[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 447
Thread images: 83

File: 1463357648579.png (1MB, 1014x761px) Image search: [Google]
1463357648579.png
1MB, 1014x761px
Bored as fuck and waiting for anything new at all edition

>previous thread
>>52567225

>Shadow War: Armageddon rules:
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/ShadowWar/SWA_Killteams_ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
https://battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
File: IMG_3813.jpg (181KB, 1024x701px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3813.jpg
181KB, 1024x701px
>>52579307
Thread claimed for the Emperor's Shadows and their Master Crafted Chainswords! :^)
>>
IMPERATOR VULT

CHARGE FROM RHINOS SOON
>>
Templates are OP and moving models is tedious.
>>
>>52579313
Good idea m8. I've got the other 9 tacticals all fully-washed in blue and waiting for some Layering. I'll try some Brass, along with a single red shell for a tracer.
>>
>>52579351
Rhino rush! Making Landraider and open top vehicles even more pointless!

I'm starting to think the Kirby's team doing the rules are just copy pasting rules from other games and older edition and calling it a day.
>>
>>52579339
That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Power Sword" bullshit that's going on in 40k right now. Power-Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine power-katana from a magos for 5 STC's and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid ceramite with my power-katana.
Forge World fabricators spend years working on a single power-katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to the galaxy.
Power-Katanas are thrice as sharp as Eldar swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a Ghostglaive can cut through, a power-katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a power-katana could easily bisect a wraight-knight wearing with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why the Eldar never bothered attacking the Shadows of The Emperor? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai-Marines and their power-katanas of destruction. Even in the Siege of Alaitoc, Eldar Banshees targeted the marines with the power-katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.
So what am I saying? Power-Katanas are simply the best power-sword that the galaxy has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in 40k. Here are the stats I propose for Power-Katanas:
S:Ux2
Ap:1
Armorbane
Fleshbane
Instant Death
Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Power-Katanas in 40k, don't you think?
tl;dr = Power-Katanas need to do more damage in 40k, see my new stats.
>>
>>52579388
I mean, I play 90% of my games at 850 so LRCs are a bit hard to fit in, so I'm not against it.

Just give me the option to actually footslog if push comes to shove and NOT just die ASAP and I am absolutely fine.
>>
>>52579409
3rd-4th Black Templars footslogging and the consolidation sling shot.

I miss that.
>>
File: 18548182981289414.jpg (10KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
18548182981289414.jpg
10KB, 184x184px
Deep thought:

Both players alternate using a unit each phase in 40k 7th edition.
What happens?
>>
>>52579457
MSU becomes even more optimal of a strategy
>>
What does /tg/ think of Imperial Knights?

Do Knight Worlds actually field non-Knight soldiers (e.g. infantry support/screens, Guardsman levees as part of a tithe, or a recently discovered Knight World losing almost all of its Knights due to millennia of attrition/technological decay)?

How flexible can you be with designing a Knight World/House? They seem pretty cool, but apparently the Throne Mechanicus gives you autism.
>>
>>52579473
What's MSU?
>>
Does greenstuff dry out or go bad once opened? (But not mixed).

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I've never worked with it before and don't want it going bad if I store it wrong.
>>
>>52579487
Massive Succulent Units
>>
File: 40k-8th-april2017.jpg (117KB, 824x960px) Image search: [Google]
40k-8th-april2017.jpg
117KB, 824x960px
>>52579307

has there been any discussion on this yet?
>>
>>52579400
Welp my own fault for browsing without shitpost filters.
>>
>>52579457
Assuming it's one action per phase, per unit until the next round?

Might be fun
>>
>>52579473
It's not that bad, large units give you more impact than the MSU player.
>>
>>52579487
multiple small units

Essentially alternating actions means armies with loads of little squads can out-activate other armies and dictate the terms of engagement with impunity.

>>52579480
>How flexible can you be with designing a Knight World/House?
There's not much set in stone with them. And I'm pretty sure anyone would be cool with an excuse to run an army that's more than just knights.
>>
>>52579516
Not a lot, most people just shoved it off as having no reliable source.
>>
>>52579516
Yes
Dismissed as 70% asspul 10% wishful reading and one actual fact
>>
File: 60100181395_RedPathHB.jpg (47KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
60100181395_RedPathHB.jpg
47KB, 600x620px
Looking for The Red Path in its entirety.

When found it will be added to the archives.
>>
>>52579516
>New edition Clickbait
We don't discuss anything other than how to deny that website ad revenue around here.
>>
>>52579400
>S:Ux2
>Ap:1
>Armorbane
>Fleshbane
>Instant Death
The... Murder Sword?
>>
>>52579516
It came from a Spaniard board know to shitpost.
Or Mexican board for the USAfags.
>>
>>52579546
CSM players BTFO
>>
File: hurrrrp.jpg (75KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
hurrrrp.jpg
75KB, 600x450px
>>52579546

i haven't modeled one up yet, should i make a katana with 104 folds or 105 folds?
>>
>>52579480
>Do Knight Worlds actually field non-Knight soldiers

Probably not because they were designed to defend their planets, going out into the galaxy is new to them so making an army for them is just out of their character and in after the Heresy out of character for the Imperium. No reason why you couldnt have your house take their PDF elites into space along with their Knights.

>How flexible can you be with designing a Knight World/House?

As flexible as you want, I made a Knight House that was founded by several Freeblades and millenia later works as a corporation, selling their services to the Imperium, buying Freeblades and getting rich while the original families control the entity.
>>
File: SubjugatorArt.jpg (74KB, 497x490px) Image search: [Google]
SubjugatorArt.jpg
74KB, 497x490px
>>52579480
eh, they're okay. i hate how they're cheap and helped ushered in the age of LoWs.

with that said i wish GW had bothered to bring in more superheavies but i can see why they didn't

>>52579516
tons. there's little truth to it
>>
File: IMG_1836.jpg (21KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1836.jpg
21KB, 800x600px
>>52579570
>not modeling your murdersword as a katana.
>>
Let's talk about a what if:

>we are actually in the 41st millenium
>this is not actually earth (holy Terra)
>An imperial colonization force of sorts arrive here
For the sake of argument let's say they don't just exterminatus' us because of any reason they should

What happens? will they send the imperial guard to take over the planet? How many men will they need for that? how will people react to that?
>>
>>52579582
>only 104 or 105 folds
And that's why xeno weapons will always be inferior to human wepons, which are folded at least a million times before the magos even tests the blade by cutting a monomolecular string.
>>
>>52579625

fuckin imperial whitewashing!
>>
>>52579649
>xenophase blade folded so many times it cuts through invulnerable saves
>>
>>52579647
They'll just take orbital superiority and we'll fold pretty quickly.
>>
File: 1356911811628.jpg (140KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1356911811628.jpg
140KB, 800x800px
>>52579649

"diamond tipped"
>>
>>52579647
well all my experience making and drawing skulls will pay off.

as long as the planet donates bodies to the war effort and switches over to worshiping the emperor we're okay. most major religions today worship a central figure and any could easily be the emperor.

>>52579663
>he didn't watch all of the ghost in the shell movie
>>
>>52579671
>>52579692
and what happens if some idiot on our side decides to launch nukes for some reason?

how would a land war against the guard look like with today's technology?
>>
Do we know much about how well each factions sells or its popularity? I know GW is secretive and SMs are at the top.
But what fills their pockets and what do they wanna squat but are afraid to?
>>
>>52579585
>buying and selling Knights
With the way Thrones are fluffed, isn't this super haram?

>>52579647
Pretty much, and not a hell of a lot. Just trigger MAD, wait till we nuke most of our planet to rubble, then sent down a couple regiments to subjugate the survivors.

Africa has the least strategic value (and thus survives bombardment), most untapped natural resources, and highest population growth; 'Earth' becomes a Hive World.
>>
>>52579736
Nukes wouldn't do much, they're not designed for anti orbital warfare.
>>
>>52579582
How shit is your steel that you need to fold it over a hundred times just to get it to work without shattering? Even Japanese officer swords mass-produced from railroad ties aren't that brittle!
>>
>>52579540
which archive has the novels?!
>>
>>52579755
I don't think they're selling the Knights themselves, just their services.
>>
>>52579736
bad, but hey we could probably convince the invaders (not the chapter) that north korea and some dicators are chaos worshipers

>>52579751
marines, orks, chaos, eldar, tau are consistently the top. GSC, admech/skittles,the plastic saint, special canoness sold very well. sisters are just there. not sure about AoS but people love the sigmar marines
>>
I heard you can't really use clippers with resin. If so, what are you supposed to use?
>>
File: 1461841881225.png (9KB, 251x404px) Image search: [Google]
1461841881225.png
9KB, 251x404px
>Soon finished converting 2k worth of Tau
>Painting like a madman
>Eyeing necessary purchases to update my Thousand Sons
>155 euros
>*sweating rubric marine.jpg*
>>
>>52579755
>buying and selling Knights
>With the way Thrones are fluffed, isn't this super haram?

They are selling their services like any other Freeblade and 'buying' Freeblades is just adopting them into their company/Knight House so I dont really see the heresy in that.
>>
>>52579755
>>52579756

Let's change this a little so it makes more sense:

>earth is on a strategic location for the imperium
>they need to take over and fortify it against [something out there]

will they try to talk down our world leaders or they will just say fuck you and send 10 billion guardsmen down here and fuck some shit up?
>>
>>52579663
her being white was the least of that movies issues
>>
>>52579813
>he says while Europe and the USA are being devoured by a cult of Slaanesh so that they can be destroyed by a cult of Khorne

>>52579833
>'buying' Freeblades is just adopting them into their company/Knight House
Okay yeah that was the part I was confused about.
>>
File: tumblr_mszedgXtuh1rvwch2o7_1280.jpg (66KB, 700x998px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mszedgXtuh1rvwch2o7_1280.jpg
66KB, 700x998px
>>52579813
I like the idea of AoS but can't really identify with any of the factions. None of them really draw me in. I can't see myself spending money on any of them.

I'm having a similar problem with 40k where I've bounced around armies because none of them pop for me. Some are okay to play, but I didn't see them and go, "OMG that's my army."
>>
>>52579858
As we're human, they'll demand we acquiesce to their demands. If we resist we're getting subjugated hard and there's not much we can do about it.
>>
>>52579457
I've done this with at least a dozen games. It's actually more fun than the standard game.
>>
>>52579900
Our leaders would have to be pretty damn stupid to look at a macrocannon, then look at the doezen macros on a single cruiser and think:
>Yea...we can take it!
>>
>>52579858

probably depends on who is in charge of the occupation
>>
>>52579859
I thought the movie was fine. The main problem was the extreme lack of character development. All of the characters were flat. Plus it's like they told SJ, "You're paying a cyborg in this movie." So she took that as, "I'll be as robotic as possible" to a point that it made her look stupid. Seriously look at how she walks in the film, it's idiotic.
>>
>>52579957
The fact that they put SJ in it was a big warning sign that they weren't very confident in it.
>>
>>52579813
So basically most things sell well then?
Barring nec and nids I guess.
Well nice to see nothing should get thrown to the side anytime soon?
>>
>>52579938
how would it look like if it was an "absolute madman" guy?
>>
File: 1476506407974.jpg (226KB, 854x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1476506407974.jpg
226KB, 854x1029px
>>52579736
Nukes wouldn't do shit to their ships. Nuclear weapons are significantly less effective in vacuum. You'd just scorch the paint, even if you managed to get past their ungodly amount of point defence.

I doubt anyone but rogue states would be stupid enough to wheel out nukes when there's a km-long warship hanging in low Earth orbit. Not much of a trade-off if you vapourise a couple of million guardsmen, irradiate your own soil, then have three of your major cities flattened by orbital bombardment you can't respond too.

Lasguns would be significantly better than modern rifles I imagine, at least in terms of accuracy and the amount of shots. Ammunition supply is a big thing in fire fights, it's partly the reason for the shift away from 7.62mm to 5.56mm, you can carry twice as much of the latter.

Given that Necromunda established that guard flak armour is actually pretty top-tier protection against your average stub gun (i.e. what our projectile weapons would be), it suggests the Imperium has considerably advanced material sciences, I imagine the regular guard armour on both their men and vehicles would be extremely difficult for our weapons to penetrate.

Same goes for their aircraft, which given we know they can produce SSTO fighter aircraft, are going to shit all over stuff like the F-22 despite looking like something out of WW2. Plus they could just crater all our runways from orbit. Modern fighters don't do so well on grass airstrips like WW2 fighers did.

We have nothing that could challenge Knights, other than limited air power, let alone void-shielded Titans or Astartes.

We'd have some advantages, our man-portable anti-armour technology is significantly better than the guard's, at least in precision, since all of their weapons are dumb.

But generally, they have ships, we don't, it'd be a curb stomp. We'd have to resort to asymetric warfare and the Imperium isn't touchy-feely 'don't hurt the civilians' like NATO is, so that wouldn't work so well.
>>
File: STRATEGERY.jpg (46KB, 282x276px) Image search: [Google]
STRATEGERY.jpg
46KB, 282x276px
>>52580008

iraq 2003 except the entire planet
>>
Reminder that Genestealer cults did nothing wrong.
>>
>>52579982
And how much they tried to focus the marketing on her, rather than the movie itself.

Everything was 'SCARLETT JOHANSSON IN ghost in the shell' rather than 'GHOST IN THE SHELL starring Scarlett Johansson'.
>>
File: 90 percent casualty rate.png (99KB, 385x380px) Image search: [Google]
90 percent casualty rate.png
99KB, 385x380px
>>52580045

> We'd have some advantages, our man-portable anti-armour technology is significantly better than the guard's, at least in precision, since all of their weapons are dumb.

bro, do you even use orders when you play guard?
>>
>>52579957
It was like the original but with none of the style, subtlety, grace or charm
>>
>>52580058
Genestealer cults don't exist.

The concept is a lie made up by the imperial administration to cover up how common grass-roots uprisings against imperial tyranny are and to justify the mass-extermination of innocent people who just want to be free.
>>
>>52580087

and absolutely no questions raised about individualism vs merging with another consciousness
>>
>>52579663
0/10 Not enough Sapient Spider Tank shenanigans!

God I wish the Tau looked less like big impractical gundams and more like the better-designed Tachikomas.
>>
>>52580113
It dropped the existentialist themes entirely
>>
>>52580045
Yeah, afaik there's fuckall we can do against void shields. If the commanding officer has an anyeurism and elects for a surface-only invasion, the IG whips us in infantry and air power, but we have better armor and anti-armor (excepting inasfar as they have lascannons and we don't), and our flamers and shotguns are way better, so asymmetrical warfare would allow us to hold out at least for a little while.

>>52580107
t. jeanstealer
>>
>>52580045
>our man-portable anti-armour technology is significantly better than the guard's,

Are you not aware of the anti-armor FUCK YOU that is the holy Meltagun?

Also, they have man-portable (if cumbersome) Autocannons and Lascannons, which would make a joke of our current strategic thinking when it comes to armored vehicles because of their range and precision (lascannons and autcannons) sheer number of shots (autcannons) and/or raw potency (lascannons and meltaguns).

All we've got nowadays, from a man-portable standpoint, is a missile launcher, which they have a comparable one.
>>
File: 1456965705870.jpg (221KB, 800x672px) Image search: [Google]
1456965705870.jpg
221KB, 800x672px
>>52580073
>orders

Thanks for reminding me; we also have significantly more capable man-to-man communication systems.

According to their codex, the Guard officers really do give order by just shouting really loud at nearby units, hence the 12" range.

Why they don't use vox sets for something other than giving a motivational pep talk to a platoon that's in the process of being dismembered by Orks I don't know, but thats the canon as it stands.

Maybe 8th will introduce the Guard to the advanced military technology of 'flag signals', allowing them to advance their battlefield communications to roughly the equivilent of the 18th century.
>>
>>52580205
I think he's speaking from the perspective that we have homing rockets that can seek tanks from miles away, while the guard are still using iron sights for their lascannons and wwII era guns. Even a meltagun is pitifully short-ranged in an actual battle.

Granted, I don't think that's a huge advantage, since man-portable guardsman weapons are designed to be pretty cheap, since those even cheaper guardsmen are using them, but it is one potential edge. Just not a useful one.
>>
>>52579957
She walked around like that so she wouldn't show how fat her ass is and how unfit she got. She has lordosis like a motherfucker
>>52579982
The Japanese creators of GitS specifically chose SJ and noted that they intended Major to look more caucasian than asian to begin with.

It was a bad movie. If they do a sequel, needs fucking tachikoma and a better plot in general. It was really, really garbage and there was too much forced feelings at the end where I didn't care about any of the characters aside from MAYBE Bateu.
>>
>>52580214
Vox Casters should have a infinite range on the tabletop, a radio has a range further than 10 feet.
>>
>>52580214
>we also have significantly more capable man-to-man communication systems.

Nigga microbeads are issued to every Guardsman from a world that isn't Space Caledonia circa 300AD, which provide squad-level communication, and each team/squad leader/officer is provided with a commbead that connects to higher command and has an extremely wide range of communication ranges.

Vox-casters can also speak with people halfway across continents and even in low orbit if large enough (typically only at the command level), which our modern tech cannot do without similarly expensive equipment.

>According to their codex, the Guard officers really do give order by just shouting really loud at nearby units, hence the 12" range.

Sometimes they do, for a wide variety of reasons:

>Comms are fucked because (Tyranids/Necrons/WAAAAGGHH!!/Psychic bullshittery/Machine-spirit bullshittery)
>Comms are crammed with chatter from other units trying to coordinate across the battlefield, therefore yelling at a person nearby may be the better alternative for local orders
>The comms are hacked because (see above reasons) and yelling shockingly the most secure way to pass orders
>The dude is right there, it's just easier that trying to get the radio to work and possibly take him off a vital channel.

>Why they don't use vox sets for something other than giving a motivational pep talk to a platoon that's in the process of being dismembered by Orks I don't know, but thats the canon as it stands.

You haven't read the canon. If you have, please cite where this is the "most common" or "standard" way of doing it - just pulling out one example doesn't make it the standard either.

To reiterate further, comms often get fucked in Codex-battles because they're fighting things like Necrons and Tyranids and Chaos, which fuck over comms just by literally being present on the battlefield by their very nature.
>>
>>52580205
I think he's referring to fire-and-forget technology.

In reality, the Leman Russ wouldn't even be a good tank. Even with super-special-amazing armor, it's design is so poor that I have a hard time beleiving it could compete with a M03 vehicle. Why? Look at the turret. See anything...strange? No? Let me help:

>The Main gun is situated directly in front of the commander's crotch!

For the love of god do NOT fire the main cannon!
>>
>>52580205
Guard missile launchers are basically oversized bazookas from WW2. There's no suggestion they're guided or anywhere near as advanced as a 'hit the vulnerable top armour of a tank from a couple of km away after fire-and-forget' javelins.

Lascannon and autocannon are powerful, but they're both dumb weapon systems, they're unguided and have no advanced optical systems, they're basically WW2 era anti-tank crew weapons that are man-portable with a nastier payload.

There's a reason crew served anti-tank guns aren't used against modern armour anymore, the armour would slaughter them at extreme range because the armour is highly mobile with sophisticated fire control and the anti-tank guns are static with the Mk 1 human eyeball.
>>
>>52580341
>implying that's not part of the officer.
>>
>>52580341
This is 40k, they probably wire the commander into the weapon system. He fires it with pelvic thrusts.
>>
File: 20170404_204212.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170404_204212.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
What do you guys think?
>>
>>52580252
Think you are mixing table top with fluff.

Also "What are Hunter killer missiles"?
>>
>>52579457

Actually, that would be a pretty cool way to handle the psychic phase. Each player has d6+ML worth of dice and alternate manifesting/denying powers but are limited to their own pool.
>>
>>52580414
Not really man-portable are they.
>>
>>52580369
>>52580381
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT FIRE THE MAIN CANNON!

EVER!
>>
>>52580159
>Better armor and anti-armor
>Assuming anything we have comes close to an Autocannon or Leman Russ
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (50KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
50KB, 384x384px
>>52579791

https://mega.nz/#F!9zAjGSwI!GH98VYtG1nYcALyUnlf1Eg

It's a small but growing thing featuring Fabius Bile, latest releases and items from early history.
>>
>>52580410
Yep. Definitely Kriegers. Shape you can't pose them like Cadians; Their poses must look monotonous in large groups.
>>
>>52580252
>while the guard are still using iron sights for their lascannons and wwII era guns.

How they're equipped varies from world to world, but typically Lascannons have an electronic sight of some sort to assist at distances. This is even on the model itself (check the back of a HWT lascannon), though it's usually not painted as one.

And I'll concede the "lacking homing missiles" aspect, but to the Munitorum having missile weapons that shoot for miles and home in on targets makes little sense from an expense standpoint (with the exception of flakk) when you can instead just shit out more missiles for much cheaper and just fire more of them, especially when you have things like Lascannons which are pretty much as accurate as the person shooting them and theoretically have infinite ammo if hooked to a generator of some sort.

Also, Heavy Bolters are two-stage kinetic/gyrojet projectiles with between .50-.75cal (per Forge World of origin) mass-reactive, explosive warheads sheathed in an armor-piercing jacket that detonate inside of a target and explode them from the inside out. They fire these with effective accuracy at long ranges, have incredible suppressive capabilities (basically being full-auto 40mm RPG launchers) and threaten light vehicles through sheer number of shots.

The Imperium literally puts these on everything, and even the poorest Guard regiment has more than a few of these.
>>
>>52580414
>What are Hunter killer missiles?

Not really guided in any way, since they're fired at the standard skill of the vehicle, and also not really relevant if we're talking about infantry mounted heavy weapons?

Regardless of tabletop stats, heavy weapon guard teams are pretty clearly using WWII era setups in terms of effectiveness. Even if we assume their mortars have the range of actual mortars instead of a baseball, it's still just a pretty typical mortar.
>>
How do we fix 40k and save GW?
>>
>>52580440
True that.

In general I wonder how mind fucking the entire situation would be.

Kilometre long space ships, vector dancing iron sight flyers.

Retarded looking tanks that can actually survive getting shot but at the same time can be fueled by throwing lumber into its engines.

Tunnelling transports.

The sheer random and odd military would be enough to throw off everyone's game.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (10KB, 252x168px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
10KB, 252x168px
>>52580466
Umm...yea? An Autocannon is a modern thing. Kinda like the heavy stubber it's just once of those weapons that's remained practical for a crazy-long time.
>>
>>52580503
Nothing, theyre doing it all on their own
>>
>>52580488
>>52580252
To be fair, Iron sights would work just fine for a weapon with no bullet drop. Magnification would be icing on the cake.
>>
>>52580533
Yeah, though it could stand to have a scope at least so you can see really distant targets.
>>
>>52580510
Aren't stubbers any gun that doesn't have space tech like auto guns.
>>
>>52580466
At the very least our tanks have much lower profiles and I would assume, more advanced fire-control systems, considering the Guard doesn't really seem to use them at all. They use searchlights for night-fighting. Guard tanks would likely struggle to hit modern tanks at the kind of ranges most NATO-equivilent tanks can currently engage at.

Ours would be able to move more rapidly over rough terrain (seriously, the Leman Russ would tip over all the time and the Baneblade would destroy roads, wouldn't be able to cross bridges and would beach itself constantly on soft ground) so the only real question is if modern APFSDS rounds could penetrate Guard armour. If they can, we're in business....we'll still get curbstomped but we might be able to pop a few Leman Russes before the Imperial Navy flattens all our military positions from orbit.
>>
File: rapey rapey.jpg (187KB, 1800x717px) Image search: [Google]
rapey rapey.jpg
187KB, 1800x717px
hey guys, is list okay for a little game of 550 pts??
>>
>>52580549
It's never been quite clear what the difference between stubbers and autoguns is, especially at the lower end, but generally they appear to be pretty close to our century in terms of effectiveness.
>>
>>52580510
I think he's referring to Autocannons being dirt-cheap weapons mass-produced everywhere in the galaxy, and have been developed to the point where even idiots can reliably build and maintain them forever.

As of now, our Autocannons are nowhere near as ubiquitous because we lack a plethora of ideal targets for them (light vehicles and heavy infantry, such as big Orks and their flimsy vehicles) like the Imperium does, and they're not stupidly cheap to make today.
>>
>>52579494
No it should be fine. If you get the stuff where the 2 parts are packed side by side, then there will be a middle sliver that will cure over time slowly, but that's it. The rest will be fine and workable.
>>
File: Ynnari - 500pts.jpg (184KB, 1800x823px) Image search: [Google]
Ynnari - 500pts.jpg
184KB, 1800x823px
>>52580578
Sure i'd play against that list.
>>
>>52580533
The massive beam of light, coupled with that fact you have to pack the thing up to carry it away, would mean you'd lose them constantly to return fire from enemy vehicles though. You'd bisect one tank and then a barrage of HEAT would be landing all around you.
>>
>>52580341
>The Main gun is situated directly in front of the commander's crotch!

FOR THE LOVE OF THE EMPEROR DONT STOP FIRING THE MAIN CANNON!.
>>
>>52580503
make 8th come sooner
>>
>>52580549
Seems to be. They've never made it clear, but stub guns seem to be basic cordite/black powder weapons whilst autoguns use spehs magic to achieve lasgun-tier damage with an unspecified chemical propellant.

I'm sure I read somewhere that autoguns also sometimes use magnetic acceleration technology but maybe I dreamed it.
>>
>>52580601
guilliman should be able to defeat the WK pretty easily doe amirite??
>>
>>52580572
Baneblades and Leman russes have rarely been shown to have that much difficulty with average terrain. They could handle most places well enough. The low profile would help, and I'm sure we could take out some from the side or rear (due to space nonsense materials), but the guard can afford far more losses than that.
>>
>>52580587
If we go by the RPG a stub gun goes from a single shot pistol/rifle/cannon, passing to revolvers, automatic and semi automatic pistols/rifles.

An autopistol or autogun in those games can single shot to spry bullets in absurd amounts. I know they capped the amount of bullets it can spit due to game mechanics, but the bloody things are monsters at throwing bullets without affecting recoil that much.

Autoguns are even more space tech magic than lasguns. But the actual difference between stub and auto is blurred way too much
>>
>>52580572
>At the very least our tanks have much lower profiles and I would assume

To be fair to the Leman Russ, it is not designed to be Armored Cavalry like most modern tanks are, but a Linebreaker tank as tanks all used to be - a role in which is beyond excels. Unlike modern tanks, it's also literally designed to crush things underneath it, be it terrain or Tyranids, and the higher profile is necessary for this role.

>more advanced fire-control systems, considering the Guard doesn't really seem to use them at all.

The problem in 40K is that tanks can think, and the more work you allow the tank to do (such as with auto-targetting) the more likely the tank is going to do something you don't want it to do (like shoot an ally) because it's a bloodthirsty war machine with the intellectual abilities of a small dog, and it can and will act like it if you let it. It's a common problem for Wyverns to literally just shoot anything that moves if not kept properly appeased, and they even "laugh" when they kill stuff.

>They use searchlights for night-fighting.

On the tabletop only, or when Auspex has completely failed because Warp/weather shenanigans and the Terran Mk. I Eyeball is the only thing working effectively.

>Guard tanks would likely struggle to hit modern tanks at the kind of ranges most NATO-equivilent tanks can currently engage at.

This is possibly correct, but remember that Guard tanks are not designed for long-range duels (except for Vanquishers and kinda-sorta the MBT) and instead leave that to orbital units, air units, artillery vehicles, Titans, or flanking Sentinels. They can engage at an extreme range, but typically they don't GET in that range because something else is already handling that.

While these are all ass-pull justifications, at the same time remember that you're applying 3M military strategy to 41M organizations that span billions of worlds and quadrillions of human beings
>>
>>52580687
That just sounds like stubbers are more about rifles, single shot, or semi-automatic things, while autoguns are assault rifles and things for going fully automatic.
>>
>>52580628
Yeah, I might be applying too much real-world to the scenario with that.

Presumably both the Leman Russ and Baneblade use some sort of minor anti-grav technology to offset their top-heavy design/fuck heug size.

At the end of the day, the Guard could overwhelm the entire planet piece-meal, only the USA has the capability to deploy large forces on a global scale and even then, not to the same level the Guard can with it's bulk lifters.

A million strong Guard force might be massively outnumbered by the entire planet's military forces, but they wouldn't need to fight them all at once. Plus all they'd have to do would be flatten New York and Washington with a few macro-cannon rounds, sink the US Navy's super-carriers with precision orbital strikes and we'd pretty much surrender as a planet straight away and start declaring just how great this 'God-Emperor' sounds.
>>
>>52580711
>while autoguns are assault rifles and things for going fully automatic.

It's not just that they're automatic, it's that they're (compared to modern firearms) high-tech firearms that fire usually caseless shot at extremely high velocities and at a high RoF. They are essentially "Guns 2.0" to our modern stuff - but are often considered little more than the Mk.I AK-47 of the 40K world (Decent, but low quality and can be found literally anywhere).
>>
>>52580711
With the added bonus of way less recoil problems.
They are stable firing plataform
If anything they are the middle ground between normal guns and Las weapons

But that is just me trying to make sense from lore.
>>
>>52580739
>They are essentially "Guns 2.0" to our modern stuff

So I guess that probably means both lasguns and autoguns would cut through our body armor like nothing, and our stub guns wouldn't even get past the Munitorum issued t-shirts.
>>
>>52580763
truthfully as useless as flak armor is in 40k, it's made up of both solid armor, polymers, and resistant fibers, which would probably serve as excellent armor by todays standards.
>>
>>52580763
Yep. 40k armour is another level of protection.

Our body armour is made to protect from flak and small fire arms. Guardsmen flak armour is made to protect from space magic bullets.

Even against 50. Cal equivalent stubbers or autoguns the Guardsmen humble armour works some times.
>>
>>52580763
Nah, an M16 is basically an autogun and an M1919 is a heavy stubber.

Thing is, 40k's rules themselves aren't granular enough to show the difference between "cobbled together shit-spewing peashooter" and "futuristic but modern-ish assault rifle."

Also note that armor saves don't just indicate who survives, it's really showing that the armor protected the person well enough that they could stay in the fight. So a 5+ is equivalent or better than our current body armor.

Of course, some worlds ship their guardsmen out with Napoleonic uniforms and muskets. So there's that.
>>
>>52580759
and as interesting as that is, they still have str3 ap-
I really wish they would add more variety to the low level guard weapons. Maybe autoguns could be assault 2 instead of rapid fire, with reduced range, but we know that would be a hassle from a modelling standpoint.
>>
>>52580795
is wrong

>>52580763

is right.
>>
>>52580795
Considering how Flak armor can potentially stop a Stubber round, Flak armor is likely better than stuff we have today.
>>
>>52580799
I don't think guard really even has the option for autoguns. It would be a neat way to distinguish them from cultists though. Maybe make it 18" range and assault 2. Less useful for gunlines, but good for charging in and stabbing people, which is what really matters in the end
>>
>>52580578
>>52580601
I'd watch/read that battle report
>>
>>52580799
Well I'm basing my half ass drunk analizis from Dark Heresy and the likes. Even then guns have an odd feeling some times. They either utterly destroy you or are an annoyance at worst.

>>52580817
Autoguns are better than lasguns in raw rate of fire and stopping power, but aren't as easy to supply as the humble lasguns.
Maybe some super tacticool operating operator regiments could work with autoguns with special ammo and such.
>>
Anyone else notice how terrible people on this board are at 40k? "Rhinos are terrible because AV 11" or "Landraiders are bad because there are soooooo many more optimal choices". Sure thing fucktard. That sounds terrible. I bet you even used those on a map with only one piece of terrain per quarter at 1500pts you poor piece of shit.
>>
>>52580855
As a Deldar player I appreciate how relatively durable a Rhino. Cheap too.
>>
Can Roboute only be fielded as a lord of war in an Ultramarine Cad, in the victrix detatchment, or with the triumvirate?

Cause that's kind of a bummer. Id like to see the lord commander fight with a custodian bodyguard alongside a bunch of non-ultra friends.
>>
File: IMG_2393.jpg (2MB, 3724x2096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2393.jpg
2MB, 3724x2096px
>>52580855
Anon love, my games usually have retarded amounts of cover and AV11 is not that impressive when you can glance tanks to death. While Landraider are over expensive Huge models that require additional points inside them to be of any value. At least the Rhino can provide cover and blocking LoS for cheap.
>>
Thinking of digging into my storage and finding my Chaos space marines for next edition. Is it worth waiting until it hits or is it better to join a playgroup now?
>>
>>52580805
I mean, we're just throwing around conjectured bullshit anyways, but my point was that it depends on which specific planet, regiment, setting, etc.

40k is crazy diverse. Some regiments are ALL Tempestus Scions with super-advanced ceramite armor and armor-piercing laser guns. Some regiments get two sticks and a rock. (They have to share the rock).

"Autogun," "stub gun," "flak armor" are catch-all terms that encompass huge quality ranges of equipment that get simplified for tabletop (40k, 30k, and RPGs).
>>
>>52580721
Fun fact, if we ever build sublight (like, 0.9C or faster) intersolar vessels, some scientists speculate that there will be rocks in space that fall into 3 categories:

>A) Small enough to be deflected by a frontal Shield
>B) Large enough to be detected ahead of time and dodged despite the absurd speed of the vessel
>C) Rocks too big for A but too small for C

For Catagory C, we'll need point defense systems to clear the air. Said point defenses would need to be powerful enough to pull a Battle of Messines quickly and casually.

So if an alien spaceship ever reaches earth, we will be at it's mercy, because the tech it needed just to reach us is more than enough to destroy us.
>>
So Saturday a friend of mine is going to an ITC tournament for the first time (I'm going to watch, I'm a useless fuck with mostly unpainted models) is there anything he should expect? When our group plays it's pretty casual, but he's bringing a few formations of Tau as he expects it to be a cheesefest.
>>
File: 1491510990583.jpg (268KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1491510990583.jpg
268KB, 2048x1536px
Sup /tg/
Name my band
>>
>>52580877
Is that CATO SICARIUS, fammed commander of the Ultramarines 2nd Company?
>>
File: 14568765907.jpg (152KB, 616x411px) Image search: [Google]
14568765907.jpg
152KB, 616x411px
>>52580945
Or they could just launch an RKV at us and laugh.
>>
>>52580969
The Tetanus Gang! Because they're all rusty red!
>>
>>52580969
THIN
>>
>>52581001
Depends on if you want our biosphere intact or shaken AND stirred.

But my point stands: If they got to us, they can kill us.
>>
Hey does anyone know where to get those Daemonettes that look like pic? I keep finding ones that look ugly or are almost 100 for 10 minis.
>>
File: gw-99119915010.jpg (269KB, 1500x585px) Image search: [Google]
gw-99119915010.jpg
269KB, 1500x585px
>>52581035
Rip
heres pic
>>
>>52580763
>and our stub guns wouldn't even get past the Munitorum issued t-shirts.

Munitorum issued t-shirts stop fucking lasgun hits.
>>
>>52581035
Since there is no picture, it's probably the diaz daemonettes. They are out of production so your only hope is a recaster for the price point you want
>>
>>52580969
B.O.N.E. 'eadz.
>>
>>52581057
How do you find a re caster that deals with them?
>>
File: 1457141315769.jpg (8KB, 273x135px) Image search: [Google]
1457141315769.jpg
8KB, 273x135px
>>52580969
>modeled armpit hair
>>
File: POOR LITTLE GUARD.jpg (459KB, 1322x1600px) Image search: [Google]
POOR LITTLE GUARD.jpg
459KB, 1322x1600px
>>52581047
>tfw the only thing shittier than your armor is your gun
>>
Roughly how big is a single Imperial Guard regiment?
>>
>>52581074
>tfw 'Eavy Armor is 4ppm
>>
>>52581084
As big as the plot requires.
>>
>>52581074
Do you know how fucked our current balance of power would be if even 100 Lasguns existed in the present? Theyre so goddamn optimized for war its silly. 1000X more efficient than a bolter, just lacking the ability to punch through the back of a tank.
>>
File: 1482527921496.gif (859KB, 811x541px) Image search: [Google]
1482527921496.gif
859KB, 811x541px
>>52581087
>mfw scatlasers are only 10ppm
>>
>>52579957
Didn't they in the animated movie make her into a living doll? Like she doesn't blink and all that.
>>
>>52581084
GrimDark, GrimDerp, NobleBright or in universe sensible size?

We are talking about 40k lore made by people that numbers above 2 digits confuse them.
>>
>>52581067
yoyhammer
>>
>>52580877
Guilliman can be included in ANY "Armies of he Imperium Detachment, regardless of their Faction."
>>
>>52581074

>I2
>>
>>52581112
>GQ lore writers are actually >>52580969
>>
>>52580969
Nork and da Ded Doggz

>Straight Out of Comptimus Prime
>>
>>52581084
Armoured/artillery regiments can be less than 1,000, infantry regiment can be over 100,000. Valhallans had a regiment of 120,000. Cadian 8th is 8,000. Around 10,000 seems like a sure bet for a typical regiment size, but it all depends on the purpose.
>>
>>52581010
Is that a meme or a critique on the paint? Because I actually kind of like how much THICKER the metal plates look than everything else that way. I wonder if he intentionally slapped the grey on unthinned for that reason.
>>
File: 145696704670.jpg (4MB, 2879x2053px) Image search: [Google]
145696704670.jpg
4MB, 2879x2053px
>>52581101
>Perfectly accurate
>No ballistic arc
>Not effected by cross winds
>100 round magazines half the size of a NATO 30 rnd mag
>Can be recharged easier than an iPhone
>More rugged than an Kalash
>Barely any maintenance due to no moving parts
>Lightweight with zero recoil
>Punches fist-sized holes in people

I want one.

Or a hot-shot, which presumably COULD punch through back of a modern tank.

Boltguns are overrated.
>>
>>52580143

>tau
>looking anything like a Gundam

Cute. Go back to your Halo space men and Diablo monsters, Billy.

Ps these tech guys are Iron Man rip iffs. Are you sure they didn't steal from Starcraft as well? All those big space soldiers look just like it!
>>
>>52581112
Yes.

Looking at the wiki, I found the 88th Siege Army (composed entirely of Kriegers), which was composed of 31 regiments and 14 artillery companies, and took somewhere between 14 and 30 million casualties, which seems to imply somewhere ~1-2 million men to a regiment, but I have no idea--

>>52581149
fug posted this while I was typing
going to assume either Kriegers deploy en masse, given their tactics, or GW writers can't into numbers like the above anon mentioned
>>
>>52581074
Yea, that sucks. Hey, what's your average infantry's armor save again?
>6+
And what was your PPM again?
>6
How does it feel knowing the only thing shittier than your armor is your aim?
>>
>>52581129
>implying your initiative will mean anything in 8th
>>
>>52581187
salty guard player detected
>>
>>52581175
Lasguns in any other setting are impressive, in 40k are shit.
>>
Just bought a box of centurions. How should i kit them out for my Iron Hands?
>>
>>52581183
Were those all just Krieger casualties or did it include all Imperial casualties?
>>
>>52581129
>WS4
>T4

>>52581175
Hot Shots are only S3 and AP3. They can probably cause bullet holes or something, but they can't DO anything to it. Likely they'd just scratch them, since S3 can't even harm the weakest of vehicles.
>>
>>52581211
Grav cannons are a pretty safe bet with cents.
>>
>>52581222
>Implying real life tanks aren't like AV8
>>
File: Ork.jpg (38KB, 478x330px) Image search: [Google]
Ork.jpg
38KB, 478x330px
>>52581175
>Heard you umies talking shit
>>
>>52581231
More like AV 15 or 16. Imperium can't into armor (look at the fucking Russ!).
>>
>>52581183
These are the people who think loosing millions of guardsmen taking a planet is a bad thing, when IRL we lost millions of people holding Stalingrad alone.

If your talking casualties per square mile, the guard probably lose fewer men than the Marines in Desert Storm. Though admittedly I haven't crunched those numbers.

They also think 1000 marines is a lot. 1000 marines couldn't hold a Fletcher Frigate together, let alone hold a planet. Sure anywhere they were would be locked down tight, but there would simply be too many places where they are not.
>>
>>52581074
remember when orks used to be scary??
>>
>>52581242
>Look at the advancing wall of AV14 Battlecannons!
>>
>>52581242

Russes are likely made of future-metal that make their design function considering their front armor is tougher than pretty much any alien future-tech in the setting.
>>
>>52581231
I'd say AV12, maybe 13.

>>52581242
>using GW numbers
>ever
>>
>>52581242
200mm of plasteel and ceramite. Stuff they make terminator armour from, the things that can be stepped on by titans.
>>
>>52581242
(you)
>>
>>52581259
I find it very difficult to believe that a modern mlbt is equivalent, at all, to a post Dark Age of Technology tank that goes toe to toe with alien weaponry and comes out on top. You're basically giving them Predator stats
>>
>>52581280
True, but AV8 makes them penetrateable by even regular high caliber rifles. AV11 or 12 makes more sense, tbqh.
>>
>>52581259
Nah, if the Imperium can build space ships that are kilometres long, they definately have far, far stronger materials than we do.

That's so far beyond our material technology it's like a caveman expecting his flint-tipped arrows to penetrate an Abrams.
>>
>>52581220
The low (14m) estimate doesn't count civilian casualties (another 8m), but mentioned 34 regiments, so presumably a couple non-Krieg regiments participated (and some space marines, but their numbers are negligible)

>>52581246
I keep seeing mentions of battles for worlds taking decades and BILLIONS of Imperial Guard casualties; Vraks only took 17 years, even after literal daemons showed up, which makes me wonder why the Death Corps was even there in the first place-- don't they only take suicide missions?
>>
File: 3d Guardsmen.jpg (201KB, 1321x910px) Image search: [Google]
3d Guardsmen.jpg
201KB, 1321x910px
>>52580788
The lasgun and flak armour are pretty great for the Imperial guard. It's just that it is weak compared to shit like the gauss flayer, bolter, and shuriken cannon.

Shame that the guy who made pic related stopped making the Cadian sergeant
>>
>>52581305
Except a Lasgun can and should penetrate them, they've been explicitly said to penetrate armor and concrete with far greater ease.

Also modern takes are penetrated by high caliber rifles. .50 caliber sniper rifles punch holes in armor.
>>
>>52581199
I can't be salty against orks. It's impossible.

Your troops cost more, have worse aim, worse armor save, lower initiative and the same strength. Your heavy support weapons rely on a die roll to be effective. Your "Ignore Moral" mechanic kills more of your own men than our Commissars. Your transports are target practice for our transports, and your light walkers aren't even fearless!

I can't wait for 8th edition. Orks are my favorite enemy lore-wise and I want to see more of them, and I'm hoping the next edition will be very generous to the greenskins.
>>
>>52581310

That is an exaggeration by TVTtropes tier menefaggots who learned their Imperial Guard/Astra Militarum lore via 1d4chan. Go read their codex and FW, cite some sources on expected deployment sizes and campaign timetables for a system.

Black Library doesn't count either. If it did it would make the Guard seem hyper competent, such as in the Sabbat World's Crusade taking back entire worlds within months, even a few years tops.
>>
>>52581360
>tfw Boss Poles used to do the same thing as Commissars
>>
File: 1488942777133.jpg (1MB, 1829x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1488942777133.jpg
1MB, 1829x1046px
>>52581127
Oh? Well that's neat. Is that just the Castellans detatchment though?

Also... Where does it actually say that because I couldn't find it.

>>52580979
Of course it is. He'd never miss the opportunity to photobomb a glorious battle.
>>
>>52580969
I dont know why but I REALLY like the face on the left one. Someone crop and meme that shit, fast.
>>
>>52581175
Fuck yeah, a hot shot lasgun or las pistol would be the absolute shit. Or maybe a splinter rifle
>>
File: 1474150773065.png (284KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
1474150773065.png
284KB, 900x582px
>>52581463
Commissar!
>>
>>52581390
>Also... Where does it actually say that because I couldn't find it.

page 118 , under Datasheets
>>
>>52581344
Not really. A .50 Anti Material Rifle putting a hole in a Bradley? Not sure, but we haven't had any problems yet.

A .50 Cal AT rifle penetrating Composite DU armor? HA! That shit takes hits from far, far higher caliber than a sniper rifle without issue. You need shaped charges or a serious Kinetic Penetrators.
>>
>>52581115
>You
That sub is poppin up nothing for Diaz Damonettes. Every thread is talking about it not being done anymore for casters or looking for them. :/ Rip me.
>>
>>52581578
Fuck accidentally copy pastad you thats what i get for hunting down emails and trying to post
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 1000pts (5).jpg (359KB, 1800x1437px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 1000pts (5).jpg
359KB, 1800x1437px
New player
r8 my IG please
>>
>>52581525
Ahhh - thanks, anon.
>>
>>52581589
from my experience, heavy weapons teams get sniped turn one, so unless your up against orks or tyranid, i'd suggest integrating them into your infantry squads so that way they have a little meat shield. other than that it looks good.
>>
>>52581532
In Afghanistan an M1 Abrams got penetrated by an anti-tank rifle. The shot came in through the turret ring and blasted the commander's seat. Would have taken his ass with it, if he hadn't been reaching up to look through his cupola.
>>
>>52581614
So you'd suggest one in command, and one in each squad?
or put a heavy weapon squad in the platoon then combine squad it with the other 2 squads?
>>
>>52581644
>or put a heavy weapon squad in the platoon then combine squad it with the other 2 squads?

that would work but heavy weapon squads can't be "combine-squaded", so just integrate them into the platoon command and the infantry squads like you said (unless you're playing orks or nids, then you dont have to worry about being sniped and having all your high strength dakka cucked out)
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 650x823px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 650x823px
Does anyone have a download link for this BL novel?
>>
>>52581175
It sounds like that gun is only limited by its user. Which of course is a weak human.
>>
I've never actually bought anything 40k before and only know it from this board, but I'm really tempted to buy some Tau models.

They're just so cool and appeal to everything my inner child loves
>>
>>52581685
http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/novels/smb-eye-of-ezekiel-ebook.html
:^)
>>
File: 1485110002690.jpg (75KB, 631x753px) Image search: [Google]
1485110002690.jpg
75KB, 631x753px
>>52581490
>>
>>52581691
people are going to yell at you for being a weaboo WAACfag. If you like the models buy them, and enjoy.
>>
>>52581691
Just know people will call you a weab who only likes them for the suits, rather than the infantry and hover tanks.
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 1000pts (6).jpg (343KB, 1800x1368px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 1000pts (6).jpg
343KB, 1800x1368px
>>52581677
oh, i didn't notice that in the codex, thanks
So i did just what you said
also removed the vet vox caster since they prolly won't be in range of any order unit and used the 5pts to give a squad sergeant melta bombs
and with the points left from making the teams, i got more power weapons and gave my vets forward sentry
what do you think?
Also, during battle, should my commissar follow my platoon or my vets? i'm pretty sure it should be the platoon
>>
>>52581815
combine squad your two infantry squads, attach the commisar to this combined mini-blob.

the vets should do some damage with the meltas, but I would suggest making them grenadiers instead of forward sentry because that way they have a 4+ armor save. With flakk armor (5+) eldar, marines, necrons, tau are going to be having their way with them in a firefight
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 1000pts (7).jpg (341KB, 1800x1368px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 1000pts (7).jpg
341KB, 1800x1368px
>>52581912
ok, i see what you mean
i wanted to get forward sentry because i'd get raped in a charge
but since i'm planning to use my vets to fuck up the rear line, it's kinda irrelevant

also gave bolt pistols to my sgts instead of boltguns to make better use of their power weapons
and removed one melta bomb to get points for grenadier
>>
Working on a 2000 point Fist of the Medusa list.

It's not a super optimized bike captain list, just something I think would be fun to play around with. Can't decide if I want to go stormlance or battle demi-company with this.

Strike force command, terminator captain with relic blade, cataphractii armor

Armored Task Force

Techmarine with conversion beamer (hanging out with devastators)
Predator with autocannon and heavy bolters
Predator with autocannon and lascannons
Vindicator

Stormlance Demi-company
Chaplain with a jump pack, meltabombs

5-man tactical squad, grav cannon, combi-plasma, razorback with heavy bolter

5-man tactical squad with meltagun, combi-melta, razorback with lascannon + plasma

5-man tactical squad with meltagun, combi-melta, razorback with lascannon + plasma

5-man devastator squad with 4 lascannons, TL lascannon razorback

Land speeder with multimelta and heavy bolter

1st company task force

5 cataphractii terminators. 2 with chainfists, 1 with power fist, 1 with heavy flamer + powerfist, sgt with power sword

5 sternguard in an assault cannon razorback

5 vanguard, sgt with PF+SS, 1 with axe + SS, 3 with double lightning claws
>>
What power weapons should I give my CSM termies? They'll have combi-plasma and a single LC because I had 3pts to spare. I'm thinking an Axe on the champ and mace on the other guy for heavier damage.
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 770pts.jpg (367KB, 1800x1188px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 770pts.jpg
367KB, 1800x1188px
>>52581982
here, i fixed it for you anon

you cant include a heavy flamer and TWO other special weapons, its either 3 special weapons or 1 special weapon and 1 heavy flamer

if you put filler into this list (ie cool shit like power weaopons) you lower the potency to points ratio but I understand you are new and probably lack options for other models.

protip: buy a wyvern next... or shit, TWO wyverns
>>
>>52581390
>>52581127
This may sound dense, but what exactly defines an "armies of the imperium" detachment? Any CAD from a faction of non-heretics or xenos? Castellans of the Imperium? Or literally any imperial faction'd detachment like the Nemesis Strikeforce or Sternhammer?
>>
>>52581776
WAACfag? plz explain

>>52581801
But I like all the shooty aliens
>>
File: 1481846010949.jpg (74KB, 948x669px) Image search: [Google]
1481846010949.jpg
74KB, 948x669px
>>52582096
WAAC means "win at all costs", people that build their armies to win no matter what. General unfun bullshit.

Build whatever you like man, don't let people tell you what to do. Just understand that, especially here, tau players are stigmatized as shitty people.
>>
>>52582096
Win At All Costs. Tau are known for being the faction that attracts Weabs and WAAC like no other due to their plethora of broken rules and fluff that makes them as the most mary sue faction there is.

Nothing wrong with liking basic Tau infantry and vehicles, everything wrong with liking any suit other than a Stealth or Crisis Suit.
>>
>>52579307

Can someone post pictures of Imperial Guard heraldry? I'm looking for a new tattoo idea. I'm not completely sold on the double eagle, I'm trying to find something with a little more flavor.
>>
>>52582130
I dunno, broadsides and ghostkeels aren't that egregious.
>>
File: 20170406_174731.jpg (125KB, 538x896px) Image search: [Google]
20170406_174731.jpg
125KB, 538x896px
> New to the game
> Still getting the hang of the rules
> Brand new player came over today
> Normally play at my LGS so I have no terrain
> End up playing a learning game using canned food, a PS2, a broken metronome, and whatever else I could scavenge as a battlefield
> Had a blast

He only had a small number of models finished (he plays Eldar, I play Space Marines) so we played a 700 point unbound game. Since it was a learning game we didn't bother with morale checks, I may have "forgotten" the venerable rule when he penned my dreads, and I played them as vanilla marines instead of Iron Hands like I normally do. This is turn 2 or 3 after we had already knocked most of the vehicles out on both sides. He managed to knock out enough of my units to pull a 3/2 lead for the win at the end of turn 5 but we played it out for a few more turns for the hell of it.

The thing I love about 40k is that you can have fun even in a completely ghetto situation like this.
>>
>>52582118
>>52582130
Oh yeah no fuck that shit. I'm not nearly competitive enough for that. I just like their aesthetics, lore, and general gameplay from what I can tell.

So suits are just broken as fuck? Shame, they looked badass. Just won't play with them I guess.
>>
>>52582265
Ghostkeel and riptides are broken. Crisis and broadside suits are fine
>>
Looking to get into 40k. Want to play Deldar because the models are beautiful. How much will a decently sized army run me?
>>
>>52582280
I'm not a deldar expert, but usually you can get to 1,000 points for about $200.
>>
File: QSC Kabal.png (206KB, 900x1072px) Image search: [Google]
QSC Kabal.png
206KB, 900x1072px
>>52582280
>Pick what you want from my list
>find FLGS
>???
>Done
>>
>>52582280

You can get the Start Collecting box for $85 and be able to get some real small sized games in, and it will provide a solid foundation for building your army.

Alternately you could just buy a box of troops and start playing Shadow War.

I don't know much about the drew careys but what I do know is that you're going to want to add around $50 to whatever dollar amount someone from this board gives you because you'll need to purchase stuff like a hobby knife, sprue cutters, glue, and most importantly brushes/primer/paint.
>>
>>52582239
Ghostkeels are okay if you only bring one. Once you bring a lot of them or squadron them up, I think it becomes too hard to corner them, pick off their drones, or otherwise deny them their cover save.

They're far more fair of a large centerpiece than a Riptide though.
>>
Who's a better looking model.

Captain Lysander

or.

Asterion Moloc

Looking for a model for a Chapter Master. I have a bit bashed Moloc with a hammer and different shield, but he doesn't really fit in with my Imperial Fist successor vibe.
>>
File: 99800102002_FabiusBileNEW_01.jpg (41KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99800102002_FabiusBileNEW_01.jpg
41KB, 600x620px
>>52581685
Just added to...

https://mega.nz/#F!9zAjGSwI!GH98VYtG1nYcALyUnlf1Eg
>>
>>52582359
why is he wearing a corset
>>
>>52582167

pls halp
>>
File: negro_skin.jpg (13KB, 288x127px) Image search: [Google]
negro_skin.jpg
13KB, 288x127px
>>52582167
>>
>>52579473
So basically the same strategy that ruins Infinity?
Makes sense.
>>
>>52582513
you don't wear lab corsets made out of human flesh why you do unethical human experiments while building nu-marines? weird
>>
File: 5T5nDNt.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
5T5nDNt.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>52579957
Bato and Aramaki were the only good characters in that movie, which was a godsend because they both stole the shot in every scene they appeared in. And Bato had almost exactly as much screentime as The Major in it.

I would have said that I wished Togusa had more scenes in it, since he was a fairly decent character. Although oddly enough he was the only American in the original series, but he became one of the only MC Japs in the new movie. Despite that, they went the extra mile in little details by insisting Togusa had to have a MATEBA.
>>
>>52579457

is this done in order to avoid player 1, turn 1 alpha strike?

because if thats the case, the easiest way to avoid turn 1 shenanigans is to play on a 8' by 4' table, and have a turn 0. deploy your shit furthur back. Astra Militarum gets fucked over on tables 6' by 4' because they can't use their superior range. shit, even orks do better on a 8' by 4'
>>
>>52579457
Probably would turn out nicely.

Would need to rework psychic, but that's got to happen anyway.
>>
>>52582780

This looks like the definition of a "I had to have three colors to play in a tournament" paintjob.

To be fair though, being painted whatsoever is a step above the norm for Tau players, so bravo sir.
>>
>>52580337
I can pretty much confirm that even in the books they rarely if ever use their comms. It seems an extremely common trope in 40k for the "Finicky as fuck comms to fail the moment you need them most". Anything and absolutely everything up to and including simply existing can cause Comms in 40k to stop working.

> Orks are screaming really loudly, therefore the comms don't work
> Daemons exist, Comms are now SCREAMING
> Tyranids are nearby, lol comms are jammed
> Necrons are literally anywhere in the system, spooky skellytech has disabled all your comms
> Traitor guard have linked into your comms channel and have entire teams dedicated to screaming at you over your own comms.
> Sometimes the universe simply fucking hates you, therefore your comms don't work.

In fact, I can't even remember the last time I read a character ever successfully using his comms in a book..
>>
File: 7ay5UIT.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
7ay5UIT.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>52582808
I want to come up with ways to make the paint-scheme better. Like I used some coutershading on the gun scopes to make them look like shiny lenses. But I'm sure there's lots of details that I could probably add to improve. So far the scheme is this idea:

> Gloss Black Armour
> Gloss Blue Secondaries
> Neon Blue Highlights(on both black and blue)
> Red and Green Lenses
> Squad Leaders have solid blue secondaries, while the scrubs have stripes.

I actually came up with this scheme back when I was just a little kid first getting into 40k with the Dawn of War games. But one day I somehow ended up with a space marines army for christmas, and so I got spared from learning to play off a faggy army.
>>
How do I get into the Lore of this setting? Are there novels I can read?
>>
>>52582938
Start here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MeVxKZBOfM

Go to your local bookstore and ask for your choice of the following:
> Gaunt's Ghosts
> Ciaphas Cain
> Horus Rising
>>
>>52582961
Does it matter which one I start with?
>>
got a hot scoop here
>>
>>52582783
Might be more of a matter of wanting to have the game be more engaging for both players and avoid massive swings and weird null deployments. If people alternate with units then you do avoid those alpha strikes.

>the easiest way to avoid turn 1 shenanigans is to play on a 8' by 4' table, and have a turn 0

So, what? An extra turn where everyone runs the extra foot forward into their actual deployment zone while waiting for even drop-pods to arrive?

How is that going to solve alpha strikes? Now you have a few moments to scramble before those drop pod marines fuck up your day and the day of anything with hope of reaching their backfield objective campers, and any army that's not fast or durable enough to get there is going to be picked apart by 72" guns that actually matter.

Personally, for those sorts of artiller units, I'd like the ability to keep them in reserve and bombard the table from maximum range, but also allow the enemy to deep-strike there if they want.

Sure, they might kill the random artillery battery, but then their deep strike unit is going to be sitting there with little way to get to the main fight.
>>
>>52582992
Welp, real enough for me.
>>
File: 19191815611.png (332KB, 466x419px) Image search: [Google]
19191815611.png
332KB, 466x419px
>>52582992
>Traitor Legions on the spine
I smell a bamboozle....
>>
>>52582987
Nope. Gaunt's Ghost is a series that can be read in no particular order. It's more of a "Horror" series in 40k about ordinary dudes trying to survive.

Ciaphas Cain is a very lighthearted series that also doesn't have to be read in any order. It's more of a comedic series that's both totally serious, and will leave you laughing constantly while reading it.. Especially since it plays straight that the main character is a "Cowardly Commissar" that runs away screaming bloody murder at everything, but accidentally saves the day by sheer stupid luck every time.

Horus Rising is the first book in the Horus Heresy series, and thus you need to read the first three books in order. But after that you aren't expected to read them in order anymore, so it goes like this
> Horus Rising
> False Gods
> Galaxy in Flames
And then optionally read Flight of the Eisenstein immediately after Galaxy in Flames.. Since it literally starts 5 minutes after the end of Galaxy in Flames.
>>
>>52583015
It's clearly a supplement for Traitor Legions, dumbo.
>>
>>52583021
is there a novel that explains what started it all? Or is the universe just set in its ways?
>>
>>52582247
Ah, nothing like a friendly ad-hoc game!

Battle Brothers! Today the vile Edritch Eldar of Sony are attempting to capture our magnificent transport the "Sterilite"! We cannot allow this to happen!
Our Scouts will deploy and immediately charge for Tissue Hill, while our mighty dreadnaughts defend the mighty wooden bulwarks to the east...
>>
>>52583057
Eh not really, most of the fluff is scattered around across literally hundreds of books and thousands of Wiki Pages. For the most part you only need to know the primer written on the inside cover of every 40k publication.

"It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries The Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants - and worse.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods. note "
>>
>>52583057

Started it all, as in 40k in general? Horus Heresy technically, but not sure I'd start with that
>>
>>52583057
Look at the Index Astartes Apocrepha. Has photos of old articles from back in the day that modern fluff is based around. Great coffee-table-book.
>>
>>52582992
>that sharp transition from cover to spine
>spine reads traitor legions
>an attempt was made/10
>>
>>52582783

>set up on 8x4 board
>space Marines drop pod
>(d)eldar turbo boost
>daemons have more time to summon
>>
File: tumblr_onypd9f3pL1rsavpbo1_1280.png (850KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onypd9f3pL1rsavpbo1_1280.png
850KB, 1280x718px
... okay then.
>>
>>52583196
I think it might work if you simply added a foot to each person's deployment zone. They'd be the same distance apart, but you'd have more room on your side to spread out your guys and help mitigate deep-strikes and other things. I mean, imagine another foot between your forward battle tanks and your backfield artillery. That's a lot of ground any melta team would have to cover between one to the next.
>>
>>52582992
>its in comic sans
>>
>>52583075

It's actually a metal whale on top of a box of matches, but from the picture it does look like a tissue dispenser.

I'm gonna be picking up some materials this weekend to start building some terrain. I found a pretty nice tutorial for a little concrete checkpoint/bunker that is super easy to build and only requires some foam, sealant, and paint.
>>
>>52579480
There would definitely be support troops...most likely Skitarii. But indentured vassals of the Knight House would be a great way to tie in an allied guard army. I'd use Solar Guard
>>
How do chapters of like 2,500 space marines make a difference in battles involving literally tens of millions of troops on either side?
>>
Dark Eldar buffs fucking when?
>>
>>52583346
The same way special forces do.
>>
>>52583346

AM is referred to as "the emperor's hammer" because they crush shit under pure weight of force

SM is referred to as "the emperor's sword" because they stab straight through the heart. an elite fighting force designed to disable armies far larger.
>>
>>52583346
Each marine worth 100 guardsmen.
T. Rogal Dorn.
>>
File: images (22).jpg (17KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (22).jpg
17KB, 443x332px
>>52583355

Because you got those sweet sweet double dubs, you will receive your Buffs in 8th edition.
>>
>>52583346
Same way that Tau empire is relevant. By the power of plot.
>>
>>52583358
But special forces didn't turn the tide in major battles like Stalingrad, Kursk, Berlin, Guadacanal, or even really had a discernible impact on the war really at all, outside of intelligence gathering and a little sabotage.
>>
>>52583413

That you know of.

There's a reason they're special forces.
>>
>>52583346
Marines in fluff are absurdly OP.
>>
>>52583231
At that point they should have just skipped the legs and made it a tank.
>>
>>52583346
marines are really good
>>
>>52583419
Nah, their impact was a fucking rounding error, excepting the smuggling of Enigma.
>>
>>52583495
>I FUCKING 2
>>
Had an interesting game today, was a 3-way between 2 eldar and a tau army, 500pts. I was playing Eldar, and we did a custom mission: Rescue. We played on a 6x4 table, each of us having one of 6 "squares" to deploy in, with an objective in the centre of the square. We used spare HQ models as the objectives, representing a captured general, and we each had to rescue one by holding the objective at the end of the game, plus STW, LB, FB. My general was in the Tau players square, and I stole the initiative, and so powered straight into him and took out most of his FW squad. Didn't do anything to the Ghostkeel though. Other Eldar player turbo-boosted a serpent full of Dire Avengers with his Farseer right into my homebase on his turn, and had to split his army to deal with infiltrating stealthsuits going for his objective.

Turn 2 I charged the Keel with my scorps and tear it apart, then consolidated towards the objective with a pirhana on it. Killed the Serpent with my scatbikes, only kill 2 of the avengers inside with my vypers. He in turn knocked out one of the vypers with the DA shooting, then the Farseer took the remaining one's last HP with a witchblade in melee, cons. towards my obj. Tau player is down to just his stealthsuits(he had shadowsun in there), they wipe an Avenger squad

Turn three my bikes/farseer got wiped by his scatbikes bar one, who fled. Tau player camps his last stealthsuit on other eldar objective, goes after other eldar's bikes with Shadowsun.

Turn 4 his DA squad wipes mine off the board and he camps on my obj, his bikes take out my Scorps, my last bike does nothing to his bikes, game ended turn 5.

Good fun, the new mission scenario was great, allowed for fun backstabby play as we were all giving each other advice on how to best fuck over the others, would definitely play again. Other Eldar guy won with 6 points to my 3, despite me getting FB and LB. Tau guy came in last, was a good sport tho.
>>
Reminder that Genecults are the radical Muslims of the 40k universe
>>
>>52583548
Pretty much. I liked it better when gamesworkshop didnt represent 3rd world trash minorities.
>>
File: 1363825674128.jpg (51KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
1363825674128.jpg
51KB, 1024x575px
>>52583548
not buying it since everyone in 40k is radical and the gods get upset if you don't worship enough
>>
>tfw starting my Sisters army by picking up random individual minis from Ebay

This is going to be a labour of love. Fortunately I have some Guard to fill in the gaps for now.
>>
File: images.jpg (23KB, 321x458px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
23KB, 321x458px
>>52583548
JIHAD !!!
>>
File: 7bmUYhR.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
7bmUYhR.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>52583548
> When the Genestealers claim to be a melee race, so you 1-shot their Patriarch with a Power Fist.
>>
>>52582272
ghostkeel out of formation is fine
>>
File: 1480422156374.jpg (315KB, 556x800px) Image search: [Google]
1480422156374.jpg
315KB, 556x800px
>>52582992
Wrong cover, too obvious.
Also the real font is easily available no need to goth with fucking comic sans.

2/10 apply yourself.
>>
>>52583634
That's a terrible idea.
It's usually actually cheaper buying them straight from GW than ebay.
>>
>>52583651
Which armies are melee races?

Space Wolves and Black Templars?
>>
>>52583677
World Eaters.
Slaanesh Daemons
>>
>>52583495
>Marine kills a single ork
>rest end up dying due to sweeping advance

fuck 7th edition
>>
>>52583651
Good luck getting through 20 autopass Look Out, Sirs.
>>
Dark Eldar just murder fuck their way around wherever the hell they want.
Their models are kinda cool, without being dumb or coming off as trying too hard to be cool.
They're not absurdly strong like CWE.

Why are DE as unpopular as they are?
>>
File: bSjHQdU.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
bSjHQdU.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>52583677
Any race with access to Elite units with a strong combination of High Initiative, High Strength, High Armour, High Invuln Saves(With buffs to make said invulns better), and High Toughness.

Genestealers have very poor Toughness and Armour, but have High Initiative and High Strength attacks that can shred armour. But they also don't have access to conistently good invuln saves.

So Genestealers, Orks, and Deldar are all B-rate Melee Races. Since they have poor coverage on the list of necessary parts for being a melee race.

Space Marines, all Space Marines sub-chapters.. Tau(when you optimize Crisis suits for Melee), and especially Daemons make for good Melee Races.
>>
>>52583721
Because they're shit
>>
>>52583346
They assassinate the leadership, tie up the army's logistics, and surgically remove any leader who might prevent a defeat from turning into a rout. That's a 75% force multiplier across the board. Done.
>>
>>52583741
So are orks, but they still seem super common.
I haven't seen many tyranid, but I hear about em frequently.
Deathwatch seem common, too.
>>
File: 1488714329423.jpg (62KB, 800x521px) Image search: [Google]
1488714329423.jpg
62KB, 800x521px
>>52583721
they're actually pretty popular. if anything they lost a lot of their punch due to edition changes and okay book. i almost started them back in 5th at the height of their power

>>52583733
>GSC
don't need saves when you can get into combat turn 1 or close enough to slaughter with tons of flamers
>>
File: pedro.png (73KB, 676x2013px) Image search: [Google]
pedro.png
73KB, 676x2013px
My list for my first game on tuesday, it's not meant to be WAAC just uses units I like. Namely, assault centurions, heavy bolters, and pedro kantor.

What do you think?

Grav drop pod for riptides/etc
Centurions for tanks/TEQ
Scouts for obsec (sternguard too if they survive)
Devastators for antiMEQ, and slight anti tank with IF tank hunter bonus
>>
>>52583760
Orks are fucking funny though. Deldar are edgy, but not cartoonishly edgy to the point of being fucking absurd like Chaos either.
>>
>>52583760
Orks are fun for conversions in a way few other armies can match, the game itself is just a perk.
>>
File: Better melee list than orks.png (45KB, 578x309px) Image search: [Google]
Better melee list than orks.png
45KB, 578x309px
>>52583790
>>52583776
>>52583760
>>52583741
I would like to challenge any Ork player here to try and build a better melee list than me. Crisis suits are strictly superior Ork Nobz in every conceivable way. This means tau are the TRUE MELEE RACE.

>And still I2~!
>>
>>52583823
All deff dreads, can't flame that,
>>
>>52582118
A while ago I had my first ever battle against Tau. The text on the friendly game day was "Leave the 11 wraithknight-ish lists at home."

I played a footslogging mono Slaanesh CSM and Daemon mix for max horde.

The player I ended up against had a Riptide wing, Optimized stealth bullshit, and so much other bullshit I just gave up remembering what it did.

Short version, that guy got more time in my turn then I did with my horde army because of all the absurd reaction shooting and generally "I win because" rules that it was painfull.

I learned to hate tau that day.
>>
>>52583957
Please tell me he didn't paint his Tau army
>>
>>52583823

> 1851 points

You went full retard
>>
>>52583979
Primed white with a few lines painted here and there on some models.
>>
Harlequin HQ units fucking when?
>>
>>52584018
Triumvirate? Don't have to play ynnari to have one of them lead your army
>>
>>52584018
With Ynnari around, probably forever. I'd want Sylandri Veiwalker, or a named female Solitaire would be nice.
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 2000pts (1).jpg (677KB, 1800x2948px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 2000pts (1).jpg
677KB, 1800x2948px
I'm gonna play my first 2k points game in forever tomorrow against a chaos space marine player, probably death guard, gonna bring this list. Before you ask about how the infantry is loaded out, I'm using Steel Legion models. At best I could drop the grenade launchers for lasguns, but I figure a grenade launcher is just a better lasgun anyway.
I told him I'm gonna use a Baneblade beforehand, and I'm kinda scared he's gonna bring a cheesy list because I think he's got something against Lords of War.
>>
Just bought a Reaver Titan with the classic loadout.

Fuck my wallet.
>>
File: 1482935985265.png (20KB, 250x222px) Image search: [Google]
1482935985265.png
20KB, 250x222px
>>52584094
>>
Do I need to rinse my plastic models in water before painting? Or does that only apply to resin
>>
Tau get bad rap.
>buy Tau because I like fire warrior blobs and hammerheads
>accidentally signed up for meme army of our generation
Almost every army can field bs lists, you don't see people bitch about Eldar or Slanesh Demons half as much as about tau
>>
>>52584193
Resin
>>
>>52584215
Everyone bitches about Eldar
I fucking hate bike lists more than anything
I WISH I had a Tau player to play against.
>>
>>52583775
I realize this isn't going to win any tournaments or anything, and I'd like to be able to be competitive.

Does anyone have any advice for an imperial fist 1250 list? I'd prefer to have kantor or Lysander as a warlord, and I know for sure there will be at least a gravcent pod
>>
> Master, forgive me, but I'll have to go all out... just this once
>>
>>52584243
*Teleports behind you* "Heh, nothing personal heretic..."
>>
>>52584243
It's a shame, that's a really well painted mini.
>>
File: image.jpg (120KB, 720x824px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 720x824px
>>52584215
Everybody can, but of the 3 chaos player i know 1 does it, while all the Tau players i know do it. It's all about statistics.
>>
>>52579816
I've never had any problem using clippers on resin. One quick cut is all it takes, and its even less belligerent than plastic.
>>
>>52584215
>buy eldar because aspect warriors are fucking cool as shit
>strangers never want to play me because of Wraith unit and bike ptsd
>>
>>52584338
>tell them you play harlequins or dark eldar instead
>they pull out their riptide tau army

every time
>>
>>52584215
The people that only complain about the Tau are faggots who only lurk 1d4chan. Anyone who even remotely knows how to play will tell you bike lists are bullshit unless they're a massive WAAC faggot.
>>
File: Imperial Fists - 1250pts (3).jpg (427KB, 1800x1267px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Fists - 1250pts (3).jpg
427KB, 1800x1267px
>>52584235
This is kind of what I was thinking
>>
What's the correct use of an exterminator autocannon Leman Russ?
>>
>>52584357

I play SM so my solution for Tau is spamming drop pods filled with Assault Marines.
>>
>>52584380
Tau aren't really even that bad outside of riptide/markerlight spam, unlike Eldar who's nearly entire codex is basically printed bullshit.
>>
>>52584403
Eldar is strong, but it's not THAT bad if you avoid the super broken bullshit like bikes, d-scythes and vaul's wrath.

Depends on what you're up against too, of course they'll slam shitdexes like Orks and Nids with basically any list.
>>
>>52584415
In my experience they're still pretty strong even when not going full cheese. At the very least they're all around above the average curve.
>>
>>52584445
For sure above average, and you basically have to ally with dark eldar/harlies to intentionally weaken your army vs low tier dexes since you don't really have any dump choices (wraithblades aren't THAT awful)

But just as the communitys hatred for Tau is overdone, same goes for Eldar. Only saim-hann styled turbo cheese jetbike lists are raw bullshit that completely justifies declining every game offer from that player.
>>
>>52584243

>This level of weeb in the pose and stance.

>Japanese never fought European swordmasters.

>The Katana is a heavy lump of iron that's a little sharp. The fought against bamboo armored opponents. Thy changed to guns the moment they got them.
>>
File: flambévets.png (25KB, 780x176px) Image search: [Google]
flambévets.png
25KB, 780x176px
>>52582070
Can have two special and a heavy flamer infact
>>
>>52584530
>They changed to guns the moment they got them.
So did everyone else?
>>
>>52584530
Antiweebs are as bad as weebs

The katana was just a sword. There's not much more to it. It wasn't a shitty sword, it wasn't the best sword ever. It was a single-edged sword. Much like swords in European and Middle Eastern warfare, it was a sidearm and status symbol.

They swapped to guns immediately because the guns that were around when they were introduced to the concept were pretty fucking advanced, not the unreliable, horribly inaccurate morale weapon of the 1500s.
>>
Is there any way to make a close combat oriented Imperial Guard list?
>>
>>52584555
yes, put ogryns on bikes
>>
>>52584470
You can even make jetbike lists work if you dont put scatterlasers on everybody/dont use minmum units of 3/use toys over boys.
>>
Does anyone know if the type of helmet that company the company champion model wears has a name?
>>
>>52584539
>>52584538

Guns changed warfare for the Japanese. I have done my history of the Edo Period.

Japanese katana and the samurai are given a level of hype which is out of proportion to their actual combat capabilities. The level people think a heavy blade vs a carbon steel blade with a warrior who was well fed and tail, and very strong. They don't stand a chance.

Also, swords held in that reverse hand style is retarded. Good luck getting a blow on mark with any force.
>>
Katanas were good swords just because japan is not rich on iron, so whatever iron they got had great value, and they tried their best to make it finest sword they can (so basically like a good european sword). It was only affordable by relatively rich ppl like samurai, rest of the people used bo staves and yari spears that took little iron.
>>
>>52584568
It doesn't seem to match any existing armour mark.
>>52584581
It's a good thing Europeans didn't try to invade Japan then innit
>>
>>52584604

A glance at a map would tell you why...
>>
>>52584604
>It doesn't seem to match any existing armour mark.
It sort of looks like a grey knight helmet, but space marines should not have access to those.
>>
>>52584609
Do you actually think people don't know why?
Where were you raised, in the United States?
>>52584618
I thought the same, but I guess it's gotta be a customized Mark 8 or something. Maybe artificer armour if champions have access to that.
>>
>>52584634

How long was boat travel to and from Japan to Europe and how many nations knew?
>>
>>52584654
IT'S FUCKING OBVIOUS
WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE IT'S NOT
>>
>>52584374

Making it the wingman of pask in a punisher.
>>
>>52582070
You're incredibly wrong and need to stop giving advice. Two specials and a Half flamer is legal for vets. We're not some undersupplied guerilla strike force like your precious SPEESH MURINES. The AM arms it's men with every advantage they can get.
>>
>>52580214

"Why they don't use vox sets for something other than giving a motivational pep talk to a platoon that's in the process of being dismembered by Orks I don't know, but thats the canon as it stands."

Samus is the man beside you.
>>
>>52580214
Phh, that picture makes it look slightly more advanced and faster than WW1 communications between frontlines and Generals
>>
>>52580687

I always felt like it was a common-parlance distinction between the "fuckhueg bullets" school of overkill (deagle) vs the "fuckhueg rate of fire" school (Uzi).
>>
>>52584243

Looks cool to me.

Weeby? Sure, but it's still a pretty good landing after leaping with two swords pose. Conveys a fuck ton more action than most wargaming minis.
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 920x950px
Custard bikes are up. £30 per.
>>
>>52584914
Hahaha Fuck me I just bought two full squads.

Two squads of six with two Corvae Las-Pulsars in each.

Tempted to buy a third and give them all Adrathic weapons.
>>
>>52584928

I want them for my army, but the combo of poor pose and £180 for two min squads is offputting.
>>
>>52584950
Buy recasts when they come out and mix them with the plastic models.
>>
>>52584955

I don't magically have my hands on a good recaster, and am usually content enough with a 25% online discount for plastics...
>>
So what're the pros/cons of running a Gretchin Only army?
>>
>>52585143
>Pro
Cheap, BS 3

>Cons
S/T 2, LD 4
>>
>>52585178
>>52585143
Oh and no HQ.

You also have to take orks runtherds to lead your troops.
>>
File: Vraksian_Renegade_Militia1.jpg (241KB, 697x907px) Image search: [Google]
Vraksian_Renegade_Militia1.jpg
241KB, 697x907px
Does anyone have any tips on running a Reneagades and Heretics army? I've decided on either a Nurgle or Merc scheme. Wanna do artillery heavy.
>>
>>52583664
Out of curiousity, what is the name of the font used for Codex covers?
>>
>>52585233
Massed respawning meat in front, ordnance tyrant artillery in back letting you target enemies tied in melee with your own units
>>
Are there any viable builds for an assault-heavy main-codex Marine army?

I'm looking to start Raptors since they sort of match my leafblower Guard army, but I'd want something that plays different so I'm thinking choppy rather than dakka.

I'm not a WAAC-off but I don't want something that will get laughed off the field either. I guess the level I'm going for is "FLGS games-night competitive but fun to play against".

Bonus points if it can be Raptor-fluffy?
>>
>>52585248

Phillip.
>>
When are we getting more information about the Death guard update?
>>
>>52584914
What is this? Attack of the flying shoes?
>>
File: 1486955046939.png (25KB, 579x329px) Image search: [Google]
1486955046939.png
25KB, 579x329px
>>52585248
Which one? main title, second line or quotes?

These are the ones i use for my shoops
>>
>>52585322
I actually prefer this over flying dildo.
>>
>>52585250
What artillery guns should I use for the majority. I was thinking of ditching my Wyverns in favour of field guns but I'm not certain
>>
>>52585348
Whoa, it does look like a dildo.
>>
>>52585258
How's that?
Shrouded scouts survive turn one, deep strike and assault with everything turn two
>>
>>52585431
Well personally I'd go balls to the wall with Heavy ordnance batteries, those earthshakers are cheap as dirt and fucking murder.

For 5 point extra you can even wreck tanks with breacher shells.

But field artillery are great for their cost too.
>>
>>52585465

And it's even got scouts aplenty*. Cheers, m8!

*: My personal skulgun is that Raptors operate out of power armor as the need requires, sort of like Deathwatch can do in the RPG. Not sure how/if that works with the black carapace.
>>
>>52583231
MOMMY
>>
File: ResinGyrfalconJetbikeContent.jpg (152KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ResinGyrfalconJetbikeContent.jpg
152KB, 1000x1000px
>>52585322
Imperial go-karts
>>
>>52583634
Boy are you going to feel silly when they announce plastic sisters in a few months
>>
>>52585465
I played against similar list.
Lets say, shrouded does not help in melee.
>>
>>52585575
ah wasn't really expecting the scouts to be doing any assaulting, more of objective holders and guides for the vanguard (if they deep strike within 9"of the scouts they don't scatter)

This was more of a conceptual lift for him that asked about SM assault armies
>>
>>52584568
Looks like a custom version of mk2 or 3, like what the grey knights wear. Blood angels have something similar, with 3 blood drops on the same side as that guys cross
>>
>>52585557
Its glorious
>>
File: 1482701075655.png (543KB, 620x430px) Image search: [Google]
1482701075655.png
543KB, 620x430px
>>52585557
>>
anyone really concerned that if they go with save modifiers that MEQ's will get fucked.
>>
>>52585575
>>52585722

My Raptors force is really being conceived of as a hammer to my tank-heavy IG's anvil so assaulting scouts probably aren't too necessary.
>>
>>52585811
Half the guns ignoring your save
vs.
Half the guns reducing it to 5+

No, not worried at all
>>
>>52585823
It could be all of the guns reducing your save, with half outright removing it. Bolters might get a -1 to saves, same with pulse rifles, etc, while things that would normally negate the save would still do so.

ap4 might be -2 to a save as well
>>
>>52585811
With all the ap2/3 thats arround now-a-adays
not in the slightest.

honeslty, i am just looking forward to the cover save as modifyers thing: my whole army having -2 to hit aginst it on the first turn is gunna be halirious
>t. alpha legion
>>
>>52585847
Ap 1 Rend 3
Ap 2-3 Rend 2
Ap 4-5 Rend 1
Ap 6/- Rend 0

Most probable progression.
Maybe AP 2 is rend 3 but that's abotu as bad as i can see it getting.

No point shitting yourself and flailing on the floor before it even lands.
>>
>>52585847
>>52585811
remember that str wil also modify saves so bolt guns are, at min, going to be -2, just from str 4+ap 5
>>
>>52585895
I rekon its going to be
Ap 1 Rend 4
Ap 2 Rend 3
Ap 4-3 Rend 2
Ap 6/5 Rend 1
>>
>>52585900
>str will also modify saves
No evidence it will.
>>
File: 776.jpg (432KB, 867x1300px) Image search: [Google]
776.jpg
432KB, 867x1300px
>>52585564
^____________^ ( ;_; )
>>
>>52585895
>>52585900

So terminators will be the unholy killing machines they were before (probably including riptides now) and MEQ's and anything worse can get fucked.
>>
>>52585915
apart from the stuff in SW:A which is what most of the rumours ae based off
>>
>>52585900
don't think they'll do rend and strength mods, it'll be one or the other (except in melee maybe)
>>
Anyone have the rules for 3 player games?

I recall they where a thing back when GW at least pretended to care about the game and hobby
>>
>>52585917
Get onboard the hype train
>>
>>52585923
unlikly
my guess is that termintors will be gods (as they should be ) and 'tides will just have a 2+ on a single D6
>>
>>52585923
to be fair terminators are MEANT to be unholy killing machines
>>
>>52585926
they do in SW
>>
Why is it that Terminator Champions pay full price for their wargear options while the regular Chaos Terminators pay discounted prices?
>>
>>52585924
Rumors a burning pile of shit not worth the bits and pixels they occupy

>>52585929
Is the only thing worth the time.

>>52585954
And it's a fucking Necromunda reskin, one where they accidentally included necromunda terms.
>>
>>52585954
only in melee, for shooting you use the profile of the weapon you don't include strength modifiers
>>
>>52585964
They get to Roll on boon table/buy guaranteed positive pre-game boon.
>>
>>52579339
Shit that's cool.

¿Is any afficial chapter close to that?

Would be cool to have a Japanese-Culture oriented chapter.

Not weeaboo, I mean seriously, like the two principal variants of samurai, those who were extremely loyal the theyr shogun and the others who where more like mercenaries, with all the head-hunting and proving theyr master-crafted power katanas (wich would have the rules of normal master-crafted power swords) with imprisoned xenos too.

Also, Bushido was a rule, but like al rules it was not always followed and many times it was reduced to a series of guidelines.
>>
>>52585997
A chapter around honour n shit would be cool. I'd say that it'd have to be subtle with the japanese themes so they dont just look like Tau Marines
>>
File: 1482377500004.jpg (78KB, 600x774px) Image search: [Google]
1482377500004.jpg
78KB, 600x774px
>>52585929
i was on the hype train for sister february... it crashed. i will never hop on a sister train again
>>
>>52585978
>Character model that has exact same wargear as other models in the unit pays a premium because the have access to a random table that they have to dish out 10 points for a 1/3 chances for nothing, 1/3 chance for something that isn't useful, and when they kill a character they get to roll on that same table for a 1/6 for nothing, 1/6 for getting royally fucked over, 1/3 for nothing useful, 1/3 for something

>guaranteed positive
What reality did you come from? If you get a gift of mutation, you don't reroll the "nothing" result, you just reroll the shit results. By you're logic you're paying a premium for wargear because you have access to a random table.

The reason the regular terminators get discounted wargear is because THEY ALREADY PAY FOR IT. They have power weapons and combi bolters; having to pay 15 points for a lclaw when you're replacing your 15 point power weapon is retard (fucking dark apostle).

There's no good reason for it, just shitty rules writers.
>>
>>52586164
>it crashed
>veryidyan, celestine, SoS
Nah man. It just left the station.
>>
>>52586164
Until the next time something that looks remotely like a fleur de lys, stiletto boot or a tit is "leaked"
>>
>>52586078
Yeah that above everything.

I'd go for a different style of japanese, as I kinda said, the bloody-gory style, but still honorific.

I can already imagine Dreadnoughts with the traditional demon masks, and terminators armed with Kanabos.
>>
>>52586170
Vyridian is fail cast,
Celestine is not a SoB
SoS are even less of a SoB than Celestine
Full plastic range like GSC or AdMech
>>
>>52586239
>Vyridian is fail cast,
And she sold more than double GW's MAXIMUM sale prediction

>Celestine is not a SoB
This meme again

>SoS are even less of a SoB than Celestine
Yeah, but they have the same general appeal

>Full plastic range like GSC or AdMech
It's coming you nerd, all the releases so far are a prelude. God damn. You can't say the train crashed when the SoB got two (and a half counting SoS, more if you count the immolator rerelease) releases in the past 6 months, which more than they've had in the past 10+ years.
>>
>>52586268
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE
>>
>>52586268
Thanks to GW incompetent shipping I got two Vyridians. The only way I could assemble a single half decent one.

No failcast should go for ever it was a mistake

Side note, the meme is not wrong thou.
>>
>>52586301
>Saint Celestine is a revered Living Saint of the Adepta Sororitas's Order of Our Martyred Lady.
neck yourself
>>
File: 5431414.png (565KB, 540x457px) Image search: [Google]
5431414.png
565KB, 540x457px
>>52586301
>failcast sprue blends into the actual mold
>>
>>52586320
>Join Celestine to a squad of Seraphim.
>Seraphim no longer can use their Act of Faith
>Celestine leave the squad of Seraphim
>They can now use their AoF

That is why the "not a SoB" is a thing.
>>
>>52582096
People don't do this irl. Just on 4chan.
>>
>>52585528
Awesome, I'll try it out and see how it goes for me
>>
>>52586170
>SoS
Would be hated by the SoB by the facts that they are an atheistic organization that only recruits boanks, which means that they would be reviled even by the common citizen.
>>
>>52586348
That's because the new codex will have a totally different faith system
>>
>>52586348
You know they FAQ'd that, right?
>>
>>52586471
link?
>>
>>52586476

Find it yourself, fgt
>>
>>52586485
So you're lying?

good to know.
>>
>>52586471
No they didn't.
They haven't even FAQ the transport situation in IA. The Guard and Inquistion was not the FAQ about transport people where asking for
>>
>>52586576
>>52586576
>>52586576
fresh memes
>>
>>52586532
what were people asking about then?
>Page 46 – Faction and Allies
Add the following to the end of the first paragraph:
‘Transports from this Faction can transport AstraMilitarum, Militarum Tempestus and Inquisition units as if they were all of the same Faction.’
>>
>>52586600
Yah the 3 factions that already had access to Valks and Chimeras.

We are talking about rhinos, Landraider, black star, Valks and Chimeras with the rest of the damn codex.
>>
>>52586622
as in: "can I put my IA henchmen warband in a Land raider?"
>>
>>52586673
Or the multi faction unit.
The one thing that really need some explanation was the stupid Acolyte formation thingy.
>>
>>52586755
What's the question about multi-faction units?

A unit can (potentially) have unlimited factions.

And a unit can only go in a Transport that has all tags that the unit inside has

>Ynnari Wave Serpent has factions Ynnari/Craftworld.

>Blade of Ynnead has only Ynnari tag. So all his tags match, so he can ride in the WS.
>Ynnari Fire Dragons have the Ynnari/CWE tag, all the tags match, so they can ride in the WS.
>Ynnari Wyches have the Ynnari/Dark Eldar faction. They have a faction that doesn't match, thus they cannot ride in the WS.

So if an Inquisition Henchman has GKs/SOB/DW they'd have the GK/SOB/DW + Inquisition faction. But if they bought a Dedicated Transport I would assume that the transport would have the same faction (s) as the unit that bought it.

>I'm assuming this is the question.
>>
>>52586857
It doesn't work as Eldar stuff

In that formation some units can't buy transport while others can only buy certain transport and some transport have their own faction.

In that massive unit you can en having:
SoB
Aeronautica
Astropath thingy
Mechanicus
Inquistion

Only two of them where mention in the transport FAQ.
>>
>>52586952
You didn't read the end then.

>So if an Inquisition Henchman has GKs/SOB/DW they'd have the GK/SOB/DW + Inquisition faction. But if they bought a Dedicated Transport I would assume that the transport would have the same faction (s) as the unit that bought it.
>But if they bought a Dedicated Transport I would assume that the transport would have the same faction (s) as the unit that bought it.
>I would assume that the transport would have the same faction (s) as the unit that bought it.
>assume

Because how it stands transports only have the GK/DW/SOB faction, while the formation has Inquisition + GK/DW/SOB factions.
>>
>>52587069
Everyone in there can buy a transport (well not the Psyker and mech) and one of the transport is their own faction.

DCA/Crusader can buy a rhino/Immolator
Acolytes can buy Chimera and Valk
The SoB, GK and DW can get their own but it seem they are not part of the massive formation.

The entire issue is the formation is a mess on itself, it's not even clear if you buy single models or units of models.
>>
>>52586324
Not even uncommon to have to flat out sculpt parts of a shitcast mini.

Trust me, I play aspect warriors.
>>
>>52587118
sorta like how you can have 80 death-cult assassins and a priest as one unit with the eccesiarchy battle conclave
>>
>>52587425
The battle conclave says unit, the Acolyte thingy just say for example DCA, not DCA unit like the conclave.
>>
>>52587543
oh I know I was just agreeing that the codex is a mess.

Henchmen warband you get 0-1 crusader, assassin etc despite all the picture for said formation showing you something completely different. In terms of how it works transport wise, it's a unit of Acolytes
Thread posts: 447
Thread images: 83

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.