[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 39

File: 1404645025394.jpg (674KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1404645025394.jpg
674KB, 1920x1200px
Previous thread: >>52491030

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/princes-gambit-joy-exalted-plans-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question:
Have you ever managed to have a successful romance in one of your games, without derailing whatever was the main plot?
>>
>>52513493
Sure between NPCs. But seriously my players have always refused to participate in any romanti relationships because they think I will use them to fuck them over ;_;
>>
>>52513493
Between NPC's a bunch of times. Between players, or a player and an NPC, only once. One of the players really insisted on it, so we ended up with a middle-ground where the romance served as motivation for the character. but it was mostly not shown during the sessions.

Like a sort of "he's my husband and I love him, I have to protect him" sort of deal.
>>
Once, the DM introduced a NPC emo goth woman into our mage campaign and my character and she started a relationship.

It didnt really derail the plot as there wasnt much plot to derail at the time. We had to "save" her from a marauder realm. Then we found out she was a ghost all along (my character had medium merit) so we put her in a HIT mark because MAGE!
>>
>>52513671

It's a fair concern that a DM could use a love interest or romantic involvement to spur on something he wants, and no one really wants to go through that as more often than not said love interest dies in the process.
>>
File: 1389124124572.gif (349KB, 202x198px) Image search: [Google]
1389124124572.gif
349KB, 202x198px
So I'm trying to make a Mage 2e Legacy that's based on that storytime of a Life Archmage punting an Arch Demon into space, where you push past your body's limit and use all of its strength, which is enough to tear yourself in half.
This is my first Legacy and I understand that it might not seem good or appropriate for balance reasons, but I've decided to share with you guys for thoughts, criticisms, opinions and changes.
Also I can't think of what to add as the secondary arcanum for the fifth attainment. Anyways here it is so far:

(WIP)
Parentage: Thyrsus, Adamantine Arrow
Perquisite: Resolve 3, Medicine 2, Life 2
Primary Arcanum: Life
Initiation: To give the Mage an idea of what's waiting for them, the Mentor will have to deal intense amount of pain upon them for one solitary hour with no pauses, breaks or even a chance to draw breath. All damage inflicted will be immediately healed. If the Mage manages to go through this without asking to stop, they will be accepted.
Yantra: Going through an aerobic exercise (+2), relaxing and letting their bodies rest (+1), centering their own minds and alleviating stress in some way, (+2), preparing oneself mentally by dealing excruciating pain to their bodies (+1 or +2 if they also take 2 bashing damage).
Oblation: Healing other living creatures (not necessarily humans), protecting weaker creatures from harm or danger, enjoying a good meal and/or drink, working out in intense and dangerous circumstance (example: sparring with real, lethal weapons).

(1/?)
>>
So, as PC Echo Walkers are wont to do, ours is devoted to finding a better way to view the ones before. His idea involves "polishing" the soul of a sleepwalker or mage to transluscence so he can scry upon the ones before. It's temporary, of course, and doesn't do any harm.

I've decided I'll let it work, but there is a problem - it doesn't satisfy the addiction of "soul tipping" that Walkers have.

He's new to the legacy and can handle the withdrawal, but many older ones can't or won't. His mentor personally isn't that far gone, but as they go up the chain they discover that he's not the first one to find a "successful" alternative that doesn't satisfy the addiction. Worse, those who push the issue wind up dead of "mysterious causes."

I've always wanted to tell the story of the redemption of a left-handed legacy, and the Echo Walkers seem custom built for that.

Sure, the walker can handle withdrawal, but can he do it while his fellows are trying to kill him and manage to convince the Consillium and Assembly that his legacy is redeemable?
>>
File: 1397636280641.gif (2MB, 350x264px) Image search: [Google]
1397636280641.gif
2MB, 350x264px
>>52514644
>1st Attainment
As an instant action, the Mage tunes in to sense the life of ALL living beings around him, covering roughly the size of a shopping mall. However, he can only do this for a split second and afterwards suffers the blinded tilt (both his eyes) until his next turn, but he retains his defense if the attacker is a living being he sensed earlier.
Add Forces 1 - The Mage can also at same time (or separately) focus his hearing to pick up high and low frequency sounds that his ears shouldn't be able to sense. As an instant action he gains a bonus to all hearing-based perception checks equal to his dots in Forces. This effect lasts a scene.

>2nd Attainment
The Mage is forced to use less energy while bringing greater effect of their bodies. They are under constant effects of Body Control spell, with potency 2 (rising to 3 once the Mage gets Life 4).
Add Forces 2 - the Mage is also under the effect of Environmental Shield with potency equal to her dots in Forces.

>3rd Attainment
The signature power of this Legacy. As an instant action, the Mage emulates the effect of Hone the Form spell, only increasing their chosen attribute by dots equal to their Gnosis (exceeding the attribute limit) for one turn. The bonus dots can be allocated to one attribute or split evenly between two or all three (if the total number is odd, then add the last dot to strength). The cost of this however, is massive pain as the body is ripped apart and put together in an instant. For every action that requires the usage of your limbs in that turn, you gain either Arm Wrack or Leg Wrack (though you don't fall over if you suffer two Leg Wracks). At the beginning of your next turn your wounds heal and you lose the effects of the tilts, but you do not lose defense while in this state. Anything held by those hands and used as a weapon takes same amount of damage as the target did, potentially being destroyed by the incredible force.
>>
File: 1479090105321.gif (839KB, 509x271px) Image search: [Google]
1479090105321.gif
839KB, 509x271px
Add Forces 3 - for one split second you dash at dizzying speed. As an instant action the Mage stresses his legs and then moves or runs up to eight times their speed. While in this state the Mage is capable of avoiding obstacles as if he was moving or running at his regular speed.

>4th Attainment
The Mage centers themselves and finds peace within their mind and body. As an instant action the Mage heals aggravated damage equal to his dots in Life, or alternatively he can roll a resist check against any drugs, diseases, chemicals or other foreign bodies in his body, with a bonus equal to his dots in Life as well.
Add Forces 4 - and from peace the Mage finds strength. Lightning bursts from their hands. The Mage forces his body to produce more energy than thought possible, augmenting his strikes with the power of lightning. As an instant action, for a scene the Mage can gather power into his hands to strike at his opponent, dealing extra bashing damage equal to a major electrical source (6B that ignore armor). This attainment can be used while grappling or holding unto an opponent, dealing damage only from this effect, but also stunning the opponent until they succeed in a Strength roll. And yes, this attainment can also turn the Mage into a human battery.

Also I'm sorry for any grammatical errors or spelling mistakes. I am not good at proof-reading.
>>
>>52513493
Sorta. Hunter the Vigil game, our characters started as somewhat experienced. My character had a fiance in his backstory who died. Then, much later a vampire came along and kept trying to get into his pants, though I'd hardly call it romance, she wanted him as a childe (this is what I get for having 2 dots in striking looks). However, recently my character did ask this girl he met out. Really hoping nothing kills her.
>>
File: 1464269692231.gif (3MB, 336x229px) Image search: [Google]
1464269692231.gif
3MB, 336x229px
>>52514805
>5th Attainment
At some point every practitioner of this Legacy is taught of the Adamant Hand techniques for this attainment specifically. As a reflexive action the Mage regenerates anything that has been cut off from him. This spell emulates Regeneration, however it is considered to be Potency 7, and instead of waiting minutes, the Mage has to wait seconds. The effects are lasting. But this power also puts incredible stress on the body of the Mage, they take lethal damage equal to the potency required to regenerate the missing limb, it also looks disfigured and as if it's incomplete despite its full functionality (like eyes without pupils, arms with patches of missing skin, etc.) and they suffer a personal tilt relating to that body part until their next turn, save the skin (blind for eyes, arm wrack for a hand or arm, stunned for brain or heart, etc). The Mage also retains their defense but cannot dodge while under this effect. The damage taken cannot fill the last health box, effectively killing them or throwing them to unconsciousness. Most Mages cast other healing spells when using this power to negate the damage, which is why practitioners of this Legacy all learn Adamant Hand in case of combat, despite whatever order they might be from.

Yeah so I can't think of the last secondary arcanum for this attainment. And I'd also like to hear others thoughts about this Legacy.
>>
>>52514831

>Then, much later a vampire came along and kept trying to get into his pants, though I'd hardly call it romance, she wanted him as a childe

How did that turn out?

>Really hoping nothing kills her.

You jinxed it.
>>
Benedictions are the coolest powers in the game, you can't prove me wrong.
>>
Since the Garou "Nation" is shit, which changing breeds can make interesting characters and stories?
>>
>>52514861
Well, the party managed to jump and stake her when after a month of constantly testing me, trying to sleep with me, and successfully feeding on me, she decided now was a good time for the embrace, and decided to take me out of the bar I was hiding out in. She got 3 steps out of the door when she was ganked, half due to honest surprise, half due to excellent rolls on our party's part.

> You jinxed it
I hope to hell not. Our characters are pretty seasoned at this point, if we've saved random bystanders from monsters, the least I can do is protect one smile.
>>
>>52514964
They're pretty great.
>>
>>52514644
What distinguishes this legacy from perfected adepts?
>>
>>52515025

Was the vampire a Daeva? I presume so, given that you mentioned your character's good looks beforehand.
>>
>>52515078
It gives you more power in return of damage or tilts.
>>
>>52515094
Out of character, I'm 100% sure she was, though in character we never got a definitive answer. She was also real good looking, and out of game I knew for a fact what she was hitting my character with was majesty.

The real nail in the coffin was when she started getting creepily lovey-dovey a bit after the second time she fed on my character.
>>
>>52515302

Yeah, that sounds like a Daeva. They got that curse that makes feeding from the same mortal more than once make for an emotional bond, similar to a blood bond.
>>
>>52515302
>>52515380

Oh and by the way, how the fuck did she get to feed from your Hunter two times?

Did the DM plan something more for you, if she happened to embrace you?
>>
>>52515414
Honestly, I'm not sure if he did. For some reason, she was taking her time with my character. Testing him, toying with him.

The first time she fed on him was during a hunt against something else, she surprised my character and fed on him. The second time happened because she broke into my character's home and needed some blood. She told me either she could take a little from me to sate her, or she'd find some random innocent and drink them bone dry, she even had some random guy she dragged into the room with her. I had no clue she knew where I lived, so I was unarmed. Let her feed on me to save that guy.

After another week of messing with my character she decided he was worthy of the embrace, and tried to abduct him from that bar. I have no clue if the ST would still let me play if he'd successfully been embraced.
>>
>>52515572
>successfully been embraced.
But cancer cells are the best
>>
>>52515572

That's really fucking neat how the DM played it off.

By the way, what's Vigil like? I'm only vaguely familiar with Reckoning.

How does Vigil work? Is it just regular humans grouping up to combat the supernatural,rather than getting Imbued by Messengers or their equivalent in nWoD?
>>
I'm proud of my PC's first time playing awakening and they're already getting creative 3 sessions in.

The obrimos got knocked the fuck out after the train they were on got derailed and the acanthus and mastigos were dragging him out of the ruined station while they were trying to regroup with the rest of the party.

The trip through the sewers there was a severed electrical main swinging around randomly electrifying the way out.

The acanthus figured out the timing of the cable so the mastigos could use 'ground-eater' to barely make it to the junction box and shut it down.
>>
>>52515806
Mostly normal humans that due to various circumstances get together. There are groups that do get supernatural powers like for example Lucifuge who are said to be descendants of Demons and Cheiron Group that cut up monsters for parts and then insert those parts into their Hunters
>>
>>52515806
Vigil is more like Hunters Hunted than Hunter the Reckoning. There's no default powers, no messengers, Vigil is pretty much agnostic to everything, and that's great because of the different ways you can run it. At its most basic, the cell level, it is just regular humans combating the darkness with conviction and cunning. But there's a compact or conspiracy for about everything. Task Force Valkyrie gets hyper-advanced super weapons, the Malleus Malfecarium get Benedictions, which are like True Faith from oWoD. Vigil also has tactics, which are team actions your cell can do that greatly simplify otherwise very complex actions into simpler rolls with solid effects. You can definitely do more than one thing in Vigil. Generally my group sticks to cell-level, because it forces us to fight smart, and it makes the characters feel more human.

>>52515750
You say that until the now vamped Cell leader frenzies and drinks the team knowledge-bank dry. Although I think there's a tactic in the beast-hunter book designed to help monsters overcome their monstrous impulses...
>>
One of my PCs was married to a mortal, and their marriage was slowly falling apart, but the PC made pretty good efforts to keep it together until he left.
>>
>>52513493
To expand on OPs question what were some background NPC romances that players enjoyed watching play out?
>>
>>52515947
>>52516010

Guess I'll be reading Vigil after I'm done with Requiem stuff. Man, there's so much shit to read in nWoD.
>>
>>52513493
My Garou had a romance going on with one of her packmates that lasted for years. (I've been playing her for 13 years now). She'd argue it wasn't against the Litany because her lover was sterile, but that didn't keep the regular beatings from the Sept Elders away. Eventually they ended the sexual component of their relationship - In game, because his character was tortured to insanity, out of game, because he got a girlfriend and felt uncomfortable having an in-game romance.
>>
File: EasterSnake.jpg (123KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
EasterSnake.jpg
123KB, 1024x767px
>>52516010
>frenzies and drinks the team knowledge-bank dry.
I know Right, It's like the best
>>
>>52516386

Oh wow, you actually did the romance thing with someone who played with you? That's just asking for disaster most of the time.
>>
>>52515824
>obrimos got knocked the fuck out after the train they were on got derailed

Did your Obrimos underestimage?
>>
>>52516446
Well it still goes better than what I could imagine my players would do in that situation...

>Now childe now that you are a vampire you can see we are not mons...
>MUACHACHA I WILL BETRAY MY CELL MATES AND DRINK THEIR BLOOD OR TURN THEM INTO GHOULS
>I might have made a horrible mistake
>>
>>52516513
>Did your Obrimos underestimage

Maybe he "misunderestimaged" the situation.
>>
File: Mistake.jpg (46KB, 321x275px) Image search: [Google]
Mistake.jpg
46KB, 321x275px
>>52516543
>horrible mistake
>THE BEST MISTAKE
>>
Two PCs tried romancing people they ghouled. One got killed before it could really spiral out of control. The other started to go nuts and co-dependent until her domitor died. Then she got pissed and turned hunter.
>>
>>52516386
>13 year tabletop game

Holy shit, what?
>>
>>52516543
People with morals that loose don't deserve to take up the vigil.

Unless they're in the Ashwood Abbey. Fuck those guys.
>>
>>52516739
Thou this could lead into a funny game when player tries to betray rest of the cell, cell thinks he is controlled by vampire, vampire tries to stop player from betraying the cell and use him to convince hunters to leave him alone
>>
>>52516698
I've had essentially the same gaming group since September of 2000. The only change was when one player's little sister joined for awhile in 2010ish, but left when she went to college.
>>
>>52517008
Is your sheet like completely maxed out?
>>
>>52517072
They probably haven't been playing the same game that entire time. You switch games as campaigns end and people get bored.
>>
>>52516513
Just unlucky. I was expecting them to just hangout until the Obrimos recovered but they were more proactive. Gave them extra beats.
>>
>>52517008
I get the same gaming GROUP, that's how our group is, a lot of us who rotate duties and small playgroups since 2004. I was just commenting on playing a character that long unless it's like a LARP. Unless you switch out and take breaks and go back and forth, so you haven't been playing that werewolf every week or two weeks for 13 years.
>>
>>52517110
>>52517110
Hence my quesiton, she stated in her post that she's been playing that character for 13 years, so I wanted clarification for myself.
>>
>>52517202
Never mind, I'm retarded.
>>
>>52517072
No. Not even close. The Storyteller is sparing with XP. Hell, my character is only rank 3 - mostly because of that aforementioned banging other Garou. We only play that campaign every other week, anyway, and usually not during summer or around xmas because folk are away. We have two campaigns going on at any given time, with different DMs, and we switch off which campaign we play each week. The Werewolf game is the only one that's run that long. Games with faster character progression, like D&D/Pathfinder usually run a year or two at best.
>>
>>52517072
It won't take that long. Hell, in my group people start running out of things to buy after 4-6 months of normal play.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12615932

My mage game is reaching the last act, and will probably be done by summer. What game do you think I should run next? Keep in mind that this poll is not binding, and I'll ultimately run whatever I feel like.
>>
>>52517219
Nah, you're cool.
>>
>>52517294
Why do you even have Beast there mate?
>>
>>52517408
I feel like I could do something interesting with it. It wouldn't be very close to canon, but I figured I might as well give it a chance.
>>
>>52517449
Guess that is fair. You have any idea for campaign in mind? I couldn't come up with anything for it.
>>
>>52517541
This time around I kind of want to do a more slice-of-lifey chronicle, though with an overarching plot. Think shows like Breaking Bad or Dexter, where there's a strong focus on the character's personal lives, but also things that happen.

For Beast I'm thinking that I'd focus on Beasts as monsters. Some revel in it, some deny it and try to live their lives as best they can, despite having to hurt people to live. How moral a Beast is generally impacts what kinds of heroes come after them; Beasts that try to be moral only get wackos, while those that revel in it get Heroes that are good guys.

The main conflicts would come from three places; The Beast community, which would be elaborated on, the other supernaturals who have mixed feelings on Beasts (getting rid of the 'everyone loves Beasts thing), and mortals and Heroes, who generally dislike Beasts but are willing to put up with the less bad ones.

I'm also thinking about setting it during a Dark Era, either the Reconstruction setting or a 'custom' one.
>>
File: absolutamente asqueroso.jpg (18KB, 288x415px) Image search: [Google]
absolutamente asqueroso.jpg
18KB, 288x415px
>>52517294
>Beast
>no Promethean
>no Geist

>nWoD
Confirmed shit GM.
>>
>>52517738
Sounds like a good idea to me. Myself I didn't try Dark Eras yet but I would love to one day run the prehistory/pangea one
>>
>>52518208
I just wasn't feeling Promethean 2e, and Giest 2e isn't out yet.
>>
>>52513493
Can you smoke weed in this game?
>>
I think I need to make Lanca Sanctum Bishop with Carthian revolutionary leanings as an antagonists for second "season" of my campaign. Anyone has experience building similar characters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-weG5Fq3tNQ
>>
>>52518987
>Playing games sober
What are you? 12?
>>
>>52518987
Absolutely not, the fun police will utterly annihilate you.
>>
>>52513493
>Uh... you don't get to bring Methuselahs
Don't worry, no charge for them
>And why would I want them?
They were sired by the antediluvian... the first vampire...
>...CAIN?
>>
>>52515002
Stargazers
Bast
Anansi if you want to be special snowflakes.
>>
>>52519892

>Ananasi

Remove Weaver
>>
How do people feel about the investigation mechanic in CoF? I'm running a series of one shots for different groups, all focused around the same place and time, and I'm really having a tough time not having a "concrete" villain. What are people experiences with this?
>>
>>52520291
Our Queen will take the Weaver's place in the Triat!
>>
>>52519892
>Stargazers
>Not part of the Nation
DELET THIS
>>
>>52520291
Rats are the answer.
>>
So, how much work do you guys normally put in to building your cities for your games? New ST here, not sure exactly how to go about it.
>>
>>52517294
Where the FUCK Is Awakening, you filthy fucking wretch?!
>>
>>52518987
Thyrsus and other Life mages are well known for their dank ass cannabis, anon.

Can vampires even partake?
>>
>>52521564
Can't Vamps imbibe through the blood of users?
Or is that just Masquerade thing?
>>
File: 967583472857.jpg (24KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
967583472857.jpg
24KB, 499x499px
>>52521564
>Can vampires even partake?
No they cannot. They will forever be normies.
>>
>>52521579
How the fuck would that even work?

Don't you dare say "magic".
>>
>>52517294
You going to be able to run this session then notanautomaton?
Not going to lie, we're keen to throw an odd 40+ moderate Rank Spirits and Goetia at this Scelestus toolbag.
I mean, you did just hand us a "you can cast any spell freely targetting the entire city" McGuffin on a plate.
>>
>>52521564
>Thyrsus and other Life mages are well known for their dank ass cannabis, anon.
>Can vampires even partake?

Vamps need to drink the blood of someone high to experience the effects.

I imagine if that Acanthus cabal-mate of the partook of the Thyrsus drugs, and the vampire drank from him, the vamp would have one hell of a trip.

Just don't drink from the Obrimos or Mastigos.
>>
>>52521720
>Vams need to drink the blood of someone high to experience the effects

Again, how the fuck would this even work?
>>
File: It's magic.jpg (82KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
It's magic.jpg
82KB, 720x479px
>>52521630
>>52521773
>>
>>52521773
How the fuck do you think Vampires work Anon?
BLOOD MAGIC.
Plus, chemicals are carried in the blood so really it's not that large a step to having something that drinks blood affected by stuff that's carried in it.
>>
>>52521773

The blood is infused with the drugs.

Vampires getting drunk by drinking from drunk victims has been a thing in both WOD and CofD since the beginning.

Don't get bogged down in the science when discussing undead blood-drinking monsters.
>>
>>52521773
Pretty easily?
Drink blood of intoxicated person, become intoxicated on whatever they were + the already addictive high of vitae
>>
>>52521533
I'm currently running Awakening, and don't want to run the same thing twice. Same reason that Demon isn't on there, that's what I ran last time.

>>52521655
I should, so long as I don't get sick again.
>>
gay vampires can't smoke the mary jane

deal with it
>>
So, what's everyone thinking about the Goblin Contract preview?
>>
>>52522166
It seems a bit extreme for what use to just be contracts with interesting drawbacks, but still seems like it could be interesting over all, just not with the contracts presented in the preview, which all seemed boring.
>>
>>52522188
I like how it opens up a lot of possible things dealing with the Hedge, but I agree that they hopyfully couldn't have previewed more boring Contracts.
>>
>>52522293
I do rather like the idea of being a permanent hedge denizen for abusing what equates to Hedge Gutter magic. I've played more than a few characters who would have ended up in that state.
>>
>>52522166
The example contracts are shit, the concept of becoming a Goblin is... Interesting. Especially how becoming a Goblin Queen puts the Huntsmen off their scent.

I can't put my finger on it, but something rubs me the wrong way about the Goblin Debt points. Perhaps I'll feel better about it if/when they put the section about Collectors back in.
>>
>>52513493
No, but a failed romance was the cornerstone of a Mage's awakening.
>>
>>52513493
No, but I had a PC in one of my games ruin his only relationship. In the final fucking session he tried to sell his true love to the Fae.
>>
>>52521481
I tend to base it off of an existing city then build out from there. My last game, I took the city of Stockton, CA, took it's history and made iti nto a more affluent, more successful city, due to the human founder's pact with a demon. I reskinned and expanded Stockton then, adding my own flourishes and such to it.

Otherwise, it depends on what splat(s) youu're running. This was for vampire so I built the major NPCs like Prince, Seneschal, Primogen and 1-3 mook/extra NPCs to expand upon later.
>>
File: 487586679275.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
487586679275.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
Is this the Chronicles of Fagness?
>>
>>52522824
Why is 'fag' associated with WoD on /tg/ ?
>>
>>52523244
Everything's somethingfag on this site, are you new?
>>
>>52523244
because 'cuck' is too offensive
>>
>>52523244
Because vampire is super gay.
>>
>>52523329
I bet you're an undercover vampfag
>>
>>52523244
'Chronicles of fagness' is an institution at this point. Lurk more.
>>
>>52523339
I can't say I'm a fan but I have, sadly, LARPed vampire more than once. They all fell apart due to people being fags.
>>
>>52523361
>LARPfag

I think we're done here.
>>
>>52523375
What's so bad about larpfags? They're not all Eurofags.
>>
File: xtclacedblood.jpg (43KB, 375x513px) Image search: [Google]
xtclacedblood.jpg
43KB, 375x513px
>>52521932
There's always raver blood
>>
I know this is gonna be blasphemy to the thread, but I wanna play Archmage

I wanna play some wide eyed new Imperial Master, thrown into a world he can barely comprehend and eager to get started comprehending. To pick a side in an eternal struggle of making one's work reality in the face of the Pax Arcana. To get embroiled within the politics of beings so near to incomprehensible that one can barely understand their motivations short of entering their mind and seeing the symbols of their goals for yourself. I want to lead a group of Mages to their own enlightenment, watching their struggles and successes from on high. I want to struggle to strike blows at the Exarchs, those cruel monoliths which hold people down in ignorance. I want to see the impossible paths across the Abyss and the souls who make it cross, be it for the first time or the second, and I want to congratulate them either way. I want to do the impossible for the world, so they may follow in my footsteps.
>>
>>52521932
have someone smoke it for you
>>
File: how 'bout no.gif (993KB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
how 'bout no.gif
993KB, 500x238px
>>52523494
>>
>>52523540
That's okay, you don't have to run it
>>
>>52523494
And I want to see 3 Ochemata dog-pile your ass and toss you into the Abyss.
>>
>>52523494
You don't become an Archmaster to uncover the hidden meanings and symbolic nature pertaining to the fundamental weave of reality and the retroactive sway it has over the Fallen.

You become an Archmaster to turn all vampires into lawn chairs and make it a Supernal Truth for all time.

Learn your shit.
>>
>>52523585
That's okay, you don't have to run it either
>>
>>52523585
Ochemata don't use lube.

Feel the burn.
>>
>>52523606
sounds rather petty to me
>>
>>52523626
>doesn't want to turn non-mages into furniture

Why even play Mage?
>>
>>52523648
because I have much more interesting power trips

Like reshaping an area's Spirit Courts into my servants to subtly change the daily lives of everyone in my area for the better
>>
>>52523626
>sounds rather petty to me
>Mage
>>
>>52523669
Booooooooring
>>
>>52523708
boring to you, interesting to me
>>
>>52523626
>mages and archmages
>not being petty, self-centered and cruel

Choose one
>>
>>52523329
>Because vampire is super gay.

Vampires are *fabulous*.

It's just a shame that CofD vampires don't sparkle...
>>
>>52524120

In Mage 2e, what Arcana would be needed to protect werewolves from the effects of silver (aggravated damage)?

Would Matter 2 Alchemist's Touch with the +2 Reach option be sufficient?
>>
File: down for the count.jpg (119KB, 1024x663px) Image search: [Google]
down for the count.jpg
119KB, 1024x663px
>>52524120
Fuck off Edward Cullen
>>
>>52524120
>It's just a shame that CofD vampires don't sparkle...
CofD Dudes of Legend when?
>>
>>52524168
Spirit 4 should be enough to temporarily rewrite their Bane into being, I don't know, a chocolate fudge sundae wielded by a Lithuanian dwarf?
>>
>>52523494
"I wanna be the very best, that no one ever was...., To catch splats is my real test, to wreck them is my cause.

I will travel cross the world (of darkness), searching far and wide, each Vamp or Wolf will bend the knee, to the power of my sign

ARCHMASTER!
It's up to me, it's supernal destiny
ARCHMASTER!
Oh, i've no true friends, and this world i will rend
ARCHMASTER!
I know what's true
The guardians are so screwed
Fuck with me and come unglued
ARCHMASTER!

Gonna fuck em all
ARCHMASTER!"
>>
>>52524793
Someone a while back did suggest making a legitimate Pokémon Template using Archmastery.

>Pokémon: The Capturing

It's how Archmages ~really~ settle disputes when violations of the Pax occur.
>>
File: 1241591060730.jpg (211KB, 650x800px) Image search: [Google]
1241591060730.jpg
211KB, 650x800px
>>52524183
>>
>>52524887

I already came up with a Hero who kind of did this to Beasts. To his mind, he wasn't killing them, just capturing them and getting new familiars as a result.
>>
File: 1258807804082.jpg (95KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1258807804082.jpg
95KB, 400x267px
>>52525028
>>
File: 1294575605262.jpg (495KB, 1280x1964px) Image search: [Google]
1294575605262.jpg
495KB, 1280x1964px
>>52525066
>>
File: 1294575705860.jpg (566KB, 1280x1964px) Image search: [Google]
1294575705860.jpg
566KB, 1280x1964px
>>52525087
>>
File: 1294575939781.jpg (633KB, 1280x1964px) Image search: [Google]
1294575939781.jpg
633KB, 1280x1964px
>>52525110
>>
>>52525028
>>52525066
>>52525087
>>52525110
>>52525124

Ironically, Blade wouldn't be able to touch a Twampire. The Author had a massive she-boner for Mary Sues. Annoying but true.
>>
Can someone post the pdf with updated legacies for 2e?
>>
>>52525282
I saved all those pictures, like, years apart from each other, but found them interesting for representing the sort of anti-twilight zeitgeist that existed (and still does today).
>>
>>52525282
Blade is practically a Hunter, leave it to the Mages to burn the shit out of Twilight.
>>
>>52525348
>Blade
>Hunter

So he's a shit Template then. Would get eaten by both Requiem and Masquerade.
>>
>>52525391
He's a Hunters Hunted hunter.

Meaning, "whatever the fuck kind of mortal or splat you want, who hunts vampires".

In his case he'd be some kind of ur-revenant/dhampir with impressive physical disciplines, massive resistance to any mind-control, day-walking, and a shitload of skills and attributes and merits (especially arsenal).
>>
>>52525348
Blade's a dhampir hunter. What that means mechanically is anyones guess.
>>
File: clickety clack get into my sack.jpg (74KB, 927x380px) Image search: [Google]
clickety clack get into my sack.jpg
74KB, 927x380px
>>52526180
Dhampir are a thing in oWoD. Basically halfway between thinbloods and revenants, but they can take certain merits and such to always detect (or at the higher level, see through) Obfuscate and such, as well as having a sort of spidey sense for vampires - which may or may not drive ones that don't know what they are crazy and homicidal against vamps since that's the only thing that stops the voices.
>>
File: 37.png (235KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
37.png
235KB, 350x500px
>>52523482
Second hand high you say?
>>
We need more "underestimaging" anecdotes!
>>
>>52526963
How about every Saturday morning cartoon villain ever?
>>
>>52525283
Got a request for the next one to write?

Also to the guy from the last thread:
1. I agree about the Blank Badges, I wouldn't personally have kept the Paradox reducing power, but I was mostly trying to update as faithfully as possible.
2. I disagree about the Echo Walkers. They're all fucked up. They're not morally gray, they punt people's souls out of alignment so they can glimpse something which probably doesn't exist because your own Soul was "stabilised" out of position. If you're not fucked up, you leave the Legacy once you initiate, they even acknowledge that in the official writeup. You've just got to shut up, or get killed.
>>
File: illegalsearchandseizure.jpg (49KB, 364x499px) Image search: [Google]
illegalsearchandseizure.jpg
49KB, 364x499px
>>52526914
Hey man be cool, you ain't 5-0 right?
>>
File: UTLErsm.jpg (592KB, 2282x1530px) Image search: [Google]
UTLErsm.jpg
592KB, 2282x1530px
>>52513493
What version of V:TM should I use? It looks like there are some differences between Revised, 20th, etc.
>>
>>52528692
Revised sucks. Go with V20.
>>
>>52528692
>What version of V:TM should I use?
Don't.
>>
>>52528732
>magefag hating on masquerade as is usual
>>
>>52528747
Requiem is better than masquerade
>>
>>52528769
>magefag tries to justify itself
>>
File: vamp tats.jpg (173KB, 563x1292px) Image search: [Google]
vamp tats.jpg
173KB, 563x1292px
>>52528692
>What version of V:TM should I use? It looks like there are some differences between Revised, 20th, etc.

V20 and Revised are pretty similar, but V20 fixes a lot of gameplay "bugs" so to speak.

Also, in the Revised edition, all sorts of metaplot are "canon". That is to say, the Week of Nightmares, the Ravnos clan getting reduced to about a hundred vampires, the Assamite schismatics joining the Camarilla, etcetera.

V20 on the other hand is metaplot agnostic. Meaning it leaves the decision to the individual Storyteller if they want to include this or that metaplot in their stories, as well as introducing more events and furthering the timeline past 2004 (Revised never went beyond the year 2004, if I recall correctly), including stuff like the Great Recession and the financial crisis of 2007-2008.

V20 also includes a fair amount of new bloodlines and such, especially in the Dark Ages era.

In short, V20 is basically Revised 2.0.
>>
>>52515572
Dude I hope you have more of a story to tell.
>>
>>52528769

They both stink.

Vampfagging has been acceptable since 1997.
>>
>>52528769
By virtue of not having to deal with the fucking retarded meta-plot.
>>
File: west virginia man.png (197KB, 344x308px) Image search: [Google]
west virginia man.png
197KB, 344x308px
>>52528769
Wrong. Requiem is pure shit. Oversimplified, no real tension or meaning to metaplot or even personal advancement, no overpowered enemies to keep you in check (and eventually overcome or manipulate), dumbed-down clans, enforced emo shit.

Masquerade's metaplot fuckery is quite easily fixed by the GM - it's easier to break something down than build it up. Requiem basically gives the players jack shit to do in terms of anything unique to the system.

Requiem is shit, and you're not even trying to justify your opinion. Because you can't.
>>
>>52529846
However if you don't want inbuilt apocalyptic tension, metaplot, overpowered enemies, or needless complexity... It's pretty good.

It's better for smaller scale stuff, with weaker starting characters.
>>
>>52515572
This is great story mate but more of the question is would you still want to play your character after embrace? Because this has a lot of plot potential. Your would be sire sounds kinda crazy thou
>>
>>52529962
I don't get "not overpowered enemies". Average elder can still slap you into yesterday
>>
>>52529982
There's a vast gulf between an Elder (who is powerful, and rightfully so), and a lot of the overpowered assbags in oWoD.
>>
>>52530031
But from the players perspective in VtM does it matter if he gets bitchslapped by 7th gen elder or 4th gen Methuselah? He is not getting up anyway.

I guess the problem is we don't have rules for high end vamps in Requiem but so far I've been improvising with my super-elder prince and it worked well in game but that is my experience.
>>
>>52530089
>don't have rules
High Potency and stats + lots of devotions. That wasn't so hard
>>
>>52530140
Well no shit mate. I was talking about disciplines above 5th dot
>>
>>52530089
It's kinda like a sleeping bear and a hurricane.

You can avoid the bear by learning where it lives, and if you go and start shit, you only have yourself to blame.

With the hurricane, you had no choice in the matter, it's going to wreck everything, perhaps for no reason, and almost certainly not because of anything you did.

I prefer games with sleeping bears to one where it's always fucking hurricane season.
>>
>>52530166
Things above five dots were a mistake for all systems, especially if they were to be used for player characters.
>>
>>52530186
Well bear comparison is kinda apt. Still sometimes in games you need to poke the fuckin bear for whatever reason's
>>
>>52530209
In owod only vamps and mages got them am I right?
In CofD they seem to be moving away from dots in newer games(Demon and Beast)
>>
>>52530248
Also Changeling, tiered contacts are all but gone.
>>
>>52530290
Hope they will stick with that for Geist and Deviant. Deviant I guess could be made out of Merits alone like minor templates from Hurt Locker
>>
>>52530166
Devotions can mimic a lot of old world 6+dot powers
>>
>>52530325
That is true I guess. Devotions seem like a middle ground between old system and the one they are implementing in newer games. Guess they were testing the waters
>>
>>52530372
2ed Disciplines were about giving the vamp the power and then increasing the effectiveness / strength of that ability.

Devotions are like tangential development and for tricks that don't fit perfectly in the other discipline applications. But could reasonably not broke the game. Like the Summon ablity of Mas is it's own side devotion
>>
>>52530325
Not really. The one given example of a Methuselah (Zagreus, I believe his name was?) in Requiem produced a Devotion comparable to 4 - 5 dots of Fate. Hardly something noticeable in the grander scheme of things, and hardly 6+ dot territory.
>>
>>52529033
There's been other hunts, lots more stories, but suffice to say, that vampire is dead and gone. I can storytime the full thing if you all want.

>>52529966
If she'd embraced my character I definitely would have, though it'd run the risk of being too focal on him, plus the power boost might make the other players feel useless. Plus there's the fact almost nobody manages to be high humanity, hero vampire. Especially with a domineering, psychotic sire.
>>
>>52530523
Remeber Zagreus was written for 1ed in with was much lower in power level than 2ed. Overall Zagreus was preety wimpy for Methuselah but he gets props for designing devotions out of boredom
>>
>>52530523
If Zagreus is anything to go by, it's a good indicator of how much damage an Acanthus / Fate Mage could potentially bring down upon Kindred society/politics. Arguably more dangerous than even Obrimos / Moros.
>>
>>52530563
That's not much of an excuse, really. You can't even compare Methuselahs at this current time.
>>
>>52530543
For me the biggest problem in such situation would be the fact that you would be forcibly split from the rest of your cell.

Also
<gib story
>>
>>52530588

Well, we'll soon see what Methuselahs are capable of with the impending release of A Thousand Years of Night.

However, Rose indicated that it will be more of a chronicle book dealing with matters like running flashbacks than a big book of kewl powers. She also explicitly mentioned it will not be the equivalent of Imperial Mysteries for Vampire.
>>
>>52530570
Fate is arguably something that can cause most damage to anyone.
Fireball you can defend against. Bad luck for 1000 years not so much.
>>
>>52530614
I'm mostly afraid it will be like Secrets of the Covenants with loads of story and such instead of actual book talking about subject at hand like Imperial Mysteries
>>
>>52530614
I don't think any gameline other than Awakening will ever receive a god-template, to be honest.

It also makes the most sense for Mage, anyway.
>>
>>52530677
Imperial Mysteries was required for Mage because it also talked about how Realms work and other important world details that you can use even in normal mage games.

That is not something that you need all that much in other games thou some ancient vampire secrets to dig up in VtR would be tasty
>>
My mage is a highschool student who does compensated dating with no sez. Is it an act of hubris to use mind magic to make my dates think they had sex with me so I get more cash while keeping my virginity?
>>
>>52530904
Using Mind to sex another person is akin to rape, depending.

But this isn't rape. So, I guess your mage is just a total fucking bitch.
>>
Newbie anon here again. So if I'm reading Requiem stuff right, no matter how big the blood potency for your sire is, you as a new vampire always start with just one. And said potency increases with age? But at what rate? Is there some kind of universal rule, some timetable? Like 1 point of potency per 50-60 years? Does it increase depending on how often and how much you feed?
>>
File: 51Z1YB8GABL.jpg (38KB, 350x475px) Image search: [Google]
51Z1YB8GABL.jpg
38KB, 350x475px
>>52513493
>dat feel when our ST hinted that he may be using Midnight Circus in our next game

I don't want to spoil myself for specifics, but should I be afraid?
>>
>>52529846
>Wrong. Requiem is pure shit. Oversimplified, no real tension or meaning to metaplot or even personal advancement, no overpowered enemies to keep you in check (and eventually overcome or manipulate), dumbed-down clans, enforced emo shit.

Holy fuck, people like you still exist? It's been over a decade.
>>
File: Gurahl_forms.png (591KB, 725x471px) Image search: [Google]
Gurahl_forms.png
591KB, 725x471px
>>52515002
Pretty much any of them, but you'll need to pull shit out of your ass to make it work for some more exotic ones. I think Gurahl would make for an interesting contrast seeing as they're guardians and not warriors like werewolves, but still can work in general scenarios.
>>
File: SHIEET.jpg (24KB, 480x178px) Image search: [Google]
SHIEET.jpg
24KB, 480x178px
>>52530677

Wuz the Black Striders Kangz?
>>
>>52530982
Well in compensated dating, sex nets you the most cash and gifts. My character doesnt want to be sexual with salary men twice her age so the moment they hit yhe love hotel she created the illusion of her for her date to fuck.
>>
File: Cirque.jpg (292KB, 1400x958px) Image search: [Google]
Cirque.jpg
292KB, 1400x958px
>>52531102
Circus vampires? I always thought that a circus would make for a great crossover setting, not just exclusive to the Kindred. Gypsy vampires, a fortune telling mage, changeling clowns and a werewolf ringmaster, etc. It could really work.

They also wouldn't be at each other's throats constantly.
>>
>>52531079
On average 50 years. Could wary between vamps(some take longer, some do it faster)
>>
>>52531186
Watch Carnivale mate. Only two season but worth it
>>
>>52531220
Can't. I refuse to watch anything that's been cancelled. I get angry when bad things happen to good shows.

I know all too much about it though.
>>
>>52531238
Knowing doesn't do you much with Carnivale because the entire appeal is to experience. It's actually strange how such a surreal show ever got approved.
>>
>>52531254
Yeah one has to see it. Also for good acting and solid production values
>>
>>52531186
>Gypsy vampire
>Fortune teller mage
>Changeling clown
>Werewolf ringmaster
>Sin Eater ???????

Shame Prometheans are naturally hated, they would have been perfect too.
>>
>>52531339
If other supers had a way to dump disquiet travelling circus like this would be a perfect for Promethean. Maybe some kind of "disquiet rod" that would redirect it at area they just left?
>>
>>52531384
Not counting Archmastery, mages can't remove Disquiet, but they can make themselves and others immune to it.

So yes, a promethean would be fine as long as the fortune-teller is sufficiently proficient.
>>
>>52531418
Mages sure can solve a lot of splat specific issues. I think this is one of the many reasons why people hate them when it comes to crossover.
>>
>>52531339
Sin-Eater Magician, Promethean Strongman, Demon cashier and accountant.
>>
>>52531514
Alongside a fortune teller, I would think a mage would be the magician. I could see a Sin Eater being a medium instead.
>>
>>52531490
>tension? difficulty?
>nah don't worry bro a mage solved it last year
>solved what
>everything
Yeah basically.
>>
>>52531607
I have to wonder how many of the mageposters are actually in games or if they're just theory crafters.
>>
Playing Mage 2e, complete newbie. I'm having a hard time understanding the Fate arcanum. What can a 3 Fate mage do? Could I derail a train by putting a penny on the tracks? Can I curse someone to inadventertenly do something I want by a long series of strange coincidental events? How do I mess up a foe other than in direct combat?
>>
>>52531646
>just theory crafters
Given that this is /tg/, there's probably maybe 4 people in this thread who've ever actually played a sessions.
>>
>>52531713
Somehow, I severely doubt that. Somehow.
>>
>>52531646
You don't need to theorize anything to acknowledge the truth of things.
>>
>>52531646
Isn't Awakening all about theory crafting?
>>
>>52531955
Fanboy: theorycrafting
>>
File: wrong tent paisano.jpg (333KB, 2048x1059px) Image search: [Google]
wrong tent paisano.jpg
333KB, 2048x1059px
>>52531102
>but should I be afraid?

In a sense that it's a pretty high end scenario where you can die/writer your soul away/whatever relatively easily unless you pay attention. Also, Jabs and Barbs are an outstanding system with how the circus is trying to do their shit. In essence >>52531186 got a lot of it right because it's one of those "purposefully made for crossover" cases and mixed parties are, in fact, recommended so you can deal with most of the challenges.
>>
>>52531955
I don't think so... I always ran it as being almost like call of cthulhu with magic and some political fuckery between the 5 Orders.

>>52531752
I'm not saying mages aren't strong, just that you're horrible players
>>
>>52531220
Alternatively you can play through CarnEvil in like half an hour.
>>
Anyone else here got into WoD because of a girl they wanted to bang? I swear, I didn't even plan on playing shit all with her group of friends, but fucking hell, Masquerade was kind of neat and I really liked the Tzimisce (surprisingly, I was the only one out of the whole group, the rest were Nossie, Ravnos, Gangrel and Torrie, fucking hilarious), so I got pulled into this whole mess. Of course, that was back in the early 2000s.
>>
>>52532365
>just that you're horrible players

That's a very bold assumption to make. The problem here is that mages can casually solve a good many splat specific issues, which is an entirely valid acknowledgement to make.

All of this would refer back to the ST, who is really at fault for not evening things out. Don't blame the players when it comes to crossover.
>>
>>52532530
I mean, not that guy, and I've nothing against mage players per say, but I'd rather chew my own arm off than be in a game with half the people in these threads.
>>
So Im going to start a Mage Chronicle where PCs are a bit stronger.

Attributes 6/5/4
Skills 14/10/7
Merits 15
Gnosis 3
Arcana 9
-Must have 5-7 in Ruling Arcana
-At least 1 in each Ruling Arcana
-Only 1 Arcana can have 4 dots
-No more than 4 in one Arcana
-No more than 1 in inferior Arcana
Rotes 5
Praxis 3

Primary enemies are Abyssal Gulmoths and Acamoths. What Rank should I throw at them?
>>
>>52532698
This is 4chan, anon. Rarely will anyone want to play with anyone.
>>
>>52532758
3-4 sounds good to me, with Rank 5 for true bastards.
>>
>>52533123
For someone who has limited knowledge of Mage. Do Abyssal beings rank differently on power level scale compared to normal spirit? Say Rank 3 abyssal vs Rank 3 spirit of Communal Busstops?
>>
>>52527586

Here's "that guy" checking in.

1. I would have kept it, but not allow them use it as "free reach."

2. I prefer it the other way around. I like the idea that non-scelesti left-handed legacies are dealing with real possibilities rather than pursuing a lie, just in the most fucked up manner possible.

Except the Tremere, They're full of shit.

My vote for next legacy is either Transhuman Engineers or Fangs of Mara (Legacies: The Sublime).

>>52530523
>>52530614

I believe that if Zagreus gets any more powerful he's going to get a visit "initiating" him into the Pax Arcana.
>>
>>52532698
Well yeah, that's the solution. Mage by itself is a game with an extremely high ceiling. It's not its fault, or the players, but it doesn't give it prestige either.

It'd be liking exalted players getting off on how overpowered their game is. It's only an issue here for crossover games, and those have plenty of issues as it is,
>>
>>52533298

Exalted does have advice on making it work though.
>>
>>52533194
Exactly the same.
>>
>>52531490
And a faction of those people that hate it, usually vampfags come here to rage and get picked on by magefags.

Still, vampfags ain't quite as pathetic as magefags that get off on their fictional character archetype beating another fictional character archetype.
>>
>>52533288
>I believe that if Zagreus gets any more powerful he's going to get a visit "initiating" him into the Pax Arcana.

You're delusional
>>
>>52515002
Gurhal are my personal favorites, although I somewhat dislike the prominence of the "noble savage" aspect. I get it that many of them are one-with-nature Native Americans and they never believe in material possessions, but it's just kinda... I dunno, it's meh. I want huge ass hairy werebear CEOs in tailored suits glowering at the Pentex executive shitting himself on the other side of the table, I want a castle in Scotland ruled by a clan of werebear aristocrats, I want to play harder on the "King Arthur was a bear" aspect. Hell, I want proper werebear ecoterrorists with machineguns and missile launchers instead of just tomahawks.

Corax are also pretty awesome.
>>
>>52533288
I kinda like the Tremere(CofD ones obviously). Why do you dislike them?
>>
>>52529962
Point taken, but who would run a short-term vamp game?

>>52531120
>yfw I only picked this up in 2014
>>
>>52533551

I don't but I prefer that they be wrong.
>>
>>52533592
I see.

Being mostly vtrfag I like them for the vampire in their backstory as it adds one more mystery to vampire setting.
>>
>>52533715

Because if they're right it ruins my theory that
a)the oracles are the watchtowers
b)a watchtower must be discovered by an archmaster to draw it down and make it present throughout history
c)any "future" watchtowers will work in the same way as the ones already existing

As to VTR i figure that any vampire that figures out breath-drinking is recovering the lost discipline of the "original" tremere, which can be used in a number of ways.
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/the-autumn-court-changeling-the-lost/

>Ethan Skemp returns to Changeling for 2e
>Original Court System upfront in core

Well, well, now.
>>
>>52533849
So you are saying there are more watchtowers that need to get unlocked? Or am I getting it wrong?

On Theban/VtR front I headcanoned him into my games as a sole vampire-mage who sent his ochemata-Angel Amoniel to give out blood magic to vamps as a poor mans substitute
>>
>>52534005

Basically, or someone needs to ascend as an oracle to make one. It's all pretty loose.
>>
>>52533926
>Ethan Skemp

Ok, interested now.
>>
File: Muthafugga.jpg (20KB, 400x338px) Image search: [Google]
Muthafugga.jpg
20KB, 400x338px
What would the Bruja and Black Striders do if they discovered they wuz not kangz n' shieet?
>>
>>52531418
An arch master of death can create a soul ex nihilo.
>>
>>52531651
Give me more specifics. The arcana are extremely broad in scope.
>>
>>52533354
I think it's that a lot of Vampire players think they're playing exalted/Jojo's bizarre adventure.

I'm a huge fan of Stoker's Dracula and the moral I took away was that for all his power and influence he was eventually defeated by a bunch of pissed off dudes with clubs, knives, stakes, torches, and a revolver.
>>
Newbie here again.

I noticed in Requiem that the writers tend to write about the player or generally vague characters with the female gender pronouns. It's not a big nuisance, but it kind of sticks out after the 50th time.
>>
>>52534980
Ok
>>
>>52534980
If you had to guess, would you say that this horrific error happens about 50% of the time? Close your blinds anon, I don't think you're ready to look outside right now.
>>
>>52535058
>>52535032

It's weird, they could just use a gender neutral pronoun, it's not like those don't exist.
>>
>>52535079
They actually don't in standard English.
Masculine pronouns are the only grammatically correct gender neutral pronouns available.
>>
>>52535079
I have no problem with using 'they' but if you write rules text it's actually preferable to pick pronouns that are unambiguously singular. It's a headache to look after usages that can be interpreted two ways in unforseen circumstances.
>>
>>52535119
You know this is wrong. There's no way you haven't been told at this point.
>>
>>52535119

Ah, I didn't know that. English isn't my first (or second) language.

>>52535137

Like I said, it's no big deal, really means nothing when you look at the big picture, but it's just me stumbling after stuff like this:

>At this first stage, come up with a rough idea of who you want to play. Who was she in life? What kind of vampire is she?

But maybe that's just because I never played a female character in my life, tabletop wise.
>>
>>52535150
>You know this is wrong
Anon, commonly used English != grammatically correct English.
In it, male pronouns are also gender neutral, a using pronouns such as "they" as gender neutral is flatly incorrect English. I was surprised too when I learned it, but college level English courses maintain standards.
>>
>>52535170

Things are changing, singular "they" is returning to favor in English journalistic style guides, but OPP uses the Chicago Style Guide if I recall correctly, which still currently forbids singular "they", asking the writer to pick a singular male or female pronoun, or rewrite the sentence to have no mention of gender at all. The latter isn't so great for rules and White Wolf started a tradition of using "she" and "her" a little more than "he" and "him", so here we are.
>>
>>52535196

Associated Press just cleared it for use, so that'll probably change by 2050, by my reckoning.
>>
Double checking. A ward can prevent teleportation too and from an area under it effect correct?
>>
Huh, the Touchstone thing sounds like it could bring a shitload of trouble. What if that person who is a vampire's Touchstone is suddenly threatened or just point blank disappears? Not killed, just vanishes.
>>
>>52535230
I seem to recall there being something of a shitstorm because masculine pronouns were being used for negative descriptions.
>>
>>52535369
You got a plothook for a story and a potential loss of humanity.
>>
>>52535369
That's the point. It helps keep them human, but it also makes them very vulnerable, as a result.
>>
>>52535369
Even as someone who doesn't prefer Requiem, I think Touchstones are great. It's a really good way to mechanics-ize a very key struggle for vampires and a mainstay of compelling vampire or humanity-struggle stories.
>>
>>52535413
>>52535397

Huh. So it's a plausible plot hook. I really like the spouse angle, that shit'd be really hard to pull off, but totally worth it if you could spin it right. The trick would be not to just do a fake murder scene and shit like that, but have them live together still, husband/wife feeding off the wife/husband., just yknow 'Honey, I don't get to choose what shift they give me at work". See the deterioration of their marriage, while coupled with the vampire spouse's obsession. Shit, I really wish I could DM worth a shit, but I know I can't (tried and failed miserably, too quick to railroad).

>>52535458

Yeah, I'm really digging the personal aspect of Requiem. Don't get me wrong, I fucking love the Jyhad, the neverending war, Masquerade, Sabbat, Camarilla, Tzimisce horror, Obtenebration and everything else that comes with oWoD, but Requiem just has this.... intimate? Is that the right word? It's just so up to you, so much more to you as a character, rather than some distant and vague threat of millennium old conspiracies and schemes.
>>
>The act of the Embrace is a willful action; Vitae alone is not enough to wake the victim, a sire must choose to commit the Embrace. This choice comes at the price of a Humanity dot.

What if you have really low humanity? Do you simply lack the urge to embrace a human? Would the Beast urge you to embrace someone, in order to get rid of humanity within you and thus reign supreme, or would it actually push you away in order to survive for a bit longer, even if under restraint?
>>
>>52533926
>http://theonyxpath.com/the-autumn-court-changeling-the-lost/
Too bad the writeup doesn't actually follow any of the 2e systems and is therefore garbage for actual usage.
>>
>>52535692
Low humanity/0humanity vampire embracing someone will create something called Larvae with is sorta vampire-zombie(same thing happens if you spend a point instead of dot of willpower while embracing)
>>
>>52530543
I'd love to hear others stories.
>>
>>52533389

Motherfucker can rewrite history. I think that puts him in a position where he either has or is close to a seat at the big boy's table.
>>
>>52536137
>>52536137
>Can rewrite the history of the world that most people in the Pax never existed in anyway.
Doesn't sound like a big deal. It sounds like less than time Mastery.
>>
>>52535379
It was mostly nonsense. They used she a tad more often than he, enough to be a statistical spider, and then a bunch of neck-beards that are overly-sensitive to things of this nature got offended, and claimed that the writers were being sexist.
>>
>>52536375

>Statistical Spider

The most terrifying kind of Cryptid
>>
>>52530599
>>52536068

Sorry for the late response, was sleeping. I'm real happy to see enthusiasm for Hunter on these threads.

I'm gonna be busy for the next few hours, but then I can storytime what happened. Since it was admittedly a long game, I'll just give the highlights reel.
>>
>>52513493
Kinda. Lots of games I play in feature romance in one form or another.
A hunter in one of them plays kind of like and old innocent/Redeemer treating the monsters like actual humans and trying to help. Over the course of the game he's made a few genuine friends, with one or two of them having feelings a bit more. One girl in particular he basically saved from an abusive hellhole that probably would have lead to suicide.
In another game a rank 4-5 spirit fell in love with a human. Still not sure how this is going to play out.
>>
File: 198049793.jpg (239KB, 2400x1875px) Image search: [Google]
198049793.jpg
239KB, 2400x1875px
Where's the best place to find concept art for WoD?
>>
>>52518208
No 2e Geist, and Geist 1e needs a cartload of rules patches to work. Even the errata doesn't fix things, just turns vague, uninterpretably broken mechanics into different vague, uninterpretably broken mechanics.

As for Promethean, I have no idea why someone would subject themselves to that. It's not a bad game, its just not a game with a narrative arc that complements the idea of it being played by normal people. There's one guy in my gaming group who I would consider that, yeah, I suppose if you had 5 of him, you would run Promethean for. I'd consider him very atypical of roleplayers.

>>52531651
In 2e, spells are very effects focused. Have a look at the start of the fate arcanum, and at the rules for creative thaumaturgy, and then try to think of a way to justify the effects that are available from an arcanum 3 spell taking effect in that instance. Particularly with something like Fate, trying to judge what you can do based off of the practices is a useless angle.

You can definitely curse someone to go do what you want. Derailing a train is probably beyond you, but shaking the shit out of everyone on board, yeah probably.

Never take fall damage, there's always a truck full of mattresses under the window, always a huge flock of birds swooping down on some bread crumbs over the pavement where you would have fell.

In direct combat, Fate is probably among the weakest in the game (unless you count combining it with other arcana), but its unparalleled at fucking people up out of combat. You can curse people to have shit constantly fall on them for lethal damage every minute, you can fate them to never manage to get inside a hospital, you can fate them to get poisoned after you do that, whatever. Acanthus are bonkers.

>>52533194
Same power level conventionally, although they tend to be harder for mages specifically to deal with since as an abyssal they are able to influence paradox etc.
>>
>>52537281

The books.

I'm just going through Requiem's stuff myself, taking bits and pieces of the stuff that I like.
>>
>>52537470
Man, I was getting into Promethean 2 as I was reading the book, not having played 1 or remembering much about it, then I get to that whole 'It's mandatory to decide your whole character arc before the game even starts, and you can't deviate from it' thing.

Christ, I have never been more utterly turned off an entire game by a single mechanic before in over twenty-five years of gaming.
>>
>>52537567
People constantly get excited about Promethean, but they are not people who have ever actually played Promethean, or even thought to a sufficient depth about what playing it properly would actually entail.
>>
>>52537716
Well, I mean, the whole 'journey to become human' was really sounding great, it was just the 'you have to pick the exact order of the whole journey before the game even starts' bit that got me.
>>
>>52537567
How does that even work?
>>
>>52537951
I don't know, I never wound up being able to get into a game to use the character I made up to that point.
>>
File: Covenant - Ordo Dracul 1.png (812KB, 499x1407px) Image search: [Google]
Covenant - Ordo Dracul 1.png
812KB, 499x1407px
Whatever happened to Bradstreet and Van Fleet? They too expensive for Onyx Path?
>>
>>52537567

what
>>
.>>52537567
Read the pilgrimage section.

Your not picking your whole arc out, your picking out the bare minimum. You must touch 2 simple, 2 complex refinements and 8-10 roles minimum. One of these is your starting refinement. You can do anything master any role but to attain new dawn you must have these 8 of 10 you pick.

If you don't like them TALK TO YOUR ST and you can work something out, your all reasonable adults.
>>
>>52538407
I get that, yes, talking to the ST is always the best option, it just seems to me that they're REALLY committed to you having the whole thing planned out, all the options for "if you don't like doing this..." are 'have your st do it for you!' 'have the other players pick for you!' 'pick from a hat'!, but all come down to 'yes, you need to have it filled out by the second session or so, at most.

It just seems really limiting and hidebound, rather than taking into account how the journey through a chronicle could affect how things turn out for your character, shunning improvisation or reaction to circumstance.

I mean, I'm not opposed to having a few firmly in mind, or having a broad idea to work with, it's just so...anathema to how I tend to play, to have it all planned out in advance, even if it's just "the bare minimum".

I'm really just saying I had a bad personal reaction to it, not even decrying it as obviously shit because I didn't like it, you know?
>>
File: pil-grum.png (412KB, 628x813px) Image search: [Google]
pil-grum.png
412KB, 628x813px
>>52538553
Shit, forgot my image
>>
>>52538339

Bradstreet's doing art for V20 stuff. It's not well-liked. Van Fleet is probably taking work that pays better, i.e. nothing any table top company could afford, let alone Onyx Path.
>>
File: 1387136502477.jpg (183KB, 1370x679px) Image search: [Google]
1387136502477.jpg
183KB, 1370x679px
So my mage is Life/Death (we're playing 2e but we choose our own ruling & inferior arcanum) and I was looking at some legacies. I'm fond of Perfected Adept since I'm the kind of guy who would go for Hotline Miami murder any day, but my character also has a mystical kind of side to him, not to mention the Legacy also requires you to put dots into Forces for the complete effect.

So which book should I look into about modifying Legacies exactly? I'm thinking of changing the secondary attainments to Death, in this order:
Soul Marks, Soul Armor, Devouring the Slain, Shadowflesh and Withering.

I might also change the fourth attainment of the PA to Promethean's, because that shit seems really useful.
>>
I have Hunters Hunted and I like it. How does it compare to Hunter: The Reckoning?
>>
>>52538625

>Bradstreet's doing art for V20

Really? Because the last time I looked at V20 it was photoshop shit. Which V20 books has Bradstreet worked on?
>>
>>52538881

Core, mostly. He's the one doing the photoshop stuff, though he had more material in some of the other splats. He's into photo manipulation now, I think.
>>
>>52538655
>So which book should I look into about modifying Legacies exactly?
The corebook, there isn't anything else in 2e at the moment. So just go ahead, clear it with your ST, and mind the Reach guidelines (could help for the clearing). Also, I would recommend thinking about how that change in secondary Arcanum changes the philosophy of your branch of the Legacy. Maybe your version of Perfected Adept is not as much about being better by being better, but also by dragging others down, or something like that.
>>
>>52538914

Wow. That's just... why the fuck did this happen? Is he just incapable of drawing anymore?
>>
>>52522587
I feel like i want the story attached to this
>>
>>52538655
2e core has rules about creating your own legacy. It's perfectly fine to make your own legacy that's a knock off of another's fluff.
>>
>>52534980
It's SJW thing. They feel the fact that it's grammatically correct to use male pronouns is part of "male privilege" so they try to oppose it by using the other one.

>>52536572
>spirit fell in love with a human
Spirit of what? Generally I imagine falling in love with spirit similarly to falling in love with piece of furniture.

>>52538655
What book is that Bruce Lee stuff from?
>>
>>52539504
>It's SJW thing. They feel the fact that it's grammatically correct to use male pronouns is part of "male privilege" so they try to oppose it by using the other one.

It's also not just a WoD/CofD thing; OPP does it in Exalted a lot too.
>>
>>52539504
Sounds like Demon Hunter X.
>>
What kind of damage would WW1 era chemical weaponry do to mortals/vampires?

I was thinking aggravated/lethal.
>>
>>52536137
>rewrite history
Ummmm, that's not what Dark Decree does.

Sorry, but you are delusional.
>>
So who else plays good guys who actually try to do good in their games?

Who else uses their supernatural powers as an excuse to be a superhero, even in small ways.

Anyone have stories about doing such?
>>
>>52541159
>good

You don't belong here.
>>
>>52541159
Hunters are supposed to be the good guys, but they're generally not supernatural per-se...

I think I once tried to play a good guy vampire. But that game was a disaster.
>>
>>52541217
>not being a good guy in a world of darkness
>>
>>52521630
There's an assamite in mexico city by night that smokes weed watered with blood.

>>52521579
And yes they can, just like any other blood.

The way it works is similar to a baby bird being fed by its mother; the human metabolizes the stuff and the vamp just drinks it
>>
>tfw we get 2 CTL2E open dev blogs in 5 days

I'm liking things a lot already
>>
>>52541345
I wish they actually had more real mechanics to them, the Goblin contract examples make the whole idea seem boring, and the Court preview doesn't even have real 2e rules for it that you could even play with. Its just a story that doesn't really seem to fit entirely into 2es rule scheme written by the guy who did 1e. And it has mentions of magics the autumn court does that will probably never get rules or be backed up by any other text.
>>
>>52534786
Well, can you blame them?

Yeah, it's billeted as a "storytelling game of personal horror", but then you've got scenarios like "walking after midnight" which is two fight scenes and a car/rooftop chase
>>
File: pepe wizard.gif (494KB, 387x305px) Image search: [Google]
pepe wizard.gif
494KB, 387x305px
Can't wait to discuss new ways to fuck over 2e changelings. I know I'm not the only one.

>Mage Supremacy
>>
>>52540725
Agg in owod, lethal with a condition/tilt in cofd
>>
>>52541449
Magefags are going to ruin everything when Changeling 2e comes out. I swear.

It's going to be like Christmas to them.
>>
>>52540951

then please, enlighten me, oh sperglord, as to what it actually does
>>
>>52534786
Yeah. If they are gonna play Jojo's Bizarre Adventure they should actually use the fansplat for it

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HoCgoLAnK2blvtrin4hFRK32LF2l4VbSZtnA6UxU84w/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>52541159

Try to, but it doesn't work out that way. Especially if you're playing hunters. To fight monsters, and have a hope of winning, normies have to do some really evil shit.
>>
>>52541449
>tfw your dick is so small you have to publically flaunt your personal preferences all over the fucking place
>>
>>52541513
>>52541449

I'm really looking forward to Signs of Sorcery, which will presumably provide additional mechanical advantages and options for mages to more universally screw over all other splats.

>no more underestimaging
>>
>>52541775
Good thing that theres literally no real reasons for any splat to cross paths so all this cockwaving you're doing is superfluous at best.
>>
File: Dark Decree.png (44KB, 334x208px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Decree.png
44KB, 334x208px
>>52541598
Have a shot at Night Horrors - Immortal Sinners.

Dark Decree explicitly cannot rewrite the past and its associated history. It's comparable to 4 dots in Fate.
>>
>>52541734
personally I choose to believe that the guy who keeps shitposting like that is trying to just give Mage a bad name.

But then again I did see a fucker try and say that Fate should be able to increase Mental Attributes, so its entirely possible that this guy is one of those rare tards. Just be thankful that these types of people don't get to play in games for very long.
>>
>>52541815

The CofD is busting at the seams with various supernaturals and their minions, to say nothing of the innumerable spirits, ghosts, and mystical beings various and sundry. While in you chronicle, they need not interact, it's foolish to state there's no setting reason for splats to cross paths, no less when dealing with a splat as knowledgeable, nosy and obsessive as mages.
>>
>>52541918
Unless the only splat in your Chronicle that is cannon is the one that the players are using
>>
>>52541466
CofD.

So lethal for both vampires and mortals with the appropriate conditions/tilts (blinded, confused, etc.)
>>
>>52541888
You think there's only one magefag?

I highly doubt that. They're like cockroaches.
>>
>>52541820
Even Methuselahs and their Devotions can't compare to Mages and the ten Arcana.

kek
>>
>>52542475
Fuck off with your arcanum bullshit cucklord
>>
File: so mean.gif (778KB, 400x331px) Image search: [Google]
so mean.gif
778KB, 400x331px
>>52542563
That's not very nice.
>>
>>52542439
Oh no, I know he's not the only magefag. I'm just saying that him and people like him are people who hate mage because they don't understand the game on a fluff or mechanical level and why the shit they try and do just doesn't work or requires way more XP than they have
>>
>>52542619
Cucklord
>>
>>52542709
I question even that. A lot of the shitposters here are actually knowledgeable and citation-happy. They flaunt because they know they're in the right.

It makes them far less excusable however, as they don't like to keep quiet.
>>
>>52542919
>>
>>52541466
I doubt it would do lethal to vampires. They're hardy as fuck, it's really hard to do lethal to them, particularly via gasses that, as I recall from my WWI history (may be lacking), all did their damage via harming the lungs and some damage to the esophagus/potentially the eyes or whatever.

They didn't have something like VX or whatever in WWI.
>>
>>52541159
Changelings can be the good guys. I mean, there are entire factions therein dedicated to protecting other changelings and humans from the True Fey, despite how deadly a task this might, just because it's the right thing to do.
>>
>>52531079
In 1e, you gain a point of BP every 50 years you're up and active, and lose one every 25 years you're asleep in torpor. Once you hit BP3, you can no longer feed from animals. Once you hit BP7, you can no longer feed from humans.
>>
>>52534980
It's actually just a writing thing; there's a portion of writing theory that treats the female pronouns as 'neutral' for the viewer. Other books do it too.
>>
>>52538971
>>52538971
HE was doing all the art for the new LARP version too, and it took him an extra year to do it all because of personal issues and depression. So likely he's taking the easy way.
>>
>>52541345
Yeah, it's almost like ACTUAL DEVELOPMENT and infromation is happening after Leftist Nazipuncher WAIFU IS RACIST David Hill left the company.
>>
>>52539504
>It's SJW thing.
Is it though? Because they mostly it do it like, half the time. And in a bunch of cases it makes some sense, as when referring to a "character".
>>
>>52542563
>>52542619

Wizards don't cry.
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.