[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys! What if-- SHUT UP-- What if What if Magic... WAS REAL.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: InvisibleSun.jpg (142KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
InvisibleSun.jpg
142KB, 700x467px
Guys! What if-- SHUT UP-- What if
What if Magic... WAS REAL.
And Reality? Was an ILLUSION
Hold on to your butts, Monte Cook is about to BLOW YOUR MIND
>>
>>52599093
Alright, standard urban fantasy setting. Is the system any good?
>>
>>52599093
>Hold on to your butts, Monte Cook is about to BLOW YOUR MIND
Isn't he more into eating dicks ?
>>
>>52599093
Why would I want to roleplay in a world just like our own?
>>
File: TheBox.jpg (94KB, 680x418px) Image search: [Google]
TheBox.jpg
94KB, 680x418px
>>52599122
>>52599122
Comes out in November, it looks like. There's some demo stuff out in the wild for KS supporters, IIRC. It's just so insanely overblown and artsy.

The pitch is over the top too, trying to sound like really groundbreaking stuff for the modern gamer. Did you know Monte Cook was the first one to come up with using 'flashbacks' and 'side sessions' in a RPG?
>>
File: 1478764266317.gif (1MB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
1478764266317.gif
1MB, 300x165px
>>52599215
>Did you know Monte Cook was the first one to come up with using 'flashbacks' and 'side sessions' in a RPG?
>>
>>52599192
Because it's a bit less interesting since you cannot personally wield meme magic, it has to be a group effort of thousands for faith to accumulate and begin prodding the sleeping gods.
>>
>>52599215
Meh, couldn't care if people are treating it like blowjobs in a box that cures AIDS, just interested in how it plays. Don't let easily ignored communities push you away from something you might enjoy, I'm sure you've got enough regrets and missed opportunities in life.
>>
>>52599093
So all the hype was for a fucking modern fantasy setting? FUUUUUUCK that. I'd say that Monte could eat my dick, but he might actually try.
>>
>>52599215
It costs 300 USD to buy, right?
>>
>>52599269
...It said that on the tin.
And seriously, I know it's just shitposting, but if you're gonna hate on Monte Cook, there are way more legit reasons than some cannibal bullshit that's as real as the last 'stories from my campaign' thread.
>>
Is this going to be another iteration of that piece of shit Cypher System, or a brand new piece of shit?
>>
>>52599093
>What if Magic... WAS REAL.
>And Reality? Was an ILLUSION
I can already say Kult did it better, and wit hMonte involved even the fairly crappy system of Kult will be better.
>>
>>52599093
So it will be another decent game world and system, made enjoyable and fun because you can clearly see it was made by people with lots of experience with RPG, but killed by a huge hype which sets expectations miles above your wildest dreams.

Why does Monte Cook think this is a good marketing strategy?
>>
>>52600854
Numenera was an ok game world (if you don't think too much about it) with a paper-thin system. If it wasn't for Cook and the hype, it would be a three-dollar deal on RPGnow.
>>
>>52601288
Both the system and game world are leagues above most of what you can find in RPGnow or DriveThruRPG.

It is rare finding a game where after reading the atlas you have at least a few ideas about what kind of game to do. Just look at Eclipse Phase, which is another popular indie game. In Numenera each city, country or monster description is an adventure seed.

It's a game meant to be played, when most RPGs want to be games meant to be read.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.