[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently my D&D group broke up because of some stupid shit,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Kill me.jpg (80KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Kill me.jpg
80KB, 700x700px
Recently my D&D group broke up because of some stupid shit, and now I am struggling to find another group.

So, are there any tried & true ways/sites/anything that can be used to find a D&D group? I am having no luck whatsoever here.
>>
File: 1489998390848.png (50KB, 202x164px) Image search: [Google]
1489998390848.png
50KB, 202x164px
>>52489104
The answer is always the same; find friends, game with friends.

Some friends are sort of terrible at TTRPG etiquette (depending on what your sense of etiquette is) and that's OK--you should be having fun with these people regardless, if they were worth your friendship to begin with.

I discovered that /tg/'s GameFinder and Roll20 group-hunting led to some successful groups but ultimately there's some discomfort. It's more clinical than hanging with people you know.
>>
>>52489104
put up a poster at a real life game store and interview candidates.
>>
>>52489104
>Recently my D&D group broke up because of some stupid shit
You can't say this and not elaborate.
>>
why did your group break up
>>
>>52489104
Those are some pretty shitty dice. 1 and 6 not on opposite sides on a d6? How does that d4 even work.

Also, TELL THE STORY OP.
>>
>>52493055
I drew this is like a minute. Give me mercy.
>>52492241
>>52492872
Well, to keep it short, I had been arguing my friend in the group for about a month (I had known the guy for about 3 years). It was because of out-of-game shit, such as my shity attitude, and the money I owned him. This was because of the fact that I had just lost my house, and my dad who used to beat me when I was a kid started contacting me again, but fuck me, gotta' be nice amirite? This was normal arguing for a while, until at one of the sessions, I grabbed the dude's phone on accident to play some music, and he pushed me and then grabbed me. I thought it was my phone, so I just assumed he was finally pissed off enough at me to just attack me, so I clocked him in the jaw. This didn't go over so well with the group, and everyone sorta scattered as we fought. I eventually got him bleeding, so he took his phone and fucked off. And, unfortunately for me, the other members of the group are his best friend since he was like six, my girlfriend, and this asshole who showed up to a session every 2 months or so. Also, even though he's gay, he thought that "I don't deserve my girlfriend" and manipulated the bitch into leaving me. We had been dating for 5 years. Currently working on fucking up both of their careers and getting them harassed.

I want to fucking die
>>
>>52493862
Also, forgive my shitty grammar/spelling, I am a mobilefag at the moment.
>>
>>52493862
Have you tried talking to them instead of enacting a revenge scheme?
>>
>>52494020
Yeah, this happened about 2 months ago, and all contact with them has ended in hostility. It's hopeless at this point.
>>
>>52494027
Ouch. Okay, the drawn dice are forgiven. Sorry you've had a shitty time. Probably best you're out of the group to be honest.
I hope you get a group, OP. Game stores, gamefinder threads, Roll20, LFG reddits, I'm sure there were some sites set up for that like NearbyGamers, just Google around for some. Do places like RPG.net and Myth-Weavers do that sort of thing?
I hope you have other friends or can make some more.
>>
>>52494497
Thanks for the advice, Anon.

All I have now is my unemployed brother who is willing to play (fucker spends enough of my money, might as well pay me back in D&D), and I will try to find some people in my area to play.

If that doesn't work out, I will definitely try some of those sites or threads. Yet again, thank you kind Anon.
>>
>>52489104
>because of some stupid shit
What the fuck did you do now?
>>
>>52494579
The lamentations of the flame princess Grindhouse Referee book has a LOT about this stuff: http://www.rpgnow.com/product/148012/LotFP-Referee-Book-old-Grindhouse-Edition

it's free.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.