[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 368
Thread images: 49

File: 1466323836449.png (601KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
1466323836449.png
601KB, 600x848px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do your play your foreigners and outlanders finding their place in a new land?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/WMhRUURm

Old thread: >>52558192
>>
>>52565554

It starts with the food, really. Get used to that, then the clothes, than the women.
>>
>>52565554
Depends on alignment.
The good ones will "when in Rome" it, seeing things from their own culture's perspective but doing their best to learn the new ways and integrate themselves.

Evil ones will demand their values be left alone, until they can overpower or outnumber the local culture, at which point it's my way or your children fucking die.
>>
>>52565554
Try to fit in, maybe call on some knowledge he picked up in an old book.

At best, he ends up sounding about a hundred years out of date. At worst, he's completely helpless but for technically speaking the language.
>>
File: 1485808062.nimtai_pyrefinalfa.png (2MB, 1280x1219px) Image search: [Google]
1485808062.nimtai_pyrefinalfa.png
2MB, 1280x1219px
What would you think about a kobold who is specialized in traps and who is a trap?
>>
>>52565644

I'd ask the DM or player why they made such a disgusting creature for the campaign, and next time they shouldn't include their fetishes.
>>
>>52565644
I'd expect betrayal and be ready to murder the fuck out of them as soon as they turn on me.

Specializing in traps, assassination, or anything like that always screams "teamkilling" to me. I've been burned too many times to think it's cute.
>>
Would you fuck a 16 year old in Golarion, /pfg/?
>>
>>52565693
depends on what race they are
>>
>>52565588
Subtle.
>>
>>52565693
Age of adulthood in Golarion is 15 for humans. And other races, like merfolk!
>>
>>52565644
How could you even tell?
>>
>>52565722
Human
>>
>>52565677

It's also a Kobold, a species of backstabbing and treachery over petty slights whether real or imagined.

>>52565693

Depends on the girl, the country and our relationship, anon.

Teenage whore in Oppara? Probably not. Teenage swordswoman in the Stolen Lands who has proven herself to be strong, capable and romantic? Probably.
>>
>>52565736

What country? A 16 year old Kellid girl's gonna have different expectations than an Andoran.
>>
>>52565737
pedophile
>>
File: hansen peek.png (94KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
hansen peek.png
94KB, 450x675px
>>52565736
>>52565737
>>52565750
>>
>>52565733
That's the joke
>>
>>52565762
>>52565763

Oh come on, 16 is AoC in most civilized countries as well as Golarion, it's not like I'm saying we should bone... Oh god, what was her name? The meme girl from Torch in Iron Gods?
>>
>>52565693
Depends.
>Are they able to give informed consent?
>Are they intelligent (3 at bare minimum, ideally 6 or more)?
>Are they capable of communication?
>Are they in full control of their own faculties (i.e. not drunk, not charmed, etc.)?
>Are they giving consent of their own free will (i.e. not doing so out of desperation, coercion, or societal pressure)?

If the answer to all of these is yes, then yes.
>>
>>52565838
Harkness was a wise man.
>>
>>52565853
Didn't care for the show, but yes, it gave us some very clear rules on this point.
>>
Would your alignment count as lawful if you held to a code of conduct that required you to respect the use of dice or random chance to make important decisions? Or would it be inherently chaotic to let such choices rest on something that's supposed to be unpredictable?
>>
>>52565883

That's Chaotic as fuck, just because you have some sincerely held beliefs or superstitions does not make you Lawful.

You can still have a Chaotic Evil man who is lawfully wedded to a woman he is both faithful to and is willing (and has) killed for.
>>
>>52565906
True enough. By a strict definition, an old character of mine could probably have been Neutral Good or even LG, but I always stuck to the idea that he was ultimately out for his own glory and enrichment first and foremost, and the fact that he kept patriotism, friendship, and filial piety as dearly-held values didn't change that.
>>
>>52565883
Is Two-Face Lawful Evil?
>>
File: monorail.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
monorail.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>52565724
I pride myself on my subtlety

>>52565693
depends on the race. I'm not into elf toddlers.
>>
File: Drinking Problem.jpg (127KB, 1134x627px) Image search: [Google]
Drinking Problem.jpg
127KB, 1134x627px
>>52565838
What? What are you saying? What is it huh? What are you implying there?
>>
>>52565972
...that I don't want to fuck someone who might either not want to fuck me or will realize later that they didn't actually want to fuck me?
>>
>>52565972

That gross drunks don't get any lovin'.
>>
Honestly it feels like nobody is gonna do the Dragons2 greentext, so I'll do it

Not much happened plot-wise anyways

>WHEN WE LAST LEFT OUR HEROES
>They got their dumb asses completely surrounded because of Calsi's tits
>But its ok, because the dragon-dudes around them are actually a bunch of bitches
>It's a curb stomp, Calsi is singing and ripping nerds apart, Mei is spearing every-fucking-thing, Rory is slicing people up, people are being blasted to a crisp by Rinka, dazzled into fucking forever levels of unconsciousness by Lio's magical rainbows, and Aurora throwing them around like rag-dolls
>Interrogate a survivor, apparently there's some Lady Tio bitch and an Altar and a Ziggurat..
>So off to the nearby Ziggurat
>And then a lightning bolt hits the top and the sky turns red and shit. Fuck.jpg
>At least we know where Brock is
>Oh and Irma fucks off like the catty bitch she is.
>>
>>52566059

Sounds like a good time was had by all, then.
>>
File: big_fat_dragon_tats.jpg (619KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
big_fat_dragon_tats.jpg
619KB, 810x1080px
>>52566059
>Oh and Irma fucks off like the catty bitch she is.
Could not be more correct! 10/10 recap.
>>
>>52566025
>will realize later that they didn't actually want to fuck me

Why should this matter? If you get in a relationship and it goes sour and they realize that fucking you was a bad idea is that then rape in your mind?

If you get drunk, fuck someone and regret it doesn't make you any less responsible for your actions than anything else you do while drunk: brawling, driving, etc.
>>
>>52566233
You disappoint me, anon.
>>
>>52566233
>Hm. If I do this thing now, it might make this peeson feel terrible in the morning.
>Oh well their fault.
>>
>>52566233
>is that then rape in your mind
Fuck no, but I don't want to deal with drama. And besides, sadness is a turn-off.
>>
>>52566233
>The only reason not to fuck someone is if it would be rape
>>
>ywn get to fuck the characters you're attracted to.
>>
Brainstorming for a character and a question arose.
Take a kasatha, with its four arms, and turn it into a weretiger. The secondary arms would also then count as extra natural attacks for a pounce, correct? And dipping some levels into alchemist for vestigial limbs does not count. Or am I mistaken. What does grant extra limbs then?
>>
>>52566323
4/5* Manatees agree: The ONLY reason not to fuck someone is if it would be rape.

Pretty pretty please?

(*the 5th was corrupted by that frustration and became a trigglypuff-type, and believes that everything including completely consensual sex or even rape by the female is actually violent rape by the penis'd one.)
>>
>>52566273
Yeah see that's far more reasonable than "drunk sex is rape."

Drunk sex just sucks
>>
what do you think consent laws are like in golarion? how young of a girl can i have sex with?
>>
What kind of character should I base off of this song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4tSXOLPf_4
>>
>>52565693
How young do you think our favorite meme girls were when they first pleased the penis, /pfg/?
>>
>>52566393
Depends on the area. Some places where things are more wild and life expectancy is shorter, she'd probably be considered an old maid.

But if you're in at least a country village rather than the lands of a kellid clan or orc tribe, you'll probably be earning the ire of a crossbow-toting father and getting the stinkeye from most of the town. Even if it's not against the law, it's going to be kind of skeevy, especially if you're significantly older than her.
>>
>>52566421
I don't think she has yet... i want to be the first
>>
>>52566421
Define 'favorite meme girls' and i'll give you an answer

Some of them are still pure
>>
>>52566428
That's alright, i'm a 14th level master summoner so I can just walk around raping children in everyone's homes without any real threat.
>>
>>52566384
It's horribly sexist, too; against women in particular even when being touted *by* women.

The whole "all drunk sex is rape" crap is basically implying that
A) Even the slightest bit of alcohol means a woman is no longer of sound enough mind that she can consent
B) no matter how much alcohol is imbibed the man is ALWAYS of sound enough mind that he can not only consent but is the one in 'charge' because the woman is too weak to be in control of the situation

The whole thing is filled with double-standards that treat women as too fucking incompetent to think for themselves if they're so much as slightly flushed - not even tipsy - from a couple of drinks, and men as *ALWAYS* completely cognizant and therefore responsible for any actions undertaken (or suffered) while the female has been in the same room as alcohol.

According to the average campus feminist, a woman who's had a beer has become a mental incompetent who needs a legal guardian and tutor because she's too weak and too stupid to think for herself.
>>
>>52566448
Gloriana, Valeriya, Onryou and Doll seemed like a good list from the last thread.
>>
>>52566421
Does that even matter?
Shit, I'm no fucking Jap. I don't care if I "got in first" so long as there's love.
>>
>>52566467
As soon as she could, like 18, stillpure and stillpure
>>
File: Virtual ON bear.png (149KB, 357x609px) Image search: [Google]
Virtual ON bear.png
149KB, 357x609px
>>52566452
>Sir, who are you and what are you doing in my house?
>Summoning circle. Shush now, I'm concentrating
>What in the fuck? Why would you... Are you some kind of devil summoner?
>Nah, lolis
>Whats? I've never heard of those
>Yeah lolis. You know, little girls
>... wait what?
>I'm summoning some lolis. I want to fuck
>... I... WHAT?
>Here watch.
>>
>>52566467
Gloriana I cant remember shit about except i think shes a paladin and I dont even know ejo the hell Doll is.
>>
>>52566421
I dunno', how old was Valeria when she went through her "troubles"? 13, maybe 14?
>>
>>52566488
Doll is the WWW waifu

She's got nice tits.
>>
>>52566467
I'll allow the first three, Doll has already been forgotten though
>>
>>52566483
>literal power to end worlds, destroy entire countries overnight and summon the most conceivably powerful demons in existence
>instead spends their time summoning succubui who change shape into children for sex
>>
>>52566506
WWW has been fucking forgotten.
>>
>>52566489
Do we even know what constituted Val's troubled youth? Why are you so sure she was just sleeping her way through Sandpoint?
>>
So how does /pfg/ use insect people?

Any good ideas you have used you'd like to share about using them?
>>
>>52566522
Indeed
>>
>>52566476
This.

The fucking "purity" shit weebs are so obsessed with makes me want to fucking vomit.
>>
>>52566537
A teenage girl getting shipped off to boarding school for being "troubled". In a lewd game. It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together here.
>>
>>52566550
Kinda sad, I was hoping to see people make characters that aren't generic golarion memes

But then Blingmaker came along and MUH SWORDLORDS
>>
>>52566522
LoBaF was forgotten until the last day so maybe we're just waiting for WWW. Also what's up with Shardwalkers? Did that close?
>>
>>52566565

I thought that was shorthand for stabby or firebug?
>>
>>52566571
Shardwalkers closes in a week, and then four days after goes WWW, and then TWO DAYS LATER is Blingmaker

Its an app-blitz!
>>
Any interesting apps for BitF yet?
>>
>>52566545
You could have it be a hivemind and an adventurer is one that got cut from it.
>>
>>52566545

Actually, I kind of feel insect people have been a bit under-represented in my games. I should change that.
>>
>>52566565
>In a lewd game. It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together here.

/pfg/ - Where we'll cut your fucking nuts off for actually including sex in your game, but will constantly circlejerk about how all your characters are fucking sluts who spend more time on their backs or knees than their feet.
>>
Wish I could join a game, but Retail puts a lid on those dreams.

>>52566588
The one you made.
>>
File: 1478083333128.gif (810KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1478083333128.gif
810KB, 500x281px
>>52566537
>women NOT fucking around during a troubled youth
>>
File: 1481146317096.png (538KB, 1386x576px) Image search: [Google]
1481146317096.png
538KB, 1386x576px
>>52566545
>Implying there are things I wouldn't use them for
>>
>>52566612
>The one you made.
But... but I wasn't even planning to make a character for BitF.
>>
>>52566571
>LoBaF was forgotten until the last day so maybe we're just waiting for WWW.

God please no. The insanity around those last few LoBaF hours was some high tier shitposting.
>>
When does a game go from "mature themes" to "lewd" anyways?
>>
>>52566630

Shit, now you have to make one, or causality will be broken.

The world rests on your shoulders, anon.
>>
>>52566635
When it gets advertised in /pfg/
>>
>>52566643
OH GOD!
>>
>>52566634
I'd assume that interest will be revitalized once the greentexts start getting posted.
>>
>>52566588
Wasn't that the bamboozle game filled with randos?
>>
>>52566682
Really? I feel like game interest drops sharply after recruitment is over and greentext doesn't seem to change anything. ROTJR seems to be the exception, but you don't see people clamoring for updates on any other game.
>>
>>52566709
The first week people typically still remember, but RotJR is the only game where people are interested and reacting to the greentexts with any regularity. I'm sure if a game managed some FotJR-tier spaghetti, it would suddenly see an uptick in greentext popularity.
>>
>>52566727
>FotJR-tier spaghetti
I thought people got interested in FotJR when the gnoll rape happened? I mean /pfg/ is nothing if not predictable, it only really starts to notice you if sex happens or there's the promise of big tits.

Which makes the lack of talk about LoBaF strange, since, you know, elf MILF.
>>
>>52566452
This post just made me realize how little threat the average person would pose against anything above probably at least Level 5, depending on the class, if someone with adventuring levels wanted to do something like this.

You're in the middle of violating some farmer's little girl and he crits you with his woodcutting knife? That's fine, you've only taken like 8 HP out of the 75 you'd normally take, and a single backhand from you could probably knock him out in a single blow in kind.
>>
>>52566709
>>52566727
Was it just being first that cemented RotJR? What are other games missing?

How do we create the ultimate meme game? What AP do we run and what chargen do we use?
>>
>>52566588
BitF?
>>
File: succubi.png (1MB, 1144x613px) Image search: [Google]
succubi.png
1MB, 1144x613px
>>52566512
>>
>>52566750
LobaF does not have NEARLY the amount hype necessary to keep going. Up until a few hours before the deadlines closed, people were actively shitting on the setting.
>>
>>52566756
Recruit both 2hu and DHB
>>
Does anything prevent me from taking both the Musket Master and Wyrm Sniper archetypes on a gunslinger?

Pcgen seems to think you can, and none of the class changes "X" each other's abilities on d20. They do both add to weapon/armor profs, but this is marked with a "C" and I am not sure what that means to the rules compared to an X.
>>
>>52566760
benis in the fagina :DDDDD
>>
>>52566588
By interesting, do you mean nutjobs? Cause there are quite a few there.
>>
Is mithral current shit? Or more accurately, is it worth the two feat tax to properly use the discipline?
>>
>>52566775
C might as well be the same as an X, they don't stack
>>
>>52566756
Pretty much just being first on top of having char gen that extended for pretty much months.

Like if it was just a group that popped up spontaneously, I doubt we'd give a shit. It's all the celebrity and bullshit that people got invested in because the app process was too damn long.

I mean even now, I'd say response to greentext is pretty low for that game unless something fucked up happens. Most of it is just people spamming the same shitty memes.
>>
>>52566781
It's got very strong counters
>>
>>52566790

So take the counters and ignore the rest?
>>
>>52566772
And really, never for any concrete reason until they got called on it. It was always just the empty, blanket cry of "autism" until somebody actually spoke up and said "there's not enough conflict."

I'd bet money it was someone who wanted to keep the app count low and give himself a better chance.
>>
>>52566799
No, Mithral Current is a pretty good discipline in general if you can capitalize on quick draw.
>>
>>52566799
Counters are just the best bit, the rest is solid.
>>
>>52566803
Or maybe people just weren't interested?
>>
>>52566576
No, if she's shipped off to boarding school, she was either in a different one beforehand, or in public school.

Either way, she was pregnant. Probably - since the parents are rich - it got aborted, unless it's one of those special schools, but people found out and shamed the parents, as keep in mind abortion is always murder unless it's your own daughters in which case you're merely taking care of a minor embarrassment, or embarazada as your cleaning lady says.

-source: I went to a boarding school. Handful of girls had been 'put away' in that fashion, couple of which were bitter as fuck. But the most bitter was the one who really missed her "little brother" her parents didn't want her spending too much time with lest people ask questions.
>>
>>52566803
Pretty poor strategy to take if that's the case, considering that the other common complaint was people wanting more apps that fit the setting and hoping more people would apply.

LoBaF had a fucking weird app period. Too many waifus, too many husbandos, not enough waifus, not enough husbandos, not enough waifus again.
>>
>>52566815
>'She got dicked by steve'
>'SEND HER TO THE GULAG!'
>>
>>52566615
This. The only troubled women who don't fuck around are rape victims.
>>
>>52566751
Well yeah. Keep in mind 5th level is like a multi-war veteran; someone who has *SEEN SOME SHIT* (and walked it the fuck off). The standard-class (as opposed to NPC levels) level 5 is the guy who makes the village guards a bit nervous because they know he's basically a match for all of them at once, and there's a few stories going around that he didn't so much kill a bear as kill people WITH bears in each hand.
>>
>>52566831
Why no rape trauma for your characters, /pfg/?
>>
>>52566839
Because I have other traumas I apply to my characters.
>>
>>52566803
People didn't like the apps, didn't like the setting revisions, didn't like campaign traits, didn't like that it's an AP in the first place, etc. There were legit reasons.

>>52566823
"Fit the setting" became such a meme for LoBaF though, people would throw it out there without even knowing what they were talking about.
>>
>>52566837
no, 5th level characters are not that strong, a lot of people in pathfinder are around those levels

Its not until you're in the double-digits that you're getting cuhrazay
>>
>>52566837
No it's not.

The truth is. Levels are fucking meaningless and the game isn't consistent in the slightest about what levels correlate to. Just what ever is interesting for the players at the time.
>>
>>52566854
>"Fit the setting"
What was the setting, anyways? Hype aversion kept me from actually looking up what LoBaF was.
>>
>>52566865
Arabian Nights ostensibly, although it seems like Arabian Memes is more accurate
>>
>>52566775
C is 'changed'. Anything changed or removed is a lockout clause for other archetypes that also affect it, unless one of the two archetypes specifically states that that specific one change does not affect compatibility.

>>52566828
What do you think nunneries were most of the time? Often, since back then they couldn't be sure until she was about to start 'showing', they took no chances and as soon as she was caught with her ankles in the air and Steve in the her, it was "go be one with god".

Fuck, nunneries were FULL of pregnant women, even after they became nuns. The monks or local priests had a fucking field day from what history shows us.

Those orphanages? Most of the kids were actually really well treated - and why would they not? You don't fucking hit mother superior's little one with a fucking ruler lemme tell ya!
>>
>>52566865
Basically the GM had ripped off a lot of Al-Qadim, slapped some new names on it, and compressed it to fit Katapesh's geography.

The only substantive complaints about it were that it was all too orderly and clean-cut and enlightened compared to Paizo's Katapesh. Without slaves and drugs and misery being shoved in their faces, anons couldn't fathom that there was conflict.
>>
>>52566837
It only just occurred to me Anon, the point at which we usually finally start exclaiming that our builds are starting to come together is around the time that you could totally just take over a given small town by walking through the city guards and taking out the mayor no problem.

... Anyway, getting away from that for a sec, I have this lich NPC that I wanted to have for a session I'm running, and as we all know the rules for being a lich are intentionally kept vague so as to allow for creativity for the players involved. Personally I was thinking that for this NPC (who I'm thinking is someone with a lot of pride) the thing they'd have to do as the final part of the ritual to complete the process, they'd have to fight the person they hate the most, and legitimately lose to and die to, no whiffing the fight. What do you guys think, is that something that's befitting obtaining lichdom?
>>
>>52566862
>levels are meaningless

Agreed. Level 3 wizards can empower-disintegrate four times a day (more with really high int) and always have a wish or three on hand. Levels are nothing but an abstract concept with no mechanical connection to the game or the people inside the setting whatsoever. This is why you are immune to disease from the very day you learn you'll grow up to be a paladin.
>>
>>52566893
>The monks or local priests had a fucking field day from what history shows us.

Anon, don't you know anything? It was an incubus that just happened to disguise itself as the head priest. That's all.
>>
>>52566896
>>52566890
Wow, that's...

really damn stupid. what the fuck, guys? Not you two I'm responding to, but the rest of the anons that rattled along on that idiot train. Narratives shouldn't be spelled out.
>>
>>52566861
There's a significant difference between Fighter 5 with PC or at least Heroic-NPC wealth, and Warrior 3 with non-heroic NPC WBL.
>>
>>52566896
I chalk it up to there being not enough visual aids or established characters. Nobody wants to typefuck "the Sultana of [CITYNAME]."

What they want is to tell /pfg/ that they fucked their famous waifu--Ameiko, Shalelu, Greta, or even just a meme character--and post her picture with GREENED or MWANGI'D or ULFEN'D written on it.
>>
>>52566371
>What does grant extra limbs then?

Being a synthesist summoner or an aberrant aegis.
>>
>>52566921
Looking over things again, I think half of the party that got in built their backstories around the corruption in Katapesh too so it's obvious some people worked it out.
>>
>>52566919
Oh, most didn't even try to pretend that stuff.

Example from childhood (some of us are nearing three digits here anons! you may have to grow old, but you never have to just grow 'up'!) When asked about why he never slept in that little house connected to the church but always crossed the street into the nunnery, the priest would always answer
>Oh, <Anon's wife>, hahaha. Just being faithful to god's commandments!

I can tell you those nuns may have been ethically and morally pure, did really good work around town, and they were definitely unmarried except to our Lord Christ, but uh, yeah they had a lot of children. To the more easily scandalized old bitties in the community this was simply not to be spoken or ever even thought of, but we knew what was going on.
>>
File: thiskillsthepfg.png (480KB, 421x678px) Image search: [Google]
thiskillsthepfg.png
480KB, 421x678px
>>52566936
YO YO YO I GOT MUH DIK ALL UP IN DIS BITCH AN SHE HAVIN MY PUPS
IT'S TOTALLY CANON NOW YOU GUYS
Let's see just how much you rage over this before you read that second line.
>>
>>52566986
That image angers me because of the artifacting. You couldn't even be bothered to make it a transparent .png for the words?
>>
>>52566986
Not at all really. I don't really get pissed at the idea that a black guy had sex and I never really liked Greta anyway.
>>
>>52566971
>some of us are nearing three digits here anons
Bullshit.
>>
>>52566986
good for you.
>>
I'm sorta liking the Psychic class so far but I haven't played it yet, will I be completely disappointed?
>>
Kinda sad LoBaF got memed on so hard. I was looking forward to hearing stories about it.

Should have thrown in an application myself.
>>
>>52567035
I'm still hopeful for good green texts here. It seems like more of a classic adventure than most /pfg/ games, high potential for traditional tabletop stories instead of just logs about group dates and tea parties.

Also someone should run a Jane Austen game.
>>
>>52567086
>Jane Austen
?

But yeah, I'd like to see come good stuff come of it.
>>
>>52567031
Remember you can't cast any round someone successfully intimidates you because of emotion components for psychic magic.

I think there's a metamagic feat that fixes that
>>
>trying to come up for a chuu2 name for an Eastern character
>find it awkward since I am used to coming up with pretentious names for Western characters

Got tips? At least for Nippon naming conventions, their names are almost always just given and clan name, so I am a bit stumped

As for why, well, its just a habit of mine to name my characters in the most pretentious manner possible
>>
What kind of apps does blingmaker need? I see lots of bastards so far.
>>
>>52567115
>create edgy/pretentious Western name
>Google translate into Asian language
As long as nobody in the group can actually understand said language, you'll be fine.
>>
File: panicking chuuni.gif (482KB, 480x268px) Image search: [Google]
panicking chuuni.gif
482KB, 480x268px
>>52567115
Tell me a bit about character and I will use my Chuuni powers to help you become absurd.

Do you just want their name to be chuu2 or is there anything else chuuni about them

let me help you.
>>
>>52567115
Try adding one or more of the following to a simple name:

>The Illustrious
>Resplendent
>Thrice-Blessed
>Child of Heaven
>>
File: chunchunmaru.jpg (75KB, 1133x628px) Image search: [Google]
chunchunmaru.jpg
75KB, 1133x628px
>>52567141
Chunchunmaru.
Name it Chunchunmaru.
>>
File: megumegu.jpg (54KB, 600x883px) Image search: [Google]
megumegu.jpg
54KB, 600x883px
>>52567191
I don't see the problem chunchunmaru is a great name for a sword

so is excalibur
>>
>>52567136
Oh, given that there are actually fluent people, it's going to generate a laugh at least

>>52567141
Basically its a youkai hunter ninja who lives in a universe like Ni-Oh, so, Sengoku Jidai with all the myths and stuff

Just their name mainly, the RP part is easy to handle since everyone in my group agrees that I can act chuu2 without even trying
>>
>>52567196
What does Chunchunmaru even mean outside of Moonspeak? Is it like the Japanese version of "fluffy" or something?
>>
>>52567202
It probably means nothing. It was named by someone whose mother is named Yuiyui, and her father Hyoizaburo.
>>
File: e8d88e8a00e871688b38c5c20f871d8c.jpg (693KB, 918x1300px) Image search: [Google]
e8d88e8a00e871688b38c5c20f871d8c.jpg
693KB, 918x1300px
In Spheres of Might, martial traditions for Paizo classes are a mess. Here is how they work. If your very first class level is in a class that has proficiency with all martial weapons *or* at least one exotic weapon, you can cash in all of your proficiencies (except for proficiency with light armor and bucklers) in exchange for a martial tradition. A martial tradition is a package of four combat spheres/talents, which you can take drawbacks for.

The following Paizo classes manage to barely qualify for a martial tradition, having proficiency with all martial weapons or at least one exotic weapon, but not heavy armor: barbarian, bard, bloodrager, gunslinger, hunter, inquisitor, investigator, magus, mesmerist, monk, ninja, occultist, rogue, skald, slayer, swashbuckler, vigilante.

This is blatantly, unreasonably, because for the price of essentially "nothing," a bard or an investigator can suddenly gain a tradition like Brutal Butcher or Bushido Way. They both give Armor Training (instant proficiency in heavy armor, for those already proficient with light armor) and Dueling (both drawbacks are to be taken, granting the character Defensive Slice for Cut from the Air + Smash from the Air in a supplement that also presents Strength-based Combat Reflexes, and Scar Tissue for scaling damage reduction X/bludgeoning).

Brutal Butcher gives Axe Training (proficiency with many axes and +2 damage on attack actions with them) and another Dueling package; Bushido Way gives Bushido Tools (proficiency with many eastern weapons, including the nodachi, and a multiplied +2 damage on critical hits with them) and Beastmastery (take the Unskilled drawback to gain the Pet talent and thus a +4 initiative familiar).

Remember: this costs the bard or investigator nothing.
>>
>>52567202
Chunchun is the onomatopoeia for chirping noises

So its basically nonsense
>>
File: 1b7ef9e819c4c6a5eaaef7804f8a8d3c.jpg (423KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1b7ef9e819c4c6a5eaaef7804f8a8d3c.jpg
423KB, 1200x800px
>>52567219

Antipaladins, cavaliers, fighters, paladins, samurai, and warpriests receive a worse deal out of martial traditions, because they have to sacrifice their heavy armor proficiency for no discernible reason and for nothing in exchange.

Alchemists, brawlers, mediums, spiritualists are completely locked out of martial traditions because they lack the proficiencies to trade in. They are left out.

Since the Spheres of Might team is already writing up conversion archetypes for the great majority of Paizo classes anyway, it would be better for them to handle martial tradition trade-offs for Paizo classes on a case-by-case basis.
>>
>>52567222
Alternatively its a dickjoke.

Moon-puns are hard to penetrate for us foreigners.
>>
Is there anyone who gets proficiency with dueling swords natively?
>>
How would I play a depressed level 12 fighter?
>>
>>52567141
Something happened I presume
>>
>>52567348
Hang around the party's main base and just sit around while hunching over a bit. Make a lot of snarky, self-deprecating comments to show how utterly crestfallen you are. If pressed, talk about how everything is hopeless. If anybody attacks you directly, show them that you've secretly been a badass the whole time.
>>
>>52567364
What if I worship Ragathiel? And the people we are fighting murdered my adoptive grandma?
>>
>>52567312
Just Tengu far as I know
>>
>>52567348
>>52567364
Also, listen to this to get an idea of your character's tone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZtIiR4C1R4
>>
>>52567201
Realistically put a chuuni title /name through google translate alternatively just mash up nip nonsense words until you end up with a name like Hyazaburo
>>
>>52567212
Megumin's family is scum
>Oh wait, you're rich?
>Sure, you can fuck our 14 year old daughter as much as you want.
>In fact, we're going to make sure you do.
>>
>>52566986
>not getting Greta into a relationship with your animal companion
>>
>>52567424
>not wanting your 14 year old daughter to marry a rich successful adventurer that had defeated multiple generals of the demon kings army and the destroyer

Do you even crusader kings 2
>>
>>52567393
Honestly I think Hawkwood had better delivery, came off more like he's actually seen some shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tQVOMhmCBE
>>
How big is a Greatsword? Is it better to treat it as a polearm?
>>
>>52567470
If you ask me, it should, but it doesn't. The nodachi does, though.
>>
>>52567424
>Know how clan tends to be... seen... outside the village
>Daughter brings a boy home
>They're getting along well enough
>Aaaaand it turns out he's rich and successful
>And she clearly doesn't dislike him, mommy can tell
>Let's give'em a little push
>... okay let's cast sleep on still-protective hubby so we can give them a little push

You've never had your mother try to 'guide' you into a relationship with someone she approves of? Her daughter's legally an adult, he can make her happy so who cares if he needs his hand forced a little is what she's thinking.

It's embarassing, sometimes headache-inducing, but it's not scum.
>>
>>52567503
>>52567457
But she's 14, man
>>
>>52567495
I mused how its totally possible to pick Piercing Thunder and then dualwield Nodachis

Because they are technically polearms!

Dammit Paizo
>>
File: explosion.jpg (700KB, 990x1400px) Image search: [Google]
explosion.jpg
700KB, 990x1400px
>>52567537
Deep down, all crimson demons yearn for someone who's willing to love them enough to dropkick the stupid out of them.

That's why they're so desperate to give their daughter something they never received themselves.
>>
>>52567537
Here, in our age, that's very young.
There, and in a feudal setting, that's pretty normal, especially given the violent climate.

One of the things we've got here is that our maturation rate, mentally speaking, has been somewhat stunted due to the cripplingly-autistic amount of basic information required for higher education, combined with the far less benign assault on curiosity and individuality demanded by those who would see us as little more than cogs that pay for shit.

There's a lot of "sit down, shut the fuck up, and color the puppy" in an enclosed setting followed by rote memorization, all of this replacing what used to be a more hands-on, publicly-interactive apprenticeship format.

When you might not have a chance to see your children grow up if you wait till 20 to have them? Very different culture.
>>
>>52567582
we should turn that 16 year old in blingmaker into the party whore in that case then
>>
>>52567582
Should all unmarried characters over 16 be questioned for their lack of attachment, then? Real question; should I have to be prepared to explain why my character is over 20 and unmarried with no children?
>>
>>52567613
In the actual middle ages, it was pretty common for lower-class people to delay marriage so they could save up some money for a family first.

Getting married right off the bat was something mostly limited to upper-middle / upper class people.
>>
>>52565554
speaking of foreign lands...

Why does 3e, and by correlation, PF have oriental adventures aimed at pandering the weeb demographic, with Samurais and Ninjas and Mikos?

Where's our Hussars? Where's our Landschneckts? Where's our Troubadours? Where's our Maori Warriors?
>>
>>52567650
>Hussars
Don't give me a boner anon
>>
>>52567650
>Hussar
Not really worth the feat trade unless you're willing to abuse mount action economy.
>Landsknecht
Kinda gets boring at some point since the PrC is somewhat limiting in what builds it allows for.
>>
File: 1440574797315[1].jpg (200KB, 1024x735px) Image search: [Google]
1440574797315[1].jpg
200KB, 1024x735px
>>52567659
are you sure you don't wanna rub one out, anon?
>>
>>52567650
Because the default setting has you be those things (except maori)? You'd be weird to the orientals.
>>
>>52567683
STAHP
>>
>>52567613

Completely depends on the culture. Some fantasy settings use modern social norms, some from historical norms, and some are just unique. Take a setting/country where most children are put into arranged marriages by their families, and being unmarried at 20 would be bizarre and suspicious.
>>
>>52567687
He means, why is there no PF books dedicated to other settings other than the orient (japan, china, korea).

I have to agree - there really isn't a good Arabian Adventures or Crusader Kings Adventures, etc.
>>
>>52567637
Moreso for the men than the women, since you needed to provide for a family to have a family.

>>52567613
Depends on your social status. If 16 is adulthood in the setting
If commoner:
Around 15:
>You know, the Hilberts girl is very nice, she's turning thirteen this year you know. Have you met her? She's really becoming pretty like her mother

By 17:
>We've invited the Johnsons for dinner. Their son is single, I picked a nice dress for you, don't worry it shows you at your best

By 21:
>It's hopeless. All is lost. I'll never see my grandchildren. Where did we go wrong?
>>
>>52567707
>Crusader King Adventures
>Adventures

More likely its backstabbing and debauchery on top of being a dick to your neighbors
>>
>>52567739
>By 25:
>This is your nephew. He's 10. Maybe you can teach him something and have an accident. No one will know. You've shamed yourself completely anyways, being single at your age, so what's a little more scandal? Everyone already thinks that you're a whore or something anyways. Here, go live in the barn.
>>
>>52567739
22+
>What's this adventurer nonsense? Not only am I not getting any grandchildren, you're going to go die in some gods-forsaken pit somewhere!
>>
>>52567753
Sounds like your typical saturday game nights at Steve's place.
>>
>>52567761
Isnt it a traditional backstory for some adventurers to be a noble whos not inheriting anyway, so, the more 'expendable' children
>>
>>52567707
Not gonna lie - I'd really like a more politics heavy crusaders campaign about carving your own dominion in the holy land, forging alliances while fighting off heretical hordes.
>>
File: yuiyui.jpg (865KB, 2886x2046px) Image search: [Google]
yuiyui.jpg
865KB, 2886x2046px
>>52567739
I'm reminded of my own mother, who was eagerly telling me about her female students whom she'd showed my picture to, and which ones were interested and how pretty and interesting they were.

>I'd just started college
>She taught 7th grade

Seriously, people might be scandalized by things left and right but when it comes to their own children people will do anything to pair them up. As long as it's *their own* doing and not the kids deciding these things on their own (in which case it's bad again).
>>
>>52567196
Doesn't Excalibur just literally mean 'god sword'?
>>
>>52567784
Yeah, similar to how the 3rd son might end up in the army in the real world.

No one really cares when it's the 5th princess that's going off into the dragonslaying business; she may be more beneficial to the kingdom doing this than whatever minor marriage you might have gotten out of her.

It's when it's the heir that wants to run off that you've got some problems.
>>
>>52567389
The noble bird is nature's master of swordplay.
>>
>>52567196
>>52567803
You do recall *WHERE* Megumin wrote Excalibur...
>>
>>52567801
Is this from the LN? Then again I did hear that once Megumin turned 14, the harassment started getting alot worse
>>
>>52567837
yes, it from the LN.
And in later volumes, she loses the kazuma bowl hard to Dorkness
granted, this is typical harem cliche.
The protag is never allowed to be hitched to just one girl.
>>
>>52567784

Yeah. Also, adventurers tend not to be the most socially adjusted people to begin with. Anyone set in life with a trade and wife with a kid on the way probably isn't terribly motivated to go scour a dungeon full of death traps in hopes of finding a magic knife or something.
>>
How do you properly convey a character to be cute, /pfg/? I have a hard time of it.
>>
>>52567876
It's behavior and acting

Posting/describing a cute character does jackshit if you come off as annoying and stuff
>>
>>52567837
Not once she turned 14, once he *learned* she was 14 (she is rather, you know, petite) and thus in his +/-2 strike zone. It's a lot of back&forth though, since each gives as good as they get in that party.

In regards to their relationship
While Lalatina starts lusting after him more and more as she learns his flaws, it's actually Megumin that falls for him proper first. They get along better and better as time goes on, and by volume 8-9 dissing Kazuma if you're not one of the partymembers can cause her to start casting
>>
File: Not heroine.jpg (234KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Not heroine.jpg
234KB, 1920x1080px
>>52567861
Yes and no...
If it weren't for Iris he'd likely have ended up with the both of them already. As for Aqua, well....
>>
File: 1471608472370.jpg (503KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1471608472370.jpg
503KB, 750x1000px
You guys know that the Hitler thread last time permanently drove off Jolly from /pfg/, right?
>>
Do children of a noble house all take the house name as their last name? Specifically looking at the noble born campaign trait for blingmaker, if you took that would your surname be the house name?
>>
>>52567911
that doesn't make any sense.
everyone loves hitler.

why did I miss a genuine hitler thread? where was it?
>>
>>52567826
I've never watched Konosuba.
>>
>>52567916
depends.

the heir-apparent and his siblings tends to inherit the house name.

the illegitimate heirs take their father's name (i.e. Son of X)

the bastards take their mother's father's last name
>>
File: If you know what I Bean.jpg (24KB, 536x400px) Image search: [Google]
If you know what I Bean.jpg
24KB, 536x400px
>>52567952
Let's just say if you were to pull on it something would become like stone
>>
>>52567916
Basically, though exceptions exist

Often the younger children branch off to form cadet branches, with their own noble house and name

Example would be the House of York which is a cadet branch of the Plantagenets(Or you know, the people who invaded France during the 100 Year War)
>>
>>52567861
>>52567889
>>52567900
Eris best girl
Megumin best worst girl
>>
>>52568159
It's rare we get a harem where we actually can cheer for more than one (who usually ends up losing to 'main' girl) girl.

Explosion aside, Megumin's damn near reasonable most of the time and a really sweet girl. Eris and Iris are both downright adorable, and, well, Darkness would be happiest degraded to a mistress anyways.
>>
>>52568181
All this talk makes me want to actually read the LNS. Are they good?
>>
>>52568230
Quite. The pacing's a bit different from the anime but there's also more stuff. Like, those random adventurers with the blond guy that he seems to inexplicably know? Not actually random; there was a, uh, member exchange between the two parties for a little while.

On the other hand, that scene where Lalatina is describing her ideal man had far more impact in the anime!
>>
>>52568265
Also the side-stories.
Entire side-books, rather. Megumin and Yunyun's backstories, Vanir and Wiz...
>>
>>52568311
>Vanir
Now I'm interested.
If I'm baby's first LN reader, where do I go/what do I need to do?
>>
What is the pfg discord?
>>
>>52568315
I could upload somewhere, have most of what's out now but not all.
>>
>>52568315
just, not really sure where to upload to, haven't needed to set up such a service in like 2 years
>>
>>52567916
You are not directly part of the house. You are a very distant and possibly irrelevant branch of cousins-of-cousins.

You claim a tangential but legitimate
connection to one of Brevoy’s noble families. If you
aren’t human, you were likely adopted by one of
Brevoy’s nobles or were instead a favored servant or
even a childhood friend of a noble scion. Whatever the
cause, you’ve had a comfortable life, but one far from
the dignity and decadence your distant cousins know.
Although you are associated with an esteemed name, your immediate family is hardly well to do, and you’ve
found your name to be more of a burden to you than a
boon in many social situations. You’ve recently decided
to test yourself, to see if you can face the world without
the aegis of a name you have little real claim or care
for. An expedition into the storied Stolen Lands seems
like just the test to see if you really are worth the title
“noble.”
>>
File: c88816e246ef0066c3784327e515abd3.jpg (118KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
c88816e246ef0066c3784327e515abd3.jpg
118KB, 1200x849px
Believe it or not, even after the changes to Spheres of Might's technician's powerful load and powerful shot, a Spheres of Might technician wielding a firearm is still overpowered. Yes, really. This all lies in the Sniping sphere's deadly shot, which threatens an enemy with a massive spike of damage, in conjunction with the Sniping sphere's dedication, which causes ranged attack actions' attack rolls to be rolled twice.

Below is a 5th-level gunslinger who stands a literally 99% chance (assuming they hit on a natural 3+) of instantly taking out a CR 4 or a CR 5. The Sniping sphere really needs to be changed into something less than a tidal wave of accurate damage.

Incidentally, this yet again highlights how the Trap sphere will be completely ignored for anything but abusing magical trap creation (and it does not help that a technician is forced into taking the Trap sphere), and how a ranged-focused technician will most likely have no use for any inventions past their first.

Level: 5th
Race: Human
Class: Gunslinger (gunfighter, musket master) 1/technician 2/blacksmith 1/conscript 1
Ability Scores (20 point buy): Strength 7, Dexterity 17+2+1+2, Constitution 14, Intelligence 16, Wisdom 14, Charisma 7
Traits: Clever Wordplay (social), Cunning Liar (regional), Reactionary (combat), drawback of choice

Feats:
• Human Bonus: Focused Sphere (Sniping)
• 1st-level: Deadly Aim
• 3rd-level: Weapon Focus (musket)
• 5th-level: Gunslinger

Inventions:
• 1st-level: Improved Firearm: Enhanced reliability, powerful shot
• 2nd-level: Whatever pleases you, with one improvement; inventions past the first tend to be extraneous

Technical Insights:
• 2nd-level: Inventor's insight

Conscript Specializations:
• 1 point: Indomitable will
• 1 point: Resolve
• 3 points: Combat sphere specialization

Martial Tradition: Mechanical Mastery
• Equipment (no dedication): Firearm Fiend, Firearm Proficiency, Mechanical Training
• Sniping: Focusing Reload
>>
>>52568391

Other Combat Talents: 8 = 1 Rapid Reload associated feat trade + 1 technician + 1 trap specialist + 1 conscript + 1 conscript bonus talent + 1 conscript sphere specialization + 1 blacksmith + 1 equipment expert
• Beastmastery (Unskilled drawback, 1 free): Pet (initiative familiar)
• Equipment (1 free): Distance Shot, Expert Reloading, Mechanical Savant
• Sniping (already gained from martial tradition): Focusing Reload, Penetrating Shot, Steady Shot
• Trap (Focused Trapper [set darts only] drawback, Slow Worker drawback, 2 free): Persistent Trap, Trapsmith

Key Equipment:
• 4,000 gp: Belt of incredible dexterity +2
• 2,900 gp (self-crafted, but not self-enchanted): +1 musket
• 1,100 gp: Mithral chain shirt
• 1,000 gp: Muleback cords
• 500 gp: Cracked dusty rose prism ioun stone
• Alchemical cartridges, paper

Initiative:
6 Dexterity modifier
+2 trait from Reactionary
+1 competence from cracked dusty rose prism ioun stone
+4 initiative familiar
Total: +13

Range Increment:
40 musket
+30 Distance Shot
Total: 70 feet, attacks within this first range increment target touch AC, further can still target touch AC with deadeye deed

Musket Misfire:
2 base
+2 powerful shot
-2 enhanced reliability
-1 Firearm Fiend
+1 alchemical
Total: 2, though this goes down by 1 by the next level, and Sniping's dedication causes the attack to be rolled twice anyway

Attack Bonus:
4 BAB
+6 Dexterity modifier
+1 Weapon Focus
+1 enhancement
-2 Deadly Aim
Total: +10, only -1 attack penalty for each range increment past the first due to Sniping, roll twice and take the higher result and ignore penalty for firing into melee due to Sniping dedication, plus either Penetrating Shot (attack can continue past enemies dropped to 0 hit points or fewer) or Steady Shot (ignore cover less than total cover and concealment less than total cover)
>>
>>52568391
it's some shitty 3pp content why do i care?
>>
File: ff8c67155e36259c0e4b4a91583e1fe8.jpg (156KB, 1360x920px) Image search: [Google]
ff8c67155e36259c0e4b4a91583e1fe8.jpg
156KB, 1360x920px
>>52568397

Damage:
1d12 musket
+2d6 powerful shot (still considered part of base weapon damage)
+2 Mechanical Savant
+1 enhancement
+2 sharpen weapons
+4 Deadly Aim
Total: 1d12+2d6+9 (average 22.5) on a regular hit, 4d12+8d6+36 (average 90) on a critical hit, 3d12+6d6+9 (average 49.5) on a Sniping deadly shot, or 6d12+12d6+36 (average 117) on a Sniping deadly shot critical hit

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E2-s8weiulPoBQjdI05LBzOUToyoZIdSsLKxHAvf8F8/edit#gid=3
• Average CR 4 Touch AC: 12.1
• Average CR 4 Hit Points: 39.2
• Average CR 5 Touch AC: 12
• Average CR 5 Hit Points: 53.4

The sheer reliability of such a build cannot be overstated.
>>
>>52568400
because Paizo content for gunslingers and firearms is an even bigger pile of shit?
>>
>>52568426
But I can find other 3pp content that isn't shitty for my game instead of caring about 3pp content that is shitty?
>>
>>52568437
Remember when we were excited for Spheres of Might?
>>
>>52568391
Is this your full action? And fully optimized the way you usually do it right?

So, = CR on your turn?

That's right in the ballpack there. I'd be worried if it was taking out a CR7+ this way, but 6 with your optimization level would be in a good place. I disagree with your OP assessment, but I like the numbers you've put up.

How's it look with, say, a crossbow, since people don't always have access to firearms.
>>
>>52568444
I remember when stupid people were, yes.
>>
>>52568437
Since it's still being worked on, it isn't set in stone to be shitty. There's still plenty of hope, we just need to crunch numbers and make suggestions that aren't "plz flush"
>>
>>52567911
That's actually true. Way to go. Next we'll hear how he wasn't even that good anyway.
>>
>>52568359
>>52568364
Mega is free and can be uploaded to.
>>
>>52568510
Need an account or can it be done without such bull?
>>
>>52568530
You need an email for Mega. How big? Sendspace might work.
>>
File: dad341553847d19062d903c8042c4775.png (926KB, 2225x1750px) Image search: [Google]
dad341553847d19062d903c8042c4775.png
926KB, 2225x1750px
>>52568449

>So, = CR on your turn?

I have no idea where people get this conception from.

Consider a 5th-level fighter (mutation warrior) with Strength 30:
Strength 17 base
+2 racial
+1 level advancement
+2 enhancement from belt of giant strength
+4 alchemical from Strength mutagen
+4 morale from rage from barbarian variant multiclass

They also have Combat Stamina, Focused Discipline, Power Attack, Furious Focus, Weapon Focus (nodachi), Weapon Specialization (nodachi), weapon training (heavy blades), and a +1 nodachi.

On a charge, their attack bonus with the nodachi is:
5 BAB
+10 Strength modifier
+1 Weapon Focus
+1 weapon training
+1 enhancement
+2 Focused Discipline stamina trick
+2 charge
Total: +22

Not bad. They can hit enemies on a natural 2+ with ease, although this is still outshone by the twice-rolling, touch-targeting gunslinger.

What about damage?

1d10 nodachi
+15 Strength modifier multiplied
+2 Weapon Specialization
+1 weapon training
+1 enhancement
+2 Focused Discipline stamina trick
+6 Power Attack
Total: 1d10+27 (average 32.5), critical threat range 18-20

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E2-s8weiulPoBQjdI05LBzOUToyoZIdSsLKxHAvf8F8/edit#gid=3
Average CR 4 Hit Points: 39.2

This is still a few notches below the reliability and damage spikes of the gunslinger.

The ideal of "taking down an equal-CR enemy in a single turn with a near-guaranteed success rate" hardly applies at the level 3-7 stretch, as far as I can tell.
>>
File: 1462171994895.jpg (18KB, 270x320px) Image search: [Google]
1462171994895.jpg
18KB, 270x320px
>>52568483
How do you know it's true? Do you have proof that the Hitlerposting drove off Jolly forever?
>>
>>52568562

2hu can you give some general thoughts on mystic optimization?
>>
>>52568571
Even if people do, they probably shouldn't post it, because if confirmed it will just give the worst kinds of trolls a weapon they know will chase the Jolly off the board in future.
>>
>>52568562
The idea/concept comes from the very optimization you're talking about.

We're basically talking about the high end - maybe not the ceiling but at least the top-floor. Because honestly? MOST players don't come close to the optimization /pfg/ does, and most of /pfg/ doesn't reach your level of it either.

So if you're killing = CR on your turn, most of us will be killing CR-1, and the average player will one-round CR-2 instead.

Also that fighter should be hasted.
>>
>>52568559
about 40 minutes to go, it seems to be doing okay with Mega.

It's 222mb in a .rar
Though that's volumes 1-10, the first Explosions series and the masked devil one.
>>
>>52568591

Abuse Elemental Flux and animus for all they are worth.

Be sure to take the aurora soul archetype; adding your Wisdom modifier to your AC even in light armor is too strong a benefit to pass up. In fact, a one-level dip in medic (sanguinist) will give you Wisdom to unarmed damage, making for a rather strong unarmed build.

>>52568615

>The idea/concept comes from the very optimization you're talking about.
Show me a Paizo-classed 5th-level character who can, with zero resource expenditure, and round to round, stand a 99% chance of instantly taking out a CR 4 or a CR 5. That is exactly what the gunslinger above does.

>Also that fighter should be hasted.
I do not see why, given that the point of these builds is to show what such characters can do in a metaphorical vacuum, without the support of other party members. Hardly every party can be counted on to be hasted during all combats.
>>
>>52568755

Also, let us get this out of the way preemptively: without being a Spirited Charger. (Of course, being a spheremighter helps even with that.)
>>
>>52568630
you're a doll anon
>>
>>52568755
2hu have you considered writing a class?
>>
RELEASE THE LOGS
>>
>>52568391
>>52568397
>>52568406

It seems I will have to adjust such a build; they had already downgraded Sniping's deadly shot to add extra damage every 5 BAB, not every 4 BAB. This still seems a bit much.
>>
>>52568825

The build has lost Penetrating Shot and 1 point of attack bonus, but it still has a 99% chance of hitting CR 4s and CR 5s, and it is much the same otherwise.

Level: 5th
Race: Human
Class: Gunslinger (gunfighter, musket master) 1/technician 2/blacksmith 1/conscript 1
Ability Scores (20 point buy): Strength 7, Dexterity 17+2+1+2, Constitution 14, Intelligence 16, Wisdom 14, Charisma 7
Traits: Clever Wordplay (social), Cunning Liar (regional), Reactionary (combat), drawback of choice

Feats:
• Human Bonus: Focused Sphere (Sniping)
• 1st-level: Deadly Aim
• 3rd-level: Focused Sphere (Barrage)
• 5th-level: Combat Sphere Specialization (Sniping)

Inventions:
• 1st-level: Improved Firearm: Enhanced reliability, powerful shot
• 2nd-level: Whatever pleases you, with one improvement; inventions past the first tend to be extraneous

Technical Insights:
• 2nd-level: Inventor's insight

Conscript Specializations:
• 1 point: Indomitable will
• 1 point: Resolve
• 3 points: Combat sphere specialization

Martial Tradition: Mechanical Mastery
• Equipment (no dedication): Firearm Fiend, Firearm Proficiency, Mechanical Training
• Sniping: Focusing Reload

Other Combat Talents: 8 = 1 Rapid Reload associated feat trade + 1 technician + 1 trap specialist + 1 conscript + 1 conscript bonus talent + 1 conscript sphere specialization + 1 blacksmith + 1 equipment expert
• Barrage (Slow Shooter drawback, 1 free): Unorthodox Firing
• Beastmastery (Unskilled drawback, 1 free): Pet (initiative familiar)
• Equipment (1 free): Distance Shot, Expert Reloading, Mechanical Savant
• Sniping (already gained from martial tradition): Focusing Reload, Steady Shot
• Trap (Focused Trapper [set darts only] drawback, Slow Worker drawback, 2 free): Persistent Trap, Trapsmith
>>
File: 323da0c86e8c315017321f6fed8fcacd.jpg (251KB, 1000x719px) Image search: [Google]
323da0c86e8c315017321f6fed8fcacd.jpg
251KB, 1000x719px
>>52568906

Key Equipment:
• 4,000 gp: Belt of incredible dexterity +2
• 2,900 gp (self-crafted, but not self-enchanted): +1 musket
• 1,100 gp: Mithral chain shirt
• 1,000 gp: Muleback cords
• 500 gp: Cracked dusty rose prism ioun stone
• Alchemical cartridges, paper

Initiative:
6 Dexterity modifier
+2 trait from Reactionary
+1 competence from cracked dusty rose prism ioun stone
+4 initiative familiar
Total: +13

Range Increment:
40 musket
+30 Distance Shot
Total: 70 feet, attacks within this first range increment target touch AC, further can still target touch AC with deadeye deed

Musket Misfire:
2 base
+2 powerful shot
-2 enhanced reliability
-1 Firearm Fiend
+1 alchemical
Total: 2, though this goes down by 1 by the next level, and Sniping's dedication causes the attack to be rolled twice anyway

Attack Bonus:
4 BAB
+6 Dexterity modifier
+1 enhancement
-2 Deadly Aim
Total: +9, only -1 attack penalty for each range increment past the first due to Sniping, roll twice and take the higher result and ignore penalty for firing into melee due to Sniping dedication, ignore cover less than total cover and concealment less than total cover due to Steady Shot

Damage:
1d12 musket
+2d6 powerful shot (still considered part of base weapon damage)
+2 Mechanical Savant
+1 enhancement
+2 sharpen weapons
+4 Deadly Aim
Total: 1d12+2d6+9 (average 22.5) on a regular hit, 4d12+8d6+36 (average 90) on a critical hit, 3d12+6d6+9 (average 49.5) on a Sniping deadly shot, or 6d12+12d6+36 (average 117) on a Sniping deadly shot critical hit

• Average CR 4 Touch AC: 12.1
• Average CR 4 Hit Points: 39.2
• Average CR 5 Touch AC: 12
• Average CR 5 Hit Points: 53.4

>>52568809

No.
>>
>>52568911
Not even if they asked you to take the mask off?
>>
>>52568755
Man, I had a lot of mileage out of Animus abuse as a Mystic

Given that so long as you use only 2 Animus per round on a maneuver, and replenish 2 per round, you can get +4 attack bonus on the maneuvers that you want to hit, this can account for a lot

When I made a gestalt Mystic/Aegis, I mostly made it for fun but now said character is considered one of the most powerful in my group
>>
>>52568755
Haste is something everyone gets if they want to optimize, sooner or later. It's an integral part of optimizing a martial class .
>>
>>52569051

We are also looking at single character optimization (something that a single player is likely to have under their control), as opposed to much more unpredictable party optimization.
>>
Get it while it's hot
https colon //mega dot nz/fm/ZmQz3ZrB
>>
>>52569087
If you are assuming high optimization then you can't really say that this fighter won't have haste active in fights that matter once it becomes available. How well you scale with various buffs you are very likely to get is also a part of optimizing.

That said, this Sniper build is probably too reliable. It doesn't need buffs, it doesn't need to expend resources, no nothing.
>>
File: 89e916606b3afe1f831f7650b1037245.jpg (496KB, 1965x1390px) Image search: [Google]
89e916606b3afe1f831f7650b1037245.jpg
496KB, 1965x1390px
>>52569164

>If you are assuming high optimization then you can't really say that this fighter won't have haste active in fights that matter once it becomes available.

Then we move on to party optimization, which is an entirely different matter altogether.
>>
>>52566467

>Gloriana
Anal and oral at 17, vaginal 18. This is actually a plot point in her backstory.

>Valeriya
15, and a pregnancy scare is what made Kendra decide it was time to ship her off - continued to fuck throughout her time at the Academy, but the Vilderavn personality split has put her off from sex since she's come home.

>Onryou
Canonically a virgin, but has long-since torn through training any of the things that might physically confirm this.

>Doll
Still a maid.
>>
>>52569195
But far from inappropriate. For example if something gets nearly no benefits from the party, then in an actual game/campaign they may fall behind.

There's also things like a level 6 comparison: How does the sniping compare once you get a second (actually third with haste) shot?

Also "all day" issue: On average if it can be done 7-9 times, it's roughly the same as all day. Anything that can be done 12 times is ENTIRELY all-day in practice (this was a problem for the old 3.5 warlock
>>
>>52569151
Eh, this ain't /co/
But thanks for reminding me that this exists and that I storytimed this crap once upon a time.
>>
>>52569217
It was someone ON here that asked for it. And the link's an 'ephemeral' one too.

Not exactly a fan of giving yet more info to yet more large data companies.
>>
>>52569195
I don't want to get involved in detailed optimization argument because I don't have time nor drive for that. All I'm saying is your comparison is highly detached from how things actually play out in practice. It has a point, and a good one, but it also ignores important parts the game assumes.
>>
>>52569234
I'd add that the one dangerous thing about the 2hu optimizations is that if they ever get mistaken for anything less than the high ceiling of what something could be 'abused' (as the paitards might call it) into achieving, it can result in drastic overnerfing. The baseline and floor have to be able to hold their own.
>>
File: IMG_2755.gif (972KB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2755.gif
972KB, 400x223px
>>52569208
>This is actually a plot point in her backstory.
>>
>>52565554
>How do your play your foreigners and outlanders finding their place in a new land?

By sampling the thick, juicy meat of the new land.
>>
>>52566421
>>52566448
>>52566478

Weebs are obsessed with purity and I think it's beyond stupid.
>>
>>52565693
Obviously. Anything less would insult the poor girl, and that's quite cruel
>>
>>52565834
Val Baine? The one that was like 10, but all those greentext warriors plowed senseless?
>>
DM is allowing my necromancer to have an awakened skeleton mook as a companion, and I've been wondering what kind of feats would work well on him? I've been considering just giving him generally useful stuff like combat reflexes and toughness and making him into a secondary bruiser but his only noteworthy stats are dex and strength and I'm not sure how sturdy a naked d8 is even with plate armor. I could make him a really good archer but that seems a little boring.
>>
>>52569415

Yup, she's actually 12 but people thought that's somehow an excuse to Age her up or make her an "early bloomer," it was honestly disgusting.

>>52569430

>Combat Reflexes

Anon why, give that guy a longspear and make the skelly a reach fighter. Maybe say he's a knock-off of a Dragon's Tooth warrior.

>>52569395

It's not hard to understand how their logic developed; there's the whole cultural stigma towards being a slut that is rightfully kept by society, but having a healthy sex life with a committed partner shouldn't be considered ruining her to any other man (fuck, Shelyn's dogma emphasizes that love can fade, and that's okay, just enjoy the warmth while it lasts.)

I think it comes from the idea that, because they're virgins, their girl needs to be a virgin too. This is easy to find in High School, but as you age up it becomes harder and harder until the only women still a maid probably have some weird reason why.
>>
>>52569488
>Yup, she's actually 12 but people thought that's somehow an excuse to Age her up or make her an "early bloomer," it was honestly disgusting.

...Am I missing something here?
If you change the setting so she's 16~18, and make her act that way, doesn't that make it okay?
>>
>>52569488
I mean what's wrong with if they aged her up? Am I pedo cause the woman I fucked was 12 at some point in her life.
>>
>>52569527
Yes and also a rapist, because you're a man on top of it all.
>>
>>52569517
>>52569527

The problem with aging her up isn't the alteration of lore - heaven knows we've thrown out Caravan mechanics or awkward backstory history in the name of making a better girl - but what I'm having issue is people being so sex-focused that they can't bear to see the sole cute young woman in the first book of Iron Gods not speared on someone's Rod of Majesty, and if she's 12 than they might as well tick up the numbers to make her less skeevy. Oh, and give her huge knockers.
>>
>>52569579
Can't we just give her the knockers but keep her twelve?
>>
>>52569592
You joke but my parents were 8 years apart and started dating when he was in college.

He thought she was in highschool and she didn't care to correct him till they signed up for lamaze classes.
>>
>>52569592

You probably could, and make it a funny "oh shit, I didn't know how old she was" situation - not after the "act," but maybe everyone giving him funny looks around Torch before she pops the number.
>>
>>52569579
What if there was an important old man NPC and the GM turned them into a cute teenage girl with the same role?
>>
>>52569659
>Meets this beautiful halfling woman
>Things go very well. Very well indeed.
>After a few days people start staring at him oddly and pulling their children back almost as if to hide them when he walks the street
>Turns out she's basically a Misty Isle doujin character
>And that baby'll be 100% human.
>>
>>52569680

Then you'd either roll your eyes or give the guy the stink eye because you KNOW why he made that tired old Slavic man into a lovely young woman with silver hair thrown over her shoulder in a maiden's braid.

You don't make someone that isn't sexually desirable, into someone sexually desirable without making it obvious.
>>
>>52569744
When I GMed I made all NPCs into cute girls because the party as a whole cared less about anyone that wasn't one.
>>
>>52569744
>>52569680

Like, let me give an exquisite example of this tomfoolery in action; threads ago we had someone clamoring to make Koya Mvashti in SotJR an exotic brown 30 something, without offering a real explanation why.

Think about why you feel like that's a dumb thing to do, that's the same feeling people get when you make a kid into a titty jailbait teen or an old man into a lovely young girl. It's not only skeevy, but it probably ruins a part of what made the character charming in the first place.
>>
File: HE ATE MY PENCIL.gif (401KB, 326x245px) Image search: [Google]
HE ATE MY PENCIL.gif
401KB, 326x245px
I'm interested in the Ungermaw class from Gonzo II. Has anyone here played one, and how did it play?
>>
>>52569813
>Called Jade Regent 'SotJR'
Anon...

Also, I don't see any problem with this, especially if it's a way to make the party care more about the character where they wouldn't otherwise.
At the end of the day the GM's goal is to present something the players will enjoy. Even if it loses some of the original appeal, it also brings new appeal - not necessarily sexual.
>>
>>52569813
I get the point you're making here, but you act like your average /pfg/ anon would care.

I mean I agree with you, but still.
>>
>>52569904
No he was referring specifically to SotJR which has already demonstrated a willingness to shit on plot and world coherency for the sake of sex.

Also, making Koya young kinda shits on her character. And now Sandru's backstory makes no sense either.
>>
>>52569929
>Advertise lewd game
>Attract players interested in lewds
>Increase a character's lewd appeal so they better fit the game as advertised and are closer to what expected players are looking for
>Bad

What?

Is this a whole sex=bad mentality?
Because when sex is part of the fun, you're saying it's a bad thing for a GM to change the plot and setting for more fun.
>>
>>52569992
>you're saying it's a bad thing for a GM to change the plot and setting for more fun
If what he's done now is any indication it's probably not for more "fun".

Also, this isn't a sex=bad mentality. Fucking with the plot in a way that makes stories and timelines not make sense just so you can put some dicks or titties in player faces is bad. You can still keep sexuality in a way that doesn't shit on the plot and coherency of the world.
>>
>>52570040
Or maybe... you change other aspects of the story and timeline to account for these changes, and have the best of both worlds?
>>
>>52570059
At which point you should probably just make a CoC campaign and be done with it.
>>
>>52570059

Anon... Here's the issue I have with it, and he probably does too.

Okay, so you want this hot thirty something exotic MILF Varisian, right? Why don't you... Uhh... Just make that a new character? Koya can stay the energetic, adventurous grandma looking for one last great journey across the world, and at her side could be the lovely cousin that's come to join her on the trip to Minkai. Brianna Mvashti or something, very sweet and has tits the size of soccerballs.

The issue isn't the inclusion of sex, it's the inclusion of sex by altering the adventure's flavor to tickle your dick. Keep Koya as she is, just throw a new woman into the mix.
>>
In all seriousness, how would you stat a katana?
INB4 2d12 18-20/x4
>>
File: Dis2-samurai.jpg (60KB, 700x850px) Image search: [Google]
Dis2-samurai.jpg
60KB, 700x850px
>>52570147
Fine as is honestly.
>>
>>52570109
>This nigga

You got it right. I'm GMing an RoW campaign and I'm gonna make it NOT lewd- but if the player's express interest in it, and they want to waifu one of the characters, I'll try to accommodate. The more I hear about SotJR the less I'm sure I wanted to apply

>>52570147
I'd use the stats for the bastard sword, in all honesty.
>>
>>52569579
>people want a young girl to get the D
>age her up so she isn't young anymore
What's even the point
>>
>>52570162
There's young and there's "take a seat right over there"
>>
>>52570109
>>52570059
>>52569992
>>52569929
>>52569904
What even is the argument here?
"you should make this character older so she's more fuckable"
"no, I like the way she is now"
"she's less likely to get into the campaign"
"I disagree because you're not the GM, and I want to play the character my way anyway"

Is that it?
>>
>>52570147
1d8 19-20/x2
>>
>>52570186
I feel like you're getting conversations mixed up.

We're not talking about a PC a player is brining to the table we're talking about two different NPCs in two different campaigns. The conversation you linked to specifically is talking about aging DOWN a character.
>>
>>52570185
Yeah, but why did they even want to fuck her in the first place then? And why play a lewd campaign with other 4chan degenerates if they're going to get hung up on something like that?
>>
>>52570247
To be honest the book does a poor job of conveying val is young, like REAL young, to people.
>why did they want to bang her in the first place
It's not my place to judge, man. I'm not a shrink.
>>
>>52570211
My bad, I was honestly confused about who was being talked about. Does it really matter how a GM presents AP NPCs as long as it makes sense plotwise? It's up to the players to do anything about them.
>>
>>52570293
That's what people are saying. Aging down Kora fucks with a bunch of other timeline stuff and defeats the point of her character.
>>
How do I gestalt Bloodrager/Oracle if I want to dump DEX down to 7? Which of the three mysteries has the best CHA-to-AC revelation, Lore, Lunar, or Nature? Should I go Spirit Guide? Is Sphere Oracle worth it? I've never built a full-caster before.
>>
>>52570161
>The more I hear about SotJR the less I'm sure I wanted to apply

Oh don't worry, beyond the unfortunate rape scene that I have a strong feeling even the DM is regretting, it's all pretty sweet and vanilla - Valeriya and Casimir's building the foundations of a relationship, Onryou and Seht are working through his potential engagement to Shayliss, and Corwin's being the stoic guardian of Ameiko.
>>
File: 53949019_p3_master1200.jpg (264KB, 994x750px) Image search: [Google]
53949019_p3_master1200.jpg
264KB, 994x750px
>>52570446
Why didn't Quinn bang on the door or open the door at the first sign of trouble?

Upon missing her first turn of attacks, why did Quinn use her next turn to lie down and offer herself up to be raped, instead of... you know, attacking again?

It's like Quinn was TRYING to get herself raped.

Why did the gnoll even think, "Hmmm, this girl has some magic blasts. Better take her bait and rape her"?
>>
>>52565588
So... Catholicism and Christianity? Not so much so currently but it's been a long bloody history they've been creating.
>>
>>52570455

Every intelligent monster knows that magical girls are sturdier where it counts.
>>
>>52570196
This, S or P, with Deadly, and Fragile applying to regular and masterwork version (as opposed to only non-masterwork nonmagical). Hardness 1 lower than regular material of type.
>>
>>52570459
ALL abrahamics actually.
It's pretty much only the dress-code that changes based on the region, and how many prophets they accept.
>>
>>52570499
>It's pretty much only the dress-code that changes based on the region

Fun Fact: The use of hijabs and feature-covering apparel amongst Muslims began with the Byzantine Empire, where noblewomen wore headscarves to hide their hair and dull their features.

Islam in the day was obsessed with all things Byzantine, so it wasn't long until they adopted the practice.
>>
>>52570455
Because Quinn was available, and has the aura of "least pure girl" despite there being an actual prostitute in the party.
>>
>>52570601
>>52570455
>>52570446
I mean, still. It just sounded like Gnoncommital, Gnonconsensueal, Gnoll Gnonsense to me.

I just like to rag on RotJR too, sometimes.
>>
Tell me, /pfg/, has your character ever bisected a man, then used the top half of his body as a tool to intimidate his friend? This includes slapping with the hands and making morbid puppet jokes.
>>
>>52570651
I should have made a Bouda "Kitsune" for LoBaF. That could have been great.
>>
>>52570693

No? Oh my god, no.
>>
>>52570712
Make sure it's CONSENSUAL Gnoll Gnonsense. There's Gnothing wrong with being Gnoll, Gno sirree. In fact, Gnolls are great!

I'll be honest I fucking HATE Pathfinder Gnolls, the ones in Wicked Fantasy are so much better. Here's the excerpt from the 1d4chan article

Dach'youn: The hyena beast-men known in other settings as gnolls are quite different in Wicked Fantasy. Although still a feral and primordial race, they are more Neutral; their focus is on surviving, not slavery and conquest. As nomadic packs, they roam the wilderness, worshipping the moons and hunting for their next meal. They're given some pretty interesting fluff, without the usual "they're evil!" spins on it. For example, they're perceived as being "lazy" because they're nocturnal, to the point they worship the moons and fear the sun as an evil, destructive deity. They're "dirty" because their thick pelts make them overheat easily (another reason they move around at night) and are attractive to various parasites, so they take at least one mud-bath a day; it keeps the bugs off, cools them down, and is just plain fun. They're matriarchal, but in a real world sense of the term; since they're not culturally monogamous, they trace descent through the mother's line, since "fathers" are generally unknown. They're actually on slightly better terms with humans than orks are, as they lack the orks' history of raiding and warfare. They're also proving surprisingly adept as cooks.

>>52570748
"Well, hey, he's lost his trousers! Looks like he's half the man he used to be without them."
>>
>>52570766
>"Well, hey, he's lost his trousers! Looks like he's half the man he used to be without them."
Jeez dude that's sick, you should really cut the guy some slacks
>>
>>52570693
Does it count if you animated the two halves separately as zombies, used a permanent gentle repose spell, then had the zombie throw the upper half of the girl at the fucking asshole to REALLY freak him out?

He totally, totally deserved it.
>>
>>52570862
That sounds even better. Let's hear it, /pfg/- what fun antics have you gotten up to with dead bodies!

>>52570849
Hey, I was running low on time- I had to put the foot down somewherel
>>
How important is BAB for a spherecaster that wants to go into Alteration?
I'm looking to do druid-style "I'm a bear now let's go" combat, but am interested in a low-BAB class.

If that's not viable, should I choose Shifter or Sphere Druid? Or maybe even Mageknight?
>>
>>52570893
Honestly, Shifter is the best class for being a shapeshfiter. It's 3/4ths BaB. That's as low as you can go for natural attacks and not be ass.
>>
>>52565554
Is there a way to get 2 additional rays out of scorching ray?

Heighten Magic can give you the 4th, so with potent magic you'd be 1 off from the the fifth.

Ideas on how to get that last one?
>>
>>52570893
Depends on what you're trying to do, senpai. Shifter is the straight up Alteration class, and if you're going with natural attacks then 3/4th BAB won't hurt too much. 1/2 BAB WOULD be agony, though, seriously. Don't inflict that on yourself.

A fullcaster with 3/4th BAB could manage just fine, probably. I'd wager you'd need to sink quite a few talents first, though.
>>
>>52570893
Alteration is the buff sphere. If you're self-buffing attacking personally, you'll need good BAB. If you're buffing the guy with full BAB then you don't need it yourself.
>>
>>52570968
You could quicken it and just cast again.
>>
>>52570974
>>52570970
>>52570945
I'd like to play a supportive, buff-based caster that can, in a pinch, unload it's buffs on itself to become some sort of Huge-sized dire bear and get into the melee.
Seems like Sphere Druid's my choice here, then?
>>
>>52570984
Of course, but preferably both of them would have 5 rays.
>>
>>52570890
>what fun antics have you gotten up to with dead bodies!
Accidentally gained lich-loved as a story feat.
>>
How hard would it be to be a lich but keep yourself from rotting
Would gentle repose work?
>>
>>52571026

Yes, but it will require painstaking recasting or some sort of permanent solution. And the seconds of exposure during recasts build up over time.....
>>
>>52571026
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/fire-mountain-games/mortal-visage/
>>
File: overlord threads.gif (955KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
overlord threads.gif
955KB, 360x360px
>>52571026
>not going full bonelord
Oh shit son what are you doing?
>>
>>52571026
Get a magic item of continual gentle repose.
>>
>>52570890
Carved out and ate a paladin's liver.
>>
>>52571075
I'm just wondering how hard it'd be.
Also Ainz isn't a lich, he's not even an elder lich, he's another class of being altogether
I mean shit, he does strength, dexterity, and constitution damage as a plain touch attack.
>>
File: 1490063658597.jpg (219KB, 492x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1490063658597.jpg
219KB, 492x1000px
>>52571075
What a sad state of affairs, let me play you the song of my people.
>>
>>52571026
Preserve the faces of the adventurers foolish enough to try and slay you. Wear them like masks.
>>
>>52571026
So, there's some things you may want to consider.

Damage won't heal. Your transformation to a lich may turn you skeleton-y.

Gentle repose may work, but other solutions are polymorph, alter self, magic jar into your own simulacrum, fleshcrafting, or other sorts of tricks like that.

Why do you need a body for?
>>
>>52571011
Let's hear more about it, anon! Was she/he cute? Did you redeem them? What went down?

>>52571026
You're reminding me of a story concept I once wrote (in a homebrew setting), for a psychic lich woman that yearned for the pleasures of the flesh once again, and watned to experience it again, rather than steal the memories out of somebody else- so they forced an alchemist to make a homunculus body for her, which she then stuck her consciousness in. This had the side effect of removing her memories as a psychic lich, and making her an amnesiac that craves new memories. So as to inspire lust, she also gave herself a bombshell body, but she doesn't know why she has it. I wasn't sure if she was going to be an ally or an enemy- though I think in that setting, the "arcane" lichs who CHOOSE to become liches are EVIL, "psychic" lichs who live on because of their extremely strong memories and personalities are usually Neutral, and "moss" liches are what happens when a druid dies before their time, and can be either good, neutral, or evil. I lost that setting doc a while ago.
>>
>>52571122
>he does strength, dexterity, and constitution damage as a plain touch attack.
Nigga a lich paralyses people permanently by touching them. Dispel magic does nothing, you need a curse break spell, or you're just going to starve to death. A lich gets a free extra touch attack in to do this with.

All liches are horrific beings that will drain the life from you with just a touch.
>>
File: Plagueborn_Meatwall_TCG.jpg (117KB, 1024x821px) Image search: [Google]
Plagueborn_Meatwall_TCG.jpg
117KB, 1024x821px
>>52570693
>>52570890
Can't remember anything specific that I did with someone's dead body across all of my games. I feel like there might have been something amusing but nothing solid is coming up into my memory.

Though the current character I have written up has done a lot of dissecting and research of dead bodies, even tried to make a four armed flesh golem with the head of a bear stitched on. It didn't work obviously, she needs to lean more.
>>
>>52571245
And Ainz has something like a permanent Wail of the Banshee surrounding him that also gives Insanities, forces Terror, Fear, and Panic, and loads of other shit.
>>
>>52571245
>Lich paralyzes a waifu
>turns her into a living dakimakura, delicately hand feeding her, playing dress up with her, making her do dumb poses while in various stages of undress and costumes, and cuddles up to her during the day while resting.
I don't know how to feel about this.
>>
>>52571289
The waifu is still concious.
>>
>>52571311
eventually she would stop thinking
>>
>>52571122
Yeah it seems the racial path is Skeleton Mage > Lich > Elder Lich > Overlord
But the race upgrades (at the very least overlord) also certain regular classes to unlock, like Necromancer and Master of Death. I think Overlord and Eclipse were connected?

He had nullification vs all damage and spells below level 60 but this seems to be common from levelling up; the NPCs have various measures of it too.
>>
>>52571319
>Lich mind breaks another waifu, turns her into an undead and waits for the next adventuring party to come along
I think we just wrote the next issue of Victim Girls.
>>
File: chomusuke1.gif (737KB, 500x580px) Image search: [Google]
chomusuke1.gif
737KB, 500x580px
>>52571191
>>52571195
Best lich right there.
>>
File: 1465325464172.png (587KB, 933x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465325464172.png
587KB, 933x720px
>>52569151
Ah did I miss out?
>>
>>52571345
Yes. It's gone now. Lost to void.
>>
>>52571265
Despair Aura.
He usually keeps it turned off, much like he usually actively suppresses the drain-touch (but it works punching him too, not just on grabbing IIRC) since it would hurt his NPCs as well.
>>
>>52571345
maybe someone else can put it back up, but I cannot resend until later, since going to bed and shutting down.
>>
>>52571026
Wasn't there a 3.5 splatbook about liches that discussed ways they could mask/delay their physical decay?
>>
>>52571328
The NPCs don't have it explicitly, I'm not sure how it works. Thing is the only other person who demonstrated it was Sebas, who might've just flat tanked Zero's ult, and Demiurge, who's a Prince of Hell so it stands to reason that 4th tier spells just don't work on him.

>it seems the racial path
There's probably branches.

>>52571365
Despair Aura is loads fucking overpowered in the New World, it's a constant WotB with DC 50 in a world where the best of the best can manage 25 on a nat 20.
>>
>>52571380
Uh scratch that as far as I can tell it's still working?

https://mega dot nz/fm/ZmQz3ZrB
>>
>>52571388
Cocytus also mentions turning it off for his duel with the lizardmen because it wouldn't be fair.
>>
>>52571265
>>52571365
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/lich/
>Fear Aura (Su)

>Creatures of less than 5 HD in a 60-foot radius that look at the lich must succeed on a Will save or become frightened. Creatures with 5 HD or more must succeed at a Will save or be shaken for a number of rounds equal to the lich’s Hit Dice. A creature that successfully saves cannot be affected again by the same lich’s aura for 24 hours. This is a mind-affecting fear effect.

>Paralyzing Touch (Su)

>Any living creature a lich hits with its touch attack must succeed on a Fortitude save or be permanently paralyzed. Remove paralysis or any spell that can remove a curse can free the victim (see the bestow curse spell description, with a DC equal to the lich’s save DC). The effect cannot be dispelled. Anyone paralyzed by a lich seems dead, though a DC 20 Perception check or a DC 15 Heal check reveals that the victim is still alive

LITERALLY LICH ABILITIES

LICHES ARE NOT FUN FUCKTOYS

I SHOUTED AT THE PALADIN FOR HUGGING THE CRAZY LICH AND SHE WAS LUCKY NOT TO BE TURNED INTO ANOTHER HUGSPLOSION ZOMBIE THAT THE LICH WAS MAKING

SPAGHETTI SPAGHETTI DON'T FUCK THE LICH-Y
>>
>>52571415
Cocytus turned off his Aura: Knight of Nilfheim because that would've nuked the entire village.

>>52571428
>fear aura
Ainz has one that causes Panic, Insanity, and Death too.
>>
>>52571340
Honestly I might reuse them as an NPC in Blood Mountain. Make Psychic Liches a noted phenomenon- occasionally, geniuses who spend a lot of time in libraries, celebrities with HUGE numbers of fans, will die, people with extreme personalities and powerful convictions make psychic liches. Their memories and personalities are so strong that they DON'T actually pass on- they leave behind a powerful spirit in a location they were associated with, which is usually "them but exaggerated." A high-brow genius polymath might be covered in tools of all the trades he's been in, a bombshell singer might have looks that compete with a goddess of fertility, etc., etc. It's something that needs tinkering.

>>52571442
What even IS Ainz? I'm like 95% certain you'd need epic levels and mythic ranks in order to actually stat him.
>>
>>52571472
He's epic and mythic with a bunch of broken as shit feats.

>Epic Feat: Stacking Meta
>You can put an arbitrary number of metamagic feats on any spell as lond as they are all valid and are not contradictory.
>Epic Metamagic Feat: The Goal of All Life is Death
>Declare an instant death spell. Two rounds later, all targets affected by this spell die immediately with no save. Creatures and objects with immunity to instant death act as if they did not have this immunity for the purposes of the enhanced spell.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>52571510
>>52571510
>>52571510
>>
>>52571517
PAGE
SEV
actually this is fine too. But it's unrelated to pathfinder, unless you want to point out a place that has a Politburo.
>>
>>52571604
I just made a setting in 30 seconds that has one, what now
>>
>>52571616
Tell us about the setting! What are the levels of the party commanders in chiefs?
>>
>>52571645
The chairman is level 5.
>>
>>52571604
Even non-anime OPs are frequently not about Pathfinder. Why should they be?
>>
>>52571666
I'm simply holding it up to the same standards we do our anime OPs! They get complained about having nothing to do with pathfinder too.

Also, it's fun to ask and get discussion going.

>>52571660
What class is he?!
>>
>>52571693
A Hero of the People. It does nothing really, but he has a bunch of ranks in Diplomacy and Perform: Oratory.
>>
>>52571693
I say it's related as long as it's even vaguely fantastical.
>>
>>52571753
HOW DARE YOU HAVE A CLASSIST PARTY!?
>>
>>52571843
>classist
But everyone is a Hero of the People.
Thread posts: 368
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.