[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me, /tg/. I am a social retard and need help dealing with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 5090_0.jpg (50KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
5090_0.jpg
50KB, 630x630px
Help me, /tg/. I am a social retard and need help dealing with one of my players.

He brought his girlfriend to the game, which is awesome. She's pretty cool. The problem is, he's playing her character more than she is. We're playing on roll20, and she doesn't even have her own account, they share his. She'll get on the mic and roleplay a little, but that's about it. In combat, he basically tells her what she should do, and she says, "Yeah, I do that." Coincidentally, a good chunk of the time, she ends up buffing her boyfriend's character.

They're both pretty good friends, and I like playing with them, I'd just actually like to, you know, play with both of them.

How do I handle this?
>>
Is it disrupting the game? No? Then I don't see the problem
>>
Try to get them separated somehow. In a dungeon, she's a cleric and he's a fighter right? Have something alluring to him that might not be for her char draw him in, and then wham, wall right between them. Oh no, it turns out the thing was a trap, and now he's in trouble and she has to work with the rest of the party to get him back to safety.
>>
>>52503611
Tell them what you just told us. Keep it calm and cool. Remember, it's just a game, nothing to get riled up over.
>>
>>52503611
Have a lot of NPCs hit on her character. Roleplay the whole process in needless detail during the sessions until she as a real person thinks you as the DM are actually hitting on her in plain sight of her bf.

Then see if she's either dtf or creeped out.

In either case, problem fucking solved man.
>>
>>52503611
Just politely ash him not to do that, maybe throw in something to the tune of "She'll probably have more fun if she gets to do things for herself instead of having her hand held constantly."
>>
>>52503901
If that skyline is what I think it is than that image has aged poorly
>>
>>52503901
lol
>>
>>52503965
It has "New York" in the filename, m8.
>>
>>52503611
Black Mage was the angstiest teenager. Yet, somehow, he was still a better guy than Red Mage, Thief, Monk AND Bard. Best guy was obviously Fighter, but nobody loved White Mage like Black Mage did. Will they ever find the indestructible armor in the Cave of No Return? Who knows... The series is dead...and
i need a hug
>>
>>52504291
Wtf are you on? BM sawed people's faces off and sacrificed children for no reason

RM was 10x better, and he doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as monk
>>
>>52504291
>Yet, somehow, he was still a better guy than Red Mage, Thief, Monk AND Bard.
You need to reread the series, because boy are you wrong. The only one that was 'more evil' than Black Mage was Thief, and that was only because his evil schemes would actually succeed from time to time.
>>
>>52504712
>>52504556
>BM was evil
you forgot to say you were trolling btw
>>
>>52503611
You could try talking to them about it. The group my friends play in worked essentially the same way. Although, he tried to get her to do her own thing, but she was very insistent on asking what he thought was best. It happens, I guess. Followers and not leaders and all that.
>>
>>52503901
Or maybe you could not be a stereotypical neckbeard.

Nah, I'm just kidding, you keep doing exactly what you're doing. Eventually all those sluts will realize what a nice guy you are and fuck you.
>>
>>52504979
Found the cuck.
>>
>>52503611
>Are you sure you want to do that?
in-game
and
>Hey man, I know you're trying to help your girlfriend get into the game, but I think you're basically playing for her. Aren't you worried she'll get bored if she doesn't get to do anything for herself?
out
and give her a personal quest of some sort where she has to make decisions.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.