[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello /tg/ I'm gunna be starting a dnd 5e campaign with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: D3Necro-female.jpg (289KB, 2000x2316px) Image search: [Google]
D3Necro-female.jpg
289KB, 2000x2316px
hello /tg/
I'm gunna be starting a dnd 5e campaign with a bunch of friends, and the last time I played my character was a Minotaur Prince/Fighter, now I wanna go a little opposite.
can anyone give me some advice on building a Lawful Good Necromancer?
are Necromancers better as Wizards? Sorcerers? or Warlocks?or maybe even Clerics? since there isn't a Necromancer class built in and I'm no good at home-brewing a custom class

please and thankyou for any help
>>
As far as I know wizards have crucial bonuses when they become necromancers so pick wizard. and depending on how many people are playing I would advise against playing necromancer because it may clog up a combat encounter with 6+ skeletons and 6+ party members but that entirely depends on the party comp and number (I would say 5 PCs is fine). I don't have much experience in Lawful good necromancer but some mindsets they may have is:
Once a soul leaves this body it becomes a resource, a tool to channel my virtuous intent.
Time makes skeletons of us all.
I'm not good with talking to the living, I'm far more comfortable around people I've resurrected.
>>
>>52565258
Look for the Cleric Unearthed Arcana article on the DnD website or the 5e general. It's got a nicely spooky themed Grave cleric domain. It won't give bonuses to your undead like the Necromancer Wizard though.

If you want to make the strongest undead, then go Wizard. But yeah be careful not to bog down the game too often. Try to get a bag of holding and keep a dozen skeletons in there.
>>
>>52566199
would I be aloud a ghost companion? like a familiar? or is that all just dependent if the DM lets me?
>>
>>52565258
being a cleric will allow you to be a drow, which will instantly give anyone in the world an excuse to mistreat you.

unless i'm missing the point of being an edge-lord
>>
>>52565258
Fifth Edition's RAW does not attribute necromancy to just one Alignment, but bear in mind basically all institutions of Lawful Good view necromancy as abhorrent and immoral. While your necromancer /could/ be Lawful Good, basically no one will see him that way. And that's not even factoring in whatever homebrew setting info your GM writes on the subject.
>>
>homebrew a necromancer class
REEEEEEEE

Why? Just think the focus your necromancy have and pick the class! Wizard, Warlock or Cleric! Heck, pick Bard and go Thriller on your opponents!
>>
>>52565258
Three days straight, and everybody wants to play a necromancer, or want to start playing as a necromancer or wants to multiclass as a necromancer.
Is this a new meme?
>>
>>52576021
"I wanna be a Good Necromancer" is an ancient skub argument on /tg/ and most likely predates 4chan itself. Every now and then we get a deluge of threads about it for some reason.
>>
File: Good necromancers.jpg (154KB, 891x603px) Image search: [Google]
Good necromancers.jpg
154KB, 891x603px
>>52565258
>Good Necromancer
Playing such a character would be pretty boring, since the only good necromancer is a dead one.
>>
>>52576083
what about calling upon the souls of fallen warriors to return and fight along side your party? or calling upon souls to scout the surrounding area for enemies, traps, or loot?
>>
>>52576171
I would not say a word, if people wanted to play some sort of shaman, or a Morrowind dark elf, who summoned their ancestors.
But they want to be necromancers. They want to raise unholy creatures and pollute the world.
>>
>>52576192
and what if I didnt want to raise unholy creatures?
what about raising a fallen party member?
>>
>>52576264
Well, why didn't you say so?
There's a bit of a language discrepancy in the world of dnd as Necromancer simultaneously means "one who uses spells of the necromantic school" and "one who constructs unholy abominations from corpses"

The most common interpretation is the latter, which is what everyone told you about. If you want the former, play a Cleric of any kind. Life and Grave domains work pretty well for this, but any of them can save a friend from death well.
>>
>>52576171
That sounds more like a Cleric using Spirit Guardians than a necromancer.
>>
>>52580332
>Well, why didn't you say so?
well I did say Lawful Good, kinda thought that would imply I wouldnt be evil
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.