[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best set to use for your first draft? What did you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1371.png (83KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1371.png
83KB, 300x300px
What is the best set to use for your first draft? What did you draft your first time?
>>
>>52636939
My friends are looking for a good set to draft as well. One is leaning hard on Battle for Zendikar.

My first and only real draft was Time Spiral, three boosters of Time Spiral since nothing else in the block was out yet.
>>
My first technical draft was Conspiracy 2. I had just gotten into Magic, had zero idea what I was doing, and lost the first round before dropping to go play DnD.

My first actual draft where I knew what I was doing was Kaladesh. That was pretty great. Drafted R/W vehicles and did pretty well.
>>
>>52637144

BfZ is, for lack of a better word, boring. 3x Kaladesh is fun, 2x Aether Revolt 1x Kaladesh is also good. I would even recommend Shadows over Innistrad and Eldritch Moon over BfZ, though the Dual faces cards are a little tricky. Hell, I think you can get booster boxes of some of the older core sets which are pretty good:
>>
>>52636939
I realized I was about to play MtG and stopped before I killed myself for being a complete loser
>>
Origins was actually a surprisingly fun drafting environment, OP.
The flipwalkers aren't instant wins like regular walkers, lots of mythics that change the game rather than just being big fatties or bombs. Lots of cool build arounds at uncommon like sphinx' tutelage or zendikar's roil. I saw a lot of jank win in origins, which was fun.
>>
>>52639426
I too enjoyed Origins. Drafted a lot of the Tarkir block as well, and I enjoyed it.

Cube drafting is always fun. I'm in the middle of building a pauper cube, to get some variation from all the broken shit that happens in other cubes, and a change of power level is always nice
>>
Conspiracy 1 is very fun if you like super tech plays since all the conspiracies are broken as fuck
Conspiracy 2 is fun if you've played C1 and you thought conspiracies were too broken
Original Rav is beautiful, almost every rare was a big beefy bomb.
Original Innistrad (sans Avacyn Restored) is often called one of the best draft sets ever
Time Spiral was perfect.
I'm assuming you're not made of money so for what it's worth I thought Shadows over Innistrad was pretty fun
>>
>>52639977
Restrict your Cube by power level not by rarity. Rarity Cubes are intrinsically shit because you dive into them restricting your creativity by rarity. When you open up rarities you can design your Cube through decks and archetypes and won't shoot yourself down simply because it isn't a common.
>>
>>52636939
If you want recent sets, i recommend KTK if you're drafting for the first time.
It's easy and fun to draft. Easy as in you're not going to draft a completely useless deck due to the prevalence of morphs and mana fixings. It also have a balanced content making it not too swingy/durdly. Also, you can pull fetches from it and the walkers are quite easy to build around when you later use it for some kitchen table decks.
>>
If a group of 4 people are going to draft, how many boosters should we use?
>>
>>52641205
Are you drafting for prize or just for fun? As in no prize for winners?
>>
>>52641310
Just for fun.
>>
>>52636939
dragons of tarkir
Ended up making a blue black exploit deck that went round and round in circles and largely did nothing
Lost like a chump, still had fun.

>>52641205
we played with 3 Booster's per person, seemed to work
>>
For fun? I like Khans personally, but yeah it's rough for a first time draft..
>>
>>52641205
5 or 6 would be best, you're going to have half as many people so you'll want to double the number of cards to make sure the pool is still the same.

You also get hilariously tuned limited decks which is fun
>>
>>52641372
Then 3 booster per person should be enough.
If you want to put a small prize in it. Make it so the 1st place pay 2 boosters, and last place pay 4 boosters. It's not a whole lot, but it would make the draft more exciting.
>>
>>52641482
Nah no prizes, because despite how bad I am at Magic, I have the best understanding of the rules and my friends are idiots who will lose.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.