[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Game Night >some people are clearly "not in the right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: CestreeNightgown.jpg (166KB, 650x1287px) Image search: [Google]
CestreeNightgown.jpg
166KB, 650x1287px
>Game Night
>some people are clearly "not in the right mood" to play an RPG
>after a few hours, they're either languishing or acting out, and they're making bad decisions they ordinarily wouldn't make

Have you ever experienced this with people who are normally good players? Is it too far out of left field to suggest calling it a night early and playing some other game instead of continuing with a campaign?
>>
You're not writing a symphony.
>>
File: ok.jpg (85KB, 1578x1729px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
85KB, 1578x1729px
>>52471179
Speak for yourself, cockbreath.

I'm a goddamn conductor.
>>
File: 1387116763724.jpg (68KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1387116763724.jpg
68KB, 500x500px
We called game night off once because of this sort of thing.

>usually play on Wednesdays at 5
>one week, That Guy shows up 3 hours late and is absolutely drunk
>he's stumbling everywhere, knocks a beer over onto the playmat, can barely form a coherent sentence
>he just keeps rolling his D20 on the table and mumbling drunken nonsense
>DM calls it, we're not gonna be able to fight the boss in only 2 hours, especially if That Fucking Guy won't even remember what happened
>as we're rolling up the playmat That Guy becomes visibly frustrated, tries unrolling the mat and keeps slamming figures onto the table
>we explain that he was late, he's drunk, and we're not gonna play
>he starts to shout about "I JUST GOT HERE I CANT BELIEVE I LEFT THE BAR TO COME HERE AND WE ARENT EVEN GONNA PLAY"
>he's absolutely beligerent, argues with the DM trying to twist the situation to make it seem less like he's at fault and more like we're all picking on him
>he storms off in a huff and slams the door behind him

We didn't play for 2 more months because he was THAT butthurt about us 'wasting his time'. He didn't seem to understand that being incomprehensively drunk is not condusive to meaningful play. Only semi-related but he gets drunk literally every session, and by the end of the night he's struggling to pay attention and can hardly even remember what we're doing or why. Fuck I hate that guy.
>>
>>52471050
>playing TT drunk
That's you're own damn fault. Especially because you like ribbonfag's art.
>>
>>52471295
I think you need to work on your reading comprehension, son.
>>
File: 1428694367324.jpg (59KB, 609x500px) Image search: [Google]
1428694367324.jpg
59KB, 609x500px
>>52471050
been waiting for one player to finish his fucking character and we're already 3 sessions in

>>52471261
too bad you're overlooked, underappreciated and will never be the front man of a band
>>
>>52471263
I once had two other players take a cigarette break, come back smelling of skunk, and they were completely incapable of playing from that point on. We ended up spending the rest of the night just in a tavern, shooting the breeze with NPCs while those two laughed at everything and nothing.
Ordinarily, they're fine, but after that session the DM just flat out told them no more "cigarette" breaks.
>>
>>52471261

Dungeon Maestro
>>
>>52471843
That was good enough to deserve a (You), but just one. Don't spend it all in one place.
>>
>>52471295
90% certain that's Greenmarine's art.
>>
>>52471843
Now son, your mom thinks you're too inexperienced to handle more than one (You), but i trust ya, champ.
>>
>>52472466
Why is she even holding them?
>>
>>52471050
>Have you ever experienced this with people who are normally good players?
Look up how menstrual cycle works and schedule around it.
>>
File: tumblr_nv4bjw0g3B1s4ge0mo3_1280.jpg (451KB, 1280x1694px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv4bjw0g3B1s4ge0mo3_1280.jpg
451KB, 1280x1694px
>>52472896
Doesn't everyone want to hold big breasts?
>>
>>52471050
Maybe its burnout. I dont have much experience in the way of ttrpgs (only gmed for year and a half ago up to now), but ive since shifted the length of play of my groups' game from 5-6hrs down to about 2-3 on average. In game we usually get through a day, sometimes two with a lot more RP and downtime since they arn't big damn heros and are more reacting to things going to shit rather than seek it out.

By all means, if it doesnt fit your group's style or your games tone to run a bit closer to "slice of life"/urban shenanigans, then don't. We find it gives enough time to do what the group had in mind that day wether its bust a local gang or enhance standing with local connections. On the GM side of things it means i have less to improv if something goes tits up and can spend the next week thinking up and planning the fallout. From the player side, ive had a couple tell me they like how everything has more thought behind it, and its easier to get/stay in character because we dont skim as many interactions.

Of couse i also understand sometimes you need to go longer. We still do have the longer sessions for time to time, but only in appropiate moments when things really heat up. Just saying that when every session is 5ish hrs and spans nearly a week or more in game time, it could be easier to disconnect.
>>
>>52471843
Giving you another (you), even though you're probably too young, but hey, what are cool uncles for?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.