[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ok anon, what would you say is your character's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 26

File: 1428610459714.png (228KB, 404x314px) Image search: [Google]
1428610459714.png
228KB, 404x314px
>Ok anon, what would you say is your character's greatest fear?
>>
>>52580060
Having a third casualty in his pokemon team. That's why he doesn't carry around x4 vulnerable pokemon no more.
>>
File: Baaaaaahbob.jpg (17KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Baaaaaahbob.jpg
17KB, 300x225px
>Not being strong enough
>Not having a weapon
>That he secretly has no fear
>That he becomes TOO strong
>That he is not powerful enough
>>
>>52580089
That must be really awkward when that happens. How is a 10 year old kid meant to deal with the fact they killed some Hiker's Onix with a bubblebeam?
>>
>>52580060
That everything will go well up until the very last moment.
That would mean all his friends die again, being enslaved rather than employed by the primary antagonist, and eventually going back to the wall of souls again. He's already lost everything at least once, just never everything at the same time.
>>
>>52580060
He is found.
>>
>>52580312
>A five simultaneously.
>>
Dying with his oath unfulfilled.
>>
>>52580382
What he said, but it will eventually become a fear of what his family thinks of him
>>
>>52580060
1st character: Losing a woman he loves the way he lost his mentor. Really, losing anyone he cares about.
2nd character: That all his struggle against tyranny is for naught and nothing he does will ever change the world.
3rd character. That he will die before he can save as many as he possibly can in his life.
>>
File: 1471999021105.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1471999021105.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
>>52580378
>>
>>52580345
I was in a short-lived PTA game where a helping hand boosted bubble took out one of Brock's Geodudes from damn near full health in the weird team battle format our GM was using.
8x damage + STAB was insane.

As a group we decided we just wanted light hearted fun times from our Pokemon game and took death off the table, as a result.
>>
File: scan0001.jpg (669KB, 1626x2010px) Image search: [Google]
scan0001.jpg
669KB, 1626x2010px
>>52580060
That one day he'll hurt somebody he cares about in a fit of rage.
>>
>>52580060
He has a recurring nightmare involving literal death by snu snu. The only races in his homeland were humans, so when he learned about half-orcs he immediately began to question how they came to exist and spent the rest of the night awake in horror.
>>
>>52580060
Falling out of popularity and becoming irrelevant.
>>
>>52580060

His GREATEST fear? Fuck, that's a hard one.

Kid's an Eva pilot in a specifically horror-themed AdEva game.

Right now, his greatest fear is that he isn't a real person and will be replaced. He found out there is a machine in his chest that is keeping his body from falling apart into LCL again (he and the other pilots were fished out of a lake of LCL left over from second impact) but no one can seem to tell where he was a real person who existed before second impact, who was 'revived'... or if he and the other pilots are just a mashup of totally unrelated memories and personality traits taken from hundreds of different people that THINKS its one person.

In the former case, if his stabilizer flickers he pops like a balloon, but his soul goes wherever souls go and he might even be revived again.

In the later, he doesn't actually have a soul. Just a soul-like object. One that will cease to exist entirely if anything happens to the device in his chest, never to be recovered because it was never really there.

The most terrifying thing to him is that he might tang, and they will just repair and re-use his stabilizer to make an entirely new person that doesn't have anything in common with him and doesn't remember being him at all.
>>
File: Nervous Ryder.webm (646KB, 420x460px) Image search: [Google]
Nervous Ryder.webm
646KB, 420x460px
>>52580312
>That he runs of out ammo, heh.
>>
He's pretty fucking afraid of magic in general, but especially the posibility of a witch cursing him.
He's an uncultured brutish barbarian, with a passable intelligence but extreme anger issues and paranoia about all things magic.
>>
Running out of enemies to fight.

He's come to define himself solely by the damage he inflicts on his enemies, so the concept of having no one to fight would leave him without any sort of identity or purpose.
>>
>>52580345
> That must be really awkward when that happens.
It is. My character is not 10 y.o. tho, I'm the group's adult at a whoppin, pas his prime 24 y.o.

I have never caused the death of an opponent's pokemon, and one of my two mines came from a wild spearow's critical hit on a peck. Sooo...

Also, I am a professor / scientist / petrologist, so there is a change I bring them back from the great beyond.
>>
Killing someone who doesn't deserve it. Simply beating someone nearly to death got him to quit the boxing circuit after hearsay hyped his opponent up as a real beast in the ring, but it was just exaggeration spread around by the other boxer and his friends.
>>
>>52580675

Lame as fuuuuuck.

You are being too superficial. Someone like that doesn't define themselves by their conflict and enemies like that for no reason. They are running from something, either physically or emotionally.

That thing they are running from? That's what they are really afraid of. They aren't afraid of not having an enemy to throw themselves into battle against, they are afraid of going off and starting a life and having something to lose again.
>>
>>52580729
This is only war, man.

The only purpose in life he's ever been given is fighting the enemies of man in a grinding war. Before that, he wanted an irradiated wasteland caring not at all if he lived or died, because no one else cared either.

But coming to grips with the enemy has given him purpose, meaning. For once in his miserable life, his life has value, if only to be spent on the blades of the enemy.

To lose that, and return to having nothing, to being nothing, is his greatest fear.
>>
>>52580060
Spiders
>>
>>52580629
> The most terrifying thing to him is that he might tang, and they will just repair and re-use his stabilizer to make an entirely new person that doesn't have anything in common with him and doesn't remember being him at all.
>>
That it's not his kid
>>
>>52580747
Sounds like garbage desu
>>
Death of a team mate, probably. He's a wizard who survived a Ravenloft campaign, so good luck scaring him with monsters and standard horror fare. He thinks werewolves are funny, since Remove Curse doesn't have a save and doesn't require an attack roll. Even an antimagic zone isn't too bad, since he has such a high CON that his HP is comparable to the fighter's, so he could probably survive long enough to escape. The only time he's lost a team mate was from PVP when someone decided to be a dick and murder an NPC the rest of the party liked. So, death of a friend/team mate would be about the only thing to shake him.
>>
>>52580060
Commitment.
>>
>>52580060
>that he's what people say he is
>>
>>52580060
like, maybe wolves?
>>
>>52580060
Failure
>>
>>52580060
All the work he's done will be for nothing. The people he saved will just go on to cause more death.
>>
>>52580345
>How is a 10 year old kid meant to deal with the fact they killed some Hiker's Onix with a bubblebeam?

How is a 10 year old meant to violently subdue wild animals and force them to fight each other for money?

Pokemon trainers are psychopaths. Normal kids don't abandon their homes and educations to participate in a glorified cockfighting tournament.
>>
>>52581170
Those wild animals attack children at random and fight each other all the time in the wild. The fact that they can disobey any trainer they see as "weak" indicates that they retain free will even after being captured or traded. They haven't rebelled against mankind despite being free-willed and some among their number being capable of casually reducing entire cities to ashes.

In short? You're not a cockfighter, you're a boxing coach for a bunch of creatures that exist specifically to fight each other. The League rules regulate Pokemon battles, not to keep the Trainers from going too far, but to keep the POKEMON from going too far.

They regularly kill each other and humans in the wild. They LOVE fighting, and if anything as a Trainer you're keeping that in check.
>>
File: 1358805715766.jpg (313KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1358805715766.jpg
313KB, 1200x1200px
>>52580060
that someone finds out he's a chicken
>>
>>52581170
Well, they normally get given a super animal of their own to start with the subduing, and the miraculous super technology does whatever's left that you don't want to ascribe to the power of friendship.
>>
>>52580060
>this was supposed to be a mfw thread
>>
>>52580060
Failing his anscetors
>>
>>52581170
>>52581224
For an example beyond Pokedex entries and generalized behavior, look to the Sun&Moon anime.

Mimikyu willingly joins Team Rocket for the sole reason that this gives it a chance to MURDER PIKACHU, and whatever eldritch babbling it keeps doing is blood-curdling enough that Meowth REFUSES to translate it.
>>
>>52581314
>That filename
God damn it anon I can't sleep when I'm laughing this much
>>
>>52580060
Losing all of his gold

Dying as a nobody

Dying without flipping the biggest bird to anyone who is above him socially/economically/magically
>>
>>52580060
Faced with this situation, I remembered my wizard had memorized the Banish Vermin ritual and decided he was scared of rats.
>>
>>52580060
His greatest fear? To love again. The last time he did it, he was exiled from his homeland on pain of death.
>>
>>52580060
Loosing his honor.
Not being able to stop his younger brother from the dark path he is taking.
Being afraid.

Thats his top three for sure.
>>
>>52580060
All of their work going to nothing. And it's a LOT of work that's taken a LOT of time.
>>
>>52580060
Becoming just as crazy as the rest of the group.
>>
That all of the spirits he saved would die, forgotten and unworshiped
it might have already happened
>>
>>52580060
His greatest fear is an encounter that cannot be solved by application of axe to face. He has faced this fear several times in our current campaign. Our DM even made a little SAN loss chart to portray his descent into madness when this happens.
>>
>>52580060
Toss up between finding all his men are in fact dead or that the Jedi council was right his master's teachings wrong.
>>
>>52580060
Snakes. No, clowns. Snakeclowns.
>>
>>52580060
Dying alone.
>>
>>52581706
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQhQ9nfWUGQ
>>
>>52581706
Now is this a snake dressed as a clown or a clown made of snakes?
>>
>>52580494
I feel like part of this is due to a miscalulation somewhere. Have 2 types both weak to an attack is 4x effective, not 8x. Also stab in PTA is, like, +1 per 5 levels i recall? Peanuts compared to your rolled damage and stat.
>>
>>52580766
Hello /v/
>>
File: 1000 yard stare.jpg (82KB, 1200x772px) Image search: [Google]
1000 yard stare.jpg
82KB, 1200x772px
Hell
>>
>>52582053
The former.
>>
>>52580060
Growing old.

Why do you think she's an adventurer? Get lich or die tryin'
>>
>>52582134
I have a couple players in this position.

They're going about resolving it in very different ways.
>>
>>52582126
christ that is unsettling
>>
>>52582133
That's understandable
>>
>>52580477
For number three, he had no need of fear, for whenever he dies he has saved as many as you can.
>>
>>52580060

That one day the mix of poppy juice and gin he drinks regularly will stop working, and the pain will start to seep back into his bones. They say five months, but poison doesn't leave, ever. The one accurate thing that's said about the sting is this: "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."
>>
Commitment
Dying alone
Both at once.
>>
Galen Vezh's greatest fear is a cage. Entrapment. Slavery to another. This is why he fled his family for the Blasted Lands, giving up his title and treasury. Money is worth nothing if it is only to be spent as you are told.

Mohelius Evilskull McGenocide fears little; his greatest fear is to slight his destiny as Conquering King, and leave mankind a shattered remnant of its potential glory.

Moyolejuani fears the reaper above all else; he stole a chunk of the Heart of God so that he would never die, and is instead working on Peace In Our Time... His timeline is just very much longer than most.
>>
The team not taking his offer to be his servants (on paper) when he was to reveal that he's still fiend pacted and now Lawful Evil.

He cares about the party and doesn't want to have to go full Devilman on them, because opposing him would be opposing one of the more powerful demon lords and would result in them being hunted down.

Especially because the team tank is in love with him and knowing that he's evil would be painful enough.
>>
He fear intense light because it might blind to him of his path
>>
Watching her husband and kids die just like her parents and brothers.
>>
attractive, intelligent women.
>>
Emus and other large, flightless birds.
>>
>>52580060
>Being alone.
>Being unimportant.
>Being useless.
>Being forgotten.
>Being a failure.

Damn, that's five too many characters.
>>
That the power he wields with either turn him into a remorseless killer or he'll lose it and realize he's nothing without it.
He's the only character in the setting with a gun.
>>
File: ancient elf problems.png (37KB, 146x134px) Image search: [Google]
ancient elf problems.png
37KB, 146x134px
>>52581721
>>
>>52582629
women
>>
Being broke and one of the common people.
>>
Having their tendons cut.
>>
>>52580060
Having his hammock sown shut and being dumped into the sea.
>>
>>52580060
That he won't be the hero his daughter thinks he is.
>>
>>52580060
HEALTHY PLUS SIZED STRONK WOMYN
>>
>>52581224
Haha no it's slavery and team rocket proves this
>>
>>52580060
Being buried alive.
>>
>>52580060
Bees.
>>
>>52580060
Encountering the Undead again..
>>
Mind flayers

Why do you think I wear this greathelm everywhere I go? No I won't take it off if I do they can eat my brain!
>>
>>52580060
>"You're not a cleric, John, you're very sick. You need help!"
>>
Having a tree fall on him. He's been killed that way before.
>>
>>52580060

>"Uhhh, having sex with many beautiful women, and finding valuable, non-cursed loot."
>>
>>52580060
Owlbears
>>
>>52580060
That his family gets hurt by any of the shit he's murdered
>>
>>52580060
Not finishing his quest and having his druid circle die out.
>>
>>52580060
His greates fear is to die alone and unloved.
>>
>>52580060
Whatever the fuck it was that slaughtered the town he was supposed to be guarding. Sort of. Simultaneously afraid and really really wants to kill the thing.
>>
Mom.
>>
Dying alone.
His endgoal is to fake inheriting all of the money he stole and go get married in an island
>>
File: noh.jpg (48KB, 699x396px) Image search: [Google]
noh.jpg
48KB, 699x396px
>>52584376
I see what you're trying to pull here. Now, what is your character REALLY is afraid of?
>>
>>52580060
Loosing all his money.
>>
>>52584696

>"Nah man, I swear, it is all in his tragic backstory. You did read my 50 page backstory right?"
>>
>>52584701
He should just tighten his purse.
>>
>>52584716
Roll Will to resist fatal heart attack.
>>
The biggest fear my current PC has is realizing that the world has moved past him and has no hope of catching up.
>>
>>52581230
Underrated
>>
>>52583656
You mean the mafia that the talking Meowth could leave at any time he wanted, but doesn't because his only friends are there?
>>
File: 1325901592352.jpg (649KB, 900x1393px) Image search: [Google]
1325901592352.jpg
649KB, 900x1393px
>>52580060
Well, the party recently had a run-in with an ancient and eldritch entity. That shook her up pretty bad, especially since she's the only one who understood just how ridiculously out of their depth they were.

Luckily it just did a bit of minor fuckery, tried to tempt them into warlock pacts, then let them go on their way.
>>
That his people are what everyone says they are and all his attempts to better himself are just putting a dangerous creature closer to innocent people
>>
>>52580060
He's simple minded and ocassionaly hears voices, he fears losing control and becoming an animal again.
Funny thing is: i plan on taking him on that route and turn into an animal again for a while in the next sessions.
>>
>>52580747
Literal dog shit backstory.
>I LIVE ONLY TO FIGHT
Most boring characters. I bet your character does nothing at all in instances requiring actual roleplay. If it's not combat, I bet you just zone right out.
>>
Disease and starvation are my character's greatest fears, I'd say. He's a hunter who lives with a tribe of people in the forest, and starvation and disease are very real dangers. Dangers that can not be fought off with an axe. He fears no animal in all the forest, nor likely any animal living in any other manner of wilderness. But if you showed him microorganisms of disease, he'd shudder in disgust and fright once you explained what it was.
>>
>>52580060
That all the work they've put into understanding the universe was wasted getting to a place they were at the whole time.
>>
That life has no purpose and we're all merely actors on someone elses stage.
>>
My paladin's greatest fear is that he will succumb to his most evil desires that he fights hard to resist many times in his life consensual hand holding.
>>
>>52580060
A fun mix of commitment issues, trust issues, and abandonment issues.
>>
His greatest fear is accepting that he is his past incarnation who was a cold blooded killer.
>>
That his adventuring will never be a stepping stone to greater things.
>>
>>52580060
Losing the sight of what is good and what is true.
Having to observe injustice without power to stop it.
>>
>>52580060
Shaq
>>
>>52580060
Failing all the people who are expecting great things of him.
>>
>>52580060
I would say his family losing their prestige and place in society.

After secretly offing his secretly serial killer/necromancer older brother, he is the next heir to the family. He feels he's inadequate and the family will fall to ruin in his hands but he'll try nonetheless.
>>
>>52580060
Never transforming from his current warforged state back into a human and thus never be able to drink/eat/fuck ever again
>>
>>52586388
>>52580729
>>52580849
Faggots that have never volunteered for war detected

>Someone like that doesn't define themselves by their conflict and enemies like that for no reason. They are running from something, either physically or emotionally.

Nice armchair psychology there
>>
>>52581230
How is it that after all these years of seeing this image here, it just now clicked for me that this is an Animaniacs reference
>>
>>52580060
Well my PC wants to be the very best, like no one ever was. He travelled long, across the lands, searching far and wide, for magic items, to understand, the power of +1.
>>
>>52580060
I'd have to go with fear of failure. The idea that he won't be able to reclaim the rightful place of his people is so horrifying to him that he outright refuses to consider it, masking it like he masks everything in a gigantic god complex.
>>
>>52580477
Is it you big boss?
>>
>>52580060
Blindness/being unable to see
>>
>>52580060

Being sent home by the party wizard.
>>
>>52580060
Coming to the conclusion that his god isn't real and that he's fighting for a cause without a true foundation.
>>
>>52580060
commitment
>>
>>52580060
Alimony
>>
>>52581170
They would if they could.
>>
>>52580060
Being left completely alone, with no one to rely on
>>
>>52580060
"Failure."
>>
>>52595169
I guess that most GMs don't like that as a fear, but how about this?
>Character fears every failure, no matter the size, because they believe that every single failure could be their demise, trying the hardest not to fail, even when failure has no big effect and trying to be perfect might harm them
>ideally they learn that not every failure is horrific and that sometimes you need to fail something to learn from it and improve yourself
>>
>>52580060
For various characters:
>Tie between aunt Freyda and spiders
>Deep water
>Accidentally killing people
>>
>>52580060
She can't bring her father back no matter how hard she tries.
>>
>>52580060
For my paladin... probably powerlessness. Far more than chaos. She ENJOYS crusading.

For the wizard... I'd say losing her commoner husband first and dying of old age second, but the long-term plan is to become a lich, and then turn the husband into another immortal, maybe a vampire.
No sense of right and wrong, but she's adamant death shouldn't do them part.
>>
That he will never see his daughter again especially because of his own cowardice when she was taken.
>>
>>52595266
I mean, I meant it as something generic and unsatisfying, but it's real in my case. Big burly barbarian is afraid of protecting the people who matter, ie, who aren't big burly barbarians capable of taking care of themselves.
>>
>>52588305
>volunteering to die for whatever not-even-worth-tweeting-for cause comes up this week

I bet you think your honor and loyalty will be rewarded in the next life. I wish.
>>
>>52580060
The enemy I chose as a flaw at character creation catching-up to them. Sure we are both garbage nobles who left our home empire but my character robbed them during their journey to get his own kick started. Set his travel time back a good half a year.
>>
>>52580060
After almost killing her younger sister because she couldn't fully control her powers yet her fear has flitted between her family hating and disowning her, her sister dying or the simple fact that humans are so utterly fragile to her, like little porcelain dolls.
>>
>>52580060
She fears that one day she will meet her husband again, that she will falter in her service of Justice and her vow, failing to strike him down, and that her triumphant husband will realize his ultimate goal of corrupting her into the Dark Mother for legions of monstrous offspring.
>>
>>52580060
Before finding out about the conspiracy?
Spiders

On finding out about the conspiracy?
That her boyfriend was in on it.

On finding out her boyfriend was in on it?
That she was nothing but a puppet.

On, incorrectly, assuming she wasn't a puppet?
She now lives in fear that the plug will be pulled on everything and she'll be killed to erase evidence.

At least in that regard she's safe. She's not an experiment but the final product. If the conspiracy was blown wide open she'll instead be trotted out like a prized bull to show that despite everything, it had worked.
>>
His death, because if he dies his god will go with him.
>>
Sean Harrison, Wolfbane Commando I played in a short lived Mutant Chronicles game.

Sean's greatest fear is being buried alive, this is going back to his national service days as a young man only a year or so out of academy where he was deployed to Mars on the McCraig Line, D sector, and seeing the platoon in the next section over get burried alive in the mud, blood, and shit of their own trench during a particularly fierce artillery bombardment from the opposing Capitolians. Shit stayed with him ever since.
>>
>>52580060
>character's greatest fear

My characters greatest fear is of the great god known as "GM", a mysterious being capable of utterly destroying his life on a whim.
>>
>>52580508
Nice art friendo

Answering the question, my guy is actually paranoid, and I mean full delusion mode. His biggest fears are not catching threats (assassins and attacks out of no where were really common) and losing another party (he's survived two TPK's). He's also the primary thing keeping the party safe right now because a) he has a good danger sense ability at this point, b) this time the party listens to him, and c) he's gotten really good at fortifying locations/ setting up traps
>>
File: 1449789370011.jpg (210KB, 820x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1449789370011.jpg
210KB, 820x1250px
That his daughter will find out daddy couldn't save her like he promised and had to violate his principles to bring her back to 'life' so he didn't have to admit he failed his only love.
>>
>>52580060
Amounting to nothing and dying alone and forgotten.

Accomplishing everything he dreamed of and finding out that it's still not enough to make him happy
>>
Dying without a cause
>>
>>52580060

That he hasn't found his calling and he'll go back to being the same incompetent failure of a person he was before.
>>
Death and disease. Her fear of the inevitability of death is what prompted her to become an alchemist in the first place. To find a cure for death so she never has to experience it.

Also spiders. She's afraid of spiders.
>>
>>52582126

Wow, this actress is really nailing that -
>it's real
>>
File: IMG_1397.jpg (54KB, 640x506px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1397.jpg
54KB, 640x506px
>child support
>>
>>52580060
Failure and/or loneliness. I can't decide.
>>
>>52580060
Bees
>>
>>52580060
Clean water.
>>
>>52580060
>Castration.
>>
>>52580060
That she'll stay dead forever and never be able to go home.
>>
That he'll meet his mother and whether he'll be able to resist killing her. As then he would never be able to face his father again.
>>
>>52580060
1) being a failure

2) that she will never know what being truly free of all facades is

3) Disapointing her superiors

4) That all the defeatist things she was taught to tell herself are actually true and that she is less than human
>>
>>52580060
It's probably failure.

He's extremely intelligent and so prideful it borders on unreasonable. The day that he's proven worthless, or right before death takes him, that will be the time when fear actually takes hold of him. Because he will have been wrong.
>>
>>52580913
Going though Strahd right now with my Eldritch Knight. She didn't have any fears until now.

Fear of dying and her soul not beingl be able to pass on. Fear of never being able to get strong enough to rescue her sister from the magic mafia. Fear that she'll never get to live her dream of a great adventuring hero. Fear of what she might become through curses or worse. Fear of fates worse than death.

All from Ravenloft, lol. But hey if she survives she'll be a much stronger person.
>>
>>52581230
This gets me avery time.
Fantastic cartoon, also
>>
File: 1481130353739.png (291KB, 750x366px) Image search: [Google]
1481130353739.png
291KB, 750x366px
Being alone.
Or more precisely, being such a failure that everyone leaves them.
>>
File: 1489740226085.jpg (43KB, 720x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489740226085.jpg
43KB, 720x600px
>>52580060
That the rest of the party will discover that the Elf's gf is not "in hiding" but is in fact dead and that he killed her
>>
Depends. Early in the game, he was afraid of his daddy. After decapitating him, putting his head on a pike, and eating his heart in front of a hundred spectators he begins to fear that it runs in the blood and he will eventually become as insane and brutal as his father.

Currently he's on his way to hell to hug it out with his dad, since the party was heading there to kill some demons anyway.
>>
Nog too dumb for be afraid.
>>
>>52611976
Oh also I should add fear of why Strahd wants her to come to Castle Ravenloft to meet him.
>>
Skeletons.
>>
>>52580060
"An unimaginative GM"
>>
>>52580060
Seeing his old ship and crew again.
>>
>>52580060
My current character's backstory is kinda edgelord in that all they were robbed of all they hold dear, left to travel aimlessly for a time, in search of purpose.

Now their greatest fear is that there was something to do, something to save, if only they were bold enough to act then and there. Even if it was against overwhelming odds, and not wallow in self-pity and apathy.

Fear of regret, I suppose?
>>
>>52580060
Being such a failure his new group betrays him like his old tribe did. That or knowing his ancestors are ashamed of him.

For my other character I guess it would be knowing that all of his work to save his people will forever be in vain due to some new great power enslaving them each time he bests their old masters.
>>
>>52598890
She should conceal. Don't feel.
>>
>>52580060
>your character's greatest fear?
A shitty DM
>>
Facing the fact that she was regularly sold as sex slave to bunch of dock workers as a child. And the fact she has burnt down an entire tavern with people in it, when she made a pact with the devil and then became a Warlock.
>>
File: 1482148395147.jpg (47KB, 531x691px) Image search: [Google]
1482148395147.jpg
47KB, 531x691px
>>52580060
>Nothing to fear but fear itself
>>
File: 1485064683105.gif (607KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1485064683105.gif
607KB, 300x169px
>>52580060

>MFW I always go with spiders as my character's biggest fear.
>>
>>52580060
That the various patrons he's cheated out of their powers will track him down and make him suffer in one way or another.
>>
>>52580060
My characters afraid of good luck and lots of gold.
>>
>>52620456
>The character is german, and thus believes that good luck is always followed by equal bad luck
>he fears that if he has too much good luck right now, that when it turns around it will be so bad that he will be ruined
>he also fears gold, because he knows that the more gold he has the bigger a target he is
FTFY
>>
>>52580508
OH boy it's another "don't get on my dark side kiddo" Is his clothing black and white to show his duality too?
>>
>>52580060
He's got thalassophobia. He is also a crocodile man. Makes for some fun talks.
>>
File: Aegon_the_Conqueror.jpg (703KB, 744x850px) Image search: [Google]
Aegon_the_Conqueror.jpg
703KB, 744x850px
My character has started his own Mercenary Company, he indoctrinates the members into a philosophy he created to make them focus on merciless martial training.
Biggest fear is that one of his two lieutenants -that he bought as child soldiers and trained up until now- will reject his teachings or die since he's began to regard them more as sons then anything.
Turning the philosophy into a Pseudo-Religion at the moment, added a section where followers don't truly die. When they finally fall, it's said that they are resting in meditation in preparation for the 'Final Battle' where they will rise and fight side by side with their Battle-Brothers once again.
>>
File: UYq8g72.jpg (447KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
UYq8g72.jpg
447KB, 1920x1080px
>>52580060
>Ok anon, what would you say is your character's greatest fear?

That we all got a chicken-duck-woman thing waiting for us.
>>
>>52580060
Nuclear war.

It's the height of the Cuban Missile Crisis and my character survived the bombing of Nagasaki as a boy so I figure that's a pretty reasonable thing to fear.
>>
File: kms.png (289KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
kms.png
289KB, 580x326px
>>52584696
>Tfw pulled the Umi-Bozu on my PCs once.
>Had to plan ahead in the event one of them tried to pull the lol no fear card
>Paladin of the Sun God lived in a world with out Light
>Ranger who one-shot everything when he won initiative one-shot the party
>Tribal Witch afraid that her tribe will one day die out and its culture lost. The spirit showed her the future
>Shaman afraid that she would fail her Goddess, ends up getting corrupted.
>Tfw players and I all had the same idea, and nobody tried to cheese it.
It's nice when everyone's on the same page. It's never happened again.
>>
>>52621350
LIIIIIIQUIIIIIIIIIIIIID
>>
>>52580060
Probably being dragged around this shitty Pathfinder premade for another ten levels. Or, similarly, that the druid is going to reincarnate him as something worse than a troglodyte next time he dies.
>>
File: 1322433039588.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1322433039588.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>52580060
Success.
>>
>>52580060
Hell, I don't even know what I'd say MY greatest fear is. I'm afraid of many things, to differing degrees. I had an idea for a character who was phobically afraid of fire, but I never got to play that character.
>>
The death of her House due to infighting over her fathers death without naming a successor, or at least the bloody war that would occur if anyone wanted to dispute the named heir.
>>
>>52580060
True love!
>>
>>52586896
He needs to accept his feelings and embrace Love!
>>
He fears that when he finally manages to resurrect his beloved sister, she won't want to be with him anymore out of fear and loathing for the monster he became to bring her back.
>>
That the organisation she works for will eventually be corrupted by corporate power, and she'll be forced to kill her former comrades to appease the spirits.
>>
>>52580638
I find her weirdly attractive, all the uncanny valley stuff just adds to it, what the hell is wrong with me?
>>
>>52580629

usually I sneer at Evangelion based games but yours seems pretty awesome and thought out, thanks for rekindling my faith anon
>>
>>52580060
>shadowrun ghoul's biggest fears

>devolving into a feral ghoul and needing to be put down by the rest of the players
>not being able to have children
>dying alone
>being found out, arrested and treated as a lab rat, used up in experiments and finally incinerated in the basement of a nameless corp.
>loving someone that can see past being a ghoul
>admitting that eating people doesn't really bother him
>putting his barefoot into a pile of cold dog shit when he puts his shoes on in the morning.
>>
>>52582173
>>52607457
I've got severe PTSD, trust me, that shit is almost its own subtle form of communication.
>pls help me
>>
>>52580060
"Getting free treasure! Getting a blowjob from a cute angel!"

>Well uh, okay. That happens.
"I scream in terror!"
>>
>>52627614
Same here. We're degemerates and / or don't trust human women.
>>
>>52580060
>a badass, one liner-spitting, knight with a shotgun
He's my oldest character, it would probably be the fear of being alone. He's always drifted from army, to team. He's too scared to be alone.
>young bastard barbarian trying to make a name for himself.
His greatest fear would be not living up to his father's name, and at the same time becoming the like the deadbeat his father really is.
>>
>>52580060
Death, forever. Avoiding it is his sole character motivation.
>>
>>52581230
Kek
>>
Natural 1s
>>
>>52580060
Dying before he can do what he wants to to do
>>
>>52582103
Dude. Helping hand boosted. Helping hand is a support move for double battles
>>
File: 1451790172685.jpg (434KB, 1000x3857px) Image search: [Google]
1451790172685.jpg
434KB, 1000x3857px
>Demons and Paladins
>Fucking terrified of both, on the one hand demons destroyed everything his people stood for, on the other hand paladins did the same while claiming the best intentions and then tortured him (Disclaimer: Was actually a bunch of demon worshipers pretending to be Paladins)
Boom, 2easy.
>>
>look at character sheet
>immunity to fear (su)

Uhhh
Wait i know
My character is afraid that if it wasnt for his magically granted immunity to fear he would be a coward!
>>
File: 94bd7c0c614e67bb497d6debf91d49f5.jpg (144KB, 736x1524px) Image search: [Google]
94bd7c0c614e67bb497d6debf91d49f5.jpg
144KB, 736x1524px
That he'll go to 'The Bad' in a real big way.
He's a necromancer with a skeleton army.
A Galadriel-esq Fey predator with his own dark realm.
A high octane Capitalist that owns hundreds of people.
A magnificent planning bastard that's squatted at the center of a web of bullshit level conspiracies that no one knows about.
And the owner of several powerful relics including one or two potently evil ones.

Basically he could go full Lich-lord, or full ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR or something even worse.
Only his own massive guilt complex has stopped him going to the bad in the past and he's feeling less guilty with each morally decent thing he does.
>>
>>52620156
>tfw you meet a cute drider girl seriously into you
>dat fearboner
>>
>>52580060
That someone will learn what his second-greatest fear is.
>>
>>52580060
Having his strength, will, or determination fail and innocents suffering because of it.
>>
He's a barbarian that's the last of his small tribe. It wasn't anything malicious that wiped out his people. Just a wildfire. It left him with some nasty scars. The problem is his people were nomadic. They carried everything with them. The fire destroyed all their belongings, wiped out all traces of them. All that's left is their oral history. He can recite the names and linage of every member of the tribe. He tells stories of their deeds. It remains with him.

His greatest fear is two-fold. Being forgotten himself, and dying, which would mean his family, ancestors, and tribe would also be forgotten.
>>
>>52580060
He values his ability to reason and think freely above all else, so something in the lines of getting feebleminded. Even geas scares the fuck out of him.
>>
File: Antiglobalism.png (77KB, 215x190px) Image search: [Google]
Antiglobalism.png
77KB, 215x190px
>afraid of the bigger towns using globalism to take over his own town and enslaving everyone there using the economy
>afraid of getting his hand chopped off again
>afraid monsters exploding his party, family, and entire town
>really afraid of living trees getting rapey with his wife
>>
>>52580060
>the death of his son
>being poor.
>>
>>52580060
>the crazy 7ft tall monster of a man who threatened to kill his whole family
>the crazy twink with god powers who choked out his party member for no reason
>the immortal tranny terrorist who seems to be stalking him and might molest him

My character doesn't sleep anymore
>>
>>52630321
>that last panel

das it mane
>>
>>52580060
Intimacy.

Oh, and spiders.
>>
>>52580060
Death.
Thread posts: 224
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.