[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 394
Thread images: 28

File: d3a500b5894c429555631906379ab4e7.jpg (170KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
d3a500b5894c429555631906379ab4e7.jpg
170KB, 848x1200px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Have you ever played a plant person, like a ghoran or a gathlain? What were they like? How plant-y were they?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/WMhRUURm

Old thread: >>52576210
>>
File: Storyteller Medium.png (1MB, 1078x1898px) Image search: [Google]
Storyteller Medium.png
1MB, 1078x1898px
>>52579673
I dunno

Hey /pfg/, tell me about your homebrew. What kind of stuff are you working on?
>>
>>52579714
Rhomboids of Martial Prowess
>>
>>52579714
I made a universe where food production is handled by Necromancers making Skeleton farmers and stuff.
>>
File: anon kun.jpg (105KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
anon kun.jpg
105KB, 800x600px
>>52579768
>>
>>52579768
You stole my idea...
>>
>>52579768
>>52579826
Granted, /tg/ has had threads about this for dating back like a decade and I cribbed the idea for my pet setting too.
>>
>>52579714
Let's see... I've got a lot of stuff concurrent

>Akashic Discipline focused on single strikes that deliver devastating debuffs, insane mobility, and high defense. To counteract the issue of boosts/counters/stances all being very killy, there's a couple restrictions- boosts only apply their bonus damage on single strikes, counters focus on moving around and preventing attacks, and stances NEVER grant bonus damage, just improvements on reach, movement, and defense.
>A soulborn conversion as an Akashic/Initiator Hybrid, that uses the aforementioned Akashic discipline.
>Using the PoW fanmade errata and tinkering with it some more
>Potentially looking at the Stregone and remixing it
>>
>all of Dragons 1 are DRAGONS
>all but one of Dragons 2 are also DRAGONS

Can you guess which one isn't?
>>
What's the greatest city to visit in Avistan if you want to have a good week? Like, a nice vacation spot with tons of exciting venues to visit.
>>
>>52579964
Almas, Absalom, maybe Oppara. Westcrown has a fairly cultured scene and a lot of history if you don't mind the atmosphere and having to have your papers in order.
>>
>>52579714
Adapting my setting to be less kitchen sink and more dragon-based high fantasy.
>>
>>52579964
Kaer fucking Maga

Fuck dead chicks, Troll chicks, orc chicks, wizard chicks, gypsy chicks, Caulspawn chicks, vampire spawn chicks, golem chicks, the list goes on and on
>>
Summarize everything bad with all the Blingmaker apps in 3 words or less for each individual app. Go.
>>
>>52580055
DON'T FORGET CHILD SLAVE PROSTITUTES

WOOO DON'T VIOLATE THE NAP
>>
A character is medium sized fighter. He is wielding a large bastard sword, two-handed. Because the weapon is inappropriately sized by one size category, he takes a -2 penalty on attack roles. He is not proficient with the bastard sword (as an exotic weapon) which would allow him to wield it one-handed. This character's total penalty would only be -2, is that correct? Or would the penalty be -6 for non-proficiency?
>>
>>52580080
Applied to Blingmaker
>>
>>52580080
Bamboozled.
>>
>>52580094
>>
>>52580085
Good point, don't fucking touch the fucking NAP unless you want to get facefucked by the fathers of all those chicks we just listed
>>
>>52580094
I'd say he cannot wield it at all because three-handed weapon rules
>>
>>52580156

A bastard sword is a one handed weapon, though a character who has martial proficiency and successful use it without the -4 penalty if he wields it two handed. A one-handed weapon can be made a size larger and yielded by said person, but a two handed weapon (of the same size category) cannot be treated the same way (would be totally unusable by said creature).
>>
>>52580094
He can't wield the weapon at all because he is wielding an inappropriately sized weapon that's too big for him. If he was proficient then he could wield it as a 2H weapon at a -2, or if he was wielding a Large Estoc (non-proficient) it would be a -6.
>>
>>52580080
Maria: Not finished.
Gregory: Vague goals.
Anna: Naivete isn't characterization.
Invictus: Fucking really, dude?
Kyras: Tier five.
Andrei: dude spiders lmao
Tanith: Not finished yet.
Seska: Not finished yet.
Azuk: Chad thunder cock.
Arkas: Fortress of text.
Samanhe: Flat and bland.
Milre: Little Big Boss.
Myrna: dude im hot
Sigmund: Nodachi reeee
Stanislaw: Not finished yet.
Franze: Pretty fucking creepy.
Yoku: Anime
Marcus: Not finished yet.
Antoinette: Myrna plus Arkas
Jarith: Not finished yet.
Harland: Joke already old
Archiplex: A fucking loli
Andrik: Painfully bad format
Harriet: greedy cat lmao
Lyra: dude maids lmao
>>
>>52579890
Nobody will look at any of your stuff until you start to get a reputation as a good homebrewer, probably by making something creative and interesting that people want so it gets eyes on it
>>
>>52580121
>>52580204

Okay. I'll bite the bullet and get the ewp for it then.
>>
STR houserules to add to the normal /pfg/ list coming through. Rebalances strength with dex. If you're using weapon finesse feat taxes, you need to be using this too so you don't have a full party of dexfags.

>If your STR is 15 or greater, gain additional HP per level equal to half your STR modifier.
>If your BAB is +1 or greater and your STR is 15 or greater, you gain the Intimidating Prowess feat as a bonus feat and may use your STR score in place of your DEX for Acrobatics.
>If your STR is 16 or greater, you can choose to use your STR modifier in place of your Constitution modifier for your Fortitude Saves.
>If your STR is 16 or greater, reduce the speed penalty for Medium and Heavy Armor by 5 feet. If your STR 18 or greater, increase your Armor bonus from Medium and Heavy Armor by +1. Increase it by another +1 when your STR is 22 and again at every 4 points of STR.
>If your STR is 18 or higher, you count as one size larger for the purposes of CMB and CMD. If your base size is already Large or Larger, this has no effect.
>The above rules are in place only for creatures defined by their class levels.
>>
>>52580190
http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9qut
The weapon cannot be wielded as a one-handed weapon without having proficiency, so it's still counted as a two-handed martial weapon for the purposes of being able to hold it.
>>
File: FELute.png (231KB, 340x637px) Image search: [Google]
FELute.png
231KB, 340x637px
>>52579890
>stealing other people's stuff instead of slapping them with comments to try to get them working on it

poor form my dude
>>
>>52580227
Better question anon, why are you using a weapon with a -2 to attack and only minor bonuses to damage?
>>
>>52580229

Okay, sure. I thought you meant that he couldn't wield it at all, never ever, not matter what forever.
>>
>>52580207
I know that. I just work slowly and have a lot of trouble with setting deadlines for myself. I am going to /try/ and release the first few levels of that Akashic Discipline tonight though, for people to skim over.

>>52580237
Hey man, I was looking at it, and mentioning it, not saying I was gonna do it. For all you know it was a bamboozle in order to get the actual original creator to look at it again by mentioning it once more. I wouldn't actually do that, though, and I likely won't ever get around to my own houserules for PoW.
>>
>>52580242

I want to make a vital strike build, so the -2 to attack is off set by only be required to make one successful attack. It's far from optimal, but I really like the character idea, and it should still be relatively effective.
>>
>>52580269
Its like.. Only 2 damage on average over a greatsword, I don't think its worth it.
>>
>>52580334

plus enlarge person, plus impact weapon enchantment...

Hm. It might not end up all that much better in the end. But I'll have the opportunity to rebuild the character if things aren't so great.
>>
>>52579714
Fixing armorists. Fixing sphere magi. A bunch of shit I keep forgetting about.
>>
>>52580207
Speaking of, the first two levels of Cobalt Mask are done. My goals with it are to have NO full attack interactions, and instead allow for an initiator using it to land good rider effects, with fantastic mobility, and high defense. Damage is NOT the priority here- the bonus damage is only in d4s and I'm not planning on there being any full attack maneuvers or boosts.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zscK1VKCCSBSZDzaJq1536KnFQt16YRjV8LixCrIlWA/edit
>>
>>52580384
thats like 6 damage total

Not sure its worth the loss of
>>
>>52580384
I actually think if you use an Effortless Lace you can get away with it entirely.
>>
>>52580206

Of those apps, which would be radically improved by just a little retouching?
>>
>>52580228
Arent the feat tax rules good enough?
>>
Question: Is there any point to going from Draconic Bloodline Bloodrager into Dragon Disciple? RAW it doesn't look like the abilities mesh with each other, unless I'm missing something.
>>
>>52580334
>>52580384
Vital Strike itself is a weak style but if you're going to do it, Large Bastard Sword is ideal. You won't miss your single hit, and although it's only +8 damage with the feat chain over a greatsword initially, the larger dice does good for scaling.

For reference, impact with Greater Vital Strike is 54 damage over 42 with a Greatsword. Impact and Enlarge is 72 over 56. Effortless Lace will remove the size penalty cheaply, and you can start with a Greatsword and pick up an ioun stone by 6 for the Large Bastard Sword.

I got a Vigilante build floating around to abuse Vital Punishment that I'm waiting for a chance to use.
>>
>>52580465
>Anna needs a little more rounding, feels just a little one-note as is.
>Kyras isn't bad for an app, I'm just tired of hearing about him and the knightposting was never funny.
>Milre needs some expansion on who she is, and a LOT on what her interests and goals are.
>Harland should play his joke a little closer to his chest, the fast food thing seems like he's taking the piss.
>Andrik needs a rewrite to tell us who he is, and the short story should be compressed or put in a pastebin. Also, get rid of the bold text.

Keep in mind these are all subjective. I might have missed something when I read over them.
>>
>>52580471
The anon made those in response to screaming about how "STRENGTH IS WORTHLESS WITH FEAT TAXES DEX DEX DEX DEX DEX".
>>
>>52580462

Aw man, I didn't even know about that item.

>>52580493

Titan Fighter + Divine Fighting Style Gorrum might win out with a great sword, though. It might not be able to do as much damage, but the ability to make a double movement via charging has some real appeal. Though, the effortless lace couldn't be applied to the great sword.
>>
>>52580206
>Gregory: Vague goals.
Do you have suggestions as to how I can make them less vague?
>>
>>52580384
Look into Gorum's Swordsmanship (or "Greatsword Battler). It lets you Vital Strike on a charge and an AoO. Bloodrager isn't a bad option either, since you can take Blooded Arcane Strike to multiply your Arcane Strike damage, and there's also a bunch of extra effects you can stack on with feats like Grasping Strike.

I think also technically the Cleaving Smash Two-Handed Weapon Trick and All-Consuming Swing stack, so if you cleave a target you double your Vital Strike damage while taking half.
>>
>>52580575
Why does he want to build a university, specifically?
What would he do as the founder and head of the university?
What is his vision for a society with easier access to learning?
What sort of character does he want this school to create?
>>
>>52580597
Fair enough. I'm sure I can think of plenty of reasons.
>>
>>52580566
>Titan Fighter + Divine Fighting Style Gorum might win out with a great sword
It does actually, but then you have to be a Fighter down about 3 feats and weapon training. Eeeeew.

The Bastard Sword is nice because 5500gp is exactly the expected wealth difference between 5 and 6, meaning you can key in on it with fairly little sacrifice on your build. Vigilante and Warpriest are my recommended classes for VS shenanigans. Again, not a great style but you can afford the 3/4 BAB.
>>
>>52580547
But will this break strength characters?
>>
>>52580547
Proposal: Feat tax gives you Power Attack at 13 STR instead of 1 BAB. Nothing else changes.
>>
File: 1468427535106.jpg (89KB, 673x900px) Image search: [Google]
1468427535106.jpg
89KB, 673x900px
>>52580816
It would be better to say Power Attack OR Weapon Finesse, but not both.
>>
>>52580816
>>52580856

Feat tax rules need to be overhauled to compress feat trees, those are the actual taxes.

Power attack is a good choice on it's own, being so good it's ludicrous not to take should mean everything else gets brought into line.

Furthermore BAB/HD should provide a scaling AC bonus so that power attack is actually a choice, not "I hit on 2's anyway"
>>
>>52580872
>Feat tax rules need to be overhauled to compress feat trees, those are the actual taxes.
Basically. You should get a feat, and then it upgrades to the Improved and Greater versions at the appropriate level/BAB. Additionally, feats should have no more than 1 other Feat as a prerequisite.

That's a lot of work so >>52580228 will help realign STR and DEX builds in the meantime. Every DM should be using these.
>>
>>52580872
I've been looking at making Will saves Charisma-based, Initiative Wisdom-based, and adding half your based Reflex save as AC and half your base Fortitude save as DR/-. It's... probably shit, but you made me think about it with this post.
>>
>>52580384
>>52580269
>>52580334
>>52580493
>>52580566
>>52580658

Vital Strike is best used with an Earthbreaker

>Fighter (Titan Fighter) dip
>Thunder and Fang feat
>Obtain Juggernaut's Pauldrons
or
>multiclass into either Skald (Totemic Skald - with a Mask of Giants), Druid (Goliath Druid), Druid (Skinshaper) or Alchemist (Metamorph)

Enjoy. For relevant rulings:

>Giant Weapon Wielder (Ex) = Large Earthbreaker in 2h
>Thunder and Fang = Large Earthbreaker in 1h
>Therefore both = Huge Earthbreaker in 2h

Bumping your size up continues this trend of wielding something far larger than you should. Its full anime style retarded. With Impact or Lead Blades you can easily hit Colossal size damage dice. At that point, Vital Strike becomes viable.
>>
File: IMG_2840.jpg (83KB, 599x351px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2840.jpg
83KB, 599x351px
>>
>>52581036
Don't forget the Growth enchantment. Also this works wonders with rage cycling Furious Finish builds.
>>
>>52580996

I think the design philosophy should be less to give the 2-3 stat classes more, and to make the SAD classes need multiple stats. For example have wizards spells known scale off of CHA instead of int.

My idea with AC was to have full BAB get "great" progression, equal to the save of a similar type, scaling down accordingly. You have to only let the first level of any class apply the bonus at first level though, I think the fractional bonus rules do this basically?
>>
>>52580228
Add these to the current pfg houserules.
>>
>>52581069
It's part of what makes things like the Shaman and Arcanist, while still broken, less broken than Wizard. Yes, a Shaman can pick wandering lore spirit and get any spell it wants, but to do so it needs to be Wis/Int/Cha MAD.
>>
>>52581050
Mmm, them's some hot logs.
But are you sure your RP partner wants you posting them?
>>
>>52580816
>>52580872
The STR houserules look really fucking convoluted and dumb, but I'm in favor of trying to do condensed Feat Chains instead. Christ knows that's the most frustrating part of things.
>>
>>52581052
Growth enchantment? You don't mean Growing do you. Cause that is shit and does not affect Vital Strike. Also, size increasing abilities do not stack.
>>
>>52581107
They don't mind. I think they're a slut for the attention.
>>
>>52581116
>convoluted
What part of "If X is > Y, get Z"?
>>
>>52581122
Oh God, he's so right~
>>
>>52581116
>>52581128
And compressing feat chains STILL will lead to Dex being far better than Strength. The only reason it's not plainly superior in vanilla is because feat chains and prereqs.
>>
>>52581136

I don't think dex is better than str, AC basically does not matter as the game currently plays.
>>
>>52581185
Even if you don't care about AC, there's still reflex, Initiative, and various useful skills. With Dexterity, you just get one big package of good shit, but with Strength, you get some limited skills, carry weight, and damage. This isn't new territory, dude.
>>
>>52581119
You're right, I meant Impact enchantment. That one stacks with size increase.
>>
>>52581128
>>52581136
Looking at it again it's not actually that bad, just more a knee-jerk reaction of "OH BOY, ADDING MORE SHIT TO THE PILE" and "I can't wait for five billion more Brutal Slayers".

>feat chains STILL lead to Dex being far better
rising tide, ships, etc etc
>>
>>52581213

Reflex is pretty easily the least important save, and one martials tend to get good progression in. Dex skills are basically worthless, initiative can be gained for the cost of one feat that a STR character has room for because he's not dumping 2 or more into making dex work.

STR also gets 1.5 on two handers, the superior fighting style.

Even if you give value to AC, when STR characters can afford full plate they become the same AC as a dex character.
>>
>>52581223
I think it'll see a reduction in the finesse builds overall, especially for dedicated front-line characters. Dex will still be a popular choice, and more popular for gishes, but STR will have a fighting chance at getting picked.

You'll see a slight increase in durability for the average warder and barbarian, but it's more about opening up options
>>
Third-level Cobalt Mask maneuvers are nearly done. I'm unsure of the balance of Cobalt Wings, the 3rd-level counter. Should it be moved up a level?

"Counter: Cobalt Wings
Summary: Your akashic energies manifest, carrying you aloft and shielding you from harm. You can initiate this counter when you are targeted by a harmful spell or effect that grants a Reflex saving throw. You can make a Knowledge (Arcana) check in place of a Reflex saving throw. If the result of your Knowledge (Arcana) check is higher than the saving throw DC of that spell or harmful effect, you can immediately move 30’. If this movement would put you outside of the area of effect of that spell, you are treated as if you had not been targeted by that spell. For every point of essence invested in this maneuver, increase the speed of this movement by 15’. Binding this maneuver allows you to also affect a number of allies equal to your initiation modifier, as if they had also initiated this maneuver."
>>
>>52581249
>Dex skills are basically worthless
What is this world you live in?
>initiative can be gained for the cost of one feat that a STR character has room for because he's not dumping 2 or more into making dex work.
These rules are for use with the Feat Tax rules, which basically give Finesse to everyone and Agility close behind.
>>
>>52581214
I included that in the post already anon.
>>
>>52581249
In a world with Feat Tax rules, Dex is king of combat stats. This isn't even an argument.
>>
>>52581268
>Knowledge (Arcana)

Ooh, yeah, make your discipline skill an already must-have knowledge, that'll be balanced.
>>
Which Blingmaker apps are considered the reigning champions?
>>
>>52581291

Barbarians are great, even under feat tax rules. It's not a STR/DEX thing, it's a some classes are designed in a way that's shit thing.
>>
>>52581223
So you agree that it's important for retaining STR's viability outside select builds?
>>
>>52581316
>discipline skills
>making things broken
Dude, the only time it even matters is when it's a trash skill like Perform (Dance) or Craft (Glass).
>>
>>52581325
Barbarians deal a lot of damage, and they will always deal a lot of damage.

>It's not a STR/DEX thing
Unless the class is specifically replacing Dex or calling on Str in some way, you should use Dex over Str if you're getting finesse and power attack for free.
>>
>>52581316
I'll probably change it later on- Knowledge (Arcana) is the knowledge skill used to ID Veils, so I assumed it'd be appropriate. What other Knowledge skill might work? I was looking at Nobility and potentially History, as they're rarely used.
>>
>>52579673
I have not played one, no.
>>
>>52581355
Could do Autohypnosis - It's already the skill for Sleeping Goddess and Riven Hourglass.
>>
>TFW you will never play a gestalt urban barbarian||pre-errata scarred witch doctor
>>
For you opposed to the STR houserules, what is your objection to them? Is it just having to remember four or five more things during chargen?
>>
>>52576735
Too many caveats for a stat
>>
>>52581369
I'll play with making it Autohypnosis, Know. (History/Nobility), or Disguise (the discipline /is/ called Cobalt Mask...). For now, it'll remain Know. (Arcana) and I can do a find-and-replace on it when all the maneuvers are done.
>>
File: 340955673_preview.png (27KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
340955673_preview.png
27KB, 527x409px
>>52581320
>>
File: Black Dragon 7.jpg (417KB, 2000x1294px) Image search: [Google]
Black Dragon 7.jpg
417KB, 2000x1294px
What should a Black Dragon sound like?
>>
>>52581381
I am retarded this was a reply to you >>52581400

Fucking phoneposting
>>
>>52581402
Aight, Cobalt Wings underwent a slight rewrite. All of the Cobalt Mask maneuvers are going to be wordy- because they include text for Essence investment and binding, and they aren't all "deal bonus damage." Anyways, here it is:

"Summary: Your akashic energies manifest, carrying you aloft and shielding you from harm. You can initiate this counter when you are targeted by a harmful spell or effect that grants a Reflex saving throw. You can make a Knowledge (Arcana) check in place of a Reflex saving throw. If the result of your Knowledge (Arcana) check is higher than the saving throw DC of that spell or harmful effect, you can move 20’. If this movement would put you outside of the area of effect of that effect, you are treated as if you had not been targeted by that effect at all. For every point of essence invested in this maneuver, increase the speed of this movement by 10’. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity

Binding this maneuver allows you to select a number of allies that are also targeted by the same effect, up to an amount equal to your initiation modifier. These allies occupy your space while moving, but at the end of the movement provided by this maneuver, these allies are placed in the nearest adjacent spaces to you, as determined by you."
>>
>>52581355
Yeah, my vote is for Nobility.
>>
>>52581400
>>52581423
By caveats, do you mean needing certain levels of STR?
>>
>>52581252
>>52581269
But Strength is still a really popular choice even with feat tax rules, because 2handing with Strength is still THE best overall stat for raw damage because Strength and size increases are easy to get ways to pump damage.

>basically give Finesse to everyone
As makes fucking sense because weapon finesse as a feat is just as moronic as bows not being exotic weapons. Agile Maneuvers being bundled in there is a bit of a mystery to me though

>>52581381
At this point I don't think anyone is 100% against them outside of a knee-jerk reactions. Only gripe I have after initial reaction is the health thing. I think should it should go on the basis of just being "one thing too many", but the rest seems alright.
>>
>>52581422
Raspy and snakelike?
>>
>>52581422
Loud, raspy, and deep. Like Mr Steal Yo Girl did nothing but smoke cigarettes for a century.
>>
>>52580207

I wonder if that is part of the problem when trying to get feedback. I post stuff without a name or identification.
>>
>>52581036

Oh my god. I was thinking about getting an earthbreaker, too. I have so many options at this point, I'll have to build them all and figure out which one I like the most.
>>
>>52581430
Yes
>>
>>52580228

So 'Strong guys can dump con as strength replaces it for HP and fort saves'
>>
When does an over-memed character become less so?

Is there a statute of limitations? Can one just wait out the clock to a point where they stop being fucking annoying? Or is there a point of no return where it's best to just stay away from /pfg/ entirely?
>>
File: 1455332137514.jpg (77KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1455332137514.jpg
77KB, 1366x768px
>>52581402

>or Disguise (the discipline /is/ called Cobalt Mask...)

Tell me about the discipline. Why does it wear the mask?

Could the discipline be used for a real villain if it ends up being based on Disguise?
>>
>>52580476
So do I take the lack of responses as a no or what?
>>
>>52581486
When /pfg/ stops caring about the game they're in.
>>
>>52580476
It works, but it's a tradeoff. It also depends on your GM actually letting the Bloodrager stuff progress, since some GM's are assholes who ignore the RAI.
>>
>>52581486

I think the real lesson is just to never take pfg too seriously. Have fun with the memes and let it go when you've had enough.
>>
>>52581495
Looking over the design docs...

>No Boost or Strike does anything for full-attackers, ensuring high mobility if you just want to move-action then strike
>Most Boosts attach an extra rider effect to an attack or strike you make.
>Most counters are focused on dodging, shutting down attacks, and being tough
>Stances focus on great mobility options and defense, with little if any thought for damage

I guess you could use it for a villain? It's themed after Incarnum and Akashic stuff. Soul stuff, yknow. I'll get back to you on it
>>
>>52581482
You still want a minimum level of Con for more HP, but yes. This is essentially what some other derivatives have done to deal with STR and CON being underwhelming
>>
>>52581473
I think the benchmarks are important. It would be too easy to just get 12 strength on most builds to enjoy some minor benefits.
>>
>>52580476
by Paizo ruling DD advanced Bloodrager Bloodline

What you do is take only 8 levels of DD, and 12 levels of bloodrager, superior statline for a natural attack build
>>
>>52581543
They're a messy disaster of rules, nobody would ever use them because 'stat unlocks' is a shit idea.

Fix your shit.
>>
>>52581558
You're going to have to give me more than that to change my mind. What's shit about it? What could be done better?
>>
File: Consider the following.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>>52581543
But would giving people an incentive to NOT dump Strength actually be a bad thing, if it's a much smaller benefit compared to an actual Str build? Right now faggot anons claim "no reason to not totally dump Str".
>>
>>52581537

Why not make con worthwhile rather than taking literally the only 2 things it has aa a stat?
>>
>>52581563
stat unlocks are shit.

>>52581564
giving people an incentive not to dump stats would be a great thing
>>
>>52581573
Yea, give it some cool stuff, like Con to Knowledge: Arcana
>>
>>52581564

Until you actually calculate your encumbrance and realize your pole arm dancing slut can't even wear chainmail and carry a spear without going into medium encumbrance.
>>
File: 1452408252371.jpg (111KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1452408252371.jpg
111KB, 1024x768px
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

What are your favorite PoW disciplines? What about your least favorite?
>>
>>52581583
>durrr hurr what are muleback cords
>>
>>52581583
>caring about encumbrance
>>
>>52581564
>>52581573
It'd be simple to just say you take half your mod to the HP gain and Fortitude, with no minimum. 12 would round down to 0 so you'd need more investment to get anything out of it.
>>
>>52581592
they're all shit
>>
>>52581582

Seems legit. You stayed up longer and worked harder rather than being naturally smart. I know guys like that at uni
>>
>>52581592
Favorite? Riven Hourglass
Least Favorite? Tempest Gale
>>
>>52581582
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52581583
>pole arm dancing slut

One of my dream apps that will never see the light of day
>>
>>52581583
>encumbrance memes
>when all these ways to avoid it exist
>I'm going to cite a meme build
>that will prove he's wrong!
>>
>>52581610
What if she's just really closed off and does it for the money.
>>
>all this str vs dex nonsense
>not just being a soulknife marksman ki archer and getting +WIS to literally everything

Heh.
>>
>>52581610
Like a dead character or like, you don't want other people to associate you with a character so you aren't applying with one?

Because in the latter case you should just make a second account. Maybe set it idling for a bit or drop it into some open join link to pad numbers.
>>
>>52581592
I mean, it is my baby, but Cobalt Mask is gonna be it. Outside of Homebrew, I'm gonna say... It's a tie between Riven Hourglass and Shattered Mirror. Least favorite has got to be either Piercing Thunder
>>
>>52581613
>polearm dancer is a meme
T-this is a joke, right?
>>
>>52581631
more like said character will never get in because

>E rank luck
>>
>>52581593
>durr hurr what is wasting your belt slot
>>
>>52581599

Why not do this 4e style? Dex or int to ref, str or con to fort, wis or cha to will.
>>
>>52581643
>muleback cords

>Belt

Oh no its retarded
>>
>>52581592
Solar Wind is my favorite.
Worst has to go to elemental flux, Piercing Thunder, and Tempest gale.
>>
>>52581649

It's a pretty solid solution.
>>
File: araragi knows that feel.jpg (54KB, 291x362px) Image search: [Google]
araragi knows that feel.jpg
54KB, 291x362px
>>52581642
>Rank E luck
Not like this.
>>
>>52581643
Shoulder actually, though I wouldn't exactly recommend spending that either.
>>
>>52581676
>muh cloak of resistance.

eh
>>
>>52581635
>spending additional feats to be able to use a polearm as a finesse weapon
>when you could just get the Ioun Stone for elven branch spear and be done

really makes me think
>>
>>52581668
>>52581649
Screws over Warders (who now have a class feature that does nothing) and boosts INT classes.
>>
>>52581666

Piercing Thunder and Tempest Gale I can see, but Elemental Flux is fantastic. It's one of the few disciples that actually has out of combat stuff.

>>52581681

Ioun Stones were a mistake
>>
>>52581618
No, she has to do it out of a sense of religious obligation and an altruistic desire to stay fit and please her audiences!

>>52581631
Oh, it's hardly more shameful than my successful app, trust me. I just don't see any good opportunities for a less-than-serious polearm dancer girl besides Blingmaker, but I like my Blingmaker concept too much to abandon it (and I'm working on it, I promise!)
>>
>>52581592
Favourites: Shattered Mirror and Scarlet Throne
Least Favourites: Piercing Thunder and Cursed Razor
>>
>>52581676
>get your Cloak of Resistance +2
>add 1500 to the price
>you have MC+CoR now
>alternatively find a tattoo artist and pay him 2k for a Muleback Tattoo

done, done, aaaand done.
>>
>>52581681
>having fun GMs
s-same.
>>
>>52581422
Tim Curry.
>>
>>52581668
Shhh! Don't let the 4Efags know any of their shit was alright!
>>
>>52581720
4e was actually pretty fun, underrated edition
>>
>>52581681
Wouldn't that be like 1500 gp to get? that's kinda a lot for a level 3 build, and could be knocked off.
>>
>>52581713

That'd be a hell of a game.

https://youtu.be/hr4knvNNgtU
>>
>>52581688
Elemental Flux has too much. Its too good, imo.
>>
>>52581705
>getting a Muleback Tattoo

That just sounds aesthetically displeasing
>>
>>52581749
Nothing wrong with a little tramp-stamp for a pole-dancer anon
>>
>>52581747
>bunch of shitty ranged attacks, debuffs and line attacks
>too good, too much
The stances are great, but the maneuvers are fucking trash.
>>
>>52581740

I agree. Most teamwork that I've experienced yet.
>>
>>52581740
Until Paragon Tier.
>>
>>52581741
I mean, if your build is seriously too encumbered by your masterwork pole of choice, a Handy Haversack, and whatever clothes you have on your back, you probably have bigger problems than money.
>>
File: cinderblock.jpg (532KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
cinderblock.jpg
532KB, 1280x851px
>>52581465
Understand how stupid it looks though. As a Huge Sized Earthbreaker, it weighs 70 lbs. That is the equivalent of hitting someone with this guy's stick minus a block.
>>
>>52581773
str 10 is enough for that honestly.
>>
>>52581758
Oh, absolutely, but Muleback tats probably can't look too sexy, right?

Though I guess it's a spell that helps you carry more loads.
>>
>>52581705

What is this tattoo stuff about? I've wanted muleback cords but didn't want to waste my shoulder slot for the same reason.
>>
What /pfg/ games are currently recruiting?
>>
>>52581791
There's no description how it has to look...

It could be a pretty GYARU AS FUCK tribal!
>>
>>52581682
Fuck em. They're warders, they can deal with it.
>>
>>52581781

When you're a half-orc named 大肉, looking stupid is not a concern.
>>
>>52581789
at which point you haven't dumped Dex

>>52581799
It's Muleback Cords, but as a Tattoo. Craft Magic Tattoo is effectively "Craft Wondrous items that let you have a second set of slots, except they're twice the price"
>>
>>52581812
>gyaru
>anything but meat toilets
I wouldn't want that for a PC that I liked.
>>
>>52581825
I would
its my fetish
>>
>>52581819
>haven't dumped dex
>mean Str

FUCK
>>
Alright, how about this.
>>When you gain HP per level gain additional HP per level equal to half your STR modifier.
>>If your BAB is +1 or greater you gain the Intimidating Prowess feat as a bonus feat and may use your STR score in place of your DEX for Acrobatics.
>>Characters with 13 or more STR ignore the speed penalty for Medium Armor. Characters with 15 or more STR ignore the speed penalty for Heavy Armor.
>>If your STR is 18 or higher, you count as one size larger for the purposes of CMB and CMD. If your base size is already Large or Larger, this has no effect.
>>The above rules are in place only for creatures defined by their class levels.
>>
>>52581806
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73064/blingmaker
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73477/blood-in-the-fangwood
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70552/shardwalkers
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west
>>
>>52581832
someone dumped int
>>
>>52581806
There's a few. Blingmaker. Wild Weird West. This is one I'm interested in

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73477/blood-in-the-fangwood

and have an app in already. Maybe give it a look?
>>
>>52581791
I was kind of imagining a tattoo of a donkey's ass just below the neck, but it's probably more like black lines stretching across your shoulders.
>>
>>52581592
Favorite: E. Flux, because I like elemental shit and E. Flux Stance is fantastic and probably should be nerfed, but I'll be damned if I don't like the visuals of spontaneously combusting in order to heal after a tough fight, or lightning arcing around in preparation of the fight.
Least Favorite: Probably either Primal Fury or Broken Blade, because it's just more damage and that's it. Thrashing Dragon gets a pass because I like TWF.
>>
>>52581845
More like dumped wisdom because my perception is shit
STILL DON'T NEED GLASSES THOUGH SO IT'S COOL
>>
>>52581848
>>52581812
Good points all around. All is not lost, but what game could accommodate such a qt?
>>
>>52581681
Polearm Dancer is ALREADY finesse.
>>
>>52581817
They'd need to get something back for it. Their choice of Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, or Great Fortitude?
>>
>>52581865
Still Warders. Dont need it.
>>
>>52581829
It's ok, but the real best one is hard corruption of your allies to turn them into lust-driven soldiers.
>>
>>52581874
This is in the interest of fairness.
>>
>>52581863
WWW. The cross between a native american allegory and a white cowboy allegory resulting in the unique mix of dark skin and blond hair. They learned spear arts in their youth, but after moving to town found that a mixed blood could only get work as a saloon dancer.
>>
>>52581847

I want to apply to something that has a concept centered around The power of love
>>
>>52581865

Why would they need it? Warders are already a very strong class and they are not losing anything, others can just also get it.
>>
File: AwwShit.png (265KB, 600x470px) Image search: [Google]
AwwShit.png
265KB, 600x470px
With another session down it's time for more Hell's Rebels Greentext. Group A: Session Two. This is going to be kept in spoilers so that Group B members don't get unduly spoiled, of course they could mouse over it but in the same vein they could just real the whole AP ahead of time so fuck it.
>The party save Rexus from Thrune Loyalist thugs, some party members are aware that he's trans, nobody cares.
>He attempts to inspire them to start a glorious revolution, due to all the other civic leaders having mysteriously vanished through the means of being on fire
>Estelle wants to save her brother from the Dottari and stop Barzillai because he's evil so she's in
>Serigala is concerned for the future of the economic stability of the land with Barzillai in charge and wants to stop him because he's evil
>Sophia thinks Barzillai is an asshole and wants to kick him in the face for fucking with her people
>Hana is horribly out of her depth and says yes out of awkwardness and peer pressure
>Rexus reveals his parents knew about the Silver Ravens, an old revolutionary group who operated throughout Kintargo's history and has found one of their old hideouts
>Party go to investigate, sneak in, find that it's populated by a small ratfolk gang called the Rat Kings
>The Rat Kings are a bunch of tough as nails punks who tear up the streets with their slick moves and their hot beats
>Serigala convinces them that they come in peace and are interested in maybe teaming up to help find the old silver ravens stuff
>Rat Kings Boss says they've got to prove that they can step up, or else they better step off.
>When the party are confused by what this would entail, they bust out a killer synchronised dance routine complete with beatboxing illusionist backup and tell them to top that
>Rap battle/dance contest ensues with Hana on vocals, Sophia doing the dancing and Serigala on VFX
>Rat Kings Boss is suitably impressed and they join forces

Some more details to come.
>>
>>52581890
...That's actually not bad. I'll work it up and post an app.
>>
>>52581875
Look dude I just.. Its my thing

>>52581890
DONT DO THIS TO ME ANON
>>
>>52581897
They lose half a feature. That's at least worth Lightning Reflexes.
>>
>>52581890
>>52581908
She'd even get to be a sexy half-elf, right?

That's pretty great.
>>
>>52581847

Appearance: A short description or image will suffice
Backstory: Please limit yourself to three or four paragraphs
Personality: Only one paragraph please

Wow I love this DM
>>
>>52581910

Not really.
>>
>>52581919
ngnhnghg

Make it stoooop

ffff
>>
>>52581924
i should do this
>>
>>52581924
Perhaps he should add a bit more to those limits, since somebody might just write one super-huge paragraph.
>>
>>52581935

I think that would be a good way to exclude yourself pretty quickly.
>>
>>52581925
I disagree. Getting INT to Reflexes is big part of the class. Now that everyone gets it, you need to fill that gap with something.
>>
>>52581919

Heh. I'm thinking of applying with an Elven Marksman myself. My major stalling point is 'Finding decent art for a native american character that isn't porny'
>>
>>52581935
They call that self-selection.
>>
>>52581943

And I disagree that they need it. They are a very good class even without it. They didn't get worse, other classes just got a bit better.
>>
>>52581924
You know, from how the DM came across, I just imagine how he is really holding back from the urge to just burn down his campaign because of the edgelords
>>
>>52581901

Liking it so far.
>>
>>52581906
Good luck anon. I'm not applying so I'll be rooting for you.
>>
>>52581960

I thought that about Katapesh DM but then he accepted catgirls and Gamze.
>>
Alright, here's the final third-level maneuver for Cobalt Mask. I'm focusing the discipline on having lots of AoE effects, great mobility, good defense, and VERY good rider effects- but it's not going to be winning any DPR contests. I'm looking at giving it a balance pass. I'll drop another google drive link and the Cracked Wave maneuver, before crashing. I make no claim that it's balanced, just that it and the whole discipline might need some tinkering

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zscK1VKCCSBSZDzaJq1536KnFQt16YRjV8LixCrIlWA/edit

"Strike: Cracked Wave
Summary: You form a vicious lash of Akashic energy, flagellating your enemies with your very own soulmatter. Make a single attack, and resolve it against the AC of all enemies in a 30-ft cone in front of you. You deal an additional 1d4 points of damage with this attack. Investing essence in this maneuver increases the damage by 1d4 points per point of essence. Binding this maneuver allows you to to make a number of flashing steps- after resolving damage against each target damaged by this maneuver, you can move 10’ per each target that took damage from this strike."
>>
File: Chie Exhausted.png (416KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Chie Exhausted.png
416KB, 800x500px
>>52581901

>They go to check out the basement and discover an invisible imp, due to Serigala's Avowed shenanigans however he can just see straight through that shit.
>Imp is pissed that the first people she's had down here in over half a century can just see her, completely killing her opportunities for shenanigans, practical jokes and watching them get murdered by Lemures
>Sophia takes the piss, Imp threatens violence, Sophia makes it clear that she will reduce the cheeky bitch to a red smear on the wall
>Serigala placates the Imp and using some serious insight on how binding devils works to figure out that she's bound either to this floor/building by a contract or is bound to be within the proximity of an item
>Imp realises that these guys are some pretty hot shit and might be worth teaming up with
>The psychopomp in Serigala's head points out that the Imp's soul smells wrong, like it's got too much mortal and not enough devil in it
>Sophia insists that Devils An Shit.
>Serigala discovers that the Imp remembers a disproportionately large amount of her mortal life, to the extend of remembering her race, profession and that she's actually from Kintargo
>Imp tells party about the contract that keeps her bound to the plane and agrees to help them out with their info gathering and their rebellion thing if they get her out of the shitty basement and let her have some fun occasionally
>Serigala agrees and will be handling that next session while the player is absent.

Longest session of anything I've run in a long-ass time.
>>
>>52581897
>>52581925
>>52581817
Anytime you take a feature, you give a feature. That's just math. Warders are down .5 class feature, they get something worth the same amount.

What's worth approximately that? I'd give them an additional opportunity attack or Weapon Focus. Take your pick.
>>
>>52581985
Nah, Warders can just deal with it
>>
>>52581985

The issue there is that they don't lose that shiny. They still have it. This is adding it to everyone else as well.
>>
>>52582019
>>52582005
They still have a feature half-gutted and all INT based spellcasters just got another strong defense. That requires giving something back.
>>
>>52579673
does that dress have a crotch shot? Incredible, I love it.
>>
>>52582035
Int based casters still need Dex for AC and to hit shit with touch spells

they barely get anything

Stop whining, Warders will be fine.
>>
>>52581901
>>52581983
>still no lewd
When are we getting some saucy stuff, Aurora?
>>
>>52582049
I think you just don't want to be bothered to think of anything, to be perfectly honest.
>>
>>52582055
be nice you
>>
>>52582056
No, its because I could really give a shit if a path of war class feels a little less special

cry me a goddamn river.
>>
>>52582064
I knew you were just being a fag.
>>
>>52582055
It will get saucy the moment the players request it to get saucy and no sooner.

And before you ask no, the strip club in Group B doesn't count.
>>
>>52582072
Well i do love cock anon
>>
>>52581974
Wait what was your thought, I was reading this as edgelords and I got confused
>>
>>52582080
can't beat the cock.
>>
>>52581879
PoW wasn't in the interest of fairness.
>>
>>52582049
I mean, if you think about it he's kinda right. People look at other classes and give them nice things when they get features invalidated by taxes. Slapping a +1 Reflex or something is probably not a terrible idea.

>someone calls anon gay
>captcha asks me to type COCK
Am, am I gay too?
>>
>>52582099
Salt.
>>
File: qtmage.png (371KB, 500x824px) Image search: [Google]
qtmage.png
371KB, 500x824px
have you hugged your mage today?
>>
>>52582100
I don't have to slap a +1 on it if i don't use PoW
>>
>>52581841
Anything wrong with this version? I'm trying to please as many people as I can here.

>Left CON most of its goodies
>Simplified the Armor thing
>STR still gets better CMD
>>
>>52581841
i hate you stat unlocks, stop it
>>
>>52582108
I'm currently co-writing a cute story where I confide in my mage and then we cuddle in platonic solidarity all night long!
>>
>>52582113
I mean, if you're not using or trying to do anything with PoW then why not just say that to begin with instead of being an ass about it?
>>
Just gonna leave this here for anyone wanting logs

https://pastebin.com/CFHdFch4
>>
>>52582147
thats my fetish.
>>
>>52582144
That's really cute anon! You're a cutie!
>>
>>52582147
This is fundamentally the same as the last one.
>>
File: Filthy.png (47KB, 146x242px) Image search: [Google]
Filthy.png
47KB, 146x242px
>>52582147
I came buckets
>>
>>52582108

No. It doesn't take nearly long enough to qualify for Will save rerolls.
>>
>>52582147
Finally something I can jerk off to.
>>
>>52582127
That's basic shit from other versions of D&D. There's nothing wrong with this level of gating.
>>
>>52582176
W-why would you need rerolls/
>>
>>52582193
i don't fucking like it
>>
>>52581985
So by giving everyone else something, we logically need to take something from them too, right?
>>
>>52582193
It's overcomplicated, no one will ever bother with it if you post it on your game's list of houserules. It's also really unfitting with the rest of the system unless you want to do it for every attribute.
>>
>>52582206
>Overcomplicated
This shit's even in babby-version 5e. Checking your STR is not hard.
>>
>>52582226
Listen. THIS game. The one this fucking thread is about? It's overburdened with garbage already. Take yours and shove it up your ass, because doing something simpler could work just as well to buff Strength.
>>
>>52581901
>Hana is horribly out of her depth and says yes out of awkwardness and peer pressure

Well that's naturally what a gamer gurrrrrrrl would do.
>>
>>52582226
this is not 5e
>>
What's a good age for a snarky teenager that's pretty well-developed but ultimately still pretty naive? The kind of girl who thinks she's hot shit but has a lot to learn, the hard way.
>>
>>52582242
Right, let me fucking explain the "complexity" of this change.

>When you level up, add 1/2 str mod in hp
>If you're wearing medium or heavy armor, check your character sheet to see if it's at least 13 or 15
>When filling out your CMB/D box, do you have at least 18 STR. You'll need to check your Strength anyway.

Wow, so much fucking work.
>>
>>52582275
Nobody is going to use a system that gives stat based unlocks to Strength and only strength

fuck off.
>>
>>52582270
Probably 17
>>
>>52582270
>>
>>52582270
16-17
>>
>>52582242
I always see this. Make a simple change and it'll be fine. That's bullshit and you know it. This game's a mess because everything's interrelated and changing one thing here will break one thing over there. There are no simple fixes. There's just shit you haven't thought out.
>>
>>52582295
Sorry, bro, what? I thought you said it was "too complicated". Are you just knee-jerking or something because you didn't realize how easy it was? Trying to save face because of some principle?
>>
>>52582338
No, its still too complicated

what do you not get about that stat unlocks just for strength

is too complicated
>>
>>52582270
>>
I want a fun game to apply to!
>>
>>52582347
You keep saying stat unlocks as if that adds some mystical, arcane property to the idea of checking your strength score maybe once in your character's career. Not once every round, every combat, or even every session. It's entirely possible you will only check this once in the entire course of your character.

That's too hard? Are you retarded?
>>
>>52582108
I'm hopping to be able to hug the mage tomorrow. And then "hug" her.
>>
>>52582364
Shardwalkers, Wild Weird West, Blingmaker
>>
>>52582366
>adding a special system so strength snowflakes can feel better about themselves thats completely dissimilar from everything else in the game

Yes, apply yourself.
>>
>>52582364
I want to apply to the same fun game as you so we can have fun together!

Let's apply to Blingmaker! What do you want to be?
>>
>>52582367
WHOA that second part sounds lewd anon. Don't bully her!
>>
>>52582381
Nothing lewd or bullying about hugging from behind, hugging in the missionary position, and hugging on every piece of furniture in the room.
>>
>>52582380
I want to be not in a kingmaker AP.

>>52582370
Shardwalkers has weird creation rules though. How's WWW like?
>>
>>52582366
>Not once every round, every combat, or even every session.

Well, with pathfinder enjoying stat damage I can see it getting annoying to recalcuate if you drop beyond those stat values.
>>
File: 1467895218899.jpg (49KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1467895218899.jpg
49KB, 1024x576px
>KSnHanon never
>Politicsfag never
>>
>>52582379
Guess what, it's to fucking help Strength. If you're opposed to helping Strength, you'll hate this because you likely don't know that this is designed to go with Feat Tax rules that make being a dexfag really easy.
>>
>>52582402
Pretty standard.

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west
>>
File: bullybully.png (1MB, 1092x1360px) Image search: [Google]
bullybully.png
1MB, 1092x1360px
>>52582401
If it's just hugging, that's fine. Mage bullying is punishable by exposions in some regions.
>>
>>52582415
But its a shitty way of helping strength

And your boosts are so minor that i don't even want to do the extra book-keeping.
>>
Do spell touch attacks use Strength? How does that actually make sense?
>>
>>52582415
We should buff INT.
>>
>>52582407
Ability Damage is always pretty annoying, to be honest.
>>
>>52582429
no they use dex.
>>
>>52582421
Of course. I just love hugging. Maybe you want to be hugged next? Be extra good and I'll even pat your head during.
>>
File: vN09hzD.jpg (1014KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vN09hzD.jpg
1014KB, 1920x1080px
>>52582419
>That time availability
Fuck me, right?
>>
>>52582426
>Extra bookkeeping
Nigga, you can't be real right now.

But go on, let me hear your amazing, one-line fix to Strength. Go on.
>>
>>52582415
Maybe you should try something that's actually worth the extra weight on the overburdened Pathfinder system. The fact that nobody actually wants to play with your idea in a game should be meaningful to you, because this isn't a game you play alone.
>>
>>52582443
Well I ain't a mage, but I'll give a bro a hug if he needs one.

>tfw we all need one every now and then.
>>
>>52582450
Ok

Are you ready for this

This shit is going to blow your mind

Thrown weapons always use strength-to-hit
>>
>>52582455
Oh right, hang on, let me fix this with a much simpler idea.

>So like with Strength, you're swoll like whoah. Ask your DM to do stuff with that.

>>52582466
Wow, dude, that changes *everything*.
>>
>>52582450
Not that dude, but how about just fucking remove it and roll it's old stuff into con.
>>
>>52582401
Hopefully it was hugging for the sole purpose of reproduction, as God intended, and none of this filthy hugging for fun and pleasure!
>>
>>52582458

Word.

https://youtu.be/ZJ5HQSAC7mE
>>
>>52582475
Its actually better and more useful than your suggestions
>>
>>52582401
This is my fetish
>>
>>52582476
Yeah, that will not have any unforeseen consequences.
>>
>>52582490
I mean, it's an idea? I just came in to this.

What consequences would there be?
>>
>>52581901

>Serigala is concerned for the future of the economic stability of the land with Barzillai in charge and wants to stop him because he's evil

The first part is accurate; the second, less so. My character is indeed worried about Barzillai being malicious, but he is more concerned about his father, who has fallen into bad influence due to the Asmodeans. The previous lord-mayor, Jilia Bainilius, and the bard Shensen were good friends of my character's father and good influences on him, but they have gone missing.

Therefore, my character seeks to bring back the old lord-mayor and the bard in a bid to bring his father back to his right-minded senses.
>>
>>52582485
It would be one small part of a much larger fix. I wanted to do a bigger fix, but figured there's no way ADD /pfg/ could read that many rules, so instead I opted for 4 to 6 simple rules. My bad, I forgot y'all only can deal with one rule at a time.
>>
>>52582500
Martials would be better! Though it probably helps the already stronger martials more than it does the weaker ones.
>>
>>52582490
It'd make STRCON be a DEX tier stat, so that's something.
>>
Is Appraise just Straight Necessary for Blingmaker!?
>>
File: ChaikaCute.jpg (48KB, 636x357px) Image search: [Google]
ChaikaCute.jpg
48KB, 636x357px
>>52582108
I know I've got stuff to do with one of them, since she's kinda become reliant on me for a certain thing. I don't think I've ever actually hugged her though. Heck, I don't think I've hugged the other one either, now that I think about it. Not directly, at least.
>>
>>52582508
Maybe you should start a new thread for your new system then, because you've really failed to get anyone to want what you're offering to Pathfinder. Your fix would itself be a problem with the game.
>>
>>52582500
Everything would get a lot, lot tougher. It'd just jack up the numbers game. HP and damage bloat
>>
>>52582512
STRCON isn't dex tier, dex requires feats to get to strcon teir

apply yourself

Homebrew feats to make Strength less shit you fucking retards
>>
>>52582522
Well what are you doing then? Go hug both of them. They probably carry your ass in combat.
>>
>>52582533
>Add more mandatory Feats
>To Pathfinder
Are you retarded?
>>
>>52582544
>this system is for use with feat tax rules anyways and the only reason people are bitching about the feat tax is because it supposedly makes dex builds too strong with PoW

ARE YOU?
>>
>>52582532
but isn't that to combat the rising defense and stuff from dexfags?

>>52582533
Then make it a feat to do that?
>>
>>52582554
Maybe make a feat worth taking thats good for strength.
>>
>>52582554
>but isn't that to combat the rising defense and stuff from dexfags?
No the issue with Dexfags is not superior numbers, but with *how many* numbers Dexterity positively influences.

>>52582549
Yes, let me add Feat Taxes back in when I just took them out. That makes sense.
>>
STRCON introduces a secondary balance concern, where the things that boost both at the same time would be too powerful if they just double-boosted but be missing a feature compared to other races/options if they simply overlapped.
>>
>>52582570
>Dex still needs feats to outstrip strength

>but strength should always be better than Dex, no feats needed

R E A S O N A B L E
>>
File: 1476229411720.png (653KB, 712x900px) Image search: [Google]
1476229411720.png
653KB, 712x900px
>>52582533
I've played a STR character exactly once and didn't like it so I dunno what to tell you anon, I just don't like them from a flavor perspective. Even if I play melee I like to play 2fast4u lightning lancers, not strfags.
>>
>>52582570
So adding more things to str is bad because it impacts numbers, but dex also has a bunch of things added too? I don't get the issue. Didn't we want more things for str?
>>
>>52582576
STR still isn't better than DEX even with this. It's just not relegated to specialized builds.
>>
>>52582584
whats it like to have e rank luck
>>
You deal damage equal to your Strength bonus even if your attack with the weapon misses. This does not apply when using Weapon Finesse.
>>
>>52582587
What I wanted was simple. Invest into Strength, get more out of it. The reason for that is that the things Strength affects are very limited. Melee weapon damage, encumbrance, and two very limited skills. Dexterity gets Initiative, Ranged Combat, AC (Also touch AC), a handful of useful adventuring skills, Reflex Saves, and maybe one or two things I can't recall in the moment.
>>
>>52582612
So a bonus to low accuracy, attached to the stat that improves accuracy
>>
>>52582612
There will never be a one-line fix.
>>
>>52582614
My proposition was to give it more things via fort and hp, is that not balancing that out?
>>
>>52582627
Combining it with Constitution gives it too much, and given that everybody raises Constitution, means that everyone would also be raising Strength. It's too simplified
>>
File: 1277605752803.gif (876KB, 320x193px) Image search: [Google]
1277605752803.gif
876KB, 320x193px
>>52582612
I forsee no problems. Just don't let it carry any on-hit riders - for all intents and purposes concerning abilities and feats, your attack did fail.
>>
File: Chaika Pout.gif (1MB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Chaika Pout.gif
1MB, 500x700px
>>52582538
Hey now, it's not my fault they took my gimmick and did it way better, I'm doing the best I can here! All I've got to my name now is pumping people with buffs, keeping them nice and healthy, and making sure they've got as many tools as I can provide!
>the only dude in the party and I'm the team mom
So this is what having elven blood is like.
>>
>>52582621
>what are iteratives
>>
>>52582627
I don't know if it is too much.

Both get a save
Both get a primary defence (hp or AC)
Both get attack
Both get some out of combat (dex is a bit better here, given that encumbrance is easy to avoid or outright ignored)
I'd say the damage difference is maybe balanced by initiative, but i don't know.
>>
>>52582589
The DM has exactly 5 natural 1s to inflict upon you at his leisure every session.
>>
>>52582669

The issue is that HP is a much more valuable defence than AC is.
>>
>>52582621
You still want to hit, because doing so is always better; you just increased the reliability of your damage, especially on iteratives, while using Power Attack, fighting against miss chances, etc. If you use Strength, you either kill things dead or never stop hurting things.
>>
>>52582612
Better hope that's not on monsters, or you just killed your defense character
>>
>>52582686
But is it a bigger issue than the str vs dex thing? I don't think you can make a single change, but an improvement would be an improvement. Not sure if this idea is one, but we don't need perfection right now, we just need a stopgap.
>>
>>52582692
You've also just destroyed any and all tanks forever, because monsters will always be making tons more attacks than PCs.
>>
>>52582705
>But is it a bigger issue than the str vs dex thing?

Well, strength is already the better attack stat. 2 handed strength beats out every melee dex build.
>>
>>52582612
>don't even hit a dude
>do damage anyway
What? Are we fighting through wind pressure?
>>
>These rules are too complex
>Here's a bunch of quick ideas that already have issues, but they're quick and simple
You guys don't really understand the math of the game, do you?
>>
>>52582724
But that's not what we are concerned about with dex now. We're concerned that the non-damage gains are outweighing the damage loss, so increasing the non-damage options for str is a way to work against that.
>>
File: 1375397156133.png (251KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1375397156133.png
251KB, 500x375px
>>52582719
They should have invested more in Con then.
>>
>>52582734
The strength to thrown weapons hitting is at least decent.
>>
>>52582734
I do think that the changes for a systemic based problem should be solved by changes to the system. Complex rules aren't really good ideas since there will always be more 3pp, but a systemic solution would have better corrections.
>>
>>52582775
It's one piece that should have been in the base game, but as a "strength fix" it affects the tiniest amount of warriors imaginable.
>>
>>52582734
You're gonna understand the math of THIS HUG!
>>
>>52582807
It has large implications.
>>
>>52582775
Thrown weapons remain a trap because of range increment
>>
>>52582836
>trap
What did he_ mean by this?
>>
>>52582804
While true, we are playing Pathfinder. That's never going to happen.

Look, how about this:

>Add 1/2 STR Mod to HP
Important, because STR characters are frequently in melee.
>Use 1/2 STR Mod for AC in place of Dex
See above. I liked the idea of greater strength giving you more mobility in armor, but I see no way of handling that which will not trigger Stat Unlock anons.
>Thrown weapons use STR
Kind of unimportant in the large scheme, but quality of life.
>STR to Intimidate and Acrobatics
It needs more skills like crazy.
>1.5 STR to CMD/B
If we can't have large size, we can have the next best thing.

This should be for class level characters only
>>
Is it an evil act to knowingly sell someone stolen goods? What about counterfeit items?
>>
>>52582847
Seems good enough imo. fairly straight forward.
>>
>>52582836
Not really

Slings simply remain the best thrown weapon for someone that's not dual wielding
>>
>>52582847
This is the best solution.
>>
>>52582847
>the CMD/B thing

that seems kinda iffy to me, since it could easily turn into a way bigger bonus than the pseudo-large size while still not actually solving how fucked up CMD/B is
>>
>>52582885
It's either that or we make anons chimp out by requiring a certain level of strength.
>>
>>52582147

I'm sorry, but I still think Aurora's quote was fucking incredible as an ERP >>52582147
comment.

>If you're going to have such a stupidly large penis, you might as well use it to fuck me.
>>
>>52582916
She's not wrong
>>
>>52582916
"Y-yeah, all things in the world are mine to possess and that includes this ridiculously enormous cock."

Honestly its so fucking cute.
>>
>>52582916
I'm so stealing this
>>
>>52582854
Robin Hood.
>>
Is there a list of material N.Jolly has done?
>>
>>52582854

Depends. Did the original owner announce that he will flay alive whoever he finds holding his property? Is the counterfeit something a person would need to rely on in a life-or-death situation?
>>
>>52582978
Not only is it situational, but being a thief isn't inherently evil anyways. It's chaotic for sure, but not always evil.
>>
>>52582943

F-for who?
>>
>>52583008
Just in general.
>>
>>52582916
you got the line wrong, its
"If you're going to have such a stupidly enormous dick like that then the least you can do it put it to good use!"

the differences are subtle, but important.
>>
Arguments as to why str is bad are so vague.

Str characters can lift a lot and hit hard, is this not what people expect?

Are people concerned that it does not do it's job well enough, or that other stats can do the same job better? Is it too specialised?

Str is still best for melee damage.

In PF almost any stat can do almost anything after all, so there will be competition. If str is not as widely applicable then so what?

One stat being under used or under valued is not a problem since there is not a finite number of stats for us to share. If people like dex over str so what? This is not a balance problem.

If people are concerned about to hit then buff that.
>>
>>52583029
Yeah, she could have been implying that she needed him to plug a dam
>>
>>52583035
>when people complain that their 3pp content is not balanced in accordance to other 3pp content
>>
>>52583035
People want Str to be able to do something besides JUST "hit dude good". Encumbrance is a joke after a few levels, meaning all it's got is damage.
>>
>>52583035
It doesn't do much for you in the long run besides damage, and damage isn't hard.
>>
>>52583050
I mean to be fair, what would it even logically do? STR really just doesn't apply to situations like every other stat does. It's dumb muscle.
>>
>>52583062
>Dumb muscle
>when having a different muscle be really big that you open planar rifts
really makes the noggin spin.
>>
>>52583074
Really activates my almonds
>>
>>52583061
>>52583050
Why is this a problem?

"I want X stat to do more", but why? Just get a stat that does do more if that's what you want.
>>
>>52583029

Girls making stupid-cute dialogue like that in ERP makes it all worth it.
>>
New Thread
>>52583081
>>52583081
>>52583081
>>52583081
>>52583081
>>52583081
>>
>>52583074
You mean INT? Well yeah.
>>
>>52583080
What about boys saying lovey-dovey stuff!?
>>
>>52583089
fuck off with your guy at the gym attitude then, cunk.
>>
>>52583096

That makes it worth it too! Partners actually giving their characters voices while they get dicked or dick makes it so much sweeter!
>>
>>52583079
Because why the fuck is it there at all if not to be used? Why should a strong character get Jack shit mechanically compared to a Dex character?

The real secret is enforced QUALITY with high and point buy desu
>>
>>52583118
so we've hit the point where we can say "DELETE STR" now?
>>
>>52583118
Because it is useful for picking up heavy things and hitting hard.

Does dex do either of these things as well as str? No.

What logical reason is there for wanting str to be jack of all trades like dex? There is none, if you want to be jack of all trades make a dex character.

There is no benefit to making all stats the same.
>>
>>52583126
DELET THIS
>>
>>52583118
Dex to Hit, Str to damage!

WE MADWORLD NOW.
>>
>>52583131
>Giving strength SOMETHING to keep it more relevant is the same as making it jack of all trades

I suppose you would be one of those people who thinks Brutal Slayer is overpowered garbage because it has Str-to-AC?
>>
>>52583170
>dex has it so str should to

is just not a good argument
>>
>>52583188
>Dex has two entire pies
>Str can't have a slice of either, that would be silly
>But Str has to share its sandwich with Dex

I'm a dexfag and even I think this is bullshit
>>
>>52583131
>>52583170

I did something with this when I was tinkering with 4e stuff. Trying to get the skills more evenly spread out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eDtClEs3j6TQCrmyVZV3EsJsOX7IktZK80zfPh8Warw/edit?usp=sharing

I didn't end up perfectly happy with it (I'd have preferred to find another place to put Str at the cost of Cha, Int or Wis) but it was a little broader at least.
>>
>>52583218
1/2 str to AC and reflex should just be a feat
>>
>>52583246
it really should.

Paizo style design would require you to put a 13 Dex prerequisite tho
>>
>>52583126
I've been saying it for years, senpai

Merge STR with CON, and CHA with WIS. We now have Size, Speed, Schooling, and Self
>>
>>52583218
This is not an argument...
>>
>>52583318
I want to be a high size, high speed, high self, low schooling qt!
Thread posts: 394
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.