[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CCG - Custom Card General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 145

File: 3674.jpg (630KB, 1400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
3674.jpg
630KB, 1400x1800px
I don't know what I'm doing edition.

>To make cards, download MSE for free from here:
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
https://mtg.design/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
http://pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
http://pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: http://pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj
>>
File: Morphogenesis.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Morphogenesis.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
how problematic is this?
>>
File: Maluk, Champion of Naya.jpg (207KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Maluk, Champion of Naya.jpg
207KB, 744x1039px
>>
File: High Noon.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
High Noon.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
Sometimes you just want to make some jank
>>
>>52604481
>takes 12 turns to activate, 15 to fully play
>doesn't work 50% of the time
>tiny effect

This is the shittiest rare ever.
>>
>>52604240
The "turn face up" bit won't function.
The game rules will say "nope, can't have an instant on the battlefield, don't do that".
>>
Balance the Scales
1U
Instant
As an additional cost to cast ~, exile the top card of your library.
Counter target spell if it has the same converted mana cost as the exiled card.
>>
>>52607077
Relies too much on Top.

>>52604263
The graveyard ability is very strong - compare it to Anger. It either needs a cost (just R will do) or some other conditional.

>>52604240
The first part relies on the honor system. The second part doesn't work, and the morph rules are very complicated that you can't just hack it on.
>>
>>52607077
Over costed and honestly not that good.
>>
File: Prinoia.png (845KB, 1130x523px) Image search: [Google]
Prinoia.png
845KB, 1130x523px
It's OP as fuck, isn't it?
>>
>>52607731
First part actually functions fine. You don't have to reveal that the thing you're playing as a Morph is actually a morph creature, since it's pretty damn obvious when you clean up and the facedown was a plains.
>>
>>52608736
Body is a good body with a trash activated ability.
Soul would be fine in draft, silly in constructed. Could benefit from a cost on the draw or an "opponent's discards" rider on the play-off-discards.
Reunited is trash. I'd REALLY rather have Body and Soul than Reunited. The first ability is a trashy winmore that'd require setup. The second and third abilities are the sort of thing you'd see at CMC 2.
>>
File: Basra the Godslayer.png (274KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Basra the Godslayer.png
274KB, 375x523px
>>52608736
Well, Intimidate is a dead keyword, and it doesn't belong in white anyway, and neither does its replacement Menace, so there's that. You also have a monowhite card with haste, another issue. Soul's abilities post-keywords feel more black than red, and a non-Dragon, non-Phoenix in red having flying is kinda questionable. So is an Angel. Body is fine other than the Intimidate issue. Why is Reuinited white? Why does it let you cast from exile when neither piece of it deals with that? Why does it have a blue ability like that to begin with? It doesn't even seem related to its parts. The whole thing is kind of a mess, honestly.

>>52607077
Too unreliable in my opinion. Needs too much scry to make work.

>>52604240
There's a reason Manifest has the caveat about "if it's a creature".

>>52604263
Pretty good. Him being Naya flavored really makes me want some 5+ power mechanics but honestly, this is fine too. I agree that a low mana cost might be necessary on the last bit. Maybe R/G hybrid?
>>
>>52610233
Wait, I take that back, I guess she lets you revisit the Madness cards you exiled, but eh, still a mess in my opinion nonetheless.
>>
>>52610276
When you cast a thing with madness and it resolves, it goes to the 'yard.
Madness just makes things skip through exile on their way to the yard and gives you a chance to cast them, it won't ever stick something in exile and leave it there.
>>
>>52610320
Oh whoops, you're right and I'm tired. I shouldn't have second-guessed myself. I was thinking of Flashback or something.
>>
>>52610320
>>52610387
I should also specify that I forgot about the changes to the Madness reminder in SoI. Again, tired. Not even waiting to have all my thoughts together before I post.
>>
I'm making a card game similar to Magic. Anyone got cool keywords they've come up with?
>>
>>52610432
What kind of themes are you looking for? What is the planned priority of each faction of the game? A little more context for this would be good.
>>
>>52610694
It's a magic-esque card game pet project I've worked on this semester. With inspiration from Magic, Wow TCG, and the game Path of Exile.

Really looking for concepts around how you play cards like Convoke (can tape creatures to pay mana cost) Kicker (Additional cost for additional effect) and other thematic ones like Unearth (Return to play for 1 turn)
>>
File: 1 Black Uncommons Second Draft.jpg (774KB, 2250x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1 Black Uncommons Second Draft.jpg
774KB, 2250x1046px
Spring break is over, so I'm back to being short on time. However, I did find the time to revise these. Changes range from minor cost/wording adjustments to flavor text alterations to major changes in function (specifically on Grisly Harvest). Feedback, as always, is much appreciated.
>>52610233
Solid. Very Naya. I like it.
>>
File: Blood Stalker.png (268KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Stalker.png
268KB, 375x523px
>>52610778
Thanks man, I do kinda like her.

Slow night around here. I guess most of us have social lives.

>01
Not really feeling the First strike here. If it were an Assassin, I could see it, but I usually don't care for it just being tacked onto black cards unless, like Flash, it's there to make the card work. I do appreciate the self-synergy though.

>02
Classic suicide black.

>03
Good synergy here, obviously. I like the fact that it has an ability green likes and a green activated ability that gets it there. Very thematically pleasing.

>04
Still fine.

>05
Boring goodstuff creature, but will be a heavy draft favorite. Honestly the Deathouch is unnecessary.

>06
It's really a shame the Banu didn't get Delve.

>08
Amusing that you made this and Amonkhet has the same thing at 2B, if I recall. Obviously fine.

>09
3BB for a 2/2 and two 1/1s seems a bit underwhelming when you can get two 2/2s for 2BB, but you can't really make it instant unless you maybe flip-flop the costs and go 2B to cast and 1B to Escalate? Still pops Pinnacle and all that either way, but I could be wrong on the notion here.

>10
Much better than GGG.

>11
I feel like this needs a bit more. That indestructible cost is steep for it not to do anything on its own already. At least a +1/+1?

All in all, pretty decent. Channeler and Tomb-Keeper are my favorites.

Nothing new to post so I'll just repost the one passable mechanic I've made in years. Got a bit of cardmaker's block tonight even though I want to make cards. Kinda sucks.
>>
>>52610743
>Path of Exile

The biggest thing you'd want to capture mechanically from PoE would probably be links.

Maybe some kind of splice like effect, with spells that can add their effects to another spell you cast? I'd avoid splice itself, and look at less parasitic ways to use the same "add this card's effects to that spell" mechanic. Hmm..

Gravesplice: Basically triggered flashback. Pay a cost and exile the card to add its effects to a spell you're casting.

Chainsplice: Splices itself on to the next spell you cast. A kind of kicker, but with a cumulative effect the more chain spells you cast.

Creaturesplice: I think this actually does work mechanically, but I'd limit it to creatures with etb effects to avoid tons of memory issues.
>>
File: Unsummoner.png (263KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Unsummoner.png
263KB, 375x523px
>>52611868
>>52610743
Seconding splice abilities, though it can really make counterspells feel terrible, and it can complicate whatever passes for the stack in said game. I guess we'd need to know more about it.

So... I thought this up. I'm not sure how good of an idea it is (the keyword I mean, not the card, which needs a better name).
>>
File: Screenshot_20170408-223757.png (3MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170408-223757.png
3MB, 2048x1536px
Is it good? Spider behemoth combo
>>
>>52612081
Tons and tons of memory issues, not to mention the various weird things that could happen if the sources of any of those triggers change controllers or zones.
>>
>>52612202
Not sure you're in the right thread there, chief.
>>
>>52611868
>>52612081
>though splice abilities can really make counterspells feel terrible

You could write up spells a bit like ICE in Netrunner, with line by line effects, and then make most counters only hit a single effect rather than the entire spell.

It would also give you some more flexibility to play around with exactly which effects of a spell can be spliced.
>>
>>52612275
Sorry, high as fuck playing m2015
>>
>>52612261
>memory issues
What issues besides forgetting what it does?

>trigger source shenanigans
I suppose; there's a reason why they don't make many cards that trigger triggered abilities manually. Honestly I figured it wouldn't be that big a deal since it just basically makes its own ETB stuff go off when it dies, and makes other creatures' "when something ETBs" stuff go off, but I guess I didn't think it through?
>>
>>52612291
That sounds like a cool idea but with all that this would not be a very simplistic game. Of course, MtG isn't either and it tries to be, so...
>>
File: futurestrikered.jpg (760KB, 1125x2092px) Image search: [Google]
futurestrikered.jpg
760KB, 1125x2092px
Made some bad cards. Wanted to fuck around with red, and decided to go with a future theme since that's what's been kicking around in my head as of late. Sorted by rarity, starts with the artifact stuff. Yes, I'm aware there are non-artifact constructs, think of, say, Blade Runner / GitS / Shadowrun / etc.
>>
>>52612443
Followup explanation post stuff:
>Ghostly Echoes
Simple clone spell. The idea is that you either use it offensively, or send attackers down the "wrong" path by cloning a possible blocker in an emergency. Could have easily been blue, and there was a very small amount of time where these cards were going to be UR.

>SQL Injection
Cheeky name, otherwise it's just a variant on that new red enchant we're getting in AHK. More keywords, bigger cost.

>Shell-Stealer Rootkit
Mindjacking, plain and simple. Based on Wrangle, I tried to give it looser restrictions in exchange for downside if you let the creature die. Not sure if it actually feels more interesting than Wrangle, though.

>Mindjacked Servitor
A combo of Soulbright Flamekin, Desperate Ritual, and more standard red creatures. I just realized that you can feed the red mana she generates back into her ability, which is unintended and ungodly busted. Fuck.

>Street Samurai
Nothing too interesting here, actually.

>Refugee Slums
Tried to make an interesting land. I wonder if it would be worth fetching in a format where that matters, or if it's still not good enough.

>Hacker's Tag
Not a lot to say here. I think I did something cool with the last ability, but maybe it's a bit weak stand-alone.

>Marcomodded Courier
The pride and joy of this one-hour design bash. Gives red a multi-burn effect (that may be too good in hindsight- I meant to keep her a 3/3 but forgot to do so), and the ability to pay huge mana in order to get a chance to do it again.
>>
File: Settlement Ravager.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Settlement Ravager.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>52612443
I like a lot of these, but future sight frames should be reserved for a, "What if we tilted the color pie counter-clockwise/clockwise?" not, "This setting is a little out there but everything is still in their slices."
Anything I don't comment on is fine.
>Pocket
Needs to be 2 to cast. +2 power is a pretty big deal for making trades mid game and can turn a spirit token into a genuine clock as well as being good for crewing. The reach really pushes it as well, and I'd consider making it uncommon.
>Ghostly
Copying a creature for a turn is a pretty strong effect and I don't think printing it under common is safe. This is also a pretty solid removal spell due to instant speed sense it lets you trade in a fake creature and get entry trigger value. Needs to be at least 1RR. Maybe drop to instant.
>SQL Injection
Unless this set has ways to remove -1/-1 counters this could just be RR.
>Mindjack Servitor
This is pretty dang insane. At worst it's a ramp card that took some prep. I really think this needs to be at least 3 mana, or restrict the pump effect to only be used during combat and reduce the refund amount to like 4.
>Street Samurai
Indestructible isn't very red. I think First Strike would fit a lot better, or menace.
>Refugee Slums
This being a basic land type really pushes it to be too strong. it allows a lot of fixing without costing you life like a shock normally would. I don't think making a strict upgrade to Crumbling Visage is a good idea.
>Marcomedded Courier
I think picking one of the 3 at random to cast, and reducing the dash cost by 1 would be a good call. R doesn't do pure, any spell cheese. They really only do creatures, and this would be a good way to balance out that shift from the norm.
>>
>>52611868
The are I took more inspiration from was the attributes and equipment, but I do like the support gems too. I like the ideas!

Chainsplice is probably what I like the best.

>>52612081
Maybe I can post it when I get further, the rules are a little bloated right now but I like where it's headed. It's like WoWTCG (lesser extant hearthstone) where you pick a hero. Instead of lands you discard cards to play resource cards from a side deck, that provide special abilities or castable abilities. Uses an attribute system along with normal attack and defense that determine combat and what items and spells you can play. It sounds a lot more cluttered than it is.

But attacking is similar to Magic, however some keywords allow you to attack units directly. Equipment is a main part of the game unlike WoWTCG where it was more or less optional. There are basic equipment cards that can be played once a turn like lands.
>>
>>52612311
Forgetting is the biggest memory issue. You're unlikely to forget the card's own etb trigger, but any other number of abilities may have triggered by the creature entering the battlefield and you need to remember all of them. Especially if the trigger's source wasn't a permanent (Beck//Call, for example).

And actually, source shenanigans aren't even the biggest issue. The thing you need to decide is what happens if the trigger conditions were true when the creature entered the battlefield but not when it leaves.

Would cards like Elemental Bond or Ally creatures, for example (and you can make a reprise creature an Ally with a variety of effects), trigger or not when the reprise creature dies? Their conditions aren't true, but reprise tells you to trigger the abilities anyway.

This gets even weirder with cards like Ephara's Enlightenment. Can you return it from zones other than the battlefield to your hand? Normally, no, but reprise is telling you to put all the old triggers on the stack regardless.

I don't think any of these issues are actual rules paradoxes, but they're complicated enough that a keyword mechanic shouldn't be bringing them up.

(You could kind of simplify things by having it create a token copy of itself that's immediately exiled, but then you'd get whatever relevant etb triggers exist currently instead of copying whichever triggers happened when it first entered. Plus you'd potentially double up on leaves the battlefield triggers)
>>
>>52608736
Wait. If reunited lets you cast from exile, and body and soul are exiled, what happens if you recast them? I'm not terribly familiar with MTG corner cases.
>>
>>52612724
Yeah uniques in PoE feel a lot like Magic cards. That's probably one of the reasons I like the game so much, there's a lot more room for brewing wacky mechanics interactions than in almost anything else.
>>
>>52612724
Attacking creatures directly is probably something about this game I would like the most. It always irked me that you couldn't do it in MtG, though. I guess we have Fight but only certain creatures being able to do it always felt off.

>>52612735
>forgetting
Well, as with any "repeatable operation" card I guess that's an issue, but I guess bias didn't let me see it being a big one.

I also, honestly, didn't see "dies = ETB" being a huge issue. I figured it'd just happen like ETB happens and that'd be that, but it seems there are a ton of fringe cases where it just doesn't work smoothly. I suppose the lesson here is "don't design cards when you're tired". So, I'll just shove off for the night.
>>
File: High Noon.jpg (57KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
High Noon.jpg
57KB, 375x523px
>>52604481
>>52606404
I took a few minutes and gave it a shot.
>>
>>52612783
When you meld two cards, they're exiled, then returned to the battlefield transformed, but because meld is not transform, the two cards become a single card because each of the original two have half of the melded back on them.
>>
>>52612698
>Choosing the exiled spell at random
That's... actually a really sweet upgrade to it. I wanted it to be possible to hit a land, but that's not really Red either in a lot of cases, and it's free regardless. I also like it when I can make things cheaper rather than more expensive, so this really hits on all sixes for me. Hell yeah.

>Slums
Yeah, trying to balance getting a basic subtype is far from my expertise. I did consider a more complex "ETBs tapped, you can get a mana, but if you do it doesn't untap during your next upkeep", but that's a bit more complex than I want to go.

Other than that, most of my problems come from costing things properly. About what I expected, honestly. Oh, and

>Street Samurai
Based loosely on Renegade's Getaway, which isn't red at all. Might end up letting him sack for damage, maybe spawn them in tapped and attacking instead... Not sure. I feel like "artificers" have a lot of possible design space left, especially in Red.
>>
File: High Noon.jpg (57KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
High Noon.jpg
57KB, 375x523px
>>52612905
Forgot to make it a sorcery, but you get the idea.
>>
>>52612555
>>52612698
Refugee Slum is strictly better than a basic Mountain, which is pretty much the one line that nonbasics can't cross.

You could force it to etb tapped and have it add any color except red, though. Or just ally colors, if you wanted to be even safer.
>>
>>52613045
Any color but R is still too strong. Then it just becomes a, "Im in RXX and thus this will fix me quit well without costing HP."
>>
>>52604131

>Aftermath cards read as This /to/ That
>immediately think of this card
>>
>>52612081
Is it really that hard to write "enters the battlefield or dies"?
>>
File: Armor of Blacksmoke.jpg (189KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Armor of Blacksmoke.jpg
189KB, 744x1039px
>>52614765
Okay guys, need some advice for a couple of cards.
1/2
>>
File: Tbar'jun Banner Bearer.jpg (156KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Tbar'jun Banner Bearer.jpg
156KB, 744x1039px
>>52615497
2/2
>>
>>52615497
This is the most bloated and ugly rules text I've seen outside of the Animate dead reprint. Why hexproof? Why is the ability more convoluted than Balduvian Shaman? Why is there an X/X nonlegendary token without a color and still with a name? Argh fuck this.
>>52615504
Boring limited fodder
>>
Would quests that transform into your reward be a ok idea?
>>
>>52615993
Example

Quest for the fountain
G
Enchantment - Quest
Landfall - put a quest counter
Remove 3 quest counters, transform ~.

Fountain of Youth
Land
T: add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool, you may gain 1 life.
>>
>>52612792
Yeah thats probably why it felt like a natural idea combo to me. One thing I didn't like about the WoW TCG was that despite having a fairly cool equipment system, the way the game worked you pretty much either A. only ever equipped 1-2 items (like Magic with artifacts) or B. Built an entire deck around decking out your hero. In my game equipment cards are essentially the "lands" so you get to play an equipment every turn. "Legendary" equipment has more unique effects that enable builds, but that equipment has a play cost.

>>52612870
Yeah I like the idea that you can't inherently attack directly because I think it adds a little depth, but I had some ideas for keywords that would let you attack directly instead of clumsily using Fight.

The first was a Redish keyword "Execute X" which would let you attack creatures below X health (in my game damage doesnt fall off)

The other is Assassin for attacking exhausted creatures. And a few more for more niche circumstances
>>
>>52616038
Execute feels more Orzhov in flavor to me than it does Red. That's the only input I really have, though.

>>52604131

I want to do a top-down design on a medieval fantasy set, but I'm struggling with keywords. Knights, Castles, Kings, Money, Heroes, Magic, Peasants, Siege Engines. These aren't keywords themselves, but they're a place to start.

One thing I thought of was Duel, but I'm having trouble representing it. I'd probably start with Fight. Perhaps the creatures fight, and then heal each other and don't untap until their controller's next untap step? It'd kill anything too weak / unskilled for the duel, and if they bounce off of each other, they just won't untap. If the duelist is too cocky, he dies, but keeps the other creature at bay for a moment.

Another idea was greed, I.E. gold tokens. I love the idea accruing a big pile of gold tokens and using them to win in a control deck. "Gild" is, "When this ETB, create a tapped gold token that has 'T: Sacrifice this token: add 1 to your mana pool.'" The reason for them being tapped is that it gives you more design space to work around- you can donate gold to your opponents without turning on high-cost instants in their hand, and you can't sacrifice your tapped gold tokens to fizzle an opponent's ability that steals gold from you.

How would you design around dueling and greed, /tg/?
>>
File: Armor of Blacksmoke.png (420KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Armor of Blacksmoke.png
420KB, 752x523px
>>52615497
Hey look, I fixed it

>{1/B}
That's the dumbest thing I've seen on this board in a long time.
>>
>>52614765
Read what it does again. Though, we've already decided it's too complex to keyword so it's been dropped.
>>
>>52615993
>>52616014
Yeah I think it's kind of a nifty idea, at least as far as card concepts go. Could be good flavor for a set.
>>
File: IMG_8193.jpg (159KB, 454x595px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8193.jpg
159KB, 454x595px
UU
counter target spell
that spells controller draws a card

would this fix modern?
>>
File: Quest for the Lost Tomb.png (362KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Quest for the Lost Tomb.png
362KB, 752x523px
>>52616014
I like it. I've always liked quests. Not sure about the enchantment subtype though. I like the quest counters getting added by landfall + transforming into a land.
>>
>>52619779
Card draw for 2 at instant speed? Not happening!
That's some Asanagi, right?
>>
File: Sample.jpg (451KB, 976x1392px) Image search: [Google]
Sample.jpg
451KB, 976x1392px
>>52616677
Hmm I saw it as a more as Rakdos? (R/B) thematically at least. Could be wrong though, keep in mind my mechanics aren't necessarily limited to MTG's color wheel.

I should probably try to think of a "This unit can attack X unit" for each color (I have 7). Before someone tells me more colors don't work I split up a lot of the mechanics around (Blue is more ice based, and the "magic" effects are moved to purple.)

I want the ability to attack units to be holistically a little less common than Trample is in MTG. I want it to be a common keyword.

I'll link my current template. I made it 95% myself by hand in MSE so I'm somewhat proud (including all the symbols and frame images, but also self conscious that it looks retarded.

If anyone is interested in helping me I'd love it. I can post more if its interesting. There's absolutely no resemblance of balance right now.
>>
File: Evasive Maneuvers.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Evasive Maneuvers.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>52621908
mh pretty good, that's pretty balanced
>>
>>52623682
Overcosted by one.

>>52613584
One isn't a red effect, and it doesn't combo with 3720.
>>
File: Cosmic Warpgate.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmic Warpgate.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52624133
Look, you're trying to grade a joke card like it's a serious card. This is like saying Cheatyface is bad because it fails the bolt test. If the template had a silver border, this card would be silver-bordered.

Also, not all the aftermath cards combine well. Some of them just have nice little extras you can cast later. E.G. Dusk // Dawn, Rags // Riches.
>>
File: Inverter of Heavens.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Inverter of Heavens.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
Might be useful in EDH since you can pay 3 to bottomdeck a card you don't want to draw. Costs might be too expensive, though, but it's supposed to be jank.

Inspired by Stone Tower Temple from Majora's Mask.
>>
>>52621927
>Asanagi
yea boi
>>
>>52626661
Play with the bottom card of your library revealed.
If you would draw a card, put the bottom card of your library into your hand instead.
>>
File: Runners High.png (282KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Runners High.png
282KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Critical Striker.png (288KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Critical Striker.png
288KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52619779
Wouldn't even see play.
>>
>>52628030
That's actually sort of neat. And the name and art made me want to see an Enchantment that gives creatures with Haste the old "cannot be blocked except by creatures with Flying" during the first round it's summoned.
>>
>>52604240
Why not "exile a creature: if it's an instant, you may cast it for it's mana cost"
>>
>>52615504
First strike rarely is in black and thus I really think the active costing w/b doesn't fit.
>>
File: Collapse.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Collapse.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Lumber Mill.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lumber Mill.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
work work
>>
File: Aetherial Ignition.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Aetherial Ignition.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>52628986
Doesn't really feel too green besides the extra land a turn.
All your lands being a mana and a bolt seems way too good. I'd tone it down to you get one or the other and you can't send the bolts face.
>>
File: Jolly Cooperation.png (171KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Jolly Cooperation.png
171KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52621908
that's an ok concept but it's underwhelming as a card. the land is way way too underpowered. if you ask white to reach 8 lands it's gotta be a big ass reward.
look at Emeria, the sky ruin.
>>
>>52626661
does it come with its own instruction books on how it works with the rules?
>>
>>52628043
when is that supposed to resolve? it's confusing.
>>
>>52629707
just word it " or 4 damage to target planeswalker".
>>
File: 4for4chan.png (5MB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4for4chan.png
5MB, 1000x1200px
I never showed my cards before. What do you think?
>>
>>52630987
>Kignis
I actually really like it and thats a first for T1 planeswalkers. what sells it to me is the fact that you can redirect its +1 damage on itself, effectively pinging your opponents but not yourself. i also think you can make its -X deal a static amount of damage to yourself/maybe even deal no damage at all?
>>
File: Kignis Born of Fire1.png (768KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kignis Born of Fire1.png
768KB, 375x523px
>>52631127
I gave him ability to deal damage to its controller because hes still a t1 planeswalker that you can use every turn until oponent do something. In fast red decks like burn, you want to make opponent down as fast as is possible no matter how much life do you have when youre beating opponent faster. I think youre right thats second ability its too bad. Ill remove dealing damage to its controller. This will make him better pay off. thank you for the comment
>>
File: Shire Levy.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Shire Levy.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Maybe they should just be soldier?
>>
>>52631951
Yes.
>>
File: download.jpg (1MB, 1875x2092px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
1MB, 1875x2092px
>>52612905
>>52612952
I feel bullied... (The time counter trigger happens on every upkeep, not just your own. It was meant to be flavorful, not good.)

Regardless, here are some commons I was working on. I started with green since that has all four mechanics in the set.
>>
>>52633318
Ignore the fact that there's no art or flavor text on any of these. I just figured I'd get the designs of the cards out of the way before I do any art finding, plus I just couldn't be fucked.
>>
File: White Knight of Gender Equality.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
White Knight of Gender Equality.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52633318
>type feedback for this
>computer BSODs
Fuck you Windows.

Anyway, long and the short: I don't really care for Charge and think it needs a new name. It's parasitic and I'm not really a fan of those kinds of mechanics, but that's just me.

Ambush seems okay but it should be on creatures that force a choice when or when not to use it. The Rattler really doesn't, but the Elf is okay.

Memory pretty much feels like a mechanic I was goofing around with called Remembrance. Card is upthread >>52611747. It does work a bit differently but seems more limited since you have to write out everything it grants so it's harder to use for things that don't have just keywords or very short abilities.

All in all, they seem fairly solid and there are a lot of them, so I have to imagine it's a big set with little multicolor. I don't see any glaring issues, but I didn't read too deeply. Was more interested in your mechanics than power balance issues.
>>
File: download.jpg (2MB, 1875x2092px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
2MB, 1875x2092px
>>52637455
Memory pretty much feels like a mechanic I was goofing around with called Remembrance. Card is upthread >>52611747. It does work a bit differently but seems more limited since you have to write out everything it grants so it's harder to use for things that don't have just keywords or very short abilities.
Yeah, I liked the idea of Rememberance a lot, so I decided to put my own spin on it. I hope you don't mind.

>Anyway, long and the short: I don't really care for Charge and think it needs a new name. It's parasitic and I'm not really a fan of those kinds of mechanics, but that's just me.
I disagree to an extent that Charges is parasitic, but I will however change its name to something else. Outside of two cycles in common (Sadistic Huntsman and Overwhelming Strength are a part of), there aren't too many things other than creatures with that mechanic that care about bounty counters. Even then, those common cycles were made for players who want to use bounty counters as a draft archetype. That doesn't mean that I won't understand what you mean though.

>Ambush seems okay but it should be on creatures that force a choice when or when not to use it. The Rattler really doesn't, but the Elf is okay.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to do. Commons are hard to make, man.

Speaking of, just finished the red ones.
>>
File: questlands.jpg (249KB, 752x1046px) Image search: [Google]
questlands.jpg
249KB, 752x1046px
>>52616014
>>52618714
>>52621908
Quests we're originally supposed to have a card type. However that got nixed as the card(s) that cared about quests in zen block got axed.
>>
>>52636117
Should be searching a permanent card if you want it to be put on the battlefield.
>>
>>52638261
>Remembrance
Nah it's cool, I'm flattered someone liked it enough to crib it. I don't attempt sets anymore so it'll never get to flex its muscles in my hands aside from whatever one-offs I cook up.

>Charge
Yeah the name just comes off as strange; I was curious what your logic was. I was going to suggest Mark or something since it seemed like these counters were picking out targets. Bullseye... hm. It's better, but still not feelin' it. Personal taste, I guess. Same with my preference for mechanics that don't rely on otherwise do-nothing counters; it's just a design preference on my part. I didn't like Energy and Experience counters either, if that tells you anything. As a result, cards like Revealed Hostility bother me. I have to say though, even though I don't care for Bullseye, I do like how Town Brawler works as a source of counters. Well done.

Masonry Smasher suffers from the same issue as the Rattler, but
>Commons are hard to make, man
is very true, so I'm not hating, just rating. The difficulty in making flavorful, useful, fun commons is why I like making them so much, and even I don't make a ton of them.

Drown in Fire is a bit complex, but it skirts the line. I don't mind complexity in my commons (NWO chafes me but I usually design in compliance anyway, because challenge accepted) so it's probably okay.

As with the green cards, costing seems fine on most of these, and none really blow me away or anything, but they seem functional to what you're attempting. I dare say this feels like it's not your first rodeo (pun intended? Is this supposed to be a western/frontier-themed set? It sure feels like it.)
>>
>>52638443
>common

no
>>
>>52636117
Should be silver bordered, but I love it.

>>52638443
Love the idea of quests that flip into lands, very flavourful.
>>
>>52638822
My original logic for the name Charge was from the saying "watching my charges" but I've sort of fell out of love with the idea and renamed it. Originally I was just going to go with Mark like with what you said, but Bullseye I felt just hit that wild west flair just a little bit better.

My rational for the Rattler and Masonry Smasher's ambush costs was me taking in their potential to be used as combat tricks. Basically, any Ambush card could essentially read "~ deals # damage to target attacking creature." This is especially true the larger the creature, so I have to ballance that out accordingly as well.

I'll admit I was stretching NWO a bit with Drown in Fire, but there's nothing wrong with that here and there. My biggest pet peeve with the way WotC designs cards is that they assume that new players are complete idiots. Sure new players won't understand many interactions with things at first, but people are smarter than they're given credit for. They can handle a few lines of text.

I don't see commons as blowout cards that should have a significant amount of power. They have very valid purposes, but pushing raw value and power is not one of them. Granted, they shouldn't be BAD, but you get what I mean.

>I dare say this feels like it's not your first rodeo
Technically yes, technically no. There were a bunch of sets I started and never finished, like a steampunk set that aimed to make contraptions work, or a land-types-matter Polynesian themed set. I'm a sucker for the Wild West. That said, I hate how new planes are just theme parks for the Gatewatch to dick around in, but if one of those new planes was Western inspired, I'd have no problems with it.
>>
>>52604263

I'll take four of these in dredge
>>
File: Blind Rage.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Blind Rage.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Ageworn Giant.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ageworn Giant.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52638443
>>52638443
W and U don't get ramp nor do they get this type of fixing.

Fountain of youth is already a card.
>>
File: Tarmi Raiders.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tarmi Raiders.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>52640450
>>52640467
pretty good cards, no complaints here
>>
File: Ancient Cosmonaut.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Cosmonaut.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
In this set orbiting would be about as common as flying usually is, while flying would be a lot less common. Same goes for reach/orbital reach.
>>
>>52641813
Ability should have a mana cost. Compare Stronghold Assassin.

>>52640467
Meh. Too cute for its own good.

>>52640450
Not bad.

>>52638443
These don't have much going for them other than flavor, and you can keep the flavor with a better reverse design.
>>
>>52644630

>Meh. Too cute for its own good.

Huh?
>>
File: Boarding Party.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Boarding Party.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>52644593
>>
File: Space Wasp.jpg (60KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Space Wasp.jpg
60KB, 375x523px
>>52644858
>>
File: Sam-moo-rai.png (246KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sam-moo-rai.png
246KB, 375x523px
>>
File: phyerexian_final.png (576KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
phyerexian_final.png
576KB, 375x523px
>>52640450
>>52640467
cool, like them

if someone has better idea for this card mechanic I can change it
>>
File: smallerplanets.jpg (118KB, 844x393px) Image search: [Google]
smallerplanets.jpg
118KB, 844x393px
>>52645069
>>
>>52645617
That's some Ancient Grudge-tier flavortext
>>
>>52645820
i know xD
>>
>>52645801
moar
>>
File: Urabrask the Risen.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Urabrask the Risen.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
how bad is it
>>
>>52645559
I love experience counters as a mechanic and wish there was more stuff that interacted with them. That said, this would need to be in a set with some new experience commanders since it doesnt really synergize with anything right now.

>>52645617
turn one 6/6 for 0 mana. 6 life doesn't make this okay.

>>52646735
pretty cool, would love to see a cycle of all the praetors, even though it would make zero sense.
>>
>>52647381
>>pretty cool, would love to see a cycle of all the praetors, even though it would make zero sense.

could there be a lore reason for praetors becoming multi-colored? i remember some anon saying that they're mono-colored because it's against phyrexian philosophy to mix colors or something like that.

i figured it would be a cool concept of the praetors becoming warped and gaining new colors, each for their own reasons
>>
>>52646735
does it need to be stated where the revealed cards go? back on top of the library?
>>
>>52648821
oh oops i knew i would forget something

yeah, bottom of the library in a random order
>>
File: Absolute Territory.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Absolute Territory.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
I made a win-con.
>>
I'm making my own tcg similar to magic. I need some help with keywords. I'll change the wordings to make sense for magic. Creatures can attack creatures in my game.

KEYWORD1 - "When this card destroys a creatures, you may have it attack another creature."

KEYWORD2 - "When this card would deal damage to a creature greater than that creatures toughness, damage cannot be prevented."

My temporary for Keyword 1 is killstreak but I don't like that.

For 2 I would use Execute but I'm already using it.
>>
File: Oath of Garruk.png (265KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Oath of Garruk.png
265KB, 375x523px
>>52651384
My suggestion would prob be Insatiable and Overkill, respectively.
>>
Survival bump.
>>
File: Evolution of Ambition.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Evolution of Ambition.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>52651421
I have no idea if that's fair or not.
>>
>>52651384
>Creatures can attack creatures in my game.
Ugh, you're making Hearthstone?
>>
File: 1427422166545.jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1427422166545.jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
>>52651226
>Absolute Territory

Heh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zettai_ry%C5%8Diki
>>
>>52651421
Eh, I think I'd rather the ability be something like
>Whenever you activate a loyalty ability of a planeswalker you control, you may remove a loyalty counter from target planeswalker you don't control.
>>
>>52638443
The idea is interesting, but these cards aren't. I feel like the lands deserve to be a lot flashier.
>>
File: Oath of Sorin.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Oath of Sorin.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
I hate the Gatewatch, but making Oaths is kinda fun.
>>
File: Mortalize.jpg (34KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mortalize.jpg
34KB, 375x523px
>>52655595
To be fair oaths from walkers like sorin and that one from garruk farther up would probably be like anti-oaths. Like 'I'm coming for you Lilliana/Nahiri/Jace etc'.
>>
File: Solomon, High Apostale.png (348KB, 373x523px) Image search: [Google]
Solomon, High Apostale.png
348KB, 373x523px
>>
>>52655877
From a flavor standpoint, yeah, Garruk having an oath would be weird. I don't really see it with Sorin though. He hates Nahiri, not any of the Gatewarch members. Well, maybe Nissa. But it's not like I'm going to make an Oath for every planeswalker, just the ones I think would join the Gatewatch, like Dovin.

>card
Odd combo, feel like focusing purely on I destructible would be a better idea. Also, colors seem odd. Anyway, first ability should be worded
>Target creature can't gain hexproof this turn.
I think.
>>
>>52656186
>hexproof
Urgh, meant to say Indestructible here.
>>
>>52656118
Seems kinda shit. Maybe change last ability to symmetrical effect, like everyone discards a card, or sacs a non-Demon creature.
>>
>>52656186
According to the archetype cycle, we're both are wrong it should be 'That creature loses indestructible and can't have or gain indestructible until end of turn.' Guess I should have checked gatherer.

I like it this way because you can also protect your stuff with it as is.
>>
>>52656577
Er... no? I know the archetypes exist, but I was trying to offer wording that was as close to your original intent as possible. You don't need to use the archetype wording.
>>
File: 59.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
59.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>52656577
>>52656731
Oh, and I believe this is relevant.
>11/7/2014: After the second ability resolves, continuous effects generated by the resolution of spells and abilities that would give hexproof or shroud to one of the affected creatures aren’t created. For example, after the second ability resolves, a spell cast by an opponent that gives creatures he or she controls hexproof wouldn’t cause the creatures to have hexproof. (If that spell has additional effects, such as raising the power of the creatures, those effects will apply as normal.)
>11/7/2014: Continuous effects generated by static abilities (such as an Aura that grants hexproof to a creature) will not apply during the turn, but will resume applying once the turn ends.
>>
>>52656756
Uranus is busted as fuck. Any effect that allows it to tap for mana without a cost, like a bunch of auras do, makes an infinite mana engine.
>>
>>52656788
Totally true, but I want it to have some kind of weird upside down effect because its axis is so weird and it is so strange. Can't really think of anything else that sets it apart.
>>
>>52656756
Also does protection from x also protect from cards that search for x? I don't want for neptune to be unsearchable by blue

Not well versed in mtg rules so I apologize in advance
>>
File: Planets2.jpg (114KB, 844x393px) Image search: [Google]
Planets2.jpg
114KB, 844x393px
>>52657067
>>
>>52657067
No. It prevents damage from Blue sources, it can't be enchanted or equipped with Blue permanents, it can't be blocked by Blue creatures, and it can't be targeted by Blue sources. And the target but only works when it's on the battlefield.
>>
File: Sky Fertilizer2.jpg (32KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sky Fertilizer2.jpg
32KB, 375x523px
>>52657175
>>
>>52657498
I know it should be golden but I don't think it's very aesthetic
It's supposed to symbolize some kind of post-industrialist earthican utopian
>>
File: Continuing Denial.jpg (29KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Continuing Denial.jpg
29KB, 375x523px
>>52604131
Just an idea that popped in out of nowhere. No idea how to cost this.
>>
File: Oaths.jpg (321KB, 1875x523px) Image search: [Google]
Oaths.jpg
321KB, 1875x523px
More oaths.
>>
>>52657665
I doubt Ugin would join, or even want anything to do with them.
He's really mad that they went and destroyed two of the Titans, when nobody knows the role the Eldrazi play in the multiverse as a whole, and he directly told them to not destroy them.
>>
>>52657718
Probably true. Didn't really think about that. Haven't been following this garbage fire of a story for quite a while.
>>
>>52657722
Wrong thread. This is for custom cards.
>>
File: Reveya the Synthesist.png (238KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Reveya the Synthesist.png
238KB, 375x523px
>>52657665
Oath of Dack is kinda neat. Dovin feels underwhelming. Karn is strong and aught to be. Narset is very nice. Ugin is also very good. I think Dovin is the only one of these that's not really that interesting and I don't see it being played. The rest are quite nice, well done.

>>52657631
Well I assume you'd make it rare or mythic, for starters. We can compare it to things like Decree of Silence, which costs 6UU, so 8 mana. It just flat counters three spells. Yours is 5 mana and heavy blue, so not very viable for multicolor decks. Easy to build around with flash and instants, but again, heavy blue so hard to use with other colors to bolster that. What I would do is make it cost 4U, then make it work like Decree where whenever you counter a spell with it, you put a counter on it, then after three counters, you sac it. And even then, I'm not sure if that's alright. The issue is you have a very powerful effect on a very hard to use body, and I'd rather see something usable that's a bit less over the top, if that makes sense.

>>52657498
This can be monoblue; blue can tap or untap anything, including lands. But yeah, it can be GU as well if you like. I don't like the choice between an evasive creature swinging and mana ramp, but cost wise it's fine. Could probably be 2/1 if you wanted.

Have a GU Planeswalker that kinda popped into my head today. Tried to make it at least interesting, but it's a shame the +1 has to be so wordy.
>>
File: Future Guy9.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Future Guy9.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>52659380
>Oaths
Cool, thanks!

>card
Eh, why all this exile stuff? Doesn't really excite me. I think the +1 could be reworded to be Scry 3 and draw, but that's also kinda overpowered. The -3 I guess could be sac. Emblem is OK I guess, but again, why exile?
>>
>>52660247
I could change the - to a sac effect; I just usually dislike being able to salvage a card you're Polymorphing. Of course, it kinda compares badly to Elvish Piper I guess, so maybe sac is the better option? Also, because of that, should it be a -2 instead you think?

For the ult, I considered making it all nontoken creatures, not just yours. Theft is blue, and regen (which this is kinda) is green so it'd fit. I just went conservative with it because I didn't want to overshoot.

>Future Guy
I think he's the same as when last I saw him, so no issues here. I think the ult might need new wording though; it reads strangely.
>>
File: download.jpg (134KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
134KB, 750x523px
>>52660247
>>52660806
yeah maybe change the ult to "Each opponent chooses a nonland permanent he or she controls, then returns all other permanents to their owners' hands"?
>>
>>52660806
-2 I think would be reasonable. New ult idea sounds OK. I was honestly thinking of maybe something like
>Whenever a nontoken creature enters the battlefield, create a token that's a copy of that creature.
Since it's pretty similar. Huh, not entirely sure what to do about the first ability though. Anyway, at -8, I don't think it's a good idea to be conservative.

>Future Guy
Sorry for spamming him. I'll try to avoid that in the future. And give him a better name.

>>52660904
>Grax
Never been a fan of planeswalkers that can't gain loyalty. Not liking the concept here, it just seems like it's confused. What's the central idea here?

>Linus
Eh, seems a little better I think. Nothing exciting though.
>>
File: sarkhan-the-mad-14104-medium.jpg (32KB, 277x401px) Image search: [Google]
sarkhan-the-mad-14104-medium.jpg
32KB, 277x401px
>>52660981
wanted to try something similar to this
>>
>>52661063
I know that card exists. Still doesn't change my distaste for the concept.
>>
File: Sorcerers Prism (2).jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sorcerers Prism (2).jpg
42KB, 375x523px
is this wording correct?
>>
>>52661267
Not even remotely. The closest you could possibly get would be to make copies of auras. Even then, I'd recommend heavily restricting it, otherwise it just completely fucks with the game. Maybe something like
>Whenever an Aura enters the battlefield under your control attached to a permanent you control, for each other permanent you control that Aura could be attached to, create a token that's a copy of that Aura attached to that permanent.
Or something like that.
>>
>>52661358

the problem with that is that the copies remain if the original is removed, which isn't what it's going for.

I know the effect is busted as is, but I want to come up with a correct wording of it to tinker with.
>>
>>52661393
There is no correct wording for what you're trying to do, it just can't be done. I'm trying to give you something that works. Anyway, while it's a huge pain, I suppose you could try something like
>Enchant Aura
>When ~ enters the battlefield, for each permanent enchanted Aura could be attached to other than the permanent it's enchanting, create a token that's a copy of it attached to that permanent.
>Whenever an Aura not named ~ enters the battlefield, if ~ isn't a token, create a token that's a copy of ~ attached to that Aura.
>When enchanted Aura is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, exile all tokens that share a name with it created with ~.
Good lord this ability is a fucking pain to make. You couldn't choose something simple, could you?
>>
>>52661531

>You couldn't choose something simple, could you?
where do you think we are?
>>
>>52660981
>Future Guy
I wasn't implying you spammed him, just that I don't think he's any different than I last saw him so I didn't have anything new to add, that's all. Don't sweat it.

>>52660904
>Grax
-3 has some memory issues; might want to make it "this turn" or "until your next turn". Also for the ult, and the -2, I don't think you want "would'; that implies a replacement effect. So, if it's supposed to be, you need an "instead" in there. If it isn't, it needs to be changed.

>Linus
Seems straightforward enough.
>>
>>52661267
I feel like you can do something along the lines of:
>For each aura enchanting a permanent, change the text by replacing all instances of "enchanted" with "each".
Probably doesn't work, but it's as close as you'll get.
>>
File: sages.jpg (398KB, 1875x523px) Image search: [Google]
sages.jpg
398KB, 1875x523px
Bump before bed with a cycle I just whipped up. Picture them in a set with a heavy cantrip/cycling theme. I had an idea for a set where every color had the option to custom tailor their hands through means that are as in-color as possible, and there is a "knowledge" subtheme where even colors like red and green value such; the colors differ on how exactly to employ/utilize it. Will I actually make this set? Not likely. But I felt the cycle needed context, so I thought some up. Some are better than others, but such is the tendency of cycles like this. Hopefully I didn't do too badly.
>>
>>52664439
Oops, imagine Pureclaim Sage says "destroy" not "exile". Though we did get exile at 1W, it seems a bit too good to repeat every turn for free.
>>
>>52664439
All far too strong for an ability that occurs at least once, if not several times per turn. Even if it only limited once per turn; too strong. Maybe if they weren't 2/2's, but they still have ridiculous effects.
>>
File: Banned by the DCI.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Banned by the DCI.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52661721
Doesn't really work for triggers.

Contaminated Bond
>Whenever each creature attacks or blocks, its controller loses 3 life.

Gift of Immortality
>When each creature dies, return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control.

Characteristic checks don't really work either.

Gift of the Deity
>As long as each creature is green, it gets +1/+1 and all creatures able to block it do so.

Aerial Modification
>As long as each permanent is a Vehicle, it's a creature in addition to its other types.

And there are a ton of weird interactions with specific cards.

Animate Dead.
>Return each creature card to the battlefield under your control and attach Animate Dead to it.

Infinite Reflections
>Nontoken creatures you control enter the battlefield as a copy of each creature.

You could theoretically make it work by coping incoming auras and using some kind of counters to trigger a sac effect when the original aura leaves, but it would be like Ice Cauldron font size levels of convoluted.
>>
>>52661626
>Future Guy
I know you didn't say that, that was just me.

>>52664439
Agreed with the other guy, they're all way too cheap. Cool idea though.
>>
File: Bane Venom User.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bane Venom User.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Haven't really done Bane much. Decided to really simplify it this time. Hopefully it's not too powerful.
>>
>>52664599
>>52667119
A cost adjustment then. I kinda figured; I don't usually push cards like this but I have it a shot. My question is: do I go to 2CC or 4C? I guess it'd depend on the set/environment huh.

>>5266721
I like what he does I'm just not sure about him buffing other creatures. Mostly for thematic reasons but possibly for balance as well. The discard equaling his change from genius to meathead is great though.
>>
>Harley
Previous idea was a fixed 2 damage to the player, or to a creature or planeswalker that player controls. Want to see if I can make it scale with power, though I understand if that's too pushed. Oh, and Joker forces discard on combat damage, so she benefits from having him around.

>>52669097
Considering that you said the idea is that the cards would be in a set with a lot of drawing, 4C is probably for the best.

>Bane
Thanks! Yeah, might just change the pump to only affect Bane. Might be able to make the pump a bit better in that case too.
>>
File: Harley Quinn6.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Harley Quinn6.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>52669254
And I forgot to post the card, of course.
>>
File: Victor Zsasz.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Victor Zsasz.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
Anyone else here? Anyway, Zsasz. Just a crazy guy who kills people. No real gimmick, other than cutting tallies into himself whenever he kills someone. Unsure of how to really incorporate that, so I decided to make him a win-con based on an earlier idea I had.
>>
File: Changes.jpg (435KB, 1500x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Changes.jpg
435KB, 1500x1046px
>>52654367
No most cards can only directly attack but certain cards and keywords permit unit attacking. I intend to make them collectively as common as say Trample or Haste. My game is significantly less of a knock off than say Hex.

>>52651421
Thanks those sound great! Especially Insatiable that's exactly what I was looking for haha.
I made a change to the numbers, made them white and added a boarder. I think they look way better
>>
>>52664439

These might be defensible if you added the clause "if it isn't your first time drawing a card this turn" or however its templated (and there is templating for this I just can't be assed to find it, sorry). As is, these are ridiculously powerful.
>>
>>52645801
Earth has memory issues.

Appropriate.
>>
>>52673555
Also a possibility. Would to rather see that or a bump to cost 4C?
>>
File: Gotham Gargoyle2.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gotham Gargoyle2.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
So, not only does Batman perch on top of gargoyles, he hides supplies in them too. This is supposed to represent that. Kinda unsure on the costs though.
>>
Is there a gallery, that shows _all_ the different frames Magic has used?
I mean there are at least five (UNH, UNG, ZEN, BFZ, AKH) different frames for full-art basics alone that I'm aware of. Those aren't even as obscure as black-on-black PWs...
>>
>>52678624
http://mtg.gamepedia.com/Card_frame

It was the first result when I googled "mtg card frames". Just sayin'.
>>
File: download.jpg (1MB, 1875x1569px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
1MB, 1875x1569px
I'm testing out some more keywords and switching bushido to something else.
>>
>>52679041
>Remorse
Downside-only keywords generally aren't well-received. Boring ones, like "sometimes this creature doesn't untap," are even less well-received. I'm sorry, but I just can't see where that keyword would ever result in fun or interesting gameplay.
>>
>>52678772
>reads post specifically asking for _all_ frames
>posts link without a word of black-on-black PWs and no full-art basics pics
>ends on a passive-aggressive "Just sayin'."

Look man, I see you're trying to help, which I respect, but don't be a dick about shit when you're the one failing at reading.
>>
>>52656118
i would make a lower cc cost.

>>52655877
i am not sure the wording is correct. i think it should be " lose X, and can't gain X this turn".
>>
File: Luminous Celebrant.png (221KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Luminous Celebrant.png
221KB, 375x523px
>>52676995
I'd give it reach since it sits on tall buildings, if you're going to make it a creature. Otherwise, I'd not make it a creature and just make it a noncreature artifact Banisher Priest. Costs are probably fine if you want it to keep Flash, but it is a little odd.

>>52679041
I agree that Remorse doesn't feel like it'd play well. If you want to have something like that take a look at exert in the upcoming set. If you must have Remorse as a thing, consider perhaps making it a reverse Lifelink where if the creature dies, its controller gains life equal to your creature's power. Still a drawback but it lets you push creatures that have it and play around with effects that punish lifegain and that kind of thing. I dunno, I'm tired.

Rebranding Bushido is something I hope they do soon.
>>
>>52679903
Best I can do. Deal with it.
>>
>>52679041
>Remorse
Absolutely awful. But why you even wanted to make a downside keyword in the first place is beyond me.

>Chivalry
Why? I mean, sure, rename Bushido. But one of the biggest reasons for renaming it is to choose a different name that is more flavor-neutral. So why did you choose one that's basically Bushido for Knights?

>Absolute Territory
Tapping enchantment? Odd. Anyway, not a fan of the card. I'd rather it just look at the number of lands you control. Maybe 20?

>Djinn of the Thundercloud
>Lonely Walker
This kind of loner mechanic was tried in Avacyn Restored and, according to Maro, was the least popular mechanic of the set, scoring lower than even Fateful Hour.

>Lord of Valor
>Nibena
This is exactly what I was talking about with Chivalry. It makes perfect sense for Knights to have it. But Monks? Not so much. If you can find a name that works absolutely fine for both Knights and Samurai, I think you're on the right track.

>Poison-Stable Shepherd
I just want to point out that you made a 1/2 Deathtouch creature for 1G with a downside when there already exist cards with the same stats but no downside for G, and at 1G they get more upsides. I'm saying its strictly worse than a lot of things.

>Seeker of Hidden Truths
Interesting idea. But the number of cards seems too high, both for digging through the library, and for the damage you'll take. Also, what happens to the revealed cards? Tuck, graveyard, exile?
>>
File: download.jpg (1MB, 1875x2092px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
1MB, 1875x2092px
More commons. Figured I'd get blue out of the way because I knew that would be the hardest to design cards for given the flavor.
>>
>>52679041
>Eye of the Eternities
"Each player chooses a creature. Return all other creatures to their owners' hands" seems to fit more
>>
File: Dressed.png (247KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dressed.png
247KB, 375x523px
>>
File: phyerexian_final2.png (576KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
phyerexian_final2.png
576KB, 375x523px
corrected version
>>
File: Jormungand the Midgard Serpent.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Jormungand the Midgard Serpent.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
Starting a set from the top is never a good idea, but it's always a start.
>>
File: Fenrir the Scourge of Gods.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fenrir the Scourge of Gods.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>52687645
>>
File: Odin the Allfather.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Odin the Allfather.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>52687788
It not targeting is not a mistake. Gungnir never misses.
>>
>>52687788
3 mana 7/7 with defender seems fair to you?
ignore everything else and that is already pretty busted.
>>
>>52688185
As a Mythic in a Limited-only Top-Down set with (planned) good removal? It's fine.
>>
>>52688236
...That being said, might change the numbers with time, especially the Monstrosity number.
>>
File: Loki the Deciever.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Loki the Deciever.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>52687939
It's a pain to find good Loki images.

Also I'm not even sure if he does too much or too little.
>>
File: Thor God of Thunder.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Thor God of Thunder.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>52688423
>>
File: Surtur Guardian of Múspell.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Surtur Guardian of Múspell.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>52688566
Thor was changed to only deal to Players.
>>
File: Hel the badly named.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hel the badly named.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>52688902
>>
File: Loki the Deceiver.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Loki the Deceiver.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>52688423
Doesn't work, you're trying to do too much. Also, legendary Clone variants need to say they're still legendary and keep their original name. Here's a simplified version with SMT art. Because.
>>
File: Loki the Deciever.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Loki the Deciever.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>52689565
Thanks mate. Will run with this for now, until maybe I get some idea how to improve it.

Feedback is obviously the reason i post these here.
>>
>>52646735
>Not Urabrask the Revealed
>>
File: Mara the Penetrator.jpg (54KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mara the Penetrator.jpg
54KB, 375x523px
>>52687645
Why the Futuresight frame? Anyway, as for wording, you should write out "three" instead of using "3" here. Anything physical should have the number written out. Tokens, cards, counters, etc. Numerals are used for nonphysical things, like life total, P/T, etc. There should be a space between the colon and the ability, in this case Monstrosity. Last ability should be
>As long as ~ is monstrous, all lands are Islands.
Though it would be a lot more balanced if instead it said
>[...] each land is an Island in addition to its other types.
Also, Islandwalk? Landwalk is dead. And why put two evasion abilities on top of each other like that?

>>52687788
Seems incredibly busted to me. But I'm not that good at balance, so most of my commentary is just going to be for wording.
>Defender
>4RG: Monstrosity 3.
>As long as ~ is monstrous, it loses defender and gains trample and "~ must be blocked by exactly one creature if able."
Not exactly the same, I know, but I'm trying to streamline it as much as possible.

I'll do more in a bit, gotta go eat dinner.
>>
>>52689902
I like the frame.

I'm gonna defend Jormungand. You invested 18 mana, I thing the effect is appropriate.

The more I think the more I'm concerned about Fenrir. Gonna bump up CMC to 4 and Monstrosity to 7 for now.
>>
File: Heimdall Watchman of Asgard.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Heimdall Watchman of Asgard.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
This is gonna be a cube someday.
>>
File: Satan the Fallen.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Satan the Fallen.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>52688566
Wording is fine. Not really sure why all your Gods are anthem effects though.

>>52688902
You need to capitalize "giant" in "non-giant" here, as all subtypes are capitalized.

>>52689155
>Hel, Underworld Ruler/Queen
>Hel, Goddess of Death
Try those. Anyway, wording seems fine.

>>52690035
I'd make it
>you may exile target creature an opponent controls
But that's just me.
>>
File: Gotham Gargoyle6.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gotham Gargoyle6.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Another go at this card. Is 5 good enough for a slow tutor? Should it be rare? Oh, and the idea is that the Gargoyle isn't really alive, it's like a Wall. But I liked the idea of messing with it and making it more like a normal creature, since it would kinda show magic seeping into this otherwise mundane object.
>>
File: Roy Harper Arsenal2.jpg (61KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Roy Harper Arsenal2.jpg
61KB, 375x523px
Bump. Anyone else here?
>>
File: Awakened Goblin.jpg (29KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Awakened Goblin.jpg
29KB, 375x523px
Just made my first few cards, so they might be garbage. I like the old format of the cards, so I'm using that.
>>
File: Spirit of Vengeance.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit of Vengeance.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>52694888
>>
File: Lurking Danger.jpg (28KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lurking Danger.jpg
28KB, 375x523px
>>52694909
>>
File: Bune the Buried Truth.jpg (34KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bune the Buried Truth.jpg
34KB, 375x523px
>>52694921
>>
File: Unexpected Threat.jpg (25KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Unexpected Threat.jpg
25KB, 375x523px
>>52694943
Last one so far.
>>
File: Natasha Knight Nocturna.jpg (56KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Natasha Knight Nocturna.jpg
56KB, 375x523px
Nocturna, old Batman villain. Sometimes a Vampire, sometimes not. Decided to use the Werewolf trigger since it's used to represent night, which is something Nocturna is obsessed with. Money is another, hence making gold.

>>52694888
Going by Sigiled Skink, I think you could make this a 2/2.

>>52694909
Eh, kinda hard to balance, but I think you could just make it all creatures, not just the ones you controlled.

>>52694921
Seems super oppressive, not a fan. Anyway, I think better wording would be
>At the beginning of each player's end step, if that player controls exactly one creature, destroy that creature.

>>52694943
Can't really tell if this is balanced or not, sorry. Anyway, second ability should be
>If a card would be put into your graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.

>>52694967
Dunno on balance, but probably shouldn't be common. Seems interesting for a token deck. Anyway, for wording, maybe
>Each attacking 1/1 creature gets +4/+4 until end of turn.
>>
>>52695253
Yeah, I figured the wording was pretty awkward. Thanks for the feedback. I'm planning to make a set of unusual cards, so balancing is probably going to be my biggest issue.
>>
File: Psychic Lash.png (265KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Psychic Lash.png
265KB, 375x523px
>>52695253
I never really understood the Werewolf trigger. Is it supposed to mean that since no spells are being cast, everyone is sleeping? It's just a bit strange to me. I mean I can't really think of a better way to represent it but it always came off as a bit odd.

I'm having trouble gauging her, honestly. It feels like she'd be too good in a Voltron EDH deck, because one you get set up, you grab her from your command zone, then just stack a ton of shit on her you already have and then go to town every turn. Also, the ramp aspect is a bit out of character for UB, I think. I know B makes Gold tokens, but in this format it's hard ramp and it just feels out of place, since U only ramps into colorless mana for artifacts and stuff, and black usually only cares about Swamps and Swamp accessories.

I wasn't sure if I should word this card like Blast of Genius or not, so I did it to be on the safe side, since the order of operations seems to be the same.
>>
File: Einherjar.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Einherjar.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>52690035
>>
File: Einherjar2.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Einherjar2.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>52698213
I'm not sure actually.
>>
File: Gullinbursti the Golden Boar.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gullinbursti the Golden Boar.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>52698232
Imma try succeding where Kamigawa Failed.

Just a little tho.
>>
File: North-Sea Kraken.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
North-Sea Kraken.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>52698392
Finishing-up the cycle of Rare 6-drops.
>>
>>52698477
>>
File: Odins servant.jpg (33KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Odins servant.jpg
33KB, 375x523px
>>52698587
>>
File: Troll Hermit.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Hermit.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>52698683
>>
>>52698859
Wouldn't kill you to at least try giving feedback to others.
>>
File: no-name.jpg (33KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
no-name.jpg
33KB, 375x523px
Name needed. Contemplating ETB.

>>52698085
This seems far too expensive if you ask me. With that kind of colour investment at the very leas 1 X is completely fine.

>>52694888
Seconding the 2/2 argument.
>>
File: 1467132801401.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1467132801401.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>52664439
green one combos with azamit
>>
>>52699085
perhaps something like Vengeful ancestor or
Drove of the persecuted?
How do you want to flavor it, a single spirit that avenges its tribe mates, or a growing horde of angry dead elves?
Also some typos
>elf
>Looses
so correct templating would be
>Whenever an Elf dies, each opponent loses 1 life, and you gain 1 life.

Nowadays, these effect are more often asymettrical, a more usual effect would be

>Whenever an Elf you control dies, each opponent loses 1 life, and you gain 1 life.
>>
File: Shaman of seasons past.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Shaman of seasons past.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>52699782
That got an overhaul, but still thanks for the feedback.

I'm afraid it's a little too good at 3 now and maybe should be bumped up to 4.
>>
File: Troll Hermit.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Hermit.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>52699823
Not the only one overhauled.
>>
File: Valkyrie of the passing.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Valkyrie of the passing.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>52699840
The UR now is just Winterflame, at least for now.

Incorporating reprints that fit. Counterspell, Lightning Strike, Elvish Mystic and Terror are all at common. The last one helps counteract 2 regenerating trolls at uncommon.
>>
File: 227.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
227.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>52699823
Cool, fitting name. (wizards would use Camel Case, Shaman of Seasons Past)
>>52698232 is really cool, very splashy, but if kinda feels like it wants to be a rare legendary creature.
How does templating it battlecry with newlines look btw? It might look very cool, and convey the "three"ness better.
Kinda like pic related (even though that one was done for rules purposes)
so:
>Battle cry,
>Battle cry,
>Battle cry.
at uncommon perhaps include the reminder text as follows
>(Whenever ~ attacks, other attacking creatures get +1/+0 until end of turn, repeat this process two more times)
>>
>>52698213
>>52698232
Cunning Breezedancer doesn't have "Prowess, prowess". I think it should be written out entirely.
>Whenever ~ attacks, each other attacking creature gets +N/+0 until end of turn.

>>52698392
You can use @ for the shortened name of legendaries, though in most cases it should be used only after the full name has been used once. Anyway, last ability should probably be changed to
>attacks each combat if able.
Since that's how Wizards likes doing it now.

>>52698477
Wording is fine.

>>52698587
2 life? That's it?

>>52698683
Wow, you must be new to Magic. That art's in use on one of the most powerful creatures ever, Storm Crow. Also, you know the birds had names, right?

>>52698859
Flash and Hexproof belong on different lines, with Flash coming first. The reason why is because they function differently. Flash determines when a card can be cast, Hexproof affects what happens to the card after it's already entered the battlefield.

>>52699823
Really strange to see that ability in BG, it's way more WB.

>>52699861
I forgot to mention this earlier, but you need to capitalize card names the same way you do titles. In this case, "passing" should begin with a capital letter.
>When ~ enters the battlefield, return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
Cards in graveyards are referred to as such. Also, keywords like Flying should come before ETB abilities.

>>52699935
As much as I dislike multiple instances of Battle Cry, I think having them on separate lines is even worse.
>>
File: Ulfsark.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ulfsark.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>52699993
>You must be new to magic
It was a joke. Moreover, the two named ones are represented by the two tokens Odin creates on ETB.

Only 2 life- I'm not sure at all how much it should be. I'm afraid it would be too broken in limited while gaining more life with that easy cast-from-grave trigger.

Also I'm almost positive there exists a card with two consecutive instancese of a keyword.
>>
>>52698085
I'm pretty sure it's meant to represent night, with everything being quiet.

Well, she loved riches, so I'd really like to use Gold tokens. Or maybe some sort of artifact interactions, I suppose that could work too.

>card
Interesting. As for wording, I don't think you really need Blast of Genius's specific wording, since it's likely done that way to make it clear that players choose targets before they draw their cards. Otherwise, people might try to draw the cards and then choose the target, since they'll have a better idea of what they can kill. Like, if all you have in your hand are lands and 1-drops, you'd probably choose one of the smaller creatures. But you don't know if you are about to draw some huge 8-drop that can kill the biggest thing the opponent has.
>>
>>52700064
>It was a joke.
Fooled me.

>Also I'm almost positive there exists a card with two consecutive instancese of a keyword.
Maelstrom Wanderer. But again, Cunning Breezedancer.
>>
File: 24351345.jpg (2MB, 2250x1056px) Image search: [Google]
24351345.jpg
2MB, 2250x1056px
>>
File: dontstopbelieving.jpg (927KB, 1000x3500px) Image search: [Google]
dontstopbelieving.jpg
927KB, 1000x3500px
>>
>>52700557
>Bulrond
>Sorgos
Boring, might as well be artifacts.

>Ral
Eh, better. Not a huge fan though.

>>52701200
I still feel like these should do more. Wait, why does the Blue one give you any color mana, and the rest are C? Anyway, you should probably redo the Blue land so it doesn't target, otherwise that means it's not actually a mana ability.
>>
File: Coastal Raider.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Coastal Raider.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
This card seems somewhat confused flavor-wise.
>>
File: Arctic Seagull.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Arctic Seagull.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>52702019
...but it's also part of the cycle.

Guess which reprint started this cycle. Hint: It's green.
>>
File: Sadistic Viking.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sadistic Viking.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>52702040
Name for this one is still a WIP.
>>
>>52702040
sunblade elf?
>>
File: Journey to Worlds Edge.jpg (77KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Journey to Worlds Edge.jpg
77KB, 752x523px
>>52701651
Would them triggering land fall be a fine addition without bumping them to uncommon?
>>
File: Bear-Hide Berserker.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bear-Hide Berserker.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>52702350
Nope. Older, more powerful, colourshifted.
>>
File: Pegleg.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Pegleg.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Hedge Troll.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hedge Troll.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>52702671
And the winner-reprint is...
>>
>>52702671
Hedge Troll
>>
>>52702590
Dunno, sorry.
>>
File: Deepwood Troll.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Deepwood Troll.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>52700557
I must say I really like the idea behind Sorgos.
>>52702590
I'd say they're fine at common power-levelwise, however I'd say they're pushing it hard in NWO terms.

Have a basic common for a change.
>>
File: commonships.jpg (209KB, 1125x523px) Image search: [Google]
commonships.jpg
209KB, 1125x523px
>>
>>52703090

The dreadnaught seems kinda shit. Vigilance matters very little on vehicles as crew is 'Until end of turn'
>>
>>52701200
WUBR don't get land ramp.
>>
File: Call of the Pack.jpg (34KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Call of the Pack.jpg
34KB, 375x523px
>>52702814
>>
>>52703737
You need to specify the tokens' colors, my dude.
>>
File: Tracker of the Wild Hunt.jpg (31KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tracker of the Wild Hunt.jpg
31KB, 375x523px
>>52703737
Name retroactively changed to "Call of the Wild Hunt".

It's not hard to guess which Mythic just got in.
>>
File: Alpha of the Wild Hunt.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha of the Wild Hunt.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>52704211
>>
File: Elder of the Wild Hunt.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Elder of the Wild Hunt.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>52704307
>>
File: Nidghogg Gnawer of the Roots.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Nidghogg Gnawer of the Roots.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>52704543
>>
>>52705430
>>
File: Tanngrisnir the Snarling Goat.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tanngrisnir the Snarling Goat.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>52706140

>>52703090
They all seem fine if you ask me. Vigilance is still nice on vechicles because you can activate on your turn.
>>
File: Bountiful Lands.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bountiful Lands.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>52706168
>>
Yawgmoth's Return
Mana Cost: 6BBB
Type: Sorcery
Effect of card: Until of end turn you may play cards in your graveyard without paying their mana cost. If a card would be put into your graveyard this turn, remove that card from the game instead.
>>
>>52709124
Is this worded correctly?
>>
File: Image.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>52709124
This pretty much already exists, except for the free part.
And the not-free version is already OP as fuck and banned in pretty much every format, so even if you wanted to make a version that's more mana up front, it'd probably be just as OP if not more because of it being a flat cost instead of having to pay for everything separate.
>>
File: Bane Venom User2.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bane Venom User2.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52706140
>>52706168
>not giving them Partner
>>
>>52701200
>>52703090
These are fantastic! love the set symbol.
>>
Does anyone know of a good material to replace cardboard as TCG stock, I was thinking plastic but im not sure how foiling would work.
>>
File: Link the Hero of Courage.jpg (60KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Link the Hero of Courage.jpg
60KB, 375x523px
I've never played mtg.

Is it shit? Overpowered? I have no idea.
>>
>>52714718
Seems fine if you ask me.
>>
File: Ratatoskr Yggdrasil Messenger.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ratatoskr Yggdrasil Messenger.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>52707483
Not sure if should be 2G instead.

>>52714718
Would be fine as a Theros rare I think.
>>
File: Covetous Initiate.png (211KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Covetous Initiate.png
211KB, 375x523px
>>52714718
I dunno, I think maybe it should be 3/3 but green's gotten super resilient 4/4s for 4 before.

>>52710611
I'd say this version is perfect.

>>52704307
>>52704543
Resurrecting intimidate? Fine by me since I dunno if green will get Menace at all due to having the exact opposite ability. I'm guessing you're doing a set? I'd advise you to utilize Photojoiner and stitch a bunch of stuff together instead of single-posting like that. It's just neater and doesn't eat so many posts. I know it's not that busy around here but still.

>>52715680
An uncommon legend? Is this Kamigawa 2.0? I mean it seems fine otherwise, it's just a bit odd.

Meanwhile, still searching for that elusive UB keyword. I think this is actually better than the "as long as you have more cards in hand" thing I was futzing with earlier, because it encourages you to play the game without forcing recklessness like Hellbent would. I feel like "jealousy" is a theme blue and black can share that hasn't popped up too often. It also feels a bit like Dethrone which blue got quite a bit of, so there's a bit of precedent between that and Prowess for it getting more aggressive keywords nowadays. I also considered changing it so it only activates when the creature attacks but I decided to try it out this way first.
>>
>>52684536
don't like how cu4 is strictly worse than a card of the same rarity
Cu6 intended to bounce itself? cause that is downright broken
>>
>>52715843
>Bane
Thanks.

>UB keyword
It's hard. Envious is kinda interesting, feels a bit weak though. As for me, I think the Slith ability ("Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it.") could work, if only to combo with UB's love of evasion.

And what you said jealousy is interesting, since UB has many ways to use cards its opponents have, like Memory Plunder.
>>
File: more stuff.jpg (572KB, 1550x1080px) Image search: [Google]
more stuff.jpg
572KB, 1550x1080px
>>52715843
Well then, here's some new stuff as well as some reprints.

Yes there is a legendary theme, but is's a far weaker one than in Kamigawa (the new legend rule makes it far more bearable anyways). Also there will be one common legend in white.
>>
File: 1 Red Uncommons First Draft.jpg (880KB, 2250x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1 Red Uncommons First Draft.jpg
880KB, 2250x1046px
Alright, I finished up the first draft of red uncommons for my set. Let me know what you think!
>>
>>52717140
Why use that weird card style?
Are you one of the couple dozen people that liked it?
>>
>>52717148
What is the set themed after?
>>
>>52717276
It's the second set in a desert/Egypt themed block I began working on before Wizards announced Amonkhet. It's enemy color focused with mechanical themes rewarding spending large amounts of mana.
>>
>>52717309
Sounds more interesting than Amonkhet desu, I am not a big fan of the floating monoliths and pyramids, it bothers my autism.
>>
>>52717429
The first set is in the pastebin if you're interested, man.
>>
>>52717463
how do i view these files?
>>
>>52717670
Open the files with MSE. Magic Set Editor.
>>
>>52717148
>Snapfire
You have to specify "...by spells or abilities" to prevent problems with targetting spells.
>Inspiring Recruiter
Shouldn't this be 5 or more mana on a spell or ability? Else casting a 2cmc and then a 3cmc might count. I don't have any of your older cards on hand but the wording was different there.
>Trickster
Solid.
>Flamewake
I was going to complain that this is a bitch to play around, bet then so is Fireball.
>Seer's Haze
I love it. A bit hard to fully utilize for X=4 since you'll have to play lands to get there.
>Cleansing Flames
Serves its purpose as 5cost enabler. Can't say more than that.
>Rebel's Ploy
So is ambush a triggered ability now? Does that work with cards in hand? I prefer the play-as-though-it-had-flash-during-combat version.
>Final Stand
I feel like the ability could be 1 cheaper. It's weird seeing a defensive RW card, but I guess that's not necessarily bad.
>>
>>52717798
This makes me sad, your set is nearly everything I would want in an Egyptian themed set.
Screw wizards im making my own TCG.
>>
File: CM01 Ahralian Soulstoker.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
CM01 Ahralian Soulstoker.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>52718034
>Snapfire
I'll change that.
>Inspiring Recruiter
You're right, I left off part of the wording there, thanks.
>Ambush
The combat flash was a bit too much of just a downgrade from regular flash. So, I made a change. It also works differently on creatures than noncreatures now. Pic related.
>Does that work?
It should work like any other ability which instructs or allows you to cast a spell after a specific trigger.

Thanks for the feedback, anon!
>>52718217
Well, thanks for the compliment, man! I'm glad you like it.
>>
File: Frenzied Buccaneer.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Frenzied Buccaneer.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52718699
Your take on Rampage? A 3/1 with an upside for 1R at common seems like a bit too much to me. Even with the "attacks each turn" bit. What's your set's power level?
>>
>>52718670
Make a mini set based on Islam or fake equivalent taking over.
>>
>>52718756
aiming for a original innistrad or RTR style power level

and it's a rename bushido
>>
>>52612443
Hackers tag should let you see the card as well
for flavor reasons. But it could get to wordy at that point.
>>
File: Auxiliary Interceptor.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Auxiliary Interceptor.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>52718816
>>52718756
Maybe a 2/2 would be better then.
>>
>>52718973
>Parry

Wait, isn't that literally Bushido?
>>
>>52718997
Yes.
>>
>>52718781
That's basically already the conflict--factions warring for control. The red-colored factions incorporate djinni, efreeti, and other elements of Islamic mythology, while the green-colored factions incorporate elements of Egyptian mythology. There are elements from other ancient cultures mixed in as well.
>>52718973
While the last seemed undercosted, this feels a bit lackluster. Or maybe I'm just not valuing bushido highly enough.
>>
>>52719108
When do the Crusaders enter the story?
>>
>>52719316
No crusaders, sadly. I'm drawing cues from earlier points in history.
>>
>>52718699
This art is kinda rapey for a Magic card. More so than Triumph of Ferocity.
>>
>>52719068
>>52718699
>>52718973
Why don't you just use bushido?
>>
>>52719702
Probably because it's a Japanese word for the samurai code of honor and has no business being on a pirate-themed world?
>>
>>52719668
>Triumph of Ferocity art was rapey
This needs to stop.
I hate everyone that said and/or still says this.
It was not "rapey", that's just the SJWs / third wave feminists projecting their shit into more hobbies that they don't even get involved in. They just complain for the sake of complaining.
Same with video games. They complain about every little thing when they don't even play any themselves, and they refuse to make their own to appease themselves.
>>
>>52718670
>It should work like any other ability which instructs or allows you to cast a spell after a specific trigger.
So whenever a creature attacks there's an awkward pause because you have to decide whether you want to reveal the card? That just gives it away immediately in actual gameplay. It also makes it basically sorcery speed when you're using it on your own turn since the information is available when the opponent decides on blocks. This could be somewhat remedied by also allowing a trigger when a creature blocks, but then the creatures with ambush get a free unblockable attack. Hence my preference for conditional flash even though using keywords to define keywords is not exactly desirable.
>>
>>52719842
>art is completely unsubjective
lolno
I don't agree with some peoples' interpretation of Triumph of Ferocity as rapey, but I can definitely see how they arrived there. There were plenty of ways to show Garruk and Liliana in the middle of a fight, with Garruk having a momentary advantage, WITHOUT also bringing in some elements that are definitely evocative of a sexual power imbalance.

>but Liliana's readying a fireball in her off hand
So she is, but the rest of the composition still has sexual undertones.
>>
>>52719959
>any art of any person holding someone else down in a chokehold is automatically sexual
>>
>>52718973
that's bushido. i am fine with you renaming it.

but holy fuck i've played kamigawa's samurai decks and i can tell you it's the most boring mechanic ever and it's not inventive enough as a flavor for pirates.

that card having flash it's a bit spicy, but it honestly feels slightly underpowered.
it's probably not ok to have it as a common if you intend your set to be drafted, uncommon it's a good spot.
>>
>>52720027
Was the art intended to be sexual? No.

Is Garruk about to rape Liliana? No.

Are there elements evocative of sexual abuse? Yes. A huge muscular man is holding a woman down in a chokehold. His forward knee is in between her legs. He looks angry. She looks scared and also angry. If you don't see the undertones there, congratulations! You've never been in a similar situation. That doesn't mean you're seeing the art "right" and everyone else is seeing it "wrong". Art is subjective.
>>
>>52720125
she also does look like she's about to throw a fireball on his fucking face.

he definitely does not look like he's up for sexual abuse. he looks like he's about to split her brain in half and paint red the rock nearby.

furthermore men can have sex between each other too. should all the depictions of men wrestling each other or with one holding a weapon at the other be considered " evocative of sexual abuse"?

i would say only in an exclusively subjective and stupid interpretation of the artwork.
>>
File: challenge.jpg (375KB, 1550x1080px) Image search: [Google]
challenge.jpg
375KB, 1550x1080px
Challenge:
Create a common legendary creature for theme's sake.
Open to suggestions.

Here's what I've now.
>>
>>52720125
>Are there elements evocative of sexual abuse? Yes.
>That doesn't mean you're seeing the art "right" and everyone else is seeing it "wrong". Art is subjective.
The amount of projection here is disturbing. Do not confuse your subjective interpretation of art with objective truth.
>>
>>52720209
Not in theme, but I just had an idea.
>Renown X (When this creature deals combat damage to a player, if it isn't renowned, put X +1/+1 counters on it and it becomes renowned, where X is the amount of damage it dealt to that player.)
>As long as ~ is renowned, it's legendary.
>>
>>52720209
flavor wise it could be not a single named hero, but rather a member of a legendary race o legion of times long past.

gameplay wise i think it should play around you having only one on the field, being legendary, but having easy acess to multiple copies. For example it could search copies of itself from the library.
>>
File: 164 (1).jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
164 (1).jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>52720125
You're right, I bet the demon in pic attached is seconds away from getting raped by that dragon.
>>
File: pjimage.jpg (385KB, 1550x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pjimage.jpg
385KB, 1550x1080px
>>52720560
I like the way you think, sadly there's no place for Renown in the set.
>>52720623
Flavorwise it's something like that at the moment.
Gameplay wise that seems a little too much for a common. It's already legendary, searching more and having such a peculiar ability would be quite a lot.
>>52720653
Now that you said it, I think you might be on to something.

Concerning pic related, are those not too good by any chance?

Also a kingdom for a fitting golden-maned horse art.
>>
NT: >>52720855
>>
>>52720066
>>52720066
Fair point. Does this feel more piratey?

Bonus removal.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 145

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.