[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A natural disaster hits >A legitimately natural disaster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>A natural disaster hits
>A legitimately natural disaster
>No one pissed off any gods, no villain is responsible, just bad luck and the forces of nature
>it's not even an omen of things to come

Remember when you could have an earthquake in a game without the PCs trying to find and kill the person responsible?
>>
only replying because the rock is the OP pic
>>
File: AngryReimu.png (184KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
AngryReimu.png
184KB, 567x437px
Yes, but still go and fuck that celestian's shit up anyways because fuck her shit.
>>
The story would be about the personal struggle and drama of the people involved. The earthquake would just be a setpiece or catalyst for the human narrative.
>>
>>52499444
Whenever there's a natural disaster in my setting people blame the elves.
Even the elves feel this is sensible.
>>
>>52499444
>implying real life "natural disasters" aren't the work of witches.

Gotta kill all the witches.
>>
>>52499444
>It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb.

Sometimes, shit happens just doesn't cut it my man. You want someone to blame, you NEED someone to blame.
You'd be surprised at how much "shit happens" isn't a valid defense in law. Even natural disasters might not let you avoid all responsability if dammages occur.
>>
>>52499501
>shit happens
>fuck up some gods because shit happened

Perfectly reasonable when your income's derived from the gods not fucking up upon their believer's request.
>>
>>52499582
FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME, GINGERS AREN'T WITCHES YOU STUPID FUCK
>>
>>52500025
But what about your mother?
>>
>>52499444
It's a world where all that Ancient Greek "there's a divine explanation for all inexplicable events" shit is true, why WOULDN'T the earthquakes be an angry god poking the earth? Seriously, given the standard fantasy setting give me one reason why looking out whoever's responsible for an earthquake isn't a rational reaction.
>>
>>52500025
Somebody being ginger isn't a clear indicator of witchdom, Anon. Not even being a female is. Anyone can be a witch.

The devil's crafty like that.
>>
>>52499444
>Remember when you could have an earthquake in a game without the PCs trying to find and kill the person responsible?

No. "Something totally beyond your control happened and there's nothing you can do about it" is a great plot for a movie or a book, but the point of a game is that your actions affect the result.
>>
>>52499652
>Reimu
>income
>>
>>52500115
"Atlas what the FUCK"
>"Oh shit sorry dude I had an itch"
>>
>>52501422
>cue epic quest to find a giant automatic backscratcher for Atlas.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.