[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you go about making an indestructible PLOT-anium super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2383.jpg (17KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2383.jpg
17KB, 266x400px
How would you go about making an indestructible PLOT-anium super metal?
How would it be used?
What special properties make it useful?
Why would an indestructible (item) function better than a normal metal version?
>>
>>52579822
Well if it's indestructible, it can't be shaped into a weapon.
Meaning it would need to pre-made.
And that alone can limit it.

But being indestructible can mean that no sharpening is needed, some weight and sharpness can theoretically allow it to get through anything, and it's probably more easily enchanted.
>>
>>52579822
Oh, and for future reference OP, if you were being serious about this, make it seem less baity.

Otherwise, if this is bait, disregard this comment and my above advice.
>>
>>52579822
>How would you go about making an indestructible PLOT-anium super metal?
Something along the lines of adamantium where it can only become indestructible if melted in its purest form and cast into molds. Once the cooling process begins the smiths have a very limited time slot to sharpen and shape the blade before it becomes indestructible and unchanging.
>How would it be used?
Weapons is an obvious possibility. Symbols of power and divine catalysts would be another. Someone is going to try and make a golem out of it.
>What special properties make it useful?
It's a perfect heat conductor. Also a perfect magic conductor making enchanting extremely easy compared to other materials (-50% enchanting cost) When it's used as a catalyst or focus for magical effects the power is increased by a good 10%-20%, including enchantments. Small caveat is that it is extremely rare and valuable. Like a Plotanium sword would be worth in the range of 15,000p-25,000gp unenchanted.
>Why would an indestructible (item) function better than a normal metal version?
Never needing to sharpen the blade. You can use it as a tool without worry. It'll last forever so the same sword that King Ivan the first used to kill the Akalich is the same one that his great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandson used to kill the Tarrasque.
>>
>>52579989
You've been on 4chan for too long. How exactly is OP baiting?
>>
File: 1491520515077.jpg (237KB, 1600x1031px) Image search: [Google]
1491520515077.jpg
237KB, 1600x1031px
>>52579822
Can someone tell me the purpose of having a piece of cloth or leather near the handle in two handed swords? Or is it just for fashion
Like in pic related
>>
>>52580310
It's so you can grab it there too.
>>
"thats a nice indestructible sword, it would be a shame if it was banished to another dimension."
-some dick ass wizard.
>>
>>52580354
And its that worth to do
Despite losing the ability to cut with that part anymore?
I mean is there any historic examples of that
>>
>>52580171
It.....erg, I've been here for too long.
People have these 'subtle' bait threads where they try to incite arguments by putting in cliche things of plot and often what people consider railroads.
This felt like one.
>>
Step 1: Indestructium
Step 2: Immovable rod blueprints
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit.
>>
>>52580409
You weren't cutting with that part anyway. Any time you'd possibly cut with that part you could just half-sword it.
>>
>>52580409

Swords arn't always sharpened along the entire edge. The part with the leather wrap was probably done because that part doesn't have a cutting edge and is used with some kind of half sword so the guy doesn't slip his grip while holding it.
>>
File: IMG_3699.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3699.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>52580634
GUYS!

I FOUND THE /B/TARD!
>>
File: 1487906299330.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487906299330.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>52580634
>>
I would make two super metals.

The first metal completely cuts through everything and is impossible to handle because everything "melts" when it's touched.

The second metal is unaffected by the first metal.
>>
>>52580409
Yes there is a LOT of historical precedent. I'd wager it's more common than not
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.