[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DMing >player wants to use the inheritor background >Hands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Jerry-Seinfeld.jpg (110KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
Jerry-Seinfeld.jpg
110KB, 1252x1252px
>DMing
>player wants to use the inheritor background
>Hands me a tearful letter from his grandfather
>"Grandson, when I die I want to have my two most prized family heirlooms: my blessed +3 greased silver dragon scale mail, and my uncursed ring of true polymorph"
>>
Have someone steal them and make the player quest to get them back. ezpz
>>
>>52469455
>uncursed ring of true polymorph
>ohboy.jpg
>nothing cursed about being a female dwarf, is there?
>>
>>52469455
Anon, this is clearly your handwriting
>>
>>52469455
>DMing
>player wants to use the inheritor background
>Hands me a tearful letter from his grandfather
>"Grandson, when I die I want to have my two most prized family heirlooms: my blessed +3 greased silver dragon scale mail, and my uncursed ring of true polymorph"
>read sheet
>write on sheet
>give sheet back to player
>"Enclosed is a map to the location of these treasures. The way will be long and perilous, but I know you will succeed!"

Not seeing any real problems.
>>
His granddad's senile and the items are normal quality items.
Alternatively, they have a mild curse that's enough to be a bother but not enough to be worth going armourless.
>>
>>52469455
> To collect them, bring this letter to Asmodeus & Asmodeus Legal Associates in [line unreadable], they will give you the key to my deposit box upon proof of lineage.
>>
>>52469455
>"When I die I want to be buried with my two most prized family heirlooms: my blessed +3 greased silver dragon scale mail, and my uncursed ring of true polymorph"
>I also want my crate to be enchanted with a spell of "hands off my coffin you greedy cunt"
>>
>>52469565
Good solution
>>
>>52469455
>>52469535
I feel like if someone is stipulating that an item is "uncursed" then it's probably absolutely cursed.

That would actually make for a funny as hell merchant though.

>"Oh yes, a very finely crafted uncursed rope right there. Oh not interested? Then how about this fantasically forged uncursed dagger?"
>>
>>52469455
Do you want your possessions identified?
>>
>>52471323
All of the items have the same derpy curse where you have to specifically say that they're uncursed when talking about them. In no way can you intentionally communicate to anyone that they are cursed or omit the word "uncursed" from their description, through words, writing, tone, body language, or even thoughts (In the event of mind reading or mental communication magic).

There is no other effect of the curse.
>>
>>52469455
>blessed +3 greased silver dragon scale mail
I'm pretty sure you can't skin a creature so fundamentally attuned to Good, make armor out of it, and then "bless" it. Was grandpa Chaotic Evil?
>>
>>52469455
>Show up to get it
>We got robbed!
>What, did you think that nobody would want such valuable items? Track the thief down if you want them back.
>>
>>52472806
>polymorph self to dragon
>cut off your tail
>polymorph back to human
>repeat until you have enough scales
Grandpa always said "no pain, no gain".
>>
>>52469455
Doesn't uncursed only mean you're allowed to take it off this one time?

So it was uncursed, taken off his body, put in a box, and sent to the boy.

*WHOOPS*
>>
File: Snidely+Whiplash.png (69KB, 293x400px) Image search: [Google]
Snidely+Whiplash.png
69KB, 293x400px
>>52472806
What? No! No! Don't be like that. I am totally a good guy. I made my fortunes doing legitimate business in the honest business trade.
>>
>>52469455
>this is what your grandfather would have bestowed upon you, unfortunately he died with those same heirlooms on his person when he fell into the volcano
>>
>>52469455
Unfortunately, the polymorph ring means your 'grandfather' is actually your grandmother, and your female cousin is her legal heir. You're going to have to fight in court to get this scribble to be accepted as a valid will.
>>
>>52472906
Uncursed in this context means "neither cursed nor blessed".
>>
>>52472806
>>52472972
The fuck is a blessed item anyway
This is D&D not NetHack
>>
>>52472972
so it's the roguelike definition, not the dragon-quest & shining-force definition?
>>
>>52469771
This guy DMs
>>
>>52472997
>>52472999
OP put things in nethack wish parser form. So yeah, 's nethack.
>>
>>52472806
You're not thinking cre-at-ive-ly
>befriend dragon
>dragon dies of dragon cancer
>on its deathbed it gives you written consent to use its body to fashion armor so you may slay the Dark Lord
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.