[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 46

File: Kitsune.jpg (63KB, 284x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kitsune.jpg
63KB, 284x480px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Kitsune edition. What have you done lately with pathfinder's most underused PC race?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/WMhRUURm

Old thread: >>52583081
>>
Be sure to read these handy guides on how to impress other players with your roleplaying skills!
https://pastebin.com/zUGVAmbf
https://pastebin.com/CFHdFch4
https://pastebin.com/5mL0eJUd
https://pastebin.com/g6KKYqPv

They're must-reads for any aspiring roleplayer in /pfg/!
>>
Youkai kitsune are the true kitsune, all else need not apply.
>>
>>52587744
You're in the Pathfinder thread, Pathfinder kitsune are the true kitsune in Pathfinder.

Any other claim is deviation from official Pathfinder rules and the equivalent of homebrew. If you include youkai kitsune in your game, you've got no right to restrict other players from including their own unofficial material.
>>
File: ba50f2f0f5cbbb0bb0e5b9bfcefeb8ea.jpg (605KB, 1946x2048px) Image search: [Google]
ba50f2f0f5cbbb0bb0e5b9bfcefeb8ea.jpg
605KB, 1946x2048px
>>52587767
That's okay, I'll keep using Forrest's work, which includes youkai kitsune.
>>
>>52587842
Okay. Enjoy your non-canon, unofficial, homebrewed and technically incorrect interpretation of Pathfinder!
>>
Let's do something different and rate all the BitF apps. Some of them are extremely edgy, so prepare yourselves.

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4844265/character-applications
>>
>>52587767
They could just be using the Bloodborne Yokai variant. I dunno anybody telling other people that the interpretation of Kitsune they use in their games is wrong seems dumb to me.
>>
>>52587871
I'm currently working on my application. Will post it as soon as I can.
>>
Kitsune should have a totally human fotm and a totally fox form. Classically the human form is also always female. Anything else is furry "muh misunderstood yiffsona isn't really a societally harmful trickster!"

https://youtu.be/4xe72U7mXNg
>>
>>52587722
>that second one

Where's the Onryou X Zombie log?

>>52587909
Honestly I just want a Coyote-style Kitsune variant that is actually a right-and-proper douchebag trickster, unlike the whole 'associated with life and death' Coyotl in Bloodforge
>>
>>52587706
>Want to be enchantment Kitsune in 1pp game to show another player how fucks enchantment magic can be
>Have to choose between jury rigging an ART so I can pretend to be a yokai, or getting the +1 spell DC

Fuck
>>
File: FIG-IPN-4996_03.jpg (43KB, 465x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIG-IPN-4996_03.jpg
43KB, 465x600px
>>52587909
>mfw
>>
>>52587933
Play a skinwalker, dude.
>>
>>52587909
>Classically the human form is also always female
Look up "King of the Nine Mountains" as a story about a grody old male kitsune who tricks an asshole into getting executed and know that you are absolutely wrong. You could also look up half a dozen other stories about male kitsune, too.
>>
File: blackfox.png (531KB, 920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
blackfox.png
531KB, 920x1200px
>>52587933
>unlike the whole 'associated with life and death' Coyotl in Bloodforge

But you can be a chuunibyou kitsune that way!

>Like kitsune, they are master shapeshifters, but their carrion-heavy diet and heavy spiritualism has led many to believe—including the majority of coyōtl themselves—that they possess power over life and death.

>Fool! C-cease petting mine tail at once! Dids't thou forget that within mine tail is trapped the dark god of abso- oh. Ooooooh, that, that feels quite nice. M-mayhap the dark god won't notice. Yes, I sense his attention is occupied elsewhere. Thus, I shall allow you the honor to continue stroking my tail, just like that.
>>
>>52587969
Then why don't I ever see any in anime?
Checkmate.
>>
>>52587957
I AM but Witchwolf doesn't capture it near as well. IMO Coyotls would be +INT/+WIS/-STR

>>52587973
...That's kind of a strong argument ya got there, for chuuni kitsune.
>>
>>52587983
>Kokkuri
>That one anime where the girl becomes a goddess because the prior deity said "fuck this im out"

Try actually looking, fag
>>
File: taireacts.gif (840KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
taireacts.gif
840KB, 300x300px
>>52587722
What's the context for these? I've been gone a while.
>>
>>52588009
/pfg/ being /pfg/
>>
>>52587706
What are even interesting yet underused PC races in general anyway?

I get the idea that if people even speak of them, they arent underused
>>
>Melee-focused Druid masquerades as pathetic caster
>Gets surrounded by rogues
>Shapeshifts into a bear and slaughters all of them
For some reason this concept REALLY activates my almonds
>>
>>52588022
I can tell.
Some of these names sound familiar. Makes me wish I kept up with the roll20 circlejerk a bit better.
>>
>>52588065
Grippli.
>>
>>52588080
So, you wish you kept up with /pfg/?
>>
>>52588009
Logs 1, 2 and 4 refer to an incident where Rory's player (game: Dragons2) leaked logs from a one-on-one ERP session without Aurora's player's consent. This was after he was already on thin ice for attempting to "overmeme" his character (read: post about him incessantly to force the meme and then later claim he was trying to wear the meme out).

Log 3 is a parody on /pfg/'s hopes and dreams for SotJR. Valeriya and Casimir are two characters who were shipped together because Casimir is an older "daddy" character and Valeriya supposedly has daddy issues.
>>
>>52588081
Ran a grippli Shaman last night actually. Went pretty great.
>>
>>52588105
Hey, thanks for the context. I now remember why I left. Does anyone know what the fallout has been like over the leaked ones?
>>
>>52587969
That's actually pretty neat, the only stories I've ever found with them are always Fox Wife stuff. Will take a look.
>>
>>52588142
Mostly those of us in the actual game wish that people would stop reposting the logs so we can be over with the drama and go on with our fucking lives. Mostly because its insanely unfair to Aurora's player.
>>
File: 1453907502360.jpg (12KB, 182x230px) Image search: [Google]
1453907502360.jpg
12KB, 182x230px
>>52587973
>skintight fabric showing the full contours of a woman's navel
>>
>>52588065

I don't hear a lot about vanara, even though they seem like they might be fun. Anyone ever do anything with one?
>>
>>52587871
Why put yourself through the suffering?
>>
File: blackfox2.png (675KB, 827x1100px) Image search: [Google]
blackfox2.png
675KB, 827x1100px
>>52588191
Are you bothered?
>>
>>52587909
>Classically the human form is also always female.
I forgot the title of the story, but I remember reading a translated story of a male kitsune.

The short version is: a kitsune in human form invites a guy drinking. The kitsune is charismatic and well connected, so they get invited up to the private atrium of the bar. Things get out of hand, and the guy falls over the handrails of the atrium. Everyone in the bar seems shocked and asks where he came from. When he tells them he fell from the atrium they are perplexed, because there is no atrium. Upon inquiry, the man finds out he is halfway across the country from his home.

The moral of the story was "don't drink in excess"
>>
File: Sucy.png (376KB, 705x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sucy.png
376KB, 705x1200px
>>52588191
And it can get worse, so much worse.
>>
>>52588290
>Are you bothered?
yes but in a good way
>>
>>52588304
Please don't post slugbox my dick can't handle it.
>>
File: 1490425817578.gif (3MB, 217x264px) Image search: [Google]
1490425817578.gif
3MB, 217x264px
>>52588290
WHOMST IS THIS SEMEN DEMON?
>>
>>52588290
>visible contour of tummy
>not a trace of nipples or areola
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
Hey yall, I'm trying to make a character based on Lord Zedd for a campaign, which should I do, Summoner or Conjuration Occultist? And should I use any archetypes?
>>
>>52588290
>fabric over claws
Her wardrobe manager is a wizard or an idiot!
>>
File: falzfox.png (933KB, 1200x1215px) Image search: [Google]
falzfox.png
933KB, 1200x1215px
>>52588335
Who knows?

>>52588352
Must be padding in the right spots.
>>
>>52588444
It's likely both.
>>
>>52588105

I bet Valeriya is going to end up with someone else and Casimir stays single!
>>
File: words hurt.jpg (103KB, 722x690px) Image search: [Google]
words hurt.jpg
103KB, 722x690px
>>52588475
DELET THIS!

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THIS?
>>
>>52588519
Why would ANYONE want to kiss a man with such a fat jew nose like Casimir's?
>>
>>52588444

Last time the subject came up, someone suggested crimping, but yeah, seems questionable.
>>
>>52588459
>four ears!
>FOUR EARS!
>>
>>52588553
Vacuum packed clothing so it's more than skintight. Feeling the latex cling to your every movement, mm.
>>
>>52588553
Well that's also just for having them fit at all without tearing, but tearing when she bends her finger would still be an issue, and she looks like she wants to use them on someone or something, which would also be a total no-no for intact gloves.

Let's just say it's magic or paint.
>>
>>52588574
Please don't lewd in the thread anon
>>
>>52588475
Valeriya ending up with somebody else I could see coming, but there's no way Casimir wouldn't hook up with a cute merchant woman wherever they end up.
>>
>make unarmed build
>as per advice, manage to get wis to damage on top of using ascetic style to get better crit ranges
>realize in hindsight just how much investment I put in just to deal as much damage and attack as a two hander chump with a greatsword

Thats kind of a sad thought
>>
>>52588142
>Does anyone know what the fallout has been like over the leaked ones?
People were incredibly upset with Rory (understandably), but he's still in the game. It seems like he was warned that his next slip up would earn him the boot because it seems like he's tried to tone down his shitposting, but unfortunately he left a lot of meme momentum in the thread that hasn't really died down at all.
>>
>>52588714
should have just used dragon style
>>
>>52588611
>>52588553
>implying it's not Djezet Skin.
>>
>>52588736
Didnt want to induce more MAD as it is
>>
File: rwert3432622.jpg (77KB, 735x861px) Image search: [Google]
rwert3432622.jpg
77KB, 735x861px
>>52588714

Yyyep.
>>
>>52588746
>Not being a Brutal Slayer using Broken Blade and Dragon Style

Git gud
>>
>>52588742
That's magic. You could probably call it magic paint and not be completely wrong.
>>
>playing a Mindchemist Alchemist/Disciple of the Pike Cavalier VMC Bard
>half-elf with Breadth of Experience
>level 6
>all knowledge skills are +30 when identifying monsters
Feels good to know everything.
>>
Is there any news about potential cool stuff headed our way in Bestiary 6?
>>
>>52588778

Didn't Bestiary 6 come out a while ago? Or am I mixing up the numbers?
>>
>>52588233
I was thinking about putting together a TWF vanara fighter after blood of the beast came out, but then I realized I'd have to play a vanara and scrapped the idea.
>>
>>52588809
6 is coming out at the end of this month. 5 was a while ago and contained the almighty Vilderavn.
>>
>>52588852

Right, now I remember. That was when they added the amarok.
>>
>>52587871

If you want to rate things, why not just start?
>>
>>52588904
I feel like it wouldn't be right to do so since my app is in there too. It might be a conflict of interest.
>>
Yesterday there was a lot of discussion about Strength being improved. I have talked about this once or twice before I think, and completely agree with most folks that there needs to be a boost in some manner. Some of my thoughts on it are the following:

Combat Statistics:
>Strength -> Initiative
This would be called Muscle Memory and be a single feat. We have a precedent from Noble Scion that replacing a stat for initiative is one feat. It would require 13 Str and in exchange for no bonus on knowledge skills it could be taken any level.
>Strength -> Fort Saves
This one is harder to pin down as feats such as Steadfast Personality, which only gives Cha to Will against mind-affecting effects. However, mind-affecting effects make up a majority of all will saves. I would say similar coverage should be under one feat. You need to decide some gap. Fatigue, Exhaustion, Sicken, Nauseated, Disease, Poison, Dazed, Stunned, Deafened, Paralyzed, and Petrified all are sometimes Fort saves. If I were to choose the gap I would leave out Petrification and one other, probably Paralyzed. Call it Strength of Body.
>Strength -> Natural Armor
This one I would be much more willing to make a two feat chain. The first would be a feat similar to Dodge, one that gives a +2 Natural Armor bonus. This would be +2 as opposed to Dodge's +1 as Natural Armor doesn't apply to Touch AC. The next would give 1/2 Strength bonus to Natural Armor. They would be called "Shielding Bulk" and "Toughened Muscle".
>Strength -> Spell Casting
This one is honestly something I simply want because I think it's cool. It would be a subdomain of Strength and replace your casting stat with strength.

(1/2)
>>
>>52588992
That didn't stop Lysnader. Hell, that worthless faggot cock sucking loser talentless cuck got guaranteed a slot because he reviewed apps. No reason the same can't happen to you!
>>
>>52589015

Skills:
For skills I would mostly make them as traits. The problem with this however is that traits are a hot commodity due to limited selection within categories. That makes someone who wants to take Extra Traits to get more Str based skills essentially constricted of choosing only a few from the columns. Honestly in a perfect world Extra Traits would not have the same restriction normal trait selection does. That would be my fix.

Strength -> Intimidate (already a thing, but moved down to a trait)
Strength -> Crafting (Only metal called Hammerer)
Strength -> Heal (Called Bone Setter)
Strength -> UMD (Called Forceful Activation)
Strength -> Handle Animal (Called Stern Discipline)
Strength -> Escape Artist (It breaks what ever you escape from, called Shackle Breaker)
Strength -> Disable Device (Breaks what ever you're disabling, called Trap Smasher)
Strength -> Ride (Called Forceful Rider)
Strength -> Acrobatic (Called Strong Leaper)
Strength -> Perform (but only Act/Dance/Percussion called Mighty Performance)
Strength -> Fly (called Powerful Wings)
Strength -> Diplomacy (Only for humanoids of savage cultures and non-humanoids, called Impressive Physique)

Besides these I don't really see a lot of others making easy sense as we don't want to end up with a Wisdom of the Flesh scenario, which I consider just a poorly made trait.

As for other combat statistics an argument could be made for Str to HP, but I personally don't think its needed.
>>
>>52589028
Nepotism is for careers, not for pathfinder games.
>>
>>52589015
>basing anything off of Steadfast personality
Steadfast Personality SHOULD be "all will saves", though, because the limitation it has is retarded.

>Str->Natural Armor
This opens up a massive can of worms. The suggestion to just crib a portion of Brutal Slayer's gimmick as one feat wasn't a bad one, IMO, but that's just me.
>>
>>52587871
>Adalina: TL;DR Seriously i don't care about backstories this long
>Gwenffrwd: Shit Name/10
>Romulus: FOUNDER OF ROME/10, Mustache/10
>Varico: This shit can't be real/10
>Sapphira: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNM5mFQ9siI
>Grif: Actually kind of ok, 7/10
>Sable: Would Headpat
>Dyne: Snore as fuck
>Dagna: Would let be the party's healslut/cum receptacle. Is qt.
>Locke: Laughingstops.jpg
>Jak: edgy bomb rat
>Frank: Necromancer. Pass.
>Jacques: Is this guy in the right campaign?
>Sascha: Not Done/10
>Renee: Vanilla
>Netty: I respect someone unironically playing a halfling rogue.
>>
>>52588778
What kind of redundant outsider species will they introduce this time?
>>
File: some pixiv id goes here.png (904KB, 850x1203px) Image search: [Google]
some pixiv id goes here.png
904KB, 850x1203px
>>52587706
Fucking disappointed in you anime OP poster. Could have used fresh, new kitsune art, but you fucked it all up.
>>
>>52589089
>Steadfast Personality SHOULD be "all will saves", though, because the limitation it has is retarded.
Personally I disagree as steadfast personality is it doesn't make much sense for resisting Planar Bindings.

However I think it should apply against non mind-affecting illusions.

Steadfast personality is too limited which I suggested smaller gaps for Str to Fort, as petrification is very uncommon.

>This opens up a massive can of worms. The suggestion to just crib a portion of Brutal Slayer's gimmick as one feat wasn't a bad one, IMO, but that's just me.
That's why I push it from one feat to a two feat chain. So it now requires a fair amount of investment. Over their careers most characters only receive 10 non-combat feats. A fifth of them going to 1/2 natural armor would be significant investment.
>>
File: 1484282849865.jpg (14KB, 302x318px) Image search: [Google]
1484282849865.jpg
14KB, 302x318px
>>52589098
You did good, champ.
Love,
Romulus-anon
>>
>>52589136
What can I say, its a nice Stache
>>
>>52589148
It is.
>>
>>52589126
Str-to-Fortitude is EXTREMELY iffy because it's taking shit from CON. A stat which has exactly two things to its name: HP and Fort saves. THAT bothers me most.

>two feats for Str-to-Natural Armor
Considering a lot of the complaints about Str started because of the Feat tax crowd screaming about PoW, it just kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth to have something that might stack onto Brutal Slayer. I'd also just prefer to just spread BS's gimmick around, rather than trying to force something new, because I'm REALLY FUCKING SICK OF BRUTAL SLAYER BEING THE ONLY ONE WITH THAT ABILITY HOLY SHIT.

Still like the direction you're going, shit's way less of a headache than what people kept throwing out there before. Also, if you want to open up the trait thing, consider just... Making the traits specifically call out "hey you can take this trait even if you have another in its category".
>>
Would any of you kind gents be willing to upload the In The Company of Treants pdf file?
I looked through the troves and found nothing. It's from Rite Publishing.
>>
>>52589125
This OP seems more likely to be a jab at animeposter than an actual animepost.
>>
What games are currently recruiting and have reliable GMs? I'm not interested in hearing about bad GMs.
>>
>>52589324
@$$/file/in155x
>>
File: 8989123253.jpg (57KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
8989123253.jpg
57KB, 320x310px
>>52589125

How's this?
>>
>>52589264
>I'd also just prefer to just spread BS's gimmick around
I'd love to see it as an alchemist's discovery.
>>
>>52589264
Honestly I believe heavy "feat tax fixers" should not be a thing. I believe even the Elephant in the Room goes a bit too far when deadly agility is factored in.

Personally when I run games I instead change it so that you only get the automatic feats once you qualify. Meaning Power Attack still requires 13 Str to activate.

>Also, if you want to open up the trait thing, consider just... Making the traits specifically call out "hey you can take this trait even if you have another in its category".
This is probably by far the best bet, just adding a Special clause to these traits.

If I were to really go the whole nine yards I would include these abilities as class features for certain classes. As an example a Barbarian does not need Str -> Fort but could use Str -> Nat Armor.

I would personally get rid of Uncanny/Improved Uncanny/Danger Sense and replace it with a talent like ability where they choose from a list of defensive abilities, similar to how Legendary Rogue does it. One of them being Str -> Nat Armor. Str -> Initiative would be added as a rage power.

A UC Fighter instead would probably have Str -> Fort Saves as an AAT and Str -> Initiative as an AWT.

UC Cavalier would have it as an Oath as well as Str to give benefits to his animal. Str -> Fort and Str-> Nat armor would be their given ones to choose from.

UC Gunslinger, another full BaB class wouldn't have a Str based ability because they don't use strength.

Rangers would get something added early on at no cost, but be weaker than the Cavalier/Fighter/Barb ones.

Paladin and Bloodrager are a harder bet for where this stuff fits as they're for the most part better. Overall they need a slightly weaker version, particularly paladin who doesn't need more saving throw class feature support.
>>
>>52589443
Shardwalkers is recruiting and has Argentum, who is a known factor
WWW is recruiting and has Broodie, who hasn't GM'd for /pfg/ before, but isn't going to flake because they're in a memegame and they'd never hear the end of it
Blingmaker is less of a known quantity, as is BitF
>>
If I'm doing a rewrite of them to make combat maneuvers a usable option in a fight *without* specific investment in them, does something need to be done about their AoO situation? It's a harsh thing to put a prospective user through just to do a basic action, especially for the ones whose goal to begin with is to prevent the enemy from being able to attack effectively.
>>
>>52589443
Shardwalkers is the only game currently recruiting that I'd implicitly trust.
>>
>>52589511
Shardwalkers probably has the best GM reputation attached, yeah.
>>
>>52589474
This is all part of my "overall talent class features are a good thing" game design. Talents let you build how you want and focus on what you want, as well as providing meaningful choice as you level up. As well they're not as castrated as feats in the fact feats have to be made so that they don't step on anyone's toes. Talents only have to be focused on how one class interacts with them.

The only issue to adding them as a talent class feature is classes that don't have one. Inquisitor is an example of a class with no "talents".

>>52589471
An alchemist discovery would make sense.
>>
>>52589480
>>52589511
>>52589524
Thanks. I might apply to Shardwalkers. I'm tired of bamboozles and no-shows.
>>
>>52589526
>>52589474
>>52589126
>>52589015
>>52589057
>DHB has literally 0 concept what good game design is
Surprise surprise
>>
>>52589474
Not saying the feat tax fixers are right, just that they're the thing that trigger autists. Some feat prerequisites SHOULD be waived, but there are still some that do in fact need to still be there. Such as with Power Attack.

I still don't agree with taking ANYTHING away from Constitution, and would MUCH RATHER just slap Brutal Slayer and steal its lunch money in regards to feat design. That said, the natural armor thing, if you TOTALLY IGNORE Path of War, is pretty nice. If you made it something that monks can get with their bonus feats that would be pretty swell, too. Lord knows the Monk bonus feat list needs some serious love.
>>
>>52589474
Feat tax fixers are fine as long as they're not giving out all the feats at once for nothing. Even "you get it as soon as you qualify" is too lenient. They should just come with the feats that try to require them instead, as pack-in perks.

And neither Power Attack nor Weapon Finesse is included on any sane "feat tax" list - they have useful desirable benefits that users will take for their own sake, unlike Dodge, IUS or Combat Expertise. You'd take them for their regular benefits, not just because they're prerequisites. Ergo they're not tax feats.
>>
>>52589553
>Shitposter has literally no arguments
Surprise surprise.
>>
>>52589457
wut
>>
>>52589481
Trouble is that if you take out the AoO before attempting any, you have to rewrite all the Improved [maneuver] feats. Maybe that's okay, just something to keep in mind.
>>
File: 1482814865014.jpg (125KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
1482814865014.jpg
125KB, 600x849px
>>52589474

>I believe even the Elephant in the Room goes a bit too far when deadly agility is factored in.

Really? This again? Why does everyone think Elephant in the Room is overpowered with Deadly Agility?
>>
>>52589610
Because there are too many goddamn factors and people just knee-jerk that shit so they can start arguments.
>>
>>52589574
sendspace.com/file/in155x
>>
>>52589610
For the most part it isn't just with Deadly Agility. It's more making it so Dex characters need to Str what so ever.

In my mind if a Dex character wishes to dump Str they should have to spend a feat on Piranha Strike rather than get Power Attack for free.

Weapon Finesse should simply be part of the Finesse weapon quality and part of the Light Weapon category rather than a feat.

>>52589557
I would argue otherwise. Just because you're taking something because it gives a benefit does not mean it is a tax. I qualify what is a tax by being forced to take it no matter what (seeing a martial without Power Attack is extremely rare), taking it for too small of benefit (improved combat maneuver feats), or taking it only as a prereq (dodge, though dodge would be fine if it was just +2).

>>52589555
> If you made it something that monks can get with their bonus feats that would be pretty swell, too. Lord knows the Monk bonus feat list needs some serious love.
Dear lord I forgot monks existed.

I would add it as a Ki Power for UC monks if I did it as anything.
>>
>>52589656
Thanks a lot m8
>>
>>52589443
If they were reliable, they wouldn't need to recruit from /pfg/, now would they?
>>
What is your fucking PROBLEM /pfg/?
>>
>>52589819
autism
>>
>>52589819
I'm really sick and just want to fap and go to bed, but I have a game to DM tonight.
>>
>>52589819
Witchwolf Skinwalkers not being STR/WIS
>>
What if we killed Fighting Defensively and just pasted Combat Expertise over it. And then added "Fighting Recklessly" for the damage option. Both as basic system things. Then to mirror the two-handed functionality of boosting Fighting Recklessly to +3 damage per -1 attack, Fighting Defensively gets a one-handed benefit for +2 AC per -1 attack. Just so they take up equal page space, see.
>>
>>52589819
I run more games than is healthy.
>>
I didn't ask about your PERSONAL problems. I meant why the fuck are you doing THIS >>52589575 horseshit?
Can't you just be a bunch of actual fucking adults and leave it alone?
We don't come on here and shit all over YOUR threads you know!
>>
>>52589708
No. Nooooo. Please, make the bonus feat list not feel like a total fucking joke for base UMonks. I can only think of like, two feats on there that aren't ass.
>>
>>52589865
Maybe if your game actually had interesting classes...
>>
File: 1487759457996.jpg (2MB, 3137x4684px) Image search: [Google]
1487759457996.jpg
2MB, 3137x4684px
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Does your character own a grooming kit? If not how do you live with yourself?
>>
>>52589865
>We don't come on here and shit all over YOUR threads you know!
Could have fooled me
>>
>>52589865
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

FEEL OUR PAIN
>>
>>52589865
We wouldn't fucking notice if you did.
>>
Horseshit like this is the REAL reason nobody likes Pathfinder anymore.
On this general you have ALLOWED yourselves to become parodies of the worst sorts of gamers and apparently collectively decided that doing nothing at all about it was just EASIER.
>>
File: 1385965178613.png (245KB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
1385965178613.png
245KB, 500x311px
>>52589865
That's fucking hilarious. It's like they picked the trashiest fox girl they could find just to spite you, they couldn't be bothered to find an actually good one.
>>
>>52589966
lol ok

just satly you're not in the cabal
>>
What would be the biggest upset right now for /pfg/? What character development, game cancellation or even plot change would generate the greatest amount of salt?
>>
>>52589966
We're having fun
>>
>>52589887
I currently do opposite of the reality, for some reason. My last few female PCs just go smelly and hairy, and my last few male PCs search high and low for bathing spots, carry like 2lbs of soap and perfume everywhere, and keep meticulously hairless everywhere but the hair ontop of their heads.
>>
>>52589865
YOU WILL DIE WITH US
>>
>>52589838
Fuck, this makes me so angry
>>
>>52589982
Blingmaker bamboozled
>>
>>52589887
Actually, yes.

Chantelise Elfes-et-Demi, half giant/half elf myrmidon owns one.
Saboten owns one
Morgase Mhartis owns one
Suzuki no Nagato owns one
Corvo Faolain owns one
Nico Baine owns one
Rongyu Weian owned one, as well as a collapsible tub he carried around.
Vice Gransenic owned one.
>>
>>52589985
I'm not. I fucking hate the majority of /pfg/ and how they play games. "lewd", "comfy", and "SoL" are fucking plagues. Especially "lewd". I wish that had never taken off.

It's just fucking astounding how starved for physical contact /pfg/ is that they have to pretend to get their jollies online.

Even more so when this is brought up people will react with "yeah, no character interaction, stat blocks only, final destination" as an insult for not wanting "lewd" or "ERP", as if the only character interactions possible are sexual ones.

It's fucking laughable. More than anything I feel sorry for most /pfg/ players that they're so unable to find physical intimacy that they need this as a substitute.
>>
>>52589887
None of them do, but they make sure to bathe.
>>
>>52589982
Do other generals do this weird circlejerk thing about every game and character they have on roll20?
>>
>>52590040
Ok but I'm having fun
>>
>>52589982
Rory not eventually being booted for doing something colossally stupid.
>>
>>52590053
Can't we have fun without "lewd"? Is the only way to have fun "lewd"? Because if so that says a lot.
>>
>>52589015
>>52589057
Nice memes.
>>
>>52589865
Oh, so the shitposter is harassing you too now so you're gonna come an yell at the rest of us. Nice.
>>
File: aku pain.png (580KB, 1004x754px) Image search: [Google]
aku pain.png
580KB, 1004x754px
>>52590078
it's just shitposting, anon. Nobody actually does this, Right guys?
>>
>>52590102
It's most likely one of their own doing it for fun because they know it bothers everyone.
>>
>>52590005
>Skinwalkers make great Brutal Slayers!
>The most thematically appropriate Skinwalker who are fluffed as ambushing and wrecking the shit out of people, are witchwolves!
>WITCHWOLVES ARE CON/WIS

It's kind of mitigated if you take VMC Barbarian though, I guess, and just power attack and shit.
>>
>>52590078
Why should we, I'm enjoying it with
>>
>>52590078
Not the guy you are responding to and not even a "lewd" player. I just hate that argument of "Oh so you can't have fun without BLANK?"

Yes, he can likely have fun without lewdness. But he has fun with lewdness and has the means to have said fun with like minded individuals.

What I don't get is why it makes you so upset that they are having fun in a way that is different than your fun.
>>
>>52590005
>>52590129
Why does starting at "only" 18 Strength bother people so much? It's still a person with phenominal strength at that point.
>>
Are kitsune catching on in /5eg/? >>52589612
>>
>>52590164
>he actually buys all the way up to 18 STR without bonuses
What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>52590161
Because anon its badwrongfun
>>
>>52590174
Waiting for /5eg/ games so I can ditch /pfg/ permanently.
>>
>>52590040
At least some people are aware of it.
>>52590102
Your shitposter starts threads of this general so consistently that people who don't know RPG's could GENUINELY make assumptions about Pathfinder being a game about playing overdeveloped underaged monster girl anime characters.

Forgive me if I simply assumed the rest of you were okay with it, because RIGHT NOW your thread image is the least absurd one I've seen for /pfg/ in months, and it is STILL a fucking furry.
>>
>>52590161
More than anything I just get upset that when I get into game through /tg/, through game finder threads, I find people who want take no for an answer when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I have had to simply leave games before because it became obvious people were there to ERP and not to play, or because they wanted "cute" interactions shopping for dresses.

I just feel like the odd man out because I want to adventure and not either describe sexual acts or describe dress patterns.

I wouldn't have a problem if it didn't feel like it happened where ever I turned.
>>
>>52590174
I was hoping people would just get the fuck over them instead of it getting worse and worse then spreading to the normie masses. This is such a shitty timeline.
>>
>>52590161
>What I don't get is why it makes you so upset that they are having fun in a way that is different than your fun.
Because right now the noise in this general is drowning out the signal. We can't have a discussion of pathfinder mechanics because everybody's too busy going on about Valeria this and Rory that and Gloriana's glorious pussy.
>>
>>52590201
Why should I care
>>
>>52590201
Oh you don't know the half of it. This fucker keeps posting threads when the previous is on page fucking six, consistently. The rest of us are just screaming internally, and can't do much about it other than yell.
>>
>>52590195
Better start one before /pfg/ culture fully infects them, then.
>>
>>52590194
What drives a man to this though...
>>
>>52590164
I mean, I know. I can settle for 16 STR and use bonuses to get it to 18 STR from racials, but thematically, I want my Witchwolf Skinwalkers to be good Brutal Slayers because godDAMMIT it should work, but it doesn't and isn't the most optimal. I mean, hey, I can still be a good brutal slayer, but I want to be a very badass wolf.
>>
>>52590233
He secretly wants to have the badwrongfun
>>
>>52590225
You could start alternative threads or something?
>>
>>52590210
We actually can and do have those discussions, we've been talking about strength fixes for the last two threads

This is a red herring argument.
>>
>>52590267
>He doesn't know the pain of dueling generals
Oh, my sweet summer child.
>>
>>52590207
I have honestly never encountered this. But then again I play IRL

>>52590210
This /pfg/ seems like many that I have been in. 4chan in general is a game of roulette. Sometimes you get great threads, more often you get shit ones. Yelling at trolls and shitposters won't make it better.
>>
>>52590252
>>52590233
>>52590194
It's just that several times I have gotten into games through /tg/ and even through /pfg/ long ago before the major game craze, and it seems like more often than not the game dissolves into that. The campaign grinds to a halt as people would rather just be 'comfy' and have 'SoL' activities than adventure.

Honestly I do think those people have shit taste, but if it didn't effect me I wouldn't care. I just care because it keeps effecting me.
>>
>>52590201
As someone who isn't into lewds or playing anime characters half the time I click /pfg/ is just to save the cute fox girl and then I get stuck discussing shit because I forgot I love pathfinder.

I usually play crazy snowflake characters like Human Fighter and Human Sorcerer or even a Half Elf Ranger that one time.
>>
>>52590286
>I have honestly never encountered this. But then again I play IRL
I have never encountered in with meatspace groups either besides one unfortunate encounter. It's an online thing.
>>
I want to have tea with Valeriya!
>>
>>52590252
Now that is lewd

>>52590241
>Yeah its good, but its not OPTIMAL
Fuck off and die. Take the fluffly good build and stop crying about it
>>
>>52590297
>I forgot I love pathfinder.
Lucky. I always forget I hate it until some mechanical discussion pops up or I read through a new book.
>>
>>52590286
>I have honestly never encountered this. But then again I play IRL
Found the male!
>>
>>52590290
No /pfg/ game has dissolved into that. Stop projecting.
>>
>>52590290
> I have gotten into games through /tg/ and even through /pfg/
WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH WOULD YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH A GROUP OF CHANNERS?

Your chances of a creep skyrocket. I understand finding a online group but still
>>
File: BaitDontCare.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
BaitDontCare.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>52590201
>>52590267
>least absurd one I've seen for /pfg/ in months
We've literally had "normal D&D thread images" earlier this week, it goes in cycles, you just don't pay attention until you see the shitty OPs because you're too busy being a faggot.

>start alternative threads or something
>wanting dueling threads so people have YET ANOTHER reason to yell at us for random bullshit out of 90% of the thread's control
>wanting the faggot OP to post another Hitler OP and chase away more people
>>
>>52590316
I can grit my teeth and take it. Hell, I can even take basic Skinwalker and just fluff it as being a werewolf, but that just ticks me off. Maybe if there was a class or archetype that was CON/WIS, I'd use it, but... still. It's just a tiny thing.
>>
>>52590352
I think we should just Kitsune posting /5eg/
>>
>>52590279
We do though.
Our normal one won. Just now.
>>
Time for shipping.

>Aida x Essa: Unshackled Love
>Aida x Orlan: Venus In Furs
>Aida x Shanan: Desert Cat Corners Street Rat

>Gamze x Essa: Like Rabbits
>Gamze x Orlan: A Lady and Her Knight
>Gamze x Shanan: The Princess and the Pauper

>Iolanthe x Essa: "Hey kid, wanna /uu/?"
>Iolanthe x Orlan: Donna Quixote and Ivan Pancho's Totally Bogus Journey
>Iolanthe x Shanan: Ara Ara~bian Niiiiiiights~!

>Orlan x Essa: ???
>Shanan x Essa: ???

Grab a ship, rate a ship, name a ship. Essa gets 5 ships due to extenuating circumstances
>>
>>52590352
We typically go through four generals in a day, the ONE that goes up around 5AM GMT usually doesn't have anime, I assume because the animefag is sleeping at that time.
>>
>>52590352
Wtf happened wit this hitler bullshit? Did jolly freak out and call us all degenfags or something?
>>
>>52590386
It insane how devoted he is though.
>>
>>52590396
No, some asshole literally posted a hitler picture as an op saying 'Has any of your characters ever been a painter'

The irony being we have two painter/sword people in /pfg/ games right now
>>
>>52590396
Our local /pol/faggot posted Hitler in the OP and it apparently ran Jolly off.
>>
Does anyone else remember the fact DHB likes anime? Am I the only one? He fucking supports anime OPs through implicit consent.

Or maybe he's the fucking anime poster himself.
>>
>>52590362
Congratulations, you don't have a dedicated shitposter who makes sure to keep the shit thread alive. I'm sure if you keep congratulating yourselves for this you surely won't attract said shitposter to you.
>>
>>52590408
I don't actually think it's just one anon. I've noticed most kitsuneposter threads shoot up to 7 IPs or so and hover around there for the first 20-30 posts. After that point most figure the shitty thread isn't being ignored and start to move over there.
>>
>>52590396
No, some false flagger posted an OP image of Hitler and tried to call it "Painter edition" or something dumb like that, trying to claim Nazi threads were better than weeb threads.

The second his thread got deleted, he posted a second one that was purposefully as weeaboo as possible and samefagged trying to get people to believe it wasn't his thread
>>
File: hugs.jpg (172KB, 750x926px) Image search: [Google]
hugs.jpg
172KB, 750x926px
>>52590421
>People liking anime
>On an anime image board

Well I never.
>>
>>52590362
You get a few victories. This is new for 5e, so the mods catch wise to it faster.

Now that he's sent his sights on you guys it's only a matter of time.

You have my condolences.
>>
So it looks like the troll who makes the anime OPs in these threads is now expanding his efforts to 5eg as well
>>
>>52590308

She seems like a delightful person to have tea with!
>>
I got a question, when in doubt, defensive or offensive feats first?

>>52587706
I always muse how Paizo Kitsune are supposed to be foxfolk but everyone makes them fox kemonomimis anyway
>>
>>52590446
Honestly i'm just impressed at this point
>>
>>52590442
Where the fuck did all these normals come from?
>>
>>52590449
Offensive first, your enemies can't hurt you if they're dead.
>>
>>52590421
You can "like anime" without being a crossboard anime shitposter. That's the majority of people who like anime, FYI.
>>
>>52590449
Offensive.

Defense is worthless in pathfinder if it isn't spells. The enemy can't kill you if they're dead.
>>
>>52590416
It was said Jolly got chased off. I honestly dont gaf about the OP pic. I look at it once, roll my eyes and scroll past it. Hitler is crass, even for /pfg/
>>
File: dps_600x450.jpg (203KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
dps_600x450.jpg
203KB, 600x450px
>>52590449
Offensive.
>>
>>52590475
Jolly is great too
>>
>>52590421
There's "anime" and then there's absolutely shameless weeaboo trash.
>>
File: kill all normies.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kill all normies.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>52590468
"I hate anime, what social media website is best for me"
>Literal anime image board
"Perfect"
>>
>>52590468
As any set gets larger and/or more well known, it attracts more normals. Normals tell their normal friends and it possibly snowballs. 4chan's only defense is its sheer, overwhelming autism. Never forget
>>
>>52590489
Yeah, if that scared him off I'm gonna be legit fucking bummed.
>>
>>52590516
I hope he's not gone. He's good people.
>>
Which splat book lets me build a vermin based druid?
I want centipede swarm forms.
>>
>>52590529
Blood of the beast has a vermin druid archetype, in the ratfolk section, but i don't think its ratfolk exclusive.
>>
Speaking of DHB what tier are his stuff? What about the archetypes?

Anything good?
>>
>>52590308
>>52590447
Is this some kind of new slang? Like Hot Coffee?
>>
>>52590418
Is Jolly a jew? Wtf? It ain't like he hasn't been around often enuf to be offended before.
>>
>>52590482
I demand an xray
>>
So two of our regular players are dipping out for a month. They are on a company vacation out of country. I have three players, possible two. One is dipping in and out of sessions currently due to stress of finding a job.

Anyways, we what is a good AP for me to run for my players in the meantime? We have probably 6-8 sessions.
>>
>>52590542
Anon, sometimes a beverage is just a beverage.
>>
>>52590590
The Emerald Spire.
>>
>>52590539
Tier 2:
>>Loremaster UC Fighter

Tier 3:
>Bootleg Alchemist UC Gunslinger
>Mutation Master UC Fighter
>Wyvern Rider UC Cavalier

Tier 4:
>Base UC Fighter
>Warmaster UC Fighter
>Blood Tainted UC Fighter
>Crossbow Master UC Fighter
>Base UC Cavalier
>Hound Master UC Cavalier
>Knight of the Patchwork Banner UC Cavalier
>Base UC Gunslinger
>Motley Gunman UC Gunslinger
>Construct Tinkerer UC Gunslinger

However I put them in high tier 4 in the same way Ranger, Paladin, and Vigilante are high tier 4.
>>
>>52590590
run a few shorties modules, you can't really run an AP, but you can probably run some modules
>>
>>52590529
Ultimate Magic has stats for Vermin companions

If you can settle for a familiar then there is the Blight Druid from the Advanced Players guide
>>
>>52590475
>It was said Jolly got chased off.
I don't think it's true, though. Hitlerthread only lasted about 20 minutes. I know the other FFS dev was active at the time, but they were in the old thread. Jolly's just not been very active here as of late, even before the Hitlerthread.

>I honestly dont gaf about the OP pic. I look at it once, roll my eyes and scroll past it.
The problem is that it's gotten to a level that now that garbage is our image to the rest of /tg/. It leads to shit like we're seeing here where one troll heads over to shitpost in /5eg/ and now we're all being accused of some kind of general raid.
>>
>>52590623
No seriously, blood of the best has a vermin druid.
>>
>>52590616
I realize I wasn't going to run a full AP, but the group still wants a story, something we may do in the future.
>>
>>52590654
Modules have stories, go for em.
>>
>>52590596
https://pastebin.com/5mL0eJUd

>[01:03] * Casimir smiles widely, "You were not alone in the suffering down there. That place was an absolute dungeon of misery. Are you sure you won't come in for a cup of tea to keep you warm?"
>>
>>52590672
I want to have a cup of tea with Casimir and fall asleep cradled in his strong arms.
>>
>>52590366
>tfw no one wants to ship
>>
>>52590694
just let it be DHB fetishist anon
>>
>>52590694
>tfw no one cares about the game you're in
>>
File: DaddyHB.png (68KB, 509x94px) Image search: [Google]
DaddyHB.png
68KB, 509x94px
>>52590710
>>
>>52590542

What do you mean? Valeriya likes tea and she especially enjoys having it with people!
>>
>>52590694
There may yet be hope for this trash hole.
>>
>>52583592
Since my ass was schleep for this:

That combination to four stats is one I've seen bandied about before, and is pretty solidly balanced. There are several ways to slice it, mostly based on giving each new stat equal representation and/or deciding which mental stats cannibalize which.

Personally, I'd go with
Strength: determines melee/thrown to hit and damage, Fort Saves, HP.
Dexterity: determines ranged and finesse to hit and damage, initiative, unarmored or light armored AC.
Intelligence: Eats the perceptive skills of Wis. Determines to hit and save DC of spells for classically Int and Wis based casters.
Charisma: Will saves, determines to hit and save DC of spells for classically Cha based casters

Reflex goes down like 4e: higher of Int or Dex. The physical stats get more stuff because they don't get to affect spells.

There is also going for complete parity in stats, but that would require refocusing a lot of mechanics. It would basically look like this:

Strength gives you physical damage and a saving throw against physical damage.
Dex gives you physical to hit and acts as AC against physical attacks
Int gives you mental to hit and acts as AC against mental attacks
Cha gives you mental damage and grants a mental saving throw.
>>
>>52588065
Oreads.
>>
If I get a feat that lets me add a stat bonus to my damage rolls, is that on top on the bonus from Str, or does it replace it entirely?
>>
>>52589481
What you say combat maneuvers don't provoke on the first use, but any subsequent attempts on someone who's seen you do that one in the same day provoke AoOs? Too complex?
>>
>>52590749

Honestly, as long as we quarantine the obsession to one or two games then we're good.
>>
>>52590351
Your chance of running with people who give a damn go up too.

Gotta take the good with the bad and if you post in /pfg/ you're probably a creep anyway.
>>
>>52590795
Depends on the feat. It usually says if it replaces or adds in the feat itself.
>>
File: 001 (3).png (36KB, 285x281px) Image search: [Google]
001 (3).png
36KB, 285x281px
>>52590694
What are you even shipping?
>>
>>52590815
No, it was worse if anything when that was the case, because then it was a bunch of campaign chatroom garbage that had no reason to be using our thread at all except their insane need to circlejerk in public view.

A little cancer is still cancer, it's always bad.
>>
>>52590854
>An elf MILF trying to get her groove back
>Some guy from Brevoy
>A not-quite-Turkish moeblob
>A cheetah girl
>Totally-not-Aladdin-you-guys
>A sleepy reverse trap who might secretly be smuggling watermelons.
>>
>>52590903
Its shit

Stop trying to make DHB your waifu anon, its weird.
>>
>>52587706
>Pathfinder only has furry kitsunes in it
worst part of the system.
>>
>>52590928
best part imo
But I am a degenerate so
>>
>>52590910
No need to be upset, anon. Nobody, especially not DHB, is going to listen to some random asshole when he starts posting bra/dick sizes.
>>
>>52590768
All the planetouched races are pretty interesting to me, but you hardly ever see anybody talking about them.
>>
>>52590949
Yes, I'm sure you enjoy being able to fuck animals in-game like you do in real life.
>>
>>52590928
But I can't properly be a dickass French trickster if my fox-man looks like an anime character.
>>
>>52590960
pretty much yes.
>>
>>52590964
Can't be one as an animal either.
>>
File: Etan.png (147KB, 578x964px) Image search: [Google]
Etan.png
147KB, 578x964px
>>52590964
>implying
>>
File: uya_by_nemamiah17-d86qmbj.png (714KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
uya_by_nemamiah17-d86qmbj.png
714KB, 1024x576px
>>52590928
>kitsunes are a player race and not just monsters
>>
>>52590999
Thats a real human bean though!
>>
File: Etan's home.gif (3MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Etan's home.gif
3MB, 320x320px
>>52591019
>>
>>52590290
>It's just that several times I have gotten into games through /tg/ and even through /pfg/ long ago before the major game craze, and it seems like more often than not the game dissolves into that.
That kind of thing hasn't really happened as of late, probably in part due to the scrutiny the thread places on players and characters during the application process. The only ERP misstep I can think of as of late is Rory leaking logs without consent. No games have been broken up, nor have players been pushed out due to overly aggressive ERPers.
>>
File: ss (2017-04-07 at 02.30.48).jpg (298KB, 788x883px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-04-07 at 02.30.48).jpg
298KB, 788x883px
>>52590534
Found it but it seems set on just a vermin swarm form so no access to giant centipede
>>
>>52590999
>Hasn't pissed in children's eyes
>Hasn't fucked a rabbit in the ass
>Hasn't raped a guy's wife
Do you even Reynard, bro?
>>
>>52591062
Familiar can become a swarm though

its fucking stronk.
>>
>>52591062
>Having to play a R@

Fucking never.
>>
>>52590959
Outside of Aasimar/Tieflings being stupid good mechanically, the elemental planetouched feel like going to the "planar being gave me the bad touch" well too often.

A general planetouched race with subraces based on which planar being fucked your parents would be nice moving forward.

Has anyone ever played Doubletime Advancement in PF? Where characters gain two levels of class abilities per level up, except for spellcasting and numerical increases like SA damage?
>>
>>52591085
Its actually not ratfolk exclusive
>>
>>52591085
Racial Heritage is your friend.
>>
>>52591115
Racial Heritage was the greatest mistake in all of Pathfinder.
>>
>>52591068
Sounds like a typical Frenchman.
>>
>>52591068
Etan has been to the Eiffel Tower, though. Sounds like more of a tourist to me.
>>
>>52591115
>playing someone who had an ancestor that fucked a r@

Just as bad tbqh senpai
>>
>>52591160
More proof that just like Rory, he's the shittiest character of his game

No hate, though, his player is a cool dude. I just like to rag on RotJR
>>
>>52591115
>>52591135
>>52591164
See >>52591093
>>
>>52591164
You don't have to the archetype isn't ratfolk exclusive

Plz listen to me
>>
>>52591164
Or a guy who was raised by rats.
>>
>>52591203
That's not how racial heritage works, anon.
>>
>>52591093
Yeah, that's what I trying to figure out. wither it was exclusive to race or it was just added in the book as bonus class options. it doesn't verbatim say that you have to play as a rat and since one of the kitsune archtypes has that description I'm leaning on it's open to anybody.

>>52591115
>decedent from rats
Is there anything humans can't do?
>>
>>52591251
Humanity fucks, yeah.
>>
>>52591251
SMASH THE R@
>>
>>52591203
I just realized that you can have an aasimar with the alternate trait that makes them more human, Racial Heritage for another race and the Adopted trait for yet another. Now to figure out what to do with all that.
>>
>>52591093
>>52591186
>>52591188
>>52591251
It's pretty obvious to anybody with half a brain that all the options listed in Blood of the Beast are racially locked.
>>
>>52591275
Depends on the GM.

I've had GMs tell me that Scion of Humanity/Pass For Human won't allow me to take humans-only feats, FCBs, or traits.
>>
>>52591279
Actually none of them are racially locked at all, Per RAW
>>
>>52591279
Well, here it is guys. The stupidest post of the thread.
>>
>>52591275
Half-elves still do it better. They naturally count as:
>Half-Elf
>Human
>Elf
>Drow
>>
>>52591279
Of course they do.

Anyone with a full brain knows that unless the character option in question denotes a racial lock, it's an open choice.
>>
File: tumblr_nnlu1psdmS1rawb5do1_500.jpg (143KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnlu1psdmS1rawb5do1_500.jpg
143KB, 500x290px
>>52591270
SPLAT THE RAT
>>
>>52591316
Oh something is gonna go splat on that rat
>>
>>52591324
But I want to splat inside the R@.
>>
What's the correct course of action when someone knocks you prone in melee? What does you the least harm?
>>
>>52591335
Why not both
>>
>>52591294
>>52591307
>>52591313
Oh that's right, I forgot where I was: home of people so RAWtistic that they don't understand how context clues work. Have fun when your DM laughs you out of the room.
>>
File: blush.jpg (33KB, 323x720px) Image search: [Google]
blush.jpg
33KB, 323x720px
>>52591350
>>
>>52591361
If you read the book it actually specifically says the archetypes are not racially locked
>>
>>52591343
Pretend to be dead.
>>
>>52591343
Call for help from your allies.

Remember, talking is a free action!
>>
>>52591343
See if you can still use the Withdraw action by rolling/crawling/scrambling. Even if it's at reduced speed, it's something, and your allies might be able to get in the way.
>>
>>52591291
Assuming the DM is lenient then?

>>52591308
And what can you do with all that? Also wouldn't only half drow count for drow options?
>>
>>52591361
The context clue I was using is that the archetypes in the book which are racially locked explicitly situate themselves in lore unique to the race, and have a line denoting that they can only be taken by members of the race.

As opposed to the vermin druid which is distinctly an open race archetype with agnostic lore that makes zero mention of race or tradition.
>>
>>52591361
>Catfolk have two archetypes for wisdom casters in their section
>They have a wisdom penalty, and the archetypes don't change anything off of wisdom
>But the archetypes are TOTALLY ONLY FOR CATFOLK

Really makes me think.
>>
File: img000006.png (23KB, 257x337px) Image search: [Google]
img000006.png
23KB, 257x337px
>>52591343
Stand up and eat AoOs. Paizo designed this condition so that anything you do that's useful results in the exact same consequence, and nothing matters.
>>
What's the easiest way to cause an enemy to become helpless using Spheres of Power?
Sleep, Paralyze, etc. type effects.
>>
>>52591377
Show me where it says this. Why even have a race splatbook if the options aren't racially locked?
>>
What's the best infiltration/espionage inquisition? From what I've seen it seems Clandestine is the best.
>>
>>52591411
>And what can you do with all that? Also wouldn't only half drow count for drow options?
BoS opened up counting as drow to all Half-Elves, IIRC.
>>
>>52591483
you have to take a racial trait that changes your languages to drow languages, but yes
>>
>>52591279
Did you even Read the book?
Next to None of them are racial locked.
The luck mancer states anyone with a racial "luck" effect qualifies, and even points out the Human Luck Feat and Halfling racial trait.
>>
>>52591461
see
>>52591514
>>
>>52591408
You don't get standard movement options while prone, only crawl. Move 5ft, eat AoO.
>>
>>52591461
Because the archetypes, while not racially locked, are still connected to and used more by those races.
>>
>>52591434
The ARG is full of this kind of thing and those ones are definitely race locked (see the Ifrit Inquisitor for example). Paizo has never been good at this kind of thing.
>>
File: file.png (814KB, 877x1111px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
814KB, 877x1111px
>Check out BotB because people are arguing over it
I see Paizo knows their audience.
>>
>>52591456
Make them an armorist.
>>
>>52591461
"Although some catfolk venerate elven and human
deities, the traditional worship of the so-called “spirits
of creation” is by far the most prevalent religion among
their kind, especially in the catfolk nation of Murraseth.
The serendipitous, shamanistic rites associated with this
faith focus upon attracting good fortune and banishing ill
fortune in the name of these spirits. Although the ancient
practices of the serendipity shaman were once exclusive to
the mysterious catfolk nation, the catfolk’s curiosity and
willingness to travel have spread them across Golarion,
where today many with a tendency toward good fortune
embrace the faith.
Limited Calling: A shaman must have a racial trait with
“luck” in its name to select this archetype, such as cat’s
luck or half ling luck. A character with the Defiant LuckARG
feat also qualifies for this archetype

Really makes you think
>>
>>52591544
ha
that's actually funny
>>
>>52591543
Fucking Augunas

>>52591540
The ARG also specifically race-locks those archetypes, Blood of the Beast actually pretty clearly does not race lock them
>>
>>52591461
Read. The. Book.
It's in the fuckin trove

Things that are lock State They are Locked. It's not that hard.
>>
>>52591543
Hey man, Kitsune aren't the worst thing. The art isn't that offensive. Wasn't there art of some blue mage kitsune guy? That was pretty cool actually.
>>
>>52591543
It's funny.

I actually really like the art Paizo gets of the furry kitsune. Augunas' shit us goddamn fugly, but the stuff paizo gets is generally pretty good.

Actually, I recall a while back hearing that in earlier Kitsune myths, they could run the gamut between 'fox' and 'human', a sliding scale rather than 'ONE OR THE OTHER FINAL DESTINATION.'
>>
>>52591581
Indeed, when an archetype says its racially locked, it literally says it

Like so

From the SAME BOOK

"Nine-Tailed Heir (Sorcerer Archetype)
Tian stories often tell of kitsune with multiple tails, but
not many realize that fewer than one kitsune in every
thousand has this potential, and those that do usually
have a magical quirk in their blood or have been blessed
by their race’s deific matron, Daikitsu. As a result, most
that harness the mystic powers of their newfound
tails often gain sorcerous powers,
becoming nine-tailed heirs.
This archetype is available only
to kitsune characters"

Therefore unless an archetype says its locked, its not locked
>>
File: file.png (855KB, 740x1278px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
855KB, 740x1278px
>>52591591
Nothing wrong with this or that anon. Between this book and Inner Sea Intrigue though, I'm convinced Paizo knows /pfg/, among other certain sorts of communities exist.
>>
>>52591616
I thought Augunas' terrible art was actually drawn by some other guy who does furry porn.
>>
>>52591514
>>52591519
>The book specifically says the archetypes are not racially locked
>Show me where it says this
>Here's a single ability providing an explicit exception to racial locking

Good try, anons.
>>
>>52591661
No, unless an archetype states its locked, it is not locked

See the nine tailed heir, the only archetype in the book that states its racially locked

Why would it state that if all the archetypes were locked

It wouldn't

THEREFORE THOSE ARCHETYPES ARE AVAILABLE TO LITERALLY ANYONE
>>
>>52591279
nothing on the page says you have to play as a rat http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/paizo-druid-archetypes/swarm-monger/

>>52591514
>>52591294
only the kitsune nine tail heir sorcerer explicitly says it's only for kitsune, which leads me to believe ones that don't explicitly say so are open and the description are just fluff,
>>
>>52591661
See >>52591619
>>
>>52591661
Racial archetypes say they are racial you dumb fuck, see >>52591619
>>
>>52591553
>>52591581
>>52591619
>>52591681
>>52591685
>>52591686
>>52591690
You idiots are hopeless. I'm done trying to explain common sense to you morons.
>>
>>52591729
>Get blown the fuck around

>Run away like a child because you have no arguments

Classic.
>>
>>52591456
Death and Mind sphere are probably good places to look. Even Life sphere has some debuffing now.
>>
File: 1413587849291.jpg (3KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1413587849291.jpg
3KB, 160x160px
>>52591729
>>
>>52591729
This is actually kind of spectacular. Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
>>
>>52591657

Indeed; Jacob Blackmon. Not sure if Augunas is buddies with him, or he just has good rates, but his art shows up in a lot of Augunas' third-party work, to many people's fear and dismay.
>>
>>52591729
Nevermind I was wrong, this is the stupidest post in the thread.
>>
>>52591729
>Uniting our fractious general for the first time in a while simply by playing the role of the common moron
He's the hero we need and the hero we deserve.
>>
File: CxDMRQ9UQAA_kuv.jpg (94KB, 475x739px) Image search: [Google]
CxDMRQ9UQAA_kuv.jpg
94KB, 475x739px
>>52591591

Compared to the art Augunas typically uses, this is pretty rad.
>>
>>52591794
See, I like this stuff.

They look like actual... y'know. Foxes.

Rather than the 'generic furry face' that Augunas always gets.
>>
>>52591764
>tfw there are some really good furry artists out there too that would KILL to get paid to draw non-sexual shit

I just don't understand.
>>
>>52591825
It's not what you know, it's who you know.
>>
>>52591794
That's like the second or third time I have seen fox-like fox people look good.

I'll still probably stick with just ears, eyes, and teeth though.
>>
>>52591825
Wasn't the original furry porn artist all
>This isn't even hot, I can't believe how much I'm being paid to draw this shit
?
>>
I'm just saying someone like Accelo would probably kill for an opportunity to do art outside of porn

>>52591866
Lots of furry porn artists are like that, furries pay retarded amount for porn.
>>
So I was doing some more homebrewing for the setting I had originally planned to run the revolution AP in.

How the AP is proposed to be written has made its design enormously complicated, to the point I am not considering sweeping changes to bring some overall simplification.

However this has not stopped me from brewing some archetypes for particular races.

For those who want to look at the races (haven't ported over the partially done archetypes or the rest of the feats yet) head over here:
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WHL10oJslOkQlm8cgm2rXm88BQPzgNjQq3fAhUMg7b8/edit?usp=sharing

Now for what each race is getting this is what it looks like:
>Borovoi
Vigilante archetype theme'd as the "Grove Stalker", a protector of Borovoi communities and tradition who take on the archetype of a racial paragon of the Borovoi.

Ranger archetype gaining a plant companion and being far more plant than animal theme'd

>Vodyanoy
Anti-paladin archetype centered on their religion. The archetype is Neutral Evil and casting focused, where the anti-paladin forged a pact with an evil water spirit occupying a chalice, and can feed it souls to gain a number of benefits.

Alchemist archetype founded around not only Vodyanoy's noxious skin but bootleg brewing, as that's a major part of their recent racial identity.

>Rusalka
Sorcerer archetype focusing on their siren origins.

Bard archetype focusing on seduction, coercion, etc. This one is meant to give them a number of "high society" abilities that come into play when dealing with the wealthy and powerful.

>Domovoi
UC Rogue archetype that is theme'd after that "hidden hose helper", gets bonuses to craft and profession skills as well as a large focus on stealth (with effects like move without trace, invisibility, etc.)

>Kikimora
Witch archetype focused on their origins as a human haunting spirit, with abilities that make use of dreams/sleep.

Honestly I may drop the 2nd archetypes from ones with two.
>>
File: V3lLhbo.png (820KB, 789x588px) Image search: [Google]
V3lLhbo.png
820KB, 789x588px
>>52591863
>not tail
It's like you don't want to [Touch Fluffy Tail].
>>
>>52591888
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nyHPIcbn88
>>
New bread, homeslices

>>52591909
>>52591909
>>52591909
>>
>>52591941
IS THIS A 5E RAID?
>>
>>52591955
Obviously. Let's go with it!
>>
>>52591639

http://paizo.com/products/btpy9oo8/discuss?Pathfinder-Player-Companion-Blood-of-the-Beast#45

A dev post that made the rounds prior to the book's release:

>Here's something I don't share often enough: I'm not a furry. I don't associate with that fandom, and when I was asked to come aboard on this project, I told Owen flat-out that the "furry folk" theme, as you called it, worried me. I really don't need any more people in my local PFS lodge assuming anything else about me. Owen, however, quickly convinced me that this wasn't the case with Blood of the Beast, and I felt foolish for thinking that he was going for a "furry folk" theme with this product. After all, I had forgotten the Rule of Owen; first and foremost, Owen is a genius.
>>
This week in discord: vult whines about a three week old app to a game he's running because he thinks he's a victim.
>>
>>52591997
Can you stop witch-hunting vult

Or if you're vult can you stop false flagging

Nobody cares.
>>
>>52591997
Fuck off, Vult. Nobody cares about your game, even when you pretend to be people that do.
>>
>>52591997
This week in faggotry: you.
>>
>>52592047
Well, this week in faggotry is definitely >>52591729, but >>52591997 makes a fine runner up.
>>
>>52592016
>>52592020

When did this falseflag meme start?
>>
>>52592129
Pirates, mostly.
>>
>>52592129
Months ago

I don't even care whose doing it, its like the rorylogs

I just want it to stop
>>
>>52591877
Yeah, that's basically it.

People might want to draw nonsexual shit and get paid for it, but at the end of the day, degenerate smut PAYS BILLS.
>>
New App to BitF.
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4844265/character-applications/?pageforid=4882665#post-4882665

>steals Gloriana's char art
Poor form.
>>
>>52592347
>steals generic anime character art
>poor form

OHHH NOOOO
>>
>>52592347
10/10 app. Would put her through Gorumite bootcamp.
>>
>>52592356
>steals generic anime art USED BY A SUCCESSFUL APP
It's poor form weather you like it or not. I hope the GM disquals you just for that, in fact. And I hope every GM from now on auto-rejects you on sight for being so unoriginal.
>>
File: djeetapopsicle.jpg (155KB, 504x500px) Image search: [Google]
djeetapopsicle.jpg
155KB, 504x500px
>>52592347
>thinking that it's not to be voiced by miyuki sawashiro, and be a granblue waifu
>"b-but it's stealing from muh literal gutter app"
Okay.
>>
>>52592407
>abloo bloo someone used a generic waifu art DISQUALIFIED OFF WITH YOUR HEAD

nigga them using generic shitty waifu art in general should have been a bad sign, not that someone else successfully used it
>>
>>52592347
Lol, unless you drew it, you got zero claim on it. Even then, nobody give a shit.
>>
>>52592482
>mfw people bring up the fact I used art from a character in another game I have no clue about.
>mfw I wasn't even trying to make a waifu as well.
>>
File: 11OJV2zUZRVL3y.gif (968KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
11OJV2zUZRVL3y.gif
968KB, 245x245px
>>52592570
>mfw I forgot my face.
>>
>>52592347
I'm still considering applying to BitF with a Hobgoblin UC Legendary Rogue military scout on the Molthuni side.
>>
>>52593139
Do it.
>>
File: PZO9240-Kitsune.jpg (144KB, 831x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO9240-Kitsune.jpg
144KB, 831x1000px
>>52591616
>>
>>52591896
Ashcorp is something else.
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.