[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just realized I created a medieval knight character, backstory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: jojojojo.png (1MB, 905x614px) Image search: [Google]
jojojojo.png
1MB, 905x614px
I just realized I created a medieval knight character, backstory and all, for an extremely futuristic and technology based setting.

Is there anyway I can salvage this?
>>
Lightsaber.
>>
>>52583916
Roll with it.
>>
>>52583916
Don Quixote IN SPAAAAACE!
>>
>>52583916
By have him become a hardcore Crusader Kings LARPer (due to his familiarity) and end the campaign in retaking both Constantinople and the Holy Land.
>>
>>52583965
Reminds me of The High Crusade. It's a HFY book written in 1960 by Poul Anderson about crusaders who hijack a spaceship and proceed to conquer a space empire, but never get back to Jerusalem because they lost the way back to Earth.

Up until the very end in the epilogue, when a ship which was actually launched by Israeli Space Navy finds them. Awkward...
>>
>>52583955
I once thought about doing a "Don Quixote thrown into the wrong time period" type character. But then I realized that that is just regular Don Quixote.
>>
>>52583916

Keep the character concept, but rewrite his backstory to fit into the setting better.

You can be a chivalrous honorable big guy in any setting.
>>
>>52583916
Play 40kRPG duh.
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 231x218px
>>
>>52583916
play a space marine

FOR THE EMPRAH!
>>
>>52583916
It's simple, OP, you just GOTTA GET BACK
>>
>>52583916
Just put the words 'cyber' 'exo' 'neo' or 'space' in front of every noun and you should be fine
>>
File: GreenKnight.png (760KB, 1459x2494px) Image search: [Google]
GreenKnight.png
760KB, 1459x2494px
Consider the following
>>
>>52584846
>Cyber-knight
>Has all psionic powers
Rifts
>>
>>52583916
Bullshit. How does this happen by accident?
Did your group discuss the setting at all before building characters, or did your GM just say "we're playing [universal system] at power level [number], make whatever you want"?
>>
File: travis.jpg (41KB, 418x460px) Image search: [Google]
travis.jpg
41KB, 418x460px
>>52583916
>>
>>52583916
>upper class
>expensive combat gear and vehicles
>trained his entire life
>serves someone with higher social status

Everything else is optional
>>
>>52590995
Basically, the GM never specified the setting was futuristic. I was also confused when it had the same dwarf and elf races.

The only thing he said that would have really imply sci-fi was about how humans have discovered space travel.
But still no specifications on how, so I chalked it up as magic.

I just found out it was sci-fi when the other guys that probably knew more about it, posted characters that were clearly using advanced technology.
>>
>>52583946
kek
>>
>>52584429
THIS MOTHERFUCKER'S A MANLY MOTHERFUCKER!
>>
Just fucking say that he's a knight out of his own time period and he GOTTA GET BACK
>>
>>52583916
battletech?
>>
>>52591321
Clearly, you should just play it straight.
>>
>>52592293
seconded
just play the knight
>>
File: 1441682572572-0.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1441682572572-0.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>>52583916
You could still be the dutiful servant of whatever lord the setting will allow. Politician, corporate lord, old money family, fringe religious sect. Your outdated code of honor could be a beacon of light and decency that the setting is missing. It would help if you were legally some kind of authority meant to intervene like a sheriff or Judge Dread.

I did something similar with a cyber paladin. It was post-apocalypse setting, and my PC was mas built to be a counter to the kind of threats that setting should produce. Had things like infrared eye, could interface with tech, enhanced legs and one large cyborg arm to hack through robots. But left enough flesh intact to still channel mystic abilities like sensing spirits, or adding holy damage to attacks. Played it straight in a way that the PC used an odd vocabulary that would refer to technology in spiritual terms. Even had weird bias for seeing mutations as profane. Regarded all gear as belonging to the order and body belonging to god. More than a little WH40k.
>>
>>52591321
Your GM is shit if he can't even provide basic information about the setting to build characters off of.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.