[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/ I've been thinking. I know the concept of super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: UNSC-supersoldiers.jpg (165KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
UNSC-supersoldiers.jpg
165KB, 1920x1200px
Hey /tg/ I've been thinking. I know the concept of super soldiers is relatively not foreign in science fiction but what about Fantasy? I've been tinkering with the idea of some long forgotten civilization experimenting with people of Epic born fate (Like incredibly powerful stats with some inherit destiny to save the world. Instead of letting the destiny play out they take them and freeze them in stasis. When they gather enough capable Epic heroes who are all roughly equivalent ages because of the stasis they train them in all forms of fantasy powers.

The idea was that the BBEG, or whatever isn't really a BBEG but a group of these Arcane super soldiers from an ancient civilization awoken from stasis. This obviously wouldn't be noticeable right away to the players, but sooner or later they would come across the group or maybe even select members as they are completely missions or destabilizing the region and assassinate powerful figures.

A few issues come up. The soldiers themselves. I am having issues coming up with their Classes, equipment, and tactics. If these guys are Fantasy Hyper soldiers I was thinking of having them gestalt classes, with some sort of armor that is woven into their very bodies for maximum capability(Like guyver or pic related).

tl;dr Trying to generate Fantasy Super Soldiers as antagonists from some long forgotten time need help brain storming some ideas about the soldiers themselves. Trying to do this for 5e.
>>
>>52639025
Some Ideas so far:
>Ability to use multiple forms of fantasy powers ranging from ki, to magic, maybe even some divine stuff.
>Always over equipped with equipment
>Armor is some kind of powerful armor that gives them haste, has adamantium plates woven in for protection, telepathy with the collective group regardless of distance, limited invisibility, water breathing, and etc. Powered by some crystal of power.
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (47KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
47KB, 770x433px
>>52639025
that'll cost you a ritualistic birthing ceremony and a good 15 years of gym fees for each.
>>
>>52639151

And they still die like scrubs.
>>
>>52639151
>>52639163
Kingdom was willing to pay the fees because it was at war with some ancient power. The downside was they were too effective and sealed away permanently in stasis. The civilization they had rose and fell. They were long forgotten until some crazy wizard opened up the stasis pods...

So how about gestalting?
>>
>>52639025
>EvilLink.txt
>>
>>52639163
That was motherfucking jack.

And they had been responsible for the hardest fight of his life at that time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0ehhUDKeWM
>>
bumping again
>>
>>52639329
>>52639489
>>52639837
Literally kill yourself right now. This thread wasn't even vaugly in danger of dropping you autistic shit and if it was you should stop and think if there might be a reason for that to be the case.
>>
OP I think something like the UrukHai might be the closest thing in pop fantasy. Also: the warforged from Eberron.
>>
>>52639973
Thanks I'll give those a read.
>>
>>52639025
>Warforged origins
>royal professional heroes of one setting or other
>chosen ones whose fate is too powerful to be counteracted
>not!Zeus/Ares raping not for fun, but to amass an army of demigods.

Any set of magic armor has pretty much the same benefits of power armor, if none of the aesthetics: more strength, agility, better senses, resistance etc. I once played an elderly character which almost never took off his armor because he resented being over 70 years old and the frailty that comes with it.
>>
File: grammar nazis be like.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
grammar nazis be like.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>52639025
>with some inherit destiny to save the world

I think you mean "inherent destiny."

>as they are completely missions

Phoneposting, eh? Twelve lashes ought to teach you some manners!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.