[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Elder Things turn out to be real and contact The major nations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1480029979088.jpg (107KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1480029979088.jpg
107KB, 1024x683px
The Elder Things turn out to be real and contact The major nations of humanity, While their Antarctic mega city is going back on line. They are also reactivating sealed away facilities all over the planet, in plane view of several major cities. What happens? How could this make a fun game? Or is it not viable?
>>
>>52477737
>What happens? How could this make a fun game? Or is it not viable?

Public lapses into mass hysteria. Conspiracies theories about the government being in bed with aliens abound. Players have to go underground and off the grid to infiltrate alien facilities and government agencies.
>>
>>52477737
Are they or at least do they give the impression of friendliness?
>>
>>52477931
Kinda. It is a "You can work with us to speed this up, or will just ignore you but take longer."

They are offering tech and knowledge to leaders, if they work with them.
>>
>>52478005
>>52477931
So are there Deep Ones around as well?

It feels like there should be.

After centuries of being careful and discrete the Elder Things have dropped the charade and they just know it's only a matter of time before the drylanders start prodding around and find them.

Rather than wait to be found they also make official contact so as to do First Contact on their terms.
>>
>>52477737
Aren't they supposed to be angry xenophobic space anemones responsible for also making the Illithid- who are sometimes hinted to be an offshoot of mankind?
>>
>>52479170

The Elder Things were the only guys in the Cthulhu Mythos that humanity might reasonably get along with - excluding perhaps the Deep Ones, for a questionable value of "get along."
>>
>>52479183
To be fair, I can see ((Certain)) Transhumanists going all out and ruining everything, we've already predicted that multiple countries will seek out false flag narratives just because planatary exploration/Ayys show up in availability, it's been a massive hollywood narrative since forever.

I'd guess we'd get along because the Elder things are somewhat silly, but I really expect them to go fullblown creator species again when they pop over to Londons secret mad Science Bio-labs full of man/lizard hybrids when they start to tutor.
>>
Any other races that should be in this?

Great Race of Yith I'm going to guess not beyond a "passing through to inform you that you're fucked and there isn't any thing you can do about it" sort of way. and even then not in person so much as body hopping.

Shoggoths maybe.

They and the Elder Things, whats left of them, have come to a great understanding that consists of staying on opposite sides of Antarctica so they can spend the rest of time pretending the other doesn't exist.

Both claim R'lyeh as their holy ground where the tomb of the High Priest dead and dreaming is. Shoggoths have eternal orificehurt because Elder Things held on to the city.

Also Shub-Niggurath has been found/allowed itself to be found.

The question now is "why are they all dropping the charade?"

They can all feel something heading towards Earth and the one thing all of these things have in common with humanity is that they are all small fry mortal creatures and very, very mortal. Elder Things take a shot gun to the face (or equivalent) only slightly better than a human. And something is coming to Earth and given the nature of the universe it's very much more than likely that whatever is heading this way is not healthy.

It's unite or die time. For all their alien natures everyone present has a self preservation instinct.
>>
Human/Elder Thing coalition against the Deep Ones. Genocide fish people now.
>>
File: Antarctica stronk!.jpg (126KB, 1041x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Antarctica stronk!.jpg
126KB, 1041x1066px
>>52480408
REMOVE SUSHI
>>
>>52478726
Didn't one of the stories imply the Navy knew about the deep ones and were actively depth charging their cities?
>>
>>52485578

Shadow over Innsmouth, yeah, they torpedoed the Deep Ones. They also razed the town (literally burning and dynamiting it in places) and it's _heavily_ implied that they killed all of the "full-blooded" Innsmouthians they could find.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.