[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hhg/ The Horus Heresy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 92

File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 229x220px
Rolled 8 (1d26)

Lords of War edition
Moritat party bus subedition

Moritats remain sub-par despite prettiness, Zhao-Arkkad Vault 101 is still operational, Saboteurs lost their fancy bombs but Saggitarum found bayonets and giant tanks.
Ogryns have trouble deciding on a new car because the salesman was a Dreadnought, the mad Magi head back to Rapture and Malcador's bodyguards want time off to chill with rich golden dickheads. It sounds just as sensible in the last thread >>52460903
>HHG FAQs
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>HHG Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>SINS OF THE FATHER
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html

>CHILDREN OF SICARUS
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>BREXIT WITH TITANS
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3
>>
What Lords of War do you take, besides Knights and Primarchs? Personally I don't really run any, because I always feel I can get better value from stuff like Macrocarids and Vindicators, but I kind of want a big scary thing as I move up to 3k.
>>
>>52478563
NOW THIS IS POD-RACING!
>>
File: 1489460532137.jpg (558KB, 2085x599px) Image search: [Google]
1489460532137.jpg
558KB, 2085x599px
This look any better? Again, 3500 points.

HQ: Constantin Valdor (All models have Teleportation Transponders) 275pt

HQ: Legio Custodes Tribune w/ Praesidium Shield, Cyber-Familiar, and Paragon Spear 260pt

Elites: Legio Custodes Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought w/ Dreadspear 240pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 5 w/ a Magisterium Vexilla/Sentinel WarBlade and Melta Bombs 310pt

Transport: Legio Custodes Coronus Grav Carrier w/ Extra Armor 140pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 5 w/ Melta Bombs 300pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad of 5 w/ Melta Bombs 300pt

Troops: Legio Custodes Sentinel Guard Squad of 5 w/ a Magisterium Vexilla and Solerite Power Gauntlet 325pt

Transport: Legio Custodes Coronus Grav Carrier w/ Extra Armor 140pt

Fast Attack: Pallas Grav Attack Squad of 2 w/ Extra Armor 180pt

Fast Attack: Pallas Grav Attack Squad of 2 w/ Extra Armor 180pt

Fast Attack: Legio Custodes Agamatus Jetbike Squad of 5 w/ 2 TL-Corvae Las Pulsars 425pt

Heavy Support: Legio Custodes Caladius Grav Tank w/ TL-Arachnus Blaze Cannon and Extra Armor 215pt

Heavy Support: Legio Custodes Caladius Grav Tank w/ TL-Arachnus Blaze Cannon and Extra Armor 215pt

Total = 3500pt
>>
I'm collecting SoH, but not sure if I should aim for Orbital Strike (~7 pods including dreads) + Ally (thinking about Mechanicus) or Long March with 3~4 Dreadclaws. Any insights or tips you can give me?
>>
File: 20170401_120237.jpg (412KB, 1143x857px) Image search: [Google]
20170401_120237.jpg
412KB, 1143x857px
What are you painting /hhg/? I'm working on the first half of my heavy support squad.
>>
>>52478987
I was cleaning all my Knight armour plates, but ATM I'm off to the FLGS. 40k games only, but I'll have to deal until my Mech are painted up. Probably using far too many subassemblies for this. Each armour panel, torso, Knight head and head cowling, both shoulders and all the weapons separate because magnets.
>>
>>52478987
Building up color on a dozen DG assault marines.
>>
>>52478987
10 Sagittarum and 2 Coronus Grav Carriers.

So much gold.
>>
Hey there

I want to start building a Solar Auxilia army. What is better for first troops ? I know that lasrifle section is the go-to but the idea of running 5HP Demolisher filled with volkite stormtrooper seems to be fun too.

What do you advise ?
>>
When a RoW restriction say "~as part of the army," "in this army," or etc, does it only applies to the Primary Detachment? Or my whole force including Ally, LoW and Fortification?
>>
>>52479222
Mix both,
Maybe 1-2 lasrifles sections behind an aegis line supported by 1-2 volkites or flamers inside a demolisher dracosan can be a good solution.

Both can be great, I just don't like las section in a regular multi-laser dracosan but las section are great to hold objective and are really cheap

Volkite section in a demolisher dracosan has an incredible fire power and doesn't cost that much. It's a great choice.

Nice trips btw
>>
So just to be clear,

I was under the impression that the golden throne webway gate had been blown into an open rift, and that the Custodes had to spend every moment of the ten thousand years since warring to keep daemons from spilling into realspace.

I'm hearing now though that in master of mankind, the Custodes spill into the webway intentionally to try to fend off daemon hordes flooding that region of it, and at the end of the book the Emperor just shuts the gate and it's not really actually a problem other than that they can't use terra as a webway hub anymore.

What's actually going on?
>>
I typed a huge long thing but fuck that let's get down to brass tacks.
> Thousand Sons
> mostly on foot (probably a mistake)

Will have at least one Rhino!
>From Forgeworld. (It's ok)
>From Games workshop. (I prefer this look)

Discuss or ignore because I can't decide.
>>
>>52479864
I don't understand what you're asking.
>>
>>52479565
Okay thanks.

>Nice trips btw
what
>>
File: IMG_5315.jpg (2MB, 3695x2771px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5315.jpg
2MB, 3695x2771px
>>52479882
Seems I removed too many words.
Basically I don't know what Rhino model I should buy for my army.

The Forgeworld one that I feel is just ok but more 30k appropriate, especially because my army is mostly MkIII.

Or the Games Workshop 40k one that I like a lot more.

It's not that I hate the FW one I even have a original GW ver in my sisters army! But I just like the 40k one more.
>>
Guys, if I plan to use 30k stuff in 40k games, should I keep using the AoD FoC or I ignore it and go straight to a CAD?
>>
>>52480017

Buy the forge world rhino doors and stick them on a GW?
>>
File: holy-ghost.jpg (418KB, 810x1242px) Image search: [Google]
holy-ghost.jpg
418KB, 810x1242px
>>52480017
Brother, get the proton pack...
>>
Are the white scars hamstringed by expensive outriders? I really want to go fast but their units costs are out of control
>>
>>52478987
>binn anon paints armies faster then I paint bolters

You're an inspiration.
>>
File: DG37.jpg (539KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
DG37.jpg
539KB, 1306x980px
>>52480370
Thank you. Just finished these guys.
>>
Would a solar auxilia lasrifle section be appropriate for survivors of a dark age grenadiers?
>>
File: 1390209771565.jpg (202KB, 750x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1390209771565.jpg
202KB, 750x1200px
>>52480506
Jeebus, good work.

Also, what do you think about Duncs advice for white here? Since you also paint white-ish and a lot of it, who would be better suited?
>>
>>52480833
Fuck forgot the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGTJywbFeLk
>>
>>52480672
Sure. They're essentially the same unit, grenadiers just have more options and less built-in bonuses rules wise.
>>
File: image.jpg (862KB, 1936x1934px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
862KB, 1936x1934px
I'm thinking a diorama of the evolution of the Death Guard.

I have multiples of each of these so I'll pick the best later.

1 - mk 2 marine in the Dusk Raiders colours of grey, red, gold (undone)
2 - this guy in mk 4 , or one of my cleaner unmarked mk 3s I have (maybe some imperial insignia like eagle with lightning on a leg guard)
3. - mk 3 guy
4 -mk 3 guy all in green
5- full on plague marine (when they come out)
6- conversion using blightking and plague marine bits.
>>
Militia list, 3500 version. Idea is to have the force commander and enginseers accompany the ogryn. They give needed meltabomb and S8 powerfist support, the force commander gives them LD, and the enginseers repair the stormlord. I'll keep the malcador in front to give it some cover. Protecting the stormlord is #1 priority.

Force commander with iron halo, cyber familiar, digital lasers, melta bomb, power fist, planetary overlord, alchem jackers, survivors of a dark age

10 ogryn, 3 power axes, 4 power mauls, 3 boarding shields, carapace, frenzon

3 medics

3 enginseer adepts with meltabombs, 3 servitors with servo arms, 1 servitor with plasma fusil

20 grenadiers with lasrifles, rotor cannons, advanced weapons, meltabomb sgt
20 grenadiers with lasrifles, rotor cannons, advanced weapons, meltabomb sgt

10 grenadiers with laslocks, advanced weapons, sgt has meltabomb, hand flamer, power axe.
Land raider proteus with hull TL lascannon, armored ceramite, extra armor

10x AP2 missile launcher fire support squad

3x rapier laser destroyers
3x vanilla leman russes with hull multilasers
Stormlord with one set of sponsons

Aegis with quad gun
>>
>>52480973
Although at 3500, I think I should find a way to take off 230 points for a thunderbolt heavy fighter with flare shield + ground tracking.
>>
File: huffpo.jpg (560KB, 1280x758px) Image search: [Google]
huffpo.jpg
560KB, 1280x758px
>>52480964
Huffing Nurgle.
Not even once.
>>
>>52480857
too many steps for me
>>
Why are people nerd-raging about the Master of Mankind book?
>>
>>52481109
Probably because it portrays the whole corruption of horus and half the legions going traitor as something inconsequential.
>>
>>52481076
Surely you are jesting, comrade? I am just unsure if it looks shit, as colour perception is very subjective.
>>
Been thinking about cutting the barrels of phobos bolters in half to leave one hole instead of tow. Looks more iconic and there's art where phobos only have one hole. Anyone else tried this?
>>
>>52481109

Not only was emps a bad dad, he was purposely so, and a total sociopath. Destroyed all tragedy of the HH when you call primarch's by index number.
>>
>>52481109
Because people are angry that the webway was the master plan and the crusade was the second priority. Everyone wanted WAR WAR WAR FOREVER to be the goal, and got pissed off that the Emperor actually had a plan for humanity beyond shoot all the things.

They're also really angry that a nigh-omnipotent gestalt consciousness that's 32,000 years old isn't a loving, caring father to the things he literally built out of magic and science to lead his armies.

That's it. Those are the two reasons. The thirty two thousand year old demigod was emotionally distant, and he actually had a plan to advance humanity.

You can go for hyperbole either way. The arguments are all retarded and it was still a decent read.
>>
>>52481181
But anon, HH isn't a tragedy, Chaos is best stepdad after all. :^)
>>
>>52481275
There's a fair welly of a stretch between "emotionally distant" and "refers to them by serial number and considers them to be tools".
>>
>>52481275

Incompotent creator is the real issue. They all had adoptive dads, he just needed to work out which ones were lost causes and fix up the straying ones better, not be a good daddy.

Calling the webway project a lost cause because one gate got busted is pretty fucking dumb, and of course the actual physical colonisation of the galaxy is a bigger deal than transport infrastructure.
>>
>>52481365
Except for the entire ending monologue when he calls Horus by name, right? Conveniently leave that out.

And he isn't calling them by serial number. Calling Dorn "The Seventh" isn't any disrespect. He's the seventh primarch. How is that derogatory? He doesn't call them "Subject number 98847749". He just says "The Seventh, The Twelfth, The Sixteenth." Calling them by their legion doesn't really insult them any more than calling Kharn "the Eighth Captain" did.

It's also taking place AFTER they've all fucked up, failed, and gone traitor, so maybe his demeanor frosted over a bit?
>>
>>52481434
Physical colonization is a lot easier when you have an instantaneous transport system that doesn't involve sending your fleet through hell.

Just sayin'.
>>
>>52481275
>Because people are angry that the webway was the master plan

When have people been mad at this, when it's been a thing for ages?

>isn't a loving, caring father

I never liked the idea that the Emperor has fee-fees for any of the primarchs, especially when it stopped him from slaying Horus.

So I'm really curious about seeing how they'll wrap up the battle now that he's suppose to be distant and unloving.
>>
>>52481491
>So I'm really curious about seeing how they'll wrap up the battle now

Horus is probably going to be to strong for the Emperor to slay now, and is only overpowered because the chaos gods got distracted by another prank opportunity or something.
>>
>>52481480
First you get there, then you build the road there.

Hell, if we had waited for the Emperor to finish his webway project, humanity would be Terra and a few isolated systems dotting the galaxy, under siege by orks and Chaos.
>>
>>52481365
if I remember correctly didn't E refer to the primarchs as weapons and tools that he created (i.e. Magnus was to be interred on the Golden Throne) and they were to be used to expand his domain and keep all the legions in line
also >>52481275
>They're also really angry that a nigh-omnipotent gestalt consciousness that's 32,000 years old isn't a loving, caring father to the things he literally built out of magic and science to lead his armies.
expecting anything more than this from the big guy is a bit of a stretch. Pretty sure he even says he takes care of his custodes more than he does anyone else and about how he willingly sends of other people without thinking and isn't that way with the custodes
I really don't think E was attached to the kids, and could've told horus "hey I'm gonna do a thing so we don't have to use the warp you're in charge"
>>
>>52481275
>That's it. Those are the two reasons
You're incredibly wrong.

People mostly are upset because

a) The Emperor is more attached to fucking Custodes or a random Martian Techpriest than the Primarchs.

b) If the Emperor had assessed the Primarchs from a detached point of view rather than having his vision colored by sentimentality he should have seen the betrayal coming from miles off. Hell, fucking Malcador was a skeptic and he was a measly few hundred years old. Shit just doesn't make sense. He spares Angron, why? 17 Primarchs is barely worse than 18.Why bother with Monarchia? Nuke that faggot Lorgar, you don't even care for him, or pull hi back to Terra and train him as special anti-demon force. The plot breaks down as soon as you make the Emperor act aloof towards the Primarchs due to actual emotional detachment.

c) The massive Chaos Wank with Drachnyen being the super unkillable Super Demon-Sue destined to kill the Emperor and nothing can change that because chaos is the best forever, take that dad!
>>
>>52481365
They were tools. He literally built them out of magic and nonsense.

If I build twenty magnificent machines to keep my house and property in order, and then my lawnmower 012 starts bashing in my house's walls and mowing up my furniture, and my cat-robot 08 starts flaying and stringing up live mice to enforce mouse-justice instead of just getting rid of them, I'm not going to give them tender loving maintenance and whisper sweet nothings to them when 07 just windproofed the house and 13 just did my taxes. I'm going to consider them a fuck-ups and look into ways to stop using the ones that don't do their goddamn jobs.

I kind of want to do more of these descriptions, though.
>>
>>52481612
>Magnus was to be interred on the Golden Throne
That's never stated outright and honestly it's more likely that was to be Vulcans job.
>>
>>52481569

That method works on land, not at sea. Warp travel is a foreign ocean. Emps wanted a bullet train. Furthermore, Emps simply wanted to drain the galaxy of it's material resources to build a new post-Materium civilization in the webway, where mankind would be free to thrive in complete peace and safety.
>>
>>52481633
XVIII just fucked your wife and ate your watermelon.
>>
>>52481618
>fucking Malcador was a skeptic and he was a measly few hundred years old

Didn't read any of the books. Got it.
>>
>>52481635
I always thought it was because of his psychic ability, but if you need someone to not die I guess Vulkan is the way to go
>>
>>52481670
>because of his psychic ability
All Primarchs are latently psychic and the Thrones were Pain Engines first and foremost. Since the Emps wanted to get rid of Navigators anyway he could even have planned to use them as battery for the thing!
>>
>>52481618

Boils down to human writers writing about superhuman characters. Been a core problem of any Astartes fiction since time immemorial. Emps is supposed to be a larger than existence figure, not Zack Snyder's Emperor.
>>
>>52481680
I guess I should've specified on his increased ability or control over it compared to the other primarchs
>>
>>52481691
If the Emperor acted human nobody would be complaining. Hell, that's what everybody assumed from old fluff, that he actually cared deep within and actually trusted the Primarchs. This mostly just reeks of trying to justify the Traitors post-act, and that's sad as fuck because otherwise MoM is a really fucking cool book, from the Custodes-Emps interaction, to the webway war to Arkhan Motherfucking Land, who designs supreme weapons of destruction with one servo arm, snacking on a delicious sandwich with the other all the while blowing demons apart with his 20" Servocock that shoots Plasma. Hell, even the support characters were good.
>>
>>52481785
>If the Emperor acted human nobody would be complaining.
I would.

This is a man who has to physically build his companions, because baseline humanity is so far beneath him. A man that for millennia has looked into the eyes of the beings around him and had the thought pass his mind that "You aren't my friend, or even my companion. I had to build you myself so that you would survive long enough to accomplish anything of note. And I could still erase you if I coughed."

I doubt the Emperor even remembers how to smile. He should be inhuman as fuck. He's probably been betrayed a thousand times and let down a million. He should be at that point where he has no faith left in humanity to accomplish anything unless he's holding their hand.
>>
File: image.jpg (295KB, 800x1153px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
295KB, 800x1153px
>>52481654

>He wanted to build Commoragh
>>
I want to play a Salamanders army with lot of infantery supported by dreads, contemptors and leviathans. But I also want to play a lots of flamers and meltas since it's the theme of sallies.

In legion vs legion situation does the flamer/heavy flamer a bad option ? Even with the +1S ?

My friends put apothicaries in almost every squad, they are really hard to kill, i'm scared that flamer is shit against them...
>>
>>52481883
>He should be at that point where he has no faith left in humanity to accomplish anything unless he's holding their hand.

Read the book. The Emperor's driving motivation is literally lifting Humanity up so hard that they can keep themselves together, making himself obsolete in the process. Malcador argues your point of view that mankind will always need the Emperor. As I said, except for everything remotely concerning the traitor primarchs the book is very cool.
>>
>>52481656
Stop projecting, Anon. Besides, Sallies are white people in blackface :^)
Anon's watermelon: F
>>
>>52481654
>people didn't sail the seas, we just sit on our asses and waited for someone to invent a bullet train to take us across
>>
>>52481898
Imperial Comorragh when.
>>
>>52481925
>except for everything remotely concerning the traitor primarchs the book is very cool.

The book is still cool during those parts. It's perfectly in-character for the Emperor to talk dispassionately about the primarchs when A: half of them have fucked off and gone traitor, and B: He's talking to a custodian who thinks the primarchs were all failures.
>>
>>52481955
You're right. That's why boats are still our main method of intercontinental transportation. They weren't made completely fucking obsolete by a far more efficient method that avoids the sea entirely.

Good job.
>>
>>52481618
>The plot breaks down as soon as you make the Emperor act aloof towards the Primarchs due to actual emotional detachment.
It also makes the fight on the Vengeful Spirit even more nonsensical. Why would he allow himself to get mortally wounded attempting to redeem Horus if he didn't actually love him?
>>
>>52481961
>He's talking to a custodian who thinks the primarchs were all failures.
This. People don't take into account he's th Master of Manipulation. He'll sound Democrat to Clinton and Republican to Trump. Probably doesn't even speak, just projects agreeing thoughts to your head do you stop bothering and promptly fuck off.
Geez, I cannot wait to complete the Webway so these boring fucks stop wasting my valuable time and I become obsolete at last
>>
>>52481960
now all I can picture is SoS and SoB in tight bodysuits with no real armor
Imperial Comorragh when indeed
>>
>>52478857
>Saboteurs lost bombs

What the actual fuck

I'm trying to build an infantry AL army and I fucking hate tanks. I want to take exactly 0. My Saboteur is part of my small number of anti tank solutions. His bomb got nerfed? I better still get a single auto-pen.
>>
>>52482079
It's just a meme. Maybe people still having to be told that no, you can't use some sort of relic to pick your dice result for the Saboteur's auto-pen result to guarantee an Explodes! inspired it.
>>
>>52481987
You do realize you're defending the "going to places and building infrastructure is stupid if you can't do it the fastest way possible." Meanwhile, in the real world, we use any method available the go to places and to build and expand, rather than just sitting on our asses, hoping someone makes the fastest way of travelling possible, before we went anywhere.
>>
>>52482205
>rather than just sitting on our asses, hoping someone makes the fastest way of travelling possible, before we went anywhere.

When did this happen in the storyline we are actually arguing about? He was building the webway gates WHILE humanity was off fucking all the xenos up on the great crusade.

You're arguing that the great crusade didn't happen, and the emperor just wanted all of humanity to stay on Terra?

You're strawmanning so hard that it doesn't even remotely resemble the thing you're arguing about.
>>
>>52482205
Anon, if it needs to be explained to you why the Emperor was fighting his damndest to get away from using the warp for travel, you clearly don't know 40k enough, even the most blinkered troll would know better.
>>
File: simpsons lou.png (163KB, 334x242px) Image search: [Google]
simpsons lou.png
163KB, 334x242px
>>52480997
>>
File: 1485959384904.jpg (30KB, 400x436px) Image search: [Google]
1485959384904.jpg
30KB, 400x436px
>>52482249
What'ya mean, warp travel is nothing to worry about.
>>
File: 1487650889612.jpg (187KB, 618x402px) Image search: [Google]
1487650889612.jpg
187KB, 618x402px
What sort of wildlife would Barbarus have?
>>
>>52482330
Having read absolutely no DG centric BL HH books, nor the info on them in the FW black books, imma say slimy, bioluminescent invertebrates.
>>
>>52482330
Wildlife I don't know, but it's implied the necromancers used lots of zombies and flesh-forged abominations.
Maybe it was Catachan lite, poisonous stuff but without the swamp trying to actively eat the human settlements
>>
>>52482360
>>
File: 1489505217472.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1489505217472.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>52482384
>but without the swamp trying to actively eat the human settlements
>implying the swamp isn't infected with Chaos magic and not actively out for human blood
>>
>>52482451
Catachan settlements must burn the forest away, daily, or they'll be overrun.
Meanwhile, in Barbarus they were able to spend their time farming
>>
>>52482483
Must be nice.
>>
>>52482483
So why is the forest in Catachan more dangerous than the swamps of Barbarus?
>>
>>52482241
>>52482249
Read >>52481480 Because that's what I'm replying to. Sure, faster method of transport is nice, but you're not gonna benefit from it if you don't have anywhere to go. If you don't unite humanity, if you don't recover lost tech, worlds and resources, if you don't build an empire, what good is your speedy bullet train? Sure, it's nice to visit all those millions of worlds now full of aliens and daemons.
>>
>>52482534
Because on Barbarus it is the air itself that actively tries to kill you.
>>
>>52482546
Isn't that Phyrr?
>>
>>52482543
The webway has exit gates literally all over the galaxy.
This means protected, virtually risk free intergalactic travel to anywhere you want to go, well before enemies can detect you and begin countermeasures.
Anon, do you know what the webway is?
>>
>>52482571

Do the writers know what the webway is if they think losing one door to it is a huge deal?
>>
>>52482571
Anons apparently think a Webway is a thing you can hook a Magnus to.
>>
>>52482654
Losing the only door they know about (that incidentally you made by literally breaking in to the thing), in a controlled environment to a catastrophic daemonic incursion in such a way that the architect of the project can't leave to do it twice?
>>
>>52482678
Is there a warranty on the Magnus?
>>
>>52482712
>"What are warranties, really?"
>>
>>52482654
If the main Imperial Portal isn't surrounded by a planet of gold, what's the point?
>>
File: carlos.jpg (20KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
20KB, 500x367px
Guys, was the webway project the Emperor's magnus opus?
>>
>>52482722
How can Warranties be real if our Mangusses aren't real?
>>
>>52482733
Carlos, you've surpassed your elf.
>>
>>52482571
Do you?

The webway is also a fucking maze full of dangers, collapsed sections, defences, etc. It'll take a long time and careful planning to map it out and figure out where you're going. Even the Eldar don't know everything there is to know about the Webway. And all that's if the webway even lets you, seeing that the Necrons have to be quick about their trips before the webway turns on them.

And then, when you get your destination, now a world full of hostile aliens and/or Chaos, you have to fight your way through them to reclaim it. Now compare that to flying through the warp and reclaiming all the lost worlds when they're mostly human and can be convinced to join your empire with more ease than trying to purge the worlds from aliens and daemons. You also don't risk losing any lost tech they might have and you can take out alien empires while they're still small from the Age of Strife, rather than letting them grow and become a danger.
>>
>>52482722
I know they're not miserable piles of secrets.
>>52482733
Carlos!
>>
>>52482654
It wasn't one door, it was the damn steering wheel. The Golden Throne and imperial portal were how you plotted a course through.

Now it's just a giant fucking labyrinth with no map. Also full of Daemons.
>>
>>52482765
>Also full of Daemons.
Can't be full of Daemons, otherwise DEldar make no sense.
>>
>>52482765
Me again: We learned this in Path of Heaven. When Yesugei plugs into the prototype golden throne the device is what lets him plot a course and guide the fleet through.
>>
File: 1490306450991.jpg (10KB, 123x169px) Image search: [Google]
1490306450991.jpg
10KB, 123x169px
>>52482733
Dammit Carlos.
>>52482759
[Manning up intensifies]
HHG, you're on fire today. We're being written by Kyme
>>
>>52482765

Honestly the Webway is kinda a stopgap measure at best unless you work out the old one tech to make your own tunnels and/or repair existing ones. It's a patchwork mess full of daemon holes, and the guys who only halfway had any idea how it work lost much of the manual when they orgied a god into being.

Better idea: Wrest the secrets of inertialess drives from that tech-god you have tied up in your solar system.
>>
>>52482785
The pathways that lead to the Imperial Palace are full of daemons, thanks to Magnus.
>>
>>52482820
Are inertialess drives FTL? I remember people arguing over that one
>>
>>52482830

And how does that keep them from invading the rest of the weebway?
>>
File: Edict of Leman.jpg (5MB, 2682x3506px) Image search: [Google]
Edict of Leman.jpg
5MB, 2682x3506px
>>52482830
Fucking Magnus.
>>
>>52482805
I think we can at least get to ADB levels by post 150.
>>
>>52482857

Yes, they can cross the galaxy in minutes and stop on a dime.

The 5th edition tried to retcon them out because one of the creative team has a bee up his ass about non-warp ftl, same guy tried to imply that Tau have no ftl whatsoever.

Inertialess drives have been mentioned both before and since though, and the 7th ed codex mentions them directly.

Basically Necrons have both warp-free FTL and webway hacks for hunting down Old Ones. Or now, Eldar.
>>
>>52482857
>>52482820
They really don't exist anymore, retconned out mostly with the new Cron dex.
>>52482861
Because it's fuckhuge, and like was mentioned, it's a labryinthe, why wander thru it aimlessly HOPING to find something, one day, maybe, when Terra is RIGHT THERE.
>>
>>52482907

>They really don't exist anymore, retconned out mostly with the new Cron dex.

No, briefly attempted to be retconned out but it didn't stick.
>>
>>52482906
Are they mentioned as being FTL in recent fluff, though? I remember reading about them in the context of battle, giving the Necrons the upper hand due to their speed. It's very possible inertialess drives only capable of sub-light speeds but like 99.99c speeds, where as for actual cross galaxy travel they need the webway.
>>
>>52482861
Technically it doesn't, but the webway is roughly the size of the fucking galaxy it shadows,
>>
First Alpha Legion list. 2500 pts. Comments appreciated.

HQ [200pts]
Armillus Dynat [200pts]

Elites [500pts]
Legion Rapier Weapons Battery x3 [120pts]

The Rewards of Treason [380pts]
Gal Vorbak Dark Brethren [380pts]
9x Dark Brethren [270pts]
Dark Martyr [30pts]
Artificer Armour [10pts], Power Dagger [5pts], Power Fist [15pts]

Troops [495pts]
Legion Tactical Squad [165pts]
Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier [35pts], 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines [90pts]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [5pts]
Bolter, Power Dagger [5pts]
X3

Fast Attack

Legion Javelin Attack Speeder [65pts]
Heavy Bolter, 2x Hunter-killer Missile [10pts], Twin-linked Cyclone missile launcher
X3

Heavy Support [695pts]
Legion Fire Raptor Gunship [230pts]
Four wing-mounted: [20pts]
Hellstrike Missiles [20pts]
Two Turrent-mounted: [10pts]
Reaper Autocannon Battery [10pts]

Legion Jetbike Sky Slayer Support Squadron [280pts]
Melta Bombs [25pts], Multi-melta, 5x Space Marine Sky Slayers [225pts]

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [185pts]
Accelerator Autocannon, Armoured Ceramite [20pts], Pintle-mounted Heavy Bolter

XX: Alpha Legion, Traitor
Rite of War
The Coils of the Hydra

Lords of War [415pts]
Alpharius [415pts]
>>
>>52483035
The Dark Martyr isn't allowed to take a powerdagger because he doesn't have the Legion Astartes (<insert legion>) special rule.
>>
File: 1483568342140.png (277KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
1483568342140.png
277KB, 396x396px
>>52480506
>>
>>52483035
If you're deep striking those gal vorbak in, I'd get a sicaran venator to try to keep an enemy's vindicator/typhon quiet on the turn they land. You really don't want an AP2 pieplate landing on them while they're all bunched up and instant death-ing 2/3rds of the squad.
>>
File: 1463542863094.jpg (2MB, 2652x3579px) Image search: [Google]
1463542863094.jpg
2MB, 2652x3579px
I am in need of DA minis. Show me what you got.
>>
Had my first 30k game today, iron warriors vs thousand sons with custodes. 2 wound terminatots with 3++ are bullshit and ironfire is fun, i just need some medusas
>>
File: LUL.jpg (539KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
LUL.jpg
539KB, 1306x980px
>>52480506
>>
>>52483187
This is a Death Guard thread, no DAngels here.
>>
File: Asmodai-would_like_a_word.jpg (266KB, 1400x1137px) Image search: [Google]
Asmodai-would_like_a_word.jpg
266KB, 1400x1137px
>>52483260
Why are there so many of you Poison Huffers?
>>
>>52483315
because 7th legion is best legion
>>
>>52483241
>Thousand sons with custodes

Please stangle that person for me next time you see him. Slowly.
>>
File: IF_Sgt_Mk_III.jpg (370KB, 632x966px) Image search: [Google]
IF_Sgt_Mk_III.jpg
370KB, 632x966px
>>52483360
>7th legion
>death guard
>>
File: fulgrim_by_nezermoar-d7zr2qp.jpg (306KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
fulgrim_by_nezermoar-d7zr2qp.jpg
306KB, 1024x1448px
>>52483360
>>52483395
looks like you fat fingered your keyboard and missed the 3 guys
>>
>>52482805
>HHG, you're on fire today. We're being written by Kyme
Don't you mean "forged by Kyme"
>>
>>52483395
GW recently stated the DG are the 7th legion and new fluff takes precedence over old fluff.
>>
>>52483411
I see several gays in your picture.
>>
File: Confused Hikage.png (129KB, 441x385px) Image search: [Google]
Confused Hikage.png
129KB, 441x385px
>>52483444
Wait what?
>>
File: 1442694768469.jpg (183KB, 1024x995px) Image search: [Google]
1442694768469.jpg
183KB, 1024x995px
>>52483445
is that a problem?
>>
On a scale of shit to almost not shit, how awful are breachers in a LR Proteus? Even with the boosted inv save from TS?
>>
File: Still bitter.jpg (41KB, 257x331px) Image search: [Google]
Still bitter.jpg
41KB, 257x331px
>>52483465
My electric bill will be out of this world. Don't you have a sword to be eaten by, Fulgrim?
>>
File: 1482812497530.jpg (113KB, 383x518px) Image search: [Google]
1482812497530.jpg
113KB, 383x518px
>>52483411
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Traitors leave! Release our arrogant bishonen Primarch at an instant.
>>
File: 1269780819449.png (104KB, 241x259px) Image search: [Google]
1269780819449.png
104KB, 241x259px
>>52481109
Autism.

1. The Thunder Warriors where tools by the Emperor until they weren't needed anymore. He had them all slaughtered. Why the fuck would this be any different for the Space Marines? The Primarchs were simply their general and likewise another tool.

2. The Emperor deals with the big picture, but no matter what, the setting itself is still grimdark. MoM greatly reminds the readers of this.

The book makes perfect sense.
>>
>>52483365
Oh hes the local waacfag, but hes also really good. It just makes it much more satisfying to win. Just wasnt in the cards today, by my turn 3 he caught up on points and was about to charge tac squads with custodes in his turn.
>>
>>52483545
>The Thunder Warriors where tools by the Emperor until they weren't needed anymore
Where?
>>
>>52483619
Sorry to upset your autism there, son. I meant 'were'. :^)
>>
>>52483545
>Why the fuck would this be any different for the Space Marines?

Maybe because having to eradicate hundreds of thousands of supersoldiers (the versions that are so stable that they don't fall apart by themselves) spread across the entirety of the galaxy is impossible ? I mean, bar the few lunatic exceptions I very much doubt all marines would come running back and line up to be put down without any protest.

Also if anybody really thinks that even if all xenos would be exterminated (and Tyranids were not going to be a problem) that humans would nevermore fight amongst themselves and maybe need a policing force from time to time ? And no, ten thousand custodes is nowhere near enough to keep a webway or galaxy full of humans in check. They can't even keep everybody on terra in line
>>
>>52483457
In the 40k promotional video the Death Guard narrator mistakingly said "we are the Seventh Legion". It was promptly removed and replaced with Nurglite dialogue, but it showed GW can fuck up as bad as FW redaction.
>>
File: images (16).jpg (35KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
35KB, 443x332px
>>52483498
What's wrong with your bill?
>>
>>52478893
Anyone?
>>
>>52483671
>what is the imperial guard
>>
File: 1453761131303.jpg (2MB, 2315x2789px) Image search: [Google]
1453761131303.jpg
2MB, 2315x2789px
>>52483690
Oh that makes sense.
>>52483726
Oh you.
>>
>>52483746
A MISERABLE PILE OF SECRETS
>>
>>52483746
Certainly not a force that makes rebellious planets promptly cleanse their own population and offers the captured rebel leaders to the authorities out of fear from just hearing that they are coming.
>>
How would you thematically fit a vigilator into a Death Guard army?
>>
>>52483787
>A MISERABLE TITANIC, ENDLESS HEAVING MASS OF SECRETS

ftfy
>>
>>52483846
Well someone has to lead the way through the swamp
>>
File: 1416159341743.png (450KB, 960x528px) Image search: [Google]
1416159341743.png
450KB, 960x528px
>>52483842
Who cares.

The IG does 95% of the work already.

In the scenario that mankind 'wins', the SMs become completely irrelevant. Just like the Thunder Warriors.

Which brings us to: Space Marines = Thunder Warriors = tools.
>>
>>52483781
At last, someone who poles his weapons!
Fuck Guardian "spears" and Grey knight "halberds". They're both glaives.
Guardian Guisarmes when
>>
>>52483926
The world isn't ready for it.
>>
File: 1456602831095.png (48KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
1456602831095.png
48KB, 192x192px
>>52483956
>bec-de-BARDICHE
Always gets me
>>
>>52483916
>The IG does 95% of the work already.

You mean the Imperial Navy, faggot? The IG don't do anything literal prisoners, slaves, conscripts, and trained monkeys can't do: which is drown the enemy in bodies until their preset kill limit is reached.
>>
>>52483956
>legiocustodesparagonblade.jpg
>>
>>52483916
Are you fucking retarded? The Space Marines do an infinitely larger percentage of work by virtue of deterrence. You're comparing nuclear missiles to regular soldiers.
>>
File: k's waifu perhpas.jpg (404KB, 1076x962px) Image search: [Google]
k's waifu perhpas.jpg
404KB, 1076x962px
>>52483975
>>52483983
Glad to make you guys happy.
>>
Why do you people mentally jack off to the idea of the Emperor purging his Space Marines?
>A
The Thunder Warriors were fucking unstable, and not fit for a galactic campaign. Marines pretty much die only when killed by enemy action, somewhat less powerful in CC yet still mass produceable, Custodians are fucking perfect but artificer made, mortals are normies, but Thunder Warriors would degenerate rather quickly.
Hell, even mortals would last longer than them.
>B
THERE IS ONLY WAR. As such, the Space Marines will always have a role as humanity's champions against an uncaring galaxy filled with tyranids, orks, necrons and all manner of [REDACTED] things.
>C
It'll be fucking difficult to purge two-three million marines, especially given a single chapter can inflict exterminatur-tier damage on a single world.
THERE WERE NEVER ENOUGH THUNDER WARRIORS TO CONQUER TERRA, Marines finished the job and then conquered half the galaxy.
It's like saying the Emperor's end game would be the dissolution of the Mechanicum.
Maybe, yeah, but in 100000 years when manking has evolved enough. Maaaaaaaaybe.
>>
>>52484062
>Why do you people
You mean Carnac.
>>
>>52483989
And just like nukes, they sit on their asses doing nothing.
>>
>>52483989
Hardly anyone in the empire even believe they exist in the first place, they're that rare (~1 million space marines in a galaxy of untold billions upon billions). Great deterrence that is, dumb ass.

Again, in a galaxy where mankind wins, SM's become obsolete. And thus they're like the Thunder Warriors and they're meant to be shed. This isn't complicated, you fucking autists. Why is this hard to grasp
>>
File: Custodian Halberd M2 pattern.jpg (119KB, 531x1613px) Image search: [Google]
Custodian Halberd M2 pattern.jpg
119KB, 531x1613px
>>52483983
I like to see Oldstodes weapon as a Paragon Spear. I won't dare to give it a name because Halberds, while having an axe head with a rear spike, also have a spear thingy on top.

Funny because Halberds were mostly used by lightly armoured troops in groupd, while the similar-but-shorter pollaxes were used by heavily armoured knights against other knights.
>>
>>52484086
But how many Carnacs
>>
>>52484107
>Great deterrence that is, dumb ass.
>Rulebooks and codex literally state examples where the appearance of a Battle Barge in a sector forced all civil wars to cease

Don't post if you're going to debate against facts.
>>
File: Muzzle Discipline REEE.jpg (511KB, 1076x962px) Image search: [Google]
Muzzle Discipline REEE.jpg
511KB, 1076x962px
>>52484012
>/k/'s waifu
>perhaps
Absolutely not.
>>
>>52484062
Why does the fluff constantly keep bringing up things like Marines being turned into garrison forces, primarchs talking about how they're just tools and how they and their marines are not to lead humanity, but only to serve it, etc.?

Humanity was good enough to face all the horrors of the galaxy before the Marines and they're most certainly capable of doing it after the Marines, provided they got the tech and don't become a degenerate state of perpetual downfall due to some faggot getting corrupted.
>>
File: 1480177944463.gif (128KB, 728x426px) Image search: [Google]
1480177944463.gif
128KB, 728x426px
>>52484107
>Hardly anyone in the empire even believe they exist in the first place

With the Emperor being venerated as a god and the Astartes known as their "Angels of Death" I somehow seriously doubt that.

>Again, in a galaxy where mankind wins, SM's become obsolete
Yet primarchs like Roboutte and Magnus had great plans for the astartes for things besides fighting. Humanity in general seems to need a good example to follow, because without it they don't seem to accomplish much.

>This isn't complicated, you fucking autists
Pot, kettle.
>>
>>52484146
Do give quotes to back up your claims then.
>>
>>52484107
>The galaxy can never be won. Even races in their """death throes""" like the Eldar have been relevant for more than 10000 years of constant warfare, while other races suddenly become a major power in a few millenia like the Tau, enemies thought "defeated" can return more powerful than ever like the orks and others simply arrive or wake up like the cosmic horrors they are, like Tyranids and Necrons.
In the far future there is only war
>Implying mankind will always be unified and mortals never rebel, which is pretty much the sole reason the Eight was created
This isn't complicated, you fucking autist. Why is this hard to grasp?
>>
File: K is a strange plac.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
K is a strange plac.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
>>52484164
>>52484012
/k/'s true waifu
>>
>>52484169
>Humanity was good enough to face all the horrors of the galaxy

LOL

One of the biggest cornerstones of the GrimDark setting is how there are horrors that humans on their own have no possible way of defeating. Maybe a handfull of exceptional individuals could escape or hide, but that's about it. I mean, The Age of Strife seems a good example of how humanity couldn't handle what the universe throws at them.
>>
>>52484178
>With the Emperor being venerated as a god and the Astartes known as their "Angels of Death" I somehow seriously doubt that.

You believe in angels, anon?
>>
>>52484210
I read about boards being merged, but merging /tg/ with /k/ has been a questionable choice.
>>
>>52484178
>>52484189
Alright, let's follow canon then.

In Master of Mankind the conclusion can be made that Space Marines and their primarchs are but mere tools to the Emperor.

Guess we're done talking. :^)
>>
>>52483545
IMO not all the Space Marines would have been done off. The legion loyalty might be a problem, but there would be a place among Humanity for those able to transcend it, like some of the Ultramarines as governors, Fists as castellans, Iron Hands as inventors etc. They are still part of Humanity even as transhuman.
>Only in death does duty end.
>>
File: mon-keigh.jpg (39KB, 310x428px) Image search: [Google]
mon-keigh.jpg
39KB, 310x428px
>>52484219
>The Age of Strife seems a good example of how humanity couldn't handle what the universe throws at them.

Anon, NOBODY came out of the Age of Strife on top. It fucked EVERYONE up. Thinking that only humans were affected by it is ridiculous. You're still forgetting that before that, humans had spread across the galaxy and fought everything that's out there without getting utterly annihilated.

The Eldar ruled the galaxy and even they got their shit pushed in from time to time.
>>
>>52484224
I don't believe in anything except the cold, pointless, uncaring, and unfair excistence that is reality. But that doesn't mean I can't understand why others want something more comforting to believe in.
>>
>>52484256
>Master of Mankind
>BL
>canon

Opinions discarded. Why do I let myself get baited by you Carnac, I should know better.

>>52484270
Sooooo ... if even Eldar got their shit pushed in then humans don't need marines anyway ? Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing.
>>
>>52484298
So when an Imperial preacher talks about teh gawd emprur and hes angles of deaf, you think everyone listening pictures 18 foot tall walking battle tanks, and when one of those storms their homes, they're like "oh, it's the Emperor's Angels of Death" and not "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"?
>>
>>52484332
You are so fucking stupid if you think current BL isn't canon.

Get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>52484332
>Sooooo ... if even Eldar got their shit pushed in then humans don't need marines anyway ? Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing.

Humanity's technology was a bit better at the time. They dropped in power quite a bit afterwards, the Astartes essentially tip the scales in humanity's favour a little bit once more.
>>
>>52484340
That would probably depend on the degree of their guilt.
>>
>>52484332
lol ok
>>
>>52484332
Elder did just fine without space marines. Tau do just fine without space marines. Why are humans special in that they can't have well trained dudes in power armour packing heavy weaponry, but need to breed a whole new race of people to do their fighting for them? How did humans even manage to spread across the galaxy and keep safe through the age of strife without space marines?
>>
File: Super soldiers.png (347KB, 671x683px) Image search: [Google]
Super soldiers.png
347KB, 671x683px
>>52484169
>Humanity was good enough to face all the horrors of the galaxy before the Marines
You seriously think mankind's solution to monsters isn't making their own versions of pseudo space marines over and over and over and over and over again?
When marines aren't needed they end up going to reservers, but since their whole lives are war then that means either garrison duty or an eternal crusade. Which is still useful to the imperium over "eh, just purge them :^^^)"
>>
>>52484387
>You seriously think mankind's solution to monsters isn't making their own versions of pseudo space marines over and over and over and over and over again?

Do provide us some evidence of DAoT humans leaving their fighting to genetically engineered super-soldiers.

Also:
>SPARTANs
>created to fight monsters
>not being the monsters themselves, a fucking space nazi child soldier program to keep colonists in line with SS shock troops

lol
>>
File: Praxil.png (557KB, 434x670px) Image search: [Google]
Praxil.png
557KB, 434x670px
>>52484418
>>52484270
Here, have fun
>NOBODY came out of the Age of Strife on top. It fucked EVERYONE up.
It didn't fuck up with the human worlds that purged their witches and invented their own space marines.
>>
>>52484446
>battle-memes
Ebin
>>
>>52484369
It's just a speed thing, humans in AoS used robots and colonized very slowly. Astartes however conquered the universe in record time before anything else could recover first.
>>
>>52484340
>>52484365
To be fair, even a low farmer in a poor feudal world knew about space marines, as the Emperor's Angels of death.
Then the orks arrived and brought war to their planet.
And when the Black Templars arrived, the farmer both recognized them as the Angels of Death AND went "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!".
They unleashed so much carnage upon the orks he even felt sorry for the orks.
>>
>>52484446
>battle memes

The future is truly grim and dark
>>
File: the blood is memes.png (310KB, 305x388px) Image search: [Google]
the blood is memes.png
310KB, 305x388px
>>52484515
>>52484465
Battle-memes proven to be mankind's secret weapon against the encroaching darkness.
Better memes = better marines :^)
>>
>>52484446
So one world. And even thousands of years would still place it during the Age of Strife (when human worlds had to defend themselves), not necessarily the DAoT.

>It didn't fuck up with the human worlds that purged their witches

They were still cut off from the rest of the human domain and subject to aliens, raiders and civil wars.

>invented their own space marines.

Again, in response to the Age of Strife, not necessarily a common practice during the DAoT.
>>
>>52484523
>tfw your legion has the best memes
>tfw your memes kill off more recruits than any other
>>
File: sw-may-mays.jpg (116KB, 466x466px) Image search: [Google]
sw-may-mays.jpg
116KB, 466x466px
>>52484523
>>
File: Thinking Sanguinius.png (197KB, 318x260px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking Sanguinius.png
197KB, 318x260px
>>52484558
>Memes aren't free. The tree of dankness and memery gotta be litterd with the blood of neophytes
>>
File: brehs.jpg (34KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
brehs.jpg
34KB, 550x512px
>>52484558
What can you do? The best legion can't have shoddy marines. What would the Blood Angels be then? World Eaters?
>>
>>52483187
Check out ADB's blog. He posted some HH DA minis done by a friend of his that are fucking amazing. The contemptor is next level shit - beautifully posed with a large sword that believe is from a dreadknight, with a lion-skin robe.
>>
File: Azrael_Back_Banner.jpg (12KB, 267x409px) Image search: [Google]
Azrael_Back_Banner.jpg
12KB, 267x409px
>>52484801
Thanks, Anon.
>>
File: Leman R Kennedy.png (220KB, 546x482px) Image search: [Google]
Leman R Kennedy.png
220KB, 546x482px
>>52484767
Considering Blood Angels have one of the highest fatal rejection rates among all legions and can turn into berzerkers even without the nails.
Yeah, I guess.
And then the wolves need legion police and are only good because they're supplied with cheap power weapons and better gear for no reason.
>>
File: venerable-brother-accolon.jpg (52KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
venerable-brother-accolon.jpg
52KB, 720x480px
>>52484821
Pic related if you're feeling lazy
>>
>>52484873
I wish I could give my assault squads 5 point power weapons.
>>
>>52484821
>>
>>52484801
>mk.7 helmets
disgusting
>>
File: JFK.jpg (96KB, 689x768px) Image search: [Google]
JFK.jpg
96KB, 689x768px
>>52484873
I guess the police would need a lot of power weapons to keep their bros down. As for the better gear I just don't know. Also what happened to the Legion Police when Leman took over?
>>52484987
>>52485007
Very nice.
>>
>>52484821
Boxnaught
>>
File: 1421776005762.png (97KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1421776005762.png
97KB, 250x250px
>>52485007
>poorfags
>>
File: Nice.jpg (32KB, 436x385px) Image search: [Google]
Nice.jpg
32KB, 436x385px
>>52485035
>>
>>52485008
I like to think of this guy when armour autism on /hh/g gets unbearable because nobody here produces finished models of this quality with the possible exception of "I sponteneously generate 5-man squads of Death Guard every couple hours via quantum entanglement"-anon.
>>
>>52485049
>bitter and jealous
>>
>>52484873
>for no reason

Emperor himself built the fang and made it self sufficient and capable of producing arms. It makes sense for the 'viking' faction to have good steel anon.
>>
>>52484987
That sword is an impressive bit of kitbashing.
>>
File: 1488313689620.gif (610KB, 360x301px) Image search: [Google]
1488313689620.gif
610KB, 360x301px
>>52485091
>>
>>52485072
And my dick is diamonds.
>>
File: 20170401181443_1.jpg (103KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170401181443_1.jpg
103KB, 1680x1050px
>Playing The Sims 4 don't judge me
>Making a sim, nothing in mind in particular, just doing random shit until something sticks out
>Stop and look at the sim as a whole
>He kinda looks like Lorgar

wtf
>>
>>52485072
Disdain for mk.7 isn't armor autism.
>>
>>52485072
>"I sponteneously generate 5-man squads of Death Guard every couple hours via quantum entanglement"-anon.
kek
>>
>>52485159
Find faith, Imperial Herald.
>>
>>52485290
I wanted to do something else entirely but now I can't not make him lorgar

god damn it
>>
>>52485359
Have a household with all the loyalist primarchs and another with all the traitor primarchs
>>
File: file.png (931KB, 1157x620px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
931KB, 1157x620px
trying to decide between a glaive or a flachion. how is the falchion now with the neutron upgrade? finally worth fielding?
>>
>>52485515
Consensus seems to be that the Glaive is miles better. Still, I like me some D, and since I don't have much in the way of dealing with super-heavies (now that melta-bomb spam is nonexistent) so neutron D it is. I wish they'd turn the gun into turbo-laser style two-shot weapon or a Macharius style larger (7") blast weapon. Plain TL 5" blast, especially for its cost, is ridiculous.
>>
>>52485515
Falchion best supression of enemy superheavy option

Glaive best fuck everything else option
>>
>>52484210
>/k/'s waifu
>not /an/
>>
>>52484369
>Elder did just fine without space marines.
Wraith Constructs.
>Tau do just fine without space marines.
Battlesuits.
>>
File: disappointed ara.png (105KB, 378x318px) Image search: [Google]
disappointed ara.png
105KB, 378x318px
>no Destroyer-centric/rad-warfare/purgation Rite of War
If you were to design one, what would you make it do? and what restrictions would it have?
>>
>>52484558
Isn't that the Imperial Fists?
>>
>>52485995
>what is reaping
>>
>>52485995
>destroyers of compulsory troops
>all missile lauchers MUST exchange all missiles for rad missiles
>ICs can take rad nades and phosphex

>must take 3 troops
>cant be taken by sallies
>>
>>52485980
Neither of which are genetically engineered race of super-Eldar/Tau, separate from the rest of the people and bred purely for war. Wraiths are just machines loaded with the souls of dead Eldar and usually used only in most dire situations. Battlesuits are just vehicles, no different from centurions, bikes, sentinels or knights.

Might as well claim Russ crews are separate from the rest of humanity.
>>
File: 1484539077607.jpg (630KB, 888x693px) Image search: [Google]
1484539077607.jpg
630KB, 888x693px
Do chainblade bayonets count as taking a chainsword or whatever for tacticals?
>>
>>52486084
>Neither of which are genetically engineered race of super-Eldar/Tau, separate from the rest of the people and bred purely for war.
Semantics, and Wraiths pretty much are, other than the word 'genetically', the point is that both races needed to use super-technology to make some super soldiers.
>>52486096
>not taking free chainaxebayonets
>>
Is there any reason not to just abandon Terra and make some other planet the Imperium's capital? I mean, if you have to sit there for 24/7 else the planet's fucked why not just go somewhere else?
>>
>>52486055
I think it'd be cool if traitor sallies could get it. Since they had some destroyers for xeno hunting, and since those guys were hated by the rest of the legion, they might turn traitor.
>>
>>52486150
>just up and abandon the cradle of humanity
What is this, Red Dwarf?
>>
>>52486144

Why are you retards still having this pointless arguement?

stop shitting up the thread you fucking mongloids.
>>
>>52486150
Because there's not enough time between getting out of the chair and OHMYFUCKINGGODDAEMONSAREEATINGMYSPLEEN to make it out in one piece.
>>
>>52479887
This 4chan where the number of your post magically means something if it ends in repeating integers.
>>
>>52486096
PLS REPSOND
>>
>>52486188
We're having a polite and forthright discussion about the fluff of the Horus Heresy here.
>>
>>52486096
Yeah, why not?
It looks neat and they're a personal favourite of mine.
>>
>>52486257
Yes. No. Maybe.
>>
>>52486144
If just operating a vehicle makes you a super-soldier, then I guess we've had super-soldiers for some time.
>>
>>52486185
All life started in the ocean but we don't live submerged in sea water
>>
Armoured Spearhead - limitation
"All units with the Infantry type in the ARMY must either be purchased Dedicated Transports and start the game deployed inside them, or begin play transported inside another vehicle in the ARMY."

Sky Hunter Phalanx - limitation
"The only vehicles allowed in the ARMY are those that have the Skimmer or Flyer type."

What is the 'army' here? Primary Detachment? Primary+Fort+LoW+Allied Detachments combined? Do I have to have all my units, even allies in Drop Pods if I use Orbital Assault RoW?
>>
>>52486361
What do you mean? Our bodies are mostly water.
>>
>>52486330
Pretty much, you can't say "Humans are too weak for the universe" if you don't let them use their technology.
Excellent pic related.
>>52486361
We don't move the oceans and replace them either.
>>
>>52486150
Same reason people keep living in inhospitable areas or areas full of dangers like earthquakes or tsunamis: The benefits greatly outweigh the negatives.
>>
>>52479641

Anyone able to clear this up now that the thread is a bit busier?
>>
>>52486465
GW wants to sell Custode models, can't have them all fighting daemons under the throne.
>>
>>52486445
I never said humans are too weak. I said humans did just fine without space marines and so did all the other races. They didn't have to create whole new races of people to fight for them, they did their own fighting with their own tanks and guns.
>>
>>52486330

Wraiths don't have their original bodies anymore. A cyborg, or even a weird alien soul golem, is a supersoldier in a way a mech pilot isn't.
>>
>>52486486
Why are supersoldiers so different from guns and tanks? I could say the Zulu's did just fine with their own strength and pointy sticks and the British didn't *have* to invent guns to do the killing for them.
>>
>>52486487
>Wraiths don't have their original bodies anymore.

Because they're dead. Wraith pilots aren't sacrificed in some ritualistic "I'm gonna be a wraith pilot now" thing, they're taken from the already dead and put into war when absolutely needed. It's no different from taking a crippled dude, giving him prosthetic and making him drive a tank or pilot a helicopter. Once their service is over, they're returned to the Infinity Circuit. There's nothing that is done to them that's different from any other (dead) Eldar and their service is not permanent. The difference between a wraith piloting Eldar and a regular (dead) Eldar is non-existent, just like there's no difference between a human and a human driving a tank.
>>
>>52486516
>"The supersoldier (or super soldier) is a concept soldier, often fictional, capable of operating beyond normal human limits or abilities."

There's nothing that would have stopped those Zulus from being capable of operating guns and tanks, if given the training, and there was nothing innate in the Brits that enabled them to do it without similar training.
>>
>>52486615
And the U.S. most certainly has not experimented with enhancing soldiers with drugs.
>>
File: 1457077343515.gif (41KB, 457x754px) Image search: [Google]
1457077343515.gif
41KB, 457x754px
>>52486615
Apart from our genetic and cultural superiority.
And God and the Queen of course
>>
>>52482965
Besides their tachyon arrow weapon kinda hints at their drive tech.
>>
>>52482330
Niggers.
>>
File: cya.gif (472KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
cya.gif
472KB, 500x281px
>>52486649
>>52486842

Guess it's that time of the day again ...
>>
>>52485995
Destroyer Company

>Council of Death
Moritats are compulsory HQs, gain Master of the Legion rule, must be equipped with Jump Packs and no other consul may be taken. They must also be the Warlord and gain the following Warlord Trait

-Final Command: Nominate one enemy unit, all units in this detachment gain Shred when attacking that unit. May nominate another unit immediately after the unit is completely destroyed.

>Upon Black Wings
Destroyer squads with Jump Packs become compulsory troops

>Bio-Alchem munitions
Bolt Pistols gain Poisoned (3+).

>First in, Last out
Only units equipped with Jump Packs or inside Drop Pods, Lucius Pods or flyers may be taken. No more tanks than Infantry or Jump Infantry.
>>
File: 1489769400607.png (27KB, 540x690px) Image search: [Google]
1489769400607.png
27KB, 540x690px
>>52486649
Dad is right. Eternal Anglo is pretty stronk with his beady little Anglo Eyes.
>>
File: IMG_0219.jpg (495KB, 1080x1559px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0219.jpg
495KB, 1080x1559px
>>52478987
Treated myself.

I will be busy for a while. Gonna use Celestine as my HQ for my Custodes in 40k and converting Greyfax to a Sisters of Silence Oblivion Knight Centura.
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 504x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 504x720px
>>52487132
>nationalism

Which primarch is the most Stirner?
>>
>>52478893
Would anyone mind helping me out on this?
>>
File: 1439169903310.jpg (191KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1439169903310.jpg
191KB, 1024x1024px
>>52487185
Probably Curze.
>>
>>52486649
Jokes aside, nowadays the average britts and murrican is smaller than standard central and north europeans.

Intresting fact: 100 years ago it was the other way around, probably has to do a lot with diets.
>>
File: _07A5050x-01.jpg (32KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
_07A5050x-01.jpg
32KB, 600x900px
Forge World plans to add all the old Rogue Trader stuff to the Horus Heresy, right? So when are we going to get Space Marine Riding Lizards?
>>
>>52487226
Diets, wars, immigration you name it.
>>
>>52487223
Fear is a spook.
>>
File: shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg (107KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
107KB, 500x313px
>>52487241
That was a thing?
>>
File: lizardriders.jpg (64KB, 611x453px) Image search: [Google]
lizardriders.jpg
64KB, 611x453px
>>52487284
Yep, it was an official model.
>>
File: 1481379663159.png (666KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1481379663159.png
666KB, 900x675px
>>52487301
Why did this stop being a thing?
>>
>>52487301
>>52487284
>>52487241
Waaaaaait.....is this a Grox Rider?
>>
>>52482330
>>52482384
I always figured it was pretty much Grixis in space.
>>
>>52482534
Because forests know not to mess with Primarchs anymore.
>>
>>52482534
On Catachan there's Catachan Devils, but on Barbarus there's just spooky scary necromancy
>>
File: comm.jpg (58KB, 461x960px) Image search: [Google]
comm.jpg
58KB, 461x960px
>>52487185
The Imperium is Human supremacist nationalism, friendo.

>>52487223
Curze still followed an ideal of 'justice', his own spook.

None of the primarchs are Stirner-tier, because they aren't redditor retards. I guess you could say Fulgrim when he went full hedonism, though.
>>
File: dark_angel_by_fonteart-d5v5t85.jpg (58KB, 762x1048px) Image search: [Google]
dark_angel_by_fonteart-d5v5t85.jpg
58KB, 762x1048px
>>52487359
True.
>>52487382
Which one is less dangerous?
>>
File: 4tnesg0.jpg (116KB, 875x1209px) Image search: [Google]
4tnesg0.jpg
116KB, 875x1209px
Traitors also had their own cavalry, it just wasn't as impressive.

>>52487338
Seems it didn't sell enough back in the day so they just stopped making it.

>>52487340
I'd figure it's something like what the Exodites ride.
>>
can anyone remind me if the ''''''traitor'''''' legions that headed to Istvaan V to reinforce Horus were in-the-know of what they were going to do there? like the common marine knowing he is going to massacre his cousins?
>>
>>52487394
>Which one is less dangerous?

You can befriend the necromancer and while Barbarus had poisonous gas I believe the people were accustomed to it. Meanwhile you can never get accustomed to carnivorous trees and exploding frogs actively trying to kill you.
>>
File: 1487662023504.png (116KB, 478x658px) Image search: [Google]
1487662023504.png
116KB, 478x658px
>>52487408
>metal model
>on top of horse with one point of contact with base
>>
File: EmperorsChildrenMarine.jpg (58KB, 343x504px) Image search: [Google]
EmperorsChildrenMarine.jpg
58KB, 343x504px
>>52487390
>I guess you could say Fulgrim when he went full hedonism, though.
And then some.
>>52487408
Just a horse? Huh. I expected some sort of daemonic pig horse.
>>52487434
But the Catachans love it.
>>
>>52487408
I wonder what those would look like in the style of The Emperor's Shadows.

>>52487461
To be fair, those old horses were quite thicc and the marine's sitting quite close to the leg.
>>
File: 1455420701777.jpg (154KB, 568x596px) Image search: [Google]
1455420701777.jpg
154KB, 568x596px
>>52487462
I just realized that the marine's arm is the tentacle. I swore all of this time it was coming out of the gun.
>>
File: 1486820242894.jpg (67KB, 569x445px) Image search: [Google]
1486820242894.jpg
67KB, 569x445px
Is using CSM 40K arms for MKV arms alright? Also thoughts on using CSM 40K shoulderpads instead of the shitty MKIV pauldrons?

Red shoulders are the BEST
>>
File: lizardman-release-2.jpg (242KB, 1547x768px) Image search: [Google]
lizardman-release-2.jpg
242KB, 1547x768px
>>52487301
>>52487338

SHUTUP IDIOTS

IT'S TIME TO BUY WHFB DINOSAURS AND PUT MARINE BIKERS ON THEM
>>
File: 1488039260090.jpg (26KB, 457x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488039260090.jpg
26KB, 457x480px
>>52487571
Now I remember why I love /hhg/. I would unironically do this.
>>
>>52487571
>shitty MS Paint shops
For what porpoise.
>>
File: deathguard1.jpg (70KB, 381x390px) Image search: [Google]
deathguard1.jpg
70KB, 381x390px
>>52487541
>tfw MkII/CSM style vambraces and MkVI greaves were universal across the board

Makes it easy to claim "I'm just doing it for the old aesthetics" while hiding behind my poorfaggetness.
>>
>>52487571
As I recall in one of the alternate Heresies out there they made an entire Legion of Dinosaur Riders called the 'Scale Bearers'.
>>
>>52482906

The 5e codex explicitly states that without webway travel the Necrons would be "doomed to isolation"- that rather flies in the face of intertia-less drives being capable of transporting them across the Galaxy in minutes. Has any fluff come out since that contradicts that?
>>
File: 1482967928988.png (103KB, 591x620px) Image search: [Google]
1482967928988.png
103KB, 591x620px
>>52487624
So the Word Bearers stopped bearing words and scared stealing the Sallies' look?
>>
>>52487601
Black Dragon biker? Cool, I miss the cursed founding rules...the whole design your own chapter/regiment stuff.
>>
>>52487624

"Dinogar...I am not a dinosaur. Please stop worshipping me."
>>
>>52487541
>liking red WB shoulders
More heretical than worshipping the Chaos gods desu senpai.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 220x229px
>>52487649
>>
>>52487645

Judge for yourself.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scale_Bearers
>>
File: 1482961249450.jpg (109KB, 613x640px) Image search: [Google]
1482961249450.jpg
109KB, 613x640px
>>52487697
>symbol is a triceratops
This is going to take a while.
>>
>>52487624
Alternate Horus Heresy stuff always reminds me of Sonic OCs.
>>
>>52487755

MASAKA! CORUDO-STEERU?!
>>
File: 1434880956741.png (182KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1434880956741.png
182KB, 500x374px
>>52487697
>>52487723
>Successors: Violet Serpents
>Battle cry: Ssstrike swiftly!
>>
File: new tucker.jpg (70KB, 300x435px) Image search: [Google]
new tucker.jpg
70KB, 300x435px
>>52487935
Which one of you mooks thought that up?
>>
>>52487755
At least most of it isn't Sonichu tier.
>>
>>52485072
What's wrong with that DA praetor?
They always have fancier, special armor. Plus the conversion is cool.
>>
Anon that purchased Missouri anon's recast world eaters here. First time interacting with recasts and it's rather entertaining that the quality is equal to GW finecast. Rather annoyed at the missing or ruined detail on many miniatures but that's why you have greenstuff.
>>
>>52485072

YOU CAN'T FOOL ME, LUFGT HURON
>>
>>52488635

NAH DUDE IT'S EVEN BETTER QUALITY THAN THE ORIGINALS! FUCKIN MORONS BUYING OVERPRICED FW SHIT FUCKIN REDSHIRT SHILLS
>>
>>52488741
Only reason to buy recasts is the lower price. FW resin is much better. I just want GW to make plastic MK2.
>>
>>52485515

>falchion

Twin linked D template is brutal but being a single scatter die dependent blast makes it somewhat unreliable

>glaive

The CHOOM king. Can absolutely shit on any non vehicle unit but once your opponent figures out how to position to minimize hits you'll find that it's just breddy gud.

And since it's in the picture

>fellblade

Very versatile, has enough templates to get a good amount of hits on one unit while still having the armorbane to punch through armor. Demolisher cannon is the cherry on top and never underestimate quad lascannons
>>
>>52486437

That sounds like your entire force, both primary and allied detachments
>>
How subtle was ADB with his usual Emperor-hate in MoM? Did he at least tried to hide it this time?
>>
new bred when
>>
>>52489791
when u bake it
>>
>>52479887
Holy fuck. Spotted the newfag.
>>
>>52489593

Apparently the Emperor came off as a dumbass and a Naruto character with instant teleports.
>>
>>52490605
>Forgetting how DBZ characters teleported all the goddamned time.
You watched the wrong chink cartoons
>>
>>52490605

I have some thoughts on this, but waiting until the next thread.
>>
>>52490657

Those weren't actually teleports, those were just moving at superhuman speeds. The Emperor was literally doing the "IM ACTUALLY RIGHT BEHIND YOU" anime trope.
>>
>>52490750
Goku learned a technique that was literally named "Instant Transmission"
>>
>>52487421
Just the grunts?
>Word Bearers
Absolutely, and they were raring to go.
>Night Lords
Yes, and they appeared to find it hysterical
>Meme Legion
It's heavily greentexted to be the case
>Iron Warriors
Pass, sorry.
>>
Are Pallas Grav Attack Squads worth it? Thinking of picking up 4 for two squads of two. Twin Linked Arachnus Blaze Cannons seems great?
>>
>>52491715
Anyone get the vibe that the Iron Warriors respected Pert but didn't really like him?

I noticed that while IW are tough as fuck they seem to really dislike a lot of people.
>>
>>52491751
why do you want those ugly little pieces of shit
>>
>>52491807
Because 4 BS 5 heavily armored land speeders with TL S8 Ap 1 at 48" with double penetrating hits sounds amazing.

>>52491751
Fucking do it.
>>
>>52491796
All the loyalist ones.
>>
Everyone is says Cataphractii needs wheels. But what about Sekhmet with a Librarian?
They have all have 2 wounds, 2+ armour, 3+ inv, and if you roll and get levitation they can get around.

Is this a bad idea or just meh you could do better idea. Because if it's meh I am going to do it.
>>
File: update on the 1st.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
update on the 1st.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>52478987
I am working on a Scorpius for my Salamanders, after having finished my first 10 tacticals. You're a real inspiration DGanon by the way.
>>
>>52491108

That was a rarely used FTL method. You were clearly alluding to the fight scenes in the context of the discussion where combatants would zip around each other on the battlefield, or you are retarded for confusing the two.
>>
>>52492332

A 3++ means little when they can still be templated and drowned in STR8 wounds
>>
>>52492332
>if you roll and get levitation they can get around.
the wheels are in your mind
>>
File: Disgust cat.gif (2MB, 275x154px) Image search: [Google]
Disgust cat.gif
2MB, 275x154px
>>52492332
>Any idea involving Sekhmets
It's BULLSHIT they have 2 wounds. They already have witchery in terminator suits, for Empra's sake.
>>
>>52492332
It's meh. Ideally you'd want a transport, but fishing for levitation is a valid option on them.
Move, levitate, run, if you have Ahriman you get a pre-game Scout move...you can potentially go some distance on just Turn 1.

The trick is giving your opponent choices between what he wants to erase.
>>
New bread
>>52492802
>>52492802
>>52492802
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 92

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.