[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /tg/ how would you design a post apocalyptic setting and what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

Ok /tg/ how would you design a post apocalyptic setting and what system would you use to play it

also by post apocalyptic i want it to be more "borderlands,STALKER,and Mad Max like instead of Fallout or its kind
>>
>>52482053
Im Thinking of starting my players off as slaves in a frontier town or laborers in a prison.
as slaves they will be bought and during transport a raid will leave them with freedom and some guns
as prisoners they will have more time to grow and train as they must in order to escape so there's that as well
>>
File: TITLE.gif (117KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
TITLE.gif
117KB, 640x480px
>>52482053

I'd been thinking of running a Fallout game for a long while, and I figured I would run it with GURPS. Just the Basic Set and After the End supplement in heavy use. The supplement handy because it offers tips for streamlining combat so it's not a rollplaying game or a tactician simulator, as well as gives a more gamey set of rules for handling radiation, dealing with scavenging, hunting, and gathering, etc. It also has a bunch of templates so that making a campaign-relevant character is easy (because missing the Survival skill is pretty shitty).

I've thought about sprinkling some of the rules from Social Engineering, a book focused on rules for social encounters, seeing as Fallout is focused on that sort of thing. However that would be up to my player's actions: they could all want to play mercs for all I know.

The players will start in Arizona and the game will take place four years after Fallout New Vegas under the assumption that the NCR has taken control over the Hoover Dam and have continued to beat down the Legion into Arizona and beyond. I already have a map of the area the players will be in, some settlements jotted down and an idea of what the players will do for their first adventure. I just need fine details where they matter.
>>
If you are playing in person, at a table with friends, I strongly recommend doing yourselves. Set it in your town, or a nearby city that you all know.

>Bring out actual maps, draw on them
>Count supplies, make it worthwhile
>Use yourselves as characters
>You shoot guns? So does your character
>You have some useless skills? So does your character

It makes it real, engaging and engrossing and above all believable. Which is what you hope for in a post-apoc game. Depending on the system you use you grow, somewhat organically in characters you hope to be.

Pic related.
>>
>Not Twilight 2000 post apoc
>Not wanting to get cholera and shot by bolsheviks
Step up
>>
File: 600px-TWDS3E01_12.jpg (56KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
600px-TWDS3E01_12.jpg
56KB, 600x338px
Bamp
>>
>>52482053
>more "borderlands,STALKER,and Mad Max like instead of Fallout or its kind
So none of that rebuilding crap, just exploration and violence?
>>
Post-post-apoc. > post-apoc.

Discuss.
>>
File: hipsterfag.jpg (138KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
hipsterfag.jpg
138KB, 1280x853px
>>52489384
Post-post-apoc is like post-modern art, nobody likes it and . They only like it because it is more recent and they can exploit people around them.
>>
>>52482053
You might want to check out 'Mutant: Year Zero' for the simplicity of the mechanics even if you don't use the provided background and campaign.
>>
>>52482053
I've been messing with Fate Core to get what I want
>>
File: PoisonousAndEvilRubbish.jpg (51KB, 621x406px) Image search: [Google]
PoisonousAndEvilRubbish.jpg
51KB, 621x406px
>>52489942
> Rather deal with savages groveling in the refuse of the old world & eating thier own rape-babies for sustenance than the rise of new empires & people taking command of their own destinies once more.

>being this much of a pleb.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.