[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 36

File: 1460489373383.png (576KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1460489373383.png
576KB, 1024x576px
Previous thread: >>52461913
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/princes-gambit-joy-exalted-plans-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What's the oddest setting you've played in?
>>
File: VegasFreehold.png (394KB, 790x1044px) Image search: [Google]
VegasFreehold.png
394KB, 790x1044px
Anybody have our notes for the Las Vegas freehold? I got some time to work on it tomorrow.
>>
>>52474865
i've been trying to get a group together for a ww2 werewolf the apocalypse game! i guess it is not that weird?
>>
>>52474865
Played in a game where we made generric vampires in a mythic age, which turned into a 'play as Antediluvian, found a Clan, play as someone else's Clan in the end of the game'. Was totes awesome.
>>
>>52474931
sounds sweet
>>
>>52474941
IT was pretty boss. There were 8 of us, we ended up with a lot of interesting stuff. ST had made mechanics and costs to 'lock' Disciplines to yourself, outside of a few that were meant to be universal, so you could have NWoD-esque unique clan powers. I started out as a high humanity guy with an alteration of the Coils of the Dragon as a 'more human than human' angle of vampirism. And then my student and one of my first childer were killed, and I fell off the wagon and went full Metamorphosis with Vicissitude. Was fun stuff.
>>
>>52474931
>totes
>>52474941
>sweet
>>52475008
>boss

pls stop triggering me
>>
>>52475008
come to think of it it sounds like vampire conan hyborean age kek
>>
>>52474646

What kind of idiot mage doesn't prepare?
>>
File: Las Vegas Freehold.png (283KB, 1816x924px) Image search: [Google]
Las Vegas Freehold.png
283KB, 1816x924px
>>52474916
You should use 4plebs more.
>>
>>52475033
That was the point, I think. It was unique and fun. In the end, we played a final few sessions in the near-future age, each of us playing a clan/descendant of another player's ante.
>>
>>52475086
wow sounds epic
>>
>>52475030
but it would be totes sweet if we didn't have to boss
>>
>>52474865
My group's games that go off the rails often just become stupid settings. Like we infiltrated, took over and *became* the secret government in Mage and this weird espionage shit just turned into the daily life of the setting. Our setting was then a sea of suits secretly running the show under every door, and the objectives became the madness of trying to find actual specific people within that system who were intent on fucking everything up. Like the last part of the Thomas Crown Affair but all day.
>>
Dark Pack is back, for all your DP fanfic

http://www.white-wolf.com/community/
>>
File: 200px-Skier_Abra_Adventures.png (13KB, 200x142px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Skier_Abra_Adventures.png
13KB, 200x142px
>>52475137
>>52474865
>mfw I read a story about some people playing a tabletop game and doing something totally ridiculous in the context of the setting way too easily, and I know its completely impossible or at least very difficult and it was probably accomplished within a few sessions by very weak beings in the confines of the setting, but it doesn't matter because it was probably hilarious and a blast for those involved.
>>
>>52462610

Assloads of money and the key to the city. And you don't even have to sell out to the throne.

>>52463193
Old Changeling is really about growing old in a young man's fandom, and the Union is about to split between the euphorics and the fascists

>>52471523
Already did it with a Transhuman Engineer.

>>52472574
Symbols are inherently subjective and the supernal lies within. Dave's opinion is irrelevant.

>>52472789
There's an utterance that lets you smoke an archmage for 1000 years.
>>
I like runic tattoos on a womans skin so I think its one of the sexiest yantras
>>
File: qt thyrsus.png (329KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
qt thyrsus.png
329KB, 680x660px
Whats a good legacy or shadow name that would allow using barefoot as a yantra?
>>
>>52476164
its almost always a better question to ask "What spell would this be a good Yantra for"
>>
>>52476031
>There's an utterance that lets you smoke an archmage for 1000 years.

Dave mentioned that doesn't work anymore, and that the person who wrote that didn't know what he was doing.
>>
>>52476226
Machine Invisibility?
>>
>>52476031
>Dave's opinion is irrelevant.
Except he's the Developer for Mage, so his opinions are entirely relevant.
>>
>>52476164
>shadow name
Swift
>>
>>52476233
inb4 "WHERE MUH PROOF"
>>
>>52474865
So if mages are way more powerful than vampires, why did the Tremere even bother become vampires?
>>
>>52476332
Because Tremere was a phenomenal retard.

We've been over this.
>>
>>52476332
How many times has this been asked, and how many more times has it been answered?
>>
>>52476332
Because a power vampire made mage vampire like. Then the abyss got involved. It this whole mess.
>>
>>52476332
>oWoD
They were complete fucking retards

>nWoD
They aren't Vampires.
>>
File: Gate-Keepers-Invaders.jpg (50KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gate-Keepers-Invaders.jpg
50KB, 720x480px
Would Invaders more like Gulmoth or Acamoths?
>>
>>52476378
I thought the oWoD reason was that their magic was fading or some shit and they needed an alternative.
>>
OK so who want to do something productive. You know make things like when I first came here.

Who wants to make a

A) Vampire the Requiem 2E Bloodline.
B) Werewolf the Forsaken 2E Lodge.
C) Mage the Awakening 2E Lagacy.
???
>>
>>52476415
Somewhat, Tremere and his acquaintances found that their immortality potions were no longer as effective as they used to be. He attempted to reap the benefits of vampirism without any of the drawbacks.

He failed.
>>
>>52476031
>Symbols are inherently subjective and the supernal lies within
Where is that stated?

Because I'm pretty sure the Supernal Realms are their own things with set associations.

>There's an utterance that lets you smoke an archmage for 1000 years.
I wonder what kind of high that would give you.
>>
>>52476431
We've currently got a project where we're putting together a changeling freehold. But the more the merrier.
>>
>>52476431
I always wanted to make a Bloodline based on the Tzimisce.
>>
>>52476440
He made several other boneheaded decisions as well. For all his power Tremere was pretty damn dumb.
>>
>>52476461
I'm so down for helping making a freehold.

>>52476469
I don't know much about Tzimisce but I'll gladly give a hand.
>>
>>52476444
They are subjective to the viewer despite being set. The Watchtowers don't all look the same to the same person, for instance. It's like True Fae Arcadia but more intense with meaning.

The anon is flat out wrong about the utterance.
>>
>>52476410
Here's the question you need to ask:
Do they infest the physical world? Or the Astral?

If it's the former, Gulmoth.
If it's the latter, Acamoth.
>>
>>52476496
>It's like True Fae Arcadia but more intense with meaning
Only difference is that you can't drag individuals into it, because it's not an actual place and you would be instantly deleted unless you somehow spontaneously turned into an Archmaster.
>>
>>52476496
They're subjective to the viewer within a category of meaning.

Just because you see iron curved swords as being heavenly and divinely inspired doesn't mean you can use an obviously Mastigos tool as an Obrimos.

Unless of course you're using some other aspect of its meaning that you've been taught, such as an Arrow's consideration of weaponry as an Order Tool. Or the General's love of weapons.
>>
>>52476496
I already knew that they take different forms through an individuals perception, but I always thought that was a result of how they processed it, not them being inherently subjective.
>>
>>52476487
The quick summary is it's based on 'Beauty and the Beast' and it's set in Las Vegas.

There are 5 courts (Beauty, Beast, Gaston, Seneschal, and Rose).
Beauty, Beast, and Gaston have a procession on controlling and running the freehold. Rose court spends most of its time focused on the hedge and other mystical stuff while Seneschal aka 'furniture' has the inglorious task of running the tedious aspects of the freehold.

Ideas for contracts or anything else would be welcome.
>>
>>52476487
>I don't know much about Tzimisce
Neither do I.

I just think they're cool.
>>
>>52476565
I think the sword as a weapon would count, but the material itself and most other crude weapons are under the Mastigos purview. What other weapons would even signify greatness?
>>
>>52476631
Cruel weapons. Crude weapons are more of a Thyrsus thing.
>>
>>52476571
I'd imagine most of the actual tedious aspects of the Freehold are managed by glamoured or paid, unwitting mortals, simply due to the probable low membership of the Seneschal court.

Unless the sceneschal court is entirely made up of wizened, I can't imagine them being very happy of simply "serving" the Triumvirate.

Remember, despite their nature as servants, the castle staff served an incredibly important role, pushing Beauty towards the Beast, and helping her deal with his moods.

They don't just iron the shirts, restock ammo and ensure someone mows the law, they help deal with strife.
>>
>>52476600
I think we need someone with more experience with them. Or do you just like it's powers.
>>
>>52476294

He's the re-writer. You people need to seriously stop sucking his dick.
>>
>>52476631
>What other weapons would even signify greatness.
Staffs, rods and wands.
>>
>>52476631
spears
>>
ASPEL WHY YOU LEAVE!!!
>>
File: aspel.jpg (36KB, 570x410px) Image search: [Google]
aspel.jpg
36KB, 570x410px
>>52477347
>>
File: Aspel.png (267KB, 621x456px) Image search: [Google]
Aspel.png
267KB, 621x456px
>>52477378
>>
>>52477347
Would you prefer Aspel over magefags?
>>
>>52477455
Yes actually I would.
>>
File: Rose-CrossoverChronicles.jpg (305KB, 1350x618px) Image search: [Google]
Rose-CrossoverChronicles.jpg
305KB, 1350x618px
Rose teased the Crossover Chronicles during the Reddit AMA.

Huh?
>>
>>52477791
I don't even know what she meant by that. It won't even be released 'til like 2020 or something.
>>
>>52477791
But everybody is right though.

They might get the Crossover Chronicles, but it won't be what they want.
>>
>>52477857
I second this. You can't get what you want without deconstructing the various game-lines and the associated themes.

Perhaps she meant something different?
>>
>>52477791

Who's the main developer for the Crossover Chronicles?
>>
>>52477791
I bet that whole book will solely be about dumbing down any splat stronger than Requiem.
>>
>>52477920
Well it's likely to be inadequate, disappointing, and generally unsatisfying.

So my guess is your dick is developing it.
>>
>>52477933
>insulting any penis better than his own

You're a pathetic little maggot, aren't ya?
>>
>>52477942
I've sucked enough dicks to recognize inferior quality when I see it.
>>
>>52477791

That's hype-speak for "everyone is going to be angry, but in a good way".
>>
Be a mage seduce virgin girlfriend who is waiting for marriage. Turn back on scene so she's a virgin again. Win-Win right?
>>
File: seal.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
seal.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>52477948
>>
>>52477970
Mages do love to dick around like that.
>>
>>52477930
So everything other than Hunter or Promethean?
>>
>>52477993
Prometheans are pretty strong. Who cares about Hunter?
>>
>>52477930

Crossover Chronicles

Chapter 1 - Mages

Supremacy. Crossover not advised.
>>
>>52477978

>Sealllllllll
>>
>>52478013
So just one page?
>>
You guys need to realize that we'll all be old, cranky and possibly senile before the Chrossover Chronicle gets a goddamn preview.

Stop hoping. Earth will have been invaded by little green men by then.
>>
>>52478033
>So just one page?

The Mage material will only need a sidebar advising that mages are for mature players and crossover is not advised.
>>
>>52478045
>little green men

Which splat?
>>
File: pepe.png (515KB, 1051x912px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
515KB, 1051x912px
>>52478069
Pepe: The REEEEEEEEEEEEing
>>
File: Vtr2estorytellerscreen.jpg (199KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
Vtr2estorytellerscreen.jpg
199KB, 612x792px
>>52474865
holy fuck, I've been out of wod scene for years. how did those nwod 2e books turn out?
>>
>>52478110
Really really gay.
>>
>>52478110
I guess to put it diplomatically would be to say they're inclusive and diverse, but really it's SJW pandering. Also a lot of change for change's sake, especially in Mage.
>>
>>52478110
In VtR and WtF they made what used to be side-antagonists in 1ed into focus of the game
>>
>>52476431
I'm still trying to make not overpowered daywalkers and necromancy for Requiem 2e.
>>
>>52476431
I can try to brainstorm VtR bloodline since other than demon it's the only line I play.

Do you have anything particular in mind that you would want such bloodline to have?
>>
beep boop beep
>>
beep beep ima jeep
>>
Been rewatching some vampire films and currently on the start of Blade and I was wondering if vampires in either Requiem or Masquerade have something like that club in the beginning.

I know Masquerade had the Succubus club, but what about Requiem?
>>
>>52478110
Requiem and Forsaken 2e turned out quite nicely. The mechanical changes are good. NOt sure about Mage since I can give two shits there.
>>
So i thought of an interesting concept for starting a promethean the created game.

The player to your left at the table builds your attributes and skills and one skill speciality for your character. It highlights the whole "created by someone else to srrve a purpose aspect" of the game.
>>
>>52478110

Vampire 2e: pretty good, though some folks don't like the power boost and Strix being the marquee antagonists

Werewolf 2e: pretty good, though some folks don't like the faster healing or the preferred prey stuff.

Mage 2e: pretty good, though some folks think it's either too broken or not truly powerful enough.

Promethean 2e: A bit mixed, Wasteland and Disquiet were changed to make the game more playable, but people run hot and cold on the new power system and it has a lot more jargon than last edition.

Demon and Beast are new games in the 2e line. People like Demon, though some folks find it difficult to play or too far from the Christian mythological version to their liking. Very few people like Beast, it's their second worst PR bungle and even people who like it find it hard to create things to do for the splat.
>>
April's Fool is out.
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/208683/Scion-Frost-Giant-Butt-Warriors
>>
File: mayonnaise.png (452KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mayonnaise.png
452KB, 640x480px
What does it take to permanently kill a Mummy?

Assume their Cult has enough reach and enough relics to always bring them back, at least into another body if the original is destroyed.
>>
>>52480699

>What does it take to permanently kill a Mummy?

Brendan Fraser in his prime.
>>
>>52480705
Not the anon who asked, but I accept this answer.
>>
>>52480699

Kill the Mummy, kill their entire cult, make sure all their organ jars are destroyed, hope that they do not come back as a Shuankhsen because you will be fucked.

Alternatively, >>52480705
>>
>>52480705
>Brendan's divorce was orchestrated by an alliance of Mummy cults working together to brainwash his wife, the judges, the court clerks, his lawyer, and his children, all to take him down for their Masters' future awakenings
>>
>>52480822
It all makes so much sense.
>>
>>52474865
also come to think of it a werewolf the forsaken game set during the mythic age of father wolf / Pangaea would be cool
>>
>>52480769
See, that's an issue. We're in a post-masquerade setting, and the Mummy is the President of the United States. It's pretty safe to say that literally everyone on the planet knows his name, and his Cult is effectively the entire US government.

My question was serious, by the way. Is there any actual way to permanently, reliably, 100% guaranteed-gone-or-your-money-back end a Mummy? Apparently archmage fuckery won't work, if upthread is to be believed.
>>
Newbie anon here.

Reading the Blood book now. Interesting stuff. Can't say I remember seeing this much focus on the character build up/background in VtM.
>>
>>52481003

>his Cult is effectively the entire US government

Oh. That's terrifying.

I'll be perfectly honest with you: No. Even if you take the greatest possible care, there is still a chance that Ammut the Devourer will press the wandering spirit of the Mummy into her service, upon which he'll come back as a Shuankhsen and probably subvert the entire government into a cannibalistic death cult to appease his new master's hunger.

Archmage fuckery can work, but you'd need to give them a very, very good reason to break the Pax Arcana for it, and you would have to hope that you're backing an Archmage powerful enough to take down all the other ones, and that the resulting war doesn't just destroy all of reality.

Your best bet is to put him to sleep, and then try to exorcise the cult from the government under the guise of a peaceful transition of power.
>>
>>52480969
>He doesn't know about Dark Eras
>>
>>52481003
>>52481179
I could swear Book of the Deceived had a power that would work perfectly here. Some kind of instant word of destruction that completely erases an Arisen from Duat. It's like the most end-game thing in a book meant for NPCs, so good luck using it in-game, but it should do.
>>
>>52478833
I got no bloodline in mind but it looks like >>52478483 does.
And while there are a couple ways to go around in day light most has to do with Ordo Dracul.
So a Day Walker Bloodline and Necromancer Bloodline. Let's start on the Daw Walker.
>>
>>52481312

The True Name magic of the Decieved could do it and there is that power, but that would involve getting a high level Decieved to get on board and not murder you. It'd be slightly easier than getting an Archmage to do it, I suppose.
>>
>>52481489
Finding an archmage that would be willing to talk to you would be an entire chronicle.
>>
>>52481354
The main idea I had for my daywalkers was making them "inbred" Ventrue. An alternative is to make them non-Kindred vampires, like the Jiang Shi, taking away the Ventrue curse and one discipline.
The Sternberg, the Thin Blue Bloods.
Clan: Ventrue
Bloodline Disciplines: Animalism, Dominate, Obfuscate, Resilience
Gift of the Daywalker: Sunlight is but a minor inconvenience for the Sternberg. They take 1 point of lethal damage per 30 minutes of exposure. They do not suffer from the Lethargic condition like other vampires: while they must roll to remain awake, all their dice pools are capped by their Humanity and may never spend Vitae to use Disciplines when active during the day.
Curse of Thin-blooded: In addition to the Aloof Curse, all Sternberg suffer from two banes, both derived from their weak blood. All have the Open Wounds Bane, which counts toward the three banes a vampire is allowed, and they may never raise their blood potency above 1 without resorting to Diablerie or other dangerous occult means. They are also considered anathema by most of the Lancea et Sanctum and the Circle of the Crone, who view them as non-Kindred, and are actively hunted by the Ordo Dracul.
Concepts: sickly part-timer, beleaguered enforcer, amateur biologist, visionary family head, ghoul handler.
>>
>>52481003
Get something from beyond our plain of mortal existence to put the mummy potus on its shitlist.
>>
What would change if there were only the Sabbat and no camarilla? (camarilla has existed briefly, but was quickly destroyed by the Sabbat.)
>>
Can a pair of vampires, who drank each other's blood and thus blood bonded to at least the first or second level of Vinculum actually function in-game or do they become completely obsessed with each other and thus useless to other players?

Requiem related.
>>
>>52481947
The Inquisition never ends, as vampires keep being psychotic monsters. Eventually mortals at large become aware of them, and then things get really ugly for the Sabbat.
>>
>>52481947
Seeing how retarded Sabbat are, they'd have blown the masquerade in a few years and a second Inquisition would have been called.
>>
You're told to make a sequel to Bloodlines, this time including ALL the clans plus caitiff.

How do you pull of their curses and powers?
>>
>>52482032

Tzimisce get to be the only Clan to actually customize their character when starting the game, all the others are presets that you can't alter.
>>
>>52481624
It seems like your trying to recreate the Thin Blood from masquerade. Now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, but i think Revenant would be a better start for that.
>>
Is Fog of Eternity gone in 2e?

And if so, does that mean there's more reliable accounts on how vampires were like thousands of years ago?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-01-11-09-25.png (804KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-01-11-09-25.png
804KB, 1080x1920px
>>52481972
>>
>>52482627
Yes. It'll covered in a Thousand Years of Nights.
>>
>>52482632

Well, shoot. I was hoping to use this in a future game. Not going lovey dovey, but as a kind of side thing, that no one would know about.
>>
>>52482666
It doesn't have to be lovey dovey. Human's can show deep affection in often bizarre ways what's to say a vampire can't.
>>
>>52478110

Are you a genderqueer amoeba? Do you think owls are super scary? Then you'll love them!
>>
>>52482644

Sweet! When is that estimated to release?
>>
>>52482721
Nope sorry all I can say is it in Art Direction. And contracts have started. No idea when it'll come out.
>>
>>52480449
Harmony is my favorite morality stat so far and I wish Wisdom worked that way, threading the needle between hubris and detachment

I hate the new take on centamani, And prommies are supposed to be in a really shit situation. They decided to make humanity more desirable by nerfing their weaknesses.

Beast needs serious fucking revision. As it is, I'd rather put in the effort to make Heroes a full splat and play that, borrowing ideas from Old Hunter and Princess (yeah, you heard me right.) to make it work.

I'm glad Demon doesn't lean on Jebus Pleebus too hard :Tips fedora:

>>52480699
Grind up the inert mummy, mix it with cocaine and snort it. That's what Ashwood Abbey was planning in my last mage session.

>>52481972
Circle loves it, Ordo hates it. Not sure about the others.
>>
>>52482814

>Circle

Eww, disgusting.
>>
Is there any particular Clan or Bloodline in VtR that has some ties to the Balkans area?

So far, I've only come across the Mystikoi, who hail from Albania.
>>
File: United_Nations_Security_Council.jpg (690KB, 2824x1417px) Image search: [Google]
United_Nations_Security_Council.jpg
690KB, 2824x1417px
Alright all, Its the DM anon who let 3 of his four players be hunters and the 4th be an immortal. Immortal player has proposed an idea where his character goes around to the other supernatural characters in the city we are set in and unify them in some sort of council against the humans. Think like Fabletown from Fables or the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen? Any suggestions to go about this? Pic tangentially related.
>>
>>52483005

Pretty sure the Gangrel are mentioned in the VtR 1e core to have originated in east europe. It's not super-anchored there or anything, but you could work from that.
>>
>>52483177

Or maybe it was Mekhet
>>
>>52482032
I tell the person who gave me the mandate to include ALL Clans to rightly fuck off. If you want a game that succeeds like Bloodlines did it's because of story, not because of the PC options. Tell them I will do a Cam 7 Camarilla game, a combo Anarch game with some unusual stuff like Lasombra and Gargoyles, or a Sabbat game with all that entails. But nothing else. Because your game will be shit if it ignores the setting.
>>
>>52482721
Probably 2020+ judging by how the last Requiem book, Secrets of the Covenants, took forever.
>>
>>52483348
Also, expect Ancient Egyptian transgender vampires, Sumerian anti-slavery crazies and Ancient Greek fuccbois. That or a lot of in-character fiction that doesn't actually do anything and have untested, crazy Elder powers.
>>
>>52483348
>>52483398

Was Secrets of the Covenant that bad?
>>
File: 131419.jpg (51KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
131419.jpg
51KB, 612x792px
>>52482814
>I'm glad Demon doesn't lean on Jebus Pleebus too hard :Tips fedora:

Yeah, same here. I'm actually really satisfied the way Demon is presented as a sort of Cold War/espionage thing. I'll be damned if I could explain it to someone, though.
>>
>>52483490
In my opinion, yes. It was a bunch of 'here's stuff about the Covenants told through in-game perspective' such as an interview with a character, or a Carthian 'zine. And the mechanics were not really well-tested. It didn't do anything to address, really, the changes the Covenants have mentioned in the 2e Corebook from their old incarnations. A lot of us expected a book that was pared-down covenant books spliced together, and all we got was fiction and shit mechanics.

I don't expect any better from ATYoN.
>>
>>52483521
Why are you surprised? The NWoD doesn't treat Abrahamic God as a default, or as a setting concern.
>>
>>52483584
Who wrote it/ who was head dev for that?
>>
>>52483612
Rose Bailey developed it, as she's the developer for the line. The writers were Rose Bailey, Benjamin Baugh, Joshua Alan Doetsch, Liz Grushcow, David A Hill Jr, Steffie de Vaan, Eddy Webb, Filamena Young
>>
>>52483666
I wonder if David Hill already filled Changeling 2e with awful sidebars or if that will all be on Rose.
>>
>>52483682
Who knows. I'm sure there'll be something hyper-leftist in Changeling 2e. Maybe revolving around Nazi-punching. His twitter is a fucking trainwreck. Hell, this whole game line is a fucking trainwreck anymore. Years to develop and write books (especially on things people kickstarted, like Wraith20... how long has that been developing?) I really hope when NuWW gets their shit in order, they cut their contracts with OPP and hire other people to develop CofD/NWoD stuff.
>>
>>52483709
I'd expect wraith 20 somewhere around its 25th anniversary and Changeling 2e sometime around when WhiteWolf Publishes 5e Dreaming.
>>
>>52483832
Won't happen. OPP won't be publishing, directly, any WoD stuff after WW gets going on 5th Editions. They'll fulfill their X20 contracts and then nothing else developed directly by them (though likely WW will hire some of their freelancers, assuming any of them are willing to work with WW since Zak S. is going to be writing for WW on the 5th Edition of Vampire at least).
>>
>>52483886
You think they'll kill the effectively free revenue stream of CofD?
>>
>>52483931
Nah, OPP just wouldn't be developing new WoD books. I am hopeful we'll get some more quality control on content on CofD though.
>>
>>52483832
I don't think Wraith 20 will take that long, it's slow but nowhere near Exalted levels of slow.
>>
>reading about HtR
>reading about the Innocent creed

Holy shit, that one guy got his legs pulled off by a female vampire, but he's just moping and aching for her because she's the first girl even to ever fuck him. This is hilarious. How the fuck did those hunters ever survive?
>>
>>52484471
Lol what? Please tell me your joking.
>>
>>52484605
He's not. Basically it was a contact gone bad from Friendly fire interference
>>
>>52484605

Not at all.

The guy is called Bookworm55 on Hunter-Net. His first encounter with the hidden, which is what he calls the supernatural, is seeing some dead girl whose corpse rose up and talked about her killer. Then he meets someone he calls a warlock, i.e. a mage, who talks openly about all sorts of shit to him. After that, he met Phaedra, a vampire (not sure which Clan/bloodline), at a bookstore, who also talked openly about vampire shit with him. But he was hanging out with some other hunters, who were actually doing the hunting bit and just using him as an information source, and one day they followed him and his vampire girlfriend, tried to kill her. Sending one guy guaranteed it a failure, but she thought he betrayed her, so she pulled off his legs.

Apparently she then has some pang of conscience, drags him out in the street, arranges an ambulance to pick him up, gives him some money and pays his medical bills. So naturally, the guy is bitter for a while, but then still afterwards pangs after her and tries to track her down.
>>
>>52483978

>More quality control from groinsblood

Nope.
>>
>>52482605
They look a bit like the thin bloods, mostly because I've tried to make them balanced. Revenants won't work, since they aren't "full" vampires (no blood bonds, throwing up all your blood each night) and they are still vulnerable to sunlight. Making them inbred weaklings seems to fit if they're Ventrue.
>>
File: Innocent.png (3MB, 1488x2127px) Image search: [Google]
Innocent.png
3MB, 1488x2127px
>>52484605
>>52484675
>>
>>52483931
I think it's possible. I mean, how many vampire games do you think the modern RPG market can support without cannibalizing each others' profits?
>>
>>52483141
I'm not sure what the Immortal has against humans to try and establish a supernatural alliance against them, but this seems to be something that would probably backfire heavily. Vampires have no desire to disturb the herd, Werewolves, some Pure especially, might be able to be persuaded. Mages would, if they're not a certain kind of Scelesti, possibly even shoot the Immortal on sight, Prometheans are too rare, Changelings would be horrified, and to Demons, it would be too much of a security risk.

Although I guess, since you're playing Hunter, the monster may not be as civilised. Still, the question is whether you really want such an amount of inter-party conflict. If yes, I'd advise giving this alliance some sort of common purpose: they want to fuck up humans, but why exactly, and why should sorcerers and bloodsuckers work together to that end?
>>
>>52483141
HAHA
I was actually in a game where someone tried this.
We were playing mostly vamps except for Mr beast and a Geist
The city was seeing a raid by a hunter compact on the supernatural population.
Mr Beast wanted a unified UN with the other supes. We(the players) tried to tell him that could only work on the small scale with minor contacts and small time cooperation.
The geist just wanted to be a cowboy with the dead poesy(vamps). The vamps laughed it down, because losers getting ganked by hunters actually helped even out the feeding situations. The mages doubled down on the paranioa, because their Spy games were firing off again. So it was a non starter
>>
What does every splat wear at bedtime? Mages get the bathrobes, that much is easy. Are werewolves going to bed in onesies?
>>
>>52485437
I don't know enough about fetishwear to really have an idea on vampires. Like do you take the leather off when you go to sleep or does it stay on? Maybe that's just Sabbat. Cammies probably wear softer fetishwear like revealing teddies.
>>
>>52485437
>>52485466
Hunters wear flannel trenchcoats at bedtime
>>
>>52480705
>>52480769
>>52480822
>What does it take to permanently kill a Mummy?
>Brendan Fraser in his prime.

Brendan is a has-been. You now have to contend with Tom Cruise and his Scientology minions.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movie/the-mummy-2017#/slide/1
>>
>>52483141
It's never satisfying, I've played in two such games.
>>
>>52485505

That the busted audio IMAX version of the trailer has been DCMA'd to Duat is truly the worst thing a Mummy's Cult has ever done.
>>
>>52480699
A Master could Unmake an Arisen, permanently.

Archmastery would be overkill.
>>
>>52485753
But you can't even target souls like that with the lower dots of Arcana.
>>
>>52485437
Changelings go to bed in the onesies.
Werewolves wear pajama bottoms and go topless.
Mages use sleeping caps, goofy slippers and full pajama wear.
Vampires have all the bathrobes. What's under the bathrobe ranges from nothing to thongs to pants, depending on clan.
Hunters sleep in ditches or churches. I don't think they have bedwear.
Demons have buttflap PJs.
>>
>>52485801
>lower dots
Unmaking is five dots, not low at all. Death can destroy souls completely, or worse.
>>
>>52485839

"Magic cannot directly influence the Descent or permanently destroy a Mummy."

Dark Eras Companion, "Princes of the Conquered Lands", pg. 138

Sekhem explicitly guards the Arisen soul from being fucked with.
>>
>>52485901
Hmmmm, interesting. I guess only Archmastery will suffice, or just be cruel and lock down the Arisen for all eternity.
>>
>>52485901
>>52485959

"Generally speaking,magic cannot manipulate innate, template-granted abilities including Sekhem, but Archmasters might defy this restriction — sparking conflict with the Judges in the process."

Dark Eras Companion, p. 138 (introduction of entire section dealing with Mages Affecting Mummies).

In any event, even without archmastery, magic can certainly fuck with mummies in the long term well short of their permanent destruction. As a practical matter, are fates such as trapping a mummy's body outside of time and space much different than permanent destruction?
>>
>>52486247

A Judge versus Archmaster of Death battle would be quite a sight.
>>
>>52486320
The Judges are flat-out gods, meaning their rank and standing are without change. An Archmaster has the advantage of growing in power, so It would depend on the Seeker in question.

Epic yes, but I would give it to the Archmaster. If Spirit 9 is enough to enslave gods of the Shadow, one has to wonder what they can do to the Judges using Death, Pax not withstanding.
>>
>>52486247

Considering that Mummies might be outside space and time already depending on what exactly the Rite of Return is, that might be more difficult than you think.

If you want to deal with a Mummy, you either need an Archmaster willing to fight the Judges and probably other Archmasters, in the case of what set off this discussion, or try to find and convince a Decieved with a specific Utterance and their temakh to listen to you, not try to murder you, and also take down that Arisen.
>>
>>52486401
>Considering that Mummies might be outside space and time already

That's leaning more closely to theory than fact, so It's not relevant at all. Banishing and eternally torturing an Arisen is not out of the question, not at all.
>>
>>52486401
It sounds like you want mummies to be immune to everything capable of hampering them, which just isn't the case here. There's nothing preventing mages or demons from eternally fucking them over.
>>
>>52486371
How can they enslave gods, exactly?
>>
>>52486511
Is there anything stopping their cult from just resurrecting them again?
>>
>>52486538
Imperial Practice of Transfiguration, limited Omnipotence over the specific Arcanum for a duration, which cannot be extended yet has permanent results, if you so choose.

>>52486551
Not if they're trapped in limbo.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WB2L5LB2XY

>>52486538
I don't really care about sides here. but I love this song
>>
>>52486585
If you were smart you would join the Mage Supremacist Movement.
>>
>>52486476
>>52486511

Quit jumping to conclusions, I have no interest in playing the power wanking game, only what might be an actual GM call might be in a game, and what loopholes they might have and use.

Mummies have some capability to live outside out time and space because they've been subjected to a ritual that might have broken both, as Book of the Decieved and Sothis Ascends implies. That puts a potential narrative wrinkle in things. It's not a slam dunk situation but it's enough space for ST shenanigans to rear its head.

>>52486570

Ah, but what about all Magic affecting a Mummy being nullified when they begin a new Descent? An Archmage can overcome that but again, remember, we don't know if our Mummy President fighting friends have access to an Archmage or could have one. Master level magic must obey this limitation.

The Demon route seems more viable. Stuffing a Mummy in a no-twilight Bolthole might do the trick, but you'd still need to kill off the Cult for good measure.
>>
>>52486669
>mummyfaggot
>>
>>52486669

Master-level mages are more than capable of imprisoning things outside of time and space.

Non-archmages might not be able to permanently destroy a mummy, but they can certainly put him out of commission as effectively unreachable for a VERY long time.

Tracking down and killing cult members wouldn't even be a minor challenge.

I'm curious how the Seers and their Exarch masters would feel about an Arisen American President.
>>
>>52486669
Your whole post comes across as "I dun' want mages & demons to punk muh mummies" whilst treating splat speculation as something relevant.
>>
>>52486783
The mummy President scenario wouldn't even be a possibility, to be honest. It just wouldn't.
>>
>>52486669

It feels like in mummy you're playing your cult as much as you're playing the risen
>>
>>52486829

But what if a Russian cell of Network Zero fixed the election?
>>
File: MageObrimos.jpg (96KB, 540x587px) Image search: [Google]
MageObrimos.jpg
96KB, 540x587px
>this shit again
>>
>>52486860
Ssshhhhhh, anon.
>>
>>52486792

>Mages might have some more challenges than you think based on recent crossover and latter material in the antagonist line that an ST might take advantage of
>A Demon might be able to skip these difficulties and exile the antagonist
>How dare you! You're just playing splat favoritism

Some Arisen can travel through the Sothic Turns. It's a potential narrative loophole to bring an antagonist and a potential difficulty. Since we don't know how much the ST knows about Mummies, it's at least something to keep in mind. I don't doubt that a Mage can overcome this, but it still exists, especially if the PCs in this scenario only have access to NPC Mages.

Again, it might actually be "easier" to find a Demon to shove the Mummy into a Bolthole with No Twilight. Mummies need Twilight for a lot of their Descent functions, they see it as a physical plane that they go to. A Mage could do the same thing for certain, but a Demon almost always has access to a Bolthole, and if I recall, No Twilight is pretty cheap.

Of course, all of this gets harder when you assume that they actually have to find Mages and Demons. Even in a no masquerade version of the CofD setting, I'd imagine both splats still wouldn't be super public.

>>52486829

Yeah, that's what's weird about it. Mummies are good at slipping into other cultures but one successfully pulling off the American Electoral system? That's either one savvy Mummy or the US in that game is an even more hellish place than our own.
>>
Yo /wodg/, I'm going crazy trying to find a pdf link for V20 Tal'Mahe'Ra.
Help an anon out?

In return I offer much discussion about Werewolf the Apocalypse for anyone interested, as long as I am lurking and until someone drags it down into an argument about eugenics/sexual abuse/bestiality
>>
>>52486669
>claims mummies are immune to two of the ten arcana

Yeaaahhhhhhh....
>>
>>52487070
>V20 Tal'Mahe'Ra

Here you go.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mjycdu
>>
>>52487197
Thank you based anon
>>
>>52487071

"An ST can theoretically pull an Arisen out of his ass thanks to X power, especially if they've gone so far as making them the President and their cult the US government" is hardly "immune to two of the ten Arcana".

It's not question of whether or not the Mage can pull it off. Pulling off amazing things is what Mages do. The question is "how easy is it gonna be, and is there an easier option that's harder to find a loophole?" The difficulty increases slightly when the PCs aren't Mages with the right specs, and have try to depend on NPC Mages.

Of course, if it all does ends up being down to ST fiat for NPCs, I might as well just throw my hands up cause all bets would be off, and a garden variety Hunter might just kick President Mummy in the dick and be done with it.
>>
>>52487071
I don't think anon meant immune, but I also think he/she is exaggerating a few things.

Mummies are not excused from being imprisoned, and mages are the best at imprisoning various 'things'.
>>
>>52487265
>garden variety Hunter might just kick President Mummy in the dick

Hunters will never never get past the werewolves in the President's Secret Service detail.
>>
>>52487265

It's a good thing that Mages excel at finding loopholes, arguably more so than any other supernatural.
>>
Where is DaveB when you need him?
>>
>>52487330

PC Mages sure can! Mage NPCs could be a crapshoot, since ST fiat and we already have something completely ridiculous like President Mummy. I would hope the ST would play honestly, but again, President Mummy.

When I'm talking about loopholes, I'm talking about ST loopholes. If the ST is actually throwing President Mummy as an antagonist, they're probably going to at least attempt to make sure the conflict isn't an one-and-done on both sides.
>>
>>52487470

From the AMA, it would seem like he's putting the finishing touches on the Deviant proposal.

By the by, if you'd like to write for Deviant, you might want to throw in your submission now: theonyxpath.com/submission-guidelines/
>>
... Has anyone else had a ST who really just seems to sell Mages short?

First the had a bunch of SWAT guts take out like, the entire fucking Consilium, with only a little bit of a spatial lockdown in effect, and portals to take them where they needed to. Then had the Mysterium Caucus's Hierophant (who was a Thyrsus) taken out by one Hunter with a needle full of... Something.

Then even after we re-wound time to try and deal with the entire situation, he had (behind the scenes) the "mind controlled" Hierarch take out all but like 6 members of the Consilium in less than 24 hours.

I'm all for Mages getting geeked from their own hubris or poor planning. But really? Killing pretty much the entire Consilium, twice? With no problems, nobody escaping, or even managing to get word out?

I despise the whole "only the PCs and major NPCs get to be competent" style of game.
>>
>>52487581
>... Has anyone else had a ST who really just seems to sell Mages short?

Not me, but the above mummyfaggot is probably one of those turds.
>>
>>52487581

How did a SWAT team take out an entire Consilium meeting?

Heck, Forces 2 alone can render mages immune to firearms, and every mage has reflexive mage armor.

Was this the Short Bus Consilium?
>>
>>52487581
That kind of thing happens. You should see the way vampfags on other forums try to spin mages as being less than they are.
>>
>>52487059
I fail to see how demons are better than mages when it comes to screwing something over for all time. If anything, a mage would be a harder opponent for a mummy to stand off against.
>>
>>52487640
You would also think that all the Adepts and Masters there would decide "hey this is an emergency" and let the vulgar spells fly while opting to contain the paradox.

There's also the matter of how they even got ambushed in the first place. What kind of Consilium doesn't have wards and guardian spirits or bound ghosts watching their meeting places? Or even mages on guard duty?
>>
>>52487581

I assume this was a Hunter chronicle, and the PC's were protected with Plot Armor(tm) and/or the ST had no idea about Mage powers.

If the ST has to make a group of a particular splat all retarded gimps to help the PC's win, it tells you all you need to know.
>>
>>52487696
>What kind of Consilium doesn't have wards and guardian spirits or bound ghosts watching their meeting places? Or even mages on guard duty?

I assume every Acanthus and member of the Adamantine Arrow were "out of town" for this particular Consilium meeting.
>>
>>52487735
>>52487696
This is fucking bullshit. why didn't the white council who about the mole in the accounting department? It so much fucking crap that the black council was able to sneak in a blackness monster into homebase over twenty years. After twenty years they WOULD have caught the fucking rat and skin him alive.

I mean we all agree Jim Butcher is a hack st
>>
>>52487735
>they all mysteriously won trips to vacation destinations
Truly it was a mastermind behind this attack.
>>
>>52487581

Mages are most paranoid about other mages. Consilium meeting should not only have incomparable security, but the individual mages in attendance will similarly have defenses measures ready to go.

Attacking a Consilium meeting or Order Caucus should be suicide by mage to anything less than an powerful archmage or actual god.

In the unlikely event that a human SWAT team knew of and could find the meeting, they shouldn't have been able to breach the perimeter wards and guardians. The mages should have also known about the attack well in advance and/or have slaughtered the interlopers like we would crush an ant.
>>
>>52487696
I had to literally hear them on the floors above us, turn on Outward and Inward eye, and then verbally inform the Consilium we were under attack.

>>52487714
Mage Chronicle. I think he just decided all the NPC Mages were super fucking pleb Gnosis 1 chumps. Or pacifists or something. Really there were only 2 NPCs with any established personality, and one was pretty much "he's a libertine, and he likes money".

>>52487735
I fucking wish. I don't think the GM really considers how the ability to use Magic for even the most mundane, or useful forecasts of the future would make people change their behaviour.
>>
>>52487794

The mole was a White Counsel wizard, not a human SWAT team,

Also, that particular plot line did require an ample level of disbelief.
>>
>>52487735
This anon pretty much tells you why shit like that is stupid. For this to ever be a possibility, every single acanthus in the area need to spontaneously cease to exist. Either that or their abilities need to just not work anymore. So 1/5 of mage society, including anyone else who's studied Fate/Time, need to just not be present or relevant for this scenario to work.
>>
>>52487794
Wizards in the Dresden Files are more narrow in scope than ones from Awakening or Ascension. They don't have as many information gathering techniques while mages in Awakening have entire Practices dedicated to just that.

Kind of necessary, since it's a mystery series.
>>
>>52487811
Yeah, you would think that a human SWAT team would just be stumped by the defenses they put up for the Seers of the Throne.
>>
>>52487660

"Easier" doesn't mean "better". It just means "easier".

This isn't about power levels, this is about overcoming narrative loopholes that an ST might use in a completely gonzo scenario like the one presented.

>>52487833

Oof. It seems like they want to run a Vampire game more than they would a Mage game. A Domain could be wiped out like that, but nothing about that scenario makes any sense at all, even if the Consillium was totally new or something.

Are you having fun? Maybe the ST needs to run something else and then come back to Mage later.
>>
>>52487846

The Acanthus thing just provides notice to the mages.

Even without it, how does a human SWAT team present even a small threat to an entire Consilium meeting. It wouldn't be a threat to a single drunk Obrimos or Moros Adept, no less a large group of mages, some of whom presumably were adepts and masters and combat trained.
>>
>>52486401
You don't need to be an Archmage to utterly destroy a Mummy 1v1. A prepared Master is a direct counter to absolutely anything they've specifically prepared for.
If the Arisen truly are outside of space and time, then they should be even more fucked when the Awakened are involved.

Being nigh-unkillable is quite literally a ticket for something far worse than death. The ancient dead man is going to endure an eternity of hell.
>>
>>52487882
>Are you having fun?
Every session is basically "the Acanthus Cop and Mastigos Criminal make the plans and suggest what they think people will do in response, then the ST says yes or no".
>>
>>52487881
>Yeah, you would think that a human SWAT team would just be stumped by the defenses they put up for the Seers of the Throne.

With just one Mastigos Disciple, the entire SWAT team should have immediately returned to base and reported, "those weren't the perps we were looking for."

I assume this scenario occurred in some alternate reality CofD, and SWAT was actually a Special Weapons and Thaumatury team.
>>
>>52487946
So since I'm the Mastigos Criminal, and I get to wear my tinfoil hat and come up with increasingly insane (albeit possible) theories for everything, I'm having fun.

But I'd really prefer a bit (scratch that, a LOT) more interactivity.
>>
>>52487971
>Mastigos Criminal

Does your mage have a large mustache? Does he twirl it while laughing maniacally?
>>
>>52487971

Ok, cool. Then yeah, it's time to talk with your ST about this. See if your fellow players feel the same, and try to hash out a pre-session discussion.
>>
>>52487840
>Dres
>Peabody
Actually it made sense most of the old stuffies knew everything about the arcane arts, but almost nothing about modern administration. It was a pretty good blind spot. And at the very least he was totally against the Wcounsel and funneling intell to the Bconsel since at least the war began. Which caused a shit ton of losses

It was a combination of forces working against the Wcounsel. Which proved like in any other spy game Intell and information are key
>>
>>52487903
Aren't mages, mummies & demons the three strongest playables, with the archmages as the absolute strongest?

How will deviants compare?
>>
>>52488033

They're explicitly going to be one of the weaker splats in terms of power level. Dave's been pretty clear on this.
>>
>mages
Mage is a game about asking the right questions

Above Anon's problem lies with the ST and not the game state
>>
>>52488064

I believe Dave also mentioned that Deviants have the potential for high power levels, but it will be balanced with inherent limitations and higher powered conspiracies hunting them.

For instance, you might be the Hulk, but you have SEVERE anger management issues that prove deadly to friends, allies and all local property, and you're hunted by the entire US government.
>>
>>52487903
The above mummyfaggot was an idiot, just ignore him/her.
>>
>>52488171
No one cares about your egyptian fetish atamajakki
>>
>>52488171

>If there could be a difficulty that could happen to my favorite splat, the person who brought it up must be a rabid fan of another splat

I'll never understand people who get overly attached to a splat like this.
>>
>>52483521
Just say "its like the matrix but the biblical metaphors are literal now"
>>
>>52487903
Here's a question; what would be the cruelest possible way to imprison something nearly impossible to kill, in this case mummies? Mages specialize in imprisonment, but what's something risking Wisdom loss?
>>
>>52488157

That and you might end up going full Tetsuo if you totally lose control.
>>
>>52488264
same question but for Geist
>>
>>52488256
I think it was more so the assumption that mummies were somehow untouchable via two Arcana, based on something too vague to mean anything.
>>
>>52483682
Depends, given that rose bailey is taking over. Core book will probably have some occasional incongruity but since thr VtR core book is more or less godtier as a core book i feel little need to worry
>>
>>52488264
Lock the mummy outside time and space, using Time and Space? Slowly go mad from being left alone with only your thoughts.

Ever read The Jaunt by Stephen King?
>>
>>52488281

That seems like something you assumed, rather than something that actually happened. I get that power level debates make people trigger happy, but "that might be more difficult" isn't "They're completely immune".
>>
>>52488317
Do you want Mad Ones?
Cause that's how you get mad elder ones
>>
>>52488338

The Anon suggested that mummies exist outside of time and space, and therefore could not be imprisoned with Time and Space.

That not making something "more difficult," it presuming an effective immunity to two Arcana.
>>
File: grin.gif (2MB, 294x210px) Image search: [Google]
grin.gif
2MB, 294x210px
>>52488338
>even headness on 4chan
right
>>
>>52488387
I'm not sure if that dog is happy or annoyed.
>>
>>52477970
That's probably going to hit your Wisdom really hard.

>>52478483
What's overpowered about daywalking exactly?

>>52480699
Why not just seal it in a can forever?

As a side note, is there any fluff on what exactly happens when you mix magic with black holes in World of Darkness? Theoretically, the g forces on a super-massive black hole can be very gentle at the event horizon so it should be possible to trap a creature in a super-massive black hole without killing it. But maybe black holes are portals to other universes or something in WoD lore?
>>
>>52488378
It was probably atamajakki, a well known Mummy whore.
>>
>>52488439
>black holes
I think there are gates in space according to one supplement about making NWoD a space opera game, but I don't believe black holes do anything special in that.
>>
>>52488378

Again, that seems like it's jumping to conclusions rather than what was actually said. It's not a presumption of immunity, it's something akin to "hey, it might need more effort than a simple Time/Space spell to pull off". A Mage might at least have to poke into the mystery of the Rite of Return or something to banish them and have it stick. Then again, they might not, depending on how people want to play Mage, but passing up the opportunity for a Mystery in a Mage game feels wrong to me.

I get that people are tired of people selling Mages short, but then you get shit like this >>52488440 where it seems like people are assuming that others are always trying to do power level dick measuring than trying to think of the splats as actual games.
>>
>>52488440
Not to mention the only one.
>>
>>52488440
>atamajakki

I don't believe it was him. He usually uses a tripcode, his writing style is clear and consistent, and more importantly, he normally acknowledges the weaknesses or problems of the splats he likes, even mummies.
>>
What happens if a vampire or a promethean get's thrown into Death attuned twilight?

Does the transition degrade their physical form? Would repeated trips turn them into a horrific parody of the human form made out of perfected leather and bone?

I'm asking for reasons.
>>
>>52488317

Nah, that's not enough. Mummies are prideful, you also need a way of showing all their works being undone, like their Cult disbanding or being absorbed by a rival. In the event that their Descent ends and that they're able to escape that way, slip in a cursed magical object on their Tomb that sends them right back and/or makes them constantly blaspheme against the Judges.
>>
File: loliGun.png (133KB, 313x382px) Image search: [Google]
loliGun.png
133KB, 313x382px
>>52488500
KEK Get mad noob No one here gives a shit about your thesis on inter splat relations
This is a place of Memes and Hate
Get with the program
>>
>>52488578

Fuck you, I'm getting this PhD in Inter-Splat relations and you can't stop me!
>>
>>52488571
Do you naturally hate mummies? It's as if you think an eternity of madness isn't a good enough punishment.
>>
>>52488563
>What happens if a vampire or a promethean get's thrown into Death attuned twilight?

They'll most likely starve if left there long enough.

Not much else should happen. Death Twilight might be unpleasant, but no rules suggest it degrades one's physical form or anything similar.
>>
>>52488639

Hey, they said "cruelest possible"! If anything, I'm being too nice!
>>
>>52488563
Nothing more than having entered into a level of twilight where there's likely nothing to feed on, or eat.

Leading to them eventually starving if they can't find a way out.
>>
File: dumbledore.gif (2MB, 498x280px) Image search: [Google]
dumbledore.gif
2MB, 498x280px
>>52488604
More like a Dead End Degree for massage parlor trick of the Vajrayana sex arts
>>
>>52488500
>I get that people are tired of people selling Mages short

Magefags won't care as much when mummies and demons are involved, it's mostly vampfags, werefags and changeling whores that want to sell them short.
>>
>>52488500
A whole Mystery just to deal with a fucking Template?

Fuck off.
>>
>>52488717

We'll see whose laughing when I use my degree to get an academic job with tenure! You'll see, you'll all see!
>>
File: harry-gay.jpg (39KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
harry-gay.jpg
39KB, 450x299px
So magecucks are fighting everyone now ha
>>
>>52488768
This has always been the reality of things.
>>
File: saruman-the-white.jpg (171KB, 990x600px) Image search: [Google]
saruman-the-white.jpg
171KB, 990x600px
>>52488763
Should have just went into the clergy, they have no problems with sexual deviants
>>
>>52488782
>magefags are the cancer of /wog
NO it's the vampfags! they always start shit
>>
>>52488852
But in this case it was a mummyfag that started shit by declaring mummies to be immune to two Arcana.
>>
>>52488758

To pull off a spell that could interact with something that's a mystery even to the target splat itself? It's not an outrageous idea if they're going to be a character that sticks around as an antagonist for a while. If they're just a one-off enemy, though then sure, do whatever.

Mysteries are cool, though, and I do think that if you're doing serious crossover, getting into the nitty gritty of a splat to really fuck 'em up good should at least be a minor one.
>>
>>52488878
No it's the vampfags masquerading as a mummyfag. do you seriously believe anyone even plays mummy? The more you play the weaker you get. what kind of bullshit design system is that?
>>
>>52488902

Who the hell plays CofD for power levels? Even if you really need to play a system with dicepools, WoD's still way more powerful on average.
>>
>>52488939
>Who the hell plays CofD for power levels?

Magefags and their Archmagefag cousins.
>>
>>52488939
what are you a fag trying to cuckold your players in front of your DMPCS? Get your sick fetish out of my game. I signed up to play not to take it up the butt for your erp
>>
>>52488952
>magefags are munchkins
No we're not we're just sick of your crap rules
>>
>>52486511
>>52486783
>>52486792
The rite of return is supreme, a cosmological constant, on par with the erasure of atlantis. You don't get to just bullshit your way out of this one, you're gonna have to get creative. see below.

>>52487470

Who cares? NMage is basically predicated on death of the author.

As far as i'm concerned, the fifth watchtower was retroactively discovered as a result of the 1969 moon landing giving an archmage the quintessence to find it and rewrite the universe so there were ALWAYS five watchtowers. Not telling which one is the new one...

>>52488264
Cement Mixer+foundation of a random building in a dead zone. The magic is for forcing the mummy into the dead zone and then we're off to the races
>>
File: how 'bout no.gif (993KB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
how 'bout no.gif
993KB, 500x238px
>>52489244
>>
>>52489244

>erasure of Atlantis

Oh boy, here come the "Well, ACTUALLY"s
>>
>>52489244
Sorry, your beloved mummies are going to get stuck for all eternity between time and space.

Deal with it.
>>
>>52489244
>The rite of return is supreme, a cosmological constant, on par with the erasure of atlantis

You really have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
File: NO U.jpg (30KB, 640x454px) Image search: [Google]
NO U.jpg
30KB, 640x454px
>>52489273
>>52489310
>>
File: FacePalm.png (33KB, 300x182px) Image search: [Google]
FacePalm.png
33KB, 300x182px
>>52489244
Jeez, and I thought vampfags were retarded.
>>
This is exactly why we could use DaveB right about now.
>>
>>52489353

What, because Mages have to sweat a little to get what they want sometimes i'm suddenly le mummy man?
>>
>>52489376
He's off being fabulous in Hollywood somewhere.
>>
>>52489385
What's so hard about trapping a mummy in limbo for eternity?

kek
>>
>>52488691
I ask because death attuned twilight degrades and destroys mundane material you can also perfect say leather by passing it back and forth through twilight until only the perfected material is left .

So what happens to entities that don't have a pulse or are closer to being an object enters twilight?
>>
File: alert alert alert.gif (480KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
alert alert alert.gif
480KB, 493x342px
>>52489244
>>
>>52489438
>>52489427
>>52489353
>>52489334
>>52489310

Look at all these butthurt NMage players over someone suggesting they can't just fart spells at everything to make it go away. Feels good, man.
>>
>>52489474
Nah, we just know better.
>>
>>52489474
I really don't know anything about Mummy.

Why exactly are they immune to whatever it is you guys are talking about?
>>
>>52489432
Non-living materials are destroyed and turned into ephemera when they enter Twilight.

Vampires might fellate themselves over not being alive, but they don't count as non-living tissue.

And Prometheans are 100% alive. Just "differently" alive.
>>
>>52489546
Mummies can't be permanently killed, this is explicit. Someone suggested locking them down instead using Space / Time.

This angered a few Mummy players, so they declared it something that is perhaps unworkable.

Naturally, this annoyed players of Awakening.
>>
>>52489550
So every time you leave Twilight you leave naked? Do you lose any magic items you take with you?
>>
>>52489572
So this is a case of fanfiction vs canon.

Which means the magefags win this then.
>>
>>52489579
Only death attuned twilight spirit/mind operates slightly different. And only mundane items perfected materials, imbued items, artifacts, something that's got an active spell protecting it, or any other mystical dohicky will be fine.
>>
>>52489579
I'd assume anything Magical in any way, or protected by Death Shielding won't get "destroyed".
>>
>>52489572
So there isn't actually anything stopping them from being trapped in a temporal pocket or a pocket dimension?
>>
>>52489609
They didn't win anything, it's just a case of a baseless assumption from an ignorant, in this the mummyfag as above.
>>
>>52489644
Absolutely nothing, unless you house-rule it otherwise.
>>
>>52489609
>>52489644
>>52489666
I'd rule that an inert mummy in a different state of existence requires the use of a new body for the rite of return, just as if it had been destroyed.

>>52489646
I'm not a mummyfag, just a Mage ST who likes making his players sweat sometimes.
>>
>>52489716
Can we all also agree that Beast as written is a steaming pile of dogshit? I just read it today and am forced to wonder who greenlit this turd.
>>
You think you have a lovely virgin girlfriend/wife? Think again.

A Thyrsus duplucated his body and gangbanged her. She enjoyed it like a slut because of Life magic hormone enhancement and thr mage removed her ability to retain short term memory and restored her pussy to a virginal state so there is no evidence.

She was fucked by a Mastigos and was made to forget it. Uses space to fuck her from a distance. Restores hymen with life

Acanthus fucked her on the Altar on your wedding day by stopping time and resseting it one scene.

Moros fucked her in his ghost form. No hymen breakage but she did felt the arousal and orgasm. She treated it as just masturbation session.

Obrimos fcuks her and then Makes a truth of virginity to restore her
>>
>>52489716
That doesn't sound like it can escape a black hole or the magical equivalent. Any way to escape a black hole is logically equivalent to time travel. As far as I know only Mages can time travel?
>>
>>52489716

I'd agree, though I would personally add that the Cult would probably have to wait until the Mummy's Descent ends before attempting The Call with a sacrifice body.

You could get a really fun take on a cosmic horror plot hook with it: An eldtritch horror cult summoning plot with a surprise twist on what's getting called up from another plane.
>>
why magefags always assume that their power will always succeed and nobody would never be able to resist their power? Doesn't people roll to resist if you try to unmake them in your games?
>>
>>52489806

In theory a Mage can beat almost any Clash of Wills attempt, given that they're all about Resistance Attributes.
>>
>>52489427
The God Anpu (Anubus) would either not allow that or set the mummy free when the Mummy is need for something. Check out the new Dark Era page 136. The section talk about this God in Death Twilight that prevents mummy's from places they shouldn't.
>>
>>52489790

Mummy comes back, thanks his cult (as much as a mummy thanks cultists for anything) and then BARLAGGLHEE ABYSSAL CHEST BURSTERS

Now the mummy, cultists, or offending mages have to do a bug hunt and hope that was all of them because man that fucking sucked.
>>
>>52489806
Unmaking is Withstood.

Eventually a Master can garner Exceptional Success chances exceeding 90%, which means you're basically fucked.
>>
>>52489857
That's the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard.

I guess the Exarchs will shit all over the Arisen when they step on a Mage's toes?

Get over yourself.
>>
>>52489572
>>52489644
>>52489666
Check out page 136 of the new dark era.
>>
>>52489895
That's not a basis for anything.

Every splat has sponsors, yet they don't do shit.
>>
>>52489886
Not the same person just someone who read a book that talks about something that prevents mummies from going places.

How about you read a section about mummy mage crossover.
>>
File: KithSatyr.png (222KB, 365x367px) Image search: [Google]
KithSatyr.png
222KB, 365x367px
>Obrimos fcuks her and then Makes a truth of virginity to restore her
This one is just retarded, and you're retarded for suggesting such
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-01-19-51-31.png (586KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-01-19-51-31.png
586KB, 1080x1920px
>>52489909
He literally exist in Death twilight.

But since y'all can't read a book here.
>>
>>52489956
Good thing Space & Time aren't places.

kek poor mummies

This does mean that they can't go to any interesting places though. Annoying. No Arisen in the Hedge or anything like that. The Judges are jealous in the Biblical sense.
>>
>>52489886

It's one big scat party at the cosmic level with Exarchs, God-Machine, Incarnae, Judges, True Fae, The Principle, and whatever else is at that tier just pooping all over each other constantly.

And one day the universe will end to the sound of them all shouting "THE ARISTOCRATS!"
>>
File: PHWTF.gif (943KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
PHWTF.gif
943KB, 500x312px
>>52489977
>being this retarded
and Here I submit proof positive that magecucks needs to be dragged out back and smashed in the teeth and hands so that their retardation is pulled from the collective gene pool
>>
>>52490030
Oh god, not this eurofag again.
>>
>>52490030
Not that anon, but time isn't exactly a location, and space is defined by the area.
>>
File: Radagast_the_Brown.jpg (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Radagast_the_Brown.jpg
48KB, 300x300px
>>52490038
don't blame France for you turning faggy for fruity dunce caps, grey beards, pieces of wood to shove up your own prostate
>>
>>52489956
So he's more inclined, how interesting. Most sponsors don't give a shit. There's only one canon instance of an Archmage rescuing a normal Mage from doom, while the Exarchs legitimately don't care and the Oracles are off somewhere doing who knows what.
>>
Why are you idiots even considering Time & Space when there are far better methods when dealing with Arisen as a Mage?
>>
File: CrowKnife.jpg (222KB, 500x909px) Image search: [Google]
CrowKnife.jpg
222KB, 500x909px
>>52490030
Oh so I guess you like crappy America Spirits in changelings or HOW ABOUT Vampires getting a toe into Every splat. Fuck your vampire equality bullshit. Why do vampires need Spirit Disciplines? or Blood Magic? that's reatarded
>MUH DRACULA Castlevainia
Fuck your anime video game bullshit that Aint Bram Stroker's Drac

Vampfags are bully NOT magefags
>>
>>52490263
Vampires are described to use magic and rituals in a lot of settings, don't be that person, anon.
>>
>>52490187

They're busy being the watchtowers is my guess. Only Five have been Discovered and Drawn Down retroactively throughout history. At least, that's what I say is true in my games,

A consequence of this is that out of all the non-abyssal left handed legacies that have a "greater good" they aspire towards, the Tremere are the only one that's entirely, demonstrably full of shit.
>>
>>52490302
>KEK vampfag.
Magic is for mages not vampires. Suck on that
>>
>>52490222

When dealing with Arisen, I'm partial to ample uses of fire. At a mere Forces 4, a mage can attack with flame at sensory range with no Defense or Withstand. More creative uses of Forces just add to the excitement.

Undead such mummies and vampires are a mere nuisance to a Wise with control of the fundamental energies of the universe.

>Obrimos give no shits for dusty has-beens. Truth!
>>
>>52490334

Let the asspires have their crappy ritual "magic." I'll be over here magicking up a sunlight gun.
>>
>>52490387
>sunlight gun

I'm personally partial to sunlight grenades, but to each their own.
>>
>>52489956
What if a mage sends a foolish arisen far into the future?
>>
The usual demonfag here, today episode is why the hell do I need to roll medicine. I can understand it to use lore of the awakening to heal, but why do I need to use medicine to use lore of death to destroy not biological matter? What can I make other players roll instead for that? Fucking craft? What about animals? How does medicine ever apply to them.
>>
All this talk about the relative advantages and disadvantages pertaining to both Mage and Mummy has me question why any of this even matters.
Both are (along with Demon) of the three grandest game-lines, so who cares?

A prepared Master is going to annihilate anything that they're specifically prepared for, including mummies and demons and excluding the obvious Arch-Masters, yet Magefags adamantly insist on nullifying any opposing opinions on the nature of the Rite of Return, when it's rather minimal to what is actually important here.

By the by, the Dark Eras Companion is a great addition and highly recommend.
>>
>>52490436
I Don't know why the Fuck are you playing Demon and not mage?
>Fuckoff demonfags mages are the divine spark
>>
>>52490506
>the essential unbearable views of the magefag
>>
>>52490434
For about 4 campaigns he'd persistently struggle to get back.

Only to have the 4th session of the 5th (and allegedly last) campaign interrupted as the GM gets temporarily bored and runs a suprise one-off session of his sc-fi game.
>>
File: Eruka_frog_by_Pixeltard.png (16KB, 629x576px) Image search: [Google]
Eruka_frog_by_Pixeltard.png
16KB, 629x576px
>>52490547
Get on my Level VampFAG
>>
>>52489956
>This does appear to irritate Anpu greatly, and he may allude to doing this because he must, not because he wishes to.

>fucking stupid mummies, always making me drag their asses out of pocket dimensions and back from the future and shit
>>
>>52490506
>>52490603
>no anon, vampfags are ruining these threads... Not magefag.
>>
>>52490634
The future isn't a place
>>
>>52490488

The Rite of Return, and the eternal slavery to inhuman monsters in their dimensional hell, is punishment enough for the Deathless. Unless an Arisen interferes with a mage's pursuit of the mysteries or seeks to harm those under the protect of the Wise, mummies should simply be ignored or quietly studied.

If forced to confront the undead, the ample use of fire magic and other incendiaries is highly recommended. The subsequent hunting and eradication of every member of their associated cults down to the last man, woman and child is also prudent to deter future interference or retribution from other undead.

- Raziel, Obrimos Censor of the Mysterium, excerpts from advice imparted to his apprentice
>>
File: adamsfamilyroom.jpg (135KB, 540x956px) Image search: [Google]
adamsfamilyroom.jpg
135KB, 540x956px
>>52490636
>Whatever vampfag keep sucking ROse's cock
>>
Don't mummies just regenerate in their coffin or something when they're killed/destroyed?
>>
>>52490554
>GM gets temporarily bored and runs a surprise one-off session of his sci-fi game

Mummies...in...Spaaaaaaaaace!

I'll play, but I think I already saw the movie.
>>
>>52490680
I'm actually the demonfag that is trying to get a serious answer you mongrel.
>>
>>52490658
Doesn't mean it can't be considered somewhere a mummy isn't supposed to be.

Technicalities don't really matter in games with magic. Things don't run on science and logic.
>>
>>52490765
>somewhere a mummy isn't supposed to be

Mummies go to the future all-the-damn-time. They're never in the same world.
>>
File: EntropyMage.jpg (27KB, 510x342px) Image search: [Google]
EntropyMage.jpg
27KB, 510x342px
>>52490728
>Coming to 4chan
>Expecting an answer
Choose one
>>
>>52490780
>Confusing Future with Present
Do vampfags have no shame? why even let them out of the box?
>>
So, how 'bout them werewolves?
>>
>>52490821
The present is subjective.
>>
>>52490488
If they're the top three, how would one rank the rest based on overall power?
>>
>>52490853
>So, how 'bout them werewolves?

They make excellent mage minions and throw rugs.
>>
>>52490875
That's a tricky undertaking.
>>
>>52490916
>So, how 'bout them werewolves?
>They make excellent mage minions and throw rugs.

Werewolves are definitely better minions than those whiny emo changelings.
>>
>>52491030
>>
>>52488404
It's terrified.

It's expecting to be beaten by its owner, who is just off-screen.

But of course this is "such a cute grinning dog", which is why it got into a segment on a Japanese morning show, which is where that came from, but yes, that's a "pls don't hit me master" reflex, not anything positive.
>>
Poison is the only way to deal with Mage players.
>>
>>52476332
While magic is powerful and more creative than blood magic, it couldn't give them immortality.
Paradox became a pain in the ass.

So they chose less powerful and not-so-creative magic and became immortal.

I guess they could simply leave the consensual reality to live in an umbral realm forever... but maybe they had no power to do that.
Or they didn't want to lose against the collective.
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.