reason people wanted certain things to be nerfed is because they weren't fun, not to them. Some Charms were just boting in their power. Also if you'd played 3E, or even read it with anyt thought, you'd know that you absolutely can do big things right out of the gate.
>>
File: BustySummoner.jpg (699KB, 680x969px) Image search: [Google]
BustySummoner.jpg
699KB, 680x969px
>>52669170

You can attempt most things out of the gate in 3E, but that doesn't mean the power curve wasn't flattened even further. 3E is a bit more enabling out of the gate as long as you focus only on your Supernal, but you do get crippled pretty handily if you try anything outside of it, as the good stuff is now gated by Essence, whereas in previous editions you could just buy your way up ASAP and get the good stuff easily.
>>
>>52669217
There are pretty powerful Essence 1 Charms, though. Like, Dipping Swallow Defense, One Weapon, Two Blows and Fire and Stones Strike are neat as fuck, no matter your Essence. Combine them with Spirit-Detecting Glance, Spirit-Cutting Attack, Ghost-Eating Technique and decent base stats and you can be a real terror to most spirits. That's 6 Essence 1 Charms, leaving you 9 Charms to take from the Ability you actually care about. More powerful gods can be easily defeated with these Charms alone, but having to put some though into defeating Ahlat or someone like that is hardly a problem.
>>
Do you guys have an editable 4 page Exalted 3E character sheet? Mr. Gone doesn´t seem to have them anymore and I remember such a char sheet being posted in the thread once.
>>
>>52669217
>>52669331
Honestly, Ability is the real gate. Almost all charms are at Ability 4 or 5.
>>
>>52668941
>That you can change things, not 20 years from now, not 200 EXP from now, but now. You can go out and do something big, right away.
I'm curious, where did you get the idea that this is a theme from? I mean it seems to be the game at least somewhat consistently reinforces that no a starting solar circle isn't going to just re build the first age overnight congratulations, or crush the whole realm in a single year, or anything like that. Hell there are dev quotes up on noblis saying as much.
>>
>>52666973
the criticism was that they say it's ONLY for dueling and only useful if you're already winning, so unlike white reaper where you're mowing down lessers who could wear you down you're not going to be dueling something you can already beat and still need these charms
>>
>>52668941
meh, there are 300 solars. if each of them conquered the realm in a day you'd have a really big problem with the setting. WAY worse than all that shit people flung about 2e having the reclamation attempts as a potential plot hook.

...so maybe you can be the special snowflake super exalt(what was it that one gm tried to make? nebulars or galactics something?) of which your circle represents the sum total or something if you wanna be "super mega ridiculous bullshit" even by exalted's standards, or run a version of the setting where only 5 exaltation even escaped the jade prison, but otherwise there need to be some kind of limit on things somewhere, just to make the solar powertrip playable by that solar.
I'm honestly not even sure how you could make the pcs stronger than they already are.9_9
>>
Just feel I should point out that 3e Solars are already super special snowflakes among other Solars.

pg179
"Unless your game features a lot of downtime, your players’ characters are likely to ascend to heights of power within a year or two of Exaltation that the average Exalt takes decades to attain. The rest of the setting isn’t intended to keep pace with them (although their most direct rivals might)."

The next paragraph is specifically about Celestial Exalted. I'm not going to quote the whole thing. Basically, most Solars will take decades just to hit Essence 3, and likely centuries to hit Essence 5, but the PCs are meant to be so special and unique that they can hit Essence 5 inside of a few years (or less).

The basic assumption of the game is that you, and the Abyssal party of your evil opposites or whatever, are the only Exalts capable of actually changing the setting this century.
>>
>>52657939
A bit late, but MA says that Martial Arts Charms don't work in conjunction with Ability Charms. Attribute Charms (Lunars, Liminals, Alchemcals and others) could be used with Martial Arts Charms.
>>
>>52671332
>nebulars or galactics
that could not have been a thing.
>>
>>52662973
There are a lot of Exalted system hacks out there and they all have one thing in common: they're better than the official engines.
>>
File: 1479600021616.gif (2MB, 503x283px) Image search: [Google]
1479600021616.gif
2MB, 503x283px
>>52672307
>>
File: AndroidArm.jpg (100KB, 564x926px) Image search: [Google]
AndroidArm.jpg
100KB, 564x926px
>>52672094

They did that in previous editions as well. NPC's had their own EXP chart, which basically showed that anyone that isn't a PC progressed at a snails pace. 3E just spells it out better for the slow kids, I guess.

tl;dr "Your PC's are the ones supposed to be doing the stuff. Others might, but it's all about you".
>>
>>52673254
I've never liked this, being a Solar is already being a special snowflake, being a special snowflake amongst special snowflakes is just awful.
>>
>>52673398
I'm with you on this. Creation is huge. It's not implausible that your character could be the most important person in their story despite not being the most powerful person in the setting. And we're not even talking about there being more powerful entities in the setting, we're talking approximately as strong as you.

I'd rather have peers than be the god among gods. I want to see the return of the Solar Deliberative. And the potential for that doesn't force the GM to, say, have someone else kill the Mask of Winters before my character fulfils his vengeance plot, so there's no downside here.
>>
>>52673512
In my future games I'm planning on adding more downtime between adventures and increasing the XP need to hit higher Essence. Enforce training times a bit more so the game time is being stretched out more. Having someone hit Essence 5 in 2 years is ridiculous, and it happened in one of my games. 5 Solars hit Essence 5 in 2 years, how much does that warp the setting?

Having a group of Solars hit Essence 5 after like 15 years, much easier to handle without breaking things in half.
>>
>>52673398
>>52673512
I'm slightly torn, as on one hand I agree with you both from a narrative point of view, but from a gameplay point of view I still like the assumed faster rate of PC development because that way I don't have to plot character activities across centuries of downtime.
>>
File: FemaleSolar.jpg (160KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
FemaleSolar.jpg
160KB, 600x900px
>>52673398
>>52673512

The reason players gain EXP at an accelerated rate compared to NPC's is because they're, for the most part, already set up in the world. The DB's have all of their shit, the Lunars, Sids, etc. It's so the PC's can actually grow.

If you make everything not only have everything they already have, plus suddenly gain EXP in a rate comparable to PC's, all you're doing is keeping the goal posts just as far apart as ever.
>>
>>52673603
>If you make everything not only have everything they already have, plus suddenly gain EXP in a rate comparable to PC's, all you're doing is keeping the goal posts just as far apart as ever.

They're not talking about accelerating NPC growth, they're talking about slowing down PC growth.
>>
File: BarbarianGirl.jpg (396KB, 650x873px) Image search: [Google]
BarbarianGirl.jpg
396KB, 650x873px
>>52673575

Oh, and yeah, large downtimes were also a thing in Exalted that was supposed to be happening. You're supposed to be able to just take a few years off to manage shit when needed. I mean, you've got characters with lifespans, without any additional interaction (ie: drugs, artifacts, hearthstones, Charms, etc) that go well into several thousands of years, and you're expected to just cram the entirety of everything into the, what, 1-3 years of time most campaigns tend to cover?

Nah, Exalted doesn't work like that. However, this also does mean some plot points (Kejak keeling over due to old age, the Realm shitting itself in a civil war, etc) probably should see some advancement, even if all the players are doing is sitting in the Hundred Kingdoms playing Populous.
>>
>>52673603
NPCs don't level up or continue getting more power because they hit these plateaus for a narrative reason, a DB hits Essence 3 and says "hey this is enough" because that's a completely reasonable thing to say. PCs meanwhile have control over where their character ends up, when they stop so that an inherent advantage they have. Much like not everyone in the game can get 5 in all Attributes or Abilities, but a PC could. The player decides through gameplay what their own caps are. That's a powerful advantage by itself.

But saying a PC could hit the summit of Exalted power except for those fucking fanatics who try and go beyond into Essence 6 within 2 years is just too much for my suspension of disbelief. The PCs at that point become too special for me after already being pretty fucking special already.
>>
>>52673625

Unless they're nerfing EXP gains, then they are talking about increasing NPC growth, since the default assumption is NPC growth is much slower than PC's.
>>
>>52673663

Well, you can blame that on tying EXP gain to Essence growth in 3E. It's a shitty idea, but then again in my experiences, all people went for was Essence anyway, because they wanted better Charms, and to get those, you needed Essence. Now you've got no choice but to buy random shit, though now your Essence is gonna ramp up pretty quick anyway.
>>
>>52673591
This.

Long downtime can be cool but then, of course, you have to figure out how Creation has changed in the last 50 years How did the Realm Civil War go? Any cities get destroyed? Any new nations get founded? What's going on with the Sidereals now that Chejop is likely dead?

It's often too much trouble, such that I'm fine with letting PC's get their power faster. It's easier than trying to basically rewrite the setting.
>>
>>52673591
Personally, I'd just set the downtime for essence progression to be whatever is appropriate for your story. Maybe you want a ten year shounen timeskip, maybe you want something on the (external) timescale of Gandalf the White. Either way, as it happens, there are Solaroids who are about as powerful as your current characters.

That actually makes things easier from a purely metagame perspective as well, since even with the "trade death for crippling injury" rule Solars are quite killable. This party of five Solars are leagues above all other Solars? Well shit, I guess my replacement character will need to be Essence 1. That sucks.
>>
I usually do have NPCs gaining power roughly in parallel to PCs.
Is this abnormal?
>>
>>52673728
No. There just happens to be a section in the book that suggests you play the other way. Your play style is more important to your game than anything written by someone you don't play with.
>>
>>52673712
That is a huge deal, what type of risks can PCs take during downtime? If there's a decent chance of failure, they should likely roll for it, but then what are the consequences? You gotta roll out a lot of this shit.
>>
>Holden posted on the forums
>It was in a random thread about neph
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
>>
File: FaeKnight.jpg (677KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FaeKnight.jpg
677KB, 857x1200px
>>52673728

Kinda, yeah. But then again I guess it depends what kind of NPC's. If it's your rival group or whatever who started off as newbies like the players, sure thats probably fine.

If every DB on the Isle is sitting there waiting for their EXP Welfare Bux to come rolling on in so they can buy a shiny new daiklaive, then yeah, thats probably a problem.
>>
File: MonkWithGoremaul.jpg (67KB, 736x718px) Image search: [Google]
MonkWithGoremaul.jpg
67KB, 736x718px
>>52673746

It means you like internet drama too much, and probably just need to read a good story instead, Anon.

>>52673745

Most of it would probably just be Bur rolls and social skill stuff. Or Craft stuff. Actual combat (like say, a PC wanting to wage a war in the downtime with a kingdom thats nothing special) should probably be played out, or just handled with some War rolls and damage/progress reports.

Not every conflict needs to be something major, after all.
>>
>>52672094
Probably because the Solar PC using the same xp chart from Primordial War. It is obvious that back in the day if the Exalted didn't reach Essence 5 in at least 2-3 years the Primordial would shit on everything.
>>
>>52673398

It doesn't really matter, because technically a Circle of Exalted isn't really an adventuring party. The aesthetic is more like the Justice League, when a group of superheroes (each with their own series) team up to fight a cosmic threat.

Basically, a Perfect Circle is a walking WMD.
>>
File: ABustyEyepatchGirl.jpg (668KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
ABustyEyepatchGirl.jpg
668KB, 1024x1536px
>>52674862

Comparison to superhero games is probably the best thing for Exalted, since it's the one thing they should be close in power to, roughly. Also because the sort of myths Exalt's are based upon are also the inspiration for a lot of heroes in general.
>>
>>52674862
>>52675637
Yeah but my point is that you're the Justice League who is better than the other 59 Justice Leagues, just because. The other 295 Solar tier people just aren't as good as you. Normally the PCs being special is a necessity or genre conceit because they are typically playing people who aren't very special so to tell an interesting story the PCs are pretty special.

But Solars are already super special by dint of being Solars. The PCs don't need anything else to differentiate them from the rest of the people, they are 5 people among 300 the likes of which no one can really equal when they reach their zenith. Having extra rules or different rules to apply to PCs just seems excessive.
>>
>>52676488
>When Solars reach their zenith

You did that on purpose.
>>
>>52676563
It was the word that fit best, I considered changing it, but decided fuck it, it's a word.
>>
So, what does /tg/ think of Tomb of Dreams, out of curiosity?

>has crappy Internet connection
>only managed to get it yesterday

It doesn't list any Evocations for the artifacts, but I think you could handle it pretty easily refluffing the artifacts in the corebook.

>orichalcum/black jade daiklave
Fires waves of concussive force in the form of golden light that flows like water; saps/erodes the strength of those hit with it (Shining Ice Mirror stats)
>green jade/soulsteel reaver daiklave
Emits poison that causes the flesh of those struck to swell into boils, go black, then dissolve; those slain by its venom leave nothing behind but a skeleton surrounded by a bubbling mass of viscous muck (Spring Razor stats)
>Orichalcum Reaper Daiklave
Just use Beloved Adorei and swap the emotion for something else (like battle-lust or something).
>moonsilver dire lance
Just use the Moonsilver bow from the corebook and replace the 15+ Initiative benefit with something similar - maybe let it hit enemies at Short Range with an attack or something.
>orichalcum/white jade chakram
Maybe use Orichalcum Hunting Hawk's evocations, and say that it gets an extra Artifact dot because it's otherwise weaker than the artifact boomerang.
>white jade/red jade/moonsilver boomerang
Refluff the soulsteel boomerang from the corebook as incinerating (portions of) the corpses of those slain by it, and being trailed by ash/ember clones of the boomerang. Maybe leave off the capstone charm and call it Artifact 3.
>>
>>52676661

It's meant to be a one shot, so no one would ever get the chance to learn any Evocations. No point on using up the word count on something that will never be used in the session.
>>
>>52676595
Well instead of paying attention to everything else you wrote, now everyone is just going to be groaning at your bad pun.
>>
>>52676661
Tomb of Dreams is pretty good for a short introduction module to Exalted. I think it works better than the Tomb of Five Corners did in 1st and 2nd edition anyway. Hell, I might even run it if I find a group of people and try to introduce them to Exalted.
>>
>>52676695
Every artifact has some sort of attunement bonus as a part of its evocations, and sometimes that attunement bonus takes the form of granting free access to one of the full-blown Evocations; additionally, often some of those Evocations are unlocked for free following a particular event (which, in many cases, might occur during the course of the scenario) rather than through the expenditure of XP.
>>
>>52676661
>>52676953
So, the moonsilver dire lance has starmetal wire filligree wrapped around its spear shaft, right? And it says that it looks like its reflection ripples like water in a pond even though its solid metal.

What if its evocations evoke the warping of space (combining the malleability of moonsilver and the space-time/fate manipulation of starmetal), and that's why it gives the benefits to movement and stealth, along with a ranged attack at full power?
>>
>>52676488

There aren't necessarily 59 other Justice Leagues - it's entirely possible that there's no other circles than yours and the canon ones. Solars are the most likely splat to be singletons.
>>
>>52677645
>the canon ones
So, that's, what, Dace's one, Prince Diamond's one, the Bull of the North's one, Demetheus's one, the Tomb of Five Corners one, and now probably the Tomb of Dreams one? Is that really much better? ;) :P
>>
>>52677910

>Prince Diamonds one
>Demetheus's one
>Tomb of Dreams one

This is interesting, because some Solars are part of multiple Circles; Volfer in Prince Diamonds and Tomb of Dreams, Faka Kun in Demetheus's and Tomb of Dreams. On a side note is the Tomb of dreams Twilight a completely new character? He's the only guy who I don't recognize.
>>
>>52678361
Nah he's been around since 1e.
>>
>>52677645
Either you're the only Justice League and therefore specialer, or there are multiple Justice League's and you're the only one getting actual shit done, which is just as bad if not worse.

I personally don't like making the PCs out the be any more special than anyone else of their caliber. A level 20 Fighter in D&D that's a PC has no leg up on a level 20 Fighter that's an NPC. A Solar PC should not intrinsically be better than a Solar NPC.
>>
Is Cseke a 2nd circle demon of Isidoros?
>>
>>52678412
Sorry, meant Oramus.
>>
>>52678404
Simulationist pls go
>>
>>52677910
>Tomb of Dreams

I don't think the Tomb of Dreams crew is supposed to be a canon circle. I think SLS just picked them because he thought they were neat.
>>
>>52678412

I don't think it's ever mentioned. Wasn't he created just for the one book?
>>
>>52678483
I just don't like telling stories where the PCs have an unfair advantage against people that should be competition for them. If a PC beats an NPC Solars it's because they were better and deserved it, not because the NPC had half the XP or didn't do anything with their earth shaking power to make themselves stronger.
>>
>>52678589
NPCs in your games are exactly how powerful they need to be for your games.
>>
>>52678589
But NPCs are as experienced and powerful as the plot requires for them to be, not because they've been collecting XP of their own. They're purely storytelling constructs.
>>
huh. according to vance DB's don't have excellencies anymore, because they were messing with their ability to make charms for them or something.
>>
>>52678623
Yeah, but if we're starting at year 0 for Solars and a Circle hits Essence 5 in 2 years no other Solars, Abyssals, or Infernals could match that.

Except if I arbitrarily say they do, which then ignores the whole point of the PCs being better naturally, which is my point of contention. So yes, by ignoring what the book is saying about the PCs I can get what I want.
>>
>>52678569
He was, but it would be nice to speculate about who is signing his paystubs since he could be a future antagonist.
>>
>>52678564
IIRC, in response to being asked "Why Mirror Flag?", his answer was basically, "I think Mirror Flag is cool. ...That's it."

So, yeah. He also mentioned their stats are completely non-canon and, in some cases, contradictory to what has already been established about the character.

Pretty much what I wanted from the pre-gens of a sample adventure.
>>
>>52678656
I just don't understand why this is an issue. Just do whatever you need to do to make the antagonists challenging for your PCs even if it contradicts the book.
>>
>>52678701
I do, I run my games that way, I'm saying I think it's a silly design idea to make Exalts, let alone Solars, played by the PCs even more special than other Exalts.
>>
>>52678631
If its the quote I'm thinking of that was about full excellency charms. Like perfect strike discipline.
>>
>>52678701
Contradict the book?! But these are real, fictional people with real, fictional feelings! The other people at the table are just humans! Their enjoyment doesn't matter as long as we maintain the integrity of the canon.
>>
>>52678719
Q: Can you clear up some confusion on my part, are you talking about "free excellencies" as in charms that allow you to take a full free excellency boost in certain situations, or are you saying that DBs don't automatically get access to excellencies for their favoured/caste abilities/abilities they have purchased charms in?
Va: Dragon-Blooded don't get free access to Excellencies. They don't get Excellencies at all, in fact.
>>
>>52678715
The Solar PCs are already more special than other Exalts. They're the only ones who have a chance to save Creation while everyone else plays grabass and lets some horrible cataclysm end the Age of Sorrows.
>>
>>52678768
Well yes, in this case the Solar PCs shouldn't be more special than other Solars since they're already turbo special by playing Solars.
>>
File: meme.png (1MB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
1MB, 857x1202px
>>
File: 1477147133475.png (411KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
1477147133475.png
411KB, 500x503px
>>52678932
>>
Well I guess we'll see how it plays out when DB charm spoilers come around.
I can already hear the bloat complaints
>>
>>52678765
Apparently instead their ability dice-adders are uniquely tailored to each ability's needs rather than being generic die-dumpers like Solar Excellencies.
>>
>>52678404
>A level 20 Fighter in D&D that's a PC has no leg up on a level 20 Fighter that's an NPC

Actually, thats wrong, because NPC's explicitly have less treasure than PC's in D&D for some editions, and given treasure powers you up pretty heavily...
>>
File: BustyHammer.png (2MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BustyHammer.png
2MB, 853x1024px
>>52678722

Somewhat related to what you said, but I always question the point of trying to play a particular game if you ignore all of the rules in it. Not that what you said is really an example of it, but I do occasionally come across groups that toss out so many rules of a game that it really makes me wonder why they didn't just choose a game system more tailored to their interests by default.
>>
>>52679424
Familiarity. Inertia. Comfort.

It's a lot easier to take something you know and have used and change it by degrees to do what you need it to do than to learn something wholly new. You know its idiosyncrasies, what its good at and where it falls down. You can eyeball the strength of the adversaries because you've been playing the same thing under new house rules for over a decade now.

And personally as I get older I just have less and less time and inclination to read the 300 page tomes cover to cover in order to master them, much less the 600 page books like Ex3 and Burning Wheel. But I still enjoy mechanically complicated games over rules light games like Fate or Savage World so I stick with what I know and tinker with it to suit my tastes.
>>
Do you allow your solars to make charms unique to their single exaltation. Like Novas ability in the comic to unlock all evocations of weapons or Desus ability to be able to make actions seem justified?
>>
>>52680088

No, because that sounds like a breeding ground for bad ideas justified as "but muh super special seekrit technique". If you make something, so can any other Exalt of the same type as long as they meet the pre-req's.
>>
>>52680088
I don't think Nova had a special power. He was just a Dawn Caste who was really good with Lore and had one particular Essence 3 charm.

He also apparently invented Iajutsu, given how he was the one who created Single Point Shining In The Void Style.
>>
>>52680088
Sometimes, if I feel like such a thing would fit the character concept. Not always, though. More often I'd create such powers as Evocations rather than regular Solar Charms.
>>
>>52680162
It mentioned in the comic he could give the swords to others while keeping their powers unlocked. With seemingly little limitation since he had been the first to unlock evocations.
Though this might be a gift from autochthon, rather than a Solar charm
>>
>>52680088

It's not really an issue, because all Solars can eventually learn custom Charms. Desus and Eternal Nova did exactly that. If it's ever relevant, it's only related to the PC's past life.
>>
>>52679086
Aka "excellencies with extra conditions limiting their use".
>>
>>52681208
Or perhaps having addition techs other than 1m/die.
>>
>>52678715
just pretend they were dragonbloods who then happened to also exalt as solars. specialness solved, all pcs are double exalts ;)
>>
>>52680162
lajutsu?
autocorrect only knows lawsuit
>>
>>52681924
Presumably he means iaijutsu, which is more or less the art of drawing the sword.
>>
>>52682585
Even Blade?
>>
>>52682861
The most awesome tma last edition, you mean?
>>
>>52683156
I always thought Even Blade is Iaijutsu, not sure if it's true
>>
>>52679086
>>52681208
>>52681255
I hope this'll work out and just end up with Dragon-Blooded having to pay XP on something significantly worse than what Solars get for free. I mean, Dragon-Blooded dice-adders shouldn't be as powerful as Solar Excellencies, but some extra benefit would be nice if they're Charms that need to be purchased.
>>
So where's all of this "DBs don't have excellencies" coming from? They can add (Ability) dice to a roll, +1 if they have an applicable specialty, and they can spend 1WP to reroll (Essence) dice, can't they? It's on page 540 of the core.
>>
>>52683968
From the devs. The quick characters in the core are just that, quck characters meant to be used before other splats are published. The rules and Charms of QCs aren't necessarily exactly what the other Exalted will ultimately get.
>>
>>52678631
Weird. Crumblepunch managed to make a charm set just fine with the excellency.
>>
>>52653872
replace with these tweaked changes

•having at least two dots in this background also gives the solar/lunar bond the following familiar-like properties(for both sides):
-sense borrowing within 100 yards(only one sense at a time, and to clarify it does not deprive the lunar of access to that sense.)
-the innate ability to convey simple ideas through gestures only your mate understands and viceversa
-and the ability to store an extra 5 motes of essence in your mate(who's 'charge' she isn't aware of and can't use herself, and that regenerates only after she has fully regained her own motes. this essence store can be accessed only while in physical contact with your mate))
• remove the line 'Conversely, each dot of the Solar Bond Background reduces the Lunar’s Mental Defense Value by one whenever her actions go against her bonded Solar.' for any rating under 3. that is now a perk of 3+ level bonds.
•at 3+ dots the Solar gets the same automatic/manditory mdv bonus against social attacks to work against his lunar, but at two dots lower in strength.
unless the bond is at 5 dots in which case the mdv bonus is of equal strength.
>>
>>52664276
Charm bloat isn't even a thing, and 3E, in spite of the issues it may have, is still a thousand times more functional than Anima
>>
>>52662973
Cortex Plus works really well. I'm having a great time running Exalted with Blood & Fire.

Weirdly, I'm currently working on a Savage Worlds conversion for Exalted for a friend...
>>
>>52685139

I think you mean the reverse.

Honestly the thing I think Exalted needs most is to take a step WAY back in the other direction and to take a more OSR approach to the game. I actually liked how 1e had simple rules with most things resolved between the players and GM than the book vomitting dozens of pages at me.
>>
>>52685409
>a more OSR approach to the game
Anon, please do not talk about game design ever again. Old-school roleplaying games are old-school because they just aren't good enough for modern times, and the current OSR trend is more cancerous than all the pretentious story-games combined.
>>
>>52685753

Yet the movement towards more simple and narrative based systems have been on the rise for years.

Exalted would benefit from such a thing. It doesn't need to use the OSR system, hell it could use storyteller, but I think less overall subsystems are the way to go. Not needing something for every fucking roll and combat that basically boils down to "Hit him, do damage, do enough and he dead". None of this withering/decisive bullshit that looks cool on paper is a mess in game to resolve and makes fights last needlessly longer than they should.
>>
>>52685886
But withering/decisive split works pretty well in practice, and the fights aren't unusually long compared to other role-playing games.
>>
>>52685915

Compared to other series? Yes, it takes forever as it's needlessly bloated by far too many moving parts.

Here's hoping they fire the entire crew again and just place Zak S to write Exalted 4e. With the way how Exalted has been drifting since the 1e core, I strongly believe he has what it takes to bring Exalted back to it's roots.
>>
>>52685915
Yeah, they really are. A typical five-on-five fight in EX3 can take two or three hours to resolve. That same fight can be over in 30 minutes in Savage Worlds, Cortex Plus, D&D5, or just about any other game I'd personally care to play. God help you if you try to run a truly epic combat.
>>
>>52685978
>Zak S
Fuck that guy. He's a dismissive douchebag and serial harasser who doesn't get a pass on being a piece of human shit just because he's a decent writer.
>>
>>52685982
Why the hell would your typical fight be 5-on-5? Why would a more epic combat require more participants?
>>
>>52685982
a 5v5 fight vs mortals should be 5 v a BG
a 5v5 fight vs Exalts is a boss fight and should take a while
>>
>>52686005

And yet when WW investigated they found he did nothing wrong.

Cry fucking more.
>>
zak sabbath is a shitty sjw fag that not even shitty sjw fags like
>>
>>52685409
But Godbound /is/ OSR Exalted, and all it's managed to do was bring back endless mote/effort attrition via perfects
>>
>>52686036
I'm sure the Dracula cosplayer and his team did a very thorough investigation and didn't just shrug their shoulders because they're supreme edgelords
>>
>>52686621
godbound is boring but not broken 2e
>>
>>52686005
People made the claim. People claim things all the time. An investigation showed those people were full shit, Zac didn't do anything wrong. Now go be a drama queen somewhere else.
>>
>>52685982
A team of five demigods clashing with another team of five demigods can and should be a session defining event
>>
>>52683169
Even Blade immitates Hack'n Slash if you ask me. Especially Gruesome Woodking Revelry, which turns Mortals into walking motespenders.
>>
>>52686637
It repeats what 2E did wrong and 3E fixed.
>>
>>52686638
Ok Zak S
>>
Details to follow once I get off work but I'm going run the Tomb adventure as a one shot tonight over IRC or Discord. Using the pregen characters mind you. I'm hoping to use it to get a hang of the system before I start my real campaign .
>>
>>52686812
Sure thing Holden.
>>
>>52686880
sure thing, Alex Jones.
>>
>>52686880
No problem, Zak.
>>
>>52686862
Have fun, and let us know how it goes!
>>
File: DogLunar.jpg (1MB, 1671x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DogLunar.jpg
1MB, 1671x2000px
>>52685409

Honestly, Exalted needs to just be built like an actual superhero game in terms of mechanics. The Charms, while a "thing" for Exalted, would probably just be better represented as simple, condensed power catagories or something. Why need several powers for lifting/throwing/damage/etc, when you can just take super strength or similar?
>>
>>52686005
>who doesn't get a pass on being a piece of human shit just because he's a decent writer.

You can be a piece of shit and still do your job well. Shit, several jobs basically require you to be a piece of shit TO do your job well: Lawyer, politician, pretty much anything in the movie industry, etc.
>>
>>52687058
Because being able to deal a lot of damage because you know how swing a sword real good is not the same thing as being able to lift a lot, and these things should not be represented by the same power. Not in the context of Exalted, anyways, especially not Solar Exalted.
>>
3e Dragon-Blooded confirmed to have their own version of Solar XP, known as Dragon XP.
>>
>>52687180
Also the DB preview charms have already been sent for approval.
>>
>>52642722
Wait, which one was that?
>>
>>52687216
Aren´t we supposed to get Arms and a realm book before them? Wow, they´re working fast.
>>
>>52687600
Arms yes, realm no.
Schedule is now Arms->DB->Lunars
>>
>>52687648
Isn't the Exigent book before Lunars?
>>
>>52687648
Sound actually better, given that we already have realm fluff in the core. Does DB and Lunars have a set date? I know Arms is in the next three months.
>>
>>52687707
right sorry
arms->DB->Exigents->Lunars

>>52687727
No, just soon-tm
>>
>>52687058
looks more like the ear tags you put on lambs than a dog
>>
>>52687648
I think the Realm book is actually supposed to come out round about the same time as Dragon-Blooded.
>>
>>52687427
infernal's malfeas charm to give you flaming green brass armor(not the one that turns your skin to brass, the armor one)
>>
File: WoodDynast2.png (1MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
WoodDynast2.png
1MB, 853x1024px
>>52687949

You just can't let your Lunars run free without tagging them, Anon. They could get into all sorts of trouble.
>>
>>52687976
A fine patina of blue-green tarnish rapidly spreads like mold over the character’s body, flaking away to reveal a more durable layer of shining brass etched with maddening spiral patterns and Old Realm characters that tell the stories of Malfeas and foretell the punishments he would inflict upon his enemies. Players of observers literate in Old Realm receive a three-die bonus on all Occult rolls to know such facts while they can see the Infernal. These characters glow pale green, impairing their bearer’s stealth as per a four- to-seven-mote anima banner display.

Viridian Legend Exoskeleton is not studied for its luminous history lessons, however. The exoskeleton of living brass provides powerful armor with the following statistics: Soak +10L/+10B, with no mobility or fatigue penalty. This organic alloy has Hardness equal to its soak against attacks made without help of a Charm or artifact weapon. By default, this Charm is incompatible with other armor.

Infernals with Essence 4+ may purchase this Charm a second time, allowing the exoskeleton to grow around and reinforce existing armor. This hybrid armor can’t be removed while the Charm is active and has the combined soak of the two armors, the best Hardness values between the armors, no fatigue or movement penalties and all other powers either armor possessed (such as Hardness equaling soak against nonmagical attacks). This purchase also increases the Charm’s duration to Indefinite.

Errata - The Viridian Legend Exoskeleton has Hardness 5B/5L against magical attacks. The Essence 4+ repurchase costs an additional seven motes to invoke.

Soak +10L/+10B, with no mobility or fatigue penalty

CHARMViridian Legend Exoskeleton
EXALTED TYPEInfernal 2e
YOZIMalfeas
PAGEInfernals (2e)110
MOTES10m
WP1
OTHER-
DURATIONOne Scene
TYPESimple
CASTESlayer
REQUIREMENTS3
KEYWORDCombo-Basic,Obvious

(pasted from charsheet management program, haven't checked readability)
>>
>>52687998

Please don't post aging high school girls.
>>
>>52688051
so I guess I misremembered. it's both
>>
File: BustyChubbyBlondeWarrior.jpg (407KB, 1000x1630px) Image search: [Google]
BustyChubbyBlondeWarrior.jpg
407KB, 1000x1630px
>>52688064

Isn't Mnemon supposed to look like a 16 year old nothing, but everyone draws her as some tall huge tittymonster with regal bearing and shit?
>>
>>52688091
That's only in 2e. In 1e it was explicitly stated that she looks like she's about 30.
>>
>>52688091

She also looks nothing like you might think an Earth Aspect with Legendary Breeding would look.

At least give her marble skin and ruby eyes...
>>
File: WaterAspect3.png (2MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
WaterAspect3.png
2MB, 853x1024px
>>52688172

Yeah, I've noticed the artists never seem to be fans of the material, so stuff never looks as...Elemental, as it should, for the higher breeding ones.
>>
>>52688172
I always assumed her red hair was meant to be evocative of a volcano.
>>
File: Harpist.png (2MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Harpist.png
2MB, 853x1024px
>>52688322

Volcano's would probably be more of a Fire thing though.

She has red hair because her mother has red hair, is more likely in her case. Or because she needs to be beat like a redheaded stepchild for being a huge cunt.
>>
>>52688365
Eh, not necessarily. It's one of those manifestations that can apply to multiple elements, like Ice (which now apparently can be evoked from either black or blue jade).
>>
>>52688365
Just going through the Granblue folder huh
>>
File: BandagedMAistNoLogo.png (1MB, 1000x1493px) Image search: [Google]
BandagedMAistNoLogo.png
1MB, 1000x1493px
>>52688560

Actually had no idea where these came from, I just save stuff that looks good.
>>
>>52688745
Granblue has top tier character designs for both male and female characters so you will find a lot of them.
>>
>>52687998
Holy shit other than the eye color that is the perfect pic for one of my characters. Thank you you for posting it.

>>52688172
>She also looks nothing like you might think an Earth Aspect with Legendary Breeding would look.
>At least give her marble skin and ruby eyes...
Yeah that's really something I hope we see in the Dragonblood book but considering how shit the art was in the core I doubt it.
>>
>>52688091
Mnemon was noted as aging exceptionally slowly.

Back in First edition she looked 30. She was around 16ish when the first Heptagram was destroyed. Half a millennia later, she only looks like she aged another 15 years or so.

Some author in 2nd edition must have missed the part about her aging slowly since she was 16 and misconstrued it as her not aging at all since she was 16. Or maybe that was his Magical Realm.
>>
>>52689432
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=rosetta_%28granblue_fantasy%29
>>
File: TribalInRed.jpg (534KB, 700x1120px) Image search: [Google]
TribalInRed.jpg
534KB, 700x1120px
>>52689432
>Holy shit other than the eye color that is the perfect pic for one of my characters. Thank you you for posting it.

I figure if I post enough, some will be useful. You guys really oughta start putting more stock into the "image" part of image boards, everyone might benefit.
>>
>>52689441

Her writeup in Scroll of Exalts gave her a Gem of Immortality.

Which... would neatly explain things. Even if she *also* ages slowly, if anyone in the Realm has access to a five-dot Earth Manse, it's Mnemon.
>>
File: Age_of_Ishtaria_--------_2.jpg (676KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Age_of_Ishtaria_--------_2.jpg
676KB, 666x1000px
>>52689469
>http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=rosetta_%28granblue_fantasy%29
Thanks

>>52689537
>I figure if I post enough, some will be useful. You guys really oughta start putting more stock into the "image" part of image boards, everyone might benefit.
Yeah your right I'll post three right now.
>>
>>52689571
Which was dumb. Her slowed aging was originally supposed to have been the result of what had happened when the first Heptagram had been destroyed, and that she was considered strange a bit freaky even by other Dragon Blooded. Just changing that out to a Hearthstone was dumb.
>>
File: DragonsShadow_------.jpg (513KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
DragonsShadow_------.jpg
513KB, 640x800px
>>
File: -ラグナブレイク7.jpg (636KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
-ラグナブレイク7.jpg
636KB, 640x800px
This one is my favorite but you'll have to ignore the microphone.
>>
>>52690244
Why? She might be a Zenith with a good first age artifact.
>>
Q: Is Dragon XP similar to Solar XP?

A: It's essentially the same currently, just with Aspect Bonuses instead of Role Bonuses.
>>
File: BustyLunar.jpg (583KB, 800x941px) Image search: [Google]
BustyLunar.jpg
583KB, 800x941px
>>52690299

This is already feeling like the sort of thing that just should've had a generic name. Now every book is going to have it's own "Extra fun points" name.

>nb4 Lunars have "Yiffin XP"
>>
>>52690335
I don't mind that too much as long as the conditions for gaining the extra fun points are reasonably flavorful.
>>
>>52690270
Hmm that's true.
>>
File: GunslingerMan.png (423KB, 593x960px) Image search: [Google]
GunslingerMan.png
423KB, 593x960px
>>52690356

Oh, I'm not complaining about the fact it exists, just that it probably would've been healthier for the game to just have a centralized name for it, and then just say "This is the Solar Chart for it, other books will have their own method", rather than trying to rename it for every book.

Also new thread when?
>>
Do you think historical Earth would be good for an Exalted game? Particularly somewhere around the medieval era. It might actually work better for Pre-Christian times but I like the idea of Christianity existing. I don't know how neatly everything could fit without ruining the "Earth" aspect.

Maybe only Dragon-Blooded, Liminal and Exigent Exalted? Given the lack of content for 3e it may be better to do it in 2.5e and it's not like Liminals or Exigents are fleshed out anyway.
>>
>>52690811

Not really. It just seems like a bad idea to try and cram Exalt's into Earth without it being "And it was this that killed the dinosaurs" tier far back into history.
>>
>>52690811
I've always thought that a game taking place along the Silk Road, with China, India, Arabia and Europe, and all of the religious conflicts between Christianity and Islam, and Islam and Buddhism, and Buddhism and Taoisim would make for a fucking amazing Exalted setting.

That said, I'd really steer clear of dropping the game in in the middle of Europe. I think you'd lose too much of Exalted's "exotic" flavor. Though maybe a game set in the eastern Mediterranean focusing on the Crusades and the clash of cultures and religious beliefs could be pretty nifty.
>>
>>52690299
Everytime the Fire Aspect delivers a sick burn to an enemy they get a point of XP?
>>
>>52691305
Literally. Increased XP if it's third degree or worse.
>>
Anyone have the rules for mice of the sun that were cut between the leak and the backer pdf
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.