[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>one of my players attempting to become fastest being in existence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 40

File: question girl.jpg (393KB, 950x720px) Image search: [Google]
question girl.jpg
393KB, 950x720px
>one of my players attempting to become fastest being in existence
>already hit 250 f/s, meaning they can outrun most arrows
>Their final speed maximum is projected to be nearly 600 f/s

How do I counter this?
>>
>>52600922
System?
>>
>>52600922
Spike strips.
>>
>>52600929
5e
>>
>>52600922
Marbles, the grease spell or giant awakened gorillas.
>>
File: Image.png (213KB, 804x869px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
213KB, 804x869px
>>52600922
Fast you say...

Really, just blare the pic related music in your player's ear until they give up. Also """"Girl""""
>>
>>52600922
Nefarious traps
An edgehog
>>
>>52600922
>ONE of my players
>THEIR final speed

Their refers to a singular entity, please choose one of the two available pronouns
>>
>>52600922
Have him job to psychic gorillas, a dude who spams mirror image, wizards with lightningbolt and an incredibly jealous man from the future
>>
>>52600922
>girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9XcDKNoZ1g
>>
>>52600922
Introduce Dr Ovum
>>
start factoring in air resistance and friction.

or introduce underwater combat.
>>
>>52600922
>player has hit 250 f/s
jesus christ how horrifying
>>
>>52600922
Landmines.

An angry wizard.

Divine intervention.

Or some unholy combination of the above.
>>
dangerous terrain.
>>
File: grammarindian.jpg (50KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
grammarindian.jpg
50KB, 375x500px
>>52600979
well look at you being all prescriptivist. it turns out in the 21st century english is spoken by a great many people who understand "their" as a gender non-specific singular pronoun. you may not like it, but it's so. that clock can't be turned back, and this is the internet, not a grade school paper in english.

deal.
>>
Give him a nemesis who is trying to do the same thing (make him like the reverse flash to his flash) and absoloutely fucking hates him, to the point where he will find him on campaigns and fuck with him, trying to prove he is the fastest man in the realm.
>>
>>52600922
Force Wall.

Have fun hitting a wall (you can't see) with about 2,700N of force my maths may be off, possibly by a lot, I did the math on the fly..
>>
>>52600979
Their as a third person singular sexless posessive pronoun is perfectly acceptable unless you're peak /pol/ or peak autist (but I repeat myself).

But seriously, get your panties out of a knot, it's perfectly fine english you fucking faggot.
>>
>>52600922
In D&D?
Wall of Force. It's translucent, and they'll have a perception penalty for going fast. Treat it as falling damage.
>>
>>52600996
>Landmines able to detonate in a timeframe capable of harming someone moving at greater than 250 f/s

Honestly, I'd *celebrate* this. Have travellers from distant lands approach with a prophecy about the great fastness, a task that can only be accomplished by someone who knows the true meaning of speed, or perhaps a warning about the eldritch beings who will take notice once his velocity begins to match theirs.
>>
>>52600922
>my player has a goal, how I piss all over his face?
>>52601009
>pretending actual gender nonconformity isn't stupidly rare

Shit thread.
>>
Friction?
>>
>>52601047
>thinking there's anything wrong with using sexless third person pronouns
Do you hate the word they?
>>
https://youtu.be/_wdvzFUjoEQ?t=1m9s
>>
Filament wire. Everywhere.
>>
>>52600922
Serious question, why do you want to counter it? Is his movement speed proving unexpectedly powerful or otherwise worrisome, or are you just trying to think up fun challenges designed for someone who can move that fast?

The motives really do matter in terms of answering the question, in this case.
>>
>>52601047

It was fine until you decided to make a big deal out of something innocuous and irrelevant.

Friction, encumbrance, nets. Very small encounter areas.
>>
>>52601075
Those characters sure die easily.
>>
Spike traps. Spike traps everywhere
>>
>>52600922
Plenty have anons have already answered the same way, but to condense it all: traps. And not the kind that your picture depicts.

The more traps are sprinkled in a given area, the more likely someone moving at sanic sped is going to run over them. Make it obvious that they exist, and they'll tone down the gofast for fear of tripping something. That way they still get to keep their stepitup for when they actually want it, while you get to put on the brakes when it benefits you.
>>
>>52600946
How the fuck? Rounds are 6 seconds, and off the top of my head movement speed is probably highest on a wood elf monk with mobile. That would put speed up to 75 after level 18. The dash action doubles speed, but it's not like you can do it multiple times in a round, so that would be 150 a round, or 25 f/s. What the hell is being added here?
>>
File: epilepsy tower.jpg (51KB, 960x338px) Image search: [Google]
epilepsy tower.jpg
51KB, 960x338px
If he touches the ground, he's done.
>>
>>52600922
Anon, arrows in deeandee have no 'speed', they hit their target in the instant they're fired.

>>52601018
Anon, things in deeandee have no inertia. Falling damage is the only place where you take damage from seemingly similar conditions.

Seriously guys, you're like the sperglords who try to major creation some antimatter and expect it to work.

Seriously, this thread gives me autism.
>>
>>52601160
Aarakocra monk with mobile and haste goes faster.
>The dash action doubles speed, but it's not like you can do it multiple times in a round
Monks can dash as a bonus action by spending ki.
>>
>>52601183
>Anon, arrows in deeandee have no 'speed', they hit their target in the instant they're fired.
>Anon, things in deeandee have no inertia. Falling damage is the only place where you take damage from seemingly similar conditions.

You must be the shining light of joy at your table
>>
>>52600922
Allow them to keep increasing their speed through more and more dangerous magic items and rituals, until it approaches infinity and so does their mass, sucking the party into a black hole and starting a new campaign on the other side without them.
>>
>>52601234
Okay, so then with bird man, feat, monk levels, and haste (which I'm assuming is from an ally) that's 90 before haste, then since the way DnD traditionally adds together multipliers between haste, and 2 dashes that would be 90x4 or 360 or 60 f/s
Considering it only gets really good when combining taking no other actions and using a caster's concentration I don't really see why it would need to be specifically addressed. Letting players be a flying race is probably a bigger cause for problems, and he apparently approved that. Any speed over 60 basically means they can avoid most non-ranged enemies anyway
>>
>>52600922
>How do I counter this?
Surely you mean challenge him.
>>
>>52600922
A wall.
>>
>>52600922
hold person.
>>
File: 437.jpg (280KB, 1911x1110px) Image search: [Google]
437.jpg
280KB, 1911x1110px
>>52600922
>player wants to have a nice thing through mastery of the system
>how do I ruin this
You're a cunt. That said, make Professor Zoom to his Flash.
>>
>>52600922
I think you'll find that two can play as this game
>>
>>52601234
>not tabaxi
He won't be the fastest.
>>
>>52601322
The easy answer to this is any locked room that isn't particularly large, but even things like enemies preparing to attack when he gets close rather than trying to move up to him would also do the trick (though if you're doing it before they have any reason to believe he's some hit and run speedster it's kind of bullshit)
>>
File: 1491575908678.jpg (159KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491575908678.jpg
159KB, 960x720px
>>52600922
Speeding fines and speed cameras
>>
>>52600922
Magic Missile
>>
>>52600922
Walls and webs. He doesn't have spider climb after all.
>>
>>52601464
Between being a monk and able to fly unless those walls are connected to a ceiling they aren't doing much
>>
>>52601500
Oh right. Bird person.
>>
>>52601436

>600 f/s
>Roughly 409 mph

Mythbusters Episode 87 demonstrates that a vehicle can travel faster than a speed camera can take a picture at high speeds. Even modified to account for these high speeds, the speed camera used was unable to photograph a car moving 245 mph.

He's roughly 170 mph right now, which might be enough to circumvent the speed camera, but is otherwise edging closer to a speed which will be too fast to track on conventional speed-reading equipment.
>>
>>52600922
In addition to things already mentioned:
- Gelatinous cubes
- Basilisks
- Creatures that can grapple
- Beholders
- trip wires (for actual tripping)
- magical traps
- Bigby's Hand
- Ensnaring Strike
- Entangle
- Evard's Black Tentacles
- Flesh to Stone
- Forcecage
- Imprisonment
- Power Word Stun
- Prismatic Spray
- Symbol of Stunning
- Telekinesis
- Tasha's Hideous Laughter
- Web, obviously.
>>
>creature grapples dude going 1500 mph
>creature is now also going 1500mph
>>
>>52601842
Dude keeps going at 1500mph. His arms don't.
>>
>>52601183
>no inertia on regular movement
>only place it matters is falling.

So set a condition where if the player hits something unexpectedly going at X speed, it works in a similar fashion to fall damage.

For example, if they are moving from point A to point B, but don't see the invisible wall of force, they slam into it, dealing X amount of damage per movement.

For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O1qgl5th1I
>>
>>52600922

That solid fog spell where you can't move more than 5 ft at a time in it. It doesn't matter how fast he is, in the fog his move speed is 5.

Alternatively, have him trigger a custom made Inevitable whenever he goes above X speed, like 400 f/s. The more times he goes above that speed, the better the Inevitable gets a lock on his location.

He won't know he is even triggering the damn thing until, in the middle of the fight, he looks over and there is a silvery automaton running in perfect step with him.

"PULL OVER."
>>
>>52600922
>BBEG gets wind of this
>panics at first
>remembers people have designed stuff to counter fast moving things
>every inch of his place is covered in spikes and caltrops
>>
>>52600922
The World

But no seriously time fuckery seems like an easy hard-counter. Doesn't matter how fast you are if you can't move within the frozen time.
>>
>>52602357
>doesn't matter how fast you are

Well, thats not technically true. If you move fast enough, time dilation would get to a point where time has essentially stopped. I imagine you would be able to move in stopped time, albeit with some difficulty at first.
>>
>>52600922
force exhaustion on them every time they get above a certain speed which only gets removed during a long rest. They will have to think more carefully about WHEN to go fast. Also you could have them age rapidly due to magic when they reach top speed, and must find a magical item that the BBEG or a close henchmen has to slow the aging process, but not stop it.
>>
>>52602329
>Speed Patrol Inevitable
I didn't know I wanted this until you said it.
>>
>>52602372

That's only if time is slowed to a very very slow rate. Aka, time appears frozen but is actually moving at 1/1000th of its normal speed. In that situation, a very fast objective will still appear to move at some noticeable speed.

If time is STOPPED stopped, 0.00% speed? The speedster is likewise frozen as well. Unless you are Barry Allan, because Speedforce is a hell of a drug.
>>
File: 05.jpg (552KB, 1110x1600px) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
552KB, 1110x1600px
let them fulfill dream
>>
>>52602403

The best part is, it gives him a new goal (outrun the Inevitable) but also opens up the question: WHY is there a multiversal law against going too fast?

What are they trying to prevent you from doing?

So it gives you a 'counter' you can bring up whenever his speed would be too hax, but also a personal plotline to explore and overcome as well.
>>
>>52600922
If you just want to stop him there's plenty of solutions on this thread already.

But if you want to make it fun and really surprise him, I support both the idea of having a character challenge him as the fastest creature alive, and the idea of letting him (trough that competition) go so fast that he travels trough time and space.
>>
Why contain it?

Honestly all super fast characters can do to a DM that normal ones can't is get in ranged's faces quicker
>>
>>52602430
>why
The God of Speed's position has been a tedious one at best. Whenever a mortal exceeds the speed that bought the current God of Speed into godhood they immediately ascend and dethrone the current God. This has been the way ever since the first God of Speed ascended running from a sabertooth.

The current God of Speed created the inevitable to hunt down any and all who exceed X Speed to disway them from continuing their development and eventual overthrowing of the current God.
>>
>>52601183
>Anon, arrows in deeandee have no 'speed', they hit their target in the instant they're fired.
FUCKING HITSCAN BULLSHIT
>>
>>52600922
Speed is one thing. If he's moving faster than a fucking car then make him do dex/athletics checks, if he's going so fast that it would cause physical issues then con. There's also the question of how he can breathe, or if he can see without goggles or something to keep the wind from blinding him.

Speed doesn't mean your limbs can actually hold themselves together without some kind of augmentation when just keeping yourself at that speed involves motions that would snap bones and rip limbs apart. If you're going to use bullshit like outrunning arrows because of their speed, then question how their body actually manages to do that. It's not that useful if going all out means you immediately fall over.
>>
Attacks of Opportunity don't care if the creature is moving 5ft/s or 500ft/s. If they pass through a threatened square the creature gets an attack.
>>
>>52603060
it's almost as if DnD is a dungeon-crawl game and not a go-fast simulator
>>
>>52600922
Shit, I shouldn't have lost that tabaxi meme.
>>
>>52600979
Your stupid politics don't trump grammar. They/them/their has been used as a singular pronoun for centuries. Get fucked kiddo.
>>
>>52601258
To that anon's defense you don't want to start calculating how much bonus damage a character moving at 600ft/round should get to his thrown weapons. Sometimes abstractions staying abstractions is a-okay.
>>
>>52603113
OP said f/s, so unless he meant round then it's even worse than that. 409mph PC coming through.
>>
>>52603096
Well "he" is no longer a genderless pronoun, so yeah I am fucked.
>>
It doesn't matter how fast you are when time is stopped
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>52603172
>>
>>52602292
>So set a condition where if the player hits something unexpectedly going at X speed, it works in a similar fashion to fall damage.
So, falling sideways?
>>
>>52603172
or erased
>>
>>52600922
why do you want to shut down what is obviously what is fun for that player? also the easiest counter to a fast moving target would be AOE magic.
>>
>>52603148
>Well "he" is no longer a genderless pronoun, so yeah I am fucked.
>no longer
What.
>>
>>52603232
We're in shitland now boys! The stupidity of the OP has translated so far down the thread that it's summoned morons and trolls that have descended below standard stupidity. Our only hope is to post lewds or start discussing foreign policy.
>>
>>52602796
This. There's absolutely nothing broken about this character. They can run up to ranged opponents fast, and if your being generous (and there is no reason not to be) they can't be hit by arrows that they are running directly away from. Woop dee doo?
>>
>>52600922
Chellenge his speed with obstacle and test his reflex.
>>
>>52603264
What would happen if all those Swiss banks containing foreign money went under?
>>
>>52602430
>>52602907
Running too fast, and you approach the speed of light. Approach the speed of light, and you start to dick around with special relativity in a significant way and therefore causality. That seems like something the gods might want to discourage.
>>
Why do you want to fiat away his build that does nothing but help him get from point A to B faster than normal. Hell, you could accomplish more with a single casting of teleport than he can running for a week straight (haste has a time limit).
>>
>>52603319
The speed of light is about it 983,500,000ft/s. Anon would have to multiply his current build by almost 3,934,000 to get that fast.
>>
>>52603346
In abstract terms, though, special relativity is a totally acceptable reason for why the gods might want to keep an eye on somebody who is clearly insane and fixated on going inhumanly fast.
>>
>>52601234
>Monks can dash as a bonus action by spending ki.
The effect doesn't stack retard. Your players are abusing the rules and you're too pussy to put your foot down.
>>
>>52603319
Why don't gods ban teleport then? A thirteenth level wizard can teleport 1,300 miles in one second. That's 6,864,000ft/s.
>>
>>52603365
Yeah. So when their movement speed hits four digits miles per round call the divine hotline. Until then my wizard is going to be beating every race with teleport.
>>
>>52603393
Jesus Christ, the question was "Why would the gods care about someone going really fast?" Yeah, Anon's character isn't quite fast enough for my idea to apply to him yet, but it's a perfectly good answer to the abstract question posed.

>>52603380
Fuck, man, I don't know. Teleportation seems to me like a different kind of "motion" from physical movement, though: speed requires that you exist at point B when you're moving from point A to point C, but teleportation just skips all possible points C and just boops you to C immediately. In other words, it doesn't involve relativity (or "speed") in the first place, and so has nothing to do with my idea.
>>
>>52600922
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=394360
Make something faster that can use fast as a weapon.
>>
>Hey tee gee my player is a fighter with 20 CON and has like 180 hp at level 10. How do I nerf?
You guys sound like this. So what the player character can move fast. What hell is he going to DO with that speed?
>>
>>52602421
Alright, I don't recognize this particular Sayman, but I'm pretty sure this is gonna get lewd, or feels, possibly both.
>>
>>52603427
I pick up a rock
I run with rock at enemy
During my move as a free action I let go of rock
Rock moves at relativistic speeds and hits enemy
I am already away from the nuclear explosion of D6's this caused.
>>
>>52601183
>Anon, things in deeandee have no inertia. Falling damage is the only place where you take damage from seemingly similar conditions.
Thats wrong. Forced movement into objects usually causes the creature to take damage per distance before being splattered against a wall.
>>
>>52603415
>In other words, it doesn't involve relativity (or "speed") in the first place,
But it still breaks causality. You can send a signal and teleport to a location before it arrives there.
>>
>>52603677

That doesn't break causality anymore than driving to your friends house before the letter you send arrives does.
>>
>>52603677
That doesn't break causality any more than sending a message to yourself does, though. You don't cause time dilation when you teleport.
>>
>>52603677
By our version of physics, yes, but in a world with actual gods and shit observing the world, there's a more objective frame of reference that encompasses both events. Causality doesn't really work the same now.
Also, time may not dilate with near-FTL speeds in D&D.
Also, teleporting isn't FTL, so even if it did, no time dilation.
>>
>>52600922
>How do I counter this?
Read the rules.
>>
>>52603838
Maybe the way you do it you don't.
>>
Piano Wire?

I can't remember which book it's called but it's some Young Adult novel about teenagers stuck in a city cut off by a psychic dome of sorts - and one of them develops a capacity to run exceptionally fast (outrun bullets fast) - another plans to stop them using piano wire (as they'll run so fast through it they'll slice themselves to pieces)
>>
>>52603912
Gone. It was a series.
>>
>>52600922
Any charm ever?
>>
File: 1436667153546.jpg (49KB, 416x600px) Image search: [Google]
1436667153546.jpg
49KB, 416x600px
>>52601043
>the eldritch beings who will take notice once his velocity begins to match theirs

Holy shit that is an awesome idea. As he approaches higher and higher speeds, he begins to notice *things* that are moving even faster than him that wouldn't even be perceivable without him reaching such speeds. As he continues to go faster and faster, the beings seem to slow down and he can make them out better. Problem is, they seem to be taking notice of him too. Even when he's not going super fast, he's noticing strange occurrences around him. Objects suddenly changing location, symbols appearing on the ground (or did he just see them being written?), and whenever he reaches his higher speeds there are more and more of the faster beings around.
>>
>>52603912
It also worked wonders on GIs who didn't understand why they should keep the front windows on.
>>
>>52601234
He can't dash twice even it is bonus, and evenif he could his action his turn will have to be disengage, or he will provoke one opportunity attack from every enemy he crosses in a combat. And if only one connect, he'll stop moving. And that means he can run around doing nothing but wasting enemy reactions, until one hits him.
The quickets thing in the game so far is the Quickling (from Volo's), which has movement 120ft by default, and even it can't avoid this rule.
>>
>>52600922
neck level high tensile strength wire for decapitations
>>
>>52604009
to be honest if it was secured in any serious way piano wire would do serious damage to the windscreen. its crazy what happens when high tension wire snaps. I watched a video of a woman cutting a bow string with a knife. It flayed her fucking face.
>>
>>52601815
>trip wires (for actual tripping)
Oh yeah, those do damage based on how fast you were going don't they. Forgot all about those
>>
>>52604104
>The quickets thing in the game so far is the Quickling (from Volo's), which has movement 120ft by default
Holy shit, is that a playable race? Is there LA in 5E or anything? Any negatives for being one?
>>
>>52602347
>spikes and caltrops
FLIGHT SPEED
>>
>>52604241
>Flying spikes and flying caltrops
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>52604104
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/02/10/dash-twice/
>>
>>52604237
It's a "monster", a tiny fey with a lifespan of 15 years.
>>
>>52604237
It's a monster fey from the Volo's Guide to Monsters. It has CR 1 and is Lawful Evil for some reason. There are no rules for being one.
And yes, his move is 120ft.
>>
>>52600922
Tell him if he goes any faster, he risks becoming one with The Speed Force. Make him decide if losing himself entirely into the Legacy of Velocity is worth it, making him choose between living a plain life, or attaining his dream, before being erased entirely.
>>
>>52601160
Probably a tabaxi monk with haste, and some other stuff to increase speed, like that one feat I can't remember the name of. Or one of the new Mystic archerypes. The one that moves really fast.
>>
>>52601104
Realistically, it kinda fucks with the narrative if the BBEG is in the middle of a monologue and gets decked at the second syllable.
>>
Just because he has a high move speed doesn't mean he has a high reaction time. He doesn't have a +25 initiative mod nor does he get extra actions. Why do people think moving fast is OP?
Also you forget that Cheetah's Sprint lets that character, as an full round action, move 10x his movement speed in one round.
>>
File: gotta go fast.jpg (19KB, 225x245px) Image search: [Google]
gotta go fast.jpg
19KB, 225x245px
>>52603368

Nope.

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/rules-answers-november-2015

>If you have a feature like Cunning Action or Step of the Wind, can you take the Dash action more than once on your turn?

If a bonus action lets you take the Dash action, nothing in the rules prevents you from taking the Dash action with your regular action too. The same principle holds when you use a feature like Action Surge; you could use both of your actions to take the Dash action.
>>
>>52602421
>only google result is some guy posting a handful of pages in /v/ threads right before they get 404'd with no sauce
>first page has no tite, just DOUMAN SAYMAN

Damn it Downman
>>
>>52600946

Go to any plane with subjective gravity, or where the normal rules of physics do not apply.
>>
File: fastbaxi.png (94KB, 907x420px) Image search: [Google]
fastbaxi.png
94KB, 907x420px
>>
>>52600922
Teleportation.
>>
File: zoom it was me 1.png (1MB, 1366x714px) Image search: [Google]
zoom it was me 1.png
1MB, 1366x714px
>>52600922
Someone who is just as fast or faster and hates them, if you're looking for some way to challenge them at that high speed.
>>
>>52607508
>when you want to be able to say, "My character runs on water to get away from the GM's stupid bullshit."
>>
>>52605107
It's one of the short stories from nickelodian.
>>
>>52603461
The speed runner is played by a girl in a wheelchair
>>
>>52602372
That's not how time dilation works. You as the thing moving never experience slowed time. If youre moving relativistically fast other observers report your clock to be running slow, and vice versa. What the individual does experience is length contraction. Let me illustrate with an example:
Muons have a life of 2.2 nano second and move almost the speed of light. They are created in the earth's atomsphere, but are detected on earth which seems impossible. From the human perspective, the muon lives longer than 2.2 seconds because of time dilation. From the muon's perspective, it lasted only 2.2 nanoseconds but the earth's atmosphere was so length contracted that after 2.2 seconds it arrives on earth. If OP's character start's moving relativistic speeds, he's like the muon in this example.
>>
>>52604237
It wouldn't be all that hard to polymorph into one
>>
https://youtu.be/2pihHgvTvic?t=15s
>>
>>52608660
Why did I laugh?
>>
>>52600922
Don't. Assuming its some gimmicky 5e build, just let them have their fun. Movement speed that high won't really break combat anyway unless it's all melee enemies and they use a ranged weapon, but you'd have the same problem if they could fly.

Instead, consider it how it is: awesome mundane utility. You can have missions or quests where he can make use of that speed to do a task, like rushing medicine for dying kids back to town, or racing through a gauntlet of traps to hit an off switch.

It's only the sort of thing that will 'ruin' your game if you consider the players having ways to solve problems a bad thing.
>>
>>52608634
>>52608660
I'm far more perplexed by the fact that this particular MMO doesn't seem to have attribute cap.
>>
>>52600922
speed=/=reaction time.
have fun in the surprise round.
>>
>>52601018
They aren't accelerating but we can assume that once the player hits the wall the wall won't move. An average human is about 62kg so if they reach max speed of 600m/s(i think) then they would hit the wall with 3600 kg*m/s^2. They moment they hit the wall they would be mush.
>>
>>52602983
>hitscan arrows

I don't have an image demeaning enough to convey my disgust for this concept
>>
>>52600922
how did the character get that move rate.
that is a movement of 1500, with the dash action a base of 750. and assuming you could dash twice in one round as multipliers for a move action while being under a haste effect, your move would still be 250.
please explain.
>>
>>52600989
At what speed can players run across water?
>>
>>52609579
Would you rather have logs shot at you?

>>52609072
Japanese people fucking love grinding so basically anything that can be ground to inhuman levels, they think it's awesome.
>>
>>52600922

Introduce a dark menacing figure, possibly a demon or even a God, who is faster than him. Then have that dark figure run backwards through time and kill his mother.
>>
File: kabuto rain.webm (3MB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
kabuto rain.webm
3MB, 704x396px
>>52604702
Easy solution. Give the BBEG an ally who can match the players speed. Give them a special trinket that with a simple tap they can speed themselves up to keep up with the other player, presenting the player with an enemy who can chase his speed and fight him in the realm of speed.
And then give the player a chance to find their own magic device to upgrade themselves and become even faster for brief time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsRke5rUqAk
>>
>>52601368
>>52601370

These are the only good responses.
>>
>>52603952
>Entering the realm of speed brings you face to face with gods
A dangerous thing.
>>
>>52603952
This seems like fun.
>>
>>52603952
>As the player is racing around during one session, he can feel something tickling his ears, a soft, distant sound, that is only growing louder with every step he takes, getting faster and faster, louder and louder, until he can start to make the voice out clearly, at which point he feels something at the back of his neck, something moving faster than him, but seemingly taking it's time with a lazy stride
>It's voice speaks in an almost incomprehensible pitch, but it's words are clear
>"You are moving too fast, little thing. You should not have come here."
>>
Wait... so reading the rules on Dash in the PHB, by taking the Dash action your movement speed is increased by your movement speed. So for that round "normal" movement speed would be 30ft + 30ft = 60ft. Since you currently have a movement of 60ft, would that mean that using the dash action again ala haste/expeditious retreat/cunning action/monk/action surge double it again to 120ft?
>>
>>52603368
>The effect doesn't stack
Ah yes, as per that universal rule about stacking that 5e does not have.
>>
>>52603646
>movement into objects usually causes the creature to take damage
[citation needed]
>>
>>52604702
He shouldn't be monologuing if the PC's are within reach of him without something to prevent them from acting anyway.
>>
>>52603538
le peasant railgun XD
>>
>>52601031
>treat it as falling damage

Treat it as instant death*

That niggas moving at racecar speed and hes not in a race car
>>
>>52604577
>and is Lawful Evil for some reason
Yeah, I thought they used to be CE(N). LE is interesting, too, though, I guess.
>>
At one point, they'll have to go so fast that they become one with the Speed Force.
>>
>>52600922
Maybe pick up some Flash comics for ideas? Classic tricks include ice, marbles, jacks (caltrops) and other hazards and difficult terrain, glue, gravity antics, "speed stealing," weather, illusions, boomerangs, and just getting him to bumble into traps and hazards. Do keep in mind, however, that all of these things should be deployed as obstacles for the characters to overcome, not just shit to punish them or fuck them over (unless it's that kind of game, in which case this stuff this stuff may not go far enough).
>>
>>52612038
no it adds your move score of 30, making it 90. however i don't think you can take the dash action twice in the same round, but haste/expeditious retreat are flat doublers of your speed.
>>
... how much bloody force is he under moving at that speed shouldn't he like pass out or something? maybe apply a penalty if he doesn't have that high of a CON score.
>>
>>52601368
>I WAS THE CHICKEN, BARRY! IT WAS ME!

Every time. I wish this image were more relevant, because boy howdy is it funny
>>
>>52610736
It become theoretically possible at around 30 meters per second.
>>
>>52601043
An immediate detonation fuse would be easy to set up. Someone going that slow is still going to have to worry about landmines.
>>
>>52601183
since when is the rulebook in charge?
>>
File: WhenWillTheyLearn.jpg (155KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
WhenWillTheyLearn.jpg
155KB, 920x950px
>>52609292
Average weight is 80kg you manlet
>>
>>52611329
>the first sign you're starting to go too fast is when you start seeing Speed Elementals.
>>
>>52616650
No, not that kind of speed Steve.
>>
>>52616743
We're hitting every level of speed there is John. There's no room for halfway in this game.
>>
>>52600946
>Command
>"Halt"

Give this spell to anyone who has encountered or heard about your PC
>>
File: mythbusters_cars.jpg (31KB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
mythbusters_cars.jpg
31KB, 500x251px
>>52601018
Your math isn't off, it's completely made up out of nothing. The force involved in the collision will vary over time, and even a rough approximation of what it might be would require a full computer simulation run.

>>52609292
>They aren't accelerating

They go from lots to zero when they hit the wall, that's acceleration.

>An average human is about 62kg so if they reach max speed of 600m/s(i think) then they would hit the wall with 3600 kg*m/s^2

What? No! What the fuck are you doing? I mean just look at what you put as the unit there, kg*(m/s)^2 (I'm kindly assuming you wanted the parathesis there). To get that what should you do? You should do what it says there, take the mass, multiply with the speed, then multiply with the speed again. You won't get 3600, but at least you'll get what you claim to have calculated.

Of course, that's still fucking wrong for, well, anything. You're probably looking for the energy (in which case the sane way of writing out the unit is J, for Joule), which means you forgot to divide by two, for an answer just over eleven million.

Not quite 3600.

Then again, I'm not sure you should need to run the math to realize that slamming into an unyielding wall at 100MPH will fuck you up, so maybe there's some mroe fundamental problems here.
>>
>>52616856
>at 100MPH

And there I hit divide instead of multiply. Enjoy your mach 1.74 crash.

Or we go with OP's number, 600 FEET per second. A bit over 400MPH. Yeah, not good for you, in reality.
>>
>>52600979
You're a cunt.
>>
>>52601283
They should get sucked into the black hole, reroll their motivation, shift their stats a few points and rename their characters, because now they're playing in an alternate universe of their campaign.
>>
>>52616856
Pretty sure he wanted force, not energy.

Which is rather hard to calculate since you need to the impulse, but about one millisecond is the universal value in physics equations, but not always depending on elasticity.
>>
>>52601368
>>52601370
Make it himself from the future, who needs to stop him from going too fast, or he'll break down causality or something stupid like that

then they team up to fight gorilla masterminds
>>
If real physics are being involved, he's already going well over terminal velocity, his body is experiencing extreme resistance and probably high temperatures.

If his muscles aren't being torn to shreds from the force exerted to propel himself forward, his heart hasn't exploded, his bones hasn't shattered, his lungs haven't burst, his blood hasn't been forced from his brain.

Look just give this fucker some extreme endurance checks when he's trying to hit those upper limits. This should be high risk high reward, pushing his body beyond its limits shit.

If where he is now isn't game breaking, then just let him have it, and start applying checks as he goes faster or for longer duration.

Also, speed of sound is 1125ft/s
You should write that down since he's GUNNA try.
>>
File: shrug.png (151KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
151KB, 500x309px
>character that can move a billion feet per round is still currently in range of an attack
>I'M SURE TO WIN BECAUSE MY SPEED IS SUPERIOR
>gets hit anyway because that's how the turn based system works
>>
>>52618700
What is "leading" the target?
Also, GURPS
>>
>>52618766
What is "irrelevant because this is 5e and this is explicitly how the system works", mongoloid?
>>
File: Untitled41.png (547KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled41.png
547KB, 800x450px
Caltrops and pits and tripwires all over for running, cannon barrages with grapeshot for flying.
>>
>>52618967
>All actions of a round happen in six seconds
>You can't imagine anyone ranged leading a target during this

Just because it takes Tommy fuckstain 5 minutes to take his turn doesn't mean it took 5 minute in game.
I bet you also think that when you get hit by an arrow it's sticking out of you like in Skyrim.
>>
>>52619123
Literally what the fuck are you incoherently blathering about?
>>
>>52600922
Anti gravity aura. If he can't touch the ground, he can't speed away.
>>
>>52605107
http://mangatan.com/chapter/nickelodeon/chapter_36
>>
File: zero point energy.jpg (34KB, 560x314px) Image search: [Google]
zero point energy.jpg
34KB, 560x314px
>>
Unless he's moving too fast to be seen, gaze attacks will work fine.
>>
>>52600922
The obvious answer: FRICTION

That or making him roll for Con at fast speeds or suffer a heart attack.
>>
File: 1473479_orig.jpg (26KB, 349x421px) Image search: [Google]
1473479_orig.jpg
26KB, 349x421px
>>52600922
NO MERE MORTAL CHALLENGES THE GOD OF SPEED LEST THEY WANT MY WINGÉD ROD UP THEIR ANUS
>>
File: wile-e-coyote.gif (11KB, 320x282px) Image search: [Google]
wile-e-coyote.gif
11KB, 320x282px
>>52600922
>How do I counter this?
Hubris and jealousy. The god idea isn't bad, however it could just be as simple as the more amazing a hero tries to be, the more well known, and eventually someone will take an interest. Some dark wizard wants the power of GOTTAGOFAST and one day the character vanishes. Found in a room in a local inn in a wooden bathing tub filled with ice and a note saying that the wizard has stolen every enchanted item used to enhance the character's speed, ever trick, and, oh yes, he's also stolen the character's legs. There is also a bloody hacksaw in the room. Even if the character can repair the damage force them to start over again by claiming these legs are brand new and thus must be broken in.

If that isn't enough of a dick move my personal favorite is a combination of the character having difficulty perceiving surroundings and potential dangers at full speed coupled with a problem braking/steering at high speed (you never told us any effort has been made to tackle these issues). So the player will run into trees, walls, trip over uneven ground, people, and, why not, bears! Also off of cliffs. People have you looking at Flash comics. No, You need to look at Wile E Coyote cartoons instead.
>>
File: It Was Me All Along.jpg (390KB, 1086x1920px) Image search: [Google]
It Was Me All Along.jpg
390KB, 1086x1920px
>>52600922
Reverse Flash. The PC's super speed taps him into a special force. The use of this force (and his speed) creates an inverse of said force. A villain taps into the reverse force allowing him to match the PC's speed. The villain is from the future, and has manipulated the time line so the PC would tap into the force in order for the villain to have super speed. The villain loves to say "It was me [PC's name], it was me all along."
>>
He can run that fast....but he sure as hell won't be able to perceive anything while doing so.

My solution, less deadly. A wizard casts grease in his path
>>
File: Avin a giggle.gif (116KB, 277x400px) Image search: [Google]
Avin a giggle.gif
116KB, 277x400px
>>52601021
>peak /pol/ or peak autist (but I repeat myself).
>>
File: Black Manta in a nutshell.jpg (2MB, 1088x4567px) Image search: [Google]
Black Manta in a nutshell.jpg
2MB, 1088x4567px
>>52620035

God, I love petty villains like that. Do you know of any more?
>>
>>52600922
There are tons of special abilities and spells that result in someone being restrained or "stopped; that is, having their speed set to zero.
Off the top of my head, Grapple does it, for one thing. Entangle and Web are both examples of low level spells that do it.

Enemy spellcasters are fairly likely to be able to deal with it, but certainly wouldn't always have it prepared - unless they knew about the PC in advance (in which case they will; casters don't like enemy close combat company.)

Enemy brawler types may or may not decide that grapple is worth it.
This depends mostly on whether you let enemies grapple (and other attack options) instead of one their multiattacks (which they warn against on Sage Advice, but actually makes the game much more engaging since it's mostly too easy to fight noncaster enemies begin with. I can't recommend it highly enough, but remember to tell your players ahead of time that you know what Jeremy said.)
>>
File: Lex is a dick.jpg (954KB, 996x2192px) Image search: [Google]
Lex is a dick.jpg
954KB, 996x2192px
>>52620521
Zoom, Manta, and Lex pretty much make the trifecta of petty. At least for DC.

Look at this shit. Screwed over his own sister because fuck Superman and he wasn't even there
>>
>>52622101
Did he just make her retarded?
>>
>>52618629
If you can outrun a bullet that would make you fucking legendary.
>>
>>52600922
magic missles always hits the target
>>
>>52600922
>already hit 250 f/s, meaning they can outrun most arrows

No, they can't, because arrows in D&D don't have a movement rate you just roll to see if they hit. And the same goes for everyone saying he catches on fire because friction or any other such bullshit peasant railgun reasoning.

If someone pulls off something crazy within the rules then either plan your encounters around it or tell them straight that their build is OP and you're banning X and Y options. Don't start selectively pretending the game runs on real-world physics in order to nerf a particular build.
>>
>>52622690
No. He gave back her ability to walk just to take it away again to spite superman.
>>
>>52622762
How the fuck is running fast under multiple buffs OP? What's he gonna do, run around the dragon 30 times before being incinerated?
>>
>>52619653
>>52620035
One of these, OP.
>>
>>52622762
Sounds like you are upset that people aren't playing exactly the way you want to play. There is absolutely nothing against adding your own flavor to games or accounting for any flaws or anything exploitable. In fact it is encouraged.
>>
>>52600922

> gm: moving faster than 60' (or whatever) per round is silly so that's the cap

Rule zero. The end.
>>
>>52622891
It's going to come across as real arbitrary to the guy whose character bursts into flames for running too fast, because nothing else in the game operates on real physics.

>>52622790
I have no idea but it seems to have the OP worried.
>>
>>52600922
Don't hose their maximum speed, OP, just give them realistic restrictions. Running at 76-183 m/s metric system forever works just fine... when you're running in a straight line on a flat surface. When you trip and slam into a wall... well, terminal velocity for a human being is about 53 m/s, and if you're playing D&D 3E or 5E that's probably 15d6 damage since it takes about 15 second to hit terminal velocity and you fall 60 feet per six second round in 3E.

When your player's character has a clear well-paved road ahead of himself with few hills, let him run nearly as fast as a 747 jet. So what if they get between town or cities pretty quickly? Your Wizard can probably teleport people at this point. Let the martial character have their fun outside of battle.

Inside of combat? Force them to make Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution checks to control the force of their strides, to control the direction they're going, and to not tire themselves out. Make these harder if they're trying to make quick turns while moving, crossing difficult terrain, or jump over pits during their movement. If they succeed, let them get from point A to point B effectively as if they'd teleported. If they fail, figure out some reasonable consequences for failure. Maybe they get fatigued, or overshoot the distance, or trip and land prone.

TLDR: Don't let them abuse it in combat but otherwise be lenient and let them have fun!
>>
>>52623056
>Inside of combat? Force them to make Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution checks to control the force of their strides, to control the direction they're going, and to not tire themselves out.

The guy's thing is being the best at running. Don't make him jump through a bunch of hoops just to run as well as his character sheet says he can.
>>
>>52622762
The games do run on real-world physics without bothering to spell it all out. There is gravity, fire is hot, water boils, etc without any need to explain all the science. Most of the time it will never come up so it's free to take them for granted. A GM can be selective about bringing them up for specific reasons/concerns, and even treat it rather a la carte, but there is certainly nothing wrong with enforcing "realistic limitations" in a fantasy game. That would be the reason to require boosting speed with enchantments and buffs anyway.

As for how arbitrary it is, shit anon, I don't get this concern. Bringing in realistic limitations is far LESS arbitrary than bringing in some super villain or even a god to deal with it, but even those are valid solutions. Besides, a player will likely see any boundaries as something that just needs a bit more jiggering to figure out how to get around it. That's how the character would have gotten to this point in the first place, after all. Wether the DM lets the player figure out a solution or just keeps stringing them along depends on the DM, just as any other solution isn't a demand on the DM but merely a suggestion for consideration.
>>
Being able to run fast is not nerf worthy.
Being able to deal 45 damage on average every round at level 5 with 0 resource expenditure is nerf worthy.
>>
>>52622926
>rule zero: Change the game as needed to make it more fun
Not seeing your logic here.
>>
>>52622926
>Make monk
>Get haste
>No difference
>>
>>52603096
>centuries
To indicate a non-specific person, the use referring to a single specific person is unique to generation Z.
>>
>>52604009
Still works, insurgents have gotten a lot of overhead gunners this way in Iraq/Afghanistan.
>>
>>52616785
>>52616743
>>52616650
>>52611329
>>52603952
>The Speed Force is filled with literal Speed Demons

Sing me the fuck up
>>
>>52623151
Introducing "realistic limitations" is almost always a further nerf to martials in practice. I don't feel very strongly about this particular example, but it feels like a bad precedent to set for your game.
>>
>>52623292
Shut up, Lorgar.
>>
>>52623348
Hey man, there's ALWAYS room for realistic limitations otherwise PCs could take it in their head to build a tower to the heavens and cockslap the gods into submission. Having lack of proper supports and windshear be a problem is perfectly valid, among the many other problems. Hell, the GM could introduce termites and I'd be fine with that. At least it could make an interesting story about the PCs being diverted into challenging the Termite King (female) who may or may not actually exist.
>>
>>52600922
break his legs while he's asleep.
some jealous guy who also wants to be the fastest being in existence.
>>
>>52623292
Antagonists literally called Speed Demons. This is fucking gold, stolen.
>>
>>52620521
>how's the wife and kid
my sides
>>
>>52601009
This would have more weight if it weren't a horrifically punctuated run-on sentence
>>
File: typical player characters.jpg (500KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
typical player characters.jpg
500KB, 2550x3300px
>>52623391
>>
>>52620521
Dan Kuroto from Kamen Rider Ex-Aid. All the events of the show, everything bad that has happened, is due to a child sending Dan fan created video game ideas. I won't spoil it if you want to see it, but it's literally THE most petty thing in history
>>
>>52623056
Imagine doing this to a caster. The amount of "reeeeeeeeee-ing" would likely create an autism singularity.
>>
>>52623056
>if you're playing D&D 3E or 5E
Why would you make the effort to write a big post when you can't even take the effort to read the first couple responses of the thread?
>>
>>52609072
Maybe there's a total stat cap, but no individual stat cap and most people just spread them out so they're useful instead of awesome.
>>
>>52607508
That's not how doubling works in D&D. It shold be 240(all additions)*4(increased by 1 for each additional doubling)*7(actions)=6720 feet, or "only" 763 mph or 1229 km/h.
>>
File: vYqX3Y9.jpg (87KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
vYqX3Y9.jpg
87KB, 500x460px
here there is your solution.
>>
>>52624682
And this is how that PC became King of the Moon!
>>
>>52600996
>You become so fast that god has to step in and say "Bruh, chill the fuck out"

I wouldn't even be mad
>>
>>52625684
Depends. Consider >>52619653 since the Greek gods tended toward extreme vanity. Never say you're more beautiful than they are or really have any special skill that seems to outshine their own or they WILL fuck you up, sometimes literally.

Remember poor Bellerophon!
>>
>>52603303
Idk senpai, what's the Swiss dollar worth?
>>
>>52602421
Oh God, this chapter.
>>
>>52600922
Fuck that is genius, definitely going to keep that idea on the backburner for my next Pathfinder character (maybe summoner with ride-by-attack on something with one million legs that is half pokemon half racecar).
>>
>>52619192
Hahaha
>>
>>52622101
Gotta love Lex. Nothing is stopping him from being the savior of humanity except his hatred of superman.
>>
>>52601021
>it's perfectly fine because my marxist professor and his marxist dialectic said so therefore it is because he said so lol ignore literally all correctly written documents since the beginning of time
Kill yourself. There are two sexes, represented in language by two genders; the masculine is the generic in English.
>>
>>52619653
didn't the Flash beat Hermes in speed? Not sure about this one.
>>
Instead of worrying about how he might be defeated in combat, think about how many calories per day he has to consume in order to achieve these feats of speed, to say nothing about maintaining his body.
>>
>>52623391
Yes but did the building invest it's feats and class levels into things like "Resisting windshear" and "Lessens the amount of supports required"?
>>
>>52628709
I know they fought at least once, but Flash couldn't even touch the guy until he was too distracted to see Flash coming
>>
>>52600922
>question girl.jpg
Anon, I have something to tell you that you're probably not going to like...
>>
>>52600979
If its good enough for Shakespeare it's good enough for you, asshole.
>>
Give him cursed boots that eat his feet and reduce his move speed to 5ft/round. That should teach him to not make characters that can do things!
>>
>>52627283
Except whenever Superman exits stage left, he continues to be an evil dick. In fact, he's an evil dick in things that don't involve Supra at all.
Don't believe Lex's self-hype.
>>
>>52602329
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.
>>
>>52627339
PLEASE TELL ME WHAT KIND OF GENITALS YOUR PLAYER HAS BECAUSE IT IS SO RELEVANT TO THIS CONVERSATION
>>
>>52600922
What everyone else has said, read some Flash comics. If you don't want to introduce Reverse-Flash/Zoom and completely fuck over the rest of your party because HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH THAT, pick up any Rogues story arc and see how they come up with ideas. Frictionless ice-ground so that he can't stop, barriers forcing him down specific paths, triggered charges that'll go off if he goes over a certain speed, etc.
>>
The Goku/realistic Wolverine problem.

You get fucking HUNGRY
>>
>>52632105
>i refuse to accept that "he" is the nonspecific third person pronoun in english

NOT THEY, NOT SHE, NOT S/HE, NOT ANY MARXIST "NEUTER PRONOUN" NEOLOGISM

HE.
>>
File: IMG_2469.jpg (72KB, 340x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2469.jpg
72KB, 340x395px
>>52627339
You are fucking retarded. The OP was speaking totally normally. They did nothing wrong grammar-wise. Off yourself, you use singular they every fuckinn day without even noticing you thick skulled troglodyte.
>>
>>52600922
Wall Force.
The collision would be similar to falling.
It corresponds to a roughly 20s free fall speed, so about 6000f fall, wich correspond to 600d6 dmg.
>>
>>52632703
>Off yourself, you use singular they every fuckinn day without even noticing you thick skulled troglodyte.

Some people have standards, I know this is surprising to most millennials but I never use the singular they and will correct its use.
>>
>>52632669
Back to your containment board idiot.
>>
>>52627339
>implying "la chaise" means that French chairs are women/feminine and that gender isn't just a property of a word
>implying marx has anything to do with language, let alone all the languages out there with more than one gender
>implying acknowledging the historical existence of "they" as a gender neural/nonspecific pronoun has anything at all to do with political opinion on sexual minorities or whatever
>nearly two days later
/pol/, please, contain your autism!
>>
>>52627339
Motherfucker, what part of 'their' as a singular and 'theirs' as a plural do you not understand? I use 'their' without eve trying to refer to my friends all the time, and they ALL have dicks.
>>
>>52632731
>t. that guy in your IT department who insists on using "whom" but uses it wrong
Please just go back.
>>
File: clarkson glasses.jpg (8KB, 215x234px) Image search: [Google]
clarkson glasses.jpg
8KB, 215x234px
>>52632731
>calling people millenials on a korean child pornography distribution site where nobody's age can be identified anyway

I genuinely do not understand how you fucking people function in real society.

Also, motherfucker, the English language is constantly evolving. If you're going to correct people on using 'they' as a singular, you better be a goddamn prescriptivist and insist on them using 'thee, thou, thine' and 'whom' as well.
>>
>>52600922
Walls
>>
>>52600922
As much as I fucking hate to cite Naruto, Kakashi couldn't use the Chidori very often because the speed required to build it up meant that he had a very narrow field of vision while executing the move.

Give your player insane tunnel vision if they're going to fast, forcing them to slow down most of the time and save the real bursts of speed for emergencies.

(Bonus for the prescriptivist asshole in the thread: give your player tunnel vision if he/she's going too fast, forcing him/her to slow down and save the real bursts of speed for emergencies).
>>
File: 1460337780458.jpg (197KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1460337780458.jpg
197KB, 1280x1280px
>>52627339
>>52600979
I fucking went to a conservative Christian private school that ingrained into us that feminism and liberalism were ungodly, and how Karl Marx was practically a Satanist, and even they taught us to use they/their when talking about something without a specified or known gender.

Jesus Christ, you're a moron.
>>
>>52600922

Combat speed, like all combat in DND, is an abstraction, representing tactical movement and navigating obstacles and other combatants. You don't need to worry about outrunning arrows.

Even if they had a speed of 600ft per turn, they still can only move on their own turn. And you can't cheese attacks by moving out of range with a readied action because readied actions happen after the trigger.
>>
>>52632669
What does Marxism have to do with gender. Unless you count females as a means of production.
>>
>>52632669
u mad bro?
>>
>>52632827
You're confused.
He couldn't use the Sharingan too often because it was taxing on his average-size chakra reserves, and was meant for an Uchiha with xboxhueg reserves.

The Sharingan was the solution to the Chidori's tunnel vision problem (base power is visual acuity boost, but it's not automatically to perfect vision, just a static boost), but the Chidori itself wasn't a problem for him. It was a problem for Sasuke, because he was still a child with a child's reserves, Uchiha or not.
>>
so how does the fast man counter the counters itt?
>>
>>52627339
>>52632731

Sounds like English passed you by. Soon you'll be just like the stuffy pedants you learned from, insisting that sentences not end with prepositions even though it's perfect fine as long as it makes sense; or worse, bitching about splitting infinitives, as if that ever mattered.
>>
>>52632908
Didn't he have tunnel vision issues when he used it before he got Obito's sharingan?
God, I hate that I remember this.
>>
>>52632870
Something something conspiracy theory about commies undermining western sexual morals to orchestrate the downfall of the United States.
>>
>>52633006
Eh, Soviets did try to destabilize the west so that doesn't seem too absurd. Hell, I had martial law declared in my country at one point because a Soviet funded separatist group went apeshit.

But that seems less a product of Marxist-Leninist theory and more a product of being in a cold war.
>>
>>52633051
I mean, it's not like there's not some truth to the fact that the Soviets did aim to destabilize the west, but like you said, it's more of a result of the cold war rather than Marxism itself.

It's also ironic it's being discussed on an image board with multiple hentai/porn image boards, as well as an LGBT one. Things that really wouldn't fly with the traditional western sexual standards that the commies would be seeking to undermine.
>>
>>52632976
Yeah, before he got it he had an issue with tunnel vision. But it was a tactical issue, not a stamina one. And he'd only used it once before Minato was like "yeah don't use that in the field again until you fix that problem, it's a liability". It did what it was designed to do, it just needed some tweaking
>>
>>52600979
is this what happens when you get all your politics from an image board
>>
>>52633370
Right, which is what I'm suggesting the OP use to counteract his superspeed dude. Unless his player's build somehow has a way to counteract tunnel vision, he can bring it into play to let him use his abilities but present interesting new tactical problems for them to overcome.
>>
>>52616856
acceleration is meters per second per second or meters per seconds squared m/s^2 you pseudo intellectual ignoramus
>>
File: IMG_2995.png (147KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2995.png
147KB, 750x1334px
>>52632731
You must be a troll.
>>
>>52622101
where did the blanket come from?
>>
>>52632785
>I genuinely do not understand how you fucking people function in real society.
>implying
Where the fuck do you think you are?
>>
>>52634524
You will notice, if you're even a tiny bit fucking literate, that OP's usage is not included in that image.
>>
>>52634562
No. It fucking is. You fucking autist. 8/10, your bait worked you asshole.
>>
>>52634606
Show me where on the list that it says "[singular third person plural] used to refer to a person of specific gender"
>>
>>52634635
Y'know, if we're being that strict, I think you should also take issue with the claim that a player, not a character, is that fast.
>>
>>52634709
Eh, the difference is immaterial anyway since you can just ask Satan to give you all your character's powers and he's normally down for it.
>>
>>52634709
Yeah, but you can't blame Marxism and liberals for that, so he obviously doesn't care.
>>
File: dinosaur_comics.png (115KB, 740x467px) Image search: [Google]
dinosaur_comics.png
115KB, 740x467px
>>52632731
>>52634635
Has anyone posted this yet? Do I get to be first? singular they has been in use for nearly two centuries, anon. Stop blaming everything that personally irks you on the millennial-boogeyman
>>
>>52634907
>singular they has been in use for nearly two centuries
That would be the last one on the list in >>52634524
The one in the OP is only in use by the as-of-yet-unnamed generation anteceding the millennials.
>>
The OP didn't disclose the particular gender of the player because they (triggered yet?) probably didn't feel it was relevant, and therefore used "they" as a gender-neutral way to refer to a singular person.
>>
>>52635149
Yes! Fucking dammmit. Thank you.
>>
>>52625684
"A sucking chest wound is Nature's way of telling you to slow down."
>>
>>52635282
He's lactating too!?

Why oh why aren't athletes more cautious about hormone injections in their quest to Gotta Go Fast!?!?!?!?
>>
>>52603319
>Go too fast
>Screw up causality
>Attract God of Time's attention
>Hound of Tindalos show up
>HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO OUTRUN ME
>WHEN I AM ALREADY HERE
>>
>>52636334
Psh, everyone's knows darkness is the fastest thing in the universe.
It takes 8 minutes for light to travel from the Sun to Earth, a hundred million miles away. Guess what's already there before light even got it's shoes tied?
>>
>>52632743
These people think that getting an education = communist mind control. You'll never make them understand reality.
>>
bolas
>>
>>52600922
Remove legs
>>
>>52636546
>tie the light's shoes together
>takes them an extra minute to get up and retie their shoes
>>
>>52601075
God, S2 was such shit
>>
DnD 5th
--------
Race: Tabaxi
Speed: Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Feline Agility: Your reflexes and agility allow you to move with a burst of speed. When you move on your turn in combat, you can double your speed until the end of the turn. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you move O feet on one of your turns.
-----------------------------------------------
Barbarian: Level 5

TOTEM SPIRIT: EAGLE: [Dash action as a bonus action]
FAST MOVEMENT: [+10ft]
Monk: Level 2

UNARMORED MOVEMENT: [+10ft]
Fighter: Level 2

ACTION SURGE: [+1 Action]
Druid: Level 8

WILD SHAPE: While you are transformed, the following rules apply: You retain the benefit of any features from your class, race, or other source and can use them if the new form is physically capable of doing so.

Dire Wolf: [CR1]
Speed - 50ft
----------------------------------------------------
MISC Bonuses (From party, or from items)
----------------------------------------------------
FEAT: Mobile:[+10ft]
Longstrider [+10ft] (Spell)
Boots of Speed [x2 Movement as Bonus Action] (Item)
Haste [x2 Movement] - [+ Action of Dash] (Spell)
-----------------------------------------------------
Calculations
-----------------------------------------------------
Base Speed – Tabaxi
Speed - 60ft

Tabaxi – Uses Wild Shape, changes into Dire Wolf
Speed – 80ft

Ranger – Uses Longstrider, targeting Dire Wolf
Speed – 90ft

Wizard – Uses Haste, targeting Dire Wolf
Speed – 180ft [+ 1 Action of Dash]

Dire Wolf – Takes the following actions:
- Action Surge [+1 Actions]
- Boots of Speed (Bonus Action) – 360ft Speed
- Haste – Uses additional Dash Action – 720ft Speed
- Bonus Action –Totem Eagle – 1440ft Speed
- Standard Action – Dash – 2880ft Speed
- Movement Action -Feline Agility – 5760ft Speed

960 Feet per second:
- 654 Miles per Hour
>>
>>52638790
Do you need two pairs of Boots of Speed in wolf form?
>>
>>52638790
I think you're math is wrong, each separate dash adds your current movement speed to the amount you are allowed to move this turn, not doubles it for each dash action. It doesn't increase your movement speed, it just allows you to use your move action again.

So if you have 30 ft of movement and dash twice, that's 90, not 120.
>>
>>52638790
Don't your speedboots become nonfunctional in wild shape?

Take elk totem on barbarian and two levels in rogue instead, don't waste the levels on druid.
>>
>>52639503
I'm sure you can find enchanted booties for dire wolves. May have to be a custom job, of course.
>>
>>52640434
Just make sure you don't hire someone with whimsey.
>>
>>52600922
>What happens to a man falling out of a vehicle moving 100mph

If he trips he's dead.
>>
>>52601075
But it brought us wonderful memes, such as:
>Burger than Black
>UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ
>Electric Chinese Drunken Hobo Batman
>>
>>52611260
Kamen rider is so good, even when its bad its still good.
>>
File: IMG_6450.jpg (124KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6450.jpg
124KB, 639x960px
>>52642516
>>
>>52602907
Ooh, I like this one. It introduces two adversaries: the God of Speed and the Inevitable that's basically his henchman.

And since you stop being the God of Speed when someone else goes fast enough, you could have the current GoS be constantly on edge, paranoid that at any time he'll lose his godhood. Maybe he attends footraces in disguise to scope out the competition and occasionally makes sure that any promising rivals have an "accident". Hell, he could even be suspicious of the Inevitable he created, since it would have to run pretty fast in order to deal with its targets.

This could be really, really fun. /tg/ always has the best ideas.
>>
>>52603196
So is that still the consensus as to whatever the fuck Red Ruler is doing?
>>
>>52603415
With teleportation, are the molecules that make you up actually moving from A to B, or are they being destroyed at A and recreated from scratch at B? Or maybe it's like if you draw a point on a sheet of paper and then fold it so that the point suddenly is touching another place on the sheet. To me, that seems more like you stayed in the same place (i.e. no movement) but the universe just changed around you.
>>
>>52603952
The "things" kind of remind me of rods or skyfish. As I recall, there was a pretty cool chapter in JoJo Part 6 where the heros had to fight a dude who was attacking them with those "rods" that move faster than the human eye can track. Can't remember how Jolyne got out of that one. I think she set herself on fire or something.
>>
I forget, is the bump limit for /tg/ 300 or 500?
Well whatever. bump
>>
>>52644843
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.