[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides biological necessity and religious/cultural custom, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: 1491176334299.jpg (87KB, 383x627px) Image search: [Google]
1491176334299.jpg
87KB, 383x627px
Besides biological necessity and religious/cultural custom, what would be a plausible reason for a character to wear fully-enclosing clothing at all times?
>>
>>52525864
Paranoia
Distrust
Desire for aesthetics
>>
>>52525864
Permanent danger of their body (de)compressing to death.
>>
>>52525864
Anonymity, privacy, values the ability to have control over every aspect of their appearance
>>
Mad alchemist whose suit feeds him a constant chemical cocktail of his own making.

Intimidation.
>>
>>52525864
They are a carrier of some sort of terrible plague and they don't want anyone else they come in contact with to catch it.
>>
>>52525864
Sex stuff.
>>
File: leper_king.jpg (47KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
leper_king.jpg
47KB, 720x480px
>>52525864
leprosy/horribly disfigured to the point they don't want people to see their skin.
>>
Disguise in a place that wants him dead?
>>
>>52525864
He comes from a world or place where wearing the suit at all times is absolutely mandatory, and therefore views it as a second skin. To walk without it would be the mental equivalent of walking nude in a sandstorm.

So, kind of a cultural custom, but one born out of pure necessity that the individual cannot part with.

Alternatively, because the bodysuit hides your physical features, and enables you to be judged purely on the merits of your accomplishments rather than your looks.
>>
>>52525911
Hello Volus
>>
>>52525864
Some good old fashioned plague forcing characters to cover every orfice
>>
>>52526210
>>52526037
>>52525911
>biological necessity.
>>
Use of noxious gases as a primary form of attack or perhaps a great fear of germs or enviromental contamination. Played a character like that once, loads of fun.
>>
Michael Bay and the numerous AI knockoffs of him.

Imagine being a starfarer in 100-200 years, and you're between shifts so you watch some Future!Netlix action films and they all have scenes of space ship/ station glass blowing out and sending everyone to their deaths. Then you watch some German feature and the MC talks about how it's only a few inches between you and certain death. Repeat for almost every type of show you watch.

It wouldn't be too out of place to buy some gear that would let you survive, right? Maybe you get it cheap from the company or !Amazon. Then someone sees you and it just starts spreading from there.
>>
>>52525864
Would you count "protection from environmental hazards" under "biological necessity"?
>>
>>52526682
>it becomes necessity on the NOT!Russian stations where whole sections are open to cold space and so everyone just stays in their suits.
>it catches on
>out run stations start becoming bare bones where only the crew quarters have life support
>major corporations catch on to cut costs, finding increased wages offset the upkeep of station-wide life support

I'd imagine it'd be like when I worked in the mines; no one removed their suits because you had to take like a 15min shower just to go eat, on a 20min break so we all just worked straight through and finished early.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 720x408px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 720x408px
>>52525864
le mysterious man
rule of cool
it was put on him and he can't remove it
>>
File: I_ship_it.png (284KB, 740x587px) Image search: [Google]
I_ship_it.png
284KB, 740x587px
>>52525983
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 960x544px
>>52526970
such a great character
>>
File: when your BP hits 9 just right.png (2MB, 1200x756px) Image search: [Google]
when your BP hits 9 just right.png
2MB, 1200x756px
>>52526970
>>
>>52525864
fanatical prudism?
>>
>>52525864
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haphephobia

Touch phobia.
>>
>>52525864
Severe body image issues. They don't want anyone to see how ugly they (in their mind, justified or not) are.
>>
>>52525864
Being able to undress and easily disguise themselves, because everybody identifies them with the suit and nobody knows what they look like underneath.
>>
>>52525864
Honestly biological necessity is like 95% the reason people wear clothes at all. I guess embarrassment. Otherwise, I don't know, it's fucking cold out or something? Not like you'd die cold, but perhaps you just want to be comfy?
>>
>>52525864
secret skeleton
>>
They're actually entirely made out of clothing and this is the easiest way to go about it without giving themselves away.
>>
>>52525864
They wear full plate.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.