[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 371
Thread images: 61

File: 1491002008163.jpg (117KB, 732x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1491002008163.jpg
117KB, 732x1000px
Experiencing Sexual Pleasure With Bloodthirsters Edition

>resources
pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Old thread:
>>52467319
>>
File: Minotaurs.png (855KB, 580x830px) Image search: [Google]
Minotaurs.png
855KB, 580x830px
FUCK HASHUT

PRAISE THE ONE TRUE BULLGOD
>>
"As the Code is the basis of all Kharadron society, we also used it as the basis of their traits. Instead of getting a single trait like most other factions, you choose your army's interpretation of the Kharadron code from a trio of lists -giving you an Article, an Amendment and a Footnote-, which allows you to interpret the Code to your preferences. But if you want to theme your army around one of the major skyports, we created bespoke rules for them. To make up for their loss of flexibility of choosing your own interpretations, you get a small bonus -such as the traditionalists of Barak-Thryng being allowed a special artefact named the Grudgehammer, or the peerless aeronauts of Barak-Zilfin gaining bonuses to their skyvessels."

Customizable army-wide rules? This is just getting better and better!
>>
File: hesdeadinthemovie.jpg (8KB, 201x250px) Image search: [Google]
hesdeadinthemovie.jpg
8KB, 201x250px
I really like playing the "Bad Guys" of a setting and yet AoS is really lacking
Can't wait for Death to get some more love, or at least maybe a Slaanesh Battletome

>tfw played Alliance in WoW because even teenage me saw that the Horde weren't even a good faction
>>
>>52479628
>Can't wait for Death to get some more love
april fool!
>>
>>52479628

>unrelated wow talk followed by retarded faction bullshit

Try to keep it in your pants, autist.
>>
File: If you fight a fire it wins.jpg (831KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
If you fight a fire it wins.jpg
831KB, 1200x1600px
>>52479761
>anecdote to counter "le edgy kid"
>to a game which is pretty close to AoS
ok autist calm down
>>
>>52479809
>to a game which is pretty close to AoS
Are you fucking serious?
>>
File: future of europe.jpg (80KB, 960x954px) Image search: [Google]
future of europe.jpg
80KB, 960x954px
Ded thread
and yet GW doesn't give Death a new BT like the fanbase wants
>>
What helmeted heads would look best for a kitbashed vampire?
>>
>>52478584
Wait, models die automatically to a Mortal Wound? Guess I might start trying to trick people into a campaign of it with my Spiderfangs.
>>
>>52479908
>ridiculously shitty aesthetic
>half-assed lore that shits on an established setting over 20 years in the making
>notoriously bad balance that focused entirely upon one faction
>>
>>52479540
Will we have to wait for GHB2 for the point costs on these fucking things? Why the shit won't they just release point costs with new material, now that they're actually fixed the biggest problem with the game?
>>
>>52480553
>Why the shit won't they just release point costs with new material

Because they do? Are you even mad for a reason?
>>
>>52480531
>all your greentext assumption are far-fetched and wrong to justify your shitty comparison
lmao
>>
File: Groin Kikka is Da Best!.png (2MB, 1225x581px) Image search: [Google]
Groin Kikka is Da Best!.png
2MB, 1225x581px
Groin Kikka Here, playing around with some lists. What do you guys think of this? Thinking about maybe dropping the Black Ork Boss for a Wierdnob, to buff the unit of 10 brutes.

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (520)
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection

Orruk Warchanter (80)

Orruk Megaboss (140)
- Artefact: Battle Brew

Black Orc Big Boss (100)
- Deff Choppas

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- 2x Gore Choppa

10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)

10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)

5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppa

5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Gore Choppa

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 1980/2000
>>
>>52480531
>ridiculously shitty aesthetic
Opinion.
>half-assed lore that shits on an established setting over 20 years in the making
Fantasy was alo half-assed lore and then fleshed out over the years with the addition of new factions.
>notoriously bad balance that focused enitre upon one faction
You mean Ebay Kings who are going to get nerfed in GHB2? Or are you still butthurt that fantasy space marines became the posterboys and not fantasy imperial guard?
>>
Kairic acolytes

Their entry says some of them can take 'two-handed' cursed glaives, but the example models on the box have a guy with a glaive and shield, and he's even labelled as such.

Can they use glaive & shield or not?
>>
Anyone here playing as Greenskinz?
Should I get grots for archers?
Is Grot artillery viable?
How should my boar:infantry composition look like?
Looking to field alot of cavalry in a 1K points game.
>>
File: phx.png (180KB, 641x344px) Image search: [Google]
phx.png
180KB, 641x344px
How come, when I bought a box of AOS minis off the shelf at a GW store, it came with square bases and no round bases?
>>
>>52480849
GW is incompetent. Don't have the decency to change the bases their minis come with, or update the wars rolls on their own app.
>>
>>52480849

Not everything has been reboxed with round bases yet.
>>
>>52480876
>>52480910
Just write an email to GW to give you a free round base
>>
File: IMG_2713.jpg (124KB, 778x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2713.jpg
124KB, 778x1000px
So, exactly what am I not getting here? People keep going on how overpowered Bloodbound will be now with Bloodtithe, but all I am seeing is a selection of mediocre buffs tied to wiping out a lot of units.
It doesn't seem to help at all with the Bloodbound's garbage mobility and shitty shooting.

Khorgorath is pretty nice now, though.
>>
>>52480664
>Opinion.
Okay.
>Lore
Not even the faggot you were originally talking to, but just making the comparison for him. And look at that, you helped to finish the comparison. A company shitting over and retconning the established lore that'd been added on for 20 years previously for capeshit. Even if you actually like Age of Sigmar's lore and even if you hate the Old World, you cannot deny the direct comparison.
>Balance
Intention was really more on the studio's focus, moreso than purely over-powered things. Much like Metzen and Co put the Horde center stage because it's what pretty much all of the devs mained, you can't deny that Khorne and Stormcast get a lion's share of attention from the studio while other factions like Death are lucky for table scraps. Outside of mechanical balance, Games Workshop's focus is hilariously unbalanced.
>>
Is drycha as much of as much of a blender as she looks? Because she looks dead killy.
>>
>>52481027
Girlfriend has started winning more games with her on the board. If that helps.
>>
How worth it are the mantic skeles? I'd never be able to play my army at my GW, so I'm unsure if it's my best option
>>
>>52481027
>Is drycha as much of as much of a blender as she looks?
Yes
>>
>>52481021
What lore was retconned other than the End times everyone dies? All the old warhammer fluff is the history of AoS.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>52481020
I think it's mostly just the fact that the Blood Tithe is also generated by your own loses. You could potentially cheese by just tossing shit at your opponent for the pure sake of wasting time and getting butchered, and with shit like Crimson Rain, there are some really nice buffs. Crimson Rain is essentially a weak Chalice effect for every model on the board, or Murderlust helping a melee army actually work.

It's kind of pathetic that the 8 point reward is essentially worthless, since you'll have to pay reinforcement points for the daemon.

>>52481046
They're fuckin' great. You can't go wrong with Mantic's undead. Their skeletons are a great bunch of malicious Gothic rattle-me-bones and they actually fit perfectly aesthetically with the Wight King with Tomb Blade. You also get a lot of fun bits and bobs with them, from the classic skeleton crawling out of the earth, to a skeletal dog and more. They do have more expression than GW, if that's an issue. Bone Dawg in the back got his rapeface on.

Their Ghouls and Zombies are all equally great as well, and in the days of WHFB, it was pretty typical for any VC player to use nothing but Mantic for their core since GW's line are so hilariously out-dated and expensive. For Skeletons, it's 40 for $50, and Ghouls and Zombies are available in a deal at 60 for $65 along with a shitton of nice tombstones. Kings of War lets you do scenic units, so they're big on allowing you to build dioramas as well as individually based units.
>>
>>52481100
>all the old warhammer fluff is the history of AoS
I don't see it.
>>
>>52481163
Have you actually read the End Times and Age of Sigmar? It's explains very clearly.
>>
>>52481163
The new heroes that are alive hear stories of the heroes and adventures of the heroes of the old world but those adventures were something like 20 generations ago. End times and the age of prosperity under Sigmars alliance was ancient history long forgotten. When Sigmar sealed his gates that is near history.

But the events of Old World and all the established history are lore known to scholars of Tzeench, and the Celestial Realm. Your common person laboring under oppression of Chaos Lords is lucky to be able to count to 10 on their fingers. So we are seeing it pop up often. Since most of those old heroes died of old Age. There has been enough time away from the main dwarven culture for 2 whole new ones to arise on two different words adrift in 2 different winds of magic.
>>
>>52481246
Fucking Tzeentch.
>>
>>52481246
weren't the only ones who survived the end times the incarnates and archaeon?
>>
>>52481045
>>52481084

So she's worth taking?
>>
>>52481292
Malchior king of the dark elves survived and merged his soul with his dragon Seraphon becoming Malphion. Others did to with similar tricks, but few who weren't immortal, or gods survived this long due to just how long a time has passed since end times to now.
>>
>>52481367

Weren't a bunch of bunch of Sylvaneth basically carried over into new lore via seed pods?
>>
>>52481414
They are effectively immortal. So yes a lot of them did just have to regrow themselves kind of light the Elven life goddess had to in that book about her.
>>
>>52481126
And yet, the shields in your picture scream "KILL ME"
>>
File: 800px-Daemonettes.jpg (137KB, 800x486px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Daemonettes.jpg
137KB, 800x486px
>>52479540

>being gang-banged by eight Bloodthirsters

Can one reach for the stars and beyond?
>>
>>52481367
>Malchior king of the dark elves survived and merged his soul with his dragon Seraphon becoming Malphion
I'm not sure if this is some kind of especially ruthless trolling
>>
File: 1365030959340.jpg (80KB, 864x631px) Image search: [Google]
1365030959340.jpg
80KB, 864x631px
>>52479582

>bullgors don't get the Khorne keyword except for with one dodgy formation that has no points cost

Why don't they just squat beastmen already? Its clear they don't give a flying fuck about us.
>>
>>52481451
Just how some random fucker on the internet painted 'em. Your shields, your design.

>>52481475
Unfortunately, it's not.
>>
>>52480661
I've been questioning whether a maw-krusher is worth taking at all lately.
>>
>>52481486
Is it the paintjob that we're discussing? No, it's the models. And these shields are AWFUL. They're flat pieces of plastic. I can make exactly the same shields from plastic bottles.
>>
>>52481514
>shield
>flat piece of metal
Wow, almost like... A shield? You do realize that shields aren't usually covered in a bas relief of two dragons spit-roasting an ogre?
>>
>>52481484
speak for yourself, they love us.
>>
>>52481486
Chances are in the upcoming spotlighted updates with the shadow elves he will be back with a new model as the Army centerpiece. It will probably be huge like they've been.
>>
File: IMG_0899.png (96KB, 400x260px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0899.png
96KB, 400x260px
>>52481475
Literally nowhere in the fluff does it say that he fused with his dragon, someone just assumed he did based on the one picture we have of him in the first AoS book and then it became one of those unsauced memes like Brets being immune to gunpowder weapons. 2 years later people still try to claim it as fact, but can't bring up a shred of evidence
>>
>>52481514
Are you complaining that the shield looks too much like a shield and not a wrist-mounted, over-designed sculpture?
>>
>>52481646
We'll definitely be getting answers soon. When that nee book drops.
>>
>>52481565
>Wow, almost like... A shield?
Wow, I don't give a shit. I play a wargame about cool fantasy creatures, not historical reconstruction. I want my minis to look cool, realism can go to hell.

>>52481647
Yes, this is what I'm complaining about. If you like characterless primitive armour, the historical wargame thread is over there.
>>
>>52481565
Some autistes have gotten the majority of their understanding of medieval equipment from vidya and never actually waddled into a museum

99.999% of shields never had any relief. Anything with fancy design not painted on was generally ceremonial. And no, a shield-boss is not a relief lol

In the case of these minis, it looks like they went for historical-style gear over fantastical design and that they are meant to look like corpses raised from a military mass grave. It's all up to personal taste, some people prefer the new AoS mini design which tends to be covered in fancy designs and reliefs.
>>
>>52481646
>>52481486
You completely missed my pojnt.
>Malchior
>Malphion
I can't believe I have to spell it out.
>>
>>52481565
>>52481647
Your arguments are irrelevant because Mantic charges money for these uberlazy designs.
>>
>>52480509
1 wound models do.

All a mortal wound is is a normal wound that you can't use armor saves for
>>
>>52480694

Hmm... it seems like the equipment description was written for the Silver Tower models, and when the new kit came out they just added the new stuff without going back and changing the equipment description to suit the new models.
>>
>>52481783
>suggesting that fantasy armour should look like museum pieces
You're the autist mate
>>
>>52481126
Unless you are running nothing but Blodthirsters, Chariots and Khorgoraths Crimson Rains is fucking worthless.
>>
>>52481828
Read the last sentence of my post my dude
>>
>>52481020

The "move or charge in the hero phase" blood tithe is really, really good
>>
>>52481758
Unpaid disposable mooks, I mean the absolute definition of disposable fodder why the hell bother giving them good looking gear.

Why should fodder get better shields than grave guard?
>>
>>52481851
They don't have to be more fancy, make them more battered and decayed, but make them something other than a kinder egg shard.
>>
>>52481835

To be fair Khorgoraths are a lot less shit now that they're damage 2
>>
>>52481367
Seraphon, Malekith's dragon was dead (or nearly) before the warp rift swallowed the entire planet along with everyone on it.

No one (except the Slaan in their pyramid spaceships) got away in time to escape)

how anyone survived inside the warp and into the new world is never really explained very well.

its not like they ever explain how the warp rift closed and spit back out the core of the planet that Falcor found Sigmar clinging to.

they never really explain where the "mortal realm" came from either.
>>
File: IMG_0900.gif (883KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0900.gif
883KB, 500x269px
>>52481789
>everyone on tg has encyclopedic knowledge of capeshit tv shows and can understand your obscure reference
Yes, I too watched teen Titans, your "joke" or whatever it was supposed to be wasn't nearly as clever as you thought. doesn't change the fact that this false meme about malekith fusing with seraphon isn't supported by any evidence, yet still gets spread around here as if it's fact.
>>
>>52481924
I didn't watch teen titans and I don't know what the fuck you mean, sober up
>>
>tfw all older battletomes are getting updated

>fyreslayers, seraphon, clan pestilens, flesh-eater court, everchosen and ironjawz
What buffs do you want to see for these armies?
>>
>>52482016
>fyreslayers
New model line.
>>
>>52481897
You mean the exact ones my tin grave guard have?
>>
>>52481959
>implying anyone on a warhammer thread knows or gives a shit about Warcraft characters
Oh, you were referring to even more obscure Warcraft characters, my mistake for not having encyclopedic knowledge of every fantasy universe in existence. So yes, you do akshually have to spell it out because the only malchior even somewhat relevant is the character from teen titans. Still doesn't change anything I said in my post
>>
>>52481020
Here are the thoughts of a Bloodbound player that's been playing since the AoS base game was released.
>Bloody Exemplar
Not horrible. Using a second Command Ability can be powerful. However, using your one usage of Bloodtithe on that seems sorta dubious unless you have a plan. Still, not bad.
>Spelleater Curse
Magic-centric armies won't give a shit about a single guaranteed unbind, the rest will probably work without magic as well. Mostly worthless.
>Murderlust
Now we are getting somewhere. Speeding up the army is key, this does so for at least one unit. Charging in the enemy phase might be fun, as would be shuffling your own units out of the way before a big charge from the enemy.
>Crimson Rain
Okay-ish in a monster-mash army, fairly worthless for infantry armies. Might see some use when running Council of Blood with Skarbrand and his WoK buddy.
>Apoplectic Fury
Piling in and attacking again is pretty great. Cost is already running on the high side, but it's pretty potent.
>Brass Skull Meteor
Hahahaha, seriously? 6 fucking Tithe points for d3 mortal wounds? Really?
>Relentless Fury
If shit is going down the drain this can be your last hurrah. Army-wide is neat, the effect is neat, but things are probably looking dire if this seems attractive.
>Blood Pact
Functionally pointless. Ignore.
>>
>>52482052
I still have no clue what you keep babbling about, you shouldn't browse the internet when high
>>
File: comfy.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>52481466
how come people say diaz daemonettes look like anime girls?
>>
>>52482099
Well then fucking spell it out for me faggot because your obscure ass references can't even show up on the first page of a google search. And it still changes nothing about what I said
>>
>>52481924
>malekith fusing with seraphon

The fuck did this come from, anyway?
>>
>>52482099
>browsing through Patagonia dream catcher forums while completely sober
>getting into arguments about tranny dragon shadow elf men while not blazed off your ass
People actually do this shit? Fucking plebs
>>
>>52482137
I didn't reference anything, I have no idea why you're so sure that I did, just fucking stop posting already.
>>
>>52482215
>not referencing anything
>some obscure point I missed but you can't be assed to explain
Then what the fuck were you even talking about? Maybe you're the one who needs to lay off the sauce for a bit before you get back on the internet
>>
>>52480661
Definitely drop the Black Ork Boss for a Weirdnob, while he is not the most point-efficient wizard in Destruction, Mystic Shield could be invaluable on a unit of Brutes and he is one of your few models who is able to cause some mortal wounds.

>>52480767
Greenskinz are only the vanilla Orcs, and like half of their models are shit, including the overcosted Orruks (on foot) and their Shaman which is a joke for 140 points. Orruk Warbosses are basically the only good thing from the Greenskinz allegiance, with a banner they are great for buffing in mixed Destruction armies as their buffs affect everyone with the Orruk keyword and mounted on a Wyvern they are very efficient budget Behemoths.

Grots seem pretty good on the other hand. Gitmob Grots with bows in units of 40 are actually rather good archers (not as good as Savage Orruks with Kunnin cheese, but they are battleline and with Sneaky stabbing they become scary). Gitmobs with spears and shield are pretty underwhelming compared to Moonclan Grots though, who are our best tarpit unit if you add a Fanatic and Inspiring Presence.

Grot artillery is also pretty good, but you really have to take Spear Chukkaz and Doom Divers in pairs.

In 1000 points I'd take two infantry units as battleline. 40 man unit of Gitmob archers if you want actually viable archers, Moonclan if you want good tarpits (they can even tarpit in units of 20, but they get good at bigger numbers) or Savage Orruks are also a decent alternative (especially if you want to go MSU with your battleline) and they are propa' Orcs even if they forgot to take their pants in the morning. Two units of Boarboyz for flanking, Warboss on Wyvern because he is actually good and maybe another warboss on Boar or foot with the Great Waagh Banner for buffing. If you got points remaining, add Grot artillery and some wizards (Moonclan Shamans are awesome and really cheap).
>>
File: 1481828214720.jpg (153KB, 665x791px) Image search: [Google]
1481828214720.jpg
153KB, 665x791px
>>52482310
Thank you very much!
>>
Who else pick up the new White Dwarf today?
>>
>>52482440
Had it for a week already.
>>
>>52480553
Relax, they have the points posted in the back of the book, much like the CoT book does.
>>
File: lul.jpg (48KB, 299x510px) Image search: [Google]
lul.jpg
48KB, 299x510px
>>52481783
I guess those are the same people that unironically think that Fyreslayers looked "wicked badass." When I buy and field a horde of skeletons, I want those fuckers to look like decrepit soldiers who clawed their way up from an ancient battlefield, with molding rags over rusty mail and weathered plain shields. I neither want or expect bog-standard infantry to be holding ceremonial, artfully sculpted shields who link together to form a bas relief mural of the slaying of the Bloodhost of Khorne by the Savior Rattlebones the Third.

Then again, I guess people in these threads actually buy GW's new sculpts, so I should expect some people with shitty taste. Just amusing when people don't want their tarpits' shields to look like shields.

>>52481810
>implying over-designed CAD shit is worth money
>implying GW doesn't charge money for uber-outdated designs
>seriously, tell me these are worth almost $2 a model
>>
>>52482068

Reminder that Blades of Khorne have Slaves to Darkness and Khorne Daemons to pick from now in addition to the Bloodbound crap. This dramatically speeds up their army and gives them some decent ranged options.
>>
>>52482068
>>Bloody Exemplar
>Not horrible. Using a second Command Ability can be powerful. However, using your one usage of Bloodtithe on that seems sorta dubious unless you have a plan. Still, not bad.

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster is perfect for this. Stoke him, secrate him, watch him fly into the enemy. Or take a unit of Bloodcrushers or Bloodletters and send them barreling forward. This allows you to make use of their command abilities, or Chaos Lord command abilities, while still firing up your Mighty Lord of Khorne and etc. command abilities on the regular.

And ideally, you will be spamming Bloodreavers and Bloodletters anyway to have lots of cheap MSU infantry units to feed into your Blood Tithe. Back them up with a Warshrine and Bloodsecrator and they're rock solid.
>>
>Slavposter
>Triggered Dwarf
>Zombieposter

Any other aosg meme personalites I missed?
>>
File: IMG_3902.gif (216KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3902.gif
216KB, 200x150px
>>52482868
THE XYLOPHONES!!!!
>>
>>52482868
I post about Skellies a lot. Turned the last thread into a Death jerk cause of it.
>>
>>52482868
The guy that spergs out anytime anyone mentions elves
>>
>>52482868
the Mathfaggot, even if it's been weeks since he disappeared.
>>
>>52482798
True, that has been more or less always the case. Also, I don't give a flying fuck about daemons, so they don't do anything for me.
>>
>>52483007
He's still lurking around, was shitposting a few days ago
>>
>>52482868
Does square-base anon count?
>>
File: 1490062857163.jpg (84KB, 813x1375px) Image search: [Google]
1490062857163.jpg
84KB, 813x1375px
WHERE
ARE
THE
ELVES?!?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>Wake up
>No new Khorne models

Fucking why bros?
>>
>>52482868
I'm Renegade Freeguild / Spiderfangfag. I don't do much except shit on GW models and offer third-party models, though. Spiders growing, Perry Redcoats coming when I finish with my backlog of miniatures and terrain for other games.
>>
>>52483132
It's almost like we've known there weren't going to be any new models for LITERALLY WEEKS, PAY MORE ATTENTION
>>52483107
Elves aren't canon
>>
File: smug ranger going very fast.png (854KB, 832x560px) Image search: [Google]
smug ranger going very fast.png
854KB, 832x560px
>People aren't just waiting for the 40k Death Guard release that will, SHOULD, have new Zombie models
>>
>>52483019

That has not always been the case, as Bloodbound formations did not allow Slaves to Darkness. Now they can share the same Allegiance, formations, contribute to Blood Tithe, etc. That means Marauders, Knights, Chariots, mounted Chaos Lords, Hellcannon, Skullcannon, Bloodletters, Fleshhounds, Bloodthirsters.

If you don't want to use those that is your loss. A pure Khornate army can actually support each other and not get hamstrung by keyword bullshit.
>>
>>52483173
>waiting to pay even more money per model for the new models
>instead of just buying Mantic for cheap and great zombies
>>
>>52483226
>you assume everyone has access to non GW stores
I live in London so i kinda spoilt, but i know for a fact there are some anons here that only have GWs to play in
>>
>>52483218
>Hellcannon

We can use the Hellcannon with Khorne?
>>
>>52483285
And to that, I simply say
>lul Britbongs
>>
File: anglo pepe.jpg (529KB, 1107x900px) Image search: [Google]
anglo pepe.jpg
529KB, 1107x900px
>>52483379
>anon didn't have the luck to be born with this much BEADINESS
We're Tzeentch's chosen for a reason
>>
File: blade.jpg (94KB, 662x1000px) Image search: [Google]
blade.jpg
94KB, 662x1000px
>>52483218
You can use StD units in a Khorne army, but as we have already seen all Bloodbound units have now the Bloodbound keyword and the battalions rely on these, so if you use the big ones (and from what we know they are very good) you can't take StD in them.

>>52483332
No, you can't. Hellcannon can't be marked.
>>
>>52483403
The only thing I envy you Britbongs about is the seeming genetic ability of your old men to get jowls. I wish desperately for them in the future, but I know that given my location and heritage, I'm far more likely to just get a full head of white hair, an increased penchant for seersucker, and a habit of recreational lynching.
>>
File: perfidious.png (331KB, 1142x1038px) Image search: [Google]
perfidious.png
331KB, 1142x1038px
>>52483454
>and a habit of recreational lynching.
Then it's all good then fatboi
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-31-12-38-09.png (600KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-31-12-38-09.png
600KB, 1280x720px
>Skaven Gnawholes
>>52478437
>>52478274
>>52472397
>>52467220
>>52471444
>>52472080
>>52472638
>>
>>52481020
For that you've got the goretide: move d6'' on the hero phase, no ifs nor buts.
>>
File: IMG_1712.jpg (31KB, 239x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1712.jpg
31KB, 239x340px
>>52479582
FUCK YOUR SHIT, HASHUT FOR LIFE
>>
>>52483285

Are you spoiled? The only stores I know are Dark Sphere and Orcs Nest and Orcs Nest is more boardgames.
>>
>>52483566
Both of those are utterly based, and then you've got at least 2-3 GWs in the Greater London area
Not to mention the Meetup groups for Warhams/The Uni groups etc
>>
>>52483285
This is me. I've been talking on here for a couple days now about mantic skeles, but I've decided to go GW since I mostly just have GW to play at
>>
>>52483496
Skelefags are adorable. Skavenfags should be purged by fire.
>>
File: IMG_3899.gif (967KB, 365x198px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3899.gif
967KB, 365x198px
>>52483676
>tfw I play both skaven and skeles
>>
I like Skaven

I wish Clan Eshin got a battletome

I wish Clan Pestilens got an updated battletome!
>>
Too scared to paint my Blightkings because all I've been doing lately is washing Plaguebearers and Drones
>>
File: IMG_3912.jpg (160KB, 736x1030px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3912.jpg
160KB, 736x1030px
Hey skele bros, have this neat mobile wallpaper
>>
File: laughingsoutherngentleman.gif (479KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
laughingsoutherngentleman.gif
479KB, 500x300px
>>52483607
There's really that few options for you Britbongs? I thought you all were ridiculously obsessed with clubs where people pay to be able to play? Don't you have those, or >>52483566 the places that anon was talking about?

>>52483493
It ain't easy being a wealthy white landowner in the South. Oh wait, it is!
>>
File: IMG_0219.jpg (282KB, 1410x1026px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0219.jpg
282KB, 1410x1026px
>>52483706
Use Saint Duncan's guides
Here's mine
>>
>>52483720
I'm Canadian. Nuff said.
>>
>>52483714
me as the banner
>>
File: Skelly.png (107KB, 576x830px) Image search: [Google]
Skelly.png
107KB, 576x830px
>>52483676
>Skelefags are adorable.

Aww, thanks Anon. You're pretty cool for a non rattler.
>>
>>52483725
They look cool anon

I'm scared of painting skin I think
>>
File: IMG_0217.jpg (296KB, 1412x1042px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0217.jpg
296KB, 1412x1042px
>>52483749
Oh me too anon, i really hate any skin, hence most (99%) of my DE models are all helmeted
But you gotta practice

Best way is Primer > Rakarth in thin, multiple layers > Wash and if you're lazy - that's it
>>
How is the plot of Age of Sigmar? Is it shaping up nicely or is it just a shitty compilation of Matt Ward wet dreams?
>>
>>52483808
There's no mary sues in AoS, if that's what you're asking.
>>
File: 1295316880450.png (115KB, 262x274px) Image search: [Google]
1295316880450.png
115KB, 262x274px
>>52483841
>>
>>52483808
GW still fleshing out the setting.

Realms are now large as fuck and each one is the same size as the Old world for some reason.

Stomcasts jobbing to Ghouls
Alarielle is dead
Slaanesh still MIA.
>>
>>52483883
>Alarielle is dead
you wot?
>>
>>52483883
>GW still fleshing out the setting.
>Realms are now large as fuck and each one is the same size as the Old world for some reason.
>Stomcasts jobbing to Ghouls
>Alarielle is dead
>Slaanesh still MIA.

Is it actually fleshing out nicely ? I am wondering if it is worth getting into the lore as at first it did put me away, I love the gameplay tho.. Way better than what 8th edition used to be.
>>
>>52483914
Sure. Nagash's parts are my favourite.

You should read the books.
>>
>>52483951
Thanks, I will check them out then
>>
>>52483883
Wait, I thought each of the Mortal Realms was an infinite plane?
>>
>>52482967
I think it's in reaction to "elves when" having been asked every thread for a year now.
>>
>>52483914
It really isn't. It's about on average with modern Blizzard and other fantasy capeshit. Nothing that happens has any real consequence, the scale is fucked beyond the Realms are boundless, and there's nothing really holding shit together into any sort of focus.

There's a reason that even the new hack-and-slash that just entered development is set in the Old World. Which makes... Vermintide and its likely sequel, Total Warhammer and its expansions, Mordheim, and Man o' War, and now a brand new hack-and-slash all coming to the Old World. Sure, most of those were in development before AoS dropped, but even the new ones are now still focused on the Old World rather than the Mortal Realms.
>>
>>52482612
Yes, only the most intricate shield.
>>
>>52484120
>It really isn't. It's about on average with modern Blizzard and other fantasy capeshit. Nothing that happens has any real consequence, the scale is fucked beyond the Realms are boundless, and there's nothing really holding shit together into any sort of focus.

Literally nothing of this phrase it's true.
>>
>>52483883
Alarielle isn't dead you mong, she never was
>>
>>52483379
Farage doesn't believe in climate change.
>>
>>52484192
Only gullible liberals believe in climate change.
>>
>>52484120
Nothing you even say is true so go back to your shitty general old world fag
>>
2 more weeks until Overlords - the wait is too long!
>>
File: IMG_3917.jpg (3MB, 2932x4029px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3917.jpg
3MB, 2932x4029px
Triple spook

How should I get that reddish color on the necro and wight? I was considering using khorne red or screamer pink and then earthshade or crimson.
>>
>>52483173
but we've seen the models. They're just smelly looking cultists, not zombies
>>
>>52484209
The scientific community and most world governments aren't gullible liberals.
>>
>>52484209
>this
>>
>>52483883

Why would someone who has clearly not read anything of the setting speak up to someone who probably genuinely wanted a real answer?
>>
>>52482016
>want to say something
>don't know how each of these armies play

Fyreslayers, FEC and Ironjawz are melee armies, right? Give them buffs.

>Everchosen
More units and merge Slaves of Darkness with them.

>Seraphon
Meh. Just give them artefacts and command traits.

>Clan Pestilens
Beyond fucked. Will probably get merged with the Nurgle battletome.
>>
>>52484524
Pestilens aren't THAT bad. Just done use censers, use a big clawpack with 4 units of 20 monks and skrolk, a foulrain congregation, and an extra priest. Boom, exactly 2000 points that can hold its own.
>>
>>52483914
It is, and it's pretty good

The initial phase was Sigmars push back out into the mortal realms, shoving back the hordes of chaos and establishing footholds.

They now have civilisation in the realms again. Cities and stuff. Check out 'City of Secrets', it's really good. Everyone who was missing the human element in the first, superhuman-dominated phase, will love the new phase.

Humans doing human things, respectful but scared of their stormcast champions, cults infiltrating society and so on.
>>
>>52484781
>It is, and it's pretty good
>The initial phase was Sigmars push back out into the mortal realms, shoving back the hordes of chaos and establishing footholds.
>They now have civilisation in the realms again. Cities and stuff. Check out 'City of Secrets', it's really good. Everyone who was missing the human element in the first, superhuman-dominated phase, will love the new phase.
>Humans doing human things, respectful but scared of their stormcast champions, cults infiltrating society and so on.

Thanks, I will give it next week a try then, looks like it's not as bad as some people make it sound then
>>
>>52484460
Eh, I believe in climate change, but I don't really care much to actively work against it. It's quite likely we're already past the tipping point, and actually managing the entire world's environmental damage is a fool's errand. There's no real reason not to profit as much from the situation as we can, especially if we've already entered the event horizon.

Besides, for some fields, increased global conflicts, water scarcities, and extreme weather means business is booming.
>>
>>52484781

I actually find it very interesting that Stormcast interact with the rest of humanity more like the Inquisition than as space marines
>>
>>52483720
Gaming stores here are usually pretty small and only have a couple of tables. There are some larger ones we can play at, but for the most part we rely on community-run clubs. The entrance fee is to pay for renting a community hall or whatever to play in and to buy and maintain terrain for the club.

It works, it's not like we have to pay much, and most clubs have membership schemes which make it cheaper.
>>
>>52484840
Yeah, from their initial appearance I think most of us assumed they were all noblebright and heroic.

They are to a certain extent, but it turns out that rather than being driven by pure nobility and care for their fellow man, they're actually driven by hate and the thirst for vengeance against the forces that destroyed their homes, their worlds, and everything they ever knew and loved.
>>
>>52484460
Except that if you go back enought, basically every idea nowadays commonly accepted was heavily opposed by the scientific community. The scientific consensus is continuosly changed.

Ever noticed that some years ago climate change was called "global warming"? They changed the name when they realized that ops, the globe isn't actually warming. And even if we all agree that climate is changing, we don't have absolutely no reliable model of how.
>>
>>52484956
>They changed the name when they realized that ops, the globe isn't actually warming.

Yes, it is. It's just climate change because the warming of the globe will change climates differently. Some places will get colder, some warmer. All caused by the general warming of the Earth.
>>
>>52484998
If some places are getting colder then there is not a general warming you idiot. There may be at most an average warming, but it's still wrong because if the predictions they made ten years ago about the effect of what was then "global warming" where true then we'd have a lot of places currently submerged by the ocean.

99% of scientist agree on climate change is incredibly misleading. Yes, 99% of scientist agree on the fact that climate is changing. Almost no two scientist agree on everything else, like how it's changing, how it's gonna change in the future, what is the percentage of the change that is caused by human activities and so on.

If the scientific community can't agree on the fact that human activities contribute to the 90% of the climate change instead of the 5% why the fuck should you plan your activities based on that?
>>
>>52484906

Exactly.

Nobody can doubt they have good intentions but they are prone to going way too far in their methods for rooting out chaos. It works but you'll end up with a burning town with no free guild or collegiate arcanum
>>
>>52484956
>>52485248

Can you two expand a bit more on the wrong things Eternals do? I really thought they are just some noble good guys, but you two got me really interested in them
>>
>>52483841
>no mary sues
in a setting with Archaon... um, i hate to break it to you anon...
>>
>>52484836
That's an incredibility nihilistic way to view the world. If we're past the tipping point, lets invest in saving as many lives as we can so that hopefully some people survive, rather than spending more money scrapping the stuff already in place.
>>
>>52485287
A Mary Sue is an idealized and seemingly perfect fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through unrealistic abilities. Often this character is recognized as an author insert or wish-fulfillment.
>>
>>52485287
>gets his ass kicked by Shadow Aelves
>a fucking narrative match where Archaon gets harassed by grots riding giant spiders
>spits on the hornet rat for replacing slaanesh
>>
>>52485278

Not so much wrong but more like a knight Veritant will go full ordo hereticus after finding chaos in a city (by using his lantern of fuck evil) and will purge the shit out of everyone connected to those cultists.

The story that anon was referencing was when a Veritant found corruption in a city and ended up killing the entire Arcanum and Free guild to make sure there was no chaos left.

Suffice to say you don't want to live next door to someone who turns out to be a cultist, you may become collateral damage.
>>
>>52485191
>If some places are getting colder then there is not a general warming you idiot.

If the world gets hotter, shit like the gulf stream gets messed with.

That makes some areas colder because they aren't getting warmer currents.

Overall the Earth is warmer, while natural processes that keep places warmer than they should be geographically are disrupted and lead them to be colder than they currently are.
>>
>>52485403
What do you really mean it's that if some particular places gets hotter, shit like the gulf stream gets messed with and you have other places getting colder.

In other words, some places gets hotter, other places gets colder, and climate change.

Still different from "the world in its entirety gets hotter, which cause a melting of the ice caps and all the coastal areas get swallowed by the ocean" which it's was going paraded ten years ago.

The current theories are completely different from the theories of ten years ago. What make you think that this time they got them right?
>>
>>52485481
Because that's how it works. You take the facts that you have and find conclusions.

Then you test and refine those conclusions and see where it goes.

It's more accurate now than it was. And it'll probably keep changing.

Science isn't a one time and done thing.
>>
>>52485305
>an incredibly profitable way to view the world
Fixed. And exactly my point. Keep investing in the bandages, but don't even think about sealing the wound.
>>
>>52485534
That's exactly my point. But you don't base your political decision on a science that is still in a developing phase with no way to know how much they are near to being right. When climatologist will be able to predict the changing climate to at least some degree instead of wild speculations then it's the moment you base your decision on them.
>>
>>52485333
That actually sounds pretty cool, I like the sound of it
>>
>>52485675
People knew about this shit back in the 70s.

Oil companies buried it.
>>
>>52485693
Yeah, they can't predict nowadays how climate will change the next year, hell they can't even agree on a way to predict that, but people on the 70s were already predicting how climate would change fifty years later.

It seems to me that it's more a case like how scientist predicted oil reservers to end like five times until now.
>>
>>52485602
Why do you love profit so much at the expense of others?
>>
>>52485806
Because others are not me, and my profit is my own.

The fields that are entirely focused upon alleviating suffering do fantastically well when suffering is widespread. That's simply supply and demand. The fields that innovate solutions to droughts and famines see massive funding when such conditions are widespread. Those building innovative solutions to protecting coastlines and adapting architecture to flooding seas enjoy a windfall s their services become necessary. Emergency management and counter-terrorism spending grows as their services become needed to fight increasing extreme weather and global unrest.

Fast-food workers and office rats do nothing to combat these changes. They simply live among them. Are you really so naive to expect this work to come for free?
>>
>>52486026
Deathrattle and Skaven.
>>
File: 1491085661553.jpg (185KB, 754x847px) Image search: [Google]
1491085661553.jpg
185KB, 754x847px
Rate my general and his reasonable file size
>>
File: mfw square bases.jpg (15KB, 299x208px) Image search: [Google]
mfw square bases.jpg
15KB, 299x208px
>>
File: squaremarines.jpg (34KB, 960x453px) Image search: [Google]
squaremarines.jpg
34KB, 960x453px
>>52486223
Square bases are best.
>>
>>52486206
Pretty Square based, sempai.
>>
>>52486206
eh out of meh
>>
>>52486206
>square

you can contact gw to give you a round base for free
>>
>>52486262
True patrician tier
Hexagonal bases

average tier
Round bases

Peasant tier
Square bases
>>
Order armies look better on square bases
>>
>>52482068
>Blood pact
>Functionally pointless

It's worded to literally bypass Summoning rules. You literally get a free Khorne unit.
>>
>>52479540
Former WFB player here. Been getting back into warhammer by way of total war. Forgot how much i missed it. Thinking of buying the age of sigmar starting box - thoughts?
>>
>>52486334
Sigmarines are basically DEEP STRIKE MUHREENS and hold the line.

Bloodbound are sort of weak but good when stacking tactics.
>>
>>52486284
>>52486267
>>52486223
But if theyre not on square bases, how am I supposed to rank them up?
>>
>>52486365
You aren't. AoS is a skirmish game. Just because you have 150+ models on the board doesn't mean it's not a skirmish game. :^)
>>
>>52486334
Read through what's new and pick out what you like. Lot of BoneZone folks on here. I'm an Orderfag. Have fun with it, like you probably did when you used to play WHFB.
>>
>>52486284
Do they really?

do you need a receipt or something?
>>
>>52486306
Each time a unit is added to an army
during a battle, you must first subtract
the number of points the unit would
cost from your pool of reinforcement
points.

surely you're adding a unit to the army and therefore you need a pool to do it
>>
>>52483218
Nonsense. Batallions are still restricted to Bloodbound keywords.

>>52486306
Read that fucking rule again. It's worded the same as every other summoning shit. You set up a new unit - you pay for that unit with your points reserve.
>>
>>52486306
>I have no idea how the rules work.
>>
>>52486306
You still pay points. It's just a way for Khornate themed armies to summon without using sorcerors.
>>
>>52486306
>It's worded to literally bypass Summoning rules.
I guess that means that all summoning rules bypass summoning rules, then. Good to know, I'll go dig ub Nagash.
>>
>>52486334
If you want to play Stormcasts or Khorne Mortals, go for it.
>>
>>52479540
Post your dudes!
>>
>>52483786
you should really paint your base with brown before the texture effect. looks way more natural
>>
About to start painting two armies. Are there any recommend paint deals or brush packs to start out with? I've got a few colors lying around from painting Infinity minis, but not necessarily a wide variety of colors.
>>
>>52487078
Whats armies are you gonna paint?
>>
>>52484120
>Nothing that happens has any real consequence
When speaking about Fantasy, shorten it to
>Nothing happens
>>
Do people really care if you use square bases?
>>
>>52487225
No.
>>
File: warp overtaking me.png (562KB, 1269x857px) Image search: [Google]
warp overtaking me.png
562KB, 1269x857px
What's the best melee non mounted/behemoth leader?
>>
>>52487271
Megaboss

Chaos lord
>>
>>52487271
I heard good things about the fyreslayer berserker.
>>
>>52487271
Megaboss
>>
>>52479540
I want to run a Khorne Army that is nothing but Juggernauts. Is this viable?
>>
>>52487347
It doesn't matter if the general is good when the troops are such shit.
>>
>>52487396
How do you intend to know when the battletome isn't out yet?
>>
>>52487147
Spiderfang Grots at the moment, then British Redcoats in the future. I actually do have a decent amount of paint, but not all particularly applicable. Mostly painted PanO models and Ariadna for Infinity, so I have a shitton of blues and greys along with a trio of greens and browns. I think I might be good enough for the most part, but I certainly wouldn't turn down something along the lines of a "sample set" of sorts. The Redcoats can probably suffice with just this, but my Gobs I sort of planned on doing three schemes based on the three Arachnaroks I'll end up with: black/yellow spiders with red/yellow grots, green/yellow spiders with blue/yellow grots, and blue/black spiders with blue/yellow grots. The biggest thing I'm curious about are brushes of which I currently have zilcho.

>Reds
Mephiston Red, Blood Red
>Browns and Naturals
Bestial Brown, Khemri Brown, Cadian Fleshtown, VGC Khaki
>Grey and White
Administratum Grey, Dawnstone, Pallid Witch Flesh, VGC Ghost Grey and Dead White
>Blues
VGC Imperial Blue, Night Blue, Magic Blue, and Night Grey
>Greens
Snot Green, Scorpion Green, Castellan Green
>Randoms
Abbadon Black, Golden Yellow
>Metallics
Hashut Copper, Boltgun Metal, Tin Bitz, VGC Gold and Silver
>>
File: 01-01.jpg (237KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
01-01.jpg
237KB, 800x800px
>>52487271
>>
>>52487271
Whight king with axe
>>
>>52487431
Experience from other people that have used them in the past with the Brass Stampede formation?
Doubt they will change that much.

Also I hope your mother gets raped.
>>
So any rumors for the shadow elves apart from them going to next?
>>
File: IMG_1320.jpg (675KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1320.jpg
675KB, 960x720px
Ripperdactyls are really cool but I don't want to be afraid of the Rule of One so I'm making Terradons.
>>
>>52487396
Do it faggit. You're a poosy otherwise. A stanky poosy.
>>
>>52487539

Those models look amazing.

>>52487366
>>52487308

General consensus is the megaboss then? Is it because of his weapons or his stats? Like WHY is he so potent?
>>
>>52487572
Thanks I worked really hard on them.
>>
>>52487271
Wight King with Black Axe.
>>
>>52487271
Depends what it's fighting. If it's fighting something with 12 wounds or lower (the typical beastie), I'd guess it's the wight king with an axe for the potential Insta kill.
>>
While we're all talking about summoning and point cost shit--Does Morghur's ability (pick a friendly model, kill it, roll a d6, on a 4+ replace it with a Chaos Spawn) cost points for the Spawn? It specifically says "replaced" not "set up a new model".
>>
>>52487271
Grombrindal
>>
>>52487854
It's still a new unit that it wasn't in your army list at the start of the game.

You need to pay points.
>>
>>52487854
The only time that you don't need to pay for it is if it adds models to a unit that was already there.
Otherwise you have to pay.
>>
>>52481616
Christ I keep waiting for shadow elves to get back into tge game I hope they get released soon.
>>
File: 1490967221314.png (55KB, 1172x1416px) Image search: [Google]
1490967221314.png
55KB, 1172x1416px
>>52483403
>>52483493

Kek, it was worth coming in here for once.
>>
>>52482108
never heard a single person say that before, theyre just much nicer (and more detailed) sculpts than the current plastic ones
>>
Hey bone-bros, what should I go with (in general), black knights or hexwraiths? I'm using hexwraiths in my current bone zone xylophone list, but I'm just curious about my alternative.
>>
Is it just me, or is the Carmine dragon from forgeworld kindof shit?

I mean coruscating blast is hilariously subpar for a big scary dragon
>>
>>52488574
Hexwraiths are tougher, and have better attacks, they can fly and can cause mortal wounds, Hexwraiths are better units overall.

But Black Knights can return models with Standard Bearers, when Hexwraiths can't so they would be better in bigger units and might work out better in some cases.
>>
>>52487572

His statline and weapons are strong as fuck for his cost and with battlebrew he's getting 6 attacks hitting and wounding on 2's at 2 damage each
>>
>>52488603

Breath attacks outside of the magma dragon aren't usually why you take dragons in AoS

The carmine is really cheap for having rend -3 D6 damage claws and a decent bite plus on a decent roll his breath can put some wounds on characters
>>
>>52488701
But the black knight has 3+/3+ and potential to insta kill depending on how much damage he does.
>>
>>52488756
Wight King?
>>
>>52488756

Who?
>>
>>52488737
I don't have my ghb on me, how much is he?
>>
>>52488774
That. Sorry. Got a nasty head cold, so I'm not too fast right now.
>>
>>52488574
Hexwraits have a 4+ save that ignores rend 2 attacks base 4+ 3+ with rend. can fly and inflict mortal wounds on enemies they fly trough.

Black knights only have a 4+ save if the enemy does not have rend which becomes a 6+ if they have 1 rend. 1 attacks 4+ 4+ but wound on 3+ and do 1 extra damage when they charged the same turn.

So blackknights are only as good (damage-wise) on their charge (but lack the rend).
while Hexwraiths just have a better flat profile can fly and can dish out, although very unreliably, Mortal wounds

Unless you plan on having the unit the Blackknights charge Die right after they charged its probably better to pay the 40 points difference to play the Hexwraiths.

The black knights arent even good when they become Deathrattle-only Battleline as you already have one of the best (and most rattle) Battlelines in Skeleton warriors
>>
>>52488603
That's pretty typical for Forgeworld. They're stuff is often crazy fucking swingy. He's actually hilariously over-powered for the cost, and they just tossed on a shitty mechanic to 'balance' it.

>>52488574
Hexwraiths are better, but Black Knights are skeletons. The answer is simple.

>>52488756
...No, the Ax King does. Who is the Wight King that can't be mounted.

>>52488826
>>
>>52488756

Wight kings are baller but the megaboss will do over twice as much damage as a wight king in melee.

>>52488826

480. He's a pretty solid addition to any order army
>>
The gargantuan squigs are pretty fucking good
>>
>>52488837
Hmm. I guess I'm comparing it to the drakesworn templar which is only 500 pts, and so far I'm not impressed
>>
>>52488832
Although, you're forgetting about Durability, and possible buffs from that come from being Death Rattle.

Black Knights will always be a pain in the ass for other units to break through, and can be a fast tarpit against other units, thanks to them being two wounds, 4+ and d3 coming back every hero phase. They also benefit from any spells/command abilities that target Death Rattle.

Meanwhile, each Hex Wraith you lose, it's gone for good. They also lack any good synergy with the rest of your army, and have only a few battalions to play around with.

These aren't huge benefits, but they do help bump up the valubility of Black Knights.
>>
File: geologyisfrightening.jpg (1MB, 900x1336px) Image search: [Google]
geologyisfrightening.jpg
1MB, 900x1336px
>tfw nature makes the best spooky terrain
Whelp, that looks like some amazing inspiration for Realm of Fire terrain.
>>
>>52488912

Star drakes have a lot more rules but will do less damage in melee in exchange for having some good utility and support.

Templars specifically will struggle to do the same damage as a carmine dragon but have other abilities that make up for it.

Rend -3 and D6 damage makes carmine dragons unbelievably spikey especially if you can get them a hit buff
>>
>>52489009
All good points. Thanks man
>>
>>52486739

Thinking of doing Kharadron Overlords as spirits cursed to live in their armor forever because of plundering some lost tomb or something. Have them replenish troops by finding others who've spent the cursed loot or possible rebuilding fallen brothers so they can kinda "live again".

I'm thinking if anything their main goal is to find all the cursed loot and try and return to normal.
Haven't fleshed it out fully but it's a thought
>>
>>52489138
You mean, Pirates of the Carribean style undead? Because if so, look towards Curse of the Black Pearl, because thats badass.
>>
>>52489121

Don't let me put you off star drakes if you like them, I personally love my extremis chamber army. The two dragons just do very different jobs.
>>
>>52489182
This is 100% what I thought when I figured it out. Pirate of the Carribean featuring midgets as the main cast
>>
File: Stormcast+vs+Khorne+DPS_Finals.jpg (462KB, 1000x670px) Image search: [Google]
Stormcast+vs+Khorne+DPS_Finals.jpg
462KB, 1000x670px
What are the best Stormcast units to get? I have everything in the starter set, two additional Retributors, the Lord-Celestant on foot, the Lord-Castellent, the Knight-Questor, the winged knight (azuryos?) and a pack of grpyhounds so far.

What would be some good investments to go forward from here?
>>
File: Boom.gif (216KB, 384x208px) Image search: [Google]
Boom.gif
216KB, 384x208px
>>52489287
>Pirate of the Carribean featuring midgets as the main cast

Never forget.
>>
>>52489379

Consider how much shooting you want and whether you like judicators or raptors more

Then consider if you want cavalry like palladors and dracothian guard or more power infantry like Paladins

youve got a good spread of heroes, maybe consider a Veritant.

If you haven't built him yet, build the winged knight as a knight venator (the one with the bow), the one with the lantern is one of the few bad stormcast choices right now
>>
>>52489448

I like everything but I will say I think the Palladors look better than Dracothian guard, model-wise.
>>
>>52489492

Thats perfectly fair and palladors are quite good. If you think you could deal with having just a couple of dracothians, a minimum unit of concussors is good in any list.

Anyway for 2000 points you'll need another battleline unit so either more liberators or some judicators. Always go for bows on judicators and give the special bow to the prime since he hits on a 2+. The crossbows on judicators are just plain bad.

Units of 10+ liberators with a castellant and your Defender trait will have a 2+ armor save rerolling 1's, so you can make some serious bricks as well if that's your fancy.
>>
>>52489626

So a unit of Palladors, a unit of Dracothian, and a unit of Judicators? Got it.

Is the Star Drake any good?
>>
>>52479540

Cool, now I can have my Bloodletters, Bloodthirsters and my Bloodcrushers in my Council of Blood and be the bloodiest blood to have ever bled.
>>
>>52489626

How is the Lord Aquillor?
>>
>>52489746
You knew what you were signing up for. It's like being a Space Wolf and complaining about the wolves.
>>
>>52489772

but muh vikings qqqqqqq
>>
>>52483676
Id like to see you try
>>
I have to make a 750 point SCE army but no experience with those guys and it seems like an odd amount to use. Anyone got any ideas what would be good at small point levels?
>>
File: bangbang.png (707KB, 1020x746px) Image search: [Google]
bangbang.png
707KB, 1020x746px
>>52489873
>dies to massed handgun fire while weakly spurting warpfire
At least the skeletons are clean, furred filth.
>>
>>52489873
>only 3 miniatures
lol

>>52489948
Pro tip: liberators with hammers are objectively better than liberators with swords
>>
File: Skyre 2000.jpg (77KB, 318x419px) Image search: [Google]
Skyre 2000.jpg
77KB, 318x419px
r8 my 2000 dakkarat list
>>
>Can't decide between Dark elves or Death
I love the themes of both. Cruel, beautiful overlords who fight with tremendous skill while hordes of misshappen monsters help back them up.

Is there any Dark elf stuff coming up in the near future? They don't have any get started sets, while Death has no less than three last time I checked.
>>
>>52490012

Interesting. The 1d4chan tactics on them said that they were statistically the same so it didn't really matter.
>>
Is Aetherstrike Force with 12 Raptor squad the new meta?

>cant charge the raptors because birds get in the way
>cant kill birds because then the raptors shoot
>cant shoot raptors efficiently because 2x5 protectors mean you have -2 to hit them, castellant artifact makes you reroll hit6
>30" range easily outranges most mortal wound sources
>easily counters any melee army
>hard counter to beastclaw
>hard counter to seraphon
>counters necropolis knights
>counters highborne

How do you beat this shit
>>
>>52490069
The 1d4chan tactics also describe one of the strongest wizard heroes for it's cost (Moonclan Shaman) as "nothing special", so I'd take most things written there with a grain of salt.
>>
>>52490058
Go death, Anon. Let the rattling flow through you.
>>
Played the first two games of my Hinterlands campaign today. Holy shit, Ogres aren't something to take lightly.
>>
>>52490069
In basic usage, they are. But when using Bring Down the Tyrants, hammers are better.
>>
>>52490082

Use more terrain and AOE.
>>
>>52490134
Even with terrain it's hard to be out of LOS of a unit of 12 raptors

How does AOE help?
>>
>>52490054
>no jezzails, warlock engineer instead of arch warlock
kys

>Arch Warlock
>3 Stormfiends
>2 Warp Lightning Cannons
>4 Ratling Guns
>6 Jezzails
>>
>>52490105
>one of the strongest wizard heroes for it's cost
>grot shaman

wat
>>
File: 4 et.png (47KB, 565x528px) Image search: [Google]
4 et.png
47KB, 565x528px
>that list that uses 120 orruk arrow boys to fire 240d6 every turn

I hope no one on the planet actually owns 120 arrow boy models
>>
>>52490182
7 billion people, gotta be one or two.
>>
>>52490182
Ive seen a few people that have 120 orruks

None of them are painted

I have no idea why bonesplitterz are so popular, theyre very easy to counter
>>
File: 1490606616311.jpg (63KB, 450x479px) Image search: [Google]
1490606616311.jpg
63KB, 450x479px
>>52490144
>Jezzails

>When stormcast have better jezzails for cheaper
>>
>>52490082

So do you spam raptors now as SCE?
>>
>>52490215
>they have thing so I can't have thing
>>
>>52490215
>being this much of a faggot
I mean, it does prove that you are a Skaven player, but still. Bad form, reddit rat.
>>
>>52490218
I wouldnt say "spam" but you can build a really powerful list around them

It usually looks something like this:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Knight-Azyros (80)
Knight-Venator (120)
Knight-Heraldor (120)
Lord-Relictor (80)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
5 x Judicators (160)
5 x Liberators (100)
5 x Liberators (100)

Units
3 x Aetherwings (60)
3 x Aetherwings (60)
12 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (720)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (160)

Battalions
Aetherstrike Force (80)

Total: 2000/2000

Its a total meta crusher
>>
>>52488868
See, to me, it's not about damage, but kill potential.
>>
>>52490157
60 points
On a 2+ roll he gains +2 to his casting (on a one he won't do shit for a turn though)
Also has a rather good Mortal Wound causing spell.

Oh and he is cute. But that's true for most Goblins.
>>
Hey guys new to age of sigmar thinking of getting into lizard men. I noticed that every unit let's my slann summon it. Most unites summon on a 5. How do other armies beat the constan onslaught of newly summoned units? Also the engine of the god let's me summon any unit, what's from keeping me from summoning another engine of the gods and summoning even more engine of the god? 14 is only slightly above average on a 4D6 drop the lowest. Is there something I am missing that doesn't make these the most cheesey army ever?
>>
File: IMG_3843.gif (460KB, 390x336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3843.gif
460KB, 390x336px
It's night time. Order, chaos and destruction get out. It's the SPOOKIEST TIME OF DAY!!!!
>>
>>52490321
You have to set aside points for your summoning pool in matched play.
>>
>>52490321
Well, you only summon tiny units. You'll notice you only summon guys in units of like 5 or 10. Those are tiny and not very powerful. Saurus Warriors need to come in a giant block of like 40 models to make use of their abilities. Also your physical model count will limit you when playing IRL.
>>
File: Spooky.gif (497KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
Spooky.gif
497KB, 500x350px
>>52490328
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!

It's Skelly time!
>>
>>52490358
So summoning is completely worthless? What about the engine of the gods which isn't a spell, if I don't have points to spend do I just not get anything?
>>
>>52490390
Summoning is useful to have it so "Okay I'm building my army, but could spend my points in different ways for different situations."

But yeah, any way that creates new units requires point investment. However, things that add back models to an existing unit that took casualties does not count for this.
>>
>>52490390

>So summoning is completely worthless?

Summoning is Deep Striking from 40k, only you can still assault when you do it and this game isn't full of Riptide Wings with Interceptor.
>>
>>52490390
How did you go from "Wow summoning is OP" to "oh so summoning is worthless" just when someone said you had to set aside points for it when playing points games?
>>
>>52490284

I don't want to own that many Raptors.. but looks nasty regardless.
>>
File: IMG_3901.gif (966KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3901.gif
966KB, 500x271px
>>52490328
Rattle me bones, be it that time again?
>>
>>52490451
So you don't seem how limitless summoning is broken but summoning that has a very real limit sucks?
>>
>>52490390
The same is true for the Engine of Gods. Summoning is not entirely worthless, but it's more about versatility and putting chaff units on objectives etc.
>>
>>52490481
It's not worthless and it doesn't suck.

You can get a unit where you need it, when you need it.
>>
>>52490416
So engine of the god does nothing on a 14-15 if you do t have points set aside?
>>
>>52490493
As long as it is 15" from your slann but more than 9" from a enemy.
>>
On the topic of summoning, is it worth summoning K'Dai fireborn?
>>
>>52490498
Yup. Same with Khorne's final Blood Tithe ability, or the Bonesplitterz battalion where dead units would come back on a 6+.
As somebody who plays Ressurrectionists in Malifaux I find this a good thing, no inherently weaker units for their point costs because they can be summoned, and the games won't be a tedious slog either.
>>
>>52490512
And you succeed your roll and your opponent doesn't unbind it.

>>52490498
And the Ring of Immortality doesn't let your heroes come back unless you pay for them twice.
>>
>>52488988
> safety first! Wear your orange vest around the magma!
I hate current society. The fuck is the vest going to do?
> Oh yeah Bob THERE she is in the magma. I see her orange vest covered in molten rock
>>
File: Angry.gif (1MB, 375x212px) Image search: [Google]
Angry.gif
1MB, 375x212px
>>52490328
>>
>>52487225
Yes
>>
>>52490608
>being this retarded
>>
>>52490608
Are you actually this dumb?
>>
>Empire is a dying faction of degenerate central European inspired dregs
>World ends overwhelmed by degenerate evil hordes
>Empire died
>Eternal god hero builds a legion of superior giant men and women covered in lightning flash insignia to retake the world

GW confirmed eternal Anglo.
>>
File: skeleton.gif (866KB, 241x333px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton.gif
866KB, 241x333px
>>52490328
I heard we were having a meeting and came as soon as I could.
>>
>>52490082

It's strong like most shooting skew lists but suffers from the same lowish rend.

Any armor skew list will hard counter it but those aren't all that common in casual meta
>>
>>52490215

>cheaper

Raptors are 40 points more than jezzails
>>
>>52490862
>lowish rend
U wot m8

Longstrikes are rend-2. Judicators, Azyros, Heraldor, and Raptors all do mortal wounds.

This list has no problem beating saurus guard or sylvaneth, it's actually one of the best lists to deal with armor
>>
>>52490877
To be fair to the reddit rat, he might be referring the Blood Knight-esque pricing of the jezzails. Three of them for $52 is pretty fucking retarded.
>>
>>52490291

>kill potential

But the megaboss will kill any 4+ save 5 wound hero in one round of combat with a pretty healthy margin on average.
>>
>>52490772

>empire is a dying culture of degenerates

Wat

Modern Empire is as patrician of a culture as Rome, the refreshing thing going from 40k to fantasy was that the Empire wasn't a fucking nightmare to live in usually
>>
>>52490904

Whoops they totally are, I had thought they were rend -1.
>>
>>52491062
Lol you don't know your lore. The Empire soldiers don't even have shoes. Its population is full of lunatics, mutants and dregs.
The Empire is in a lot of ways worse than the Imperium its literally analogy to the worst periods in medieval Europe, mass ignorance death and disease.
>>
>>52491147
Some Empire soldiers don't have shoes.
>>
>>52482440

https://mega.nz/#!71J2wDDD!j_2cjedHAK6NsssdMAuGnvx_L5Mdsd0KxYAzvgoy8nU

"Pickup" White Dwarf today.
>>
>>52491180
Show me one Stormcast eternal missing his shoe.
>>
File: 100 percent legit.jpg (107KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
100 percent legit.jpg
107KB, 800x800px
>>52491213
>>
>>52491368
Flawless.
>>
File: IMG_3906.gif (537KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3906.gif
537KB, 500x281px
>>52490328
>>
>>52491147

That's exaggerated WHRPG fluff that got even more exaggerated on /tg/, a by product of the bretonnian grimderp remake.

once 7th edition hit the empire wasn't all that much worse from the actual Holy Roman Empire.
>>
>>52491147

Note I said modern empire, not early 2000s empire.

Karl Franz also used to be an incompetent sickly old man before he became a superhero.
>>
>>52491565
I miss those days.
>>
>>52491574

I don't. The super grim dark phase was really god damn repetitive and made Bretonnia not make any sense as a society.

As a longtime fan I frankly enjoy the tone of the total war game more than the tone of WHRPG
>>
>>52491525
No it fucking isn't its straight from the WFB rulebooks and setting.
>>
>>52491611
WFB has always been grim dark wtf is this about rpgs.

It only got darker all the way up to end times.
>>
>>52491659
>>52491675

Did you read any of the 8th edition army books? They weren't all that grim dark
>>
>>52481835
?
All heroes have multiple wounds, and Bloodbound need their buffing heroes to stay alive. I'd say Crimson Rain is good for that purpose.
>>
>>52491702
Im literally in shock. Wtf are you on about? Why are there so many filthy grognards on /tg/
>>
>>52491675

>always been grim dark

Oh sweet summer child, you never got to experience warhammer before it was grimderped to hell and back in the late 90's.

The 2nd edition RPG is what really made the whole "everyone is a fucking mud farmer or rat catcher and everything fucking sucks" thing popular

I'm glad the setting has rebounded from that
>>
>>52491729

They displayed humanity as heroic and doomed but determined defenders of civilization, total war took that tone and ran with it
>>
>>52491147
More like worst periods of 16-17th century Europe, especially the 30 years war. The middle ages were actually pretty nice compared to those.
>>
I was a General in warhammer fantasy, but after it's destruction I was reborn into the mortal realms as a shitposter
>>
Quick, you need to buy a new set of brushes. Who's do you buy, and which?
>>
>>52492387
I'd go to the nearest art suppy store, that's what I did the last time I needed brushes. Which was years ago. Just like the last time I painted any miniatures.
>>
>>52492387
I prefer warcolour sable brushes
>>
>>52492762
>warcolor
How are their paints, by the way?
>>
>>52480531
Your opinion is your own I guess, but Fantasy's lore is notoriously half-assed in places.

Mainly down to the fact that the human factions are almost entirely lifted from historical nations with a few wizards thrown in and the fantasy races feel so generic.

It got better over the years but I like how distinct AoS is as a setting.
>>
>>52493469
>I like how distinct AoS is as a setting.

Agreed.

A thing that bothered me is it was pretty much just a real world map with a few changes.

Some of the places were even named the same. Nippon for instance.
>>
How is the Seraphon fluff at the moment? I've been out of the loop for AoS for the last few months and was wondering if the Seraphon fluff had advanced or anything like that?
>>
>>52493542
They are lizard-people riding dinosaurs who shoot lasers travelling around the galaxy in space ships fighting evil everywhere. There is nowhere left to advance, it's fucking perfect.
>>
so me and my friends are playing killteam, and one of my friends has discovered sigmarines archers like the knight venator absolutely dominate the game.
what are some single hero or low cost models that can shut down long-range archery? stuff like debuffs or ambush characters
>>
>>52493593
Terrain.
>>
>>52493593
so you're playing hinterlands i assume? where you halve the cost of a hero and reduce it to 3 wounds?

yeah that would be a fault I have with it. some heroes are so undercosted that halving the points doesnt help, and dropping to 3 wounds really isn't that much of a debuff, especially on a hero who likes to keep his distance. i think it was meant for those melee-centric heroes.

Sorry I don't have a counter. Sounds like your friend has discovered how to top the meta in that format.
>>
>>52493593
are things like knight-heraldor and knight venator 'named units'? what defines a named unit? obviously the name but they dont have tags or anything
>>
>>52493642
Unique characters with names.

Nagash, Arkhan, Alarielle etc.
>>
>>52493576
Oh I know that.

That is awesome about the Seraphon. But I was asking in terms of any progression story wise. Like how Ariaelle came back from a seed pod or w/e it was and starts fighting and beating the shit out of nurgle.
>>
>>52493631
Yeah I guess that would be the most reliable counter. Play in a city scenario and really cram the field with terrain. I mean narrow roads and plenty of buildings and ruins. That is the spirit of the game anyway. This isn't a standard game where you need space for large units and big monsters to move around. It's a skirmish on a smaller scale between warbands and nobodies
>>
>>52493691

I should say nurgle Daemons and such joy just nurgle, otherwise it sounds like she literally fought nurgle humself
>>
File: Seraphon.pdf (4KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Seraphon.pdf
4KB, 1x1px
Hey guys,
I am thinking of buying the start collecting seraphon set and then a box of skinks. What should my next purchase be to get me up to 1000pts. I am thinking a bastadon because it is a super cool monster but is two behemoths too much for 1000pts? Here is a list. Should I be worried that I do not have any spell casters? Is playing with a Slaan crazy?

I will be going up against skaven. The list posting in next post.
>>
>>52493785

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Screaming Bell (260)

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
2 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (120)
1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)

War Machines
Doomwheel (140)
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Total: 1000
>>
>>52493804
turn 1 kunning rukk kill, on average, your 40 clanrats then screaming bell do not move. next turn you loose.
oh and the other 600 points of his army still didnt do anything
>>
>>52493892
So what do I do? Drop a warpfire thrower for more rats?
>>
NEW THREAD WHEN
>>
File: Scottish Skeletons.gif (1MB, 320x171px) Image search: [Google]
Scottish Skeletons.gif
1MB, 320x171px
>>52493974
Make one lazybones!
>>
>>52494007
>>52494007
>>52494007

migrate
>>
>>52493892
And how did the Kunnin Rukk come up? Isn't that the Skaven list which was supposed to be played against the Seraphon one above?

Also it's quite interesting how highly /tg/ rates Kunnin Rukk. It's obviously great when it works but the Big Boss is not that hard to snipe out for most armies and the Arrer Boyz crumble under focused attacks.

As far as I know it was "meta" in last autumn, since then most competetive Destruction armies are Beastclaw + Moonclan mixed. Though you can mix Kunnin Rukk with BCR as well :^)
>>
>>52486294
Best base tier
Baseless with weighted feet.
Thread posts: 371
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.